Hitman: Absolution PC

7.0

1. Oct 30, 2016
    A good if not too casual stealth game. Wasnt a Hitman fan before this game, only tried very first game and Blood Money for short amount of time but never finished them.

Absolution was overall a fairly enjoyable experience for me. PC version is very well optimized and looks pretty nice on higher settings. Great voice acting and cinematic cutscenes. Whole narrative plays out like an action movie. Tho you cant escape the fact that game feels way too linear overall, with smaller san box levels put in between that try to even it up.

In gameplay terms i felt game was bit too casual and hand holding on lower difficulty settings, had to turn it all the way up to disable the x ray vision, enemy path showing crap. Then the game can give a decent challenge and not treat you like a moron. AI a lot of times was pretty stupid and oblivious, like seeing one of their own killed and not giving much of a crap and carrying on. Gunplay this time was done pretty well compared to what i recall was in Blood $$$.

If you like Hitman theres not really much of a choice these days, you get either this or that epeisodic BS. Also a good game for casual stealth fans but if youre the most hardcore stealth guy, you might wanna look somewhere else.
  2. Jul 18, 2016
    Ever play a game that just drips with high production values and class, but you still don't like it? That's how I feel about Hitman: Absolution. I realize that it's something plenty of people will enjoy. I just didn't. Do I think it's worth picking up? Sure, if it's on sale. And you're bored.

If that sounds like I'm getting ready to drop some grade-A hate, I'm not. At least, I don't want to. There is so much about Hitman: Absolution that just reeks of care and attention. The graphics are amazing. Not necessarily a reason to buy a game, but they are. The voice acting is superb (Keith Carradine and Powers Boothe? Hell yes!). The soundtrack works incredibly well, giving an almost Bond-esque ambiance without ever getting too loud. While some levels are occasionally re-used, there are a lot of different locations and settings. And as far as the story goes, I felt incredibly close to Agent 47 (he's quite sympathetic, despite his stoicism). Sneaking from cover to cover feels fluid and natural. Weapons are deadly (headshots are a breeze with the Silverballers).

So what's my problem?
    Most of the levels are claustrophobic (the opening Chinatown level and the cornfield level are exceptions). The paths through the levels are restrictive. And some levels don't even bother to hide their linearity (final rooftop level, among many others). There's no way to level-up Agent 47. Upgrades are unlocked based upon how high of a score you received upon completing a mission. But the points system clearly favors a specific path – even penalizing for non-target knockouts. I was never a fan of the Assassin's Creed games' “full synchonization” mechanic either, but this just ticked me off. There is no loadout customization; you start every mission with choke-wire and (after you unlock them) the Silverballers. Other weapons are acquired by finding them or picking them up from dead enemies – but it doesn't matter, because you'll be back to the piano wire and Silverballers once the next mission starts.

Disguises are actually not a problem; there are plenty of them around. Using them is sometimes strange, though. If planning to ghost through a police station, DON'T try to use a police uniform as a disguise. Why? Because if a cop gets too close to you, he'll detect that you're not a real policeman. Makes sense, I suppose. But in a level crawling with police, disguising as a police officer becomes a questionable strategy – which seems counter-intuitive to me. Much better to knock out a homeless person and take his disguise, since the officers won't detect you. But then, dressed as a homeless person, you won't be able to enter restricted areas without attracting attention anyway. Several times I just lost patience and started taking innocent people out to facilitate progress – and several times got embroiled in a full-on gun battle. Which actually wasn't that bad. If you're careful, 47 has a ton of health, and headshots are 1-hit kills. Add in the deadly Instinct combat mode, which has elements of the VATS system from Fallout, and 47 becomes an absolute wrecking ball of death.

There were some great moments, though. Ghosting through the flaming warehouse while troopers searched the premises was a thrill. Heading deeper underground through a mining facility with guards everywhere was a delicate game of cat-and-mouse. And trying to take out three henchmen in Chinatown with throngs of people everywhere was easily the most enjoyment I had. Somehow I thought every level would feature that amount of variety and detail, and I'm disappointed that (to me) it didn't. Hitman: Absolution is polished and does what it sets out to do, but ultimately it's only a mediocre game that is sprinkled with some great levels.
  3. Jul 10, 2016
    Buena historia, divertido, interesante de completar al 100%,buenos gráficos, la jugabilidad lo mismo de siempre. Un poco corto y se hace pesado a la larga, pero es un muy buen juego para pasarse una vez y dejarlo.Vale su precio en ofertas realmente por su poca cantidad de contenido.
  4. Jul 4, 2016
    Even though I really liked the shiny graphics (shouldn't have been fooled), the okay story and the missions, what made me give this one a bad score was seeing how the series was dumbed down with this one. People who played a Hitman game for the first time with this one might think this game was awesome, but as someone who have played the Hitman games before this one and had his *** bleedEven though I really liked the shiny graphics (shouldn't have been fooled), the okay story and the missions, what made me give this one a bad score was seeing how the series was dumbed down with this one. People who played a Hitman game for the first time with this one might think this game was awesome, but as someone who have played the Hitman games before this one and had his *** bleed to get a mission done, it just makes me sad how this series became something for more casual players out there. Don't get me wrong, this is absolutely (pun?) not a bad game but remember the times when there were no checkpoints, no "instinct" (absolute **** and an insult to the series), we were able to choose our starting equipment ourselves, no grading system and overall a much more challenging game? Yeah, I miss those times too. I am not even going to mention the "multiplayer". Don't ever talk about that in public. Expand
  5. May 29, 2016
    Just because it's not as good as older Hitman games that doesn't mean it's a bad game. All the negative reviews make me sick, quite frankly. I had a fun time with this game and beat it in 2 days only because I was a run and gunner most of the time on easy difficulty. My games library is too big to take the time to be constantly stealthy during my playthrough, however it was still a funJust because it's not as good as older Hitman games that doesn't mean it's a bad game. All the negative reviews make me sick, quite frankly. I had a fun time with this game and beat it in 2 days only because I was a run and gunner most of the time on easy difficulty. My games library is too big to take the time to be constantly stealthy during my playthrough, however it was still a fun experience. Graphics were nice even for a 4 year old game. Voice acting was pretty good. Story wasn't great, but it's Hitman. Expand
  6. Mar 7, 2016
    When i first played it when i came out, i was very very disapointed. dident feel like hitman at all
    But i started 2 days ago to play it again, this time in purist mode and i gotta say i appreciate the game so much more now.
    Dont know if it is couse of purist but it is actually a pretty good game once you get used to the mechanics
  7. Mar 3, 2016
    At first I thought this was awful game, but during the game I started to like it. Even that I am very annoyed that even in the first Hitman game, when you had a sniper you needed a case to carry it. And once you put it together, only way to to "hide" it was to throw it away. Now you can put the big sniper rifle into your pocket.. hocus pocus. There are few other things that ruins theAt first I thought this was awful game, but during the game I started to like it. Even that I am very annoyed that even in the first Hitman game, when you had a sniper you needed a case to carry it. And once you put it together, only way to to "hide" it was to throw it away. Now you can put the big sniper rifle into your pocket.. hocus pocus. There are few other things that ruins the immersion, but others didn't mind me so much. I liked the mission very much, and they were very well designed and I played most of the missions many times. After all very decent game. Not a flawless diamond, but good. Expand
  8. Feb 8, 2016
    Hitman is packed with so many levels that you will never get tired of replaying certain sequences. Gameplay is also really good, although you must be open-minded to a new Hitman experience. Still, I thoroughly enjoyed Hitman: Absolution and can recommend it to anyone. For future hitmans: there is never enough dark humor :)
  9. Dec 30, 2015
    The reason why hitman games used to be great despite obvious flaws is because the game didn't shove its story and long cutscenes down your throat.It was just you doing your job and figuring out the plot mattered only in the end. Instead in absolution we got a hollywood style hitman who somehow has developed feelings.The plot is so cliche not to mention the most annoying characters I'veThe reason why hitman games used to be great despite obvious flaws is because the game didn't shove its story and long cutscenes down your throat.It was just you doing your job and figuring out the plot mattered only in the end. Instead in absolution we got a hollywood style hitman who somehow has developed feelings.The plot is so cliche not to mention the most annoying characters I've ever seen in a game. I wouldve enjoyed this game if it was Jason Statham and not hitman.

Gameplay is decent but in-game achievements ruins everything by not letting you figure out the multiple ways to kill your target yourself.
  10. Dec 17, 2015
    Gameplay : 6
    Graphics : 7
    Story : 7
    Sound : 8
    Overall : 7
  11. Nov 20, 2015
    They ripped the soul out of Agent 47....this no longer feels like a Hitman game. You could easily take Sam Fisher from Blacklist and insert him into this world and call it Splinter Cell Absolution, and there would be no discernible difference, because this franchise has been razed by corporate greed and the lust for profit. As a result, saves are completely gone and replaced by dreadedThey ripped the soul out of Agent 47....this no longer feels like a Hitman game. You could easily take Sam Fisher from Blacklist and insert him into this world and call it Splinter Cell Absolution, and there would be no discernible difference, because this franchise has been razed by corporate greed and the lust for profit. As a result, saves are completely gone and replaced by dreaded checkpoints, so sometimes you must re-attempt the entire level after being spotted. You cannot choose your gear and/or purchase upgrades and you cannot walk among the crowd freely without arousing suspicion...and that is what kills the game and makes it feel like a generic stealth romp. Some of the signature kills are fun and humorous (ice cream truck - Lenny), but they are shrouded by frustration due to the broken stealth system.....the environments are sometimes very constricted yet there are a plethora of enemies littered on the map, so good luck trying not to get spotted. With the inclusion of instinct, I don't know what they were hoping to accomplish...and player actions which were available in the stealth genre a decade before this game was released, like whistling or knocking on walls to arouse suspicion, aren't included?? The game design here also makes you wonder, because little things like being spotted with a full face mask covering your entire head and head and having the enemy start **** in their pants with sadist blood-lust in their veins upon spotting you makes no logical sense. I urge anyone who hasn't played this to stay away. How many more franchises must be ruined to appeal to the Call of Duty ADHD generation? Assassins Creed, Thief, Mass Effect, Sim City, Batman, Dragon Age, SW: battlefront, fallout, hitman, battlefield, Need for speed, tony hawks, Resident Evil, Splinter Cell, The Sims...the list goes on. Expand
  12. Oct 29, 2015
    A good story with some great characters and humour, but gameplay is a bit mixed - rigid stealth mechanics with an arcade/consolitis feel. Sometimes you get detected for something that you would get away with in real life and vice-versa. Confusingly, enemy eyesight is matched to their torso instead of the direction their face is looking towards. The challenge is annoyingly increasedA good story with some great characters and humour, but gameplay is a bit mixed - rigid stealth mechanics with an arcade/consolitis feel. Sometimes you get detected for something that you would get away with in real life and vice-versa. Confusingly, enemy eyesight is matched to their torso instead of the direction their face is looking towards. The challenge is annoyingly increased artificially by over-populating levels with guards. To get past them you take things slowly and memorise their pre-defined patrol routes - which can get a bit tedious. The mechanics have a “puzzle game” feel to them. There is little room for improvisation. At least you can always go the guns blazing route if stealth gets too annoying. The gameplay does offer good replayability though, if you want to improve your score for each level and beat the scores of your friends.

Levels are on the small side and too linear, but many have nice detail and feel very alive with huge crowds of AI. Some also have funny things and some great easter-eggs. On a technical level though, the graphics are just average (aimed at xbox360 limitations). levels also take unreasonably long to load.

The control scheme feels a bit cumbersome. Shooting mechanics are acceptable, but melee combat is poor - clumsy and harsh quick time events that break the flow of the action. The screen FOV is low by desktop standards. The lack of frequent checkpoints or a manual save system can be annoying if you slip up and have to start from the beginning of a level. Also, your gear and outfit are not saved between levels. Even worse, if you reload a checkpoint, some enemies are alive that you killed before reaching that checkpoint.

So, gameplay is arguably not quite as good as in Blood Money, but I did find the story in Absolution much more entertaining. Other than some minor issues like very slow loading levels, a few bugs and glitches (once an AI spotting me through a floor), the game runs stable.

Overall it is a decent game to get when on sale.
  13. Sep 8, 2015
    I have tried very hard to like this game. I tried every options, this game gives the player but the only one what was usefull for me was to find a good position and kill everyone from there. this game makes everthing wrong what a game can make. in some parts you have to play like you wont play. In other parts you feel like this game wants to kidding you because evertything you do to beI have tried very hard to like this game. I tried every options, this game gives the player but the only one what was usefull for me was to find a good position and kill everyone from there. this game makes everthing wrong what a game can make. in some parts you have to play like you wont play. In other parts you feel like this game wants to kidding you because evertything you do to be stealthy wont work. so you can say : ok lets take a big gun and rush this **** but it isnt that easy. You know ****ty quicktime battle events? yeah in this game you have a situation where you have to fight and after 80 cinematics, if you fail, you can start from beginning and watch the crappy cinematics with bad voice acting and animations again and again. This game feels like the developers think, players are the dumbest idiots in the universe. seriously HO likes quicktime events? Or pressing a button fast as you can to break something? I asked friends if they like elements like this and everyone answered : no. No one likes quicktime events so why the fuk developers still think in 2015 this is an good idea? Expand
  14. Aug 31, 2015
    Don’t bother.

I really enjoyed the Hitman series on the PS2 and I was excited when I got this game. However, the terrible gameplay and AI assassinated any enjoyment I could have. The story is pretty lame, but that’s fine with me. I can live with that as that is not the reason I would play a Hitman game. Sure the graphics are great, but what does it matter when the gameplay stinks.
    Don’t bother.

The story is pretty lame, but that’s fine with me. I can live with that as that is not the reason I would play a Hitman game. Sure the graphics are great, but what does it matter when the gameplay stinks. The controls for the PC version of this are downright just bad. It is just another bad console port. Probably the most irritating part was actually the lack of freedom of what you wanted to do. In previous Hitman games you could find unique ways to complete your objective. Here, there are MULTIPLE times where the game will not let you dress in a disguise to get pass some guards or blend in. It’s like certain characters that would make things easier or logical are off limits because the developers want you to complete the mission some other way. To me that is not what the Hitman games were about. Additionally, there are huge AI problems here. You have like 50 police officers searching a building for a guy and somehow everybody knows everybody. If you get too close or walk too fast even in disguise, uh oh! That must be him because everybody knows everyone! Just so many things that make no sense.

I made it to about 10 hours in and thought to myself why I am playing this terrible game. Time to uninstall.

Save your money and avoid.
  15. Aug 19, 2015
    For those who complain that ''it's not the same as the originals'' I tell say this: Splinter Cell Conviction. I was a huge fan of the old SC games, and I enjoyed SCC as well. Just because the developers decided to go down a different path for the game does not mean that it's a bad game. The game itself is a very enjoyable stealth-action mix that has a decent story; in fact it has the bestFor those who complain that ''it's not the same as the originals'' I tell say this: Splinter Cell Conviction. I was a huge fan of the old SC games, and I enjoyed SCC as well. Just because the developers decided to go down a different path for the game does not mean that it's a bad game. The game itself is a very enjoyable stealth-action mix that has a decent story; in fact it has the best story out of all the Hitman games I would argue.

Play it, but don't go into it expecting it to be like the previous games.
  16. May 23, 2015
    This game was an improvement from blood money
    The graphics was amazing and the A.I was pretty smart
    I love the choices that you could make for killing enemies
    Overall, good game
  17. May 15, 2015
  18. Apr 16, 2015
    Yes, sadly the game is not a new Blood Money experience, we can all agree on that one. But you have to be blind not to see that this is a pureblood Hitman game, with modern gameplay mechanics, plus amazing graphics.

There are still plenty ways to finish off a mission, stealth is implemented good and AI is above average. New aim system however, is irrelevant to a hardcore Hitman player like myself :)

I am giving it a 9 because the story could offer more. I don't know what but... more...
  19. Mar 31, 2015
    After Blood Money, which was a great comeback for the series, my expectations were high for number 5. Hitman: Absolution, unfortunately is more of an interactive movie than a hitman game. The graphics are impressive, but they come at a high price. The design is more colorfull and less stylish compared to the original games. It takes away from the atmosphere and makes everything lessAfter Blood Money, which was a great comeback for the series, my expectations were high for number 5. Hitman: Absolution, unfortunately is more of an interactive movie than a hitman game. The graphics are impressive, but they come at a high price. The design is more colorfull and less stylish compared to the original games. It takes away from the atmosphere and makes everything less convincing. Levels are cut up in different sections with checkpoints and autosave. This is for me a capital crime. In the old Hitman games you had to plan your entry, the hit and your escape. If something went wrong, you had to improvise to make it out alive. Doing this, you could go back and foreward at will. Checkpoints destroy this game mechanic and the suspense it generated.

Few of the missions were actually interesting, "attack of the saints" with the cornfield being one of the exceptions. That was probably the highlight in this mediocre game. For my taste, this game brought too much flash to Hitman, while not capturing enough of the essence.
  20. Mar 11, 2015
    Although the maps are way more smaller than the previus games of Hitman, there are too many ways to complete the objective now. This would reflect to my review as a -1, as I believe that both making a big map and having many ways to complete the objective could've been accomplished.
    Something that bugged me a lot about the game was 47's ability to conceal large weapons. None of this nonsense has been made in the previous games and it added a challenge of trying to bring the large weapon back undetected. As this bugged me a lot, it would reflect as a -2
    Another thing that bugged me very often and very much was the dialouges. No, not the in game dialouges, the cutsene dialouges. I can't be the only one that hated how they all sounded like some action movie trailers:
    - I need the information.
    - Well, that's my bussiness, information! You need information, I find information.
    - And a price of course
    (Cliche scary bass sound enters after the bass cello in the background)
    - You're damn right in the price!
    I would like to write all of the action movie trailer like cutscenes but onfortunatelty MetaCritic allows only 5000 characters.
    This thing made me hate the game a lot and made me want to just skip all the cutscenes and sacrifice all the storyline, but from what I have read, no one really saw or got irritated by this. Despite I would like to give this a easily a -3, the fact that no one got disturbed by this would decrease the reflection on the game by -1

What I really loved about the game was the "contracts" and the "absolution". I loved the way that there are now unlimited possible objectives in a map. I know that the maps will bore the player after a time afterall, but I'm sure this feature made the game a lot more fun for the most of the players. This would reflect as a +2 to the review score.
  21. Mar 8, 2015
    Maybe it's a good game. I don't know because I uninstalled the game after I had to to restart it three times and each time having my save games deleted. According to the various threads I read, this is relatively frequent for an issue of that importance. So the developers knew they had the bug, shipped the game anyway and didn't bother to fix it afterward. The only "solution" apparently isMaybe it's a good game. I don't know because I uninstalled the game after I had to to restart it three times and each time having my save games deleted. According to the various threads I read, this is relatively frequent for an issue of that importance. So the developers knew they had the bug, shipped the game anyway and didn't bother to fix it afterward. The only "solution" apparently is to save your saves somewhere else which is of course total BS. Just don't buy it. Expand
  22. Jan 27, 2015
    If you liked Blood money and bought this game as many did because Hitman Blood-Money was just a top shelf hitman game, Only to be presented with some form of Linear choiceless rail driven drivel story that side tracked combat and cutscenes and presented you with a wonderful 0 HITS

This is just like the Tomb Raider Reboot these newer developers should just stop and please PLEASE either get a job in something else or KILL THEM SELVES.
  23. Nov 10, 2014
    First of all, the main character is male which is terrble and unrelatable, who wants to be a stinky overemotional male? If that wasn't bad enough, at multiple points in the story the game forces you to kill sex workers for no reason. Do not recommend.
  24. Oct 29, 2014
    Hitman series has taken a low blow to the lower intestinal region, this is nothing like the brilliant Blood Money game and prior games.

If you are a classic Hitman fan, you may want to avoid this game. The first fish market mission was great, you have the usual hitman style gameplay in a sandboxed area, then everything goes haywire. It turns into a linear storyline, classic hitman

If you are a classic Hitman fan, you may want to avoid this game.

The first fish market mission was great, you have the usual hitman style gameplay in a sandboxed area, then everything goes haywire. It turns into a linear storyline, classic hitman elements are thrown out the window, it turns into a linear Max Payne style game.

Not good. This is not the Hitman we know.
    Stopped playing after 3-4 missions.

Attempting to play the game while ignoring the fact that it is a hitman game failed.
    At a basic level it simply doesn't deliver, not sure what the devs were trying to accomplish but it just doesn't work.

For the love of Hitman... bring back the classic Hitman style sandbox gameplay, don't try to be an emotional linear action FPS... it simply doesn't work with this franchise.

25. Oct 10, 2014
    This is a Must Have as a Stealth Lover. Simple as that. It looks awesome, the surrounding is awesome, the music is awesome, all the different ways to approach every mission are awesome.

Mathematical!
  26. Oct 4, 2014
    A much dynamic version of previous Hitmans. But actually it hurts the game a little. More levels can be more dynamic but, it's also making it repetitive. How many times have you said something like, "Oh **** do I have to run down those guys again?". I said a lot.

Another thing is, the AI. Yes the AI is much more clever, but a gain they are blind. I don't know how would us play this game if they weren't, I simply don't care this a lot.

The checkpoint system is **** By far the worst feature of the game. Why can't you save like older Hitman games man, it's just, full retard. I killed or strangled all those pricks and they respawn after the checkpoint? What is the point of the checkpoint then.

The new score system is a lackluster. Not needed, thanks.

There are some good features like cover changing, instincts (for n00bs), environmental weapons... You can actually kill a man using a ****ing bong! Awesome. But because of the score system, kills count negative, so...

Do I have to say that it has a surprising ending? This is Hitman game ffs.

Too bad that this requires much less effort to solve. Even my dog can, and I don't even have a dog.
  27. Sep 13, 2014
    Surprisingly excellent addition to the Hitman series. I loved original Hitman back in 2000, especially the tension from big stealth missions that you couldn't save and every single mistake was fatal. Extremely disappointed with Hitman 2 where you could suddenly save and all the tension was gone, so I abandoned the series and got back after 12 years. Happy to see that our 47 is back in topSurprisingly excellent addition to the Hitman series. I loved original Hitman back in 2000, especially the tension from big stealth missions that you couldn't save and every single mistake was fatal. Extremely disappointed with Hitman 2 where you could suddenly save and all the tension was gone, so I abandoned the series and got back after 12 years. Happy to see that our 47 is back in top form. Checkpoint system is a nice compromise, so the tension is still there, but the frustration of repeating entire missions when things go wrong is not so painful. Visually it's beautiful, really good looking engine that runs smoothly, fantastic crowds, rich colors, details, really good controls. Melee fights are kinda lackluster with QT button mashing, but that's not what Hitman is here for anyway, this is about stealth, about being unseen, about moving like a cat in the midst of the enemy territory and silencing the unwanted targets. I loved it, played new Thief recently and even though that's supposed to be primarily even more focused on stealth, I was enjoying Absolution stealth mechanics more. Good old disguise system is here, but this time, they can recognize you if you have the same outfit as them, kinda logical, but also kinda annoying. Loving the environmental opportunities in this game. Absolution is not as exotic as previous games that were all around the world, this feels more like a retro USA road trip, but it's good, it feels compact and more focused to that and there is still pretty good amount of variation here, sometimes even reminiscent of the past - Chinatown, bar, hotel, etc. Story was a bit monotonous, in the vein of get the girl, almost got her, oops, someone else took her, so let's get her again somewhere else and so on, but it was still presented in a nice almost cinematic feel and I really liked the experience overall. 9/10 Expand
  28. Aug 16, 2014
    this game is simply awesome. since i started playing it i loved it. i played every hitman exept the third one, so i was expecting it to be equal to blood money but with other levels. i was very surprised to know it was different, and i was glad. I didnt want a game i already played with better graphics and new levels, i wanted something fresh and new. Some people say its too easy becausethis game is simply awesome. since i started playing it i loved it. i played every hitman exept the third one, so i was expecting it to be equal to blood money but with other levels. i was very surprised to know it was different, and i was glad. I didnt want a game i already played with better graphics and new levels, i wanted something fresh and new. Some people say its too easy because you always know where to go, those people are playing it on easy and normal. Real hitman players would play it on hard or purist. If you never played a hitman before, I recommend hard, if you have played a hitman before, play on purist. Expand
  29. Aug 11, 2014
    Really boring and disappointing after two years of pubs and all these stuff and no matter how years of work. Very unpleasant and doesn't worth even to talk about. There's no fun in playing this, it can only gives headaches. When I watched gameplay videos I thought: Wow, really impressive. Hitman 2 is miles better than this crap. Even though this game worth a 7 on score, but I won't give itReally boring and disappointing after two years of pubs and all these stuff and no matter how years of work. Very unpleasant and doesn't worth even to talk about. There's no fun in playing this, it can only gives headaches. When I watched gameplay videos I thought: Wow, really impressive. Hitman 2 is miles better than this crap. Even though this game worth a 7 on score, but I won't give it after all this long expectation. Expand
  30. Aug 6, 2014
    Once again Square Enix ruin a classic pc franchise in order to cater to 12 year old console gamers. I've been a fan of this series since it began and I used to love that they progressively improved it as it went along. Now its a different game. Tiny, linear levels and pointless achievements to try and increase re playability. There were no achievements in the early games and I must haveOnce again Square Enix ruin a classic pc franchise in order to cater to 12 year old console gamers. I've been a fan of this series since it began and I used to love that they progressively improved it as it went along. Now its a different game. Tiny, linear levels and pointless achievements to try and increase re playability. There were no achievements in the early games and I must have played some of those levels a hundred times over (Traditions of the Trade anyone?), for no other reason than they were beautifully designed and thought out. After this, Thief, and to a lesser extent Deus Ex, Square Enix need to have a serious think about who they have in overall control of the direction their games are going. Genuinely saddened that such a classic series has ceased to be. Expand
  31. Jul 31, 2014
    Game is masterpiece in every aspect, from story to gameplay. Far better than previous "Blood Money". Bots are smarter. Also you can pretend to surrender & other interesting stuff, like creating your own contracts for your friends, or doing your friend's contracts. I enjoyed every mission, from beginning to the end. Graphics are also very good for 2012. In short, Very well made game.
  32. Jul 30, 2014
    People who didn't like "Blood Money" seem to like "Absolution". Need I say more?

Extreme linear missions without any planning-phase! No more weapon-upgrades or loadout-selection (!), A braindead "disguise"-system that forces you to "sneak" and crawl like a kid who watched too much spy-movies. Quick-Time-Event-Fighting. (You've read right: numb quick-time-event-fights! The cancer of

Extreme linear missions without any planning-phase!
    No more weapon-upgrades or loadout-selection (!),
    Quick-Time-Event-Fighting. (You've read right: numb quick-time-event-fights! The cancer of modern gaming dumbed down even further.)

No more cool mission-score-system like in Blood money.
    Instead you have to bare with a "High-score-system" that pops up stupiditly in your face while you are midst a mission.

All of it is wrapped up in a pathetic and illogical story.

Don't buy this shiny garbage and don't belive any of the high ratings!
  33. Jul 29, 2014
    After 6 years without a new game in the series, Hitman fans were waiting for this and hoping it would be great. I was one of those as I got it day one and was disappointed at how much it changed in those years of development from good to bad. There is no link between the games in the story or any part of the game itself. It is hard to give this game a bad review because of its greatAfter 6 years without a new game in the series, Hitman fans were waiting for this and hoping it would be great. I was one of those as I got it day one and was disappointed at how much it changed in those years of development from good to bad. There is no link between the games in the story or any part of the game itself. It is hard to give this game a bad review because of its great predecessors but there is a major change from the series going backwards as this game had small maps, terrible AI, bad game mechanics (so that there is always a few ways to kill and complete the mission just they are all basically the same) and also the contracts mode which failed poorly because yes in the past players have challenged each other to become the better assassin. But this game was too bad that no one really tried to compete because it can all be done the same way. This was a bad turn in the series and I hope the new game will revive the great Hitman series. Expand
  34. Jul 16, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a fun, action packed stealth game. The graphics are amazing, the crowds are stunning and the people are so lifelike. I loved the story line to this game, and the bad-assery in this game was amazing. This game is built around this one person, Victoria who is basically a lab experiment who is a bad ass kid. The agency and a douche named "Dexter" both want her. Agent 47 must protect her. The game was great, the only problem I had was the amount of swearing, but I suppose it is a 18+ game. I would defiantly recommend, and you can kill your enemies in many crafty ways. Expand
  35. Jul 1, 2014
    It's not exactly like previous Hitman games, but it is still true enough to the series and fun in its own right to be a good game. Not great, but worth the sale price. SCORE: 80/100.

Graphics are like most Squeenix games are now: amazing (Tomb Raider, Hitman Absolution, Deus Ex, Sleeping Dogs - they nail it HARD). Played on ULTRA at 1600p and it's a beast. It taxes the ASUS 290x even more than Tomb Raider, but I don't think it looks any better, so maybe not optimized as well. Regardless, stunning.

It is a bit more closed-in and linear but not linear in the way a platformer is or anything. Still multiple ways to solve objectives.

They have already said the next one will be true to form. Update this already beautiful engine, make it open world, and bam, perfect Hitman.
  36. Jun 27, 2014
    This game was an improvement from blood money
    The graphics was amazing and the A.I was pretty smart
    I love the choices that you could make for killing enemies
    Overall, good game
  37. Jun 21, 2014
    I've loved all of the Hitman games, and I just don't see why people are so critical about this. The *character* of 47, the feel of the game, and everything story was there in spades. The gameplay was awesome. Just because they made the game itself fairly different is nothing in comparison to how incredibly *cinematic* they made everything. This game is an absolute must play. Don'tI've loved all of the Hitman games, and I just don't see why people are so critical about this. The *character* of 47, the feel of the game, and everything story was there in spades. The gameplay was awesome. Just because they made the game itself fairly different is nothing in comparison to how incredibly *cinematic* they made everything. This game is an absolute must play. Don't believe the doubters! Expand
  38. Jun 20, 2014
    The game so god damn linear. Compared to blood money this is so bad.All they had to do was improve on blood money! . I want to walk around and finding a way to kill a target not being told exactly where to go...Whats the point in that. Plus 47 is way too close up to the screen
  39. Jun 14, 2014
    Absolution did the cardinal sin of any 'stealth' game and made running in all guns blazing too easy. Even on the hardest difficulty this game is most of the time easier to complete if you roll from cover to cover and shoot everybody you see. This is made even easier with the help of the new instinct meter which makes me think if I'm actually playing Hitman. The costumes (which were once aAbsolution did the cardinal sin of any 'stealth' game and made running in all guns blazing too easy. Even on the hardest difficulty this game is most of the time easier to complete if you roll from cover to cover and shoot everybody you see. This is made even easier with the help of the new instinct meter which makes me think if I'm actually playing Hitman. The costumes (which were once a vital part of this series) are completely broken and, once again, this pushes you towards the action side. The levels are linear too, which is an extremely stupid move made by the developers and they become uninteresting after a short time.

On saying that, this game can actually work well as a cover shooter and nothing is quite as satisfying as watching Agent 47 clear a room in slow motion with the instinct meter. The game has some awesome graphics as well, even if the map design isn't so good.

I wouldn't recommend this game but if you are a hardcore Hitman fan you may want to pick it up just in case the story carries over to the next game.
  40. May 27, 2014
    Mit is kéne mondani a 47-esről? Szerintem NEM kaptuk meg a régi hitman érzést azt hogy úgy oldod meg a pályákat ahogy akarod. Se a zenéket, Se a hangulatot.. Itt ott még saját magából is poént csinál a játék. A karakter viszont iszonyatosan el van találva, a játék menet úgy szintén (előző részekhez nem viszonyítva) DE ez nem Hitman játék szerintem.. Jó próbálkozás, de nem, ez nem az aMit is kéne mondani a 47-esről? Szerintem NEM kaptuk meg a régi hitman érzést azt hogy úgy oldod meg a pályákat ahogy akarod. Se a zenéket, Se a hangulatot.. Itt ott még saját magából is poént csinál a játék. A karakter viszont iszonyatosan el van találva, a játék menet úgy szintén (előző részekhez nem viszonyítva) DE ez nem Hitman játék szerintem.. Jó próbálkozás, de nem, ez nem az a játék már. Talán egyszer visszakapjuk... Expand
  41. May 12, 2014
    Game looks fantastic. But alas I played for 20 min and was disgusted with the game play. It could possibly be my own fault. I played this right after Dark Souls and Fall Out 3.
  42. Apr 19, 2014
    Absolution is a great hitman game but it is no blood money 2.the graphics are really amazing.The challeges give this game the replayability like blood money.overall a great game.
  43. Mar 29, 2014
    Hitman: Absolution is the absolute direct successor to Blood Money, with enhanced mechanics and much-improved graphics (Tons of lens flare).

I really don't understand the mainstream hate on this game, i've completed the storyline (warning: isn't really that great) like any person around the world. Which means it is possible, but probably a little challenging at times, depending on the difficulty you are playing on.

Really recommend getting the Hitman franchise if you want to feel like a complete badass, Blood Money and Absolution did not disappoint me, at all.

Area(s) to improve on:

- Perfect, or Better Story-telling
    - Pretty flawed A.I Behavior

Improving on 2 of these issues (the might be more that i've mistakenly excluded from this list) could result in more people actually willing to finish the game and decrease the amount of retries, which can be god-awful during some levels.

UPDATE (29/1): After hearing from the recent news disclosures of Hitman 6 from IO interactive, i was very pumped! Go IO Interactive!!
  44. Mar 18, 2014
    In short: awwww man, they broke it. Frustrating game because it has so much potential. The graphics feel smooth and the mechanics are better than ever but they removed all planning, thinking and stealth (actual stealth - welcome to cover-based running). You still have different approaches but you can't plan any of them and often have to choose one at random because the consequences areIn short: awwww man, they broke it. Frustrating game because it has so much potential. The graphics feel smooth and the mechanics are better than ever but they removed all planning, thinking and stealth (actual stealth - welcome to cover-based running). You still have different approaches but you can't plan any of them and often have to choose one at random because the consequences are unclear. In one mission you can choose to disguise yourself as an electrician or try to sneak in around the back but you have no way of knowing what the difference is so you choose randomly. You can't bring your own weapons or gear either, so the game comes up with the most stupid excuses to place sniper rifles and other useful things on site for you to find. It doesn't make sense.

The world feels alive and each character has their own story, which is cool, but in the end your role is merely that of a spectator and not a protagonist. You're there to watch in awe how cool the world looks, not to play in it. Such a shame - great potential, awful execution.
  45. Mar 8, 2014
    I will admit I was not a fan at first. I enjoyed the first two levels, with the King Of Chinatown being brilliantly designed to introduce you to the variety of killing options in this game. However, it was missions 3-6 that really turned me off to the game. Luckily, after writing my previous mixed review, I pushed on, and I'm so glad I did. The gameplay really picks up after that, as doesI will admit I was not a fan at first. I enjoyed the first two levels, with the King Of Chinatown being brilliantly designed to introduce you to the variety of killing options in this game. However, it was missions 3-6 that really turned me off to the game. Luckily, after writing my previous mixed review, I pushed on, and I'm so glad I did. The gameplay really picks up after that, as does the story. Once you tame the beast that is the stealth engine, missions open up, remaining just as challenging but becoming LESS frustrating. The disguise system starts to work better with the opening up of levels, as do the other mechanics. Weapons are fun. Stealth is fun. Tools and mechanics are just so satisfyingly FUN! Great game. Not much I can complain about, besides the mission 3-6 stretch. Expand
  46. Mar 2, 2014
    Hitman is unique, this game has something that I never found in other game... Maybe absolution is far to be the best hitman, but is a hitman and it has the same spark that is so hard to find in others games... one advice? Play this game in purist difficulty and enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed it, lose yourself in the game, the environment in hitman let you do that.. that is hitman.. OfHitman is unique, this game has something that I never found in other game... Maybe absolution is far to be the best hitman, but is a hitman and it has the same spark that is so hard to find in others games... one advice? Play this game in purist difficulty and enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed it, lose yourself in the game, the environment in hitman let you do that.. that is hitman.. Of course now I'm already waiting for the next game of this amazing saga. Expand
  47. Feb 28, 2014
    나는 이게임을 정말재미있게했다.
    멋진 액션과 좋은 그래픽과 정말 최고의게임이라고 생각한다.
    타격감도 좋다.battlefield4보다 재미있게 했다.
    플레이타임도 길고 정말 재미있다.
  48. Feb 19, 2014
    Despite the same decent levels of gameplay you are used to with Hitman this one feels lacking in cohesion. The missions seem like cookie cutter stuff spliced with cut scenes to hurriedly push along the story. The end is also FAR from an "Absolution"
  49. Feb 13, 2014
    What a horrible waste of time and disk space.

Horrible game mechanics, horribly linear, horrible story that is boring and makes no sense, every single boss kill is incredibly anticlimactic, this game is absolutely horrible, from beginning to end.

Not to mention misleading the consumer by releasing trailers and demos that have almost nothing to do with the actual game.
  50. Feb 11, 2014
    "I wish this was more linear." "I wish they got rid of the targets or killed more of them in cut scenes." "I wish I had no control over the weapons I use each level." "I hate this."

If you've ever found yourself wondering one of these things while playing any previous Hitman game then you have just found your game of the year. Congrats. So jelly.
  51. Jan 17, 2014
    -The game isn't made by the same devs
    -Bad Story / Cliche Characters
    -James Seth Lynch -Adam Jensen's DLC -Abusive use of swears. -Bad "Over-the-shoulder" view. -No Map -Stupid Instinct that Holds your hand -Absurdly Small and divided levels/On rails -Checkpoint save system/On rails -Broken Disguise System -Painfull Cover System -Stupid and useless scoring system -Can't close
    -The game isn't made by the same devs
    -Bad Story / Cliche Characters
    -James Seth Lynch
    -Adam Jensen's DLC
    -Abusive use of swears.
    -Bad "Over-the-shoulder" view.
    -No Map
    -Stupid Instinct that Holds your hand
    -Absurdly Small and divided levels/On rails
    -Checkpoint save system/On rails
    -Broken Disguise System
    -Painfull Cover System
    -Stupid and useless scoring system
    -Can't close doors
    -Stupid scripted cutscenes
    -Stupid "One of a Kind" mission
    -Stupid Gun Game to get your ballers back
    -Garbage Bins everywhere

-Total disregard by the compagny for the real fans

+Nice Graphics/Animations
    +Nice voice acting
    +Dragging corps with the fiber wire

(-The game isn't made by the same devs)
    That says a lot. Nothing more to say about this.

(-Bad Story/Cliche Characters)
    The story isn't that bad. The problem is that it was obviously made for a Movie, not a game.
    They made a good 3D movie and butchered it with bad gameplay. The Story broke the gameplay of the whole franchise so in the end, it's worst than better.
    Most protagonists and antagonists simply doesn't fit well in the Hitman lore and feels absurde. (Blake, Birdie, Sanchez, Sexy Nuns...)
    All that comes with the devs team changing and the AAA title mash-up in a lot of ways.
    Heck, I would say that they mashed-up AAA game Titles with AAA movie titles.

(-James Seth Lynch)
    The proof that Absolutio Devs cares more about kayne & Lynch than Hitman.

(-Adam Jensen's DLC)
    Another Proof with J.S. Lynch that the game is a big and bad AAA titles mash-up.

(-Abusive use of swears.)
    It's not that big of a deal, but the first time we encounter Blake Dexter, he says the "F" word 12 times.
    (-Bad "Over-the-shoulder" view.) Every other Hitman games were TPS and weren't using this bad and stupid POV that block Half your screen. H2:SA was on console so it's not a matter of "consolisation" but a matter of dumbing down everything for the CoD/Mass Effect/Etc audience. Obviously. (-No map / Instinct / Small levels / Checkpoint system / ) There wouldn't be any Checkpoint save system if it was a real Hitman game. And as many said, when they reload back to a checkpoint, every enemies are back and put you in bad situations. The save system is broken. The whole game is broken. Everytime something is changed to the worst, it brings something else down with it. Instinct because No Map No Map Because the levels are small Checkpoints because the level are small again. In overall, the level design is crap. (-Stupid and useless scoring system) Makes you feel punished for trying to have fun. (-Can't close doors/No look through keyholes/Turn on switch) Why? Because of bad AI scripting and bad level design, again, probably! (-No weapon selection) Even if 47 isn't with the agency anymore, what exactly stops 47 from having his weapons from the last level. As 47, If I wasn't with the agency anymore, I would dig myself a hole and make my own stach of items. (-No Sniper Case/Magic pockets) Something that was there since the very first hitman game has been removed for no good reason. (-Quick time events) Casualisation. (-Can't kill most targets) What's the point of being a Hitman if you don,t kill your targets? There's none. (-Escaping levels) Again, am I supposed to feel like a hitman or something? Because it doesn't feel like it. (-Stupid cutscenes / "One of a Kind" mission) The "One of a kind" mission let you play something that should've been a cutscene while Target kills are done within cutscenes. This is plain and simply stupid. (-Stupid Gun Game to get your ballers back) Bad gameplay design, bad story line. (-Garbage Bins everywhere) Obviously, it's for the casual no-brainers with one cell in the brain. Unable to hide a body if there isn't 50 garbage bin around you. (-Total disregard by the compagny for the real fans) Trying to milk a franchise isn't a good way to please the fans. At all. The game is bad as a stealth game and is even worst as an Hitman game. It's a total disrespect to the fans. 47 is dead and trolls dance on his corps. A sad time for loyal Hitman fans.
  52. Jan 16, 2014
    Hitman: Absolution took its time to be released.

The gameplay seemed dull and linear, especially with the lack of planning potential and almost no content from the previous games. The abilities that Agent 47 gains are nice (movement prediction of the hostiles + an enhanced aim then shoot mode), however i get mixed feelings about the disguises. In some environments, you can blend with
    Hitman: Absolution took its time to be released.

The abilities that Agent 47 gains are nice (movement prediction of the hostiles + an enhanced aim then shoot mode), however i get mixed feelings about the disguises. In some environments, you can blend with the surroundings which is great, but in others, you have to require stealth in order to get undetected, disguise or not.

An argument against the linearity of the game would be that each mission is divided in many sub-missions, which allows you to "plan" your moves.
    You should also take note of the challenges (Or achievements, sort of.) that makes the game even more challenging, and encourages you to re-play missions taking many different approaches. Grinders would love this.

The selections of firearms is disappointing. Only the legendary Silverballers remain, and they don't possess any sort of important power, since most enemies should die in one shot. You can still play with guns blazing, but the lack of upgrades makes this particular game style real boring real fast. I recommend playing in stealth and using melee silent take downs, where you get a variety of eliminations.

The storyline is good. I don't want to spoil the review, just take my word on it. You will most probably enjoy the story and the generous range of characters.

Graphics are also good. Nothing to add there.

Finally, the multiplayer mode is new to me: it's a sandbox mode where you get to pick targets to assassinate, then murder them. This will record the time it took you to kill your targets and which weapon you used (or if killed by triggering an "accident") You later post that murder recipe and other players on the net can try and assassinate the targets the same way as you do. It can be enjoyable if played in a competitive spirit with friends.

You shouldn't go out of your way to get this title, but at the same time you will not regret buying it.
  53. Jan 14, 2014
    The game betrays the spirit of Hitman games. It was turned into a action centered games, where you run and hide in corridors. Hitman was about solving a puzzle to killa s pecific victim, now the game has turned into a random action game. Dont do it. Dont buy it.
  54. Jan 7, 2014
    This is a Splinter Cell with disguises, not a real Hitman game. Disguises have severely limited usefulness, because guards react to your changed clothes a LOT more. Therefore you have to sneak with a disguise most of the time anyway.
  55. Jan 1, 2014
    It's not terrible, it's just not great. I can understand the disappointment of a lot of hitman fans here. Objective markers, clearly marked pathways. These things pretty much are anathema to the previous hitman titles. As others have said this feels more like a splinter cell title, which isn't a bad thing it's just not what it said on the tin.
  56. Dec 29, 2013
    I bought the game 1 month ago on Steam as the initial User reviews weren't great. Boy, oh, boy I should've listen to those user reviews. I have 42minutes of playing time and that was enough for me. The game has been significantly dumbed down for younger audience, you are constantly spoon-fed wherever you go. Very linear and enough cut scenes to make yourself believe you weren't in a game.I bought the game 1 month ago on Steam as the initial User reviews weren't great. Boy, oh, boy I should've listen to those user reviews. I have 42minutes of playing time and that was enough for me. The game has been significantly dumbed down for younger audience, you are constantly spoon-fed wherever you go. Very linear and enough cut scenes to make yourself believe you weren't in a game.

Its now on steam for $5, wait until it gets cheaper, then it will be worth it.
  57. Dec 27, 2013
    I was looking forward soo much for this game. Huge disappointment. I expected fun and nonlinear game like Blood Money was. What I got is next gen hide and seek simulator. Game has good potential bud it is killed by numerous ill-considered game-breaking changes to game mechanics. Using up instinct when in costume is the worst one. You can't go trough the level and plan your strategy becauseI was looking forward soo much for this game. Huge disappointment. I expected fun and nonlinear game like Blood Money was. What I got is next gen hide and seek simulator. Game has good potential bud it is killed by numerous ill-considered game-breaking changes to game mechanics. Using up instinct when in costume is the worst one. You can't go trough the level and plan your strategy because you have to be hidden nearly all the time. Need to recharge instinct forces you to kill non-targets which is huge downer for us clean killer folks. It is also very stupid and unrealistic. Same goes for need to knock out every other guy so you can move around freely at least a little bit. I seriously doubt that worker in the huge factory can instantly recognize all of his 500 colleagues at glance. I also really miss customizing your weapons. Nothing compares to smuggling your lightweight heavily customized w2000 through security. That was big part of fun for me and it's sad to watch it being dumped out of the game. All in all every single change of game mechanics from BM is game-breaking. There may be many hidden ways to kill your target or get upper hand but game actively forces you to take the most boring and most obvious road. Expand
  58. Dec 26, 2013
    Such a shame, a great franchise ruined for no other reason other than what? Laziness? Trying something new? I'm not sure bug the game stinks.

The reason why I'm giving it such a low score and not an average one is because of the great games preceding it.
  59. Dec 10, 2013
    Hitman is back and is it good? Yep.

Hitman: Absolution is a fantastic game, filled with fun and action. Sticking true to it's roots at most parts. The graphics are great and it runs well on my PC. The Presentation and the detail itself is very good. The character animations are great, truly good achievement on such old hardware. The game itself while sticking true to it's roots at
    Hitman is back and is it good? Yep.

The game itself while sticking true to it's roots at parts, goes more action-like. Of course I feel it should have really stayed 'The hitman way'.

The story is decent, but the level structure is so good. You can basically approach a mission in plenty of different ways.

The ending wasn't that great, though.

Overall, Hitman: Abs is a good game and definitely worth it.
  60. Dec 7, 2013
    Hitman Absolution is a very average game. Pros are Decent storytelling, Well animated Cutscenes, Decent story, Many different approaches for each mission, Very tense, No bugs, Fantastic mechanics, Very gripping, Great AI, long campaign. Cons are Story goes a bit haywire towards the end, and contradicts the story so far, Below average PC port, gets repetitive, can be frustrating, terribleHitman Absolution is a very average game. Pros are Decent storytelling, Well animated Cutscenes, Decent story, Many different approaches for each mission, Very tense, No bugs, Fantastic mechanics, Very gripping, Great AI, long campaign. Cons are Story goes a bit haywire towards the end, and contradicts the story so far, Below average PC port, gets repetitive, can be frustrating, terrible gunplay, no real difficulty curve, only difficulty spikes, fuzzy graphics, disguises are rendered useless, linear and disloyal to the previous games, Hand-to-hand combat is nothing but a QTE, Fake difficulty, Contracts mode is awful.

I'd recommend this game, but just bear in mind that it's nowhere near perfect.
  61. Nov 16, 2013
    After playing Blood Money, and loving it, I was excited to hear about Absolution. Then I played it...
    No sniper rifle in the briefcase
    No custom weapons for each level Can't aim down the sight on the guns THAT HAVE OPTICS Lose points for anyone that isn't a main target, even if you just knock them out. The tutorial at the start teaches you how to sneak, use your fibre wire, point
    No sniper rifle in the briefcase
    No custom weapons for each level
    Can't aim down the sight on the guns THAT HAVE OPTICS
    The tutorial at the start teaches you how to sneak, use your fibre wire, point shooting, etc...but all are useless since it'll just count against you...

I found it far too easy to just run and gun, since this game plays like a shooter, not a stalker. If I'm going to lose points, might as well go big and kill everyone...
  62. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: Amazing, some of the best. Character models look fantastic, 47’s bald head never looked better. 10.
    Sound: Great voice acting, amazing soundtrack, realistic environmental sounds. 10.
    Gameplay: The gameplay has been refined to modern day controls with a cover system that works the best that I’ve seen so far, but still retains the old Hitman formula. Each mission is tackled in various ways all up to the player to decide. Stealth plays a major role in this game, making run and gunning an option but very difficult. This isn’t the best Hitman game I’ve played but it is one hell of an amazing game, gametrailers for their false review. 9.5.
    Story: Your back in business and your first task is to assassinate Diana, but she leaves you a request to take care of a girl, and you go through all you can to meet her request. Along the way you run into some hilarious characters, and other interesting villains which make assassinating them a joy. While the story isn’t the greatest, it still keeps an interested vibe to keep pushing the game forward. 9.0.
    Lasting Appeal: Worth it, buy this ****ing game, the gametrailers reviewer, he is no stealth fan, he can’t appreciate a good game, but you can, buy this game! 10.
    Overall Score: 9.7 out of 10.
  63. Nov 10, 2013
    I must say I really enjoyed the game. It was not out and out amazing, but I had fun. For me it was the best Hitman game I have played. I was never that much of a fan of the series, but I liked this one. It was a solid 7.
  64. Nov 7, 2013
    I have to say that I wasnt a real fan of Hitman but this part I enjoyed a lot, maybe that is the reason why I enjoyed it, cause as a game it is pretty nicely done. It is a great game and gave me a nice stealthy rush. Therefore 10 points cause quality is excellent in every aspect, too.
  65. Nov 5, 2013
    I'm a long-time Hitman player and in short, It lacks words to express my deep disappointment for this game.

Think about everything that made the series so epic erstwhile They screwed every little bit of those things. No more world-wide contracts no more assassinations and briefing. Instead, we were "gifted" with an uninspiring and boring story filled with a low quality drama, and

No more world-wide contracts no more assassinations and briefing. Instead, we were "gifted" with an uninspiring and boring story filled with a low quality drama, and with a cartoonish cowboy as an antagonist.

I'm holding myself not to rate this failure in shape of game a ZERO and i won't do so just because of the engine, the well-polished graphics, the killing and shooting system and last but not least, the game's length.

All those factors make the game enjoyable for the newcomers to the series; all of whom, comprehensibly, doesn't give a if the devs KILLED the Hitman Series or not.
  66. Nov 2, 2013
    The games gunplay was boring, and yes i like doing stealth runs and rampage runs, both were ordinary. hitman silent was the best game it combined them both so well.

No loadout to select your weapons before a map this time either, goto use cheats just to have some fun on maps.
  67. Nov 2, 2013
    This is one of the most hallow games I've ever played. I literally felt empty upon completion. The story is a mess, the gameplay and level design is inconsistent, the implementation of a "Instinct" feature, and also voice acting that is laughably bad. I'd say it's not as bad Splinter Cell: Conviction, but the problem being that this game is worse. There is no reason to play this game atThis is one of the most hallow games I've ever played. I literally felt empty upon completion. The story is a mess, the gameplay and level design is inconsistent, the implementation of a "Instinct" feature, and also voice acting that is laughably bad. I'd say it's not as bad Splinter Cell: Conviction, but the problem being that this game is worse. There is no reason to play this game at all. It is the most vapid and empty game I've ever played in my life. Expand
  68. Oct 26, 2013
    With this game needing to keep up with previous releases of the game, plenty of players aren't totally happy with it, yet, the game has crafted an amazing story, which gets you trapped on it, making the whole experience quite enjoyable.

The best of the Hitman series is here, stealth mode. You don't need to go against all of your opponents when you can simply trick them and do your job as cleanly as possible; get in, take your target down and get out. It doesn't get any easier than this.

The new "Instinct" system is quite useful, and if you're looking for a challenge, you can simply not use this feature, and beat the game without using it, even though there are some quite nice tricks that come in the package.

All in all, the game is enjoyable, the storyline is amazing, and playability is decent. You should play this game.
  69. Oct 26, 2013
    The game gets merit, but the vast majority of it comes from the credit of its predecessors. It has amazing graphics, and the create your own contracts feature just blows your mind away. With more accidents, excellent and vast pathways to kill your target, the game does deserve some credit.
    However, the storyline was a bit too greasy, that is, it didn't "feel" like the hitman storyline. The gameplay also was a bit linear. Some missions in the game felt completely pointless, and were there just for the sake of it. Having said that, it did feature some of the best missions in the series so far, like blackwater park and king of chinatown. But the game did seem to loose its true identity. Killing a wrestler publicly did make me feel like "what the hell am I doing?" Some features did show 47 going soft, which, according to me, was kind of pathetic.
    The only reason for the game to get an 8, is that it does bring out a few fragments of the classic features of the series, the awesome "create your own contracts" feature, and a variety of accidental kills. Nothing more.
  70. Oct 21, 2013
    The map is toooo small,please don't split it in to small parts. I can't choose weapon before starting a mission. And the enemy is really annoying, i hate this game, i want my old hitman game backkkkkk
  71. Oct 21, 2013
    This game is quite fun. Ive never played a Hitman game before this so i cant compare, but it holds up on its own. Its fun to wonder the areas and find an interesting way to kill your target. Ill never get tired of killing people in a chicken suit.
  72. Oct 18, 2013
    new generation of graphics better looking characters more graphics and a total and unnecessary revamp of a perfectly fine system. The new disguise system is almost a joke and pointless, the episodic missions just ruin the fun of having a big map to roam around in as it essentially cuts it up into 3-6 different sequences where even if you screw up in a previous one it has 0 impact on thenew generation of graphics better looking characters more graphics and a total and unnecessary revamp of a perfectly fine system. The new disguise system is almost a joke and pointless, the episodic missions just ruin the fun of having a big map to roam around in as it essentially cuts it up into 3-6 different sequences where even if you screw up in a previous one it has 0 impact on the next at least we got our fan service Expand
  73. Sep 26, 2013
    Upon release, I hated this game, however after playing thorugh it again, I have reconsidered my stance from a 3 to a 6.

The contracts mode is good, and as a game, it is not that bad. They made some mistakes with this game, there is no doubt about that. But on the whole, it's still a very impressive game with some improvements, like the graphics, fluid movements, realism etc. I'm

I'm mainly changing my stance on this review because it saddens me that the Hitman Dev team had cutbacks, most likely as a result of the poor reception this game recieved. I just wish IO would make another Hitman game, one that follows the formula of blood money, but has the visuals and smoothness of this game.
  74. Sep 17, 2013
    Love Hitman Series. However, almost every CONSOLE PORT gets a minus-one from me right away, simply because it does not care about PC GAMERS. And this Hitman installation obviously does not. You cannot adjust FOV, which is limited to a box-view. I mean come on you are a silent assassin and you cannot see anything beyond what's directly in front of you (and even that is oftenLove Hitman Series. However, almost every CONSOLE PORT gets a minus-one from me right away, simply because it does not care about PC GAMERS. And this Hitman installation obviously does not. You cannot adjust FOV, which is limited to a box-view. I mean come on you are a silent assassin and you cannot see anything beyond what's directly in front of you (and even that is often obstructed by the bald head of the main character). Come ooooon!
    The game is also a little too hard from beginning (although i am playing on hard, and it seems that all areas are littered with people, making silent approach almost impossible), punishing you for taking out (even if you just knock someone out) all non-targets and decreasing your mission "budget".
    Aside from the bad, i still enjoy the game: hiding in the shadows, pulling gangsters out of the windows, snapping the necks of your targets, dressing as maids (alright maybe not as maids, but you'll definitely get a chance to dress as cowboy!) all of those things are present in Hitman: Absolution, and if you enjoyed previous installations, you will enjoy this one as well.
  75. Sep 11, 2013
    Great AAA game. The stealth mechanics are pretty good, the action gameplay has been improved, the difficulty is high, and the graphic and sounds are very polished.

The instinct mode has been well implemented, without ruining the gameplay. I don't know if this one is actually better than the Blood Money. Honestly i didn't like this "new" character of 47 as in the past. But the story

Honestly i didn't like this "new" character of 47 as in the past. But the story it's still quite good, and the longevity is around the 25 hours.

I suggest this new Hitman game to all the fans of the series, and to those who love stealth games.
  76. Sep 1, 2013
    When I first saw the unveiling of Hitman: Absolution, I was optimistic to see our favorite nefarious assassin make it to the current generation of gaming. What I was not optimistic for was the Hollywood cast, or the introduction of “magic pockets” (that is, the ability to carry a sniper rifle in your coat pocket). In the faux pas words of Max Scoville, who interviewed IO Interactive staffWhen I first saw the unveiling of Hitman: Absolution, I was optimistic to see our favorite nefarious assassin make it to the current generation of gaming. What I was not optimistic for was the Hollywood cast, or the introduction of “magic pockets” (that is, the ability to carry a sniper rifle in your coat pocket). In the faux pas words of Max Scoville, who interviewed IO Interactive staff after a preview of the game, my worries were “assured”.

It is true that Absolution retains its stealth ethic (and arguably with as much rigor as Silent Assassin), but it is greatly downplayed by an obnoxious point system ever present in the upper left corner. Every misstep you perform is noted here, and it cannot be disabled unless you play on purist. I assume that this is the IO’s snide reply to those who complained about mystery witnesses at the end of the level in previous games.

Speaking of AI; it has definitely improved to some extent, there are no longer telepathic NPCs who know who you are just by hearing a guard lift up a radio without saying any words in it. At one point, I was amazed how the AI suspected I was behind them when I reloaded my gun, or when I knocked out a guard and his radio made some kind of interference. But it is still not perfect. Unless you yourself make noise, guards never look behind themselves, even when you throw something right in front of them from 5 feet away. I found this AI was most comparable to Silent Assassin, since I still remember being shot in St. Petersburg for running.

The story in itself is one of question. Although it lines together with the conclusion of Blood Money rather well, it goes into a whole other direction with the inclusion of a plot device, a 14 year old genetically modified girl given superhuman abilities with an isotope in her necklace. A dying request by one of 47′s former employers is to protect her prized innocence, and seek out and kill those who wish to do her harm. The initial casting of William Mapother and recasting of David Bateson has 47 speak more lines in this game than arguably any of his previous titles. Yet 47 doesn’t babble, his newly founded areas of dialogue include briefing the player, found on by pressing the F1 key when on a level.

Regarding level design, the developers have largely abandoned that open world feel in favor of a more linear theme. The open world concept is still alive in some levels such as the Chinese New Year and Hope missions, but is by no means to the same extent as Blood Money was, which was way more consistent. I do admit, though, that they were far more generous in sheer number with 20 levels.

Graphically speaking, the visuals are stylistic, but too many filters and post-processing are applied in the name of artistic direction. It was almost reminiscent of Battlefield 3 in a way, knowing that the visuals already looked just fine 5 filters ago. Luckily, you can turn off the bloom in the settings.

The depth of field is incredibly flawed, however. Even at the highest setting, you have a severely myopic camera that will unexpectly blur out even the most important things in your field of view. It is especially bad when 47 is coming out of a dark tunnel in a mission to enter Dexter’s Industries, but perhaps it is intentional. If so, it was not a good decision to include it within the game.

With the absence of Jesper Kyd, the sound design is left extremely sporadic and often random. The music will often cease or begin without any cue, and the action music, when 47 is discovered and NPCs turn hostile, is uninteresting and bland compared to the orchestral/electronica mix we’ve come to know and love.

In conclusion, Absolution is probably one of the most polarizing titles in the Hitman series since its conception in 2000. Now approaching its adolescence, it has lost most of its innocence and changed its state of mind in order to fit in with the in crowd. That means no more map, no more first person point of view, and no more “stop and smell the roses” missions. Is it a good thing? I’m not so sure at the moment. Usually, when a game gets a mixed rating the critic suggests that only true fans pick up this title, but I suggest the exact opposite. If you’re new to this series, playing this first can give you a taste of the gameplay so you can work backwards to the core of the series and see what was the true aim of the series was all about. That is what I believe Absolution, after 6 years in development, seems to be lacking.
  77. Aug 24, 2013
    Hitman Absolution is a mixed bag. While basically an OK game and worth buying on sale (for under $10) it suffers from a few tragic weaknesses, which are unfortunate, because it had the potential to be a classic: THE GOOD. This game boasts great cinematics and cut-scenes. The story is interesting and the graphic fidelity in the game levels is solid. The UI and the unlockables are alsoHitman Absolution is a mixed bag. While basically an OK game and worth buying on sale (for under $10) it suffers from a few tragic weaknesses, which are unfortunate, because it had the potential to be a classic: THE GOOD. This game boasts great cinematics and cut-scenes. The story is interesting and the graphic fidelity in the game levels is solid. The UI and the unlockables are also solid. As a console port it is one of the better ones. Replayability is there because of how easy it is to mess up stealth. THE BAD: The levels are too small and too linear. Controls. While we understand that this is supposed to be a 'stealth game', why does agent 47 walk so damned SLOW? Sticky cover is problematic. A lack of jumping and environment destructibility are both fails in a game based around mastering an environment. In short, the controls feel sticky and clumsy. Since veteran gamers have played dozens of these games, we quickly get a feel for the level of nuance in the controls and hear they fall short of what they should be for an 'assassin' game. Despite my qualms, buy it and try it yourself. There are things like, if you can master the controls and the levels.

78. Aug 19, 2013
    This is a good game. It is completely different (but good different) to the previous installments yet that shouldn't put you off giving it a try. There are times when proceedings move in the on-rails direction though this is generally handled with finesse. The quick-time melee system is kind of cool in my opinion, it makes you a bit more vulnerable and forces you to plan your sneak attacksThis is a good game. It is completely different (but good different) to the previous installments yet that shouldn't put you off giving it a try. There are times when proceedings move in the on-rails direction though this is generally handled with finesse. The quick-time melee system is kind of cool in my opinion, it makes you a bit more vulnerable and forces you to plan your sneak attacks precisely. Guards are overly alert and if you hang around too long or move too quickly past other guards then you will be outed in a flash. Absolution is a lot more challenging than Blood Money. What is completely retarded however is when you take a disguise that has a mask and 47 opts to not wear it....?! Somewhat reminiscent of Hitman 2 where dressing up in full firefighter gear (complete with gas mask) did nothing to avail suspicion.

Many have said that Absolution has done for Hitman what Conviction did for Splinter Cell... This isn't true since Absolution is undoubtedly a well-crafted (albeit different) gaming experience whereas Conviction was a total disaster.

However:

- Checkpoint system is clumsy
    - The various uses for Instinct are rendered worthless since you will use up most of the ability getting past other guards
    - Performance issues (e.g. the infamous Absolution appcrash error, it took me 2 hours to fix it before I could even begin playing the game)
    - Straight to DVD plot
  79. Aug 17, 2013
    Greatly improved from former series, less realistic though. But does it really matter? As far as it is a game, user-friendliness and immersion are much more important than any other things. Anyway, this game was intriguing at all. That's enough for it.
  80. Aug 17, 2013
    Ha-ha,very funny you can hide your sniper rifle or AR into your pocket.Yep,it's called "Realism" and "Hardcore", stupid and uninteresting storyline, all gameplay consists of a idiotic tricks,like Throw that bottle,knife or another %itemname% in dark corner.

81. Aug 17, 2013
    Great atmosphere, great story and great graphics, solid 8 by me, but it could be better. Game just needs more polishing. Too many bugs and lots of really irritating aspects. Since when building's security is permitted to use smg and assault rifles or even to run any investigation "We have suspect here" Those latex dominatrix nuns with guns a'la Elite Guard from RTCW are not even better.Great atmosphere, great story and great graphics, solid 8 by me, but it could be better. Game just needs more polishing. Too many bugs and lots of really irritating aspects. Since when building's security is permitted to use smg and assault rifles or even to run any investigation "We have suspect here" Those latex dominatrix nuns with guns a'la Elite Guard from RTCW are not even better. County jail in Hope bigger than Alcatraz isn't far behind... Seriously, where did you get all this sick crap IO Definitely old Hitman 2: Silent Assassin is still the best part. Expand
  82. Aug 10, 2013
    As a Hitman fan it was literally painful to play through this game. I followed the buildup of this game from the very start. As soon as IO Interactive muttered the words "Agent 47 is now on the run" something inside me said that Absolution was going to be bad. It turns out my inner feeling wasn't wrong. It's not that it's a 'bad' game, it's an 'ok-ish' Splintercell Conviction clone withAs a Hitman fan it was literally painful to play through this game. I followed the buildup of this game from the very start. As soon as IO Interactive muttered the words "Agent 47 is now on the run" something inside me said that Absolution was going to be bad. It turns out my inner feeling wasn't wrong. It's not that it's a 'bad' game, it's an 'ok-ish' Splintercell Conviction clone with some bugs and stupid broken A.I. But as a Hitman game it is very bad, the worst in the series in fact. They have taken everything that made Hitman so fun and special, threw it in the bin, then replaced it with a linear story driven action game. Playing through it was like watching a terrible B Movie, it was so bad i just had to keep watching/playing through. Expand
  83. Aug 9, 2013
    Much smaller levels, very few paths to your target, very linear level design, no black market, no syringes or other interesting assassin tools, not many interesting ways to kill your targets, little and more often than not zero history behind your targets or any motivation to kill them besides them wanting to kill you.

Environments and targets have very little variation, most of the

Environments and targets have very little variation, most of the environments are in the US, the vast majority of which are in North Dakota and New York. Has an odd underlying crude sexual theme which simply doesn't fit very well with this game. The game's story focus essentially throws out the premise of being a hitman until its very end.

You can still be spotted by people wearing the same outfit as you as though every gardener on the planet knows one another, and being spotted in any difficulty besides easy is almost always certain death.

Contracts mode puts you in the same levels obviously designed with a linear story in mind. The only freedom it allows in the game's constrictive levels here is the contract's name/description, who you're killing, what single weapon you can choose to start with, and what you are wearing.

All in all, a serious disappointment and downgrade from Blood Money.
  84. Aug 6, 2013
    After playing the Hitman HD Collection i have to say that this game is a major step down in almost every way. It looks much prettier, but the levels are far far smaller than previous games, this one is much more about the story than it is about the gameplay. I loved how previous Hitmans allowed you to select your weapons before dropping you off in a huge sandbox of fun that allowed you toAfter playing the Hitman HD Collection i have to say that this game is a major step down in almost every way. It looks much prettier, but the levels are far far smaller than previous games, this one is much more about the story than it is about the gameplay. I loved how previous Hitmans allowed you to select your weapons before dropping you off in a huge sandbox of fun that allowed you to explore and do as you wish. With Hitman Absolution the story forces you down narrow paths and small linear levels full of cutsences, hell even some of the hits turn into cutscenes which takes away the point and a huge part of the fun. I don't want a cutscene to take over and kill a target for me i want to do it myself. Not being able to select your own weapons before each level also takes a lot of the fun away. After play Hitman Contracts and Hitman Blood Money i was super excited for Hitman Absolution, but sadly it just didn't feel anything like a Hitman game. Expand
  85. Aug 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Just finished the singleplayer campaign, and I have to admit: I'm glad the game is over. Hitman Absolution in my opinion is not a good game. The storyline if you can call it that is absurd and poorly written, the dialogues are ridiculously cheesy. Every single character in the game is one-dimensional and so exaggerated it's laughable. Also, I despise the depiction of women in this game, they are either the videogame standard "damsel in distress", pure sex objects, or the leather latex ninja killer nuns trying to murder you... seriously?
    The design of most missions is boring, linear, predictable, especially of the short missions. It seems the designers tried to make this a pseudo hollywood-like experience, but they fail miserably, especially due to the bad story and characters as mentioned above. Controls are okay, except for button mashing when performing certain actions what for, what's the point in this? And of course the game contains several quicktime events worst mechanics in modern videogames, which does not at all fit into this game. The checkpoint based gamesave system is unfair and broken, very annoying, as is the mission evaluation system which often does not give correct score when finishing mission.
    I loved the previous Hitman games, but this one is not a good sequel. Why didn't they make more missions like the "King of Chinatown"? That was the only part in the game I liked. Their "story" unfolding afterwards no thank you.
  86. Jul 30, 2013
    Indeed this is now more like Splinter Cell with its linear corridor-type levels. No real disguises (the thing which really made Hitman so fun!). Sometimes I expected to come up with hands up (X button) but the guard was already shooting at me. This all just feels too inconsistent. Cmon devs haven't you ever worked as janitors or similar in your life, perhaps as students? Those guys neverIndeed this is now more like Splinter Cell with its linear corridor-type levels. No real disguises (the thing which really made Hitman so fun!). Sometimes I expected to come up with hands up (X button) but the guard was already shooting at me. This all just feels too inconsistent. Cmon devs haven't you ever worked as janitors or similar in your life, perhaps as students? Those guys never fully know everyone else working with them, new people come, also there are these temp work firms who lease personel in that respect disguises would work in real life almost like in previous Hitman games. And you just took away the whole experience. You see, Hitman was not a Deus Ex Human Revolution style game where you play hide and seek and shoot tranqualizer darts, it was a game about dressing as servants, guards and janitors.. Absolution is probably not a bad a game by itself, it's just that I don't wish to play it because I like Hitman and not Splinter Cell. Expand
  87. Jul 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Hitman absulution is the newest game in the series, albeit not the best. The game itself was fun, but had very low replayability due to the fact that they redid everything.
    THE GOOD~
    What i really liked about this game was the fact that you could go sneaking about and strangle people. Its brilliant. Thats like all the other games though, so ill skip that. The graphics are amazing, and when you finish the game, you can play other user-made "Contracts" that make you kill certain people with certain weapons, and costumes, etc. There is a vast majority of melee weapons and guns, and the story is somewhat fascinating. (Not really, but who listens to the story anyway?) Throughout the game, they really emphasize that the bad guys ARE the bad guys, and i liked that. It keeps you going.
    THE BAD~
    In my opinion, Blood-Money was better. They really took a linear approach this time. Sure, you can choose if you want to kill your target in the left hall or the right one, but in blood money, you could choose the left, the right, the roof, the kitchen, in public, with a gun, a knife, in the bathroom, with a plunger, etc. They really took out the sandbox feel that most of the series has. The replayability is low due to this fact, so once you beat the game, its pretty much done. Also, they penalize you for killing civilians with score. I didnt like that, especially since in BM i would have "Kill everyone" missions, just for fun. They also REALLY butchered the disguises. If you wear a disguise, and a police officer sees you (Lets say you were wearing a PoPo uniform) He would get gradually more suspicious until you were "arrested", in which case you would take his gun and get into a hostage situation. THAT'S NOT STEALTHY. I like stealth, but Hitman: Absolution butchered that.
  88. Jul 27, 2013
    Its not the Hitman you remember from Blood Money. Very linear, less creativity needed, achieving high score is easy. On the other hand graphics are great, story is good. Its like old Hitman mixed with Call Of Duty. They tried to make it more for the big crowd of players at the cost of the Hitmans soul. Its still a Hitman, but not like you remember him.
  89. Jul 24, 2013
    Blood Money is the best Hitman game to date, no doubt about it. The thing people fail to realize is that Absolution isn't entirely a Hitman game. The story is not about 47 being a hitman, it's about Agent 47 as a human being, fending for himself and being the hunted instead of the hunter. I think a lot of the design choices reflect this, and it only enhances the realism and immersion.Blood Money is the best Hitman game to date, no doubt about it. The thing people fail to realize is that Absolution isn't entirely a Hitman game. The story is not about 47 being a hitman, it's about Agent 47 as a human being, fending for himself and being the hunted instead of the hunter. I think a lot of the design choices reflect this, and it only enhances the realism and immersion. Sure, some of the levels are linear and others are ridiculously short, but there are some pretty sweet set-pieces in this game that are both original and creative, albeit repetitive and less-enjoyable, gameplay wise, when compared to Blood Money's levels. Even if the gameplay falls short in places diehard Hitman fans would consider crucial to the series, the level of immersion and storytelling is leagues above any previous Hitman game. NPCs feel alive, environments have ridiculous amounts of detail and the game is rocking a sweet sound-track to boot. Of course, the absolute best aspect of this game is the voice acting. This game should win awards for its voice acting, it's THAT good. Almost every character in each level has something to say as you walk by them. You'll want to stop and hear what they say, too, because they usually have some interesting things to say, like how there's a toxic barrel of waste on the balcony, or that they get a serious allergic reaction when they eat peanuts. You know, just gossip. Expand
  90. Jul 23, 2013
    Great game. I've played Bloodmoney(great game too!) but Absolution it's definetly better. A few minor let-downs that are more perceptible for the old fans.Excellent graphics and gameplay mechanics, good variety ways to do the missions and the score system makes you wanna replay missions just to get a silent assassin score. If you like to play in a true stealthy way that punishes slothGreat game. I've played Bloodmoney(great game too!) but Absolution it's definetly better. A few minor let-downs that are more perceptible for the old fans.Excellent graphics and gameplay mechanics, good variety ways to do the missions and the score system makes you wanna replay missions just to get a silent assassin score. If you like to play in a true stealthy way that punishes sloth (loosing points) this is the game for you.
    The Bad:
    - Disguise system is better but still has lot to improve
    - 47 still a litte bit robotic
    - Concealing big weapons is a step back from Bloodmoney like sentosasam wrote.
    - New qicksave system discourages experimentation and respawn all enemies.
    Still a great game for the stealth genre fans.
  91. Jul 23, 2013
    after 6 ans a half years the original Assassin comes back and he comes back with a really good game ,
    first the positive things i found in this game
    1- this game has amazing cinematic presentation one of the best ever 2- amazing gameplay it keeps the previous game play of the previous parts of the series and adds a few things that makes it even better like the cover system i found
    first the positive things i found in this game
    1- this game has amazing cinematic presentation one of the best ever
    2- amazing gameplay it keeps the previous game play of the previous parts of the series and adds a few things that makes it even better like the cover system i found that really helpful
    the game is flexible as you can advance with stealth game play or action depends on your choice
    3- on the previous parts of the series you had to discover alternative ways to kill the target it is present in this game actually it is even better in this game but you have the instinct which guides you towards it whi i find really helpfull
    4- the story is really really good with well written dialogue and many twists as you advance
    5- this game is visually stunning it has great graphics
    so what was bad in this game
    the checkpoint in this game is really bad because it the checkpoints are present in really bad places that you can easily not notice at all
    some are complaining that they don't like the instinct and so you can easily disable it and enjoy
    and some complain that it borrows from splinter cell conviction well this isn't an action game it is a stealth game and if you don't like that feature in the game don't use or try to play the game on higher difficulty
    in the end a really great game and a great addition to the amazing series
  92. Jul 23, 2013
    The story was surprisingly delicate. There was actually some personal motivation of the hitman to assassinate most of the targets. But at some point things became a bit predictable...
    However, it was great fun having so many creative options as how to kill the targets. Some of these ways were really funny and it was very satisfactory if a cunning, twisted plan worked out with wonderful deadly results!!
    As a player you will get to feel the console port in the controls and this combined with the system requirements made things a bit frustrating to navigate at times.
    This game can be played several times for sure as there's so many options when it comes to completing one's mission. The story was surprisingly cinematic and I liked the characters quite a bit.
    Overall a solid entry.
  93. Jul 22, 2013
    Just a horrible Hitman game and a horrible stealth action.
    This is what happens when out of the game about making killer "modern" console stealth action game.
  94. Jul 21, 2013
    Very sophisticated and beautiful game.
    But it is not of enough amusing.In-game ranking,records and score system ruin a good game.
    Someone may say that ”high difficulty distinguishes bad gamers".I guess that everyone who is earnest "plays" this game firstly will experiance a process of "endless" restarting or reloading. Ironically 47's favourate guns:Silver Ballers are just seldomly used
    Very sophisticated and beautiful game.
    Ironically 47's favourate guns:Silver Ballers are just seldomly used in the game.
    Wish that the designers improve the gameplay of the series.
  95. Jul 16, 2013
    WTF? Hitman finally got REALLY GOOD and now it's completely regressed to all the problems I had with earlier hitman games. Seriously, you can't even select a weapon without automatically pulling it out again!? And the stealth mechanics are f*cking annoying. The game looks pretty good but they fell WAY short of what I was expecting. I would be extremely mad if i hadn't waited for the priceWTF? Hitman finally got REALLY GOOD and now it's completely regressed to all the problems I had with earlier hitman games. Seriously, you can't even select a weapon without automatically pulling it out again!? And the stealth mechanics are f*cking annoying. The game looks pretty good but they fell WAY short of what I was expecting. I would be extremely mad if i hadn't waited for the price to go down to a small fraction of what they were originally asking. I can't remember if it was blood money or contracts that came out last and that I thought, "this is near perfection, i can't wait for more hitman!" but when i finally had a chance to play absolution...it just made me sad. what the fu(K where they thinking? Expand
  96. Jul 15, 2013
    Coming from the older games in the franchise, up until Blood Money the Hitman games have been riddled with a vast range of options to execute targets and assignments. The most notable thing in Hitman: Absolution is that this non-linearity has been pretty much removed. With the combinations of small, chopped up levels that 'follow up' on each other, there is too much room for error, theComing from the older games in the franchise, up until Blood Money the Hitman games have been riddled with a vast range of options to execute targets and assignments. The most notable thing in Hitman: Absolution is that this non-linearity has been pretty much removed. With the combinations of small, chopped up levels that 'follow up' on each other, there is too much room for error, the game has become too simple, too linear and is entirely not suited for a second playthrough, not even on another difficulty. The first story playthrough is enjoyable and at times classic Hitman stuff we love to see, but that is where this game abruptly ends. It has no replay value because of the simplicity of its level design and the lack of original Silent Assassin hits (they exist, but are sometimes nothing more than flipping a single switch or making a headshot with the TRG).

Graphics 9/10 (Stunning, DX11 at its best)
    Audio 8/10 (The game is made very immersive with its voice-overs during play)
    Mechanics Gameplay 5/10 (The game lacks depth, but improves slightly on animation smoothness)
  97. Jul 14, 2013
    Well it's not the best maybe but definitely not the worst at all... Do not understand the crowd tried to crucify this game. It maybe lacks some of the depth gameplay-wise or such but just flows nice and smooth.

Well the only thing that bothered me was the achievement system, which is built like a regular arcade game that makes you play just hit the top score with "already given!" assassination styles as you see in the very names of the achievements. That blew whole magic out of it...

But other than that, game is just fine. If you've already played all of them, play this one too, not that bad at all...
  98. Jul 5, 2013
    Absolution could've been a good game, but it's a wasted potential in so many ways. The main premise the Hitman is on the run, he's got no backup from the Agency, and it gets personal is pretty cool by itself, BUT the realisation is very, very poor. Firstly, the story barely making sense, with dialogues evidently written by a fifth grader, and plain stupid, boring grotesque, clicheAbsolution could've been a good game, but it's a wasted potential in so many ways. The main premise the Hitman is on the run, he's got no backup from the Agency, and it gets personal is pretty cool by itself, BUT the realisation is very, very poor. Firstly, the story barely making sense, with dialogues evidently written by a fifth grader, and plain stupid, boring grotesque, cliche characters. The gameplay also varies from the previous iterations, In theory, it's a game about Hitman relying solely on his skills and instincts. Hence the lack of map and any pre-mission briefing in theory, you have to improvise. On practice though, it's not the case. The game doesn't encourage any kind of improvisation any non-silent actions, including killing common henchmen are punished by lowering your score. So you will still find yourself wandering around your target, making some kind of a plan, as in the previous games. Only this time you won't be able to save at will for some reason, which is freaking annoying. As for the disguise system (you can be recognised only by NPCs wearing the same disguise as you do) it's kinda-realistic alright, but on practice it's also pretty damn frustrating, there's hardly need for such realism in a game where you can change clothes in under 5 seconds and store sniper rifles in your jacket. To sum up, Absolution tries hard to be a good game, to present itself seriously, but ultimately fails and becomes a step (a few steps, actually) back comparing to its predecessors. Expand
  99. Jul 5, 2013
    Pretty Fun Pretty Fun Pretty Fun Pretty Fun Pretty Fun Pretty Fun Pretty Fun Pretty Fun Pretty Fun Pretty Fun Pretty Fun Pretty Fun Pretty Fun Pretty Fun
  100. Jun 10, 2013
    I wanted to enjoy this game and the effort they put into the story and the cinematics but I think anyone can agree if you played blood money and past hitman games, this one would just make you mad. While the disguise system is more 'realistic' it just takes away all the fun. More realistic isn't always better. And although it tries to be more realistic it still fails, for example you areI wanted to enjoy this game and the effort they put into the story and the cinematics but I think anyone can agree if you played blood money and past hitman games, this one would just make you mad. While the disguise system is more 'realistic' it just takes away all the fun. More realistic isn't always better. And although it tries to be more realistic it still fails, for example you are in a chef disguise at the chinese parade, i kept getting spotted by chefs, its not like all the freakin chefs know each other at a giant parade. I mean maybe all the staff knows each other at a strip club, but at the parade? So if the game developers are gonna be 'realistic' at least be thorough. Also some of the level designs are terrible, terminal hotel design was terrible. As all the fans will agree, they took everything good about hitman, and turned it into crap. Also you can't pick your weapons, you're constantly getting points deducted unless you play flawlessly, man the list just goes on. Expand
  101. Dec 29, 2012
    What game I played actually?????? I don't know because I don't think this is a game of Hitman series. It is completely different thing. If you never play the other game of this series may be you can like this game (I am not quit sure about that) but if you play the other game of this series then please don't even think to give it a try. Because I don't want another heart broken fan of thisWhat game I played actually?????? I don't know because I don't think this is a game of Hitman series. It is completely different thing. If you never play the other game of this series may be you can like this game (I am not quit sure about that) but if you play the other game of this series then please don't even think to give it a try. Because I don't want another heart broken fan of this series. Now let me tell something about the game, in the game there is a shiny bald guy, who was once very famous for being not detected under disguise but it this game he is too familiar to everyone that even under mask people are able to detect him from a mile away, That ruined the whole thing. Game story is linear. Its previous sandbox type game play is completely lost. All you can do that is try to sneak in (which is not a practical solution for this game) but most of the time you have to bang you enemy just like typical third person shooter. So the bottom line is its a heart breaking disappointment for the fan of this series. Collapse

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 6, 2013
    Despite the deviations and minor shortcomings, it remains true to its roots. It just brushes them aside for a while, just long enough for it to tell its story- a story where the traditional contracts and other usual components just wouldn’t fit. [January 2013]
  2. Jan 8, 2013
    Hitman: Absolution does stand out from the ocean of gray and brown shooters that populate the market, but not in enough good ways to warrant a recommendation.
  3. Dec 26, 2012
    It's not a bad game by any means, and it does fix some problems with the controls that plagued previous games, but having the story that essentially makes Agent 47 less of a hitman and more of an espionage hero, makes Absolution a decent stealth game but not a fantastic Hitman game.