7.4

1. Oct 4, 2012
    I wanted very much for this to be a great indie hit, but unfortunately this game suffers greatly from poor design. You are asked to jump around and shoot at enemies but must use the right trigger the right analouge and the A button all at the same time.... Yes I know thats impossible with human hands. Combine that with cheap AI that can hurt you from off screen whilst being invincible, very poorly placed check points, and unskippable dialouge that you will be forced through mulitple times and this title quickly deteriorates. Arkedo's art work and character design are decent to look at unfortunately the game is not fun to play after a very short time. Expand
  2. Oct 11, 2012
    Let's think, what things platformer must have. First - high difficulty. Game like this must make you play careful and teach you to go through slowly, fight not like a tank. Hell Yeah - too easy to play as I didn't expect from platformer. Second - visual style. Hell yeah have this one, but levels looks same and this kill the only thing I could enjoy. Third - music. Sometimes not bad, but in a whole - **** And from the platformer, like Hell yeah i expect bright humour. And this is terrible mistake Arkedo did. Every joke in the game you can find in another one, like Mortal Kombat, Sonic the Hedgehog, Duck Hunt and others. This scrappy blanket shows that developers have poor fantasy and the game is absolutely secondary. It can only make you cry, not fun. I regret I payed 250 rubles. If you want to play good platformer game - play Rayman Origins. You'll find there everything, you could expect from Hell Yeah, except maybe blood. Expand
  3. Oct 15, 2012
    Game for stupid schoolboys who did not play in normal games. Poor gameplay, run, drill and drive through monsters on his wheel, and sometimes shoot them. Half an hour was enough to understand that the game is boring and uninteresting
  4. Jan 5, 2013
    After reading a lot of good things about this game I decided to give it a try and see if it matched up to all the hype..... Pro's 1.It's fun at the start, hell everything is fun AT the start. 2.The graphics are pretty decent Con's 1.Repetitive! So so repetitive! You do the same thing over and over and OVER! they try to mix it up with other things, like mini-games and having you pilot a sub and what not, but the game never changes.
    2.The writing, at first you think it's funny, but then you realize that it gets less and less funny, and as the repetitiveness lowers your 5th grade humor level you laugh less and less.
    3.The weapons, they give you about 8 or 9, but they really don't do anything new, the machine gun shoots lots of low end damage bullets, while the shot gun shoots a very large spread of bullets, I found my self using whatever I had at the moment most of the game.
    4.Clues, more then once I sat there questioning what I was supposed to do, and would get nothing, so I would have to check the net.
    5.Bugs, while I didn't find any but one, it was really an annoying one, when I would alt-tab out something would happen, and when I came back the music would die out, forcing me to restart the game.
    6.The design of the game, while it was supposed to be like metroid it ended up feeling boring and just not creative, I found my self rushing through levels just so I could get to the end boss and finish the damn game.
    7.The combos, while at the start they seem really fun and cool, but there are about 10 that you do, and with over 100 boss's you see them over and over and you're unable to skip them, at the end of the game I couldn't stand watching them.
    8.Story, The start of the story is fun, but like everything else in this game it drags on with out any kind of up date and you end up not caring about anything at all.

All in all I gave this game a 2/10 and not a 0 because it's cheap, and while I really didn't enjoy it someone else might., but I would suggest you wait tell it goes on sale because if you're like me after an hour of playing this you will question if it was even worth it.
  5. Sep 17, 2013
    This game is an abomination. The reason you continue to play through games is because they typically offer a series of rewards. While you can change hats, weapons, and skins for your "Wheel of Death," it all falls flat because the main focus of this game is spectacle. Ok music coupled with a messy background and constant movement of EVERYTHING make what you can and can't interact with a nebulous area; while odd hit-boxes and unskippable dialogue make the game infuriating. It can't decide if it wants you to slog through it all with a vast reservoir of health, or just instantly kill you with a slight misstep. I found the game to be infuriating as you can't do really anything without it stopping to zoom in on something, starting a conversation that usually amounts to drivel, or forcing you into a minigame that gives you a second to figure out the rules or instantly fails you. There was a huge amount of care that went into the animation and characters, but reused "boss" death animations and aesthetic changes that yield no impact detracted even from that. The quirky style and the death animations are REALLY the only thing different about this game, but some of them are odd in that they have no connection to the minigame you played for the animation to play and then they start to repeat. The story might as well not exist and the writing is on par with any Saturday morning cartoon that's on before the show you really want to watch.
    If you're looking for a platformer, there are free ones that are better than this.
    If you're looking for flashy action, Bayonetta is great.
    If you're looking for something that might put you in a coma with how amazingly uninspired the game is, I wholeheartedly recommend Hell Yeah.
  6. Jan 5, 2013

Schizophrenic, old-school platform-euphoria… and everything that goes with that. [November 2012]
  2. Jan 27, 2013
    Hell Yeah would've worked much better if it were a comic book or an animated movie. It is eye-catching and crazy just to the right degree, but, alas, so primitive as a game.
  3. Nov 29, 2012
    Cool graphics are the biggest strength of this modest platformer, because its gameplay is repetitive and essentially primitive. [CD-Action 13/2012, p.79]