Hitman: Absolution PC

7.0

1. Jul 1, 2014
    It's not exactly like previous Hitman games, but it is still true enough to the series and fun in its own right to be a good game. Not great, but worth the sale price. SCORE: 80/100.

Graphics are like most Squeenix games are now: amazing (Tomb Raider, Hitman Absolution, Deus Ex, Sleeping Dogs - they nail it HARD). Played on ULTRA at 1600p and it's a beast. It taxes the ASUS 290x even more than Tomb Raider, but I don't think it looks any better, so maybe not optimized as well. Regardless, stunning.

It is a bit more closed-in and linear but not linear in the way a platformer is or anything. Still multiple ways to solve objectives.

They have already said the next one will be true to form. Update this already beautiful engine, make it open world, and bam, perfect Hitman.
  2. Dec 2, 2012
    Hitman Absolution is a great game, the graphics are very good. But unfortunately they've made it more storyline based rather than like Blood Money. The disguises don't work unless you have a certain amount of instinct. But most of the time you always run out and start a huge firefight. Which completely ruins the stealth of this game. I understand that if there is no instincts bar thenHitman Absolution is a great game, the graphics are very good. But unfortunately they've made it more storyline based rather than like Blood Money. The disguises don't work unless you have a certain amount of instinct. But most of the time you always run out and start a huge firefight. Which completely ruins the stealth of this game. I understand that if there is no instincts bar then it'll be just like Blood Money where you can wear a disguise and go wherever you want without being caught. But they should at least make it last longer, especially in out door areas.

The way stealth has been implemented in this game is that it's more cover based stealth. You cant be seen 99% of the time. But in a good way it makes the game a lot more harder especially in the hardest difficulty Purist. It's all about trial and error, waiting for that person to move, what you can do there and where to go etc. The weapons are ok, but there needs to be more silenced weapons, rather than un-silenced loud weapons which you pick up from the NPCs on the level. You cant choose which weapons you can have before you start a level, which is slightly annoying. You can only do that on contracts mode.

The levels are also quite linear, but in a good way on some. There are many weapons in the environment that you can kill people with which is awesome.

The voice acting of Bateson is also pretty good but in some cutscenes there could had been more opportunity for him to speak. You can listen to him speaking when you press F1.

The game runs fine, but I hope in the future that Nixxies improves it because I only get around 45-60+ FPS but the game runs fine. (Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz. ATI Radeon 6950)

Overall, the game is pretty good. It's just that it could had been better if the disguise system wasn't so annoyingly broken, and getting caught ALL the time.
  3. Nov 23, 2012
    As most reviews say, this is not the Hitman you know, this is very different. The levels are not as big as some of the previous games, but if you ask me, they are way more detailed and more options than the previous Hitman games. You don't get to much of an open world anymore, but more a, get from point A to Point B style. i was skeptical about this at first, but grew to love it, evenAs most reviews say, this is not the Hitman you know, this is very different. The levels are not as big as some of the previous games, but if you ask me, they are way more detailed and more options than the previous Hitman games. You don't get to much of an open world anymore, but more a, get from point A to Point B style. i was skeptical about this at first, but grew to love it, even though it's a From point A to B, you still get alot of diversion and ALOT of choices on how you wanna get there. The new disguise system is 50/50, i love how it adds to the realism. The cop will know you are not one of his colleagues, but how is the civillian to know that you are not a cop? It is a bit to sensitive though, even though you are standing with your back to a guy who is 6-7 meters away he will still notice that you are not one of them, and that is a bit to much. You don't get to choose what weapons and equipment you wanna use anymore at the start of the game though, but i think this adds to the fun, and it works well with the story, this also means that you don't have a pocket filled with thousand coins anymore, instead you gotta find objects around the world, that you can use as distractions/weapons, this is also a welcome change.
    The story is also a big part of Absolution, in the previous games. You got your mission and then you executed it, however you felt like and that was that, and that was good, cause that's why you played it.
    I felt alot more motivated to keep going in this one, cause of the story and what happend in it, and even though i mostly try to do it stealth with none or a few extra casualties , there was just places where i went in guns blazing cause i didn't think the ones i was up against deserved to live. I also had some really heartpounding moments, cause i was so focused on killing my target for one reason or another and that rarely happens to me.
    On that note, it also alot funnier to do fire fights in Absolution: When you empty your 45 cal. UMP magazine into a guy and you see him spasm all over the place as he falls to the ground, feels really awesome.

All in all I will give this game a 9/10 it is a great game, but with a few things i would like tweeked, but these things are so minor that they can be looked through pretty easly. Don't expect the next version of Blood Money, but a deeper more involved game.
  4. Dec 31, 2012
    This is by far the best game I played this year. The major pros are: 1) The graphics are the best I've ever seen; 2) The gameplay encourages thinking before acting; it's not a shoot-them-all kind of game, which is a good thing; 3) Excellent story and presentation: I usually don't watch cut scenes, but the story is so good and the cinematic presentation is so well-executed that I could notThis is by far the best game I played this year. The major pros are: 1) The graphics are the best I've ever seen; 2) The gameplay encourages thinking before acting; it's not a shoot-them-all kind of game, which is a good thing; 3) Excellent story and presentation: I usually don't watch cut scenes, but the story is so good and the cinematic presentation is so well-executed that I could not just skip the cut scenes (yes, it's that good); 4) Superb animation and voice acting, particularly Dexter's (the main villain); 5) Great replay value: I have already played 45+ hours (the first play through took me 18 hours) but I don't feel I'm done with this game yet. I just have a few complaints about this game. They are not deal breakers, but they become really annoying at times. The major cons are: 1) Lack of enough checkpoints (i.e., save points): It's already bad enough that the game does not allow you to save the progress at any time, but in Hitman this gets exacerbated by the fact that you don't have enough checkpoints in normal difficulty. This discourages exploration because if you get killed you have to restart the level, making the gameplay more linear than it should be (.i.e., it encourages you to just complete the objectives as quietly and quickly as possible and move on to the next level); 2) The score system is unbalanced: for a game that allows you to hit people in so many ways (with bottles, bricks, syringes, knives, metal pipes, tomahawks, etc) I would expected to be encouraged to hit people; unfortunately, the score system penalizes you really hard if you hit civilians (3000+ points) and non-target bad guys (300+ points) . Overall, it Expand
  5. Jan 6, 2013
    I don't understand all of the hate here for this game, go back and play contracts, then boot this up and I dare you to say this game isn't better. It's a solid game with a **** ton of single player campaign to play through. It's not perfect but **** - 0 scores? Come on now, don't be so quick to trash it because a new dev tried something different, give it the credit it's due. This isI don't understand all of the hate here for this game, go back and play contracts, then boot this up and I dare you to say this game isn't better. It's a solid game with a **** ton of single player campaign to play through. It's not perfect but **** - 0 scores? Come on now, don't be so quick to trash it because a new dev tried something different, give it the credit it's due. This is a solid game that has a lot of variety, and it's a ton of fun. Name one other game besides grand theft auto maybe where you can run around an entire map and kill every single person you see with a bong. Expand
  6. CBZ
    Dec 3, 2012
    Many things have changed since Hitman: Blood Money. The graphics have improved immensely, each room is full of details that are unique to that room, not the classic standard decor that repeats in the whole game. The character moves more fluidly, and it includes features like the quicksooting (i think that's what is called). There are many more levels than in HM: BM, however, they areMany things have changed since Hitman: Blood Money. The graphics have improved immensely, each room is full of details that are unique to that room, not the classic standard decor that repeats in the whole game. The character moves more fluidly, and it includes features like the quicksooting (i think that's what is called). There are many more levels than in HM: BM, however, they are shorter and more linear. The door feature makes it impossible to finish the mission the way you want but rather the way they designed it to be finished. The contracts mode makes the game much more replayable by creating new objectives and the community seems very involved when it comes to create new contracts.
    As you can see, this new release is a mixed bag of new changes but I believe the pros clearly outweight the cons.
    Absolution is a title worth buying if you take it with an open mind and dont expect Blood money with better textures.
  7. Nov 23, 2012
    Departure from the Hitman we knew in Blood Money but nonetheless a good game. My only big issue is with the disguise system and some minor interaction issues. Allows you to be creative with the kills and presents a good enough challenge that I will go through again and try and achieve perfection on all of the missions.
  8. Jan 4, 2013
    Wow, amazing game. I'll get the bad THING out of the way first and that is the DISGUISE system. You are too easily recognized by people wearing the same clothes, realistic, but ridiculous.
    Second of all red reviews should be ignored because they are mainly complaining due to the game "crashing" or "bad controls" or "bad graphics". Crashing? Your computer's fault. Bad controls? Play it with a controller. Bad Graphics? Get a better computer. Make sure you have an ideal computer before even trying to review a game. Not their fault.
    The game itself is amazing, Good story, clear view on who's the "bad guy" and the game's audio and visual are stunning. Unlike the past Hitman games you seem to be more interactive with the environment. 9/10
  9. Nov 28, 2012
    Yes this Hitman is too much corridor. Also selection of weapons (no mods) and the embarrassing fact that large sniper rifle (and any other big guns), you just hide it under a coat . But if I have to evaluate the game as a whole its great, and I still have the urge to pass it again and again. I went through it twice already and now i have started playing on the purist difficulty with anyYes this Hitman is too much corridor. Also selection of weapons (no mods) and the embarrassing fact that large sniper rifle (and any other big guns), you just hide it under a coat . But if I have to evaluate the game as a whole its great, and I still have the urge to pass it again and again. I went through it twice already and now i have started playing on the purist difficulty with any support off .. AND THIS IS WHERE THE REAL HITMAN BEGINS. At this moment, you forget all the shortcomings of this game. It is definitely not a dumb Console shooter but you will get a decent amount of paranoia, anxiety, and you will need logical and tactical thinking. If i evaluate the AI in Blood Money and Absolution (the hardest difficulty)Absolution is the winner, relates to the reality of a response and adversaries alike. A graphic is just amazing. Great gameplay, AI, reality of environments and graphics. For me it's 9/10. Expand
  10. Aug 17, 2013
    Great atmosphere, great story and great graphics, solid 8 by me, but it could be better. Game just needs more polishing. Too many bugs and lots of really irritating aspects. Since when building's security is permitted to use smg and assault rifles or even to run any investigation "We have suspect here" Those latex dominatrix nuns with guns a'la Elite Guard from RTCW are not even better.Great atmosphere, great story and great graphics, solid 8 by me, but it could be better. Game just needs more polishing. Too many bugs and lots of really irritating aspects. Since when building's security is permitted to use smg and assault rifles or even to run any investigation "We have suspect here" Those latex dominatrix nuns with guns a'la Elite Guard from RTCW are not even better. County jail in Hope bigger than Alcatraz isn't far behind... Seriously, where did you get all this sick crap IO Definitely old Hitman 2: Silent Assassin is still the best part. Expand
  11. Dec 23, 2012
    A sometimes underrated game. Although changing from previous instalments, it is an enjoyable and complex game that allows you to go through levels in many different ways (if you are lucky enough to find them), often leading to me taking completely different routes after restoring checkpoints etc.

The openness of previous games is taken from this Hitman, but it doesn't ruin the game, considering the story, and I'm not sure whether it's on purpose that levels get better and better on the way through, or whether it's you adjusting to each situation. Worth a thorough playthrough
  12. Nov 20, 2012
    This is truly one of the most definitive Hitman experiences out there, there are so many more options compared to the previous games, what would you like to do? Subdue a target discetely then take his clothes and attempt to walk straight through? But what if they notice you, what then, shall you proceed to use instinct to blend in and move away or perhaps find an alternate route? IfThis is truly one of the most definitive Hitman experiences out there, there are so many more options compared to the previous games, what would you like to do? Subdue a target discetely then take his clothes and attempt to walk straight through? But what if they notice you, what then, shall you proceed to use instinct to blend in and move away or perhaps find an alternate route? If you're caught, what then will you do, melee quitely and hope you're note widely discovered, fake surrender and take him as a human shield and blast your way out, or perhaps you skip the fake surrender and go straight for guns blazing? That's not even half of what you could do either, there are just so many more options in this sequel than the others. Sure, it doesn't have as many "simulation" features such as the inability to hide heavy 2 handed weapons on you, or having animations manually put your guns away along with other small features, but it trades those in for smoother gun control, more gameplay options, with a more complex melee system that works out for the better. One thing I would say that detracts, which I believe was intentional, was that if you put two bodies into a locker/closet together, you can see just before the doors close that they are positioned purposely in a way so as to make it look like they are having standing "doggystyle" sex, something which I think is a small detractor because the comedy feels so out of place and random that it doesn't blend well. If it wasn't intentional, which I doubt, I would very much like it to be fixed, for atmosphere's sake in a game such as this which has such a serious tone.

The AI has been given a major overhaul, truly reacting to each and every thing you do in the environment, reacting accordingly to it as well, although with a few minor hickups and glitches that aren't all too noticeable. It's hard to go in depth about the AI because of how diverse and complex it is, given the multitude of situations that they react differently in each and every time. One thing I do like though, is now other people in the environment may notice you or become suspicious if you're wearing a certain disguise.

Finally, the story. The characters are all unique in their mannerisms, voices, and look, each with their own feel and flavor to them. Their voice acting is all great and manages to make them feel alive and animated.

One flaw that was fatal in the game for me, detracting it an entire point, was the checkpoint system. This checkpoint system doesn't save your progress, it simply records your character up to that point and places you in that position, let me explain. Say you clear a room of guys, then you get a checkpoint. You die, naturally, and come back to it, and now all of the guys you just got through killing in the previous room before the checkpoint are back. This I felt detracted greatly from the sense of accomplishment if you pull off a very smooth gunfight sequence, only to find out all your efforts were in vain after dieing past the next checkpoint. A good amount of the levels are sectioned off though, so the checkpoint system seems to work in a way that doesn't hamper the player in those parts, but in the larger sandbox maps, it becomes very frustrating.

Finally, there is contracts mode, which enables you to cutsomize and create your very own hits and share them with the community. This is something that I wouldn't of expected to come from a game such as this, and works so well in so many ways as to be entirely unique, and hopefully becomes a permanent addition to the series from now on.

Overall this is a fantastic game with tons of content and as much polish as possible for the date they had set, very few bugs of any kind have been encountered and the everything seems to work as it should. Hats off to the developers for making such a fantastic game.
  13. Mar 28, 2013
    The graphics are awesome, the game is very ruthless, but you can manage to go through a mission without actually doing it 'the right way'. Lots of options on how to kill your targets if you are patient and spend time exploring the maps. I like the story aswell. I didn't play any of the other games though, so I have nothing to compare it to, other than the fact it is a better stealth gameThe graphics are awesome, the game is very ruthless, but you can manage to go through a mission without actually doing it 'the right way'. Lots of options on how to kill your targets if you are patient and spend time exploring the maps. I like the story aswell. I didn't play any of the other games though, so I have nothing to compare it to, other than the fact it is a better stealth game to me, than most. It held me entertained through the campaign the whole way and I wanted to know more of the story as it went along. I liked the gunplay and the options that I had for killing my targets.

It isn't exactly perfect, but it was a great experience, 8/10
  14. Nov 27, 2012
    New game about Agent 47 causes only good feelings. Developers created new game engine for Hitman. Graphics in this game is nice. New elements organically was added in gameplay. Story was surprised for me. But I can't to choose best game in this year about killer/assassin? Hitman or Assassin's Creed? On my mind, today we have two perfect action games. When was the last time?
  15. Nov 21, 2012
    The only reason why there are negative reviews for this game in the series is that it's no longer an easy game. The mechanics are much harder now, you can no longer just grab an outfit and do almost anything you want. Police also can recognize a bald man with a bar code on his head now. With that, the kills are much more rewarding. You really have to think to figure out how toThe only reason why there are negative reviews for this game in the series is that it's no longer an easy game. The mechanics are much harder now, you can no longer just grab an outfit and do almost anything you want. Police also can recognize a bald man with a bar code on his head now. With that, the kills are much more rewarding. You really have to think to figure out how to assassinate your targets because the stealth aspect is a lot harder now. The real break from the previous installments is how much harder it is to figure things out when you are constantly trying to sneak pass people. A lot of people complain about being on the run all the time, that's because this game is hard and they're just stuck on the earlier missions. If you want to be a mass murder instead of a silent assassin, the game also sets it up perfectly by putting you in crowded streets and access to explosives. The shooting at this point is very similar to any modern day fps. There are story levels that's pretty linear but there's definitely a good mix of levels that's traditional Hitman. The new fun ways to take out your targets are creative and fun. Of course that also means you need enjoy solving puzzles because it's no longer as obvious. With the exception of the few plot driven levels, there's multiple entries and many different ways to kill your target. The only reason why it might seem like there's no options is if you're going for the perfection kill, no disguises, no blown covers and only kill your target. Otherwise, there's a ton of options and the only downside is that some civilians might get killed when you drop a chandelier down. The only complaint I have is that if you killed someone by making it look like an accident, it shouldn't take points off for the kill. You're still a ghost if a horrible "accident" happens to kill civilians. Expand
  16. Nov 23, 2012
    After having played the first few levels, I was
    very disappointed. Almost everything I loved about the previous
    Hitman seems to have gone. The exploration of sandbox stages and finding interesting ways to perform the kill in a world full of possibilities. Here I have to infiltrate buildings and evade stuff through segmented and pretty linear levels. I hated it at first and as a
    After having played the first few levels, I was
    very disappointed. Almost everything I loved about the previous
    Hitman seems to have gone. The exploration of sandbox
    stages and finding interesting ways to perform the kill in a world
    segmented and pretty linear levels. I hated
    it at first and as a classic Hitman game this one deserves
    something around 4/10.

But it would unfair to condemn Absolution, because as game
    it's really good. The control and gunfights have been improved
    considerably. Visually and artistically its stunning, even
    on older cards like my gtx260. All those little conversations
    among enemies create a dense atmosphere. Many claim the
    disguise system is broken. At first I thought that too, but
    its not. It just takes time (and good will) to adjust to the pretty merciless mechanic, especially on higher difficulty settings.

Despite all the strengths this tile has, I seriously hope
    IO reconsider their design approach for future Hitman games.
  17. Nov 19, 2012
    I had my doubts before the release but now I am relieved that all the negative reviews of the game were nonsense. The game is great and if you loved the previous ones, you will probably enjoy this one too.
  18. Mar 17, 2013
    I've never played the other Hitman games, but I thoroughly enjoyed this game. I really didn't expect to, as I figured the entire franchise was slow and clunky, but this was fun and engaging.
  19. Dec 14, 2012
    Darkness, violence, freedom, diversity. More features. Great atmosphere. There is still a lot of room for improvements but would it be still enjoyable if it was more difficult and realistic ? For me it's a must have.
  20. Jan 20, 2013
    This game is simply stunning from the atmospheric graphics, to the all out action. Not to mention the the background sound that is pretty amazing too. The point shout killing feature and the slow motion effect is just amazing. Overall this is one of my favorite games, And the best one in the Hitman series I've ever played. Looking forward to the sequel of Hitman: Absolution.
  21. Nov 25, 2012
    I'll start off by saying up front that this is my first Hitman game. I just finished it this evening. There are so many games that I don't enjoy and struggle through to the end (like Assasins Creed 1+2, or Mass effect 3), or just abandon all together because they just aren't fun (too many to list unfortunately). I found this game a lot of fun, and I kept coming back until I had beat the SPI'll start off by saying up front that this is my first Hitman game. I just finished it this evening. There are so many games that I don't enjoy and struggle through to the end (like Assasins Creed 1+2, or Mass effect 3), or just abandon all together because they just aren't fun (too many to list unfortunately). I found this game a lot of fun, and I kept coming back until I had beat the SP campaign, and will keep coming back to play the contracts mode and improve my hitman skills and scores. Most of the time, my attempted hits turned into massive bloodbaths, usually because I was impatient, or because I was wearing the wrong disguise and didn't stay out of sight.

When things turned into a massacre, I thought to myself "That's ok, I can play this level again, but differently the next time". Next time...See, most single player games I play, then forget about and generally never play again. This game, I find myself wanting to come back and play it, find new ways to play it, master etc. There is a lot of challenge there, and it's compelling.

Disguises work fine. You just have to find a disguise that won't get you sprung as easily. I found that each level usually has at least one unique disguise that allows you free reign of a level, or at least most areas of it.
    The story was deliberately ham-fisted and tongue-in-cheek and the sections people are complaining about are either very short and inconsequential, or they can be approaching in a completely different way (the quick-time event wrestling match could be done in multiple ways).

I will make a point of playing Blood Money now, as I have it on Steam, but as a noob to the series, I had no problems with Absolution at all. It offered many different ways to complete objectives, and the firefights were very engaging and satisfying thanks to great animations, ragdoll physics and an amazing visual engine in general. I thought it was excellent, as well as being one of the best looking games I have ever played, and very well optimized too. It ran on average at 100fps on my HD5850 and i5 2500K, at 1080p on the highest settings, bar MSAA.
  22. Jan 19, 2013
    An excellent game on PC if you take it on its own and quit moaning about how its not exactly like the ones from 10 years ago. Graphics are amazing on a beast machine this game is your showcase game. GORGEOUS. Story is good enough that you know why your doing what your doing and thats the key element. Your actually a sneaky assassin and its damn fun trying to figure out all the ways to killAn excellent game on PC if you take it on its own and quit moaning about how its not exactly like the ones from 10 years ago. Graphics are amazing on a beast machine this game is your showcase game. GORGEOUS. Story is good enough that you know why your doing what your doing and thats the key element. Your actually a sneaky assassin and its damn fun trying to figure out all the ways to kill your target! In short, this is one of the best games in 2012. Expand
  23. Nov 20, 2012
    Play Blood Money after playing Absolution, and then tell me which one is a better reflection of how games should be in 2012. Absolution is technically, amazing. ~700 NPCs on screen in China Town. Great graphics. Don't get me wrong, I loved Blood Money.. I loved Blood Money almost as much as Hitman 2 when it came out... but now? Blood Money > Hitman 2... in time, Absolution may havePlay Blood Money after playing Absolution, and then tell me which one is a better reflection of how games should be in 2012. Absolution is technically, amazing. ~700 NPCs on screen in China Town. Great graphics. Don't get me wrong, I loved Blood Money.. I loved Blood Money almost as much as Hitman 2 when it came out... but now? Blood Money > Hitman 2... in time, Absolution may have the same effect. Expand
  24. Nov 25, 2012
    The toughest Hitman game you will ever play if you are the stealthy guy and like to go for silent assassin. This is because the overhaul of the disguise system. Lets say you're disguised as a cook: All other cooks will see through your disguise as they know all their colleagues. This gets silly when you are wearing disguises that fully cover your face, like a special forces combat suit.The toughest Hitman game you will ever play if you are the stealthy guy and like to go for silent assassin. This is because the overhaul of the disguise system. Lets say you're disguised as a cook: All other cooks will see through your disguise as they know all their colleagues. This gets silly when you are wearing disguises that fully cover your face, like a special forces combat suit. There is always like one uber-disguise in the level, that will work in 90% of the areas, but it's impossible to get on purist mode. IO said that they will fix the disguise system. That's the sole reason why I will give the game an 8 for now and hopefully return giving a 10. See it for yourself. As soon as you play on hard the game will screw you over. Expand
  25. Nov 7, 2013
    I have to say that I wasnt a real fan of Hitman but this part I enjoyed a lot, maybe that is the reason why I enjoyed it, cause as a game it is pretty nicely done. It is a great game and gave me a nice stealthy rush. Therefore 10 points cause quality is excellent in every aspect, too.
  26. Dec 21, 2012
    I have played and own all the Hitman games and love them all. From the go I could not wait for this game to be released, constantly excited for it! So when it did finally come out I installed it and got playing it at roughly 1am.

First thing to hit me was the Graphics. I run a i5 2400k, 2GB 460GTX, 8GB ram PC. I can play it on High if I want some frame rate drops or on normal/med if I want it smooth. Either way, the game looks stunning. The environments, the setting, the atmosphere, Agent 47s barcode all done to an amazing detail. Everything looks amazing and polished. However, the bloom effect were slight over-powering, with the bloom bouncing off Agent 47s shiny head being a slight distraction, but you get used to it.

The music is great! Fits the scenes perfectly and extremely adaptive to how the current situation plays out. Sneaking through the level? No problem, here some suspense background music, oh wait, you just strangled a guy with fibewire - here;s a sudden 5 second dramatic piece to add to that tension. Oh look, your blasting your way out of a firefight! Here is an dramatic action music piece to match the scene. So whatever your play style, the music fits with it perfectly.

The biggie, Gameplay. What the previous Hitman games have are still here. Some parts are more up to scratch and actually improve on the originals while other are either dumbed down or actually don't seem to work. Lets start with the negatives, and the most easily look at one. The disguise system. So in past Hitman games, you could easily walk around with people like you and blend in and out of a scene. However, not so with Absolution. Now the game assumes all police officers know all police officers. If you are in a police mans outfit and another policeman spots you, you get a suspicion indicator slowly grow. This make the disguise system, especially on the difficulty Hard or above, broken. Sometimes it easier to just use cover throughout the whole level or simply kill everyone with your weapons. With such interesting disguises I was looking forward to playing about with them, but it felt more trouble than it was really worth. Now my second kind-of negative point is the instinct. Or at least it was a negative point when I first heard about it. Then I remembered that in the old Hitman games there was a thing called a map showing where everybody was. Instinct is a great feature to replace the map with as it makes the game more difficult and challenging while also being a helpful tool to predicting enemies movements and, as a last resort, run away/gun everybody down.

Onto the more positive gameplay aspects. Its still Hitman. You still get assigned targets in most missions and still have many ways on taking that target down. And man is it fun taking down those targets, either with a sniper **** or by making it look like an accident and exploding a gas cooker. The crowds, well, this is where it aces the previous Hitman games. The crowds are amazing. Remember in Blood Money, that level with the crows? The Murder of Crows? The crowds in that was impressive. Now in Absolution they are spectacular. And they feel so alive. Most of the crowd interacts with each other, and you cxan just stand idle listening to them gossip which in actual fact can turn out to help you. One time I was in chinatown and over heard these couple of bystanders talking how the target gets his usual hit from a drug dealer who lives on the 2nd floor. So right then I had a window of opportunity, just by listening to the crowd. There were also a large number of hilarious moment I **** at while listening to people. It can be funny but it certainly makes the world feel much more alive and living.

There are hundreds of challanges and unlockables to get. Things such as going through a level wearing just a suit, but to get another challenge called Chameleon which is to put on every suit in that level, warranting another playthrough. Then there's Contracts mode. A fantastic multilayer edition to the game. The creator of the contract has played through the level and targeted selectable people who are the contracts, the creator then kills these targets in a way he wants then makes for one of the few exits scattered across the level. This ends the contract and then it gets uploaded, allowing players to try and beat the score or the leader-boards. It is a lot of fun to play and to create contracts.

Quickly the mention the story. Yes, there is one and play a significantly bigger role then in previous games and It actually is good. A good story with great characters and settings you can't go wrong with that, and absolution doesn't.

Overall, Hitman is still Hitman. It may feel different in parts and with a core mechanic of the previous Hitman games broken in most places, the game does set itself apart from the previous games but only slightly. Its a welcome edition to the series and its glad to have Agent 47 and his red tie bac
  27. Nov 21, 2012
    Look, i'm not going to lie, okay? this game isn't perfect but it's one of the best games this gen imo and i'm not exaggerating, it's sad that most prefer to play generic first person shooter instead of actual good games like this, this game deserves a 9 but i gave it a perfect score to counter all those 0's coming from trolls that haven't even played the game.
  28. Nov 21, 2012
    Hitman: Absolution isn't perfect but it's one of the best games to release this, it's kinda sad that most "gamers" prefer to play generic, bland and crappy military first person shooter instead of really good games like this, this game deserves a 8.5 but i gave it a perfect score to counter all those 0's coming from trolls that haven't even played the game.
  29. Nov 29, 2012
    Awesome game, finally difficulty makes a difference in a game. Beat it on easy, beat it on normal, and then DIE! And then two more difficulties after that! On easy you can certainly blast your way through anyone, on normal you can shoot your way out of a situation or two, but hard will take you back to everything that has made the hitman series great. All these people complaining about theAwesome game, finally difficulty makes a difference in a game. Beat it on easy, beat it on normal, and then DIE! And then two more difficulties after that! On easy you can certainly blast your way through anyone, on normal you can shoot your way out of a situation or two, but hard will take you back to everything that has made the hitman series great. All these people complaining about the death of the series should stop playing on easy. Playing on hard is awesome, you can't just blast your way through levels, and the hours of strategy are enthralling. Could I take this guy out before the other guard walks by? Where could I hide him though? Would they see that? Could I get a clear shot up there? So many means to the same end, perfection. And you will pay dearly for perfection. Did they just see those legs slip around the corner? Did they hear that? Will they buy your disguise? Quite often those questions are followed by a fatal barrage of bullets, or a score shattering shooting spree. Anyone can kill, but killing quietly, and with discretion, is much more meticulous and entertaining than massacres (After the first playthrough at least ;D) And contracts makes the game exponentially larger than just the campaign, which is also awesome. After all, who could come up with more twisted and greuling challenges for the players, but the players themselves. Awesome game, awesome melee and combat system, great variety, and challenging and addictive gameplay. And for all those whining about the differences between this and blood money, there is one word: CONTRACTS! Expand
  30. Jan 21, 2013
    all i can say is that the wait was worthed and worthed to full price. why? 30+ hours of single player and you can have 60,100 hours because theres a insane ammount of ways to do your objective you can play each level in hundred different ways and so you can replay and replay and have new experience. the downside is the disguise system isnt what i was used to be, but lets be honest here,all i can say is that the wait was worthed and worthed to full price. why? 30+ hours of single player and you can have 60,100 hours because theres a insane ammount of ways to do your objective you can play each level in hundred different ways and so you can replay and replay and have new experience. the downside is the disguise system isnt what i was used to be, but lets be honest here, on previous titles it almost made you like in god mode, now it works but you've limits, its meant now for last resort and sudden situations where you stumble into an enemy. you can't choose loadouts on SP but you can on contracts mode, wich is the same of SP but you've more freedom. lenghty, fun and sandbox....... you'll find yourself playing it for years!! Expand

1. PC Master (Greece)
    Feb 6, 2013
    Despite the deviations and minor shortcomings, it remains true to its roots. It just brushes them aside for a while, just long enough for it to tell its story- a story where the traditional contracts and other usual components just wouldn’t fit. [January 2013]
  2. Jan 8, 2013
    Hitman: Absolution does stand out from the ocean of gray and brown shooters that populate the market, but not in enough good ways to warrant a recommendation.
  3. Dec 26, 2012
    It's not a bad game by any means, and it does fix some problems with the controls that plagued previous games, but having the story that essentially makes Agent 47 less of a hitman and more of an espionage hero, makes Absolution a decent stealth game but not a fantastic Hitman game.