6.9

1. Dec 31, 2012
    This is by far the best game I played this year. The major pros are: 1) The graphics are the best I've ever seen; 2) The gameplay encourages thinking before acting; it's not a shoot-them-all kind of game, which is a good thing; 3) Excellent story and presentation: I usually don't watch cut scenes, but the story is so good and the cinematic presentation is so well-executed that I could not just skip the cut scenes (yes, it's that good); 4) Superb animation and voice acting, particularly Dexter's (the main villain); 5) Great replay value: I have already played 45+ hours (the first play through took me 18 hours) but I don't feel I'm done with this game yet. I just have a few complaints about this game. They are not deal breakers, but they become really annoying at times. The major cons are: 1) Lack of enough checkpoints (i.e., save points): It's already bad enough that the game does not allow you to save the progress at any time, but in Hitman this gets exacerbated by the fact that you don't have enough checkpoints in normal difficulty. This discourages exploration because if you get killed you have to restart the level, making the gameplay more linear than it should be (.i.e., it encourages you to just complete the objectives as quietly and quickly as possible and move on to the next level); 2) The score system is unbalanced: for a game that allows you to hit people in so many ways (with bottles, bricks, syringes, knives, metal pipes, tomahawks, etc) I would expected to be encouraged to hit people; unfortunately, the score system penalizes you really hard if you hit civilians (3000+ points) and non-target bad guys (300+ points) . Overall, it Expand
  2. Nov 27, 2012
    New game about Agent 47 causes only good feelings. Developers created new game engine for Hitman. Graphics in this game is nice. New elements organically was added in gameplay. Story was surprised for me. But I can't to choose best game in this year about killer/assassin? Hitman or Assassin's Creed? On my mind, today we have two perfect action games. When was the last time?
  3. Jan 20, 2013
    This game is simply stunning from the atmospheric graphics, to the all out action. Not to mention the the background sound that is pretty amazing too. The point shout killing feature and the slow motion effect is just amazing. Overall this is one of my favorite games, And the best one in the Hitman series I've ever played. Looking forward to the sequel of Hitman: Absolution.
  4. Nov 7, 2013
    I have to say that I wasnt a real fan of Hitman but this part I enjoyed a lot, maybe that is the reason why I enjoyed it, cause as a game it is pretty nicely done. It is a great game and gave me a nice stealthy rush. Therefore 10 points cause quality is excellent in every aspect, too.
  5. Nov 21, 2012
    Look, i'm not going to lie, okay? this game isn't perfect but it's one of the best games this gen imo and i'm not exaggerating, it's sad that most prefer to play generic first person shooter instead of actual good games like this, this game deserves a 9 but i gave it a perfect score to counter all those 0's coming from trolls that haven't even played the game.
  6. Nov 21, 2012
    Hitman: Absolution isn't perfect but it's one of the best games to release this, it's kinda sad that most "gamers" prefer to play generic, bland and crappy military first person shooter instead of really good games like this, this game deserves a 8.5 but i gave it a perfect score to counter all those 0's coming from trolls that haven't even played the game.
  7. Nov 29, 2012
    Awesome game, finally difficulty makes a difference in a game. Beat it on easy, beat it on normal, and then DIE! And then two more difficulties after that! On easy you can certainly blast your way through anyone, on normal you can shoot your way out of a situation or two, but hard will take you back to everything that has made the hitman series great. All these people complaining about the death of the series should stop playing on easy. Playing on hard is awesome, you can't just blast your way through levels, and the hours of strategy are enthralling. Could I take this guy out before the other guard walks by? Where could I hide him though? Would they see that? Could I get a clear shot up there? So many means to the same end, perfection. And you will pay dearly for perfection. Did they just see those legs slip around the corner? Did they hear that? Will they buy your disguise? Quite often those questions are followed by a fatal barrage of bullets, or a score shattering shooting spree. Anyone can kill, but killing quietly, and with discretion, is much more meticulous and entertaining than massacres (After the first playthrough at least ;D) And contracts makes the game exponentially larger than just the campaign, which is also awesome. After all, who could come up with more twisted and greuling challenges for the players, but the players themselves. Awesome game, awesome melee and combat system, great variety, and challenging and addictive gameplay. And for all those whining about the differences between this and blood money, there is one word: CONTRACTS! Expand
  8. Dec 5, 2012
    im just writing this because i am enjoying the game so much , and it looks great on pc , if you have nvidia gpu just use fxaa and 2x msaa shadows on medium or high, looks like ultra but better performance ,and looks 10 times better than consoles! if you enjoyed splinter cell conviction. this is for you , great game!
  9. Nov 21, 2012
    I find it pathetic that some folks still can't take off thier nostalgia goggles for seconds to review this game fairly instead of hating on it and giving it a low score because certain moment in the story that i won't spoil here annoyed them, it's sad to see games like this, Darksider 2 and Assassin's Creed III get bashed while generic military first person shooters get praised by the same people, this game isn't perfect but it's one of the best games to release this gen imo, great story, great graphics and gameplay, absolutely no bugs/glitches, just perfect. Expand
  10. Nov 23, 2012
    Best stealth for me in a long time. To make things clear - when I see a stealth game, I want clean and silent killing, being able to stay unseen though out my mission and game itself should be really challenging. Other things are not so important. Hitman: Absolution delivers it.
    Some things were dumped like sniper rifle case, ability to carry all weaponry at once, map, looking through
    keyhole and maybe something else i forgot to mention. But those are just minor tools. What really matters is gameplay itself - goal and how we can achieve that. Game is till about killing people in different ways, sometimes making it look like accidents. People complain about nerfed masquerade? Well deal with it. Now getting security/police uniform is no longer an "I WIN" button. Admit it - in iconic Blood Money, 90% of succes in a mission was finding a suit that was granting access to whole area, or atleast it's main parts. That was security guy in most cases. After that we only had to choose how to kill target and dump its body. Now people with same outfits will become suspicious about you, and after brief time will start calling for help or shoot you. To avoid that you still stay out of their sight or use "instict" which is a precious resource you should learn how to manage. I've been playing on expert through out main story line and to stay unnoticed in smaller location or get silent assasin on larger ones, i had to invest ALOT of time. Overall i've spent around 48 hours of game time to complete campaign on expert without being noticed a single time and get silent assasin mark on every kill mission. In my book that is really long singleplayer, especially nowdays. Sure thing if you play on medium and you are not so obsessed with clean work then i think it can go down to somewhere around 20 hours which is good, nevertheless. Contracts mode is nice, but has a lot of room for improvement. People tend to make easy contracts like killing 3 first NPC with pistol, then get out and get money. It takes like 30 sec to complete, and provides same amount of money as a pice-of-art assasination contract that requires skill, planning and flawless execution from players and contract creator. I think IO should implement not only likes/dislikes on contracts , but some sort of difficulty voting and search system, so people can look for what they really want. There are also contracts that are made by random pulling of NCP from crowded to isolated areas. It results in silent kill, but finding that exact same spot on the wall to throw brick into is just stupid. Apart from that, contracts provide additional play time to itself long story mode.
    Tech. part of the game is good. Surprisingly low amount of bugs, none of which are gamebreaking, good visuals, nice sound. This game is solid 9/10 with some room for improvement, but it gets 10 just to compensate for morons giving it 0's.
  11. Nov 26, 2012
    This is an amazing game with great graphics and: Great gameplay(!). The story is not the best but the gameplay is such amazing...... Killing people in dozens of possibility. You have to play this awesome game on hard or harder, 'cause it makes more fun!!!
  12. Mar 19, 2013
    best game ever.hitman absolution isnt good becuase of its story (not that the story not good) its good becuase of the assassination.every kill is very setisfieng and there are a lot of ways to kill your enemies.contracts mode is very good but a littile hard.never mind.so anyway hitman absolurion deserve a 10/10.so buy it.
  13. Nov 20, 2012
    the worlds best assassin is back wid more action n stealth gud game just graphics is dissappointed bt still a gud game very nice hitman rocks..............
  14. Dec 12, 2012
    Amazing. This Is Much better then Blood Money. I Know That You Could Have a playground in Blood Money but every mission felt like an add on to a game. Absolution has great cover mechanics like gears. The Story is Riveting and deep. The Levels are fun and highly re playable. People complain about the disguise mechanic but there are ways of getting past it. The Point System isn't an annoying coach telling you what to do. If you care for score then learn from mistakes. The Glacier 2 engine does a great job with graphics even on low. The checkpoint does re spawn enemies but you can do better points wise. The only flaw of this game is the combat but the goods of the game just make it awesome. It can be hard on purist and using instinct and smart thinking is key. I recommend playing easier difficulties. DON'T DIVE INTO PURIST. I Loved this game from beginning to end and i might be one of the very few 10 out of 10 but i'm gonna spend 17 hours wasting my life playing it again. (: Expand
  15. Nov 20, 2012
    TL;Dr version: Well the story mode is kind of meh but the true gem here is Contracts mode which is pure nirvana for fans of the series.

Obligatory Wall of Text: As a 30 something member of the Nintendo generation I have an instinctive revulsion to publishers and devs defecating on the classics just for a quick buck. I was especially concerned about the Hitman ip as I list Blood money
    and Silent Assasin as two of my all time favorite games. Luckily, they didn't do to 47 what they did to poor Sam Fisher. This game is actually quite good, perhaps an 8.5 or even a true 9/10 (not that kind of 9/10 that paid 'critics' give to nearly every game released), but I'll rate it a 10/10 just irritate the 13 year old hipsters jumping on the hate train to awesome town. Expand
  16. Nov 21, 2012
    Hitman Absolution is a game plagued by two things, people who want games to be able to change without HUGE backlash from old and new fans alike, and people from /v/ who expect games to never change and always be about the same thing and never even begin to try and change how they are played or even what your goal is.

I can do anything i could do in blood money but now i have even more
    options, game play wise this game stayed more of the same than it changed the instinct had some interesting results and i can see were it effected level design.

The story is pretty simple but the characters make it more enjoyable. Contracts mode is also one of the most clever ways to give a single player game a Multiplayer mode without it feeling tacked on in a long time.
  17. Nov 23, 2012
    Sure, the game is little different, but does it means it's a bad game? No. It's a wonderful stealth game with great graphics, it is the best looking game on PC. Missions can be finished many many ways, stealth feels very satisfying. There is a lot of replay value. Difficulty options for the game are perfect, almost everyone can enjoy this game. The things I don't like are not being able to buy weapons at the beginning of the mission, also the fact that I can hide sniper rifle and other large weapons, why? I actually like new disguise system, it feels challenging. It feels like Hitman's 2 disguise system but done better, in my opinion that is. Sound and music are superb. Expand
  18. Nov 28, 2012
    This is by far the most ambitious Hitman game yet and wow! what a compelling story that keeps you on the edge, a none stop tour de force.
    At first i was expecting gun load outs and a map like before in other games but then i realized what they were going for, a man on the run left to his own devices procuring weapons along the way.
    For those who say harsh things about this game either
    miss what the makers were going for or they are just one of those fast pace teenaged COD players that have a lack of patients and witt.
    Contracts is a very fun online addition to the series that brings life into the world of hitman and give you the ability to create your own contracts on the targets you wish, and create and a storyline for other players to read and enjoy.
  19. Nov 30, 2012
    This is the best Hitman ever! the + Good history Nice level design the voice acting is beautiful! the lightning level i perfect there is many ways you can complete the level (etc. you can go stealth and use the environment as your weapon or you can just shoot your way out!) many cool disguises many cool weapons funny easter eggs This game is the very best game from the HITMAN series!

the -

- Need more chicks! ;)
  20. Dec 7, 2012
    I'm not a fan of the Hitman series. I never played the other Hitman games. However I was impressed when completed the game. I loved the story, and the developer put in subtle humour here an there, which I liked very much. After completing the game on normal, I have moved on to the hard difficulty and am finding the game very fun to play through a second time (on the harder difficulty). Also my main is to get perfect scores every level but that's pretty hard :P All in all I think its a really solid game. Maybe if you liked the old games, you won't like this one (taken from what other people are saying), but if you are a newcomer, such as me,I think you will enjoy this game very much. Collapse
  21. Jan 9, 2013
    I don't understand the low ratings. I've played all hitman games on their respective era I won't talk about graphics its a must. But the game play I think is an improvement. Its much more realistic. You don't see all the people on the map via your machinery instead you sense nearby enemies and use your senses to guess their movement. When you put up a cop suit you just don't instantly turn into a cop but still a suspectible person (think that you are the chef of the kitchen and you don't recognize a different face among your crew, impossible) I think game deserves a better user rating and its been overly underrated. Expand
  22. Feb 16, 2013
    Impossible. Yeah, with some negative moments, but they mean little. Everyone who writes about those details that really do not matter idiots
    Brilliant!
  23. Mar 5, 2013
    Dont get me wrong this game is not a game 10/10 its a 8/10 but there are reviews of user that gave 0/10 that is just stupid Comn dudes this game is good
  24. May 21, 2013
    what a game! enjoyed every minute and was sad when it ended. compelling storyline, endless replayability, good graphics, challenging AI One of my favourite games ever
  25. Aug 17, 2013
    Greatly improved from former series, less realistic though. But does it really matter? As far as it is a game, user-friendliness and immersion are much more important than any other things. Anyway, this game was intriguing at all. That's enough for it.
  26. Mar 2, 2014
    Hitman is unique, this game has something that I never found in other game... Maybe absolution is far to be the best hitman, but is a hitman and it has the same spark that is so hard to find in others games... one advice? Play this game in purist difficulty and enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed it, lose yourself in the game, the environment in hitman let you do that.. that is hitman.. Of course now I'm already waiting for the next game of this amazing saga. Expand
  27. Feb 28, 2014
    나는 이게임을 정말재미있게했다.
    멋진 액션과 좋은 그래픽과 정말 최고의게임이라고 생각한다.
    타격감도 좋다.battlefield4보다 재미있게 했다.
    플레이타임도 길고 정말 재미있다.
  28. Nov 23, 2012
    As most reviews say, this is not the Hitman you know, this is very different. The levels are not as big as some of the previous games, but if you ask me, they are way more detailed and more options than the previous Hitman games. You don't get to much of an open world anymore, but more a, get from point A to Point B style. i was skeptical about this at first, but grew to love it, even though it's a From point A to B, you still get alot of diversion and ALOT of choices on how you wanna get there. The new disguise system is 50/50, i love how it adds to the realism. The cop will know you are not one of his colleagues, but how is the civillian to know that you are not a cop? It is a bit to sensitive though, even though you are standing with your back to a guy who is 6-7 meters away he will still notice that you are not one of them, and that is a bit to much. You don't get to choose what weapons and equipment you wanna use anymore at the start of the game though, but i think this adds to the fun, and it works well with the story, this also means that you don't have a pocket filled with thousand coins anymore, instead you gotta find objects around the world, that you can use as distractions/weapons, this is also a welcome change.
    The story is also a big part of Absolution, in the previous games. You got your mission and then you executed it, however you felt like and that was that, and that was good, cause that's why you played it.
    I felt alot more motivated to keep going in this one, cause of the story and what happend in it, and even though i mostly try to do it stealth with none or a few extra casualties , there was just places where i went in guns blazing cause i didn't think the ones i was up against deserved to live. I also had some really heartpounding moments, cause i was so focused on killing my target for one reason or another and that rarely happens to me.
    On that note, it also alot funnier to do fire fights in Absolution: When you empty your 45 cal. UMP magazine into a guy and you see him spasm all over the place as he falls to the ground, feels really awesome.

All in all I will give this game a 9/10 it is a great game, but with a few things i would like tweeked, but these things are so minor that they can be looked through pretty easly. Don't expect the next version of Blood Money, but a deeper more involved game.
  29. CBZ
    Dec 3, 2012
    Many things have changed since Hitman: Blood Money. The graphics have improved immensely, each room is full of details that are unique to that room, not the classic standard decor that repeats in the whole game. The character moves more fluidly, and it includes features like the quicksooting (i think that's what is called). There are many more levels than in HM: BM, however, they are shorter and more linear. The door feature makes it impossible to finish the mission the way you want but rather the way they designed it to be finished. The contracts mode makes the game much more replayable by creating new objectives and the community seems very involved when it comes to create new contracts.
    As you can see, this new release is a mixed bag of new changes but I believe the pros clearly outweight the cons.
    Absolution is a title worth buying if you take it with an open mind and dont expect Blood money with better textures.
  30. Jan 4, 2013
    Wow, amazing game. I'll get the bad THING out of the way first and that is the DISGUISE system. You are too easily recognized by people wearing the same clothes, realistic, but ridiculous.
    Second of all red reviews should be ignored because they are mainly complaining due to the game "crashing" or "bad controls" or "bad graphics". Crashing? Your computer's fault. Bad controls? Play it
    with a controller. Bad Graphics? Get a better computer. Make sure you have an ideal computer before even trying to review a game. Not their fault.
    The game itself is amazing, Good story, clear view on who's the "bad guy" and the game's audio and visual are stunning. Unlike the past Hitman games you seem to be more interactive with the environment. 9/10
  31. Dec 7, 2012

Despite the deviations and minor shortcomings, it remains true to its roots. It just brushes them aside for a while, just long enough for it to tell its story- a story where the traditional contracts and other usual components just wouldn’t fit. [January 2013]
  2. Jan 8, 2013
    Hitman: Absolution does stand out from the ocean of gray and brown shooters that populate the market, but not in enough good ways to warrant a recommendation.
  3. Dec 26, 2012
    It's not a bad game by any means, and it does fix some problems with the controls that plagued previous games, but having the story that essentially makes Agent 47 less of a hitman and more of an espionage hero, makes Absolution a decent stealth game but not a fantastic Hitman game.