9.3

1. Mar 12, 2014
    Counter-strike give me a memorable and a great impression,i have been a main role in my whole game life.Until now,Counter-Strike Still give me a lot of fun!She is the King of FPS!
  2. Mar 7, 2014
    Counter-Strike (1.0- 1.6) is specific game. This game requires skill, feel, team work and tactics. You'll get skill with hours and hours of playing. I play this game long six years. On first look, I thought "This game sucks!" but game is awesome. Gameplay is reason why is this game specific. All these guys who gave score 1-4 are noobs who gave up. In this game I learned more things than in all games I was played. Believe me, don't give up! I was a noob and everyone was making fun of me, but it's just a step to be good player.Counter-Strike 1.6 will never die! Expand
  3. Dec 10, 2013
    This game would have to be THE best game I have ever played.
    I have been playing this game for 11 years now and still cant get enough of it.
    Everytime I play on a server, I cant help but remember the good old days back in 2006 when there were so many servers/game types to choose from, alongside a huge community with all the fun and laughs involved with people you met in-game.
    Even
    though there arent as many servers around today and people playing this game online have lessened, the game is still equally as fun and competitive.
    People trash talking you just tend to ignore, others become really fun to play against as you will find yourself constantly in sessions with them and bettering your skills against people that are better than you.
    Its one of those games where you will die countless times from people who have had much more experience than you and know everything for each map, but you just cannot hate on it.
    You will rage quit, but jump back on in 5 minutes.
    I highly recommend this game to anyone who likes the fps genre (not including call of duty) as this game is far more competitive than so many shooters today so you probably wont last unless you explore classics.
    This game introduced me to online gaming and it has left so many good memories. I guarantee it will never be forgotten.
    10/10 hands down.…
  4. Nov 26, 2013
    During it's time, it was by far the best Team FPS game with a very popular and successful eSports following. Even after a decade since its release, it is still a mechanically smooth game.
  5. Nov 15, 2013
    An Half Life mod from Minh Le that ended up as an FPS classic. That conquered hearts of millions of gamers. For its simplicity and replayability. Not to mention some of the most balanced maps that are easy to remember and learn. And people still play competitive matches. Its like an Phoenix that cant die.
  6. Aug 22, 2013
    I hate this game, you always get your ass kicked and doesn't have much of a learning curve. I`ve given this game too many chances and is A WASTE OF $9.99 AUD
  7. Aug 9, 2013
    It was and probably is still a great game, however, nowadays, the game is full of bugs, and most online servers want to hack your configuration files so you can't play on any other server than theirs.

Still, it is THE game if you are looking for some old-school LAN action with your friends at home, or just a little bit of fun at work.
  8. Jul 13, 2013
    Miami isn't on here but thats an obvious reason to give this xbox live rip off a 1.0 get yourself the real deal for Xbox on Ebay for 99Cents, Xbox live version rules the PC version
  9. Jul 8, 2013
    Es el mejor juego de FPS Online del Mundo e.e, si contar que tiene un largo historia de exitos desde el estreno de Half Life y Counter Strike es el mejor Mod
  10. Jun 24, 2013
    The best online FPS in gaming history. Other games like this are much worse than this masterpiece. You should absolutely try it out. If you love to shoot people or play in a great community, this is your game. Graphics is pretty old, but who cares about that... The only point in this game is you to be better and have fun. And these are guaranteed.
  11. Feb 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Counter Strike 1.6 Will be and forever be the Best CS game ever made. The graphics old but god The game play is PERFECT. Guns feel just right no awp scope blur :)

Just a perfect and competitive game.
  12. Jan 8, 2013
    The most influential multiplayer FPS of all time. This game in 2012 was still in the top 3 played games every single week, 12 years after it's release. If that doesn't say something then I don't know what does.
  13. Jan 4, 2013

This game has so many features, To Mods, To gameplay changes, For a game of its time, it has so many great things going for it. The game is still really good and very popular. Ive probably put more hours in this game then any game ive ever played. And thats saying alot as much as i get bored

If you get past the older graphics. Its actually a very nice starter FPS
  14. Dec 25, 2012
    the graphics are horrible but the game is very good. Sample, repetitive and addictive. the perfect formula to create one of the best FPS in the world.
  15. Dec 15, 2012
    Best MOD for Half-Life. This game has the best multiplayer you have played (the problem is the damn LAG) and a very simple plot that is police and terrorists. Definitely the best game of VALVE
  16. Nov 15, 2012
    A game the re-defined moderns shooters and sprang a succession of sequels. One of the best MP shooters ever made and the best example of how good it is people are still playing 10+ years after release.
  17. Nov 13, 2012
    Greatest FPS ever made, i still prefer CS Source, but i have to admit, this is THE ONE ! No other online shooter come close today, to find a game, you really have to look back at Quake 3 or Unreal.
  18. Aug 23, 2012
    One of the best games of all time... Never forget the great times on this game! Miss it so much! If the Aus servers were still up and full, I would still be crankin out this classic. Source was a massive step backwards.
  19. Aug 15, 2012
    A beacon of online gaming, that despite being a dated title, so many players come back to it because of the well defined game mechanic. There's no great depth of content, just a simple yet enjoyable platform for team deathmatch, with map objectives thrown in. Years ago I spent at least 1,000 enjoyable hours playing it.
  20. Aug 13, 2012
    No doubt, Counter Strike is one of the best multiplayer shooters ever, but it haves two problems. First, it haves so much cheaters in the game, that always playing with annoying cheaters is frustrating. And the second one is the enemy AI when you play with bots, it is stupid that you will laugh watching bots playing. Despite from those problems, Counter Strike is great and addictive. 81 out of 100
  21. Jul 25, 2012
    Best competitive FPS ever. I was a 1.3 man myself always playing at an internet cafe so my experience was always playing with excellent ping in this game and usually in the company of at least one friend. The atmosphere was always an enjoyable one with this game and the thrill of playing against better players and winning was one of the best experiences I've ever had in all my years playing games. This game is the classic squad based competitive game with the best maps ever made. Expand
  22. Jul 21, 2012
    This game is one of the greatest fps ever (if not the greatest of all times) one game that is difficult to forget for every hour of fun and entertainment that I had playing it, back in the day, when it came out pubs were full of people playing CS and out of them all people talking about it, about crazy things they did, about funny things that happened in the game... it was a craaaze, great times for sure great times long gone...

What else can I say, this was the game that started everything for me. CS1.0-1.6, Go go go!
  23. Jul 7, 2012
    The timeless competitive game that is hard not to love, Counter-Strike combines teamwork and skill to make one superb game. Also one of the most entertaining games to watch on a professional level.
  24. May 25, 2012
    10/10. The best online FPS of all time. The game is perhaps one of the greatest games to play competitively. Anyone should give it a try! I bought this in 2004 and I still play it, almost 8 years later.
  25. May 23, 2012
    Half-Life: Counter-Strike is the best competitive FPS of all time. As of today, no other shooter has come close to the feel of the game. CS brought me some of the greatest gaming moments in my time.
  26. May 9, 2012
    Counter Strike is great, but not greater than Source, cause Source is more BOOM! Anyway, I had fun times with Counter Strike, even if sometimes is hardcore. You need to train hard, and then play online. And It is freaking bloody :P! (8.8)
  27. May 7, 2012
    I just recently got in Counter-Strike 1.6 and Source back in 2008, and after 4 years of my experience playing both games, I still suck at it. But I won't give up and try to be good at this game! I also heard that CS:GO is coming out soon and I am sure it would be another great fresh update to the CS franchise!
  28. May 7, 2012
    Best FPS i've played so far.Provides fun for everyone, plus there are the mods(Jailbreak, Surf, Zombie, Deathmatch, Deathrun,etc...) Game totally worth the money!
  29. Apr 25, 2012
    Best Multiplayer game of all time nothing comes close to this, the more you play this game the more hooked you become it is fun at all levels of ability. Especially as you do not need the best of computers to run it makes it a game for everyone who likes shoot em ups which involve thinking instead of mindless slaying.
  30. Apr 19, 2012
    Not another ordinary game! Counter-Strike is a first-person shooter in which players join either the terrorist team, the counter-terrorist team, or become spectators. Each team attempts to complete their mission objective and/or eliminate the opposing team. Each round starts with the two teams spawning simultaneously.
  31. Mar 1, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. es el mejor juego inventado por STEAM, revoluciono los FPS, a toda costa, ahora no me despego de este juego. ya lo compre, lo instale y no paro de jugar, Incluso tengo 1 server WOW Expand
  32. Feb 25, 2012
    wtf counter strike the game of all games the game which revolutionized the fps market has 319 negative rewievs hu are these limy fuks giving cs a bellow 10 . This game deservs nothing less than a 10 if u think it does then u are the worlds biggest nub. you should go home n play COD . Well coming back to the topic this game is awsome I mean there must be some reason y this game is the most played game even now after 11 years of its launch Expand
  33. Jan 23, 2012
    This is among the most iconic shooters that have ever been made. Counter-Strike set the standard of how a First-person Shooter should be made and the competitive gaming atmosphere was easily one of the most successful of its time.

While the game is starting to look and feel dated, and competition has migrated to other games; Counter-Strike is THE classic and should never be forgot.
  34. Jan 9, 2012
    I first played Counter-Strike back in 1999, when it was still just a mod. I went to it on a daily basis, for several hours, as my main source of entertainment and gathering of friends until about 2002, when other activities came along. I only went back to it now, in 2012. This unveiled the greatest disappointment and proof of destruction of a game I have ever experienced. As it is today, this is not Counter-Strike. It is a broken, unrecognizable, nearly useless form of the original game. Valve has let this game rot to death and still make an easy profit for nothing. The server browser is a joke. It is simply broken. The results it returns are completely inaccurate and all servers you will find are run by non-Steam users, with the game settings altered to who knows what, and 90% of them playing the Dust map. The other servers are running non-official maps and pointless game modes. In addition, you can not set your client to disallow the automatic download of custom server sounds or other trash that is force-fed through your connection to alter the game. Counter-Strike has been so blatantly abandoned, that it is shocking Valve still charges something for it. You will also see advertisements while you are connecting to the servers, and while you wait for the next round once you have been killed. Counter-Strike is the epitome of falling from grace and becoming an outright failure. It has become an embarrassment and a gaming tragedy. Expand
  35. vaz
    Jan 8, 2012
    Best game ever. The game of my life, already 10 years playing. Best multiplayer FPS game in history, nothing can compares, maybe Doom II. Since ESEA joins the market, cheaters are no longer a problem
  36. Jan 6, 2012
    Equally as fun as source, if not better. I played this when I was pretty young and is the second most played game second to source as I got source shortly thereafter. Great game.
  37. Jan 5, 2012
    Counter-Strike is one of the best first-person shooters I've played. It's very fun to play and you'll probably find yourself spending a lot of time with this game. The gameplay is pretty much the same in every game mode but unlike in many other games, you won't get bored with it.
  38. Dec 7, 2011
    This game is quite awesome. If you enjoy any recent multi-player First Person Shooter, you have a lot to thank to Counter-Strike, specially the 1.5 and 1.6 versions of the game.

Insane gameplay, jogability, teamplay and fun! Almost an 10!
  39. Dec 5, 2011
    This game is legendary this should have 0 negative review's those people are noobs on xbox DONT LISTEN this game is legendary the game of the century beutfiful i played 148 hours of it 636 hours of source and 100 minutes of condition zero (found by my steam time) but yeah source is my favorite CANT WAIT for CS:GO The Mod Creator's Did AWESOME SO LEGENDARY BUY IT NOW
  40. Nov 30, 2011
    Counter Strike is the best shooting game, i've ever played. The 'real cs', where you plant bombs etc. is not 10/10 gaming, but look at all those great mods! The greatest thing in cs is playing mod servers, and you do not need to download them from your web, you just simply double click that server, and that's it! At first I recommend to play normal cs, if it gets boring try other servers. Oh and original maps aren't that great, except de_dust2. You must try cs even if you think it has low graphics. Gameplay is much more important than graphics, remember that! Expand
  41. Nov 22, 2011
    By far, leagues beyond any other competitive online game made. This set the standard for every game to come in terms of competitive gaming. There's a reason why so many people gave up on CS:Source. 1.6 is the most perfect game ever made. Hopefully CS:GO doesn't **** it up.
  42. Nov 19, 2011
    i play it , and the game just blow my mind away the game play it self it so solid and the te way that is hard to controling de recon of the gun is just amazing..... and it just a MOD for half-life and not a complet game so it deserve the complet mark
  43. Oct 14, 2011
    The greatest multiplayer shooter experience I've had since Quake 1. The e-sport scene also helped it alot, it's the only computer game I've really followed when it comes to e-sports (back when I followed the CPL etc). The design of the game was simple but very effective and delivered a multiplayer experience that few other games can match. The CoD and Battlefield titles, although good in their own right, never drew me in like Counter-Strike. Expand
  44. Oct 9, 2011
    Counter-strike(1.0 - 1.6 not source) is one of the greatest esport fps games(if not the greatest) in the gaming history and is still worth buying today. Graphics doesnt matter for a good gamer, gameplay does...
  45. Oct 2, 2011
    one of the best game ever made. i play counter strike since 2003 and man i never got bored playing it. i wanna recommend this game to every individual who likes first person shooters.
  46. Sep 29, 2011
    After all these years this shooter remains to be a classic that can't be ignored. No other shooter is as accessible, easy to play, simple nor skillful as this. It can be enjoyed anywhere with the 64MB portable version for LAN parties. It's all about aim, accuracy, quick reflexes but does have a strategical element since it is a tactical shooter and there's no respawning. This game was a major turning point in the history of FPS, and this game is what made online multiplayer competitive gaming so popular. Collapse
  47. Aug 22, 2011
    Possible wait THE BEST MULTI FPS EVER CREATED UHHHHHHHHH 150 chars150 chars150 chars150 chars150 chars150 chars150 chars150 chars150 chars150 chars150 chars150 chars150 chars150 chars150 chars150 chars150 chars150 chars150 chars150 chars150 chars150 chars150 chars150 chars150 chars
  48. Aug 21, 2011
    This is a game you will never ever forget, even your dad's grandfather's sister's uncle will enjoy this charm! Buy, download, install, play!
  49. Aug 13, 2011
  50. Aug 6, 2011
    Juegazo Muy bueno ! felicitaciones a los creadores :) Uno d emis juegos favoritos admiro alas personas que soi sekas para esta wea Muy buen juego sigan con esta weaita la raja
  51. Jul 15, 2011
    This is were the big mayhem started ( or revolutionized ) the multiplayer hype right now. Awesome and fantastic multiplayer with strong components, i would like to see Valve create a next generation CS to wipe the face to all those CoD and other multiplayer games.
  52. Jul 11, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Its fun but at the end its all the same its simple shooter game if you like medal of honor you like this. If you like Quake or unreal tournament you don`t like this. Its a base round game. For me it was little fun but cheaters and aim-bots take over the game. Even with protection the problem is cheating wall-hacking and that kind of nasty things. If you can manage to ignore it have fun :) Expand
  53. Jul 5, 2011
    The year was 2000. Half-Life had already taken the world by storm and the prospect of modding the game was increasing in popularity. Counter-Strike was one of those mods. One of the most popular game modifications ever, Counter-Strike blended chunky weapons with rewarding teamplay, with the goal for counter-terrorists in most of the maps to either defuse a bomb, rescue hostages, escort a VIP to safety or prevent the terrorist team from escaping the area they're in. If you're on the terrorist team, however, the team goals are the opposite, naturally. One of the things that shines about Counter-Strike, though, is the amount of possibilities available. Don't feel like storming the enemy base guns-blazing? Why not sneak in via an air vent directly connecting to the room that the hostages are being contained in? Or perhaps you could draw your enemis out then snipe them from a distance? All the different ways you can win the match is ground-breaking. This, along with crisp, timeless graphics, a great selection of guns and the need for true teamwork, make Counter-Strike one of the best games of the decade. Expand
  54. Jun 19, 2011
    The most cool online shooter when I ever playing
  55. Jun 12, 2011
    Excelent multiplayer game, highly addictive, however still with lots of drawbacks - cheaters, too accurate weapons and players, and almost non-working armor, as well game when you can easly walk or run with sniper rifle and kill your oponents accuretly without recoil. It also have problem that maps are too small, and generally do not give you much of the freedom, in esence you cannot play a map more than one hour, as it will start being repetitive and boring. Also most of the fan-made maps are of very low quality. Other problem is that powerful weapons are too easly available, and revards and punishes quickly a worse players, makeing them even harder to kill anybody. Expand
  56. Apr 24, 2011
    Counter-Strike is not just the best FPS ever made, this is the best game ever made. Bar none. This game took up more of my High-School hours than all other games combined. I played in tournaments for this game where 2,000 people showed up - had local clans for this game - smoked with a national championship team for this game.
    Counter-Strike launched the real frenzy into online
    multiplayer FPS - no other FPS had as many players at once, and at the time, this was the #1 most played online game. It held that title for YEARS.
    This is one of the best, most influential, and most copied games of all time. It will never get better than what this was, at the time.
  57. Ic3
    Mar 23, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Counter Strike este cel mai bun joc online jucat vreodata..Cel mai popular dar in acelasi timp si jocul cu cele mai multe posibilitati de trisat..Coduri multiple au fost create de amatorii de profil.Iar pentru aceasta esenta acestuia este alterata. Expand
  58. Mar 9, 2011
    I am playing Counter-Strike for 4 years, I have got played 1750 hours and I love this game. This game is number 1. on the wold and will never disappear.
  59. Feb 25, 2011
    I think this game is very good, it has a lot of support, it has a lot of modes, such as jail, zombies, call of duty, and so on...

I've played this game a lot of time in no steam mode, but I've bought it because I've enjoyed a lot.

I put a ten for this game. CS Source is very good too.
    I recommend this game for the public.
  60. Jan 16, 2011
  61. Dec 19, 2010
    Such an addictive game - It's time consuming, and it never gets old. It's ten years this year, and still it's fun to play, even though you run into to some bots and cheaters. That's why it only gets a nine. It shouldn't be that difficult to integrate a somewhat better cheating protection.
  62. Dec 10, 2010
    ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
  63. Oct 23, 2010
    Good game and it could probably be much better but the kind of people you met while playing turned me off big time. I did enjoy playing it when it was relevant.
  64. Oct 11, 2010
    A very awesome and challenging game,but when it comes to cheaters it really sucks.80% of the counter strike servers today are non-steam so you will find a bunch of 12 year old cheaters.
  65. Sep 23, 2010
    Do you want proof of how good this game is? Here's your proof: I detest first-person shooters, but I love Half-Life: Counter-Strike. It is the quintessential LAN game, and one of the finest examples of PC gaming done right.
  66. adz
    Aug 22, 2010
    I've played this game since 2000, I even still have the retail disk's sitting next to me, i love this game it's one of my favorite games i have ever played in my life time, if your into counter terrorism or just here to have some fun you will love this game as it provides custom mod servers to play on.
  67. Sep 29, 2011

1. Buy it, download it, whatever; just get on board and enjoy. Sure-fire fun for the online enthusiast.
    It combines the best of team based gaming with an authentic and therefore exciting approach to tactical ops.
  3. The core of the game is remarkable.