9.0

1. Jan 18, 2018
    Мой любимый тип уровней, где приходится искать выход из своеобразного лабиринта. Классный дизайн оружия, интересная история, крутые уровни. Отличная игра.
  2. Dec 26, 2017
    Great game by Valve Software, innovation of 1998 and, this good and now. Story about Gordon Freeman. 20+ years old. New-Mexico. Black Mesa.
  3. Dec 9, 2017
    One of the best games ever made. No cutscenes, so you see everything from the eyes of Gordon Freeman, the protagonist. There are almost no invisible walls, but no open world, although the game doesn't feel like it's leading you somewhere when you play the first time. You always feel like you made the right decision to go here or there. Even with few annoying details, such as marines doingOne of the best games ever made. No cutscenes, so you see everything from the eyes of Gordon Freeman, the protagonist. There are almost no invisible walls, but no open world, although the game doesn't feel like it's leading you somewhere when you play the first time. You always feel like you made the right decision to go here or there. Even with few annoying details, such as marines doing 20 dmg with shotgun sometimes on hard or the 5 minute beginning of the game. Expand
  4. Dec 7, 2017
    One of the best shooters ever made. I am not a fan of shooters but this game is not just a shooter, it's a masterpiece. For such an old game the graphics are great and the phisics are spectacular. It truly deserves it's place in history.
  5. Nov 22, 2017
    What a classic. The game that changed gaming forever. Still nothing has lived up to its glory. I wounder why? It should be easy to make videogames but i guess its harder then it looks.
  6. Nov 20, 2017
    Para aclarar, yo juegue una versión "Pirata" que estaba en español... por lo que se el audio de Steam anda perfecto así que yo solo voy a decir mis experiencias con la versión trucada jaja.

El jugo me parece que esta muy bien, su dificultad esta muy bien, si sabes como jugarlo se te hace fácil en algunas zonas, los graficos para la fecha en que salio están muy bien y la verdad que es un excelente juego para pasar el rato en tu tiempo libre o simplemente para pasarla bien.
  7. Sep 13, 2017
    Farewell, Mister Freeman. Farewell.
    Since Half-Life 3 isn't happening, I thought I would give my opinion about this game.
    To put it simply, This game is a Masta-piece of video games.
    One of the best games ever, great story, weapons are well balanced, puzzles are challenging but fun.
  8. Aug 31, 2017
    "Time to choose, Mr. Freeman."

I've played this so many times since I was a child, I can perfectly remember every single level, knowing what comes next each time a turn a corner, every single line in the dialogues, every G-Man sighting and I still enjoy it like it's my first time. No other game has been entrenched in my memory like this one.

An essential title for gaming.
  9. Aug 19, 2017
    The ancestor of the genre of shooters in the form in which we see it in our days. Breakthrough then, and the immortal classic today, if you did not play half-life, then you did not play video games at all.
  10. Aug 12, 2017
    They're waiting for your Gordon. In the TEST chamberrrr...

They're waiting for your Gordon. In the TEST chamberrrr...

It's Half-Life. An important piece of gaming history that revolutionized a genre. You owe it to yourself to play it if you haven't already. It shows its age in some ways (apart from the obvious, like graphics and sound), mainly because it's been copied endlessly. But its still a blast, and it's still easy to see why it was so highly acclaimed in 1998.

It was Valve's first game though, and even though they struck gold with Half-Life, their inexperience at the time shows through on a couple of chapters. Notably "On A Rail", and of course, most of the Xen chapters. This isn't their magnum opus. No, that came in the form of the sequel to this game.
  11. Aug 7, 2017
    This game is simply perfect. From the story- in which a test lab failure at the fictional Blackmesa Research Facility blows up the facility, leaving the protagonist Gordon Freeman to escape. He must face many challenges, such as marines sent to clean out the place, and kill any survivors. The gameplay is executed extremely well, which likely explains why it has gotten Game of the Year 4This game is simply perfect. From the story- in which a test lab failure at the fictional Blackmesa Research Facility blows up the facility, leaving the protagonist Gordon Freeman to escape. He must face many challenges, such as marines sent to clean out the place, and kill any survivors. The gameplay is executed extremely well, which likely explains why it has gotten Game of the Year 4 times (1998-2002). I don't know what else to say, as the community says it for me. Just an extra check for you; the fan base is very good, and holds up much better than say, the FNAF, Undertale, or Sonic the Hedgehog fandoms. It's a good game indeed, so good it got a patch 19 years after release from Valve. Expand
  12. Jul 26, 2017
    WAY better then HL2 in every way, better shooting, originality, level design and mechanics. My only complaint's the Xen exists but at the time it wasn't THAT bad.
  13. Jun 20, 2017
    This is great for anyone wanting a sci-fi game that is not overrated like Halo or Metroid, And come on, You have to admit the graphics were awesome for a 1998 game! This game is amazing, Enough said. 10/10.
  14. Jun 3, 2017
    Run, Think, Shoot, Live. Half-Life series is my best FPS EVER. Especially Half-Life 1? It never gets old. But if you want to play unofficial modernized Half-Life, Go play Black Mesa. Play Half-Life first, then play Black Mesa. And then, Go play Half-Life 2. EPIC saga begin!...But where is myyyyyy THREEEEEEEEEEE? 3333333?...Plz, VALVE.
  15. May 14, 2017
    Każdy z nas ma swoją grę życia, w moim wypadku jest nią właśnie Half-Life. Gdy zagrałem w nią pierwszy raz, zakochałem się. Sugestywny klimat zaszczucia i walki o przetrwanie, czułem że to ja walczę o wydostanie się z kompleksu Black Mesa. To dzięki Half-Life-owi pierwszy raz posmakowałem gry FPS i to dzięki niemu uwielbiam ten gatunek do dziś. Nie bez powodu gra nazywana jest "graKażdy z nas ma swoją grę życia, w moim wypadku jest nią właśnie Half-Life. Gdy zagrałem w nią pierwszy raz, zakochałem się. Sugestywny klimat zaszczucia i walki o przetrwanie, czułem że to ja walczę o wydostanie się z kompleksu Black Mesa. To dzięki Half-Life-owi pierwszy raz posmakowałem gry FPS i to dzięki niemu uwielbiam ten gatunek do dziś. Nie bez powodu gra nazywana jest "gra wszechczasów".

Polecam.
  16. Apr 27, 2017
    The game that defined the RPG genre. Great plot development, magnificent level design, immortal gameplay. Half-Life is the past, the present and the future of gaming.
  17. Apr 10, 2017
    Even though its graphics may not have aged to well, it is still one of the most important shooters of all time, and serves to remind us just how terrible games are becoming nowadays.
  18. Mar 21, 2017
    This is one of my all time favorite games,
    this game stays strong, I play and finish it at least once every 2 years,
    the classic one, its a great game, and to be fair even the graphics although very old, still hold up someone!
    its not that ugly that it hurts your eye is what i mean!
    best game every! give us HL3 valve!! plz!
  19. Mar 15, 2017
    An example of what a game should look like. Many developers have learned from this Half Life and apply their schemes today.
    Widely recommended, and with a guideline of ten.
  20. Feb 20, 2017
    The best game ever created this game made my childhood thanks to valve and without forgetting its expansions that were also good game 100% recommended
  21. Feb 13, 2017
    Ademas de ser un juego de culto que marco un antes y un despues en los videojuegos, Half Life es un videjuego con una historia atrapante y que al dia de hoy se sigue jugando muchisimo.
    Graficos: 8/10 (Basados en los de la epoca)
    Jugabilidad/Mecanicas: 9/10
    Dificultad: 10/10
    Banda sonora/Sonidos 10/10
    IA: 8/10

Calificacion final: 9/10
    PD: Jugarlo si o si: Juego de culto.
  22. Dec 29, 2016
    Played this game when I was about 5 years old. Took me a while to beat it. I couldn't figure it out without looking up the answers towards the final levels. I'm a little slow. Great game though. The engine gave me many hours of fun through free mods, the Gearbox concurrent releases (which aren't canon) and multiplayer in the former and latter.
  23. Oct 19, 2016
    I have played it again in December 2015 for two reasons: test my brand new Steam controller with a game created for mouse and keyboard, and see how it runs on Linux. Both things were extremely pleasant. And maybe surprisingly, the game didn't get as old as I would have supposed.
    Yes, the graphics is definitely vintage, but the gameplay is not: I'm not sure if there is some lack of ideas to evolve the genre, or it's just that Valve created such masterpiece that's hard to get anything better.

Anyway, it should get played by any PC gamer, at least as part of your gaming cultural experience.
  24. Oct 18, 2016
    The second best game ever made (The first is being Half-Life 2.). A masterpiece. A revelationary for it's time. Old but gold. Do I need to say more???
  25. Oct 14, 2016
    There is nothing to say. Every time when new Valve title is published - it is a new word in game development. Every game contains unique game mechanic, graphic, interesting story. When I see that the new Vale game is published I know - the industry today increments its life cycle.
  26. Oct 11, 2016
    One of the best games, if not the best game I ever played, great AI for its time, takes you into a new world, the story is so deep that 4 games did not even get close into finishing it
    This game is what games should be, perfect in every way, almost 20 years and this game is still playable.
  27. Oct 1, 2016
    There is a 150 character minimum for reviews. If your review contains spoilers, please check the Spoiler box. Please do not use ALL CAPS. There is no linking or other HTML allowed. Your review may be edited for content.
  28. Aug 13, 2016
    This game is great,but not as great as it's made out to be.The first thing that I should get out of the way is that the visuals haven't aged very well but that shouldn't be that much of an issue.The presentation,besides the graphics,is also outstanding.It's a game that never switches to cutscenes and is constantly in first-person perspective allowing you to stay immersed at all times(IThis game is great,but not as great as it's made out to be.The first thing that I should get out of the way is that the visuals haven't aged very well but that shouldn't be that much of an issue.The presentation,besides the graphics,is also outstanding.It's a game that never switches to cutscenes and is constantly in first-person perspective allowing you to stay immersed at all times(I felt like I had to wash my hands after the sewer level.That speaks volumes.).The sound design is great,but the voice acting is pretty cheesy by today's standards.The shooting,on the other hand,has aged very well.It has a kind of an auto locking system which slows down your cross-hairs whenever you place them over an enemy,allowing you to shoot much more comfortably.That shooting system goes hand in hand with the game's great weapon variety.There is a weapon for every situation and it's always up to you to figure out which one it is.The levels are also very varied too;not at a single point did it feel repetitive.By the end of the game you'll be encountering mostly the same enemies,but the varied environments will make it feel completely different.As for the story,while not very complicated,it's still functional due to the game's narrative.The story's most standout feature is the use of the G-man.I don't want to spoil anything about him,just play the game and you'll see.There are two bad things I can say about this game:the controls feel kinda slippery,making the early platforming segments infuriating(though,the later ones are okay),and the final boss is not fun to fight at all.But still,the game is more than recommendable,and I guarantee you'll enjoy it Expand
  29. Aug 6, 2016
    The game that made the best gaming company in the world. This classic redefined a genre, and in fact an entire industry. Although its rather dated now, go ahead and give this game a play. Its an essential piece to the gaming world we know today. The Mario of first person shooters.
  30. Jul 25, 2016
    Un clásico, buena jugabilidad, super divertido, buena historia, buena atmósfera, increíble para la época que salio. El padre de muchos FPS de hoy en día... Un juego que todos deberían jugar.

1. It isn't everyday that you come across a game that totally revolutionizes an entire genre, but Half-Life has done just that.
  2. The storyline runs in perfect harmony with the action and acts as a conduit not a stopgap, or a padding device. Each gaming element compliments the next and the entire presentation is nothing short of, well…dare we say it…revolutionary.
  3. PC Gamer
    This is The Big One, and it's even better than we could've hoped. [Jan 1999, p.166]