Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban PC

7.1

1. Jul 5, 2012
    A decent game, but a disappointment compared to its predecessors. (and unfortunately, that downward trend would continue with the series in the future.) Incredibly short- a few hours should do the trick- and not challenging in the least. Worthwhile if you're a fan, but don't expect too much.
  2. Jul 9, 2015
    This game is better than Sorcerer's Stone, but worse than Chamber of Secrets.
    The new game play element in this game is the ability to change a playable character with each of them knowing different spells. This makes the game more interesting in some parts and the characters can even cast super strong spells by casting them simultaneously.
    There's a decent amount of cards to be
    This game is better than Sorcerer's Stone, but worse than Chamber of Secrets.
    There's a decent amount of cards to be collected and even more things other than Bertie Bott's Beans which is welcome. The spell challenges in this game are fun as well and the castle and the surroundings are quite well done, even though not as fun to explore as in CoS.
    Unfortunately, the whole game feels much easier when compared to the previous one and is also much shorter which is a shame.
  3. ThiagoB.O.
    Jun 14, 2004
    If you're expecting some RPG elements you won't like this game. You are not free to choose wich spell to cast or play only 1 character, you gotta keep switching from harry to harmonie to ron etc... Spells are very very limited .. I think there are only 4 or 5 spells TOTAL. I finished the game in less than 1 day and what can I say ... I spent most of the time collecting beans and If you're expecting some RPG elements you won't like this game. You are not free to choose wich spell to cast or play only 1 character, you gotta keep switching from harry to harmonie to ron etc... Spells are very very limited .. I think there are only 4 or 5 spells TOTAL. I finished the game in less than 1 day and what can I say ... I spent most of the time collecting beans and cards. It would take only 1 hour to finish the game if you cut all the bullshit off. And what was that BUNNY transforming spell.. jesus.... Seriously .. dont waste your time.. the only fun thing is Ron's voice. Expand
  4. Apr 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. While it is a decent and enjoyable game, it simply is too short. When I was a kid playing the game it took me only a few (did not have many other games I played, so I replayed many games) times through to get every single collectible besides the Harry Potter card due to my complete ignorance of the fact it was free in the shop. EA attempted to throw in a gimmick of controlling the entire trio (unless they got separated for plot related reasons) but it was poorly done. Each of the characters gained a special spell that would aid them, and only them but these were only reachable in the challenge rooms, or the story which is a shame, because each of them are pretty cool. Harry gets an ice spell for fighting salamanders and skiing down slopes and collecting cards and other items along the way. Ron gets a long range pull spell which can be used as a grappling hook to pull stuff that's far away, and swing like a monkey. Hermione's spell is the most boring. It allows you to turn statues of bunnies, and dragons alive. While they are under your control, you are free of danger (unless you forgot to kill an enemy before you decided to change the statue you moron) which pulls away from the excitement of the game. For the most part, they are used for easy puzzles, except for a race during the final exam. Unfortunately, the only other use of your friends is to pull a triple spell which just takes a little extra time to pull off. The card collecting has not been improved in the slightest, if you get all of the cards you get to have a go in the reward room, which is just a sh*ton of beans, pumpkins, and cauldrons to collect (the in-game money) while you are under a time limit. This would be a good idea, but by the time you have all of the cards there isn't really anything for you to spend it on. They do let you in the reward room for completing other challenges, but the cash boost isn't needed anyway. The story is solid, pulls away from the movie and books from time to time, but that gives freedom to the writers of the game. The sound quality is good, and the music score is nearly (if not) identical to the movie. The puzzles are easy and do not require much thought at all. This is forgivable, for it was made for kids. There are also little mini-games which you can play throughout the game. These games can be a little challenging, but are just not that much fun. Two of which are just combat with a few tweaks, and the other one is riding Buck Beak against a time limit. To me, it seems like a rushed game, which could have been so much better if it was just a little harder, and longer. Expand
  5. Mar 8, 2013
    These games just keep getting better and better. There was a solid graphics overhaul from the second gme which drastically improved the game. I felt that this game was a little bit too short, but it was very fun. It is probably the nicest looking of the three, but the game itself is too short.
  6. Tgc
    Jan 11, 2016
    It fallows gameplay of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, and presents new improved graphics. Nice thing is that all 3 main character can be played, but that really doesn't impact gameplay and player can't change character at will to use different strategy. Beside that game is much shorter and fallow less story known from books that it's predecessor, also minigames besides riding aIt fallows gameplay of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, and presents new improved graphics. Nice thing is that all 3 main character can be played, but that really doesn't impact gameplay and player can't change character at will to use different strategy. Beside that game is much shorter and fallow less story known from books that it's predecessor, also minigames besides riding a Buckbeak are extremely dull. Expand

1. Computer Gaming World
    For casual gamers and casual Harry Potter fans - diehards may be let down. [Nov 2004, p.82]
  2. AceGamez
    Adds real depth to familiar characters and locations. Gamers not used to the Hogwarts world may still be impressed by the novel approach to the gameplay, the magical graphics and the well-balanced learning curve.
  3. Harry’s third PC outing falls short with simplistic easy gameplay and won’t hold fans’ attention for too long.