7.7

1. Jul 5, 2012
    I don't know what's up with the low ratings- this game is a good game. Obviously it's a Harry Potter game and you know what you're getting: it's not going to be especially difficult or challenging, but this one is challenging enough (mostly the last level vs. Voldemort, which is ridiculously tough to beat). Great mood, soundtrack, passable voice acting, and levels that are a lot of fun = 10/10.
  2. Mar 21, 2012
    First of all, I love the fact that you get to play as the World Famous Wizard with the World's best scar on one's forehead, not to mention, you get to play with MAGIC!! But, otherwise, this was also a MAJOR let down: The difficulty level is utterly high; (the graphics aren't too shabby;) the storytelling is magically thinned down with mediocre voice-overs, and during any dialogue, the characters' mouths NEVER move--not even up and down! Games before this, like Half-Life (Valve, 1998), had ITS characters ACTUALLY move their mouths in dialogue--and, yea, it's about 3 YEARS OLDER! I like this first Harry Potter game somewhat, but most of all, it's just too difficult just to play it. This game only casts itself up to a 4.5/10! You can also find this review at http://s-me.weebly.com/harry-potter-and-the-sorcerors-stone.html! Expand
  3. Feb 21, 2013
    I'ts not a bad game like some critics said, this is actually a very entertaining game i used to play in my childhood. Most of Harry Potter lovers should check this out.
  4. Mar 8, 2013
    Harry Potter has arrived at Hogwarts. This first game in the Harry Potter video game series is a fun game. It isn't amazing, but it is fun. It primarily follows the story of the game and is a fairly challenging game. I recommend checking it out. My only minor discrepancy is the fact that the characters mouths don't move during talking. After that, I don't have many complaints.
  5. Jul 10, 2013
    Great fun even if it is a quick play through. It's witty and genial, similarly to the book. The biggest downfall of the game is that it is too easy but it was meant for kids so that is to be expected. Because you can get it on amazon.com for so cheap it's definitely worth checking out if you like Harry Potter, or maybe even if your not.
  6. Nov 27, 2013
    I love this game! Its really, really fun. Yes, its an old game but still very fun!

This game is about jumping puzzles, timing puzzles, and exploration -- all very simple and not at all challenging.
  2. I’m confident that young kids will get a kick out of HP:SC, but everyone else is better off doing their adventuring elsewhere. [Feb 2002, p.68]
  3. What I liked best about the game was the ease of play. You didn’t have to fumble through spells to see what works. If a spell could be cast, the appropriate spell would be used automatically.