Half-Life PC

9.1

1. Dec 1, 2011
    One of the best games ever made - great story plot, one of the best introduction cut scenes to ever be in a game, well balanced weapons, variety of weapons is just right. The graphics might look dated 10+ years later, but eye candy does not make a game great.
  2. mikeg
    Jul 13, 2009
    THIS game has Extraordinary Graphics,Very Beautiful Gameplay,Movie like Sequences, and Awesome Sound! I hope people who play this game will last a life time in there hearts because this game still ROCKs all others ever made for the PC Valve i love your Work! please keep kickin ass on the best game series you have made in the Years and in the years to come!
  3. Sep 16, 2010
    Gaming perfection, resulting in the quality of gaming we know today. Map design was genius for the time, when most games lacked puzzle elements, weapon design and a.i. was also top notch. Everything from the safe feeling the start had until the ending on xen was a joy ride with constant new equipment and weapons.
  4. MarkB.
    May 22, 2003
    PC Gamer said it best. This is the best game EVER. When will it loose? And to whom? It will loose on September 30, to Valve Software, when Half-Life 2 is released. And you can quote me on that.
  5. LukeM.
    Jun 2, 2006
    Best Game Ever!!!!
  6. Oct 9, 2010
    Half Life, even today, remains a masterpiece of epic proportions. The graphics may be dated, but you'll be ignoring them the moment you get thrown into the combat, which is executed perfectly. You'll face a variety of enemies, from gun-toting U.S. Soldiers to aliens like headcrabs and vortigaunts. Luckily, you get a number of great weapons as you play on, like the powerful revolver or theHalf Life, even today, remains a masterpiece of epic proportions. The graphics may be dated, but you'll be ignoring them the moment you get thrown into the combat, which is executed perfectly. You'll face a variety of enemies, from gun-toting U.S. Soldiers to aliens like headcrabs and vortigaunts. Luckily, you get a number of great weapons as you play on, like the powerful revolver or the smg with an attached grenade launcher. The ambiance is also amazing; you'll hear growls of hidden enemies as you pass through dimly-lit areas. A simply amazing experience that must be played Expand
  7. PeterM.
    Jul 20, 2006
    Half Life is one of the best Shooter ever!
  8. AntonA.
    Jul 22, 2006
    I love this game!
  9. FedorH.
    May 15, 2007
  10. MeNotYou
    Jul 13, 2009
    I can't see why anyone is slating this game for anything. It's probably one of the best games I've ever played despite it coming out so long ago. The graphics were amazing for it's time, and are great for anyone with a very bad computer. The multiplayer, while filled with bot players and very few actual ones, is quite enjoyable when you find a game with actual people. I can't see why anyone is slating this game for anything. It's probably one of the best games I've ever played despite it coming out so long ago. The graphics were amazing for it's time, and are great for anyone with a very bad computer. The multiplayer, while filled with bot players and very few actual ones, is quite enjoyable when you find a game with actual people. The levels were fun, getting progressively harder and more exciting. Puzzles were great. I love it, and I can't see how anyone would hate it and if they do they should sit down and eat shit waffles. Expand
  11. KinN.
    Jan 13, 2007
    Half-Life is a great game. It keeps you into the FPS mindset with lots of action and ties in realistic puzzles that keep you sharp and on your toes.
  12. Jan 5, 2012
    This is probably one of the best FPS experience I've had. The game has a great story and atmosphere and is very fun to play. Graphics were outstanding when it got released. They're not the greatest right now, but you can install an HD pack to improve them. The game is a must buy for those who want to know what FPS really means.
  13. FedorH.
    Jul 1, 2006
  14. MichaelB.
    Aug 7, 2006
    Awesome Game.
  15. DanK.
    May 30, 2007
    This is an amazingly awsome game. I beat it for my PS2, and again for the PC. I had endless hours of fun.
  16. FedorH.
    May 30, 2007
  17. LiamH.
    Jun 4, 2008
    The best game I've ever played. The graphics are a bit dated, but its still the best!!
  18. m4a1sterDavery
    Aug 25, 2006
    What can i say the best game ever made, a million times better than half-life 2 which just cant stand up to this stunning game, also the cs mod that came out a year or 2 after half-lifes realease, was the best multiplayer game ever.
  19. YuriS.
    Jun 14, 2007
    One of the best games ever. Great story, great gameplay. And always good, doesn't matter which version you're playing.
  20. TychoT.
    Jun 30, 2007
    You can tell a masterful game when people are still talking about it nearly 10 years after its release.
  21. MarkusT.
    Jul 6, 2007
    Old and simple.
  22. RobbyD.
    Jun 24, 2008
    Was a really good game i enjoyed it a lot.
  23. KaiS.
    Jul 23, 2008
    It is the best game I've ever played.
  24. EganA
    Oct 1, 2009
    One of the greatest games of all time. This game may have pretty average graphics for the time, but the enemies are great, the story was great, and some of the easter eggs and glitches are really funny. It was a delight to play and, most importantly, it was made my the smartest game company in the world, Valve. Even though in my opinion it is far worse than Half-life 2, it is still one of One of the greatest games of all time. This game may have pretty average graphics for the time, but the enemies are great, the story was great, and some of the easter eggs and glitches are really funny. It was a delight to play and, most importantly, it was made my the smartest game company in the world, Valve. Even though in my opinion it is far worse than Half-life 2, it is still one of my favorite games. Expand
  25. RossB.
    Jan 21, 2007
    The best FPS ever, Bar None. When I first got it I played for 16 hours straight. Still remains one of my favorite games to play!
  26. AndyC.
    Feb 10, 2007
    Great game I am still addicted to the multiplayer even after all these years.
  27. DylanB
    Aug 24, 2009
    I'm writing this on August 25, 2009. I am a huge fan of the Half Life series. I've played all the other Half Life games in the series and I recently added HL1 to my collection. This is, without a doubt, the best FPS computer game I have ever played. And this is 9 years after its released! I don't know much about the graphics, sound effects, AI, and voice acting in '98 I'm writing this on August 25, 2009. I am a huge fan of the Half Life series. I've played all the other Half Life games in the series and I recently added HL1 to my collection. This is, without a doubt, the best FPS computer game I have ever played. And this is 9 years after its released! I don't know much about the graphics, sound effects, AI, and voice acting in '98 but these probably top most of them back then. This game does get pretty tough if you don't plan ahead but none the less, its still a great game. Expand
  28. HongW.
    Jul 12, 2006
    I just love this game. It was the first ego-shooter i played (age 8) and it's absolutely awesome. Well, today the graphics isn't very well, but the gameplay is still a great experience!
  29. LarsH.
    Jul 23, 2006
    This game rules! spent hours playing, it's from 1998, but is still one of the best pc games to get! the strange thing is that i don't know what to do at gonarch's lair.
  30. Somebody
    Jan 11, 2007
    The greatest shooter ever, even with aged graphics and AI. I played it a while back, and I still do. Why does everyone compare to Half-Life 2 though? That's like comparing technology from WWII to modern-day tanks.
  31. Aug 22, 2011
    Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best gameBest game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever.Best game ever. Collapse

1. It isn't everyday that you come across a game that totally revolutionizes an entire genre, but Half-Life has done just that.
  2. The storyline runs in perfect harmony with the action and acts as a conduit not a stopgap, or a padding device. Each gaming element compliments the next and the entire presentation is nothing short of, well…dare we say it…revolutionary.
  3. PC Gamer
    This is The Big One, and it's even better than we could've hoped. [Jan 1999, p.166]