6.2

1. Jul 19, 2017
    Worst gameplay, including Arena and regular modes. Arena trashes you on the regular, with certain classes and cards simply being better.

The single-player is almost fun. If you want to pay overpriced real money for it or suffer through the hell of this game to earn in game currency for it.
  2. Jun 16, 2017
    Enjoy the most f*cked up PAY TO WIN sh*t ever created. Get crushed every single time by AI which is cheating a choosing cards which can't even have. Create your own deck which is useless when you start with 1 mana point and you have 3+ mana cards in the beginning and just watch to get smashed. Then you can finally draw some cards but i doesn't matter, because your opponent has already fullEnjoy the most f*cked up PAY TO WIN sh*t ever created. Get crushed every single time by AI which is cheating a choosing cards which can't even have. Create your own deck which is useless when you start with 1 mana point and you have 3+ mana cards in the beginning and just watch to get smashed. Then you can finally draw some cards but i doesn't matter, because your opponent has already full deck and keeps crushing you like little kids toys. This sh*t game should be called "Pay to win: ALT+F4" Expand
  3. Jun 7, 2017
    This game is a fuc**ng mystery for me, as i love watching streams of it. The game gives time to think and talk with viewers and that's awesome but nothing else. The gameplay is boring and hasn't anything special. Soudns are really good and i have to say it but i'm not the kind of person that likes games for soundtrack :/
  4. May 8, 2017
    Hearthstone is a card game made by Blizzard Hearthstone is a card game made by Blizzard Entertainement.
    This was my first card game so I didn't know what to expect and I really enjoyed it.
    I don't really understand the complaints here, I found it to be a good time waster, it's perfectly fine for what it is and I think that people are too harsh on it. The gameplay is simple but fun,

The gameplay is simple but fun, you have more than 9 different classes who have different abilities and who can unlock different cards. You can choose different tactics by choosing different cards on your deck which gives you the ability to change strategies and to completely change your way of playing.

So it does have a lot of depth, now I've seen a big complaint and I would like to respond to it, some people said that this game is a pay to win, which I don't agree with, yes you can pay to unlock more cards, but me and a bunch of my friends never paid once for this game and we are doing really well and I don't mind these micro-transactions because it's a free game and paying to have more cards is completely optional.

It's a perfectly fine especially for a free game, even if they are some bad things in the game, like even if the music isn't bad but it can get repetitive, also the game relies a bit too much on luck which can make some frustrating matches.
    But when you judge it as a game, the graphics are good, the voice acting and sound design are good and the matches are dynamic and fun. It's a very competent free game who doesn't deserve the 0/10 I see so often on metacritic, some people should stop acting so spoiled and just appreciate it for what it is..
  5. Apr 16, 2017
    Sadly only vets can enjoy this game. 1st thing u have to do is pay the game in a free model so u can build a dissent deck and then u have to play hunter for at least a month so u dont have to pay more to buy the adventure and get the essential cards. In other words its a "Free" game that if u dont want to get destroyed all the time because matchmaking WILL match u with ppl that have fullSadly only vets can enjoy this game. 1st thing u have to do is pay the game in a free model so u can build a dissent deck and then u have to play hunter for at least a month so u dont have to pay more to buy the adventure and get the essential cards. In other words its a "Free" game that if u dont want to get destroyed all the time because matchmaking WILL match u with ppl that have full comp decks. So it asks u to invest in it a huge amount of money in a game that u have not invested time in since u are a beginner and for sure play a class that u potentially wont like. Expand
  6. Apr 16, 2017
    **** This. Game. **** This. Game. **** This. Game. **** This. Game. **** This. Game. **** This. Game. **** This. Game. **** This. Game. **** This. Game. **** This. Game.
  7. Apr 13, 2017
    Resourcehogging. Got the latest icore and a 1080 grapgh but as soon as I start this the computer slows down to a crawl:

So unbalanced game. Forget to get ranking without using a lot of money and when u play for a month they reset the ranking so no meaning playing ranked for the first 3 weeks because you meet ppl that have awsome cardcollections. It is like if all soccer teams

It is like if all soccer teams restarted so the div 5 teams will lose first 100 matches with no chance at all.

Gameplay is all about getting your combo before the opponent.
  8. Apr 6, 2017
    Very europe-unfriendly game. Releases are delayed, servers often go down, prices are way higher. Overall an awful experience to play being not from NA, and it is only getting worse
  9. Mar 30, 2017
    Hearthstone is currently broken on PC. Online matches disconnect you pretty much every single time. Netcode is horrible. Blizzard seriously needs to stop working on expansions and focus their attention on fixing this broken game.
  10. Mar 29, 2017
    Ive been playing this game for over 3 years and I have to say its a great game, but Blizzard so need to do something about the freeto-play model, however it being a card game people should expect to input some money into it, im lad they have the option to grind for packs - But their aim this as a casual game and yet it takes A LOT of grinding to get a good collection, I can say its a greatIve been playing this game for over 3 years and I have to say its a great game, but Blizzard so need to do something about the freeto-play model, however it being a card game people should expect to input some money into it, im lad they have the option to grind for packs - But their aim this as a casual game and yet it takes A LOT of grinding to get a good collection, I can say its a great game once you get this card collection as I do after this time and some good money input into the game. Otherwise once you have a decent collection is a relatively simple yet very fun card game, Ive played both in tournaments and casually and both are fun experiences (Except grinding to legend that was tough but hell its all in good fun). Honestly a good game if you are willing to play with basic decks for a while or put in some money to get yourself started, as with any card game would do.
    People talk about the whole game being Pay to win but its pay to get a collection, you can still win with few cards; and i've read many reviews of "powerful legendaries" which practically win you the game on the spot but this is not the case; there are only few cards that may only enhance decks and whilst they are unique you do not have to have these cards to win.
  11. Mar 25, 2017
    Prime example of the "Ameritrash" design approach. Focus is on theatrics, gaudy effects and grotesque lore, and solid gameplay is secondary, which is starting to show on the overall balance and quality of the game.

Initially solid foundation was undermined by greed, slow response to problems (patches take 6 months to arrive), incompenent direction and lack of focus and dubious design decisions. It seems that the developers more and more satisfied with themselves, while the quality of the game plummets. Meanwhile, the cost of the game is being silently increases by non-obvious means (no more adventures that are replaced by more expensive pack expansions, power inflation in effort to force players to buy the new OP cards, card rotation, etc).

Advice to new players - stay away! The golden age of Hearthstone is gone and will not return. The game is worse and worse with each expansion.
  12. Mar 23, 2017
    Pro:
    -Warcraft
    Contra: -Pay 2 Win - 100% unbalanced (pick druid and you will dominate that trash) -RNG is absolut **** how is it possible i have to start in 9/10 games? -if you play arena (random cards + hero) you will probably face enemies with 3+ legendaries while you have 0 (happend to me in literally every arena game i did) So if you like to pay for a game but get **** by
    Pro:
    -Warcraft

Contra:
    -Pay 2 Win
    - 100% unbalanced (pick druid and you will dominate that trash)
    -RNG is absolut **** how is it possible i have to start in 9/10 games?
    (happend to me in literally every arena game i did)

So if you like to pay for a game but get **** by the RNG anyways this is your game!
    Pure money waste + RNG is worse than LoL/DotA2 Matchmaking
  13. Mar 22, 2017
    This is literally the most stupid game ever made in history of games, it's developers shouldn't have any right to get rich, it's simply unfair. I could make a better game with absolutely no developing and programming training. Hearthstone is the most retarded game and here's why: You have a deck of cards that randomly comes and you just can't win a single time becasue tthere are someThis is literally the most stupid game ever made in history of games, it's developers shouldn't have any right to get rich, it's simply unfair. I could make a better game with absolutely no developing and programming training. Hearthstone is the most retarded game and here's why: You have a deck of cards that randomly comes and you just can't win a single time becasue tthere are some nolifers out there that are using only legendary cards, made, of course by these dumbs developers. It's annoying and so boring keep losing continuously with a chance to win like 1 in 50 games. I really don't understand how this crap got a 6.3 user score.....positive reviews being done by these fa;ggs, nolifers who bought with real money more legendary than proper heroes cards. UNPLAYABLE BORING DUMB AND ANNOYING , thumbs down blizzard team 5, I wish I could give you a "-10" score. Expand
  14. Mar 12, 2017
    This is the most wonderful card game ive ever played. Not only because of the dynamic of every match but because of how it grows with every expansion and the desire of the developers to do it greater every day
    even if sometimes the ranked play get you bored you have arena drafts which is the best mode of the game and you can play it even without having a single card
    shut up Ben Brode
    shut up Ben Brode and take my money.
  15. Mar 11, 2017
    Game with great potential... that was completely ruined.
    Game with great potential... that was completely ruined.
    First things first - this review is being written by not native english speaker, so please pay no attention to mistakes. I have been playing Hs for over a year and have over 3k games won. The game mechanics is great, there are dozens and dozens of cards and every four or so months there is a new card expanssion, which is great because it makes (or should make) game less repetetive.
    So, why only 3 stars? - if you are someone that thinks over starting new adventure with HS... don't. Just don't. In Hs there is no such thing like matching opponent of similar game count, which means that right from begining you may be spared against enemy with 30x times more games played and thus over 30x times more cards - i can tell via my own experience when as i had about 120 games won i have played against dude with rank 7 and over 4k won games. Another thing - cards cards, cards. You think you will get what you want/need? Think twice. You won't. after year of playing i am still using decks of my own creations which are "outside of meta" making me win 2-3 games out of 10 played. Is losing bad? Normally i pay no attention if i am winning or losing... but here comes HS punishes. If you don't win - you get no gold. There is absolutely no reward for losing a game no matter how hard and mental exhusting it woult me. now, what can be bought bu gold - card packs and arena entrances. To get a card pack you have to win 30 times. yes 30. Each game can easily take 10 min or even more. Now, recall me saying that i win 2-3 game out of 10. Yes, collecting 100 gold sometimes takes me from dawn till dusk.
    Another thing - i said that new card expansions makes game less repetetive. In the end, it doesn't. As you are playing ranked and see, let's say - a warrior, in current meta you can be 95% sure that this would be pirate agro face warrior. almost no exceptions.
    But hey! there is an option to use real life money! It will bring you nowhere to. I know. From, once again, real life experince. I have spent **** load of money on HS hoping that i would get better cards. I dind't, and here i am. almost crying with each game being played as i stuggle to collect 150 games to play on arena - the only, lemme reapet - ONLY fun thing in HS, which is making deck of random cards and fighting against another oponent with random cards - so you can be sure that you will never use same cards and play against same kind deck twice.
    So, summarizing, HS is a GREAT GAME with wonderful system, nicely made rng, bah! even a lore and advnture system... but it is a shut "society" if you would join it now, prepare on devastation and completely lack of support for new players.
    I highly disrecommend starting playing this game for anyone that is not a masochist, for i have no idea why i keep playing this game and keep wondering over quiting playing this game for good. I think that i will just wait till next expansion and see, if thing would get at least little less "unplayable"
  16. Mar 3, 2017
    My original review of this game was almost 3 years ago, and I was far too nice to it but in my defense the game was in its infancy and it was a much better game than it is now. That review was pre-GvG. Ever since the release of GvG, Hearthstone has continued on a downward spiral to its current state of being a glorified slot machine mobile app. The levels of RNG added to the cards isMy original review of this game was almost 3 years ago, and I was far too nice to it but in my defense the game was in its infancy and it was a much better game than it is now. That review was pre-GvG. Ever since the release of GvG, Hearthstone has continued on a downward spiral to its current state of being a glorified slot machine mobile app. The levels of RNG added to the cards is inexcusable for any game that tries to pass itself off as being skill-based. They have completely destroyed arena, which has turned into a game of "who can get luckier while curving out" because reactionary play has been mitigated to the extreme.

The only thing I can say about this game is that Whispers of the Old Gods was actually a really fun, innovative expansion. However that did not last, and every one since then has been a disaster. Even with sets rotating out, they leave a mark that is terrible from a business point of view.
    *GvG=permanently destroyed constructed play by making it COMPLETELY about RNG.
    *The Grand Tournament=managed to be worse than GvG and single-handedly destroyed arena...in a million years I didn't think this would have been possible.
    *Whispers=as I said, the only great one and probably forever.
    *Mean Streets=reintroduced unbelievably broken 1-drops that made constructed AND arena intolerable.

Blizzard is one sh*t company these days, it's actually depressing because I grew up obsessed with their classics. Oh how the mighty have fallen.
  17. Feb 24, 2017
    I have a serious love hate relationship with this game. I have enjoyed it for months, but for me it's ruined by 1 card... Reno Jackson. Until they rotate that pos card, this game can rot in hell.
  18. Jan 22, 2017
    Pay to Win POS that makes you think you will do better if you get more cards and build better decks. WRONG. RNG is everything, your skill level means sh*t. Have fun pissing your money away with this game.
  19. Jan 17, 2017
    Un jeu de carte gratuit qui peut être simple et accessible a tous comme complexe et addictif ! (et NON ce nes pas un pay2win avec un peut de bonne volonté on peut avoir de très bon deck !)
  20. Jan 11, 2017
    Un puto juego de mierda sin mas, imposible de jugar tranquilo, todo el mundo con suerte menos tu, juegas el supuesto mazo mejor del juego y no paras de perder y mientras miras como todo el mundo gana sin parar.
  21. Jan 6, 2017
    Unstable connections + rigged win/lose system. The more you pay - the more lucky card draws you'll get. Also a lot of bots that play withour mistakes, farming gold/rank/arena.
  22. Jan 3, 2017
    Egy nagyon jó kis kártyajáték, bár nem vagyok nagyon jó benne. De mivel nem nyújt többet a társainál, ezért nem tudok neki jobb pontszámot adni. Most már nem nagyon játszom vele.
  23. Dec 31, 2016
    - Las cartas están muy disparejas. Hay algunas que son extremadamente poderosas y otras que son una tremenda porquería inservible.
    - Es un PAY TO WIN. El que paga para comprar masos tiene mas cartas. La joda del juego es comprar y comprar masos con dinero real hasta que te toquen un par de cartas ROTAS (osea extremadamente poderosas), y luego las utilizas para ganarles a todos. Pay to Win.
    - Los mazos y las jugadas son repetitivas, desde el inicio del juego han ido agregando cartas pero no han agregado nuevos tipos de jugadas, solo mas de lo mismo.
    - Tienes que ganar (literalmente) 30 partidas para poder comprar 1 mazo, el cual el 90% de las veces te da cartas malas, y solo da 5 cartas.
  24. Dec 28, 2016
    True Score: 8.6

Pros: - Smooth and clear UI - Father of online CCG - Warcraft characters and lore - Adventures have fun mechanics and characters full of life Cons: - Pay to win (or play forever) - Terrible learning curve to be competitive - Everyone netdecks - Blizzard is often too slow to respond or patch things - Infrequent updates - Character skins for $10????? - Too
    True Score: 8.6

Pros:
    - Smooth and clear UI
    - Father of online CCG
    - Warcraft characters and lore
    - Adventures have fun mechanics and characters full of life

Cons:
    - Pay to win (or play forever)
    - Terrible learning curve to be competitive
    - Everyone netdecks
    - Blizzard is often too slow to respond or patch things
    - Infrequent updates
    - Character skins for $10?????
    - Too much RNG
    - Often little counterplay

While the pros/cons seem ridiculously skewed towards the negative, to be fair there is a reason why I have played this game for so long. It does what it does extremely well and even though there are a ton of aspects of this game that bother me, I still come back time and time again as IMO it remains the king of online CCG.
  25. Dec 11, 2016
    Simply, fun, easy rules, fast games, atractive game for casual and hard hardocre fans, very competitive, there are many reasons that make me play this game at least once everyday.
  26. Nov 28, 2016
    The greedy high frequency of the change in the game's meta makes it impossible to climb without spending money in a weekly basis. The game itself may be a free one but it is the most expensive one if you want to enjoy it. And i can't feel victorious after i win because i know that me winning only means that i recently spent more than my opponent. It kind of feels bad to see how greedy theThe greedy high frequency of the change in the game's meta makes it impossible to climb without spending money in a weekly basis. The game itself may be a free one but it is the most expensive one if you want to enjoy it. And i can't feel victorious after i win because i know that me winning only means that i recently spent more than my opponent. It kind of feels bad to see how greedy the legendary game makers become. Expand
  27. Oct 30, 2016
    PAY-TO-WIN GAME even after a few games, Blizzard targets people SO DUMP that will pay for a card and feel better for their small dicks. Positive reviews here are a joke really. Again .. PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAMEPAY-TO-WIN GAME even after a few games, Blizzard targets people SO DUMP that will pay for a card and feel better for their small dicks. Positive reviews here are a joke really. Again .. PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME ,PAY-TO-WIN GAME foad Expand
  28. Oct 25, 2016
    Really fun strategy game with a lot of depth. A lot of people are calling it pay2win, which is partially true, but not necessarily. You get quests everyday which get you currency, more than enough so that you can be a top tier player if you grind and try, for completely free
  29. Oct 24, 2016
    Dont ever bother with this game it is after few levels a big waste of time...Fully unbalanced money grinder...One of the worst games just dont even try it.
  30. Oct 14, 2016
    I played this game almost 1,5 years. Now in its current state I cannot recommend it to anyone at all.
    Almost every game breaking card has RNG mechanic in it, which means that luck decides many outcomes of the matches right from the start. This game is no longer the same fun & entertaining card game it used to be.

Hear me out and please don't waste your money on this garbage.
  31. Oct 5, 2016
    There is definetely no other game that still keeps me entertained after years. You can just play a few rounds for half an hour whenever you like. Its casual and its fun. What else would you want more from a videogame ?
  32. Sep 29, 2016
    Used to be a great game (at least 8/10) but with latest expansions blizzard made a joke from this game. A lot of random impact cards. Meta is very aggressive at least 80% of meta are aggressive decks. To make things worse yogg saron makes a joke even a longer games. Today blizzard announced some cards change which should make a small improvement (emphasize on small). This kind of cardUsed to be a great game (at least 8/10) but with latest expansions blizzard made a joke from this game. A lot of random impact cards. Meta is very aggressive at least 80% of meta are aggressive decks. To make things worse yogg saron makes a joke even a longer games. Today blizzard announced some cards change which should make a small improvement (emphasize on small). This kind of card adjustment should be done at least a half year ago (players complained about some cards for months). Seems likes they made this changes only because blizzcon is close and they didn't want to make their biggest tournament of this game looks like a total joke. You can try to play for fun from time to time but don't spent any money on it (you can spend a lot of in this game). You will only be disappointed. Expand
  33. Sep 28, 2016
    Very unbalanced game, extremely unfair to new players. You will start the game with basic standard cards, expected to grind against players with decks full of OP elite cards. Your only hope to win is luck of the draw and some RNG madness. Only people who like this game are those who have sunk tons of time or money into their decks and who enjoy wiping the floor with new players. If you areVery unbalanced game, extremely unfair to new players. You will start the game with basic standard cards, expected to grind against players with decks full of OP elite cards. Your only hope to win is luck of the draw and some RNG madness. Only people who like this game are those who have sunk tons of time or money into their decks and who enjoy wiping the floor with new players. If you are a new player and just looking for some fun, casual, card games... LOOK ELSEWHERE! Expand
  34. Sep 19, 2016
    Play the game perfectly and then lose to rng elements, there is no skill involved in this game, its not completely a pay2win game because even if you have these premium legendary cards they wont give you a consistent win-rate at the broken ladder system
  35. Sep 8, 2016
    I've made it to legend several times peaking at rank 6 legend (top 6 in a region), but today, I am quitting this game.

Hearthstone is slot machine hidden behind the title of a card game. Look at the remarkable resemblance to a slot machine for the queuing animation https://youtu.be/dEinLIA45rE?t=3194 .They pamper you with daily quests, lively animation and music and seasonal rewards but it's all a facade to get you hooked from the start. As time passes, you cease to play this game for fun. It becomes some machine you grind gold out of or some crucible that you put yourself through every season for the title of legend or rank 5. Most of the long-term players share such sentiments. They log on, farm their quests, play a few games, get infuriated and log off. It all sounds so counter-intuitive. As you new player, all you longed for was a competitive collection. But it takes years or hundreds of dollars to gain such. As a veteran, you grow more weary of the game every day and remain in perpetual hope that the next DLC will change something but it never does. There is only torment and despair to be found here

Hearthstone is an addiction not a game. Save yourself the trouble of being shackled to this game and look elsewhere.
  36. Aug 29, 2016
    Do not be fooled by the critics opinions of Hearthstone most of them have not played a proper card game and do not understand all the finer details of a card game and this is why its popular with critics they can play it, enjoy it, rate it highly because its meets that criteria as a video game, not as a card game.

The Sesame Street of card games is what Hearthstone is. Popular for the

The Sesame Street of card games is what Hearthstone is. Popular for the same reason Call of Duty is that it appeals to the biggest market (casuals) and makes a game even from rng or random cards, but that is where it stops. Unlike other card games you can trade, you can talk to your opponent actually understand them, you can play moves on their turns as a control method and you have a method of ramping your deck up to play the cards you want. Hearthstone has none of these and this is where you have to decide if you want to keep losing to people who pay money or join the pay2win club. Once you make it to this point you can decide for yourself of you can invest in a paper card game where you have everything Hearthstone has to offer by x1000.

There is a reason why paper card game players are not fond of Hearthstone, it could dumb down the whole genre of trading card games, and to the fact that it masquerades as a trading card game when it isn't. The artwork is pretty disappointing as well.
  37. Aug 22, 2016
    If you don't misplay, 100% of the games you lose is due to RNG. Its funny watching streams because you don't have to lose to RNG. Even watching streams is getting boring. Playing since late beta and doing your quest 90%+ of the time then you have a somewhat playable collection. But for newer players getting a playable collection feels like a huge mountain to climb and pay2win.
  38. Aug 7, 2016
    This game is simply the most heinous vile atrocity that the world has ever produced. It is run by people exploiting its absolutely rubbish mechanics in attempts to the con the user into more spending, all those u-tube videos do is manipulate kids into buying a game that hasn't cost any real development at all, and it only offers them with a lack of fair play in return. The game isThis game is simply the most heinous vile atrocity that the world has ever produced. It is run by people exploiting its absolutely rubbish mechanics in attempts to the con the user into more spending, all those u-tube videos do is manipulate kids into buying a game that hasn't cost any real development at all, and it only offers them with a lack of fair play in return. The game is redundant when most classes can kill you before you can even drop a card, because the malicious computer provides the user with a lack of cards to drop on their turn, yet mysteriously your opponent will always have the perfect card to play. It is a rock paper scissor approach and it doesn't matter your investment, because this game relies mostly on the luck that a computer selects something for you to play on your turns. So the game adds more abilities to draw even more cards and copy duplicate cards, but taht doesn't even matter if the cards don't come up due to the luck of the draw. Some class are so imbalanced away from other classes played, that it clearly favors them with cheaper abilities too press those Iwin buttons with.. The grammar on the cards was written by people who don't speak using grammar as every card was made to be exploited away from that grammar contained on their descriptions. The game uses P2P protocols where it constantly disconnects you, and it is one of the worse game on the planet for this occurrence. The game has frequent bugs in the mechanics where players gain stuff they shouldn't have making more and more of stuff they never needed more of and the deck that supposedly only contained a max of 2 or a single legend. It is a game that you need to invest to compete playing. As in you need to psychically spend currency buying stuff and even upon purchasing you are still a victim to its poor design and its lack of fair play.

A design that wants to be played as quickly as possible in as few turns as possible, why, because time is money. So it only offers 30 hp that is dead by turn 4 ,as you are only given a selection of unplayable cards prior to that turn you are dead in having nothing significant to counter your opponent even though you have filled you deck appropriately with plenty of cards on the starting turns. The design has an appalling layout, it hasn't put cards into rows to be hot keyed. It doesn't provide the user with their own strategic choice of starting selection. It doesn't allow the user to make as much game currency as they can acquire per day from playing, instead it limits them, because they won't spend. It doesn't provide the tavern tourney all week, because that often makes game currency quicker than other matched modes. It disconnects only from playing this game, in matches that you can instantly relog, but you have lost your game that there was no protection offered. It doesn't group players fairly, it groups them with players well outside their psychical level.. It forces starts for many turns away from the mathematical odd of a coin flip 50/50 or non start for as many turns as up to 10, and it groups with the same player as many as 4 time sin a row, and the same class for many attempts frequently again as many as 10 times. It has worse loss streaks then provided win streaks, they are not balanced, up to the point the assumption is you are grouped against robots and the computer has simply worked out a strategy to your deck.

This is monkey made game was typical pyramid scheme. It was designed to exploit the user into spending, it doesn't give a hoot about anything else, because if a million people spend buying some of this game's crap and they have too, in having the same features you are grouped against, it has made millions. It uses crap connection protocols when it runs from same servers hosting much better games that offer far superior multiplayer. It basically took the concept from a world famous epic game and churned out total garbage in attempt to exploit that fan base.

Avoid this abysmal game at all costs. It is simply heinous. These games should be stopped, and its reign of corruption ended. It seems the common tactic of the industry today is screw the user into spending more on crap that is redundant. It is all across the console industry today with DC packs, it is all across the internet with these freemiums and there is nothing epic coming out of the industry apart from these exploitively redundant hacks. For the love of this planet anybody else with a hint of reasoning should absolutely avoid. These type of games are simply not worth it, do not be conned otherwise by the lies fed by those people exploiting that concept of you buying more to always get less because there is always more to buy when it is never enough. It is absolutely sickening. It might as well be that Nigerian phonejack credit card details please muhahaha.
  39. Aug 7, 2016
    Hearthstone is quite good online card game. It has really good graphics, but the game system is quite simple I would say. What I hate most about HS is RNG, there are really a lot of cards which are based on random and that is not what is good for gameplay. I have not too much problem with buying stuff and I am not gonna cry like other that "HS is P2W", anyway the thing is that blizzard isHearthstone is quite good online card game. It has really good graphics, but the game system is quite simple I would say. What I hate most about HS is RNG, there are really a lot of cards which are based on random and that is not what is good for gameplay. I have not too much problem with buying stuff and I am not gonna cry like other that "HS is P2W", anyway the thing is that blizzard is recently making really many new expansions / adventures and the split up of competitive playing into 2 sections is just bad. Of course both are currently ranked, but the main focus will be now of course on the mode with just recent expansions / adventures so the older mode is going to be just background and people are forced to buy new stuff. I think HS has many pros and cos and as a result it is game that stands somewhere a bit beyond average.

Graphic - 9
    Gameplay - 6
    Lasting Appeal - 7
    Execution - 6

Overall - 7
  40. Jul 27, 2016
    Hearthstone is by far the worst game ever created. It is complete garbage designed by morons and morons only and that is based on luck at exactly 100%. There is no room for skills, stupidity is forgiven and, on top of that, this trash we call a game is pay-to-win. Never ever spend a single dollar to support such incompetent design ever. If you want to play a luck based game that is asHearthstone is by far the worst game ever created. It is complete garbage designed by morons and morons only and that is based on luck at exactly 100%. There is no room for skills, stupidity is forgiven and, on top of that, this trash we call a game is pay-to-win. Never ever spend a single dollar to support such incompetent design ever. If you want to play a luck based game that is as trash as hearthstone, go play "Bataille", it costs less. Expand
  41. Jul 4, 2016
    I played this game after it come out from beta fora few months.I stop it because of the lack of content and upgrade.Now i started playing it again,and i should say that the game received a lot of content.But most of them a retarded and shows why blizzard is a terrible game maker now:the only this that is good in this game is the marketing:you can buy everything in this p2w game,but tbh youI played this game after it come out from beta fora few months.I stop it because of the lack of content and upgrade.Now i started playing it again,and i should say that the game received a lot of content.But most of them a retarded and shows why blizzard is a terrible game maker now:the only this that is good in this game is the marketing:you can buy everything in this p2w game,but tbh you can achieve all those buy playing a lot.So whats your plan?Playing a lot,and if you are good then you will enjoy it even more because of the lot of content?NO,THIS GAME IS WORSE THAN POKER,THERE IS NO NEED TO BE SKILLFULL,OR TO HAVE A GOOD DECK,THE WHOLE GAME IS LITERALLY LUCK.LITERALLY(even poker is more skillful than this lottery game).The whole game is unfair,don't teach you that you need to wait with xy card to more next time before you take it out cause the game new it that it is just luck.If you think you are bad at it,then i can say you you are not,you are just unlucky,because there is NO CONSISTENCY in this game,you cant learn or experience combos and plays ,because they are not skillful things,if you are lucky you got the best cards,but if you are not you will lose 3 games in a row just because the enemy got c'thun earlier than you ,although you have played better the whole game.I highly recommend this game if you want to be frustrated because you are unlucky,and i can recommend it to people too who don't know what they are doing and just want to win.To sum up,this game is like a blizzard game with a lot of micro transactions,but its less fun than the others,i think they really need to balance this game to be a far one.

ps:i really hope it wont get high prizepool tournaments,the game doesn't deserve it.
  42. Jul 2, 2016
    I used to play this when it was relatively new and there weren't any expansions yet. Lot's of fun and it can still be, but it has turned into a pay to win game... which you could say that all card games are, but this one is ridiculous. I tried ranked and kept losing to combos that required a lot more rare cards than a few free booster packs could give.

For comparison, when this was new,

For comparison, when this was new, I reached ranked level 14-16 very easily without really modifying my deck. Now I kept losing matches and barely reached 22.
  43. Jun 20, 2016
    Pros:
    - this game is very varied in strategies and requires skill (best streamers get in average 7 win per arena (Kripp, Adwecta) comparing to average 3), there are many classes which means many strategies (at least 4-5 classes good for arena and I'm meeting various classes in standard battles)
    Pros:
    - you can play as a free player and if you are really good you can reach a legendary level over time (since with avg 7 arena you effectively earn by playing arena)
    - great animations and sound makes it more enjoyable
    - also not too slow comparing to many CCG (this is a huge advantage comparing to mtg clones)

Cons:
    - sometimes feeling nothing that day to play to enjoy in the game
    - sometimes feeling high imbalance even on same player lvl
    - no really free quest (requires high amount of tokens for a free to play)
    - even paid quest feels sometimes not enjoyable at all

But in overall there is not better digital CCG at the market in my opinion and I've tried dozens
  44. Jun 16, 2016
    Warcraft universe? Check!
    Cool Art? Check!
    Skill base on skill? Missing.

It's just an another **** 75% luck based game.
    Have luck, have fun. Have no? Go **** yourself!
  45. Jun 12, 2016
    Haber, este juego NO ES UN PAY TO WIN, es un PAY TO ACCELERATE, e jugado desde la Beta y solo en 2 temporadas lo he tomado en serio, llegando a rango 10 y 7 en Enero y Marzo de 2016, le hubiese dado más, pero también juego otras cosas.

En pocas palabras, si haces las misiones (Consejo si no juegas todos los dias: Regístrate y cambia las misiones que te dá 40 de oro, para que te dén misiones de 50,60 y 100 monedas o un sobre), puedes ganar una buena cantidad de oro.

Hay mazos que suelen ser baratos y buenos para empezar a jugar (Pero por la abundancia de estos y el rng, las partidas a veces pueden ser incómodas, posiblemente los 2 peores puntos para mí).

La arena es una buena forma de ganar dinero y sobres, con que tengas 3 victorias ya ganas por el sobre y las monedas, pero si obtienes una buena arena, te aseguro que progresarás en tu colección.

Lo Bueno de este juego: +Las partidas duran poco +Es simple, pero visualmente lindo sin ser desgastante +Free to Play (Pero si quieres jugar serio, tienes que progresar) +El mejor juego para jugar mientras juegas o esperas otros juegos. +Los 2 modos de juegos que tienen sus diferentes metas y arquetipos

Lo malo: -El RNG (Podría ser bueno, pero lo admito, el rng me ha dado 12 victorias en arenas, es asqueroso pero a la vez divertido) -Las aventuras costosas (Uno de los mazos mas baratos requiere Brann, necesitas 1400 de oro para llegar a su dungeon) -La abundancia de un mismo mazo (Si odias eso, la arena podría ser para ti)

EN RESUMEN: Los que se quejan de P2W son unos llorones que quieren ser leyenda en su primer mes de juego, hay jugadores que han llegado a LEYENDA 1 (TOP 1 DE EUROPA/ASIA/AMÉRICA) EN 5 DIAS SIN GASTAR NADA, pero le doy un 8 porque el sistema rng suele ser molesto y el juego es algo casual y no es recomendable para los supermegahardcore coreanos que le dedican 25 horas al día al Dark Souls (Exageré un poco)
  46. Jun 7, 2016
    Pay to win, masked as "Pay to progress faster" The people with a brain see right through it and walk away, you'll find a lot of mindless people defending the model, but the jokes on them.
  47. May 30, 2016
    A really good game ruined by the poor pay 2 win experience.
    Pros:
    -Accessible for everyone. -Free. -Easy to play - hard to master. -Good lore, design, ost etc. -Plenty of cards, combinations, decks and strategies. Cons: -You can't get new cards, literally, even if you play 24 hours per day, some cards are impossible to get if you don't spend any money. And this, in a card game is
    A really good game ruined by the poor pay 2 win experience.
    Pros:
    -Accessible for everyone.
    -Free.
    -Easy to play - hard to master.
    -Good lore, design, ost etc.
    -Plenty of cards, combinations, decks and strategies.

Cons:
    -You can't get new cards, literally, even if you play 24 hours per day, some cards are impossible to get if you don't spend any money. And this, in a card game is just frustrating.
    -Even if you pay, you need to spent A LOT of money. It's not cheap.
  48. May 27, 2016
    Hearthstone is a rather fun and easy to learn but hard to master card game. The game is, however, pay to win and very grind-y.

To earn cards in this game, packs must be opened. They cost 100 gold in game currency. This means you will be able to open one pack per three days if you role 40 currency quests. An additional pack can be earned via tavern brawl, a weekly event that lasts a few days. Cards can be crafted through dust, which is earned through recycling cards you don't want or have two duplicates of.

This can be very grind-y, so if you don't play the game often, or conform to the quests, you will earn cards very slowly, as duplicates mean getting all the cards takes a long time. Legedaries and epics cost a lot of dust, and you get less dust back than it costs to craft.

This is not good since the meta of the game in both standard and wild modes, and even to an extent casual, revolves heavily around meta decks. You simply can't get above rank 16 without a good meta or anti-meta deck, not even if you are very good at TCGs. And since the meta is ever-shifting and old cards are made redundant in standard, new cards released, earning all the cards needed to make a relevant meta deck is impossible without dedicating your life to the game.

And since, as I said, the meta shifts, and cards give less dust when disenchanted, you can't simply disenchant and re-enchant cards to play the meta deck you want to. This leaves the game feeling frustrating as you simply cannot progress through the ranks. Buying packs will give you more cards, but because of duplicates, you still will not get the cards you want even if bought in bulk, and my luck of getting legandaries seems awful. I only got one legendary in 30 packs when I preordered WoTOG expansion- never again. Seems to me like there should be a set number of them you get in a certain number of pack openings, or the probability should increase.

Some pros: Some cards can be earned through DLCs where you play a quest against AIs. However, these addons are expensive and cost too much to grind in game money. Also, they do not contain the cards for the best meta decks, really, and they will rotate out in standard.

Final score of 3. Has potential to be a fun competitive game for the masses, but for those without a ton of time or a big wallet, it is impossible to progress beyond a certain point.
  49. May 26, 2016
    The thing to understand about Hearthstone is that it's a very, very casual game. The existence of a pro circuit should not be taken as an indication of a skill-demanding gameplay but as as an expression of its wide-ranging popularity and its suitability for streaming. It's most accurately compared to a game like Texas Hold'em Poker in the sense that it requires skill to play accurately,The thing to understand about Hearthstone is that it's a very, very casual game. The existence of a pro circuit should not be taken as an indication of a skill-demanding gameplay but as as an expression of its wide-ranging popularity and its suitability for streaming. It's most accurately compared to a game like Texas Hold'em Poker in the sense that it requires skill to play accurately, but in a lot of scenarios skill won't matter tremendously due to huge variance. This doesn't make Hearthstone a bad game, just a very casual game.

My main objections are:
    1. The direction the game is taking - towards less diverse, simpler gameplay and deck-building. Steadily heading deeper into mediocrity.

2. How extremely greedy the game is and that's where a new player needs to pay attention. If you want all the cards in Hearthstone, an average estimate of around 600$ is by no means exaggerated. If you want the cards for the current Standard format, you can maybe cut it down to around 450$. That's extreme and your expenses won't end there, you should expect something like 50$ a year at least from that point on. Now, you don't need all cards but if you want to have a few decent decks, you're probably still looking at 150-200$.

Hearthstone is suited for people who'd like a very casual card-game to have a bit of fun with and for whom money isn't really an object. If you liked Magic the Gathering or strategical games in general, you'd be better off looking at games like Faeria or Hex or something like that (or Magic the Gathering Online if a clunky interface doesn't bother you).

In the end, Hearthstone remains a mediocre game because of its insistent pandering to the absolutely lowest denominator and its terrible greed, but the game isn't bad as such. The interface is smooth, some ideas are fun and there have been interesting decks in the meta at times (just too rarely). In the end, however, the game aims for and accurately hits mediocrity.
  50. May 24, 2016
    Went down hill pretty fast. After the Naxxramas Expansion it died for me. New crap cards release, new stupid rng stuff which noone needs. And it's pay2win. Lame. Full of Botters.
  51. May 13, 2016
    Tried the game for the first time in 2014. Didnt have time to get into it at the time. Fast forward to 2016. I try the game again since I now have the time for it. I enjoyed it but it soon became clear that I had to pay some cash to get a quick start into the game as others have progressed with their card decks for 2 years now. Bought 40€ worth of cards. Got jack **** to show for it. MyTried the game for the first time in 2014. Didnt have time to get into it at the time. Fast forward to 2016. I try the game again since I now have the time for it. I enjoyed it but it soon became clear that I had to pay some cash to get a quick start into the game as others have progressed with their card decks for 2 years now. Bought 40€ worth of cards. Got jack **** to show for it. My current W/L ratio is around 1 win per 10 games and that is purely because the matchmaking in any mode does not consider decks into the matchmaking when finding a opponent. There is no way to win someone who has put more time/money into the game than I have and since the matchmaking cant see that I am facing opponents with better cards and more experience in the game than myself. It was fun for a while but after a 20 lose streak I started wondering if theres something really wrong with the game. There is. Its pure pay to win if you dont have the time to grind months for full decks before facing off against other players. I found a compiled list of cost / time to own all the cards in the game. As of 5/2016 it would cost you thousands of real life currency to get all the cards to play in an even field with the veterans the matchmaking places you with. Or in time. A whooping 8 months of daily grinding to get your decks to the state the veterans have them already.

All in all. The game itself is really good but if you want to compete with other players you either need to drop over 1000 USD at once when you start playing or grind matches against bots for 8 months to stand a chance against veterans players.

I am disappointed. I expected more from a "free to play" game.

Shame on you blizzard.

The only game mode that gives a fair chance at winning is the arena. Which lets you choose 30 cards from totally random cards to form a deck that you compete against other players whom have forged their own random card decks. But that game mode costs you. The entry fee for the arena is 2€ which lasts you until you lose 3 games in total or 100 ingame gold. After 15 hours of farming I got 160 gold. Not worth it.

DL;DR Money grab. Pure p2w. Stay away.
  52. May 2, 2016
    **** garbage ass game. Was fun till this retardedass joke of a company shafted the whole thing with the new trash expansion and "standard" **** Incredibly disappointing considering how many hours I sunk into the game back when it was actually fun.
  53. Apr 24, 2016
    There are many reasons why I have come to absolutely hate HearthStone after playing the game for over a year. Here is my entire list as to why I now absolutely despise this game and Blizzard as a company.

1.) The Game Has Never Been Balanced And Never Will Be Hearthstone has an infamous history of overpowered decks and cards, and the solution of Blizzard for these broken game

1.) The Game Has Never Been Balanced And Never Will Be

Hearthstone has an infamous history of overpowered decks and cards, and the solution of Blizzard for these broken game mechanics is to rather nerf the decks/cards to the point where they are absolutely useless, or just do nothing at all. Cards that have received heavy nerfs include the Starving Buzzard, the Undertaker, and Warsong Commander. While cards which have been powerful for an extremely long time and clearly need a nerf, such as Emperor Thaurissan, Alexstrasza, and Dr. Boom.

At the same time, there are also classes in Hearthstone that are completely imbalanced. A common example is the Paladin class which features an incredibly variety of powerful card types and combos(Secrets, Weapons, Equality+Concecrate, etc) which allow players to create any type of deck that's possible to make; be it Aggressive, Secret, Mid-Ranged, Control or even an OTK deck.

While other classes, such as the Rogue class, have been desperate for buffs for an extremely long time because their decks are as effective as a Basic-Card-Only Deck.

2.) Always 50/50

While many people constantly criticize HearthStone for being a "pay-to-win" game, not even the most overpowered cards will guarantee your victories. Whether you have every legendary in the game or have just started playing Hearthstone, the matchmaking system sets up games so that every player has the closest to a 50% win-rate as possible.

This is especially evident in Ranked Ladder; where less than 10% of players within a region ever make it to and past the Silver League in a season.

3.) The Recent Expansions Have Been Epic Failures!

With the recent expansions in HearthStone, it is clear that the guys at Blizzard have done terrible jobs to make the game fresh, exciting and balanced. In the two recent expansions for HearthStone; "The Grand Tournament" and "The League of Explorers", less than 10% of the cards from both expansions see regular use in decks. Not only did Blizzard completely fail to create a new card mechanic "i.e. 'Inspire'", they also completely failed to change the META; instead STRENGTHENING it.

4.) Whispers of The Old Gods and Wild/Standard Formats

This was the most money-hungry failure from Blizzard so far!

While Blizzard had promised that their cards would be relevant forever, they have not completely broken their promise by removing the Naxxramas and GvG expansions from "official gameplay" (i.e. the "standard" mode). At the same time, they are also releasing an expansion and updating cards which promises to balance the game and make it fresh.

The first reason why this is bad is because instead of doing all of this, Blizzard could have instead just updated all the cards to balance the game. The only thing wrong with this in their eyes is that there's no $$$ in simply updating the cards.

The second reason this is bad is because Blizzard knows how great their Naxxramas and GvG cards are and know how their latest expansions were complete failures both game-wise and profit-wise because only a few cards were actually useful, and those cards only made the Naxx and GvG cards stronger. So in order for people to purchase their newest expansions they're just getting rid of Naxx and GvG all together.

The third reason this is bad is because of the design mechanics of the WoTOG's cards. A great example is C'Thun, which is a legendary that Blizzard clearly wants to make the newest "overpowered" card. Only problem with this is that this card is really hard-countered by a deck that's been the prime competitive and overpowered deck for over a year (Grimm Patron Warrior)! At the same time, they are once again releasing cards in the expansion which only make the current META stronger, and once again I refer mainly to the Grim Patron Warrior deck!
    ___________________________________________________________________________

In one long sentence, in case you didn't read the extremely long rant above;

HearthStone is (and always has been) completely unbalanced, most of the cards in the game are completely useless, you will never stop losing 50% of the time no matter how many cards you buy, and Blizzard's only solution to the many problems in HearthStone listed above is for players to buy more useless cards.
  54. Apr 18, 2016
    This game has its own glitter to it, and it can be pretty fun. Blizzard tries very hard to create the >TRADING< (jk) virtual card game experience, being able to craft your own decks on your computer or on your mobile phone. I spent a good amount of time on this game to conclude that this game works, and it works great, even if this is really a game of roll-the-dice. The graphics and layoutThis game has its own glitter to it, and it can be pretty fun. Blizzard tries very hard to create the >TRADING< (jk) virtual card game experience, being able to craft your own decks on your computer or on your mobile phone. I spent a good amount of time on this game to conclude that this game works, and it works great, even if this is really a game of roll-the-dice. The graphics and layout look so slick its pleasing to the eye. Each individual 1v1 game has an interactable battlefield of some WoW location, which allows you to speak to your opponent through emotes. Each card has the WoW art with different effects that are appropriate to the character. You get gold from daily quests and winning games to earn packs, which can give you some legendary WoW characters that look great. You can get even more packs through arena battles or tavern brawls, which are games with specific rules added every few days. What this game has that other card games don't offer is the ability to disenchant your own cards and craft ones you want. To speed up the card count, of course you would need to add in a bit of money.

This game looks, runs and feels great. However, gameplay itself in a 1v1 match does not feel too great. I found myself begging to draw a certain card or hope he does not draw a certain effect. This game is very RNG-based, and only some skill and knowledge is involved. It comes to the point where every little thing counts if RNG is acting similarly to both players. But overall, this is an enjoyable game and collecting shiny gold cards and crafting legend-worthy decks is serious fun.
  55. Apr 18, 2016
    Pay to win

OOOOOOohhhhhhhhhhhh another legendary op **** and another and another and another
    matches the company capitalistic **** not a fair gameplay
  56. Apr 17, 2016
    Its a shame how a game with such little development in the cards themselves gets so much popularity, ive played it for a bit to give it a chance but it just can't even come close to a lot of other card games. If you like hearthstone for the card aspect, please do yourself a favor and just give some others a chance. Trust me you'll enjoy them a lot more if you get into them.
  57. Apr 12, 2016
    Fácil de jugar, difícil de dominar.

Me es difícil reseñar objetivamente esta obra que se a llevado la mitad de mi tiempo y de mi sueldo. ¿Es Hearhstone un buen título? La respuesta que mi corazón grita es SI, pero analizándolo puede que parezca lo contrario. En esta obra controlamos 9 diferentes clases, cada una separada por su propio set de cartas que se complementan con un set
    Fácil de jugar, difícil de dominar.

En esta obra controlamos 9 diferentes clases, cada una separada por su propio set de cartas que se complementan con un set común que comparten todas las clases. Tanto los héroes como las cartas pertenecen al lore de Warcraft por lo que nos encontraremos personajes conocidos como Sylvanas, Jaina, Alamuerte, Thrall, entre varios otros iconos que los fans de Blizzard reconocen a la distancia.

La experiencia de juego es de altísimo nivel, en esto Blizzard no falla y tiene la formula perfecta para contentar a sus jugadores como para atraer a un nuevo público. Recordemos que Hearthstone puede ser jugado desde un PC o desde dispositivos móviles lo que invita nuevos jugadores acceder a esta obra.

¿Entonces es todo perfecto en Hearthstone?, lamentablemente no lo es, al poco jugar te das cuenta que si no realizas compras de set de cartas no podrás acceder rápidamente a mazos competitivos, siempre esta la opción de jugarlo free to play pero tomará muuuuuuuuuucho tiempo poder tener todas las cartas competitivas.

Existen varios modos de juegos siendo los modos "Casual" y "Ranked" los más populares, además de un sistema de tutorial y mini campañas que obtendrás al comprar las aventuras (expansiones).

Finalmente al ser Hearthstone un juego "free to play / pay to win" recomiendo a todos que lo prueben de forma gratuita y queda en cada uno de ustedes el libre albedrío de pagar por el o no.
  58. A0I
    Apr 12, 2016
    For a casual game, this one makes it alright, having chance to F2P to shine on this, making the fact of paying just a shortcut to get a wider collection with more possibilities. This doesn't mean that a focused F2P can make a goal to make certain deck, dominate it and conquer the ladder, something I already did.

Many negative reviews here come from people who lack the skill to play and

Many negative reviews here come from people who lack the skill to play and the courage to admit they are not good enough to adapt to the shifting metagames, punishing hard the game for something that Blizzard didn't do wrong, and remember that TCGs aren't for everyone, they got a specific niche in a way other games such as Dark Souls saga or the last Super Mario Bros installments have.

Variety of classes with their own specific ways to win and control the board, tons of neutral minions to complete your custom deck, it becomes a cycle of build, play, fail, rebuild, play and fail again until you get a decent deck and the vision of how to play it, which is enough to get wins in this game. Very recommendable, more now that you can play on your phone as well.
  59. Apr 12, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft is a rip off & rigged game the AI bot will know you hand when you play arena or rank games the game is designed to rip you off (DO NOT SPEND YOUR MONEY ON THIS RIP OFF GAME) the people that run the game are greedy & very nasty people trying to make child gamble when the card are all way stack in the house forever (DO NOT LET THEM RIP YOU OFF

DO NOT PAY TO PLAY THIS RIP OFF GAME

THIS GAME SHOULD BE RE NAME RIPSTONE
  60. Apr 7, 2016
    At start, it was a good idea, a decent Free to play game, but, as the game became famous and the cash started to fall from the sky, they throw all away and started to don't care about the FTP players. Or you pay their high price for everything or content yourself with some poor cards. Free to play my @ss.
  61. Mar 29, 2016
    Extremely Pay 2 Win. Do not play Hearthstone unless you plan on investing a lot of money. I have been playing card games my entire life, but sometimes there is literally nothing you can do against stacked decks. I finally called it quits after only my 30th match. In that time I got 19 wins, 3 of which were perfects (pretty dang good if I say so myself), and 11 losses. Only 2 of the lossesExtremely Pay 2 Win. Do not play Hearthstone unless you plan on investing a lot of money. I have been playing card games my entire life, but sometimes there is literally nothing you can do against stacked decks. I finally called it quits after only my 30th match. In that time I got 19 wins, 3 of which were perfects (pretty dang good if I say so myself), and 11 losses. Only 2 of the losses were to "Standard" decks.
    Great graphics and animations for a card game. Great music. Sadly, I would not recommend it to anyone looking to play casually.
  62. Mar 14, 2016
    This game is p2w no doubt about it. With the new patch from March 14, 2016, it seems so different. We had to pay all our money and waste our time with gold just to see our hard work destroyed from Blizzard taking out the Goblins and Gnomes and Naxxramas expansions. Although it's a very fun game as well as competitive, the need for money is necessary to win against other players as well asThis game is p2w no doubt about it. With the new patch from March 14, 2016, it seems so different. We had to pay all our money and waste our time with gold just to see our hard work destroyed from Blizzard taking out the Goblins and Gnomes and Naxxramas expansions. Although it's a very fun game as well as competitive, the need for money is necessary to win against other players as well as solo adventures. Thus, there is no point for buying the packs and adventures unless you want to be ranked number 1 in the game. Recommend playing hard for the gold and play with the expansions that are taken out of Hearthstone. Thanks Blizzard. Expand
  63. Mar 13, 2016
    Easy to get the hang of, hard to master. There are many ways to win or lose. Cards are very balanced, even the Warlock - A class that hurts itself to get stronger(logic!) is surprisingly balanced. Also if you combine certain cards on the table at once, they may be more effective than normal. Even the order you deploy them in may make a difference. That's the sort of thing you don't see inEasy to get the hang of, hard to master. There are many ways to win or lose. Cards are very balanced, even the Warlock - A class that hurts itself to get stronger(logic!) is surprisingly balanced. Also if you combine certain cards on the table at once, they may be more effective than normal. Even the order you deploy them in may make a difference. That's the sort of thing you don't see in other casual-style PvP games like Bloons TD Battles. Expand
  64. Mar 7, 2016
    The game is ok, it's kinda fun at once, specially if you haven't played any card game before, visually it's quite rich and it's great that you can find game in just 5 seconds. However, if you've played other card games before, this adds nothing new and if you didn't start playing at the very beginning it kinda becomes a "pay to win" as you need good cards to be able to rank up and decksThe game is ok, it's kinda fun at once, specially if you haven't played any card game before, visually it's quite rich and it's great that you can find game in just 5 seconds. However, if you've played other card games before, this adds nothing new and if you didn't start playing at the very beginning it kinda becomes a "pay to win" as you need good cards to be able to rank up and decks are too expensive for the cards they give (5 random cards where most of the time 4 of them are basic) Expand
  65. Mar 4, 2016
    Hearthstone can be entertaining, but after only a year they are out of ideas and are introducing power creep which absolutely sucks for casual players. Some of the cards are ridiculously overpowered and of course you can get all those awesome cards much faster when you pay money.
  66. Feb 25, 2016
    Pay to win so its fun at first and then you realize if you want to play more than a few hours you have to pay. It has the posibility to be good, but falls short in the end with numerous balance issues.
  67. Feb 24, 2016
    Very few cards are playable, which leads to monotonous and repetitive gameplay. Also, for some reason both Blizzard and their audience think that this is a TCG and treat is as such. I like to treat it as a videogame, because that's exactly what it is. They don't print cards, you can't trade cards and you shouldn't spend hundreds of dollars for virtual cards that are designed to be bad onVery few cards are playable, which leads to monotonous and repetitive gameplay. Also, for some reason both Blizzard and their audience think that this is a TCG and treat is as such. I like to treat it as a videogame, because that's exactly what it is. They don't print cards, you can't trade cards and you shouldn't spend hundreds of dollars for virtual cards that are designed to be bad on purpose.

When they stop releasing one expansion after the other and instead try to rework some of the existing cards, I might reinstall the game, but I don't think that's ever gonna happen. Blizzard and greed are synonyms it looks like.
  68. Feb 23, 2016
    The critics that wrote reviews for this clearly were paid off by blizzard. First off this game is largely reminiscent of the magic the gathering game made for the PC. Card play like this is nothing new.

None of the characters or anything else is at all original. Every last bit was ripped from world of warcraft. Now for the nail in the coffin, It started off as a fun game and a

Now for the nail in the coffin, It started off as a fun game and a fair game. Now... unless your willing to buy card packs on the regular, you'll spend lots of time losing quickly. Sorry Blizzard but your attempt at a free game has failed. Its a pay to win. We all hate pay to wins.
  69. Jan 29, 2016
    Just amazing,great card game based on wow , every gamer should give it a go , the store offers things that can easily be fund in game do not listen to all those bad comments its just haters!
  70. Jan 23, 2016
    The game is just too RNG dependent. The game features little skill and solemnly lies on who gets the better top decks. Another thing that makes matters worse is the fact that there is a large card pool, and to create an "efficient" deck requires a lot of time to gather the proper cards. This makes the game extremely challenging for new players to get into it.
  71. Jan 17, 2016
    the game is too good but if you don´t play 6 diary hours you will never have good cards and you will lose for ever.
    at least the matchmaking is 7/10
  72. Jan 17, 2016
    Game is good but its pay 2 win. Thode who have most money can buy best cards and those cards are owerpowered and can only be beaten if you buy cards too. I have lost countless times to some idiots who cant othwerwise play but because they have 3 legendary cards in their desks, witch all are only obtainable by buying expansions, I lose to them. So its good but really unfair.
  73. Jan 3, 2016
    As long as cards such as Dr. Boom and Mysterious Challenger exist, this game can not be taken seriously. Hell, even the developer team obviously doesn't care about it since there are such obvious massive imbalances. This could be a great game, but as usual since Activision took over Blizzard, they simply don't put in very much effort into it. There is nothing to talk about as the game hasAs long as cards such as Dr. Boom and Mysterious Challenger exist, this game can not be taken seriously. Hell, even the developer team obviously doesn't care about it since there are such obvious massive imbalances. This could be a great game, but as usual since Activision took over Blizzard, they simply don't put in very much effort into it. There is nothing to talk about as the game has serious balance issues. 0/10 not even a discussion. Expand
  74. Jan 1, 2016
    This game is just absolute crap. It's pay-2-win and game mechanics are really poor. I actually don't know a single good game that was made by Blizzard.
  75. Dec 24, 2015
    Pay 2 Win, completely random unless you have amounts of overpowered cards (that you get from spending your sweet munies on packs). Luck let alone, even if you facerolling your enemy 90% of game, they will then pull this unbalanced legendary card (10/10 drag that will wipe whole your army as battlecry when entering the game, and then rekt you in 2 rounds) and you will taste your sour tears,Pay 2 Win, completely random unless you have amounts of overpowered cards (that you get from spending your sweet munies on packs). Luck let alone, even if you facerolling your enemy 90% of game, they will then pull this unbalanced legendary card (10/10 drag that will wipe whole your army as battlecry when entering the game, and then rekt you in 2 rounds) and you will taste your sour tears, made of pain that inflicted you the **** by blizzard, completely selling every last piece of game balance to everyone, who is willing to milk their wallets to oblivion.

I have 10 hours in and I got to 15 Rank thanks to quite decent deck guide for Mage, but at this point, no matter how clever I am trying to be, trying to predict and take some aspects into consideration I will always get facerolled by someone pulling out these cheesy Legendary/Epic cards and turning tide of battle with 1-2 cards. Sadly for me, I didnt get any epic/legendary from my decks. Thats exactly what blizzard want, they want me to pay a fortune now to get dem cards - gambling like tard for excessive amounts of money.

No thanks.

Art is quite nice tho, interface too. Would give it 8/10, but I definitely cant with this business model that ruins game completely.

Soon this game will fall and no one ever will remember it, as It has no serious competitive potential.
  76. Dec 11, 2015
    After around playing this for 2 years I decided to stop and you will know why. Each new expansion Blizzard brings to keep the "meta" more stronger and unbalance between the classes, so it is impossible you get out of this situation without using the similiar overpowered classes. This new course from Adventure of Explorer's and TGT brings the idea that will never balance the cards andAfter around playing this for 2 years I decided to stop and you will know why. Each new expansion Blizzard brings to keep the "meta" more stronger and unbalance between the classes, so it is impossible you get out of this situation without using the similiar overpowered classes. This new course from Adventure of Explorer's and TGT brings the idea that will never balance the cards and modes, an example of that if you play a 10 paladin mana card you can deal 30 damage in one turn if you get lucky otherwise it deal around 15 damage(check Anyfin Can Happen) this is absurd because you don't have the correct tools or space in your deck to counter that. Finishing my review of this game I would like to compare Hearthstone to a Casino but if you are young and like new adventurer with RNG you can play the game. Expand
  77. Nov 30, 2015
    This game is completly a p2w. I had playing since it lauched, at start it wasn't p2w , but it begins to introduce more and more aventures ($$$$$$$$$$$) ,more and more new booster packs......and with the low rewards its imposible to get all cards if you dont pay....
    I had more than 1500wins and 400 arena wins , i know what im talking about. If you want to start play this game, think before , that you wont be competitive if u dont pay
    Boring of this p2w . They will say to you that it isn't a p2w , ofc not if you play 24hours per day 1 year, if you play normal or casual 1-2hours per day , u wont have good cards for being competitive.
  78. Nov 19, 2015
    Really simple game, but so fun and addictive! There are certainly difficulties when you first start out as a new player, however it's very easy to unlock lots of packs and build a deck early on without having to spend a penny. Of course however, it is entirley pot luck what cards you get, and the game is anything but balanced. Tip: get Dr. Boom ASAP!
  79. Nov 18, 2015
    Worsed game out there sooo bad! purely luck drawn **** game, really only way to win more is to just spend all your money to these asses. srsly this is the worsed game in years from the most selfish **** company in the fackin world.
    Kanker is better than this game 4 real
  80. Nov 8, 2015
    This game is Pay 2 Win, unless you're willing to shell out a couple hundred or you've been playing since release you stand no chance of ever catching up or competing. Sure you can sort of compete by grinding and dusting everything in to the current OP flavor of the month deck but you'll be right back at the beginning once it's nerfed.

PAY 2 WIN, AVOID AVOID AVOID.
  81. Oct 30, 2015
    There's a lot to like about Hearthstone. It's very addictive, fun, and good to play with friends. The only problem is, it is completely Pay 2 Win. If you decide to play this game for free don't expect to win against anybody who's been paying. Don't expect to play competitively. There are normally about three decks which are viable to play and have a good chance of winning, and if you don'tThere's a lot to like about Hearthstone. It's very addictive, fun, and good to play with friends. The only problem is, it is completely Pay 2 Win. If you decide to play this game for free don't expect to win against anybody who's been paying. Don't expect to play competitively. There are normally about three decks which are viable to play and have a good chance of winning, and if you don't have the cards required for them you can either grind losing games for hours and hours or pay up.
    Good game in theory, but like almost every other F2P in existence, a good theory is ruined by need to extract money.
  82. Oct 22, 2015
    Horrible game that is completely unplayable on my brand new android...so I tried it on PC and just wow what a bad pat-to-win game.

If you don't want to pay anything don't play this game.
  83. Oct 18, 2015
    Blizzard fanbois may tell you that this game is deep, full of content, complex and fun. But dont be fooled, the game have nowhere the complexitiy of other card games out there and is simply a RNG fest. Each expansion introduces even more RNG, games are just a flip of the coin. Although, blizzard has pushed out several expansions since release, Blizzard being the stupid fools that they areBlizzard fanbois may tell you that this game is deep, full of content, complex and fun. But dont be fooled, the game have nowhere the complexitiy of other card games out there and is simply a RNG fest. Each expansion introduces even more RNG, games are just a flip of the coin. Although, blizzard has pushed out several expansions since release, Blizzard being the stupid fools that they are refuse to balance the game(a virtual one at that). That means that due to overpowered cards from previous expansions, most newer cards are completely unplayable, of the cards from the latest expansion, the number of cards that are viable can be counted on one hand. Oh and dont let me get started on how overpriced content is in this game. Expand
  84. Oct 18, 2015
    The game is as pay 2 win as it gets. Cards are more expensive than some physical card games and are untradeable and heck, adventures and skins are more expensive than some paid games out there. That really pisses me off because hearthstone is based on the Warcraft franchise and warcraft III was an amazing game. Such a shame that Blizzard has fallen to such low money-grabbing practices.
  85. Oct 12, 2015
    It's easy to describe Hearthstone the same way Blizzard does, fun and simple. It's very easy to learn while the mechanics are also deep and you seem to learn new things all the time. It's fun and easy to play with friends, the classes are unique and the artwork is great too. My negatives are that while it's fun, it can get repetitive, so i recommend Hearthstone in short bursts. TheIt's easy to describe Hearthstone the same way Blizzard does, fun and simple. It's very easy to learn while the mechanics are also deep and you seem to learn new things all the time. It's fun and easy to play with friends, the classes are unique and the artwork is great too. My negatives are that while it's fun, it can get repetitive, so i recommend Hearthstone in short bursts. The expansion prices are ridiculous and it costs a few bucks to get new packs unless you earn them by coins (takes a while) or through daily quests (which those cards aren't even good). So in a way, it IS pay to win. But it is still a fun game to play if you need to kill some time. Expand
  86. Oct 7, 2015
    This is free to play.
    You do not need to ever spend money on the game (you can accumulate in-game gold and make purchases).
    Has the imagination of Magic The Gathering and the inspiration of the other cards games (Yu-Gi-Oh, Vanguard, etc). Note they hired Magic players to advise on the game. Friendly for all ages. It is literally a perfect game. The one downside is, unless you pay
    This is free to play.
    Friendly for all ages.
    It is literally a perfect game.

The one downside is, unless you pay for booster packs, it will take a good amount of time to collect all the cards necessary to become a top player. But that's normal for ANY card game, digital or physical
  87. Oct 6, 2015
    Sorry, but I cannot appreciate a game who's abusing human stupidity.
    Sorry, but I cannot appreciate a game who's abusing human stupidity.
    there is a real card game named MAGIC, that gives the players the opportunity to use approx 70% strategy and 30% luck, on heartstone on the other way, it's 60% luck (not including OP cards) and 40% strategy. over the years human's realized that luck enters more money than strategy, therefor many good strategy games were closed because of there complexity and there ability to serve games which force human's to play tactics and not pray for good cards.

yes, sound and graphics are very nice, but arent they similar to those of a slot machine? the sound uppon choosing a match triggers something on the back of each player, its a one huge slot machine in a huge disguise.

all the good review of this game are consequences of the followed:
    kids or not intellectual enough who played against other players and realized they have to buy many packs/play many games until they will get rare/epic/legendary cards to win.
    they don't realize what's hiding behind the intention of this game, obviously money.
    try not to buy any packs and win someone who bought 10+ packs, its nearly impossible, you must have either 60% luck which gives the other player no luck and or fight against someone's stupid.
  88. Oct 3, 2015
    Easiest game in the world. The game requires nearly no thinking and hardly any skill. It's extremely difficult to be bad at this game, and if hell freezes over and pigs begin to fly and someone is terrible at this game, all they have to do is google a good deck and hope they get lucky with RNG. The RNG in this game is also crap, and making the game require less skill from the little itEasiest game in the world. The game requires nearly no thinking and hardly any skill. It's extremely difficult to be bad at this game, and if hell freezes over and pigs begin to fly and someone is terrible at this game, all they have to do is google a good deck and hope they get lucky with RNG. The RNG in this game is also crap, and making the game require less skill from the little it already needs. Honestly, you would probably have better luck playing poker than playing this game because it is 80% luck, 10 % knowledge, 5 % skill, and 5 % grinding all day. Other than the **** game mechanics and constant grind or pay to win system, the game is good for 5 mins of fun every here and there before you begin to constantly vomit, so I'll rate it as a 2. Expand
  89. Sep 28, 2015
    Im not sure if i just have bad luck or the game is glitched out because i have gone through 12 games so far and every time i get the same 10 cards or so in the begining in a horrible order. both of my +8 health cards in the first 3 turns every single time. Get the cards at the begining, trade away, receive same card. Thats just one example. I have gotten the same 4-5 high cards at theIm not sure if i just have bad luck or the game is glitched out because i have gone through 12 games so far and every time i get the same 10 cards or so in the begining in a horrible order. both of my +8 health cards in the first 3 turns every single time. Get the cards at the begining, trade away, receive same card. Thats just one example. I have gotten the same 4-5 high cards at the begining while there are 10+ cards i have not seen in every single game. All 12 of them. They all, of course, are cards which provide key points to the decks strategy. This is utterly horrendous. 12 games and the same cards, literally. Expand
  90. Sep 25, 2015
    Hearthstone(from now on HS) is a TCG.You can pay for many things like booster, adventures or simply for cosmetics.First of all i have an account where i buy 6 packs every month and one that is pure F2P.Because of that i can say HS is NOT pay to win.HS is pay to accelerate.If you start a pure F2P account you build ONE class first for laddergames and that works just fine.You can even watchHearthstone(from now on HS) is a TCG.You can pay for many things like booster, adventures or simply for cosmetics.First of all i have an account where i buy 6 packs every month and one that is pure F2P.Because of that i can say HS is NOT pay to win.HS is pay to accelerate.If you start a pure F2P account you build ONE class first for laddergames and that works just fine.You can even watch Trump on Youtube right now, hes playing a F2P priest and climbs the ladder like a machine.While he is a pro he plays without money.The problem is that most players are just terrible and need a perfect, premade decklist to play.Of course you have troubles when you are not capable of adapting with your cardpool but that is YOUR OWN FAULT.The F2P modell is really fair i think.You can buy 3-6 packs per week depending on what quests you get or you can play arena.

Lets look into the rest of the game:

Sound:Everything here is ok.Some cards have nice sounds, most not.The music is ok.

Visuals:What do you expect here, its a TCG!The game look ok.

Gameplay:I wont discuss the basic rules, the game is easy to learn and the mechanics(!!) are easy to master too.I think that appeals to a lot of people because games like YGO or Magic are MUCH MUCH MUCH more complicated and you need to know a lot of rules.Maybe the game is too simpel.A big problem is the current state of the game.The people that design the cards must be complete retarded.Whatch some videos on YT for footage from the alpha or beta how broken some cards were back than.Now they fixed most of this **** but if you want to play competetivly you need an "unfair" deck.I talk about secret pala, face-hunter, grim patron warrior and so on.Youll encounter mostly agressive decks while you are most of the time screwed if you play a controldeck.This is a design-flaw in my opinion.You should never get punished that hard if you play a slower deck.You miss turn 1?Too bad, most of the time its already GG in a meta where you need the perfect play most of the time.

That aside Blizzard managed to push the RNG bull**** to next level.Cards like shredder for example.This is e-sports?When you lead BY A LOT and you shredder drops a doomsayer for example?Or the shredder drops an Darnassus aspirant and you lose mana because of that?In my opinion this is bad design.Blizzard is talking about fun.Im sorry, i had never fun when i won or lost a game because of that bull****.

Conclusion:Because of the bad design and not enough expansions(it took me just some weeks to get all the playable cards from the latest expansion on both my accounts) i cant say HS is a good game.Its an okay game with a very very fair F2P modell that is easy to learn.You can have a lot of fun but not just sometimes youll find yourself in a really salty spot because you lost to RNG bull**** or unfair decks/cards.Like i said gamedesign is not a strong point in the HS team.
  91. Sep 22, 2015
    Blizzard lo ha vuelto a hacer. Un juego fácil de jugar y difícil de dominar. Vicio puro. A mí gusto le falta un competitivo más público, con rankings y listas de éxitos por los que alardear.
  92. Sep 2, 2015
    I decided to try this game because a lot of my friends were playing, but this game was extremely disappointing. A lot of the cards that are introduced in each new expansion are cards that have unreliable effects. This ends up leading to a large chunk of cards that are not very viable for competitive play and ranked play ends up being only about 4-5 commonly seen decks with very littleI decided to try this game because a lot of my friends were playing, but this game was extremely disappointing. A lot of the cards that are introduced in each new expansion are cards that have unreliable effects. This ends up leading to a large chunk of cards that are not very viable for competitive play and ranked play ends up being only about 4-5 commonly seen decks with very little variation from one deck to the next. Not only that, but it is near impossible to even build a deck that counters the more commonly seen decks because they have cards that, in junction with 2 or 3 other cards, have the capability of dealing enough damage to kill you from near full health. Ultimately, the majority of constructed deck gameplay ends up being a stall until one player gets his combination of cards that kills the other player. Expand
  93. Aug 25, 2015
    Pay to win at it's finest. Unless you can a ton of cash to throw at this game. You will never get any good cards. Don't get me wrong the game is fun as hell when you play someone who has normal cards. However play someone who has bought 1000s of cards and you are going to get worked.
  94. Aug 22, 2015
    Hearthstone is hands down the best CCG ever made. I love this game.

The quality put into this game is outstanding, the art is beautiful, the animations are great, the voice overs are fabulous, the music is good, everything about the UX is spot on. Blizzard really managed to give this game the AAA treatment and feel. No other CCG come close in that aspect. A lot of people's complaints
    Hearthstone is hands down the best CCG ever made. I love this game.

A lot of people's complaints are that it's pay 2 win, but it's not. That's only a complaint for people who can't stand loosing. There's constantly pro-players who reach the highest rank with starter decks and what not in under a month. You get plenty of decks, if you play your dailies, and the brawl every week, you'll earn between 3 to 5 packs a week. Which is around 15 to 25 cards a week. The game is a CCG, so collecting the cards is fun, and if it gave out too much too soon, would get boring fast. The PvP is also well balanced, everyone should average a 50/50 win/loss rate. This is a perfect balance, and it should happen no matter your cards, because the match making is very smart.

The truth is, the game is amazing, go try it out, give it 3 to 4 weeks, and then decide if you don't like it.
  95. Aug 17, 2015
    pull your head out of your asses blizzard SMH. straight up rage quit. SMH. WoW is taking a huge **** storm too. SMH. I have been literally been playing d2 for the past month. thanks blizz
  96. Aug 17, 2015
    This game isn't p2w, but it's rather pay to compete.

You can play with basic decks (google them) and do fine. Hell, you can even win against some decks with legendaries. But you'll be limited to your cards, which (if you will not start paying for the boosters) will get pretty boring. The chance of win is based on: - deck - 80%. If you're not a pro player, you can use already made
    This game isn't p2w, but it's rather pay to compete.

The chance of win is based on:
    - deck - 80%. If you're not a pro player, you can use already made decks. You can have all epics, but if your deck isn't balanced, you're doomed.
    - rng - 10%. Matchmaking is ridiculous. As far as I know, it's based on K/D ratio - so sometimes you'll get cheap defeats, fighting people with better decks. Starting hand is also vital, but I rarely had times, when I failed just because I didn't get the cards that I needed.
    - actual skill - 10%. The gameplay is pretty simple. But at the same it's disappointing. Because both yours and opponents cards are random - you don't have to plan the game up to the end. When you're making decisions - you focus on the current situation and 2-3 steps ahead.

I liked arena - it's the most 'fair' mode of the game. You and enemy have the same chances. Despite that building deck in the arena is the most random thing in the game.

So I quit the game w/o spending a single dollar. I had some fun, but in the end it was a waste of time.
    Also, if you want to spend money, you must understand, that it doesn't guarantee anything. Even fighting bosses from adventures requires more than just basic cards.
  97. Aug 12, 2015
    The gameplay is fun, the visuals, sounds and matches are enjoyable, tavern brawl brings much needed variation and enjoyment, however, the costly aspect of the game's extremely unforgiving free vs pay model can't be overlooked.

You must pay, or you will suffer at the hands of players who did. I caved and spent over $200 on top of playing for over 500 hours, and I'm still behind the curve. Be warned!

The devs' philosophy on game balance is one of the most atrocious models I've ever seen in the history of gaming: "we won't balance anything, we'll just sell you more new cards." The lead dev, Ben Brode, stated they don't want to fix broken under or overpowered cards, but instead, just introduce new ones, obviously, to keep feeding the cash machine.

This is a solid, great game, mired horribly by it's pay model.
  98. Aug 11, 2015
    Don't be deceived by the free 2 play, if you want to win something or be good and not rage 24/7 then you have to p2w, thast way you rage 20/7, it's cool thinking how the cards interact and such but the RNG in this game it's complete nonsense to a point where no matter how good you or your deck are, it doesn't matter, it all comes down to who have the bigged $$$ Card in hand, you think youDon't be deceived by the free 2 play, if you want to win something or be good and not rage 24/7 then you have to p2w, thast way you rage 20/7, it's cool thinking how the cards interact and such but the RNG in this game it's complete nonsense to a point where no matter how good you or your deck are, it doesn't matter, it all comes down to who have the bigged $$$ Card in hand, you think you got a good deck now? Forget it next patch they will introduce a new and more OP deck, you want it?? OFC you do, then all you gotta do if you are a free player is just spend months playing to get all the cards, while the p2w pros are just gonna buy them and pwn, BUT there's more! Once u have all of them unlocked, they will release new cards! it's a never ending cicle, I give it a 2 for good waste of time when you are bored only arena is worth playing, and even then RNG is a god. Expand
  99. Aug 3, 2015
    Hearthstone, Heroes of Visa.
    If you did not start playing this game back in the beta you are going to have a very difficult time earning your cards in this game.
    Hearthstone, Heroes of Visa.
    I admit the game has it's fun, but as a new player it's very difficult to win unless you throw the buck. And the funny thing is that even throwing the buck wouldn't ensure you win, because the packs are totally random and you can easily get up to 60 packs with no legendary (that is about 60-70$). And even if you do get the legendary, it can be a horrible one. So unless you actually overflow them with $$$ you will likely not be on par with most of the active players.
    All in all this game has a spectacular, but also evil design.
  100. Jul 29, 2015
    Ok so I come from a really grand blizzard past, and I was a beta tester in hearthstone, I really love Blizzard, I love Diablo, Warcraft and Starcraft, I have always been with them since SC1, D1 and WC2, all blizzard games excelled technically in all aspects of gaming, and were top products on their time, every game had a way to improve the market around it and inspire people to do betterOk so I come from a really grand blizzard past, and I was a beta tester in hearthstone, I really love Blizzard, I love Diablo, Warcraft and Starcraft, I have always been with them since SC1, D1 and WC2, all blizzard games excelled technically in all aspects of gaming, and were top products on their time, every game had a way to improve the market around it and inspire people to do better stuff and try to be like Blizzard, but too bad that Hearthstone cam out, a gambling machine that operates on high grinds or loads of money needed, Welcome to "RNG, The Game", where your skill will never matter. This game is about 5% skill or so, and that's what pisses me off the most. If it was more "Magic The Gathering'er" and they didn't spend their resources on more luck based cards on every single expansion, if they researched and put more ways for new players to dive into the game, and improved the free to playesque capabilities of the game, maybe the game could be good, but as of now, I rate it a 3. Expand
  101. Jun 8, 2014
    Although the game has potential, it is ruined by the repulsive business model. It's pay to win (constructed) or pay to play (arena), otherwise your options are to grind endlessly for ridiculously low gold rewards (3.3 gold for a win), or limit playing and wait for the daily quests. The daily quests provide more gold, but they're only once a day and a 40 gold quest is the most common questAlthough the game has potential, it is ruined by the repulsive business model. It's pay to win (constructed) or pay to play (arena), otherwise your options are to grind endlessly for ridiculously low gold rewards (3.3 gold for a win), or limit playing and wait for the daily quests. The daily quests provide more gold, but they're only once a day and a 40 gold quest is the most common quest by far.

The arena is the most fun game mode, but it's expensive to play and too random and luck based (depending on the cards you get draft from). Also, you can get ridiculous streaks like playing several times in a row against the same class and taking the second turn. The arena rewards have also been downgraded. It's very possible get crappy cards and dust as rewards even though performing reasonably well in the arena.

Updated observations:

- The overall balance is pretty bad and Blizzard does little to improve things. In arena and constructed certain classes are clearly better than others.
    - There are few truly viable strategies for each class.
    - At the beginning it's possible to play for a while with basic, common and rare cards, but eventually you'll hit the wall without epic and legendary cards.
    - Unless you invest real money, it takes forever to get the good legendary cards.
    - The more you play Hearthstone, the more you feel like it's another Blizzard grinding game.
    - It's a card game, but you cannot trade the cards with your friends. Absurd.
    - After a while it becomes obvious that the game lacks depth.
    - It's 2014 and there's no chat. All you have is six lousy premade emotes.
    - Statistics are practically non-existent, although they would be useful in this kind of game.
    - Certain UI bugs persist patch after patch.

1. Jul 6, 2014
    When Blizzard announced they were making a digital CCG, we all expected it to look and sound beautiful, and there was little doubt that it would be well-balanced, but I don’t think anyone anticipated this level of sophistication and subtle brilliance.
  2. CD-Action
    Jun 28, 2014
    Simple rules, high production values, low system requirements and huge tactical freedom make Hearthstone one of the best card games available. And if you take into account the free-to-play model – it’s the best one. [05/2014, p.62]
  3. Jun 7, 2014
    A fine example of a great free-to-play game. Hearthstone is not only an addictive and well designed card game, but absolutely fair with gamers that do not wish to spend money on it.