7.4

1. Oct 3, 2012
    Hell Yeah! is appropriately named because that is exactly the response you are going to have after playing about ten minutes of this game. Though it is a platformer and that is usually not my thing, this game had me sucked in for hours before I realized what time it was and had to log off to go to work.
    ******
    If you haven't seen it, check out Totalbiscuit's WTF to see an example of
    the awesome graphic style and dark humor that kept me laughing still 3 hours in. Addictive, fast-paced, with a killer rabbit and an art style that intensifies the humor, this is perhaps the only platformer I would recommend at $15 today.
    ******
    My complaints for this game is that the UI does not work well for mouses with more than 3 buttons (which can be overlooked by not using the other buttons) and that the weapon switch system forces you to go through multiple weapons to find the one you want, which can be irritating in a fast-paced game like this. ******
    Those detractors, however, do not outweigh the fact that this game is in many way simply bad ass.
  2. Oct 10, 2012
    The release of this game is the greatest events since the release of the Earthworm Jim game. Great style and musical background, combined with hurricane gameplay and psychedelic humor. Definitely this game is a masterpiece, need more games such this.
  3. Nov 4, 2012
    Good ideas, funny look but boring gameplay. That's the way I would describe this game. While it has even made me laugh, it isin't all that fun to play. The mini-games get boring due to them being so similiar to each other. The jokes get old quite quickly too. Fortunately there are variations to the platform but it doesn't really help much.

The game also feels to hold the player's hand
    too much. Every time you unlock a new path or anything, the game needs to s....l...o...w...l...y move the camera to the place where something happens. You are forced to read the dialogue even after dying and unfortunely the dialogue also spoils too much about how to defeat the bosses most of the time.

With less hand helding, more variety to mini-games and jokes, the game could be very good. Now it just falls into medicore tier, being remembered about something (Probably due to Total Biscuit's "WTF is..." video) but not something you will come back to. Still, it's a nice try.
  4. Oct 11, 2012
    Let's think, what things platformer must have. First - high difficulty. Game like this must make you play careful and teach you to go through slowly, fight not like a tank. Hell Yeah - too easy to play as I didn't expect from platformer. Second - visual style. Hell yeah have this one, but levels looks same and this kill the only thing I could enjoy. Third - music. Sometimes not bad, but in a whole - **** And from the platformer, like Hell yeah i expect bright humour. And this is terrible mistake Arkedo did. Every joke in the game you can find in another one, like Mortal Kombat, Sonic the Hedgehog, Duck Hunt and others. This scrappy blanket shows that developers have poor fantasy and the game is absolutely secondary. It can only make you cry, not fun. I regret I payed 250 rubles. If you want to play good platformer game - play Rayman Origins. You'll find there everything, you could expect from Hell Yeah, except maybe blood. Expand
  5. Oct 4, 2012
    I wanted very much for this to be a great indie hit, but unfortunately this game suffers greatly from poor design. You are asked to jump around and shoot at enemies but must use the right trigger the right analouge and the A button all at the same time.... Yes I know thats impossible with human hands. Combine that with cheap AI that can hurt you from off screen whilst being invincible, very poorly placed check points, and unskippable dialouge that you will be forced through mulitple times and this title quickly deteriorates. Arkedo's art work and character design are decent to look at unfortunately the game is not fun to play after a very short time. Expand
  6. Oct 3, 2012
    Amazing game! Very funny, minimum repetition in stages and monsters deaths, awsome ambientation and art style. The game is a bit difficult in the beggining, mainly if you use mouse and keyboard,but with some deaths and retry you begin to learn the mechanics os the game.The gameplay flows and it turns challenging and great to play. A must have and a must buy for such a little price.
  7. Aug 6, 2013
    Very fun to play, a wicked cartoony platformer with great graphics, a nice soundtrack and funny characters. Very entertaining, a lot of upgrades and side missions for a very good replay value.
  8. Sep 30, 2013
    Stunning visuals, funny mini bosses, and long play through, sadly it was a little boring, still I enjoyed it.
    Try it out if you love old school shooting games, you won't regret it.
  9. May 10, 2014
    a big bombardment and very explosively joy of a very! good game. I spent a lot of money in many kind of digital rubbish or stuff, which is after less than half hour boring. But this game can be deadly without the blood-pressure pills. It´s even not to hard for a guy over 40 yards (is the 150 now full?) At least the sound, music and graphics are really great to fantastic !
  10. Nov 2, 2012
    Very decent platformer. Reminds me of 1) Jazz Jackrabbit 2) Earthworm Jim games. Too bad it is not really that long, checkpoint system is broken sometimes forcing you to repeat quite lenghty parts and it lacks higher difficulty levels or new game plus modes. On the other hand it has some nice platforming, varied worlds, lots of shooting, pretty 2d graphics and chuckle-worthy humour. Bought it with -50% price drop and I can't say I'm disappointed. Collapse
  11. Nov 3, 2012
    The game is a fun arcade, but you get bored after a few hours of gameplay. Maybe i'm just growing too old for games like this? The game gives a few laughs, a few challenges and a few violently exploding enemies.
  12. Oct 15, 2012
    Game for stupid schoolboys who did not play in normal games. Poor gameplay, run, drill and drive through monsters on his wheel, and sometimes shoot them. Half an hour was enough to understand that the game is boring and uninteresting
  13. Oct 7, 2012
    It's fun while it lasts, but it only took me 6 hours to complete everything and unlock every achievement. Far too easy, completely linear and no replay value.
    Everything that should have added depth fails to do so. "The Island" where all the defeated monsters end up seems pointless and I only ever once got a health boost from it. Not sure why it needed it's own section of the game when it
    doesn't have any purpose. Weapons are also useless, as none of them seem any better than the other for specific situations. I was using the Revolver for pretty much all of the game quite comfortably. including the last boss.

Could have been quite a good game if it had more content and the existing content was more fleshed out.

I'd also like to point out, the controls are not great either. The human thumb cannot operate the right-analog stick AND the A button at the same time!
  14. Jan 5, 2013
    After reading a lot of good things about this game I decided to give it a try and see if it matched up to all the hype..... Pro's 1.It's fun at the start, hell everything is fun AT the start. 2.The graphics are pretty decent Con's 1.Repetitive! So so repetitive! You do the same thing over and over and OVER! they try to mix it up with other things, like mini-games and having you pilot a sub and what not, but the game never changes.
    2.The writing, at first you think it's funny, but then you realize that it gets less and less funny, and as the repetitiveness lowers your 5th grade humor level you laugh less and less.
    3.The weapons, they give you about 8 or 9, but they really don't do anything new, the machine gun shoots lots of low end damage bullets, while the shot gun shoots a very large spread of bullets, I found my self using whatever I had at the moment most of the game.
    4.Clues, more then once I sat there questioning what I was supposed to do, and would get nothing, so I would have to check the net.
    5.Bugs, while I didn't find any but one, it was really an annoying one, when I would alt-tab out something would happen, and when I came back the music would die out, forcing me to restart the game.
    6.The design of the game, while it was supposed to be like metroid it ended up feeling boring and just not creative, I found my self rushing through levels just so I could get to the end boss and finish the damn game.
    7.The combos, while at the start they seem really fun and cool, but there are about 10 that you do, and with over 100 boss's you see them over and over and you're unable to skip them, at the end of the game I couldn't stand watching them.
    8.Story, The start of the story is fun, but like everything else in this game it drags on with out any kind of up date and you end up not caring about anything at all.

All in all I gave this game a 2/10 and not a 0 because it's cheap, and while I really didn't enjoy it someone else might., but I would suggest you wait tell it goes on sale because if you're like me after an hour of playing this you will question if it was even worth it.
  15. Sep 17, 2013
    This game is an abomination. The reason you continue to play through games is because they typically offer a series of rewards. While you can change hats, weapons, and skins for your "Wheel of Death," it all falls flat because the main focus of this game is spectacle. Ok music coupled with a messy background and constant movement of EVERYTHING make what you can and can't interact with a nebulous area; while odd hit-boxes and unskippable dialogue make the game infuriating. It can't decide if it wants you to slog through it all with a vast reservoir of health, or just instantly kill you with a slight misstep. I found the game to be infuriating as you can't do really anything without it stopping to zoom in on something, starting a conversation that usually amounts to drivel, or forcing you into a minigame that gives you a second to figure out the rules or instantly fails you. There was a huge amount of care that went into the animation and characters, but reused "boss" death animations and aesthetic changes that yield no impact detracted even from that. The quirky style and the death animations are REALLY the only thing different about this game, but some of them are odd in that they have no connection to the minigame you played for the animation to play and then they start to repeat. The story might as well not exist and the writing is on par with any Saturday morning cartoon that's on before the show you really want to watch.
    If you're looking for a platformer, there are free ones that are better than this.
    If you're looking for flashy action, Bayonetta is great.
    If you're looking for something that might put you in a coma with how amazingly uninspired the game is, I wholeheartedly recommend Hell Yeah.
  16. Nov 2, 2012

Schizophrenic, old-school platform-euphoria… and everything that goes with that. [November 2012]
  2. Jan 27, 2013
    Hell Yeah would've worked much better if it were a comic book or an animated movie. It is eye-catching and crazy just to the right degree, but, alas, so primitive as a game.
  3. Nov 29, 2012
    Cool graphics are the biggest strength of this modest platformer, because its gameplay is repetitive and essentially primitive. [CD-Action 13/2012, p.79]