6.3

1. Apr 6, 2014
    Halo: Spartan Assault is indeed a good game, but I'm disappointed Microsoft didn't put other Halo games like Reach, 3, 3 ODST, and more for the PC. Halo and Halo 2 PC did good. This is better than Halo Wars... because instead of controlling your whole army, you're controlling JUST one person. But Spartan Assault's campaign makes no sense and isn't apart of the official Halo series just aHalo: Spartan Assault is indeed a good game, but I'm disappointed Microsoft didn't put other Halo games like Reach, 3, 3 ODST, and more for the PC. Halo and Halo 2 PC did good. This is better than Halo Wars... because instead of controlling your whole army, you're controlling JUST one person. But Spartan Assault's campaign makes no sense and isn't apart of the official Halo series just a minigame kinda.

Overall: Good, could have been better. Microsoft, port other Halo games for PC.
  2. Aug 28, 2014
    I bought this game from Steam when it was on sale and I really like it actually, kept me entertained quite a while. The scoring system works and keeps you trying to best the previous score and keeps you involved. There was only one level that I got little frustrated with but all in all not a big minus. This game is however very small but does not lack replay value so it works as a big plusI bought this game from Steam when it was on sale and I really like it actually, kept me entertained quite a while. The scoring system works and keeps you trying to best the previous score and keeps you involved. There was only one level that I got little frustrated with but all in all not a big minus. This game is however very small but does not lack replay value so it works as a big plus here. I haven’t played this on any other platform than PC so keep that in mind. I think this is one of those games that I will play again and again whenever I have time to spare. Expand
  3. Jul 21, 2013
    Please note that this review is for the PC version.

The game's theme and visuals are fantastic and what you would expect out of 343 Industries. At the price of $6.99, it is a good way to waste a little time (and if you're a major Halo fan like me, yet another fix of knowledge into the Halo universe). All things considered, I only have three minor problems with it. 1. The in-game
    Please note that this review is for the PC version.

All things considered, I only have three minor problems with it.
    1. The in-game currency to purchase weapons and upgrades is kind of sad, but I expected no less from Microsoft.
    2. The game crashes from time to time. Maybe every couple of hours it will just close without saving progress. This is only a minor inconvenience because there's usually a maximum of five minutes between each save.
    3. If you are someone looking for Xbox LIVE achievement points, this game will disappoint you. It has a meager 200 gamerscore, and the achievements themselves are frustrating to the point you think to yourself "to hell with it, I didn't need those damn 10 points anyway". This has a lot to do with the inability to map your own controls; which are kind of awkward.

Overall I feel a distinct lack of content, and as much as a Halo fan-boy such as myself would love to slap a 10 on it and move on, this is metacritic and people come here for real reviews. If this game would have some future DLC (preferable without additional cost) and maybe some better integration with other Halo games (Spartan Assault has an XP bonus in Halo 4, but as someone who reached max rank in just over a month, that is useless to me).

Final verdict: Worth the buy for a Halo fan, someone with $7 to dish for fun, or someone incredibly bored. Under any other circumstances, this game is probably not going to impress you.
  4. Mar 13, 2015
    Halo is a FPS, but this one revisited the game seriesm with an overhead look. It jst feels so awesome. I dont know what it is, but something keeps me coming back to this game.

1. Apr 9, 2014
    It’s almost absurdly simple. The thing I’ve always liked about twin-stick shooters is a sense of escalating chaos - the idea that you’re only just keeping a lid on waves of baddies. Spartan Assault never manages this: there just aren’t ever enough enemies on screen, nor do they ever feel particularly dangerous.
  2. Oct 22, 2013
    Halo Spartan Assault closes a hole in the games for Windows Mobile offer, remaining a forgettable title on PC.
  3. Sep 13, 2013
    A smart top-down reimagining of the Halo experience, let down by mobile game monetization. [Nov 2013, p.66]