6.6

1. Dec 20, 2013
    TL;DR: This game just isn't scary. I originally got it since it was free on Steam and it was a boring Friday afternoon.

Ever since games like Slender, indie developers have been making these simplistic horror titles with mostly flash and little substance. The missions are essentially "walk around, find key/tool, find key, read notes, etc" with a few uninteresting monsters around. Story-line, at least for now, is bland and cliched. Atmosphere is done okay but too bright in my opinion.

I will give Madmen Theory the benefit of a doubt however. This is only the first episode, and I'm willing to try the next ones once they're available, but they'd better be scary.
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. Oct 16, 2013
    But outside of the scares, Haunted Memories may strike the more fearless among you as a pretty basic experience. Find a key at location A, to unlock a door at location B, which yields a creepy note to give you the tiniest amount of context for what it is you are experiencing. There is a sense of mystery to be uncovered, a myth explained – but you won't find all the answers in the first of six planned episodes.