7.5

1. Jun 2, 2011
    Hamilton's Great Adventure is a great balanced adv/puzzler. You run around with Hamilton, and the bird Sasha helps out with collecting special abilities, reaching levers and acts as a decoy. The quests gets trickier and trickier. I have only played the first world yet, but I am having a lot of fun - and it's only nine bucks!
  2. Jul 1, 2011
    Wow, this is an amazingly polished and charming puzzle game! Not only does it have some fun (and hard) platforming puzzles, but it has a very endearing story to boot. Likewise, the art design is fabulous and the 3D graphics are crisp and detailed. I highly recommend this game to all the intellectual explorers out there!
  3. Aug 26, 2011
    Hamilton's Great Adventure is a funny puzzle game, hard and fun levels. Nice 3D graphics, but they should be optimised .Some time my graphiccard heat too much for nothing. Fatshark is a good indie dev team. There games are better and better.keep going guys
  4. Jun 9, 2011
    Great fun! A lot of levels. It starts out quite easy but gets very hard in the later stages of the game. It has a cute art style and I can play it with my kids. So for a parent I highly recommend this game. The kids should probably be above 6-7. The birds pathing is the only real down side of the game but as fast as you realize that you can double click on a position to get the bird toGreat fun! A lot of levels. It starts out quite easy but gets very hard in the later stages of the game. It has a cute art style and I can play it with my kids. So for a parent I highly recommend this game. The kids should probably be above 6-7. The birds pathing is the only real down side of the game but as fast as you realize that you can double click on a position to get the bird to teleport there it is not much of an issue. Expand
  5. Mar 26, 2013
    This game is enjoyable for the first chapter or two, then all of the games flaws start to come to light. There is a complete lack of checkpoint/save system so when you get to the longer levels later in the game, you may die on the very end of the puzzle and then have to start all the way at the beginning again. You'll forget one of the tricks you have to do at the beginning because thatThis game is enjoyable for the first chapter or two, then all of the games flaws start to come to light. There is a complete lack of checkpoint/save system so when you get to the longer levels later in the game, you may die on the very end of the puzzle and then have to start all the way at the beginning again. You'll forget one of the tricks you have to do at the beginning because that was five minutes ago, die there, have to start over again, and it just becomes immensely frustrating. There is also quite poor programming on the movement of Hamilton. The puzzles are block based so you can only move 1 block at a time, but if you move onto an elevator, or other moving platform, early enough for the game to think you got on, but late enough that you don't get fully on, you will clip through the platform and "die." Just another frustrating bug due to poor programming. The biggest flaw with this game, however, is the AI of your bird companion. It has basically no AI at all. It moves in a direct line to where you click, running into walls, unable to find its way around them. It's actually quite comical as the game says that your bird is highly intelligent, yet it is actually the furthest thing from intelligent AI. On the other hand, the level design, graphics, and music/sounds are all fantastic. The story is told through comics, which is pretty lame, but nonetheless the game was quite fun at times as long as you take it slow and don't really care about getting a "gold" rating on all the levels. Pick it up for $2.50 or less. Expand
  6. Aug 28, 2011
    I should really like this game a lot more. It's the genre I seem to be playing most this year. It's quite pretty and a good idea, but something is missing for me. I find this puzzles far to simple and linear and there is nothing that drags me into this game and makes me want to keep playing.

I love the fact that it can be a 2 player co-op game, that was good news for me and my girlfriend as rather than taking turns we could both get involved at the same time. But we just found the game boring which is a real shame.
  7. Sep 14, 2011
    Remember Chip's Challenge? Imagine that but with an Indiana Jones theme, pretty graphics and co-op. Gameplay is solid. Levels are timed and graded, unlocking supplementary challenge levels (some of which are pretty insane, like Toader.) Co-op isn't particularly exciting, though there are some levels where it is just simply more convenient to have someone controlling Hamilton's bird buddy.Remember Chip's Challenge? Imagine that but with an Indiana Jones theme, pretty graphics and co-op. Gameplay is solid. Levels are timed and graded, unlocking supplementary challenge levels (some of which are pretty insane, like Toader.) Co-op isn't particularly exciting, though there are some levels where it is just simply more convenient to have someone controlling Hamilton's bird buddy. Gamepad support, low price, and quality levels. Expand
  8. Sep 23, 2012
    I'm not really that in to puzzle games, but there is a certain amount of charm in this game (as mentioned in an earlier review by Brumbek). You also get that - when you think about it - awesome feel when you struggle and struggle to get a gold medal, and you finally get it . Trust me, once you start playing this game, you wont be satisfied with a silver medal, no matter what level.

1. Dec 22, 2011
    Hamilton's Great Adventure is a good, solid puzzle game that's a refreshing midpoint between mindless casual tile-matchers like Bejeweled and antagonistic platform games like Super Meat Boy. Hamilton can hook you, but the routine of dealing with slow restarts and fine-tuning the camera to your liking puts a hamper on your quest for fortune. Then again, what's a great adventure without a few setbacks?
  2. Oct 19, 2011
    Hamilton's Great Adventure is a well thought-out, fun puzzle game that offers a nice amount of content for a game of this price range. Sadly, it doesn't really have anything that would truly make it stand out from the numerous puzzle games on the market. It is entertaining, but not exactly a classic. [Sept 2011]
    Fat Shark's adventure platformer has fascinating level design and admirable cooperation of two main characters. For such a low price you get a lot of great fun. [July 2011]