Hitman: Absolution PC

7.0

1. May 29, 2016
    Just because it's not as good as older Hitman games that doesn't mean it's a bad game. All the negative reviews make me sick, quite frankly. I had a fun time with this game and beat it in 2 days only because I was a run and gunner most of the time on easy difficulty. My games library is too big to take the time to be constantly stealthy during my playthrough, however it was still a funJust because it's not as good as older Hitman games that doesn't mean it's a bad game. All the negative reviews make me sick, quite frankly. I had a fun time with this game and beat it in 2 days only because I was a run and gunner most of the time on easy difficulty. My games library is too big to take the time to be constantly stealthy during my playthrough, however it was still a fun experience. Graphics were nice even for a 4 year old game. Voice acting was pretty good. Story wasn't great, but it's Hitman. Expand
  2. Mar 7, 2016
    When i first played it when i came out, i was very very disapointed. dident feel like hitman at all
    But i started 2 days ago to play it again, this time in purist mode and i gotta say i appreciate the game so much more now.
    Dont know if it is couse of purist but it is actually a pretty good game once you get used to the mechanics
  3. Mar 3, 2016
    At first I thought this was awful game, but during the game I started to like it. Even that I am very annoyed that even in the first Hitman game, when you had a sniper you needed a case to carry it. And once you put it together, only way to to "hide" it was to throw it away. Now you can put the big sniper rifle into your pocket.. hocus pocus. There are few other things that ruins theAt first I thought this was awful game, but during the game I started to like it. Even that I am very annoyed that even in the first Hitman game, when you had a sniper you needed a case to carry it. And once you put it together, only way to to "hide" it was to throw it away. Now you can put the big sniper rifle into your pocket.. hocus pocus. There are few other things that ruins the immersion, but others didn't mind me so much. I liked the mission very much, and they were very well designed and I played most of the missions many times. After all very decent game. Not a flawless diamond, but good. Expand
  4. Feb 8, 2016
    Hitman is packed with so many levels that you will never get tired of replaying certain sequences. Gameplay is also really good, although you must be open-minded to a new Hitman experience. Still, I thoroughly enjoyed Hitman: Absolution and can recommend it to anyone. For future hitmans: there is never enough dark humor :)
  5. Dec 30, 2015
    The reason why hitman games used to be great despite obvious flaws is because the game didn't shove its story and long cutscenes down your throat.It was just you doing your job and figuring out the plot mattered only in the end. Instead in absolution we got a hollywood style hitman who somehow has developed feelings.The plot is so cliche not to mention the most annoying characters I'veThe reason why hitman games used to be great despite obvious flaws is because the game didn't shove its story and long cutscenes down your throat.It was just you doing your job and figuring out the plot mattered only in the end. Instead in absolution we got a hollywood style hitman who somehow has developed feelings.The plot is so cliche not to mention the most annoying characters I've ever seen in a game. I wouldve enjoyed this game if it was Jason Statham and not hitman.

Gameplay is decent but in-game achievements ruins everything by not letting you figure out the multiple ways to kill your target yourself.
  6. Dec 17, 2015
    Gameplay : 6
    Graphics : 7
    Story : 7
    Sound : 8
    Overall : 7
  7. Nov 20, 2015
    They ripped the soul out of Agent 47....this no longer feels like a Hitman game. You could easily take Sam Fisher from Blacklist and insert him into this world and call it Splinter Cell Absolution, and there would be no discernible difference, because this franchise has been razed by corporate greed and the lust for profit. As a result, saves are completely gone and replaced by dreadedThey ripped the soul out of Agent 47....this no longer feels like a Hitman game. You could easily take Sam Fisher from Blacklist and insert him into this world and call it Splinter Cell Absolution, and there would be no discernible difference, because this franchise has been razed by corporate greed and the lust for profit. As a result, saves are completely gone and replaced by dreaded checkpoints, so sometimes you must re-attempt the entire level after being spotted. You cannot choose your gear and/or purchase upgrades and you cannot walk among the crowd freely without arousing suspicion...and that is what kills the game and makes it feel like a generic stealth romp. Some of the signature kills are fun and humorous (ice cream truck - Lenny), but they are shrouded by frustration due to the broken stealth system.....the environments are sometimes very constricted yet there are a plethora of enemies littered on the map, so good luck trying not to get spotted. With the inclusion of instinct, I don't know what they were hoping to accomplish...and player actions which were available in the stealth genre a decade before this game was released, like whistling or knocking on walls to arouse suspicion, aren't included?? The game design here also makes you wonder, because little things like being spotted with a full face mask covering your entire head and head and having the enemy start **** in their pants with sadist blood-lust in their veins upon spotting you makes no logical sense. I urge anyone who hasn't played this to stay away. How many more franchises must be ruined to appeal to the Call of Duty ADHD generation? Assassins Creed, Thief, Mass Effect, Sim City, Batman, Dragon Age, SW: battlefront, fallout, hitman, battlefield, Need for speed, tony hawks, Resident Evil, Splinter Cell, The Sims...the list goes on. Expand
  8. Oct 29, 2015
    A good story with some great characters and humour, but gameplay is a bit mixed - rigid stealth mechanics with an arcade/consolitis feel. Sometimes you get detected for something that you would get away with in real life and vice-versa. Confusingly, enemy eyesight is matched to their torso instead of the direction their face is looking towards. The challenge is annoyingly increasedA good story with some great characters and humour, but gameplay is a bit mixed - rigid stealth mechanics with an arcade/consolitis feel. Sometimes you get detected for something that you would get away with in real life and vice-versa. Confusingly, enemy eyesight is matched to their torso instead of the direction their face is looking towards. The challenge is annoyingly increased artificially by over-populating levels with guards. To get past them you take things slowly and memorise their pre-defined patrol routes - which can get a bit tedious. The mechanics have a “puzzle game” feel to them. There is little room for improvisation. At least you can always go the guns blazing route if stealth gets too annoying. The gameplay does offer good replayability though, if you want to improve your score for each level and beat the scores of your friends.

Levels are on the small side and too linear, but many have nice detail and feel very alive with huge crowds of AI. Some also have funny things and some great easter-eggs. On a technical level though, the graphics are just average (aimed at xbox360 limitations). levels also take unreasonably long to load.

The control scheme feels a bit cumbersome. Shooting mechanics are acceptable, but melee combat is poor - clumsy and harsh quick time events that break the flow of the action. The screen FOV is low by desktop standards. The lack of frequent checkpoints or a manual save system can be annoying if you slip up and have to start from the beginning of a level. Also, your gear and outfit are not saved between levels. Even worse, if you reload a checkpoint, some enemies are alive that you killed before reaching that checkpoint.

So, gameplay is arguably not quite as good as in Blood Money, but I did find the story in Absolution much more entertaining. Other than some minor issues like very slow loading levels, a few bugs and glitches (once an AI spotting me through a floor), the game runs stable.

Overall it is a decent game to get when on sale.
  9. Sep 8, 2015
    I have tried very hard to like this game. I tried every options, this game gives the player but the only one what was usefull for me was to find a good position and kill everyone from there. this game makes everthing wrong what a game can make. in some parts you have to play like you wont play. In other parts you feel like this game wants to kidding you because evertything you do to beI have tried very hard to like this game. I tried every options, this game gives the player but the only one what was usefull for me was to find a good position and kill everyone from there. this game makes everthing wrong what a game can make. in some parts you have to play like you wont play. In other parts you feel like this game wants to kidding you because evertything you do to be stealthy wont work. so you can say : ok lets take a big gun and rush this **** but it isnt that easy. You know ****ty quicktime battle events? yeah in this game you have a situation where you have to fight and after 80 cinematics, if you fail, you can start from beginning and watch the crappy cinematics with bad voice acting and animations again and again. This game feels like the developers think, players are the dumbest idiots in the universe. seriously HO likes quicktime events? Or pressing a button fast as you can to break something? I asked friends if they like elements like this and everyone answered : no. No one likes quicktime events so why the fuk developers still think in 2015 this is an good idea? Expand
  10. Aug 31, 2015
    Don’t bother.

I really enjoyed the Hitman series on the PS2 and I was excited when I got this game. However, the terrible gameplay and AI assassinated any enjoyment I could have. The story is pretty lame, but that’s fine with me. I can live with that as that is not the reason I would play a Hitman game. Sure the graphics are great, but what does it matter when the gameplay stinks.
    Don’t bother.

The story is pretty lame, but that’s fine with me. I can live with that as that is not the reason I would play a Hitman game. Sure the graphics are great, but what does it matter when the gameplay stinks. The controls for the PC version of this are downright just bad. It is just another bad console port. Probably the most irritating part was actually the lack of freedom of what you wanted to do. In previous Hitman games you could find unique ways to complete your objective. Here, there are MULTIPLE times where the game will not let you dress in a disguise to get pass some guards or blend in. It’s like certain characters that would make things easier or logical are off limits because the developers want you to complete the mission some other way. To me that is not what the Hitman games were about. Additionally, there are huge AI problems here. You have like 50 police officers searching a building for a guy and somehow everybody knows everybody. If you get too close or walk too fast even in disguise, uh oh! That must be him because everybody knows everyone! Just so many things that make no sense.

I made it to about 10 hours in and thought to myself why I am playing this terrible game. Time to uninstall.

Save your money and avoid.
  11. Aug 19, 2015
    For those who complain that ''it's not the same as the originals'' I tell say this: Splinter Cell Conviction. I was a huge fan of the old SC games, and I enjoyed SCC as well. Just because the developers decided to go down a different path for the game does not mean that it's a bad game. The game itself is a very enjoyable stealth-action mix that has a decent story; in fact it has the bestFor those who complain that ''it's not the same as the originals'' I tell say this: Splinter Cell Conviction. I was a huge fan of the old SC games, and I enjoyed SCC as well. Just because the developers decided to go down a different path for the game does not mean that it's a bad game. The game itself is a very enjoyable stealth-action mix that has a decent story; in fact it has the best story out of all the Hitman games I would argue.

Play it, but don't go into it expecting it to be like the previous games.
  12. May 23, 2015
    This game was an improvement from blood money
    The graphics was amazing and the A.I was pretty smart
    I love the choices that you could make for killing enemies
    Overall, good game
  13. May 15, 2015
  14. Apr 16, 2015
    Yes, sadly the game is not a new Blood Money experience, we can all agree on that one. But you have to be blind not to see that this is a pureblood Hitman game, with modern gameplay mechanics, plus amazing graphics.

There are still plenty ways to finish off a mission, stealth is implemented good and AI is above average. New aim system however, is irrelevant to a hardcore Hitman player like myself :)

I am giving it a 9 because the story could offer more. I don't know what but... more...
  15. Mar 31, 2015
    After Blood Money, which was a great comeback for the series, my expectations were high for number 5. Hitman: Absolution, unfortunately is more of an interactive movie than a hitman game. The graphics are impressive, but they come at a high price. The design is more colorfull and less stylish compared to the original games. It takes away from the atmosphere and makes everything lessAfter Blood Money, which was a great comeback for the series, my expectations were high for number 5. Hitman: Absolution, unfortunately is more of an interactive movie than a hitman game. The graphics are impressive, but they come at a high price. The design is more colorfull and less stylish compared to the original games. It takes away from the atmosphere and makes everything less convincing. Levels are cut up in different sections with checkpoints and autosave. This is for me a capital crime. In the old Hitman games you had to plan your entry, the hit and your escape. If something went wrong, you had to improvise to make it out alive. Doing this, you could go back and foreward at will. Checkpoints destroy this game mechanic and the suspense it generated.

Few of the missions were actually interesting, "attack of the saints" with the cornfield being one of the exceptions. That was probably the highlight in this mediocre game. For my taste, this game brought too much flash to Hitman, while not capturing enough of the essence.
  16. Mar 11, 2015
    Although the maps are way more smaller than the previus games of Hitman, there are too many ways to complete the objective now. This would reflect to my review as a -1, as I believe that both making a big map and having many ways to complete the objective could've been accomplished.
    Something that bugged me a lot about the game was 47's ability to conceal large weapons. None of this nonsense has been made in the previous games and it added a challenge of trying to bring the large weapon back undetected. As this bugged me a lot, it would reflect as a -2
    Another thing that bugged me very often and very much was the dialouges. No, not the in game dialouges, the cutsene dialouges. I can't be the only one that hated how they all sounded like some action movie trailers:
    - I need the information.
    - Well, that's my bussiness, information! You need information, I find information.
    - And a price of course
    (Cliche scary bass sound enters after the bass cello in the background)
    - You're damn right in the price!
    I would like to write all of the action movie trailer like cutscenes but onfortunatelty MetaCritic allows only 5000 characters.
    This thing made me hate the game a lot and made me want to just skip all the cutscenes and sacrifice all the storyline, but from what I have read, no one really saw or got irritated by this. Despite I would like to give this a easily a -3, the fact that no one got disturbed by this would decrease the reflection on the game by -1

What I really loved about the game was the "contracts" and the "absolution". I loved the way that there are now unlimited possible objectives in a map. I know that the maps will bore the player after a time afterall, but I'm sure this feature made the game a lot more fun for the most of the players. This would reflect as a +2 to the review score.
  17. Mar 8, 2015
    Maybe it's a good game. I don't know because I uninstalled the game after I had to to restart it three times and each time having my save games deleted. According to the various threads I read, this is relatively frequent for an issue of that importance. So the developers knew they had the bug, shipped the game anyway and didn't bother to fix it afterward. The only "solution" apparently isMaybe it's a good game. I don't know because I uninstalled the game after I had to to restart it three times and each time having my save games deleted. According to the various threads I read, this is relatively frequent for an issue of that importance. So the developers knew they had the bug, shipped the game anyway and didn't bother to fix it afterward. The only "solution" apparently is to save your saves somewhere else which is of course total BS. Just don't buy it. Expand
  18. Jan 27, 2015
    If you liked Blood money and bought this game as many did because Hitman Blood-Money was just a top shelf hitman game, Only to be presented with some form of Linear choiceless rail driven drivel story that side tracked combat and cutscenes and presented you with a wonderful 0 HITS

This is just like the Tomb Raider Reboot these newer developers should just stop and please PLEASE either get a job in something else or KILL THEM SELVES.
  19. Nov 10, 2014
    First of all, the main character is male which is terrble and unrelatable, who wants to be a stinky overemotional male? If that wasn't bad enough, at multiple points in the story the game forces you to kill sex workers for no reason. Do not recommend.
  20. Oct 29, 2014
    Hitman series has taken a low blow to the lower intestinal region, this is nothing like the brilliant Blood Money game and prior games.

If you are a classic Hitman fan, you may want to avoid this game. The first fish market mission was great, you have the usual hitman style gameplay in a sandboxed area, then everything goes haywire. It turns into a linear storyline, classic hitman

If you are a classic Hitman fan, you may want to avoid this game.

The first fish market mission was great, you have the usual hitman style gameplay in a sandboxed area, then everything goes haywire. It turns into a linear storyline, classic hitman elements are thrown out the window, it turns into a linear Max Payne style game.

Not good. This is not the Hitman we know.
    Stopped playing after 3-4 missions.

Attempting to play the game while ignoring the fact that it is a hitman game failed.
    At a basic level it simply doesn't deliver, not sure what the devs were trying to accomplish but it just doesn't work.

For the love of Hitman... bring back the classic Hitman style sandbox gameplay, don't try to be an emotional linear action FPS... it simply doesn't work with this franchise.

21. Oct 10, 2014
    This is a Must Have as a Stealth Lover. Simple as that. It looks awesome, the surrounding is awesome, the music is awesome, all the different ways to approach every mission are awesome.

Mathematical!
  22. Oct 4, 2014
    A much dynamic version of previous Hitmans. But actually it hurts the game a little. More levels can be more dynamic but, it's also making it repetitive. How many times have you said something like, "Oh **** do I have to run down those guys again?". I said a lot.

Another thing is, the AI. Yes the AI is much more clever, but a gain they are blind. I don't know how would us play this game if they weren't, I simply don't care this a lot.

The checkpoint system is **** By far the worst feature of the game. Why can't you save like older Hitman games man, it's just, full retard. I killed or strangled all those pricks and they respawn after the checkpoint? What is the point of the checkpoint then.

The new score system is a lackluster. Not needed, thanks.

There are some good features like cover changing, instincts (for n00bs), environmental weapons... You can actually kill a man using a ****ing bong! Awesome. But because of the score system, kills count negative, so...

Do I have to say that it has a surprising ending? This is Hitman game ffs.

Too bad that this requires much less effort to solve. Even my dog can, and I don't even have a dog.
  23. Sep 13, 2014
    Surprisingly excellent addition to the Hitman series. I loved original Hitman back in 2000, especially the tension from big stealth missions that you couldn't save and every single mistake was fatal. Extremely disappointed with Hitman 2 where you could suddenly save and all the tension was gone, so I abandoned the series and got back after 12 years. Happy to see that our 47 is back in topSurprisingly excellent addition to the Hitman series. I loved original Hitman back in 2000, especially the tension from big stealth missions that you couldn't save and every single mistake was fatal. Extremely disappointed with Hitman 2 where you could suddenly save and all the tension was gone, so I abandoned the series and got back after 12 years. Happy to see that our 47 is back in top form. Checkpoint system is a nice compromise, so the tension is still there, but the frustration of repeating entire missions when things go wrong is not so painful. Visually it's beautiful, really good looking engine that runs smoothly, fantastic crowds, rich colors, details, really good controls. Melee fights are kinda lackluster with QT button mashing, but that's not what Hitman is here for anyway, this is about stealth, about being unseen, about moving like a cat in the midst of the enemy territory and silencing the unwanted targets. I loved it, played new Thief recently and even though that's supposed to be primarily even more focused on stealth, I was enjoying Absolution stealth mechanics more. Good old disguise system is here, but this time, they can recognize you if you have the same outfit as them, kinda logical, but also kinda annoying. Loving the environmental opportunities in this game. Absolution is not as exotic as previous games that were all around the world, this feels more like a retro USA road trip, but it's good, it feels compact and more focused to that and there is still pretty good amount of variation here, sometimes even reminiscent of the past - Chinatown, bar, hotel, etc. Story was a bit monotonous, in the vein of get the girl, almost got her, oops, someone else took her, so let's get her again somewhere else and so on, but it was still presented in a nice almost cinematic feel and I really liked the experience overall. 9/10 Expand
  24. Aug 16, 2014
    this game is simply awesome. since i started playing it i loved it. i played every hitman exept the third one, so i was expecting it to be equal to blood money but with other levels. i was very surprised to know it was different, and i was glad. I didnt want a game i already played with better graphics and new levels, i wanted something fresh and new. Some people say its too easy becausethis game is simply awesome. since i started playing it i loved it. i played every hitman exept the third one, so i was expecting it to be equal to blood money but with other levels. i was very surprised to know it was different, and i was glad. I didnt want a game i already played with better graphics and new levels, i wanted something fresh and new. Some people say its too easy because you always know where to go, those people are playing it on easy and normal. Real hitman players would play it on hard or purist. If you never played a hitman before, I recommend hard, if you have played a hitman before, play on purist. Expand
  25. Aug 11, 2014
    Really boring and disappointing after two years of pubs and all these stuff and no matter how years of work. Very unpleasant and doesn't worth even to talk about. There's no fun in playing this, it can only gives headaches. When I watched gameplay videos I thought: Wow, really impressive. Hitman 2 is miles better than this crap. Even though this game worth a 7 on score, but I won't give itReally boring and disappointing after two years of pubs and all these stuff and no matter how years of work. Very unpleasant and doesn't worth even to talk about. There's no fun in playing this, it can only gives headaches. When I watched gameplay videos I thought: Wow, really impressive. Hitman 2 is miles better than this crap. Even though this game worth a 7 on score, but I won't give it after all this long expectation. Expand
  26. Aug 6, 2014
    Once again Square Enix ruin a classic pc franchise in order to cater to 12 year old console gamers. I've been a fan of this series since it began and I used to love that they progressively improved it as it went along. Now its a different game. Tiny, linear levels and pointless achievements to try and increase re playability. There were no achievements in the early games and I must haveOnce again Square Enix ruin a classic pc franchise in order to cater to 12 year old console gamers. I've been a fan of this series since it began and I used to love that they progressively improved it as it went along. Now its a different game. Tiny, linear levels and pointless achievements to try and increase re playability. There were no achievements in the early games and I must have played some of those levels a hundred times over (Traditions of the Trade anyone?), for no other reason than they were beautifully designed and thought out. After this, Thief, and to a lesser extent Deus Ex, Square Enix need to have a serious think about who they have in overall control of the direction their games are going. Genuinely saddened that such a classic series has ceased to be. Expand
  27. Jul 31, 2014
    Game is masterpiece in every aspect, from story to gameplay. Far better than previous "Blood Money". Bots are smarter. Also you can pretend to surrender & other interesting stuff, like creating your own contracts for your friends, or doing your friend's contracts. I enjoyed every mission, from beginning to the end. Graphics are also very good for 2012. In short, Very well made game.
  28. Jul 30, 2014
    People who didn't like "Blood Money" seem to like "Absolution". Need I say more?

Extreme linear missions without any planning-phase! No more weapon-upgrades or loadout-selection (!), A braindead "disguise"-system that forces you to "sneak" and crawl like a kid who watched too much spy-movies. Quick-Time-Event-Fighting. (You've read right: numb quick-time-event-fights! The cancer of

Extreme linear missions without any planning-phase!
    No more weapon-upgrades or loadout-selection (!),
    Quick-Time-Event-Fighting. (You've read right: numb quick-time-event-fights! The cancer of modern gaming dumbed down even further.)

No more cool mission-score-system like in Blood money.
    Instead you have to bare with a "High-score-system" that pops up stupiditly in your face while you are midst a mission.

All of it is wrapped up in a pathetic and illogical story.

Don't buy this shiny garbage and don't belive any of the high ratings!
  29. Jul 29, 2014
    After 6 years without a new game in the series, Hitman fans were waiting for this and hoping it would be great. I was one of those as I got it day one and was disappointed at how much it changed in those years of development from good to bad. There is no link between the games in the story or any part of the game itself. It is hard to give this game a bad review because of its greatAfter 6 years without a new game in the series, Hitman fans were waiting for this and hoping it would be great. I was one of those as I got it day one and was disappointed at how much it changed in those years of development from good to bad. There is no link between the games in the story or any part of the game itself. It is hard to give this game a bad review because of its great predecessors but there is a major change from the series going backwards as this game had small maps, terrible AI, bad game mechanics (so that there is always a few ways to kill and complete the mission just they are all basically the same) and also the contracts mode which failed poorly because yes in the past players have challenged each other to become the better assassin. But this game was too bad that no one really tried to compete because it can all be done the same way. This was a bad turn in the series and I hope the new game will revive the great Hitman series. Expand
  30. Jul 16, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a fun, action packed stealth game. The graphics are amazing, the crowds are stunning and the people are so lifelike. I loved the story line to this game, and the bad-assery in this game was amazing. This game is built around this one person, Victoria who is basically a lab experiment who is a bad ass kid. The agency and a douche named "Dexter" both want her. Agent 47 must protect her. The game was great, the only problem I had was the amount of swearing, but I suppose it is a 18+ game. I would defiantly recommend, and you can kill your enemies in many crafty ways. Expand
  31. Nov 16, 2013
    After playing Blood Money, and loving it, I was excited to hear about Absolution. Then I played it...
    No sniper rifle in the briefcase
    No custom weapons for each level Can't aim down the sight on the guns THAT HAVE OPTICS Lose points for anyone that isn't a main target, even if you just knock them out. The tutorial at the start teaches you how to sneak, use your fibre wire, point
    No sniper rifle in the briefcase
    No custom weapons for each level
    Can't aim down the sight on the guns THAT HAVE OPTICS
    The tutorial at the start teaches you how to sneak, use your fibre wire, point shooting, etc...but all are useless since it'll just count against you...

I found it far too easy to just run and gun, since this game plays like a shooter, not a stalker. If I'm going to lose points, might as well go big and kill everyone...

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 6, 2013
    Despite the deviations and minor shortcomings, it remains true to its roots. It just brushes them aside for a while, just long enough for it to tell its story- a story where the traditional contracts and other usual components just wouldn’t fit. [January 2013]
  2. Jan 8, 2013
    Hitman: Absolution does stand out from the ocean of gray and brown shooters that populate the market, but not in enough good ways to warrant a recommendation.
  3. Dec 26, 2012
    It's not a bad game by any means, and it does fix some problems with the controls that plagued previous games, but having the story that essentially makes Agent 47 less of a hitman and more of an espionage hero, makes Absolution a decent stealth game but not a fantastic Hitman game.