• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: May 23, 2006
7.9

1. Jan 20, 2013
    It's 2013 so you can get this game complete with the expansions for cheap. It needs the expansions (particularly tribes from the east) to make it a decent game, but it is a REALLy good version of HoMM after the disaster that was HoMM IV.

I loved HoMM III and played it for hours, but this version has actually made me love the series again. I'm only writing this now as HoMM VI is utterly useless so they just can't quite get the formula right every time!

Either way, I think that fans of fantasy games or (like me) fans of turn based strategy games will love this. It's got great graphics, awesome music and plenty of variety to keep you entertained.
  2. May 22, 2012
    I have played all the heroes of might and magic games since Heroes 2 and I ahve to say, this game truly is fun and feels like those games I used to love as a kid. I have had a lot of fun with this game, and its price is really good. I recomend it to anyone, including those hardcore Heroes 3 players :)! Have fun!
  3. Jul 31, 2012
    I should say that I've never played any other game of this franchise before (demo of the first Heroes doesn't count), and I absolutely love this game: its gameplay is addictive, art direction and design are amazing: units, cities and heroes look pretty good if you are not trying to guess of how many polygons each model contains. With the last patch it is the way better balanced game thanI should say that I've never played any other game of this franchise before (demo of the first Heroes doesn't count), and I absolutely love this game: its gameplay is addictive, art direction and design are amazing: units, cities and heroes look pretty good if you are not trying to guess of how many polygons each model contains. With the last patch it is the way better balanced game than Heroes VI. Can't say the same about previous games. Expand
  4. Sep 4, 2013
    I absolutely love this game, it looks great, fighting system is awesome, the only reason for not giving it a 10 is because the quests are often sort of the same and because the ultimate skill is nearly impossible to get. I have finished this game several times and I have never succeeded in getting the ultimate skill.
  5. Nov 13, 2012
    This is one of the most addicting games I have ever played. Turn-based RPG, this game will suck your time away. I play it during class when I get bored and find myself looking for more time in the day to finish a game. The downsides to the game are core issues - if you get attacked by someone whose army is dramatically larger than yours, there is literally nothing you can do- you will loseThis is one of the most addicting games I have ever played. Turn-based RPG, this game will suck your time away. I play it during class when I get bored and find myself looking for more time in the day to finish a game. The downsides to the game are core issues - if you get attacked by someone whose army is dramatically larger than yours, there is literally nothing you can do- you will lose the game. This means that there are rarely any 'close' games. By the end of the game, one player is clearly dominating everyone else. That being said, it is fun to build up your massive army and rofl-stomp everyone else :) Expand
  6. Apr 9, 2013
    In some ways even better legendanoy 3 part series in general a great game that can be safely recommended to all fans and fans of intellectual games.
  7. Aug 8, 2014
    Definitely the best in the series. First one to have actually decent graphics, good storyline and - oh my god, the soundtrack was just amazing! You have more options of leveling up than in previous games, but not as complicated as in HoMM 6. I just love the design of the creatures, and there's enough types in each faction, i think more than in any Heroes game before or after. The combatDefinitely the best in the series. First one to have actually decent graphics, good storyline and - oh my god, the soundtrack was just amazing! You have more options of leveling up than in previous games, but not as complicated as in HoMM 6. I just love the design of the creatures, and there's enough types in each faction, i think more than in any Heroes game before or after. The combat system is very comfortable, and different unique abilities of factions, heroes and creatures and obstacles located on the battlefield make the battle a very strategic experience. There are lots of maps for multiplayer, with different sizes and layouts, wich enable you to play with your friends or family for months or even years. I wish I could rate it 11/10, but for now I have to end at 10/10. Expand

1. You simply have to have the willingness to learn and give this game a chance. If you do this, you will be rewarded with an amazing strategy experience.
  2. The biggest failing of Heroes V, which you can almost anticipate from its emphasis on looking so good, is that it's stingy with information.
  3. Skeptical Heroes fans, as well as anyone looking for a fun, long-lasting turn-based strategy game, will likely be pleasantly surprised by this one.