Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit PC

7.4

1. Nov 4, 2012
    Good ideas, funny look but boring gameplay. That's the way I would describe this game. While it has even made me laugh, it isin't all that fun to play. The mini-games get boring due to them being so similiar to each other. The jokes get old quite quickly too. Fortunately there are variations to the platform but it doesn't really help much.

The game also feels to hold the player's hand

The game also feels to hold the player's hand too much. Every time you unlock a new path or anything, the game needs to s....l...o...w...l...y move the camera to the place where something happens. You are forced to read the dialogue even after dying and unfortunely the dialogue also spoils too much about how to defeat the bosses most of the time.

With less hand helding, more variety to mini-games and jokes, the game could be very good. Now it just falls into medicore tier, being remembered about something (Probably due to Total Biscuit's "WTF is..." video) but not something you will come back to. Still, it's a nice try.
  2. Nov 2, 2012
    Very decent platformer. Reminds me of 1) Jazz Jackrabbit 2) Earthworm Jim games. Too bad it is not really that long, checkpoint system is broken sometimes forcing you to repeat quite lenghty parts and it lacks higher difficulty levels or new game plus modes. On the other hand it has some nice platforming, varied worlds, lots of shooting, pretty 2d graphics and chuckle-worthy humour. BoughtVery decent platformer. Reminds me of 1) Jazz Jackrabbit 2) Earthworm Jim games. Too bad it is not really that long, checkpoint system is broken sometimes forcing you to repeat quite lenghty parts and it lacks higher difficulty levels or new game plus modes. On the other hand it has some nice platforming, varied worlds, lots of shooting, pretty 2d graphics and chuckle-worthy humour. Bought it with -50% price drop and I can't say I'm disappointed. Expand
  3. Nov 3, 2012
    The game is a fun arcade, but you get bored after a few hours of gameplay. Maybe i'm just growing too old for games like this? The game gives a few laughs, a few challenges and a few violently exploding enemies.
  4. Oct 7, 2012
    It's fun while it lasts, but it only took me 6 hours to complete everything and unlock every achievement. Far too easy, completely linear and no replay value.
    Everything that should have added depth fails to do so. "The Island" where all the defeated monsters end up seems pointless and I only ever once got a health boost from it. Not sure why it needed it's own section of the game when it doesn't have any purpose. Weapons are also useless, as none of them seem any better than the other for specific situations. I was using the Revolver for pretty much all of the game quite comfortably. including the last boss.

Could have been quite a good game if it had more content and the existing content was more fleshed out.

I'd also like to point out, the controls are not great either. The human thumb cannot operate the right-analog stick AND the A button at the same time!
  5. Nov 4, 2012

The game also feels to hold the player's hand

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 6, 2013
    Schizophrenic, old-school platform-euphoria… and everything that goes with that. [November 2012]
  2. Jan 27, 2013
    Hell Yeah would've worked much better if it were a comic book or an animated movie. It is eye-catching and crazy just to the right degree, but, alas, so primitive as a game.
  3. CD-Action
    Nov 29, 2012
    Cool graphics are the biggest strength of this modest platformer, because its gameplay is repetitive and essentially primitive. [CD-Action 13/2012, p.79]