Hero Academy PC

6.2

1. Dec 2, 2012
    It's like chess, but each team has their own focus/playstyle. You can buy extra teams as DLC, but the default team is arguably the best team given that it has a very nice balance between offense/defense capabilities. All the DLC teams truly feel like sidegrades instead of upgrades. In terms of what they can improve, I really think they should add enemy AI so we're not stuck playing withIt's like chess, but each team has their own focus/playstyle. You can buy extra teams as DLC, but the default team is arguably the best team given that it has a very nice balance between offense/defense capabilities. All the DLC teams truly feel like sidegrades instead of upgrades. In terms of what they can improve, I really think they should add enemy AI so we're not stuck playing with complete strangers who may not make a move for days or weeks. I have personally been guilty of that myself. The other thing is, the UI is not very user-friendly so that can also use a lot of improvement. Overall, it's a fun game and it seems to be well balance, but it suffers from a few execution problems Expand
  2. Nov 24, 2012
    Interesting concept with poor implantation of multi-player aspects. Solo gameplay consists of nothing more then "puzzles" that require you to clear the board within a number of moves. Online, multi-player game play is more like a version of RPG Chess, unfortunately the multi-player control is handled very poorly and you can be left waiting days for a player to make a move.

1. Nov 16, 2012
    Hero Academy on PC might not be totally necessary, but it remains a great bit of asynchronous warfare. What it boils down to is the best of strategy gaming- a title that's light and welcoming for players who want a quick tactical fix, and also an involved, sometimes hellishly meticulous war of wits and attrition.
  2. Oct 1, 2012
    Might, magic, and machine guns make Hero Academy a real treat.
  3. Sep 7, 2012
    A lightweight distraction, but adding a competitive ladder or some more singleplayer content would've been welcome.