Counter-Strike PC

9.2

1. Sep 5, 2017
    REVIEW BASED ON
    > Countless hours in

The birth of one of the most played online videogames of all time

GAME SHAKER
    + The iconic maps

PROS
    + The classic Goldsrc graphics
    + The original gameplay and veterans' favourite hitboxes

CONS
    - The limited potential due to the old graphics
  2. Aug 25, 2017
    It is good game with good team atmosphere around it, but lack of story, graphics and anti cheating system could not help it to get to the top. Just shoot, win. And you can just see who killed more and which team has won more. No achievements at all.
  3. Aug 25, 2017
    Counter-Strike 1.6 was released a long time ago. The game revolutionized the world of games and eSports and 17 years after his release date you can still see how 1.6 changed things.

My first FPS game was some sort of FTP Facebook game , but my real first FPS was CS.GO . When i was a kid I loved to play some Nintendo games but almost 3 years ago I started playing CS:GO with my friends. I started to play that game everyday and it was my main game , but after some years , my HP Laptop just couldn´t hold it with the map graphics updates and that stuff.

That´s when I started my passion for "Old" games , I looked for a solution and found out a 10$ pack that included 1.6,Source and both CS:CZ. And of course , my laptop could run those games.

I didn´t knowed that I was going to love "Old" games so I started to play the most recent one before CS:GO , which was Source. After 40 hours of playing I got bored because there weren´t many Portuguese players and friends that played the game. I wen´t doing some research and found out that 1.6 was the most played of those games game by Portuguese people. I was confused because the game was old , the graphics were awful , etc... But apart from those things , there was a big Portuguese community around the game and there were so many good players and friends to play with.

I started to love the game and my passion for "Old" games was increasing and I started to play more "Old" games. I could see the influence that 1.6 had in the games community.

Nowadays , I have a new PC and I´m currently playing CS:GO , but I still love to get back in 1.6 and just chill for some hours.

This is probably the best game ever to be released and it changed so much.
  4. Jul 21, 2017
    Still one of the best online shooters to this day. The gameplay is very easy to pick up and learn, while also nearly impossibly hard to master, the perfect formula to keep you coming back for hundreds (if not thousands) of hours worth of matches.
  5. Jul 17, 2017
    Counter-Strike is a decent game, however, it has since been outdone by many other FPS games. It is simple, and the controls aren't complicated to get used to. However, the gameplay becomes repetitive quickly, and after playing through it for some hours, the game doesn't offer much to add to the experience. Honestly, it doesn't require much skill, more about how fast you can dodge or aim,Counter-Strike is a decent game, however, it has since been outdone by many other FPS games. It is simple, and the controls aren't complicated to get used to. However, the gameplay becomes repetitive quickly, and after playing through it for some hours, the game doesn't offer much to add to the experience. Honestly, it doesn't require much skill, more about how fast you can dodge or aim, and how much time you are willing to commit to this game. For what it is though, it's not a bad game. Expand
  6. Jul 11, 2017
    Counter-Strike allows you to immerse yourselves in its almost perfectly designed gameplay, in countless hours of competitive firefights and in pure addictiveness.
  7. Jun 19, 2017
    Counter-Strike is truly one of the genre's best and most innovative video games.Features plenty of game modes who are fun to play with friends or even random people from the internet. This is one of those games who will still be played years from now.
  8. May 27, 2017
    This game This game has the best multiplayer i have played, u cannot get sick of it.It is fun when you play it with friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. Jan 3, 2017
    great game, if you don't mind your ass getting kicked by people better than you... considered by many a classic, i still couldn't get into it as much as i did with source.
  10. Oct 25, 2016
    Still in my memory as the best FPS multiplayer of all time. Hugely skill based. One death per round made it count. Still never experienced anything in any game like going on a real heater kill streak in good ol' CS!
  11. Oct 16, 2016
    Спасибо за вклад в индустрию,но твоё время прошло.
    Игра устарела по всем параметрам и в неё продолжают играть только те люди,которые застряли во времени или не признают современные игры,а так же cs:go.
  12. Aug 28, 2016
    This is how you do a mulitiplayer game and make it last throughout the years. Onto the review then.

Pros: -one thing that you can't deny about counter Strike is it's sense of realism. Sure it isn't fully realistic but things like footsteps and the sound of bullets have saved my ass multiple times from certain doom. Be aware,this isn't Call of Duty. you're gonna need a certain level of

Pros:
    -one thing that you can't deny about counter Strike is it's sense of realism. Sure it isn't fully realistic but things like footsteps and the sound of bullets have saved my ass multiple times from certain doom. Be aware,this isn't Call of Duty. you're gonna need a certain level of strategy depending on what play style is your favorite.
    -The maps are excellent. Seriously there's not a single bad map. The worst it gets is meh. But who can forget the classic de-dust or cs-assault. Fantastic maps with fantastic design.

Cons:
    -The graphics haven't aged all that well. It isn't Deus Ex level bad but it is Half Life 1 level bad

In conclusion Counter Strike is a fantastic multiplayer shooter and anybody who wants a little strategy with their FPS's should check this game out
  13. Jul 19, 2016
    Still worth playing after all these years. An adrenaline filled multiplayer FPS with well designed maps and a lot of external mods will keep you occupied for a while.
  14. Jul 3, 2016
    It came out a lot of years ago and still remain popular. I remember being addictive with this game a few years ago, and I'm happy that I cancelled playing it since it took a lot of time. But I would definitely say that it is awesome. But not today.
  15. Apr 19, 2016
    una leyenda este counter strike, aun se sigue jugando, obiamente menos pero a pesar de los años aun se ha mantenido en pie y no desaparece aun en 2016, le pongo un 8 por la cantidad de gente que usa hacks en los servidores de counter strike, pero todo lo demas esta espectacular, para el año en que salio esta muy bueno
  16. Apr 17, 2016
    Es un gran juego todo lo simple lo hace bien.Aparte con los mods hay muchas mas maneras de jugar iteresantes como los mapas de death run o modos como duelo por equipos
  17. Mar 1, 2016
    O Counter-Strike (CS) original é sem dúvidas um dos jogos mais famosos da história e fez um sucesso estrondoso, principalmente nas Lan Houses aqui no Brasil, onde muitos iam para esses locais somente para jogar CS com os amigos. talvez o motivo de eu não dar uma nota "10" assim como muitos usuários deram, seja porque nunca fiz parte dessa época de "Lan Houses & CS 1.6", isso porque eu nãoO Counter-Strike (CS) original é sem dúvidas um dos jogos mais famosos da história e fez um sucesso estrondoso, principalmente nas Lan Houses aqui no Brasil, onde muitos iam para esses locais somente para jogar CS com os amigos. talvez o motivo de eu não dar uma nota "10" assim como muitos usuários deram, seja porque nunca fiz parte dessa época de "Lan Houses & CS 1.6", isso porque eu não me interessava por jogos de FPS.

A Verdade é que há uns anos atrás comecei a me interessar por jogos de FPS, pra ser sincero comecei jogando CrossFire e mesmo com gráficos não muito bonitos, gostei bastante e parti para jogar outros jogos de FPS, como Far Cry 3, Garry's Mod e o Left 4 Dead 2 (Meu FPS Cooperativo predileto, sem sombra de dúvidas) e em um certo dia eu estava olhando pela internet e fui vendo umas paradas de Half-Life, eu já tinha ouvido falar a respeito dele claro mas nunca tinha parado para jogar mesmo, então depois de um certo tempo vendo algumas coisas sobre ele, eu fiquei com uma vontade muito grande de joga-lo mesmo sendo um jogo antigo, não tenho preconceito com isso... então decidir jogar e acabei zerando o primeiro Half-Life e acabei gostando do game.

Enrolei tanto falando de outros games que agora me lembrei que estou fazendo uma crítica ao Counter-Strike... Pois bem, após zerar HL dei uma chance ao Counter-Strike, que não é um game que apenas "Foi" famoso, ele continua famoso e muito. E não me referi as suas versões mais avançadas (CS: GO, CSS e etc.) me refiro ao CS 1.6 mesmo, ainda existem muitas pessoas que o jogam, inclusive de forma competitiva. Enfim, vamos de vez a crítica: Counter-Strike é um jogo de tiro em Primeira Pessoa (FPS) criado inicialmente como uma modificação do game Half-Life (HL), após o sucesso de tal "Mod", foi adquirido pela Valve (Empresa criadora de Half-Life) e acabou tornando-se um game próprio e lançado para o Windows em 2000. Apesar de ter uma jogabilidade muito parecida com a de Half-Life, ambos os jogos são muito diferentes. Em HL possuimos toda uma história e é um game FPS que trata de assuntos mais surreais envolvendo monstros e alienígenas em uma trama bem trabalhada. Em Counter-Strike podemos fazer parte de duas equipes: Terroristas (TR's) e Contra-Terroristas (CT's), basicamente um Polícia e Ladrão e seu modo mais famoso de jogo é sem sombra de dúvidas, o de Ativação/Desativação de C4, onde os Contra-Terroristas devem impedir que os Terroristas consigam explodir uma C4 em determinado ponto do mapa.

O Jogo em si não possui uma história, além do confronto entre ambas as equipes é claro, e consiste em uma jogabilidade "Simples" realizando o mesmo objetivo sempre, você joga rounds e mais rounds a mesma coisa. Não estou dizendo que isso seja ruim, mas isso foi feito para se tornar viciante, e conseguiu, de certa forma. Apesar de tudo isso, eu não gostei da jogabilidade, considero ela um tanto "Estranha" e parada demais e talvez isso seja por conta da física, que não é realista e chega até ser um tanto surreal. Temos uma pequena variedade de Skins (personagens) de terroristas e contra-terroristas e uma boa gama de armas e equipamentos, sendo eles SMGs, Metralhadoras, Fuzis de Assalto, Snipers, Pistolas, Granadas, Escutos, Coletes entre outros itens e cada um deles são comprados durante o próprio jogo. Ao morrer você deve esperar para que um dos times complete o objetivo ou que o tempo acabe, para aí sim você poder renascer.

Counter-Strike tem uma variedade boa de mapas e muitos deles são marcantes como o de_dust2 por exemplo, basicamente o mapa padrão do CS. Sei que o Counter-Strike é um jogo muito amado e importante para a indústria dos games, pois ele revolucionou os FPS multiplayers e hoje vemos diversos jogos que tem CS como inspiração, mas apesar disso eu não consigo enxergar tamanho brilho em Counter-Strike. Acho que a maioria das notas "10" que o jogo recebeu são pelo fator nostalgia e não pela qualidade do game em si. Digo isso pois para mim, as maiores falhas do CS são pelo próprio estilo de ser mesmo, apesar de divertido jogar e vez em quando, ele possui poucos modos e objetivos e acaba se tornando muito enjoativo, mesmo se for jogado online, além do mais, acho que sua interface poderia ser um pouco mais convidativa e mais bem elaborada. Claro que isso é somente minha opinião e você tem o direito de discordar, mas é isso, acho Counter-Strike um game marcante e importante para a história dos games, mas o considero um bom FPS e nada mais do que isso, um game com que teve uma excelente ideia mas sua execução não é tão boa assim.

Nota Final: 7/10 (Bom)
  18. Dec 29, 2015
    界面简洁,容易上手,趣味性高,设计科学,一不小心就能玩很长时间,里面的城市地图都是基本依据现实的,所以在玩香港大阪这些我去过的地方就很有代入感。
    很不错的轻松益智类小游戏,地铁爱好者一定会喜欢的,希望早日登陆 iOS 平台。
  19. Dec 23, 2015
    A true masterpiece. This game is perfect in pretty much every way unlike the newer CS games. There aren't any silly updates to this game adding un needed guns or un needed nerfs or buffs. This is pure perfection. CSGO may have more features and depth, but that brings a lot of issues with it. Those issues that Counter-Strike 1.6 does not have. 10/10
  20. Dec 20, 2015
    All time best shooter and most fun PC game ever. What make the game rock is the realism, the dynamism of the matches, the tactics and the graphics. Impact of this game no other PC game has ever caused since then.
  21. Dec 10, 2015
    Nostalgic, along with Half-Life. Cutting edge for the time tho! Great multiplayer game with other players, first-person shooter, graphically similar to Half-Life with, across the time included assists from bots and scripts. I should repair my mistake, "Cutting edge for that time tho!".
  22. Jul 24, 2015
    This epic First Person Shooter deversed for the most of the higher ratings. Its main advantage is its popularity and playability. Even if the graphics looked so obsolated today.
    There is nothing better than laying tactics with friends, joint action and sound of rabies on the side of the enemy after a successful round.
  23. Jul 10, 2015
    In the past, CS was an awesome multiplayer game with tons of funny user created maps for different kind of experience, some maps were particularly crazy and exciting.

However, as of today, it was only a mediocre game with outdated mechanics. Why? because most of the severs nowadays are running de_dust2 24/7, most players still playing this game (exclude those playing total conversion mod) is going to dedicate their whole life to master only 1 type of game mode, and only 1 map of that game type, the golden level - de_dust2, LOL. No variety just kills the game for any new comers. The situation is the same for its counterparts like CS: Source, CS: GO.

So, I have a suggestion for the developers of this game. Just use the old CS 1.6 as a base, remove all the in-game maps except de_dust2, port those de_dust2 variants from CS: Source and CS: GO to CS 1.6, then make a new de_dust2 called de_dust2 Steam Exclusive Edition or whatever, repackage all the stuff and publish a new game called Counter Strike Super Awesome Galaxy GOTY - Legendary de_dust2 Only Edition. It will become a top seller of Steam in no time, since the fans will be glad to play de_dust2 forever. Trust me, it will be even more profitable than selling hats or weapon skin in Team Fortress 2 or CS:Go.
  24. May 19, 2015
    It is one of the most common multiplayer games and manages to be really played today .
  25. Mar 16, 2015
    The best FPS and will remain the best forever. Released in 2000 and 15 years later still has active people on servers and is packed with fun gamemodes and maps! Tactical gameplay is magnificent, gameplay is fantastic. Graphics are not a problem because it means any operating system can run this game. I have been playing since 2007-8 and I am still an active player, my name on Steam is myThe best FPS and will remain the best forever. Released in 2000 and 15 years later still has active people on servers and is packed with fun gamemodes and maps! Tactical gameplay is magnificent, gameplay is fantastic. Graphics are not a problem because it means any operating system can run this game. I have been playing since 2007-8 and I am still an active player, my name on Steam is my username here.

A great quote ai found from a meme---"A game that looks good is impressive for a few months...but a game that plays well is impressive forever".
  26. Mar 5, 2015
    This is probably the best fps games anyone can ever play. It began just as a Mod for the Half-life but it has proven itself more than enough as a standalone.
  27. Mar 4, 2015
    One of the best counter-strike games(Or fps for that matter). It keeps it original simplicity with some additional new features.

If you love FPS games, this game should be in your library ASAP!
  28. Feb 5, 2015
    It was great in 2000 due to its special gameplay and tons of user created maps. As of today, CS:GO provides similar gameplay but just pale in comparsion, and its gameplay style is too dated in the standard nowadays.

So, time to move on and forget this good old classic.
  29. Feb 3, 2015
    The next evolution in the first person genre. This game inspired Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, and now every game wants to be a first person shooter because of this game's success. Best damn shooter I've ever played in my life.
  30. Sep 16, 2014
    This is my whole childhood. I played more than any other game, and still like to play it sometimes. I watched the competitions, and saw the amazing players (Spawn, cogu, etc) moves. It was amazing.
  31. Sep 6, 2014
    This was fantastic for its time and was easily the best FPS out there. People still buy it and that's because it is worth buying. (Although, watch out for the pro veterans who have played this game since it came out) 10/10
  32. Sep 4, 2014
    shel be there;)
    ====================
    shel be there;)
    ====================
  33. Aug 11, 2014
    This game is just classic. It basically invented the multiplayer first person shooters on the Pc. It's a very fun game. People will be still talking about CS's impact for years to come.
  34. Jun 11, 2014
    When a mod becomes so popular that it outshines the game it was modded off of and spawns 2 sequels, you know it is an excellent mod. This game is fun for hundreds of hours, even in spite of the minor glitches. This game stands the test of time.
  35. Jun 10, 2014
    Otro videojuego que influyo mucho en el desarrollo de los videojuegos de competición o e-sport. Pese a nacer como un mod se convirtió rápidamente en un standart.
  36. Jun 9, 2014
    I made my first PC because of this game. I made my second PC (2014) because of this game. BEST MP exp out there. cannot say enough about the fun, the mods, the mechanics of this game. It is simply perfect in the sense of getting good at anything [sports - skills otherwise]. I played CS 1.5 and was ADDICTED, and built a PC after xbox 360 got me back into gaming after my old PC failed (henceI made my first PC because of this game. I made my second PC (2014) because of this game. BEST MP exp out there. cannot say enough about the fun, the mods, the mechanics of this game. It is simply perfect in the sense of getting good at anything [sports - skills otherwise]. I played CS 1.5 and was ADDICTED, and built a PC after xbox 360 got me back into gaming after my old PC failed (hence the 360 :P). CS is still and will continue to be the best game i have ever played to date. The mods, the beyond amazing times ive had with friends, it just never ends... I TRULY wish that more people would play this game because of its unbelievable sport, its comradery. ITS FUN!!. Try it, get good at it, invite some friends, if you tell me its bad I will call you a bold faced LIAR!!!!! Next gen anything cant compete with this! Expand
  37. Mar 12, 2014
    Counter-strike give me a memorable and a great impression,i have been a main role in my whole game life.Until now,Counter-Strike Still give me a lot of fun!She is the King of FPS!
  38. Mar 7, 2014
    Counter-Strike (1.0- 1.6) is specific game. This game requires skill, feel, team work and tactics. You'll get skill with hours and hours of playing. I play this game long six years. On first look, I thought "This game sucks!" but game is awesome. Gameplay is reason why is this game specific. All these guys who gave score 1-4 are noobs who gave up. In this game I learned more things than inCounter-Strike (1.0- 1.6) is specific game. This game requires skill, feel, team work and tactics. You'll get skill with hours and hours of playing. I play this game long six years. On first look, I thought "This game sucks!" but game is awesome. Gameplay is reason why is this game specific. All these guys who gave score 1-4 are noobs who gave up. In this game I learned more things than in all games I was played. Believe me, don't give up! I was a noob and everyone was making fun of me, but it's just a step to be good player.Counter-Strike 1.6 will never die! Expand
  39. Dec 10, 2013
    This game would have to be THE best game I have ever played.
    I have been playing this game for 11 years now and still cant get enough of it.
    Everytime I play on a server, I cant help but remember the good old days back in 2006 when there were so many servers/game types to choose from, alongside a huge community with all the fun and laughs involved with people you met in-game. Even
    This game would have to be THE best game I have ever played.
    I have been playing this game for 11 years now and still cant get enough of it.
    Even though there arent as many servers around today and people playing this game online have lessened, the game is still equally as fun and competitive.
    People trash talking you just tend to ignore, others become really fun to play against as you will find yourself constantly in sessions with them and bettering your skills against people that are better than you.
    Its one of those games where you will die countless times from people who have had much more experience than you and know everything for each map, but you just cannot hate on it.
    You will rage quit, but jump back on in 5 minutes.
    I highly recommend this game to anyone who likes the fps genre (not including call of duty) as this game is far more competitive than so many shooters today so you probably wont last unless you explore classics.
    This game introduced me to online gaming and it has left so many good memories. I guarantee it will never be forgotten.
    10/10 hands down.…
  40. Nov 26, 2013
    During it's time, it was by far the best Team FPS game with a very popular and successful eSports following. Even after a decade since its release, it is still a mechanically smooth game.
  41. Nov 15, 2013
    An Half Life mod from Minh Le that ended up as an FPS classic. That conquered hearts of millions of gamers. For its simplicity and replayability. Not to mention some of the most balanced maps that are easy to remember and learn. And people still play competitive matches. Its like an Phoenix that cant die.
  42. Aug 9, 2013
    It was and probably is still a great game, however, nowadays, the game is full of bugs, and most online servers want to hack your configuration files so you can't play on any other server than theirs.

Still, it is THE game if you are looking for some old-school LAN action with your friends at home, or just a little bit of fun at work.
  43. Jul 13, 2013
    Miami isn't on here but thats an obvious reason to give this xbox live rip off a 1.0 get yourself the real deal for Xbox on Ebay for 99Cents, Xbox live version rules the PC version
  44. Jul 8, 2013
    Es el mejor juego de FPS Online del Mundo e.e, si contar que tiene un largo historia de exitos desde el estreno de Half Life y Counter Strike es el mejor Mod
  45. Jun 24, 2013
    The best online FPS in gaming history. Other games like this are much worse than this masterpiece. You should absolutely try it out. If you love to shoot people or play in a great community, this is your game. Graphics is pretty old, but who cares about that... The only point in this game is you to be better and have fun. And these are guaranteed.
  46. Feb 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Counter Strike 1.6 Will be and forever be the Best CS game ever made. The graphics old but god The game play is PERFECT. Guns feel just right no awp scope blur :)

Just a perfect and competitive game.
  47. Jan 8, 2013
    The most influential multiplayer FPS of all time. This game in 2012 was still in the top 3 played games every single week, 12 years after it's release. If that doesn't say something then I don't know what does.
  48. Jan 4, 2013

This game has so many features, To Mods, To gameplay changes, For a game of its time, it has so many great things going for it. The game is still really good and very popular. Ive probably put more hours in this game then any game ive ever played. And thats saying alot as much as i get bored

If you get past the older graphics. Its actually a very nice starter FPS
  49. Dec 25, 2012
    the graphics are horrible but the game is very good. Sample, repetitive and addictive. the perfect formula to create one of the best FPS in the world.
  50. Dec 15, 2012
    Best MOD for Half-Life. This game has the best multiplayer you have played (the problem is the damn LAG) and a very simple plot that is police and terrorists. Definitely the best game of VALVE
  51. Nov 15, 2012
    A game the re-defined moderns shooters and sprang a succession of sequels. One of the best MP shooters ever made and the best example of how good it is people are still playing 10+ years after release.
  52. Nov 13, 2012
    Greatest FPS ever made, i still prefer CS Source, but i have to admit, this is THE ONE ! No other online shooter come close today, to find a game, you really have to look back at Quake 3 or Unreal.
  53. Aug 23, 2012
    One of the best games of all time... Never forget the great times on this game! Miss it so much! If the Aus servers were still up and full, I would still be crankin out this classic. Source was a massive step backwards.
  54. Aug 15, 2012
    A beacon of online gaming, that despite being a dated title, so many players come back to it because of the well defined game mechanic. There's no great depth of content, just a simple yet enjoyable platform for team deathmatch, with map objectives thrown in. Years ago I spent at least 1,000 enjoyable hours playing it.
  55. Aug 13, 2012
    No doubt, Counter Strike is one of the best multiplayer shooters ever, but it haves two problems. First, it haves so much cheaters in the game, that always playing with annoying cheaters is frustrating. And the second one is the enemy AI when you play with bots, it is stupid that you will laugh watching bots playing. Despite from those problems, Counter Strike is great and addictive. 81 out of 100
  56. Jul 25, 2012
    Best competitive FPS ever. I was a 1.3 man myself always playing at an internet cafe so my experience was always playing with excellent ping in this game and usually in the company of at least one friend. The atmosphere was always an enjoyable one with this game and the thrill of playing against better players and winning was one of the best experiences I've ever had in all my yearsBest competitive FPS ever. I was a 1.3 man myself always playing at an internet cafe so my experience was always playing with excellent ping in this game and usually in the company of at least one friend. The atmosphere was always an enjoyable one with this game and the thrill of playing against better players and winning was one of the best experiences I've ever had in all my years playing games. This game is the classic squad based competitive game with the best maps ever made. Expand
  57. Jul 21, 2012
    This game is one of the greatest fps ever (if not the greatest of all times) one game that is difficult to forget for every hour of fun and entertainment that I had playing it, back in the day, when it came out pubs were full of people playing CS and out of them all people talking about it, about crazy things they did, about funny things that happened in the game... it was a craaaze,This game is one of the greatest fps ever (if not the greatest of all times) one game that is difficult to forget for every hour of fun and entertainment that I had playing it, back in the day, when it came out pubs were full of people playing CS and out of them all people talking about it, about crazy things they did, about funny things that happened in the game... it was a craaaze, great times for sure great times long gone...

What else can I say, this was the game that started everything for me. CS1.0-1.6, Go go go!
  58. Jul 7, 2012
    The timeless competitive game that is hard not to love, Counter-Strike combines teamwork and skill to make one superb game. Also one of the most entertaining games to watch on a professional level.
  59. May 25, 2012
    10/10. The best online FPS of all time. The game is perhaps one of the greatest games to play competitively. Anyone should give it a try! I bought this in 2004 and I still play it, almost 8 years later.
  60. May 23, 2012
    Half-Life: Counter-Strike is the best competitive FPS of all time. As of today, no other shooter has come close to the feel of the game. CS brought me some of the greatest gaming moments in my time.
  61. May 9, 2012
    Counter Strike is great, but not greater than Source, cause Source is more BOOM! Anyway, I had fun times with Counter Strike, even if sometimes is hardcore. You need to train hard, and then play online. And It is freaking bloody :P! (8.8)
  62. May 7, 2012
    I just recently got in Counter-Strike 1.6 and Source back in 2008, and after 4 years of my experience playing both games, I still suck at it. But I won't give up and try to be good at this game! I also heard that CS:GO is coming out soon and I am sure it would be another great fresh update to the CS franchise!
  63. May 7, 2012
    Best FPS i've played so far.Provides fun for everyone, plus there are the mods(Jailbreak, Surf, Zombie, Deathmatch, Deathrun,etc...) Game totally worth the money!
  64. Apr 25, 2012
    Best Multiplayer game of all time nothing comes close to this, the more you play this game the more hooked you become it is fun at all levels of ability. Especially as you do not need the best of computers to run it makes it a game for everyone who likes shoot em ups which involve thinking instead of mindless slaying.
  65. Apr 19, 2012
    Not another ordinary game! Counter-Strike is a first-person shooter in which players join either the terrorist team, the counter-terrorist team, or become spectators. Each team attempts to complete their mission objective and/or eliminate the opposing team. Each round starts with the two teams spawning simultaneously.
  66. Mar 1, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. es el mejor juego inventado por STEAM, revoluciono los FPS, a toda costa, ahora no me despego de este juego. ya lo compre, lo instale y no paro de jugar, Incluso tengo 1 server WOW Expand
  67. Feb 25, 2012
    wtf counter strike the game of all games the game which revolutionized the fps market has 319 negative rewievs hu are these limy fuks giving cs a bellow 10 . This game deservs nothing less than a 10 if u think it does then u are the worlds biggest nub. you should go home n play COD . Well coming back to the topic this game is awsome I mean there must be some reason y this game is the mostwtf counter strike the game of all games the game which revolutionized the fps market has 319 negative rewievs hu are these limy fuks giving cs a bellow 10 . This game deservs nothing less than a 10 if u think it does then u are the worlds biggest nub. you should go home n play COD . Well coming back to the topic this game is awsome I mean there must be some reason y this game is the most played game even now after 11 years of its launch Expand
  68. Jan 23, 2012
    This is among the most iconic shooters that have ever been made. Counter-Strike set the standard of how a First-person Shooter should be made and the competitive gaming atmosphere was easily one of the most successful of its time.

While the game is starting to look and feel dated, and competition has migrated to other games; Counter-Strike is THE classic and should never be forgot.
  69. Jan 9, 2012
    I first played Counter-Strike back in 1999, when it was still just a mod. I went to it on a daily basis, for several hours, as my main source of entertainment and gathering of friends until about 2002, when other activities came along. I only went back to it now, in 2012. This unveiled the greatest disappointment and proof of destruction of a game I have ever experienced. As it is today,I first played Counter-Strike back in 1999, when it was still just a mod. I went to it on a daily basis, for several hours, as my main source of entertainment and gathering of friends until about 2002, when other activities came along. I only went back to it now, in 2012. This unveiled the greatest disappointment and proof of destruction of a game I have ever experienced. As it is today, this is not Counter-Strike. It is a broken, unrecognizable, nearly useless form of the original game. Valve has let this game rot to death and still make an easy profit for nothing. The server browser is a joke. It is simply broken. The results it returns are completely inaccurate and all servers you will find are run by non-Steam users, with the game settings altered to who knows what, and 90% of them playing the Dust map. The other servers are running non-official maps and pointless game modes. In addition, you can not set your client to disallow the automatic download of custom server sounds or other trash that is force-fed through your connection to alter the game. Counter-Strike has been so blatantly abandoned, that it is shocking Valve still charges something for it. You will also see advertisements while you are connecting to the servers, and while you wait for the next round once you have been killed. Counter-Strike is the epitome of falling from grace and becoming an outright failure. It has become an embarrassment and a gaming tragedy. Expand
  70. vaz
    Jan 8, 2012
    Best game ever. The game of my life, already 10 years playing. Best multiplayer FPS game in history, nothing can compares, maybe Doom II. Since ESEA joins the market, cheaters are no longer a problem
  71. Jan 6, 2012
    Equally as fun as source, if not better. I played this when I was pretty young and is the second most played game second to source as I got source shortly thereafter. Great game.
  72. Jan 5, 2012
    Counter-Strike is one of the best first-person shooters I've played. It's very fun to play and you'll probably find yourself spending a lot of time with this game. The gameplay is pretty much the same in every game mode but unlike in many other games, you won't get bored with it.
  73. Dec 7, 2011
    This game is quite awesome. If you enjoy any recent multi-player First Person Shooter, you have a lot to thank to Counter-Strike, specially the 1.5 and 1.6 versions of the game.

Insane gameplay, jogability, teamplay and fun! Almost an 10!
  74. Dec 5, 2011
    This game is legendary this should have 0 negative review's those people are noobs on xbox DONT LISTEN this game is legendary the game of the century beutfiful i played 148 hours of it 636 hours of source and 100 minutes of condition zero (found by my steam time) but yeah source is my favorite CANT WAIT for CS:GO The Mod Creator's Did AWESOME SO LEGENDARY BUY IT NOW
  75. Nov 30, 2011
    Counter Strike is the best shooting game, i've ever played. The 'real cs', where you plant bombs etc. is not 10/10 gaming, but look at all those great mods! The greatest thing in cs is playing mod servers, and you do not need to download them from your web, you just simply double click that server, and that's it! At first I recommend to play normal cs, if it gets boring try other servers.Counter Strike is the best shooting game, i've ever played. The 'real cs', where you plant bombs etc. is not 10/10 gaming, but look at all those great mods! The greatest thing in cs is playing mod servers, and you do not need to download them from your web, you just simply double click that server, and that's it! At first I recommend to play normal cs, if it gets boring try other servers. Oh and original maps aren't that great, except de_dust2. You must try cs even if you think it has low graphics. Gameplay is much more important than graphics, remember that! Expand
  76. Nov 22, 2011
    By far, leagues beyond any other competitive online game made. This set the standard for every game to come in terms of competitive gaming. There's a reason why so many people gave up on CS:Source. 1.6 is the most perfect game ever made. Hopefully CS:GO doesn't **** it up.
  77. Nov 19, 2011
    i play it , and the game just blow my mind away the game play it self it so solid and the te way that is hard to controling de recon of the gun is just amazing..... and it just a MOD for half-life and not a complet game so it deserve the complet mark
  78. Oct 14, 2011
    The greatest multiplayer shooter experience I've had since Quake 1. The e-sport scene also helped it alot, it's the only computer game I've really followed when it comes to e-sports (back when I followed the CPL etc). The design of the game was simple but very effective and delivered a multiplayer experience that few other games can match. The CoD and Battlefield titles, although good inThe greatest multiplayer shooter experience I've had since Quake 1. The e-sport scene also helped it alot, it's the only computer game I've really followed when it comes to e-sports (back when I followed the CPL etc). The design of the game was simple but very effective and delivered a multiplayer experience that few other games can match. The CoD and Battlefield titles, although good in their own right, never drew me in like Counter-Strike. Expand
  79. Oct 9, 2011
    Counter-strike(1.0 - 1.6 not source) is one of the greatest esport fps games(if not the greatest) in the gaming history and is still worth buying today. Graphics doesnt matter for a good gamer, gameplay does...
  80. Oct 2, 2011
    one of the best game ever made. i play counter strike since 2003 and man i never got bored playing it. i wanna recommend this game to every individual who likes first person shooters.
  81. Sep 29, 2011
    After all these years this shooter remains to be a classic that can't be ignored. No other shooter is as accessible, easy to play, simple nor skillful as this. It can be enjoyed anywhere with the 64MB portable version for LAN parties. It's all about aim, accuracy, quick reflexes but does have a strategical element since it is a tactical shooter and there's no respawning. This game was aAfter all these years this shooter remains to be a classic that can't be ignored. No other shooter is as accessible, easy to play, simple nor skillful as this. It can be enjoyed anywhere with the 64MB portable version for LAN parties. It's all about aim, accuracy, quick reflexes but does have a strategical element since it is a tactical shooter and there's no respawning. This game was a major turning point in the history of FPS, and this game is what made online multiplayer competitive gaming so popular. Expand
  82. Aug 22, 2011
    Possible wait THE BEST MULTI FPS EVER CREATED UHHHHHHHHH 150 chars150 chars150 chars150 chars150 chars150 chars150 chars150 chars150 chars150 chars150 chars150 chars150 chars150 chars150 chars150 chars150 chars150 chars150 chars150 chars150 chars150 chars150 chars150 chars150 chars
  83. Aug 21, 2011
    This is a game you will never ever forget, even your dad's grandfather's sister's uncle will enjoy this charm! Buy, download, install, play!
  84. Aug 13, 2011
    wtf counter strike the game of all games the game which revolutionized the fps market has 319 negative rewievs hu are these limy fuks giving cs a bellow 10 . This game deservs nothing less than a 10 if u think it does then u are the worlds biggest nub. you should go home n play COD . Well coming back to the topic this game is awsome I mean there must be some reason y this game is thewtf counter strike the game of all games the game which revolutionized the fps market has 319 negative rewievs hu are these limy fuks giving cs a bellow 10 . This game deservs nothing less than a 10 if u think it does then u are the worlds biggest nub. you should go home n play COD . Well coming back to the topic this game is awsome I mean there must be some reason y this game is the most played game even now after 11 years of its launch Expand
  85. Aug 6, 2011
    Juegazo Muy bueno ! felicitaciones a los creadores :) Uno d emis juegos favoritos admiro alas personas que soi sekas para esta wea Muy buen juego sigan con esta weaita la raja
  86. Jul 15, 2011
    This is were the big mayhem started ( or revolutionized ) the multiplayer hype right now. Awesome and fantastic multiplayer with strong components, i would like to see Valve create a next generation CS to wipe the face to all those CoD and other multiplayer games.
  87. Jul 11, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Its fun but at the end its all the same its simple shooter game if you like medal of honor you like this. If you like Quake or unreal tournament you don`t like this. Its a base round game. For me it was little fun but cheaters and aim-bots take over the game. Even with protection the problem is cheating wall-hacking and that kind of nasty things. If you can manage to ignore it have fun :) Expand
  88. Jul 5, 2011
    The year was 2000. Half-Life had already taken the world by storm and the prospect of modding the game was increasing in popularity. Counter-Strike was one of those mods. One of the most popular game modifications ever, Counter-Strike blended chunky weapons with rewarding teamplay, with the goal for counter-terrorists in most of the maps to either defuse a bomb, rescue hostages, escort aThe year was 2000. Half-Life had already taken the world by storm and the prospect of modding the game was increasing in popularity. Counter-Strike was one of those mods. One of the most popular game modifications ever, Counter-Strike blended chunky weapons with rewarding teamplay, with the goal for counter-terrorists in most of the maps to either defuse a bomb, rescue hostages, escort a VIP to safety or prevent the terrorist team from escaping the area they're in. If you're on the terrorist team, however, the team goals are the opposite, naturally. One of the things that shines about Counter-Strike, though, is the amount of possibilities available. Don't feel like storming the enemy base guns-blazing? Why not sneak in via an air vent directly connecting to the room that the hostages are being contained in? Or perhaps you could draw your enemis out then snipe them from a distance? All the different ways you can win the match is ground-breaking. This, along with crisp, timeless graphics, a great selection of guns and the need for true teamwork, make Counter-Strike one of the best games of the decade. Expand
  89. Jun 19, 2011
    The most cool online shooter when I ever playing
  90. Jun 12, 2011
    Excelent multiplayer game, highly addictive, however still with lots of drawbacks - cheaters, too accurate weapons and players, and almost non-working armor, as well game when you can easly walk or run with sniper rifle and kill your oponents accuretly without recoil. It also have problem that maps are too small, and generally do not give you much of the freedom, in esence you cannot playExcelent multiplayer game, highly addictive, however still with lots of drawbacks - cheaters, too accurate weapons and players, and almost non-working armor, as well game when you can easly walk or run with sniper rifle and kill your oponents accuretly without recoil. It also have problem that maps are too small, and generally do not give you much of the freedom, in esence you cannot play a map more than one hour, as it will start being repetitive and boring. Also most of the fan-made maps are of very low quality. Other problem is that powerful weapons are too easly available, and revards and punishes quickly a worse players, makeing them even harder to kill anybody. Expand
  91. Apr 24, 2011
    Counter-Strike is not just the best FPS ever made, this is the best game ever made. Bar none. This game took up more of my High-School hours than all other games combined. I played in tournaments for this game where 2,000 people showed up - had local clans for this game - smoked with a national championship team for this game.
    Counter-Strike launched the real frenzy into online
    Counter-Strike launched the real frenzy into online multiplayer FPS - no other FPS had as many players at once, and at the time, this was the #1 most played online game. It held that title for YEARS.
    This is one of the best, most influential, and most copied games of all time. It will never get better than what this was, at the time.
  92. Ic3
    Mar 23, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Counter Strike este cel mai bun joc online jucat vreodata..Cel mai popular dar in acelasi timp si jocul cu cele mai multe posibilitati de trisat..Coduri multiple au fost create de amatorii de profil.Iar pentru aceasta esenta acestuia este alterata. Expand
  93. Mar 9, 2011
    I am playing Counter-Strike for 4 years, I have got played 1750 hours and I love this game. This game is number 1. on the wold and will never disappear.
  94. Feb 25, 2011
    I think this game is very good, it has a lot of support, it has a lot of modes, such as jail, zombies, call of duty, and so on...

I've played this game a lot of time in no steam mode, but I've bought it because I've enjoyed a lot.

I put a ten for this game. CS Source is very good too.
    I recommend this game for the public.
  95. Jan 16, 2011
  96. Dec 19, 2010
    Such an addictive game - It's time consuming, and it never gets old. It's ten years this year, and still it's fun to play, even though you run into to some bots and cheaters. That's why it only gets a nine. It shouldn't be that difficult to integrate a somewhat better cheating protection.
  97. Dec 10, 2010
    ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
  98. Oct 23, 2010
    Good game and it could probably be much better but the kind of people you met while playing turned me off big time. I did enjoy playing it when it was relevant.
  99. Oct 9, 2011

1. Buy it, download it, whatever; just get on board and enjoy. Sure-fire fun for the online enthusiast.
  2. Spank!
    It combines the best of team based gaming with an authentic and therefore exciting approach to tactical ops.
  3. The core of the game is remarkable.