7.6

1. WilliamT.
    Jan 20, 2008
    A fun game to play when you want to kill some time. But Harry's stiff controls and little story development prevent it from being anything else. Kids will enjoy it though.
  2. HarryPotter
    Jan 3, 2003
    This game rocks and if anyone wishes to know I can do real magic.
  3. TerryB.
    Nov 30, 2002
    It was good... but it was way too short! The playstation version sounds like it would've been way more fun... the beans were too easy to find. The third game should be great, they'll have TWO years to work on it...
  4. TaniaK.
    Feb 3, 2002
    This game is GREAT! and harry potter is NOT evil. In fact it preaches the triumph of good over evil. It doesn't take over one read of the books to figure that out. And i wasn't even a fan before i played the game. The game inspired me to read the books. The game has amazing graphics and beautiful background music. There are a lot of places to explore in the game but in my This game is GREAT! and harry potter is NOT evil. In fact it preaches the triumph of good over evil. It doesn't take over one read of the books to figure that out. And i wasn't even a fan before i played the game. The game inspired me to read the books. The game has amazing graphics and beautiful background music. There are a lot of places to explore in the game but in my opinion, the most excellent parts were the quidditch matches!! They were thrilling and very challenging. It can be enjoyed by people of all ages in my opinion. i don't understand why people say it's only for kids. I am an adult, and i think this game is really good. It has certainly taken a lot of effort to put this game together and i appreciate it. I am sure harry potter fans will not be disappointed by this game. Expand
  5. KatieM.
    Dec 28, 2001
    I liked it a lot. It has done a really good job of recreating the books' atmosphere. It is easy, yes, but think about who the books and games are intended to be geared for. I tink it was quite enjoyable, with very few problems.
  6. RonV.
    Jan 31, 2002
    It sucks! Harry Potter is evil and nobody should read the book, watch the movie, or play the game! J.K. Rowling needs to go to church! So does anybody who likes it.
  7. NateC.
    Jan 4, 2002
    This is an easy but interesting game. The time put into the actual game seems not to be had but the scenery and setting are quite interesting.
  8. JenniV.
    Feb 3, 2002
    I love harry potter, and this is a really cool game. It is a little challenging, but otherwise very fun. Once u get the hang of everything, it is kinda easy. And, uh, Ron V., I go to a Catholic school and THAT IS WHERE I GOT THIS GAME! So HAHAHEHE.
  9. RobertE.
    Mar 3, 2002
    This game rocks!!!
  10. RaisaR.
    Aug 3, 2002
    This game isn't that good, but I still think it's ok. I'm just a kid, and I think it's very easy to complete. It took me exactly 6 hours and 23 minutes to finish it! That's short! But still, the graphics are awesome and the music is cool, too. I would recommend this game to kids between the ages of 4 - 12.
  11. RobbieJ.
    Aug 4, 2002
    I unlike, Ron V. like the very much I like it and go to church, also.
  12. FrankF.
    Nov 2, 2003
    I loved this game.
  13. Jul 5, 2012
    I don't know what's up with the low ratings- this game is a good game. Obviously it's a Harry Potter game and you know what you're getting: it's not going to be especially difficult or challenging, but this one is challenging enough (mostly the last level vs. Voldemort, which is ridiculously tough to beat). Great mood, soundtrack, passable voice acting, and levels that are a lot of fun = 10/10.
  14. Feb 21, 2013
    I'ts not a bad game like some critics said, this is actually a very entertaining game i used to play in my childhood. Most of Harry Potter lovers should check this out.
  15. Mar 8, 2013
    Harry Potter has arrived at Hogwarts. This first game in the Harry Potter video game series is a fun game. It isn't amazing, but it is fun. It primarily follows the story of the game and is a fairly challenging game. I recommend checking it out. My only minor discrepancy is the fact that the characters mouths don't move during talking. After that, I don't have many complaints.
  16. Jul 10, 2013
    Great fun even if it is a quick play through. It's witty and genial, similarly to the book. The biggest downfall of the game is that it is too easy but it was meant for kids so that is to be expected. Because you can get it on amazon.com for so cheap it's definitely worth checking out if you like Harry Potter, or maybe even if your not.
  17. Nov 27, 2013
    I love this game! Its really, really fun. Yes, its an old game but still very fun!
  18. Jul 9, 2015
    It's a decent game, but it does not bring anything extraordinary to the table. The levels are completely linear, the game is short and easy and it feels slightly boring all the way through, however, if you like the HP franchise, you might squeeze some fun of it nevertheless. Even with that, I still find this to be just an above average game.
    Note: The PS1 and PS2 versions of this game are
    Note: The PS1 and PS2 versions of this game are completely different, so check those out. At least the PS2 version is slightly better, I can confirm that for you. Haven't played the PS1 yet.

This game is about jumping puzzles, timing puzzles, and exploration -- all very simple and not at all challenging.
  2. PC Gamer
    I’m confident that young kids will get a kick out of HP:SC, but everyone else is better off doing their adventuring elsewhere. [Feb 2002, p.68]
  3. What I liked best about the game was the ease of play. You didn’t have to fumble through spells to see what works. If a spell could be cast, the appropriate spell would be used automatically.