Harvester PC

7.9

1. MillerG
    Feb 7, 2008
    One of the best games ever. I still attempt to play but my computer is to fast and the cds are all scratched up and it doesnt run properly. I have a suggestion though think about today and this game with the Nintendo ds touch screen would be perfect I would pay good money to see that happen for all you homebrewers out there!
  2. Jet$tream
    May 30, 2004
    How can anyone say anything bad about this game,if you have played it you will know that the graphics are great for its time plus the movie sequences are sick as hell reminds me of the old 80's games like Night Trap on the mega cd Yet another game that was banned and for what ....i mean think about it the games nowadays are alot more violent and disturbing and yet,Games like How can anyone say anything bad about this game,if you have played it you will know that the graphics are great for its time plus the movie sequences are sick as hell reminds me of the old 80's games like Night Trap on the mega cd Yet another game that was banned and for what ....i mean think about it the games nowadays are alot more violent and disturbing and yet,Games like harvester night trap ect got banned for violence....so in other words so should every other game today,I really want the old classic games to come back Night Trap is so 80's its like the freddy Kruger films but your acting as part of it ...Anyways i definitely give this game a 10 its more of a game that will appeal to the older generation as it will definitely scare the hell outta the kids lol.ive played everygame out there you can name and Harvester will not be beat the new games nowadays are great yea we have the graphics sound gameplay ...But Harvester is the only game that would scare you..its very sick and twisted and thats me all over lol,one more thing there is a certain issue with later systems than windows 95 even if you install it from Dos it will always be the same outcome Either you install it and get to the (New Game) and it asks you to insert CD1..Which is already inserted..Or the fact that when you install it from dos it simply says you do not have enough pysical memmory Even tho you have way over the limit..A simple bug Yet the problem is im not aware of a patch for this game as it was banned,you can get it working usualy by editing the Config.ini For windows version,Or for the Dos version i reccomend editing the install log and removing Text from the 3rd line downwards until it says nothing about pysical memmory being not enough,i spent 5 hours trying to get this game working and when i did i loved every minute of it,Shame about the programming but Nothing is perfect thats life. Expand
  3. Apr 4, 2014
    Harvester is absolutely brilliant. Whoever gives this game a bad review simply doesn't understand what it is about. Written almost 20 years ago, it satirizes movie and video game tropes in ways that modern satires only wish they could. It's bizarre how everyone seems to be so fixated on the gore aspect, while ignoring the fact that the game cleverly utilizes it as a means to portray theHarvester is absolutely brilliant. Whoever gives this game a bad review simply doesn't understand what it is about. Written almost 20 years ago, it satirizes movie and video game tropes in ways that modern satires only wish they could. It's bizarre how everyone seems to be so fixated on the gore aspect, while ignoring the fact that the game cleverly utilizes it as a means to portray the subtle violence of society itself. Child abuse, incest, spousal abuse, rape, murder, adultery, racism, homophobia, corporal punishment, capital punishment, religious fundamentalism, gun culture, cannibalism, nationalism, these are all themes you come across from the very start of the game. If Harvester had been released today, it would have been deemed a masterpiece. Expand
  4. Apr 8, 2014
    godlike game I love every feature of it and i hope it remains in the history of gaming forever. its so good ..................................
  5. MartinD.
    Mar 30, 2005
    Super! whatta game! everything rules - especialy GORE GALORE he he he he he Harvester ;)
  6. Apr 10, 2014
    Best Game! Gore! Blood! Story! This game is freakin' good even in 2014! I recomend you play this game!
    The Story is fantastic! Brilliant Game for those who like horror games!
  7. Jul 3, 2014
    este juego es impresionante, seguramente no le guste a mucha gente, mas bien va dirigido a un publico especifico tiene unos dialogos al mas puro estilo fallout con sus consecuencias sociales, osea puedes caerle bien o no a una persona segun lo que le digas.
    historia: 8,5/10 puede que lo sobrevalore un poco pero esta historia en su tiempo fue taaaaaan original (y lo sigue siendo) que me encanta, tiene un punto que te deja todo el juego enganchado. resumiendo: (sin spoilers) te despiertas amnesico perdido en un mundo raro de "pelotas" en el que la gente esta como el protagonista de la naranja mecanica (al principio de la pelicula) y vas descubriendo a su gente,sus costumbres y lo que hacen.... mejor no os cuento mas y lo descubriis vosotros.
    graficos: 7/10 este juego utiliza los graficos que estaban a la moda en su epoca al estilo mortal kombat (los personajes son actores)
    innovacion: 10/10 donde vas a encontrar un juego como este en otro sitio
    sonido: 6,5/10 bueno, el juego viene a españa doblado al castellano de españa no latino pero con algunas irregularidades. los efectos son muy normalitos tirando para serie de dibujos animados
    diversion: 7,1/10 puede y seguramente te vas a quedar atascado en mas de una situacion y vayas a buscar un tutorial en youtube, que te va a costar porque el juego ahora pasa MUY desapercibido y no encuentres a nadie subiendolo, pero lo demas, es dificil porque das un paso en falso y BUM la palmas
    conclusion: harvester es un juego raro, raro, raro pero mola mucho viene doblado al castellano pero con una coordinacion labios/voz muy mala y alguna actuacion no es muy buena.
    muchas gracias por haber leido este analisis :)
  8. Jun 7, 2014
    In this game, you play as a young kidder named Steve. After waking up with no memory, you find yourself in horrifying-50s-cliche-town. I won't spoil anything, but the entire town is just wonderful in terms of enjoyability. It's an extremely well-done satire on America, with violent content in video games being the focus. This was the first game in a very, very long time I had to beat inIn this game, you play as a young kidder named Steve. After waking up with no memory, you find yourself in horrifying-50s-cliche-town. I won't spoil anything, but the entire town is just wonderful in terms of enjoyability. It's an extremely well-done satire on America, with violent content in video games being the focus. This was the first game in a very, very long time I had to beat in one sitting simply due to how enjoyable it was. The story never failed to impress, and it was a blast all the way through — well... Until the final day. The game downright switches genres and becomes survival horror, which does not work at all with a point-and-click interface. As well as that, the endings are awful. Still, it comes definitely recommended for anybody looking for a disturbing, engrossing, and fascinating game.

Though, don't forget, you always were a kidder.
  9. Dec 3, 2014
    This game lets you kill anyone when ever. Plus a man with no lower body is guarding a nuclear missle silo. Pies are involved alot. This game is so weird and spectacularly amazing it shocks me how many people have never heard of it. This is "The Room" of video games. You always were a kidder steve.
  10. Jun 29, 2015
    I picked this up in a GOG sale because I heard it was supposed to be really controversial back in the '90s. I was surprised it turned out to be a really entertaining point and click adventure game with interesting story and characters, solid puzzles based on logic, and bug free for such an old game. The end involves some combat which is pretty clunky but the creepy story kept me in theI picked this up in a GOG sale because I heard it was supposed to be really controversial back in the '90s. I was surprised it turned out to be a really entertaining point and click adventure game with interesting story and characters, solid puzzles based on logic, and bug free for such an old game. The end involves some combat which is pretty clunky but the creepy story kept me in the dark until the very end. It tries not to take itself to seriously either. This is a very fun 10 hours if you like edgy adventure games. Expand

1. The game has little merit, as either an adventure or a story. The premise is ludicrous, the graphics are mostly pedestrian, the voice-overs distinctly amateurish, the puzzles unimaginative, and the ending quite unsatisfying.
  2. Definitely not for the squeamish. [Dec 1996, p.82]
  3. A dated adventure with sub-standard full-motion video, puzzles that had been used numerous times, trivial item collection and drab conversations with bizarre characters. Potential oozed from the box, but was never achieved.