6.0

1. Nov 24, 2012
    Interesting concept with poor implantation of multi-player aspects. Solo gameplay consists of nothing more then "puzzles" that require you to clear the board within a number of moves. Online, multi-player game play is more like a version of RPG Chess, unfortunately the multi-player control is handled very poorly and you can be left waiting days for a player to make a move.
  2. Sep 24, 2012
    I would give it a 10/10, but having to wait a month for the opponent to make a god damn move just kills any fun i could have here. Otherwise its great.
  3. Jan 22, 2014
    This is a cross between starcraft and scrabble. Its the best version of a modern day chess I've ever seen. I tried every other title which claimed to be the "ultimate turned based strategy game"and probably gave up midway through 2013 accepting this as the best since I have so many of my friends loving this game too. Its very well balanced with its array of 6 teams: the teams are veryThis is a cross between starcraft and scrabble. Its the best version of a modern day chess I've ever seen. I tried every other title which claimed to be the "ultimate turned based strategy game"and probably gave up midway through 2013 accepting this as the best since I have so many of my friends loving this game too. Its very well balanced with its array of 6 teams: the teams are very diverse with a unique theme that really distinguishes itself, each with beautifully animated powers and abilities yet, the winning ratio for the teams is the same. If you some competitive friends who like turn based strategy, it does not get better than this. Introduced this game to about 20 of my friends throughout 2012 and 2013, and we've all been playing ever since. Challenge me if your interested in learning the ropes: sevenstyx. Prevents me from getting any work done for almost two and a half years lol come to think of it this game is awful. Expand
  4. Oct 3, 2014
    this is probably the worst game ever created in a history of PC gameing and real sign what a joke Steam has become for even allowing this abomination to be there.
    You CA NOT run this game in full screen mode/! there is no volume slider?! Graphics options? None! Also there is no trun time limit so your opponet can just stop playing and the game does not end. the game is a complete and total joke.
  5. Dec 2, 2012
    It's like chess, but each team has their own focus/playstyle. You can buy extra teams as DLC, but the default team is arguably the best team given that it has a very nice balance between offense/defense capabilities. All the DLC teams truly feel like sidegrades instead of upgrades. In terms of what they can improve, I really think they should add enemy AI so we're not stuck playing withIt's like chess, but each team has their own focus/playstyle. You can buy extra teams as DLC, but the default team is arguably the best team given that it has a very nice balance between offense/defense capabilities. All the DLC teams truly feel like sidegrades instead of upgrades. In terms of what they can improve, I really think they should add enemy AI so we're not stuck playing with complete strangers who may not make a move for days or weeks. I have personally been guilty of that myself. The other thing is, the UI is not very user-friendly so that can also use a lot of improvement. Overall, it's a fun game and it seems to be well balance, but it suffers from a few execution problems Expand
  6. Jan 12, 2013
    I am not having any fun with the game at all, There is no option on the game for full screen. the game play is slow for turns and I had to wait for days for someone to take their turn. Poorly made game by all means. Starting Characters are lame Team Fortress. Just a way to get you to buy the extra character models at $3.99 is off the wall crazy. This game sucks and should be free, if youI am not having any fun with the game at all, There is no option on the game for full screen. the game play is slow for turns and I had to wait for days for someone to take their turn. Poorly made game by all means. Starting Characters are lame Team Fortress. Just a way to get you to buy the extra character models at $3.99 is off the wall crazy. This game sucks and should be free, if you are looking to spend money and days maybe weeks on one game and have the person your in a challenge use the undo button for that long your stressing yourself out with this game play. TOTAL GARBAGE! Expand
  7. Dec 31, 2012
    This game was originally made for iOS and thus able to play against users from both iOS/Steam. When playing multiplayer, games can take weeks (or months I suppose! I stopped playing, but I can imagine so). This is the nature of this chess-like cross platform game; it is excruciating! The lack of a single player campaign, or even a simple custom game mode vs AI with varying difficulty,This game was originally made for iOS and thus able to play against users from both iOS/Steam. When playing multiplayer, games can take weeks (or months I suppose! I stopped playing, but I can imagine so). This is the nature of this chess-like cross platform game; it is excruciating! The lack of a single player campaign, or even a simple custom game mode vs AI with varying difficulty, would have easily deserved your time and money. However, personally, I find this game unplayable due to long wait times between turns. Some people recommended playing several dozen games simultaneously , thus always "having something to do", but that's just not my style. I'd prefer to concentrate on one intense battle with immediate input/response/outcome. Expand
  8. Apr 21, 2013
    This game is executed perfectly. It is a small turn based strategy game with a lot of depth and really awesome presentation. I'm having sooooo much fun with it. For the $5 price tag, it is well worth it. DLC teams are also very worth it. If you like turn based strategy games, you will love this. Get it now!
  9. Nov 17, 2012
    I love this game. The game play is great, everything about it is really great. Strongly recommend it to everyone. A lot of people are complaining about the long waits but i dont really see it as much of a problem if you take into account most other app style games.
  10. Aug 17, 2012
    I love this game, its great that you are now able to play against your IOS friends through STEAM. It plays just as well as the IOS version as I've had no hiccups on my machine. Its still fun and entertaining. No complaints here..the interface could use a small update, noone wants to see a list of all the finished games. Looks like they added it just to fill in real estate.
  11. Apr 28, 2013
    this games pretty fun and addictive. whenever i want to goof off for 5 minutes i just fire it up; challenges are fun if it isn't your turn, and you can always find a random opponent. the only gripe i have is the lack of full screen mode, and my netbook can't play it because of the lower resolution. plus i'm not forced to buy the other tribes b/c all the tribes are pretty well balanced.
  12. Apr 9, 2014
    This game looks bad overall. It doesn't auto-fit to the size of your screen, so this means that if your monitor isn't big enough, a big portion of the game will be cut off. This makes for a poor gaming experience. Not worth my money.
  13. Nov 15, 2012
    This game is just terrible because of the ridiculous time it takes for enemies to make their move. Apart from this horrid problem there are also ridiculously overpowered units who tend to wreck in the game. I wish I could give it a higher mark but its just terrible
  14. Apr 20, 2013
    Android version promised. Never delivered. If you do not attend to your examination, you fail the test.
  15. Mar 12, 2013
    There goes $5 and 1 hour of my time that I will never get back. I should have taken the time to read more reviews but figured I'd trust the decent metascore of 75. I see people giving this 8-10 points and that could only mean a few things: you are high off your ass and really bad at math; you just crawled out of a cave where you have been living for the past 20 years; or you are high offThere goes $5 and 1 hour of my time that I will never get back. I should have taken the time to read more reviews but figured I'd trust the decent metascore of 75. I see people giving this 8-10 points and that could only mean a few things: you are high off your ass and really bad at math; you just crawled out of a cave where you have been living for the past 20 years; or you are high off your ass from smoking guano in the cave where you have been living for the past 20 years. Expand

1. Nov 16, 2012
    Hero Academy on PC might not be totally necessary, but it remains a great bit of asynchronous warfare. What it boils down to is the best of strategy gaming- a title that's light and welcoming for players who want a quick tactical fix, and also an involved, sometimes hellishly meticulous war of wits and attrition.
  2. Oct 1, 2012
    Might, magic, and machine guns make Hero Academy a real treat.
  3. Sep 7, 2012
    A lightweight distraction, but adding a competitive ladder or some more singleplayer content would've been welcome.