• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Feb 24, 2005
5.5

1. Nov 25, 2010
    While this game has no real resemblance to current Settlers games or previous ones, If you view the game as its own and not as a part of a series, you will find it to be a fun, if a bit slow, RTS game. Even if you wish to build your city and not be attacked unless you want to be, theres a mission for it. I myself found this game very enjoyable.
  2. Feb 11, 2011
    Not quite as bad as people make out, but not good enough to be considered a decent strategy game. Building up a city on the peaceful no fighting map is quite fun, but to play the game properly the main thing you do is look for resources, not fight battles. Worth getting if all you like doing is building up cities, although there is an irritating lack of walls to build.
  3. Jul 26, 2012
    First of all, it's not Settlers. I don't know why were the developers replaced the Settlers gameplay with this, because it's not so good. The campaign is boring. Very boring. The skirmish is worse. There is no AI. Yes, you read it good. There is no AI. I played on a skirmish map for nearly 1 and a half hour and then I discovered that the enemy is standing and doing nothing (like Patrick Star). Anyway the economic system is a failure too. The workers (I think they are slaves, because they don't need beds to sleep or food to eat, maybe they are aliens) are gathering resources too slow, terribly slow. This thing makes the game horribly boring. Maybe watching the wall for 2 hours is more exciting. To say something good, the graphics are pretty good. But it's not enough, because the gameplay is bad and the whole game is way too boring. A bad game, don't buy it! Expand

1. If you felt "Warcraft III" had lost some appeal due to the shift from city building to more direct fighting, then The Settlers - Heritage of Kings is the game for you. It is a tad more oriented to the management side and has a couple more upgrading and research options than the Blizzard title, so you might enjoy the base building and upgrading.
  2. Settlers is far from awful, it's just mind-numbingly dull. Which is far, far worse.
  3. If you want your strategy to lean toward "SimCity"-style social engineering, then look no further than Heritage of Kings.