7.0

1. Nov 10, 2014
    First of all, the main character is male which is terrble and unrelatable, who wants to be a stinky overemotional male? If that wasn't bad enough, at multiple points in the story the game forces you to kill sex workers for no reason. Do not recommend.
  2. Oct 29, 2014
    Hitman series has taken a low blow to the lower intestinal region, this is nothing like the brilliant Blood Money game and prior games.

If you are a classic Hitman fan, you may want to avoid this game. The first fish market mission was great, you have the usual hitman style gameplay in a sandboxed area, then everything goes haywire. It turns into a linear storyline, classic hitman

If you are a classic Hitman fan, you may want to avoid this game.

The first fish market mission was great, you have the usual hitman style gameplay in a sandboxed area, then everything goes haywire. It turns into a linear storyline, classic hitman elements are thrown out the window, it turns into a linear Max Payne style game.

Not good. This is not the Hitman we know.
    Stopped playing after 3-4 missions.

Attempting to play the game while ignoring the fact that it is a hitman game failed.
    At a basic level it simply doesn't deliver, not sure what the devs were trying to accomplish but it just doesn't work.

For the love of Hitman... bring back the classic Hitman style sandbox gameplay, don't try to be an emotional linear action FPS... it simply doesn't work with this franchise.

3. Oct 10, 2014
    This is a Must Have as a Stealth Lover. Simple as that. It looks awesome, the surrounding is awesome, the music is awesome, all the different ways to approach every mission are awesome.

Mathematical!
  4. Oct 4, 2014
    A much dynamic version of previous Hitmans. But actually it hurts the game a little. More levels can be more dynamic but, it's also making it repetitive. How many times have you said something like, "Oh **** do I have to run down those guys again?". I said a lot.

Another thing is, the AI. Yes the AI is much more clever, but a gain they are blind. I don't know how would us play this game if they weren't, I simply don't care this a lot.

The checkpoint system is **** By far the worst feature of the game. Why can't you save like older Hitman games man, it's just, full retard. I killed or strangled all those pricks and they respawn after the checkpoint? What is the point of the checkpoint then.

The new score system is a lackluster. Not needed, thanks.

There are some good features like cover changing, instincts (for n00bs), environmental weapons... You can actually kill a man using a ****ing bong! Awesome. But because of the score system, kills count negative, so...

Do I have to say that it has a surprising ending? This is Hitman game ffs.

Too bad that this requires much less effort to solve. Even my dog can, and I don't even have a dog.
  5. Sep 13, 2014
    Surprisingly excellent addition to the Hitman series. I loved original Hitman back in 2000, especially the tension from big stealth missions that you couldn't save and every single mistake was fatal. Extremely disappointed with Hitman 2 where you could suddenly save and all the tension was gone, so I abandoned the series and got back after 12 years. Happy to see that our 47 is back in topSurprisingly excellent addition to the Hitman series. I loved original Hitman back in 2000, especially the tension from big stealth missions that you couldn't save and every single mistake was fatal. Extremely disappointed with Hitman 2 where you could suddenly save and all the tension was gone, so I abandoned the series and got back after 12 years. Happy to see that our 47 is back in top form. Checkpoint system is a nice compromise, so the tension is still there, but the frustration of repeating entire missions when things go wrong is not so painful. Visually it's beautiful, really good looking engine that runs smoothly, fantastic crowds, rich colors, details, really good controls. Melee fights are kinda lackluster with QT button mashing, but that's not what Hitman is here for anyway, this is about stealth, about being unseen, about moving like a cat in the midst of the enemy territory and silencing the unwanted targets. I loved it, played new Thief recently and even though that's supposed to be primarily even more focused on stealth, I was enjoying Absolution stealth mechanics more. Good old disguise system is here, but this time, they can recognize you if you have the same outfit as them, kinda logical, but also kinda annoying. Loving the environmental opportunities in this game. Absolution is not as exotic as previous games that were all around the world, this feels more like a retro USA road trip, but it's good, it feels compact and more focused to that and there is still pretty good amount of variation here, sometimes even reminiscent of the past - Chinatown, bar, hotel, etc. Story was a bit monotonous, in the vein of get the girl, almost got her, oops, someone else took her, so let's get her again somewhere else and so on, but it was still presented in a nice almost cinematic feel and I really liked the experience overall. 9/10 Expand
  6. Aug 16, 2014
    this game is simply awesome. since i started playing it i loved it. i played every hitman exept the third one, so i was expecting it to be equal to blood money but with other levels. i was very surprised to know it was different, and i was glad. I didnt want a game i already played with better graphics and new levels, i wanted something fresh and new. Some people say its too easy becausethis game is simply awesome. since i started playing it i loved it. i played every hitman exept the third one, so i was expecting it to be equal to blood money but with other levels. i was very surprised to know it was different, and i was glad. I didnt want a game i already played with better graphics and new levels, i wanted something fresh and new. Some people say its too easy because you always know where to go, those people are playing it on easy and normal. Real hitman players would play it on hard or purist. If you never played a hitman before, I recommend hard, if you have played a hitman before, play on purist. Expand
  7. Aug 11, 2014
    Really boring and disappointing after two years of pubs and all these stuff and no matter how years of work. Very unpleasant and doesn't worth even to talk about. There's no fun in playing this, it can only gives headaches. When I watched gameplay videos I thought: Wow, really impressive. Hitman 2 is miles better than this crap. Even though this game worth a 7 on score, but I won't give itReally boring and disappointing after two years of pubs and all these stuff and no matter how years of work. Very unpleasant and doesn't worth even to talk about. There's no fun in playing this, it can only gives headaches. When I watched gameplay videos I thought: Wow, really impressive. Hitman 2 is miles better than this crap. Even though this game worth a 7 on score, but I won't give it after all this long expectation. Expand
  8. Aug 6, 2014
    Once again Square Enix ruin a classic pc franchise in order to cater to 12 year old console gamers. I've been a fan of this series since it began and I used to love that they progressively improved it as it went along. Now its a different game. Tiny, linear levels and pointless achievements to try and increase re playability. There were no achievements in the early games and I must haveOnce again Square Enix ruin a classic pc franchise in order to cater to 12 year old console gamers. I've been a fan of this series since it began and I used to love that they progressively improved it as it went along. Now its a different game. Tiny, linear levels and pointless achievements to try and increase re playability. There were no achievements in the early games and I must have played some of those levels a hundred times over (Traditions of the Trade anyone?), for no other reason than they were beautifully designed and thought out. After this, Thief, and to a lesser extent Deus Ex, Square Enix need to have a serious think about who they have in overall control of the direction their games are going. Genuinely saddened that such a classic series has ceased to be. Expand
  9. Jul 31, 2014
    Game is masterpiece in every aspect, from story to gameplay. Far better than previous "Blood Money". Bots are smarter. Also you can pretend to surrender & other interesting stuff, like creating your own contracts for your friends, or doing your friend's contracts. I enjoyed every mission, from beginning to the end. Graphics are also very good for 2012. In short, Very well made game.
  10. Jul 30, 2014
    People who didn't like "Blood Money" seem to like "Absolution". Need I say more?

Extreme linear missions without any planning-phase! No more weapon-upgrades or loadout-selection (!), A braindead "disguise"-system that forces you to "sneak" and crawl like a kid who watched too much spy-movies. Quick-Time-Event-Fighting. (You've read right: numb quick-time-event-fights! The cancer of

Extreme linear missions without any planning-phase!
    No more weapon-upgrades or loadout-selection (!),
    Quick-Time-Event-Fighting. (You've read right: numb quick-time-event-fights! The cancer of modern gaming dumbed down even further.)

No more cool mission-score-system like in Blood money.
    Instead you have to bare with a "High-score-system" that pops up stupiditly in your face while you are midst a mission.

All of it is wrapped up in a pathetic and illogical story.

Don't buy this shiny garbage and don't belive any of the high ratings!
  11. Jul 29, 2014
    After 6 years without a new game in the series, Hitman fans were waiting for this and hoping it would be great. I was one of those as I got it day one and was disappointed at how much it changed in those years of development from good to bad. There is no link between the games in the story or any part of the game itself. It is hard to give this game a bad review because of its greatAfter 6 years without a new game in the series, Hitman fans were waiting for this and hoping it would be great. I was one of those as I got it day one and was disappointed at how much it changed in those years of development from good to bad. There is no link between the games in the story or any part of the game itself. It is hard to give this game a bad review because of its great predecessors but there is a major change from the series going backwards as this game had small maps, terrible AI, bad game mechanics (so that there is always a few ways to kill and complete the mission just they are all basically the same) and also the contracts mode which failed poorly because yes in the past players have challenged each other to become the better assassin. But this game was too bad that no one really tried to compete because it can all be done the same way. This was a bad turn in the series and I hope the new game will revive the great Hitman series. Expand
  12. Jul 16, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a fun, action packed stealth game. The graphics are amazing, the crowds are stunning and the people are so lifelike. I loved the story line to this game, and the bad-assery in this game was amazing. This game is built around this one person, Victoria who is basically a lab experiment who is a bad ass kid. The agency and a douche named "Dexter" both want her. Agent 47 must protect her. The game was great, the only problem I had was the amount of swearing, but I suppose it is a 18+ game. I would defiantly recommend, and you can kill your enemies in many crafty ways. Expand
  13. Jul 1, 2014
    It's not exactly like previous Hitman games, but it is still true enough to the series and fun in its own right to be a good game. Not great, but worth the sale price. SCORE: 80/100.

Graphics are like most Squeenix games are now: amazing (Tomb Raider, Hitman Absolution, Deus Ex, Sleeping Dogs - they nail it HARD). Played on ULTRA at 1600p and it's a beast. It taxes the ASUS 290x even more than Tomb Raider, but I don't think it looks any better, so maybe not optimized as well. Regardless, stunning.

It is a bit more closed-in and linear but not linear in the way a platformer is or anything. Still multiple ways to solve objectives.

They have already said the next one will be true to form. Update this already beautiful engine, make it open world, and bam, perfect Hitman.
  14. Jun 27, 2014
    This game was an improvement from blood money
    The graphics was amazing and the A.I was pretty smart
    I love the choices that you could make for killing enemies
    Overall, good game
  15. Jun 21, 2014
    I've loved all of the Hitman games, and I just don't see why people are so critical about this. The *character* of 47, the feel of the game, and everything story was there in spades. The gameplay was awesome. Just because they made the game itself fairly different is nothing in comparison to how incredibly *cinematic* they made everything. This game is an absolute must play. Don'tI've loved all of the Hitman games, and I just don't see why people are so critical about this. The *character* of 47, the feel of the game, and everything story was there in spades. The gameplay was awesome. Just because they made the game itself fairly different is nothing in comparison to how incredibly *cinematic* they made everything. This game is an absolute must play. Don't believe the doubters! Expand
  16. Jun 20, 2014
    The game so god damn linear. Compared to blood money this is so bad.All they had to do was improve on blood money! . I want to walk around and finding a way to kill a target not being told exactly where to go...Whats the point in that. Plus 47 is way too close up to the screen
  17. Jun 14, 2014
    Absolution did the cardinal sin of any 'stealth' game and made running in all guns blazing too easy. Even on the hardest difficulty this game is most of the time easier to complete if you roll from cover to cover and shoot everybody you see. This is made even easier with the help of the new instinct meter which makes me think if I'm actually playing Hitman. The costumes (which were once aAbsolution did the cardinal sin of any 'stealth' game and made running in all guns blazing too easy. Even on the hardest difficulty this game is most of the time easier to complete if you roll from cover to cover and shoot everybody you see. This is made even easier with the help of the new instinct meter which makes me think if I'm actually playing Hitman. The costumes (which were once a vital part of this series) are completely broken and, once again, this pushes you towards the action side. The levels are linear too, which is an extremely stupid move made by the developers and they become uninteresting after a short time.

On saying that, this game can actually work well as a cover shooter and nothing is quite as satisfying as watching Agent 47 clear a room in slow motion with the instinct meter. The game has some awesome graphics as well, even if the map design isn't so good.

I wouldn't recommend this game but if you are a hardcore Hitman fan you may want to pick it up just in case the story carries over to the next game.
  18. May 27, 2014
    Mit is kéne mondani a 47-esről? Szerintem NEM kaptuk meg a régi hitman érzést azt hogy úgy oldod meg a pályákat ahogy akarod. Se a zenéket, Se a hangulatot.. Itt ott még saját magából is poént csinál a játék. A karakter viszont iszonyatosan el van találva, a játék menet úgy szintén (előző részekhez nem viszonyítva) DE ez nem Hitman játék szerintem.. Jó próbálkozás, de nem, ez nem az aMit is kéne mondani a 47-esről? Szerintem NEM kaptuk meg a régi hitman érzést azt hogy úgy oldod meg a pályákat ahogy akarod. Se a zenéket, Se a hangulatot.. Itt ott még saját magából is poént csinál a játék. A karakter viszont iszonyatosan el van találva, a játék menet úgy szintén (előző részekhez nem viszonyítva) DE ez nem Hitman játék szerintem.. Jó próbálkozás, de nem, ez nem az a játék már. Talán egyszer visszakapjuk... Expand
  19. May 12, 2014
    Game looks fantastic. But alas I played for 20 min and was disgusted with the game play. It could possibly be my own fault. I played this right after Dark Souls and Fall Out 3.
  20. Apr 19, 2014
    Absolution is a great hitman game but it is no blood money 2.the graphics are really amazing.The challeges give this game the replayability like blood money.overall a great game.
  21. Mar 29, 2014
    Hitman: Absolution is the absolute direct successor to Blood Money, with enhanced mechanics and much-improved graphics (Tons of lens flare).

I really don't understand the mainstream hate on this game, i've completed the storyline (warning: isn't really that great) like any person around the world. Which means it is possible, but probably a little challenging at times, depending on the difficulty you are playing on.

Really recommend getting the Hitman franchise if you want to feel like a complete badass, Blood Money and Absolution did not disappoint me, at all.

Area(s) to improve on:

- Perfect, or Better Story-telling
    - Pretty flawed A.I Behavior

Improving on 2 of these issues (the might be more that i've mistakenly excluded from this list) could result in more people actually willing to finish the game and decrease the amount of retries, which can be god-awful during some levels.

UPDATE (29/1): After hearing from the recent news disclosures of Hitman 6 from IO interactive, i was very pumped! Go IO Interactive!!
  22. Mar 18, 2014
    In short: awwww man, they broke it. Frustrating game because it has so much potential. The graphics feel smooth and the mechanics are better than ever but they removed all planning, thinking and stealth (actual stealth - welcome to cover-based running). You still have different approaches but you can't plan any of them and often have to choose one at random because the consequences areIn short: awwww man, they broke it. Frustrating game because it has so much potential. The graphics feel smooth and the mechanics are better than ever but they removed all planning, thinking and stealth (actual stealth - welcome to cover-based running). You still have different approaches but you can't plan any of them and often have to choose one at random because the consequences are unclear. In one mission you can choose to disguise yourself as an electrician or try to sneak in around the back but you have no way of knowing what the difference is so you choose randomly. You can't bring your own weapons or gear either, so the game comes up with the most stupid excuses to place sniper rifles and other useful things on site for you to find. It doesn't make sense.

The world feels alive and each character has their own story, which is cool, but in the end your role is merely that of a spectator and not a protagonist. You're there to watch in awe how cool the world looks, not to play in it. Such a shame - great potential, awful execution.
  23. Mar 8, 2014
    I will admit I was not a fan at first. I enjoyed the first two levels, with the King Of Chinatown being brilliantly designed to introduce you to the variety of killing options in this game. However, it was missions 3-6 that really turned me off to the game. Luckily, after writing my previous mixed review, I pushed on, and I'm so glad I did. The gameplay really picks up after that, as doesI will admit I was not a fan at first. I enjoyed the first two levels, with the King Of Chinatown being brilliantly designed to introduce you to the variety of killing options in this game. However, it was missions 3-6 that really turned me off to the game. Luckily, after writing my previous mixed review, I pushed on, and I'm so glad I did. The gameplay really picks up after that, as does the story. Once you tame the beast that is the stealth engine, missions open up, remaining just as challenging but becoming LESS frustrating. The disguise system starts to work better with the opening up of levels, as do the other mechanics. Weapons are fun. Stealth is fun. Tools and mechanics are just so satisfyingly FUN! Great game. Not much I can complain about, besides the mission 3-6 stretch. Expand
  24. Mar 2, 2014
    Hitman is unique, this game has something that I never found in other game... Maybe absolution is far to be the best hitman, but is a hitman and it has the same spark that is so hard to find in others games... one advice? Play this game in purist difficulty and enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed it, lose yourself in the game, the environment in hitman let you do that.. that is hitman.. OfHitman is unique, this game has something that I never found in other game... Maybe absolution is far to be the best hitman, but is a hitman and it has the same spark that is so hard to find in others games... one advice? Play this game in purist difficulty and enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed it, lose yourself in the game, the environment in hitman let you do that.. that is hitman.. Of course now I'm already waiting for the next game of this amazing saga. Expand
  25. Feb 28, 2014
    나는 이게임을 정말재미있게했다.
    멋진 액션과 좋은 그래픽과 정말 최고의게임이라고 생각한다.
    타격감도 좋다.battlefield4보다 재미있게 했다.
    플레이타임도 길고 정말 재미있다.
  26. Feb 19, 2014
    Despite the same decent levels of gameplay you are used to with Hitman this one feels lacking in cohesion. The missions seem like cookie cutter stuff spliced with cut scenes to hurriedly push along the story. The end is also FAR from an "Absolution"
  27. Feb 13, 2014
    What a horrible waste of time and disk space.

Horrible game mechanics, horribly linear, horrible story that is boring and makes no sense, every single boss kill is incredibly anticlimactic, this game is absolutely horrible, from beginning to end.

Not to mention misleading the consumer by releasing trailers and demos that have almost nothing to do with the actual game.
  28. Feb 11, 2014
    "I wish this was more linear." "I wish they got rid of the targets or killed more of them in cut scenes." "I wish I had no control over the weapons I use each level." "I hate this."

If you've ever found yourself wondering one of these things while playing any previous Hitman game then you have just found your game of the year. Congrats. So jelly.
  29. Jan 17, 2014
    -The game isn't made by the same devs
    -Bad Story / Cliche Characters
    -James Seth Lynch -Adam Jensen's DLC -Abusive use of swears. -Bad "Over-the-shoulder" view. -No Map -Stupid Instinct that Holds your hand -Absurdly Small and divided levels/On rails -Checkpoint save system/On rails -Broken Disguise System -Painfull Cover System -Stupid and useless scoring system -Can't close
    -The game isn't made by the same devs
    -Bad Story / Cliche Characters
    -James Seth Lynch
    -Adam Jensen's DLC
    -Abusive use of swears.
    -Bad "Over-the-shoulder" view.
    -No Map
    -Stupid Instinct that Holds your hand
    -Absurdly Small and divided levels/On rails
    -Checkpoint save system/On rails
    -Broken Disguise System
    -Painfull Cover System
    -Stupid and useless scoring system
    -Can't close doors
    -Stupid scripted cutscenes
    -Stupid "One of a Kind" mission
    -Stupid Gun Game to get your ballers back
    -Garbage Bins everywhere

-Total disregard by the compagny for the real fans

+Nice Graphics/Animations
    +Nice voice acting
    +Dragging corps with the fiber wire

(-The game isn't made by the same devs)
    That says a lot. Nothing more to say about this.

(-Bad Story/Cliche Characters)
    The story isn't that bad. The problem is that it was obviously made for a Movie, not a game.
    They made a good 3D movie and butchered it with bad gameplay. The Story broke the gameplay of the whole franchise so in the end, it's worst than better.
    Most protagonists and antagonists simply doesn't fit well in the Hitman lore and feels absurde. (Blake, Birdie, Sanchez, Sexy Nuns...)
    All that comes with the devs team changing and the AAA title mash-up in a lot of ways.
    Heck, I would say that they mashed-up AAA game Titles with AAA movie titles.

(-James Seth Lynch)
    The proof that Absolutio Devs cares more about kayne & Lynch than Hitman.

(-Adam Jensen's DLC)
    Another Proof with J.S. Lynch that the game is a big and bad AAA titles mash-up.

(-Abusive use of swears.)
    It's not that big of a deal, but the first time we encounter Blake Dexter, he says the "F" word 12 times.
    (-Bad "Over-the-shoulder" view.) Every other Hitman games were TPS and weren't using this bad and stupid POV that block Half your screen. H2:SA was on console so it's not a matter of "consolisation" but a matter of dumbing down everything for the CoD/Mass Effect/Etc audience. Obviously. (-No map / Instinct / Small levels / Checkpoint system / ) There wouldn't be any Checkpoint save system if it was a real Hitman game. And as many said, when they reload back to a checkpoint, every enemies are back and put you in bad situations. The save system is broken. The whole game is broken. Everytime something is changed to the worst, it brings something else down with it. Instinct because No Map No Map Because the levels are small Checkpoints because the level are small again. In overall, the level design is crap. (-Stupid and useless scoring system) Makes you feel punished for trying to have fun. (-Can't close doors/No look through keyholes/Turn on switch) Why? Because of bad AI scripting and bad level design, again, probably! (-No weapon selection) Even if 47 isn't with the agency anymore, what exactly stops 47 from having his weapons from the last level. As 47, If I wasn't with the agency anymore, I would dig myself a hole and make my own stach of items. (-No Sniper Case/Magic pockets) Something that was there since the very first hitman game has been removed for no good reason. (-Quick time events) Casualisation. (-Can't kill most targets) What's the point of being a Hitman if you don,t kill your targets? There's none. (-Escaping levels) Again, am I supposed to feel like a hitman or something? Because it doesn't feel like it. (-Stupid cutscenes / "One of a Kind" mission) The "One of a kind" mission let you play something that should've been a cutscene while Target kills are done within cutscenes. This is plain and simply stupid. (-Stupid Gun Game to get your ballers back) Bad gameplay design, bad story line. (-Garbage Bins everywhere) Obviously, it's for the casual no-brainers with one cell in the brain. Unable to hide a body if there isn't 50 garbage bin around you. (-Total disregard by the compagny for the real fans) Trying to milk a franchise isn't a good way to please the fans. At all. The game is bad as a stealth game and is even worst as an Hitman game. It's a total disrespect to the fans. 47 is dead and trolls dance on his corps. A sad time for loyal Hitman fans.
  30. Jan 16, 2014
    Hitman: Absolution took its time to be released.

The gameplay seemed dull and linear, especially with the lack of planning potential and almost no content from the previous games. The abilities that Agent 47 gains are nice (movement prediction of the hostiles + an enhanced aim then shoot mode), however i get mixed feelings about the disguises. In some environments, you can blend with
    Hitman: Absolution took its time to be released.

The abilities that Agent 47 gains are nice (movement prediction of the hostiles + an enhanced aim then shoot mode), however i get mixed feelings about the disguises. In some environments, you can blend with the surroundings which is great, but in others, you have to require stealth in order to get undetected, disguise or not.

An argument against the linearity of the game would be that each mission is divided in many sub-missions, which allows you to "plan" your moves.
    You should also take note of the challenges (Or achievements, sort of.) that makes the game even more challenging, and encourages you to re-play missions taking many different approaches. Grinders would love this.

The selections of firearms is disappointing. Only the legendary Silverballers remain, and they don't possess any sort of important power, since most enemies should die in one shot. You can still play with guns blazing, but the lack of upgrades makes this particular game style real boring real fast. I recommend playing in stealth and using melee silent take downs, where you get a variety of eliminations.

The storyline is good. I don't want to spoil the review, just take my word on it. You will most probably enjoy the story and the generous range of characters.

Graphics are also good. Nothing to add there.

Finally, the multiplayer mode is new to me: it's a sandbox mode where you get to pick targets to assassinate, then murder them. This will record the time it took you to kill your targets and which weapon you used (or if killed by triggering an "accident") You later post that murder recipe and other players on the net can try and assassinate the targets the same way as you do. It can be enjoyable if played in a competitive spirit with friends.

You shouldn't go out of your way to get this title, but at the same time you will not regret buying it.
  31. Jan 14, 2014
    The game betrays the spirit of Hitman games. It was turned into a action centered games, where you run and hide in corridors. Hitman was about solving a puzzle to killa s pecific victim, now the game has turned into a random action game. Dont do it. Dont buy it.
  32. Jan 7, 2014
    This is a Splinter Cell with disguises, not a real Hitman game. Disguises have severely limited usefulness, because guards react to your changed clothes a LOT more. Therefore you have to sneak with a disguise most of the time anyway.
  33. Jan 1, 2014
    It's not terrible, it's just not great. I can understand the disappointment of a lot of hitman fans here. Objective markers, clearly marked pathways. These things pretty much are anathema to the previous hitman titles. As others have said this feels more like a splinter cell title, which isn't a bad thing it's just not what it said on the tin.
  34. Dec 29, 2013
    I bought the game 1 month ago on Steam as the initial User reviews weren't great. Boy, oh, boy I should've listen to those user reviews. I have 42minutes of playing time and that was enough for me. The game has been significantly dumbed down for younger audience, you are constantly spoon-fed wherever you go. Very linear and enough cut scenes to make yourself believe you weren't in a game.I bought the game 1 month ago on Steam as the initial User reviews weren't great. Boy, oh, boy I should've listen to those user reviews. I have 42minutes of playing time and that was enough for me. The game has been significantly dumbed down for younger audience, you are constantly spoon-fed wherever you go. Very linear and enough cut scenes to make yourself believe you weren't in a game.

Its now on steam for $5, wait until it gets cheaper, then it will be worth it.
  35. Dec 27, 2013
    I was looking forward soo much for this game. Huge disappointment. I expected fun and nonlinear game like Blood Money was. What I got is next gen hide and seek simulator. Game has good potential bud it is killed by numerous ill-considered game-breaking changes to game mechanics. Using up instinct when in costume is the worst one. You can't go trough the level and plan your strategy becauseI was looking forward soo much for this game. Huge disappointment. I expected fun and nonlinear game like Blood Money was. What I got is next gen hide and seek simulator. Game has good potential bud it is killed by numerous ill-considered game-breaking changes to game mechanics. Using up instinct when in costume is the worst one. You can't go trough the level and plan your strategy because you have to be hidden nearly all the time. Need to recharge instinct forces you to kill non-targets which is huge downer for us clean killer folks. It is also very stupid and unrealistic. Same goes for need to knock out every other guy so you can move around freely at least a little bit. I seriously doubt that worker in the huge factory can instantly recognize all of his 500 colleagues at glance. I also really miss customizing your weapons. Nothing compares to smuggling your lightweight heavily customized w2000 through security. That was big part of fun for me and it's sad to watch it being dumped out of the game. All in all every single change of game mechanics from BM is game-breaking. There may be many hidden ways to kill your target or get upper hand but game actively forces you to take the most boring and most obvious road. Expand
  36. Dec 26, 2013
    Such a shame, a great franchise ruined for no other reason other than what? Laziness? Trying something new? I'm not sure bug the game stinks.

The reason why I'm giving it such a low score and not an average one is because of the great games preceding it.
  37. Dec 10, 2013
    Hitman is back and is it good? Yep.

Hitman: Absolution is a fantastic game, filled with fun and action. Sticking true to it's roots at most parts. The graphics are great and it runs well on my PC. The Presentation and the detail itself is very good. The character animations are great, truly good achievement on such old hardware. The game itself while sticking true to it's roots at
    Hitman is back and is it good? Yep.

The game itself while sticking true to it's roots at parts, goes more action-like. Of course I feel it should have really stayed 'The hitman way'.

The story is decent, but the level structure is so good. You can basically approach a mission in plenty of different ways.

The ending wasn't that great, though.

Overall, Hitman: Abs is a good game and definitely worth it.
  38. Dec 7, 2013
    Hitman Absolution is a very average game. Pros are Decent storytelling, Well animated Cutscenes, Decent story, Many different approaches for each mission, Very tense, No bugs, Fantastic mechanics, Very gripping, Great AI, long campaign. Cons are Story goes a bit haywire towards the end, and contradicts the story so far, Below average PC port, gets repetitive, can be frustrating, terribleHitman Absolution is a very average game. Pros are Decent storytelling, Well animated Cutscenes, Decent story, Many different approaches for each mission, Very tense, No bugs, Fantastic mechanics, Very gripping, Great AI, long campaign. Cons are Story goes a bit haywire towards the end, and contradicts the story so far, Below average PC port, gets repetitive, can be frustrating, terrible gunplay, no real difficulty curve, only difficulty spikes, fuzzy graphics, disguises are rendered useless, linear and disloyal to the previous games, Hand-to-hand combat is nothing but a QTE, Fake difficulty, Contracts mode is awful.

I'd recommend this game, but just bear in mind that it's nowhere near perfect.
  39. Nov 16, 2013
    After playing Blood Money, and loving it, I was excited to hear about Absolution. Then I played it...
    No sniper rifle in the briefcase
    No custom weapons for each level Can't aim down the sight on the guns THAT HAVE OPTICS Lose points for anyone that isn't a main target, even if you just knock them out. The tutorial at the start teaches you how to sneak, use your fibre wire, point
    No sniper rifle in the briefcase
    No custom weapons for each level
    Can't aim down the sight on the guns THAT HAVE OPTICS
    The tutorial at the start teaches you how to sneak, use your fibre wire, point shooting, etc...but all are useless since it'll just count against you...

I found it far too easy to just run and gun, since this game plays like a shooter, not a stalker. If I'm going to lose points, might as well go big and kill everyone...
  40. Nov 14, 2013
    Graphics: Amazing, some of the best. Character models look fantastic, 47’s bald head never looked better. 10.
    Sound: Great voice acting, amazing soundtrack, realistic environmental sounds. 10.
    Gameplay: The gameplay has been refined to modern day controls with a cover system that works the best that I’ve seen so far, but still retains the old Hitman formula. Each mission is tackled in various ways all up to the player to decide. Stealth plays a major role in this game, making run and gunning an option but very difficult. This isn’t the best Hitman game I’ve played but it is one hell of an amazing game, gametrailers for their false review. 9.5.
    Story: Your back in business and your first task is to assassinate Diana, but she leaves you a request to take care of a girl, and you go through all you can to meet her request. Along the way you run into some hilarious characters, and other interesting villains which make assassinating them a joy. While the story isn’t the greatest, it still keeps an interested vibe to keep pushing the game forward. 9.0.
    Lasting Appeal: Worth it, buy this ****ing game, the gametrailers reviewer, he is no stealth fan, he can’t appreciate a good game, but you can, buy this game! 10.
    Overall Score: 9.7 out of 10.
  41. Nov 10, 2013
    I must say I really enjoyed the game. It was not out and out amazing, but I had fun. For me it was the best Hitman game I have played. I was never that much of a fan of the series, but I liked this one. It was a solid 7.
  42. Nov 7, 2013
    I have to say that I wasnt a real fan of Hitman but this part I enjoyed a lot, maybe that is the reason why I enjoyed it, cause as a game it is pretty nicely done. It is a great game and gave me a nice stealthy rush. Therefore 10 points cause quality is excellent in every aspect, too.
  43. Nov 5, 2013
    I'm a long-time Hitman player and in short, It lacks words to express my deep disappointment for this game.

Think about everything that made the series so epic erstwhile They screwed every little bit of those things. No more world-wide contracts no more assassinations and briefing. Instead, we were "gifted" with an uninspiring and boring story filled with a low quality drama, and

No more world-wide contracts no more assassinations and briefing. Instead, we were "gifted" with an uninspiring and boring story filled with a low quality drama, and with a cartoonish cowboy as an antagonist.

I'm holding myself not to rate this failure in shape of game a ZERO and i won't do so just because of the engine, the well-polished graphics, the killing and shooting system and last but not least, the game's length.

All those factors make the game enjoyable for the newcomers to the series; all of whom, comprehensibly, doesn't give a if the devs KILLED the Hitman Series or not.
  44. Nov 2, 2013
    The games gunplay was boring, and yes i like doing stealth runs and rampage runs, both were ordinary. hitman silent was the best game it combined them both so well.

No loadout to select your weapons before a map this time either, goto use cheats just to have some fun on maps.
  45. Nov 2, 2013
    This is one of the most hallow games I've ever played. I literally felt empty upon completion. The story is a mess, the gameplay and level design is inconsistent, the implementation of a "Instinct" feature, and also voice acting that is laughably bad. I'd say it's not as bad Splinter Cell: Conviction, but the problem being that this game is worse. There is no reason to play this game atThis is one of the most hallow games I've ever played. I literally felt empty upon completion. The story is a mess, the gameplay and level design is inconsistent, the implementation of a "Instinct" feature, and also voice acting that is laughably bad. I'd say it's not as bad Splinter Cell: Conviction, but the problem being that this game is worse. There is no reason to play this game at all. It is the most vapid and empty game I've ever played in my life. Expand
  46. Oct 26, 2013
    With this game needing to keep up with previous releases of the game, plenty of players aren't totally happy with it, yet, the game has crafted an amazing story, which gets you trapped on it, making the whole experience quite enjoyable.

The best of the Hitman series is here, stealth mode. You don't need to go against all of your opponents when you can simply trick them and do your job as cleanly as possible; get in, take your target down and get out. It doesn't get any easier than this.

The new "Instinct" system is quite useful, and if you're looking for a challenge, you can simply not use this feature, and beat the game without using it, even though there are some quite nice tricks that come in the package.

All in all, the game is enjoyable, the storyline is amazing, and playability is decent. You should play this game.
  47. Oct 26, 2013
    The game gets merit, but the vast majority of it comes from the credit of its predecessors. It has amazing graphics, and the create your own contracts feature just blows your mind away. With more accidents, excellent and vast pathways to kill your target, the game does deserve some credit.
    However, the storyline was a bit too greasy, that is, it didn't "feel" like the hitman storyline. The gameplay also was a bit linear. Some missions in the game felt completely pointless, and were there just for the sake of it. Having said that, it did feature some of the best missions in the series so far, like blackwater park and king of chinatown. But the game did seem to loose its true identity. Killing a wrestler publicly did make me feel like "what the hell am I doing?" Some features did show 47 going soft, which, according to me, was kind of pathetic.
    The only reason for the game to get an 8, is that it does bring out a few fragments of the classic features of the series, the awesome "create your own contracts" feature, and a variety of accidental kills. Nothing more.
  48. Oct 21, 2013
    The map is toooo small,please don't split it in to small parts. I can't choose weapon before starting a mission. And the enemy is really annoying, i hate this game, i want my old hitman game backkkkkk
  49. Oct 21, 2013
    This game is quite fun. Ive never played a Hitman game before this so i cant compare, but it holds up on its own. Its fun to wonder the areas and find an interesting way to kill your target. Ill never get tired of killing people in a chicken suit.
  50. Oct 18, 2013
    new generation of graphics better looking characters more graphics and a total and unnecessary revamp of a perfectly fine system. The new disguise system is almost a joke and pointless, the episodic missions just ruin the fun of having a big map to roam around in as it essentially cuts it up into 3-6 different sequences where even if you screw up in a previous one it has 0 impact on thenew generation of graphics better looking characters more graphics and a total and unnecessary revamp of a perfectly fine system. The new disguise system is almost a joke and pointless, the episodic missions just ruin the fun of having a big map to roam around in as it essentially cuts it up into 3-6 different sequences where even if you screw up in a previous one it has 0 impact on the next at least we got our fan service Expand
  51. Sep 26, 2013
    Upon release, I hated this game, however after playing thorugh it again, I have reconsidered my stance from a 3 to a 6.

The contracts mode is good, and as a game, it is not that bad. They made some mistakes with this game, there is no doubt about that. But on the whole, it's still a very impressive game with some improvements, like the graphics, fluid movements, realism etc. I'm

I'm mainly changing my stance on this review because it saddens me that the Hitman Dev team had cutbacks, most likely as a result of the poor reception this game recieved. I just wish IO would make another Hitman game, one that follows the formula of blood money, but has the visuals and smoothness of this game.
  52. Sep 17, 2013
    Love Hitman Series. However, almost every CONSOLE PORT gets a minus-one from me right away, simply because it does not care about PC GAMERS. And this Hitman installation obviously does not. You cannot adjust FOV, which is limited to a box-view. I mean come on you are a silent assassin and you cannot see anything beyond what's directly in front of you (and even that is oftenLove Hitman Series. However, almost every CONSOLE PORT gets a minus-one from me right away, simply because it does not care about PC GAMERS. And this Hitman installation obviously does not. You cannot adjust FOV, which is limited to a box-view. I mean come on you are a silent assassin and you cannot see anything beyond what's directly in front of you (and even that is often obstructed by the bald head of the main character). Come ooooon!
    The game is also a little too hard from beginning (although i am playing on hard, and it seems that all areas are littered with people, making silent approach almost impossible), punishing you for taking out (even if you just knock someone out) all non-targets and decreasing your mission "budget".
    Aside from the bad, i still enjoy the game: hiding in the shadows, pulling gangsters out of the windows, snapping the necks of your targets, dressing as maids (alright maybe not as maids, but you'll definitely get a chance to dress as cowboy!) all of those things are present in Hitman: Absolution, and if you enjoyed previous installations, you will enjoy this one as well.
  53. Sep 11, 2013
    Great AAA game. The stealth mechanics are pretty good, the action gameplay has been improved, the difficulty is high, and the graphic and sounds are very polished.

The instinct mode has been well implemented, without ruining the gameplay. I don't know if this one is actually better than the Blood Money. Honestly i didn't like this "new" character of 47 as in the past. But the story

Honestly i didn't like this "new" character of 47 as in the past. But the story it's still quite good, and the longevity is around the 25 hours.

I suggest this new Hitman game to all the fans of the series, and to those who love stealth games.
  54. Sep 1, 2013
    When I first saw the unveiling of Hitman: Absolution, I was optimistic to see our favorite nefarious assassin make it to the current generation of gaming. What I was not optimistic for was the Hollywood cast, or the introduction of “magic pockets” (that is, the ability to carry a sniper rifle in your coat pocket). In the faux pas words of Max Scoville, who interviewed IO Interactive staffWhen I first saw the unveiling of Hitman: Absolution, I was optimistic to see our favorite nefarious assassin make it to the current generation of gaming. What I was not optimistic for was the Hollywood cast, or the introduction of “magic pockets” (that is, the ability to carry a sniper rifle in your coat pocket). In the faux pas words of Max Scoville, who interviewed IO Interactive staff after a preview of the game, my worries were “assured”.

It is true that Absolution retains its stealth ethic (and arguably with as much rigor as Silent Assassin), but it is greatly downplayed by an obnoxious point system ever present in the upper left corner. Every misstep you perform is noted here, and it cannot be disabled unless you play on purist. I assume that this is the IO’s snide reply to those who complained about mystery witnesses at the end of the level in previous games.

Speaking of AI; it has definitely improved to some extent, there are no longer telepathic NPCs who know who you are just by hearing a guard lift up a radio without saying any words in it. At one point, I was amazed how the AI suspected I was behind them when I reloaded my gun, or when I knocked out a guard and his radio made some kind of interference. But it is still not perfect. Unless you yourself make noise, guards never look behind themselves, even when you throw something right in front of them from 5 feet away. I found this AI was most comparable to Silent Assassin, since I still remember being shot in St. Petersburg for running.

The story in itself is one of question. Although it lines together with the conclusion of Blood Money rather well, it goes into a whole other direction with the inclusion of a plot device, a 14 year old genetically modified girl given superhuman abilities with an isotope in her necklace. A dying request by one of 47′s former employers is to protect her prized innocence, and seek out and kill those who wish to do her harm. The initial casting of William Mapother and recasting of David Bateson has 47 speak more lines in this game than arguably any of his previous titles. Yet 47 doesn’t babble, his newly founded areas of dialogue include briefing the player, found on by pressing the F1 key when on a level.

Regarding level design, the developers have largely abandoned that open world feel in favor of a more linear theme. The open world concept is still alive in some levels such as the Chinese New Year and Hope missions, but is by no means to the same extent as Blood Money was, which was way more consistent. I do admit, though, that they were far more generous in sheer number with 20 levels.

Graphically speaking, the visuals are stylistic, but too many filters and post-processing are applied in the name of artistic direction. It was almost reminiscent of Battlefield 3 in a way, knowing that the visuals already looked just fine 5 filters ago. Luckily, you can turn off the bloom in the settings.

The depth of field is incredibly flawed, however. Even at the highest setting, you have a severely myopic camera that will unexpectly blur out even the most important things in your field of view. It is especially bad when 47 is coming out of a dark tunnel in a mission to enter Dexter’s Industries, but perhaps it is intentional. If so, it was not a good decision to include it within the game.

With the absence of Jesper Kyd, the sound design is left extremely sporadic and often random. The music will often cease or begin without any cue, and the action music, when 47 is discovered and NPCs turn hostile, is uninteresting and bland compared to the orchestral/electronica mix we’ve come to know and love.

In conclusion, Absolution is probably one of the most polarizing titles in the Hitman series since its conception in 2000. Now approaching its adolescence, it has lost most of its innocence and changed its state of mind in order to fit in with the in crowd. That means no more map, no more first person point of view, and no more “stop and smell the roses” missions. Is it a good thing? I’m not so sure at the moment. Usually, when a game gets a mixed rating the critic suggests that only true fans pick up this title, but I suggest the exact opposite. If you’re new to this series, playing this first can give you a taste of the gameplay so you can work backwards to the core of the series and see what was the true aim of the series was all about. That is what I believe Absolution, after 6 years in development, seems to be lacking.
  55. Aug 24, 2013
    Hitman Absolution is a mixed bag. While basically an OK game and worth buying on sale (for under $10) it suffers from a few tragic weaknesses, which are unfortunate, because it had the potential to be a classic: THE GOOD. This game boasts great cinematics and cut-scenes. The story is interesting and the graphic fidelity in the game levels is solid. The UI and the unlockables are alsoHitman Absolution is a mixed bag. While basically an OK game and worth buying on sale (for under $10) it suffers from a few tragic weaknesses, which are unfortunate, because it had the potential to be a classic: THE GOOD. This game boasts great cinematics and cut-scenes. The story is interesting and the graphic fidelity in the game levels is solid. The UI and the unlockables are also solid. As a console port it is one of the better ones. Replayability is there because of how easy it is to mess up stealth. THE BAD: The levels are too small and too linear. Controls. While we understand that this is supposed to be a 'stealth game', why does agent 47 walk so damned SLOW? Sticky cover is problematic. A lack of jumping and environment destructibility are both fails in a game based around mastering an environment. In short, the controls feel sticky and clumsy. Since veteran gamers have played dozens of these games, we quickly get a feel for the level of nuance in the controls and hear they fall short of what they should be for an 'assassin' game. Despite my qualms, buy it and try it yourself. There are things like, if you can master the controls and the levels.

56. Aug 19, 2013
    This is a good game. It is completely different (but good different) to the previous installments yet that shouldn't put you off giving it a try. There are times when proceedings move in the on-rails direction though this is generally handled with finesse. The quick-time melee system is kind of cool in my opinion, it makes you a bit more vulnerable and forces you to plan your sneak attacksThis is a good game. It is completely different (but good different) to the previous installments yet that shouldn't put you off giving it a try. There are times when proceedings move in the on-rails direction though this is generally handled with finesse. The quick-time melee system is kind of cool in my opinion, it makes you a bit more vulnerable and forces you to plan your sneak attacks precisely. Guards are overly alert and if you hang around too long or move too quickly past other guards then you will be outed in a flash. Absolution is a lot more challenging than Blood Money. What is completely retarded however is when you take a disguise that has a mask and 47 opts to not wear it....?! Somewhat reminiscent of Hitman 2 where dressing up in full firefighter gear (complete with gas mask) did nothing to avail suspicion.

Many have said that Absolution has done for Hitman what Conviction did for Splinter Cell... This isn't true since Absolution is undoubtedly a well-crafted (albeit different) gaming experience whereas Conviction was a total disaster.

However:

- Checkpoint system is clumsy
    - The various uses for Instinct are rendered worthless since you will use up most of the ability getting past other guards
    - Performance issues (e.g. the infamous Absolution appcrash error, it took me 2 hours to fix it before I could even begin playing the game)
    - Straight to DVD plot
  57. Aug 17, 2013
    Greatly improved from former series, less realistic though. But does it really matter? As far as it is a game, user-friendliness and immersion are much more important than any other things. Anyway, this game was intriguing at all. That's enough for it.
  58. Aug 17, 2013
    Ha-ha,very funny you can hide your sniper rifle or AR into your pocket.Yep,it's called "Realism" and "Hardcore", stupid and uninteresting storyline, all gameplay consists of a idiotic tricks,like Throw that bottle,knife or another %itemname% in dark corner.

59. Aug 17, 2013
    Great atmosphere, great story and great graphics, solid 8 by me, but it could be better. Game just needs more polishing. Too many bugs and lots of really irritating aspects. Since when building's security is permitted to use smg and assault rifles or even to run any investigation "We have suspect here" Those latex dominatrix nuns with guns a'la Elite Guard from RTCW are not even better.Great atmosphere, great story and great graphics, solid 8 by me, but it could be better. Game just needs more polishing. Too many bugs and lots of really irritating aspects. Since when building's security is permitted to use smg and assault rifles or even to run any investigation "We have suspect here" Those latex dominatrix nuns with guns a'la Elite Guard from RTCW are not even better. County jail in Hope bigger than Alcatraz isn't far behind... Seriously, where did you get all this sick crap IO Definitely old Hitman 2: Silent Assassin is still the best part. Expand
  60. Aug 10, 2013
    As a Hitman fan it was literally painful to play through this game. I followed the buildup of this game from the very start. As soon as IO Interactive muttered the words "Agent 47 is now on the run" something inside me said that Absolution was going to be bad. It turns out my inner feeling wasn't wrong. It's not that it's a 'bad' game, it's an 'ok-ish' Splintercell Conviction clone withAs a Hitman fan it was literally painful to play through this game. I followed the buildup of this game from the very start. As soon as IO Interactive muttered the words "Agent 47 is now on the run" something inside me said that Absolution was going to be bad. It turns out my inner feeling wasn't wrong. It's not that it's a 'bad' game, it's an 'ok-ish' Splintercell Conviction clone with some bugs and stupid broken A.I. But as a Hitman game it is very bad, the worst in the series in fact. They have taken everything that made Hitman so fun and special, threw it in the bin, then replaced it with a linear story driven action game. Playing through it was like watching a terrible B Movie, it was so bad i just had to keep watching/playing through. Expand
  61. Aug 9, 2013
    Much smaller levels, very few paths to your target, very linear level design, no black market, no syringes or other interesting assassin tools, not many interesting ways to kill your targets, little and more often than not zero history behind your targets or any motivation to kill them besides them wanting to kill you.

Environments and targets have very little variation, most of the

Environments and targets have very little variation, most of the environments are in the US, the vast majority of which are in North Dakota and New York. Has an odd underlying crude sexual theme which simply doesn't fit very well with this game. The game's story focus essentially throws out the premise of being a hitman until its very end.

You can still be spotted by people wearing the same outfit as you as though every gardener on the planet knows one another, and being spotted in any difficulty besides easy is almost always certain death.

Contracts mode puts you in the same levels obviously designed with a linear story in mind. The only freedom it allows in the game's constrictive levels here is the contract's name/description, who you're killing, what single weapon you can choose to start with, and what you are wearing.

All in all, a serious disappointment and downgrade from Blood Money.
  62. Aug 6, 2013
    After playing the Hitman HD Collection i have to say that this game is a major step down in almost every way. It looks much prettier, but the levels are far far smaller than previous games, this one is much more about the story than it is about the gameplay. I loved how previous Hitmans allowed you to select your weapons before dropping you off in a huge sandbox of fun that allowed you toAfter playing the Hitman HD Collection i have to say that this game is a major step down in almost every way. It looks much prettier, but the levels are far far smaller than previous games, this one is much more about the story than it is about the gameplay. I loved how previous Hitmans allowed you to select your weapons before dropping you off in a huge sandbox of fun that allowed you to explore and do as you wish. With Hitman Absolution the story forces you down narrow paths and small linear levels full of cutsences, hell even some of the hits turn into cutscenes which takes away the point and a huge part of the fun. I don't want a cutscene to take over and kill a target for me i want to do it myself. Not being able to select your own weapons before each level also takes a lot of the fun away. After play Hitman Contracts and Hitman Blood Money i was super excited for Hitman Absolution, but sadly it just didn't feel anything like a Hitman game. Expand
  63. Aug 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Just finished the singleplayer campaign, and I have to admit: I'm glad the game is over. Hitman Absolution in my opinion is not a good game. The storyline if you can call it that is absurd and poorly written, the dialogues are ridiculously cheesy. Every single character in the game is one-dimensional and so exaggerated it's laughable. Also, I despise the depiction of women in this game, they are either the videogame standard "damsel in distress", pure sex objects, or the leather latex ninja killer nuns trying to murder you... seriously?
    The design of most missions is boring, linear, predictable, especially of the short missions. It seems the designers tried to make this a pseudo hollywood-like experience, but they fail miserably, especially due to the bad story and characters as mentioned above. Controls are okay, except for button mashing when performing certain actions what for, what's the point in this? And of course the game contains several quicktime events worst mechanics in modern videogames, which does not at all fit into this game. The checkpoint based gamesave system is unfair and broken, very annoying, as is the mission evaluation system which often does not give correct score when finishing mission.
    I loved the previous Hitman games, but this one is not a good sequel. Why didn't they make more missions like the "King of Chinatown"? That was the only part in the game I liked. Their "story" unfolding afterwards no thank you.
  64. Jul 30, 2013
    Indeed this is now more like Splinter Cell with its linear corridor-type levels. No real disguises (the thing which really made Hitman so fun!). Sometimes I expected to come up with hands up (X button) but the guard was already shooting at me. This all just feels too inconsistent. Cmon devs haven't you ever worked as janitors or similar in your life, perhaps as students? Those guys neverIndeed this is now more like Splinter Cell with its linear corridor-type levels. No real disguises (the thing which really made Hitman so fun!). Sometimes I expected to come up with hands up (X button) but the guard was already shooting at me. This all just feels too inconsistent. Cmon devs haven't you ever worked as janitors or similar in your life, perhaps as students? Those guys never fully know everyone else working with them, new people come, also there are these temp work firms who lease personel in that respect disguises would work in real life almost like in previous Hitman games. And you just took away the whole experience. You see, Hitman was not a Deus Ex Human Revolution style game where you play hide and seek and shoot tranqualizer darts, it was a game about dressing as servants, guards and janitors.. Absolution is probably not a bad a game by itself, it's just that I don't wish to play it because I like Hitman and not Splinter Cell. Expand
  65. Jul 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Hitman absulution is the newest game in the series, albeit not the best. The game itself was fun, but had very low replayability due to the fact that they redid everything.
    THE GOOD~
    What i really liked about this game was the fact that you could go sneaking about and strangle people. Its brilliant. Thats like all the other games though, so ill skip that. The graphics are amazing, and when you finish the game, you can play other user-made "Contracts" that make you kill certain people with certain weapons, and costumes, etc. There is a vast majority of melee weapons and guns, and the story is somewhat fascinating. (Not really, but who listens to the story anyway?) Throughout the game, they really emphasize that the bad guys ARE the bad guys, and i liked that. It keeps you going.
    THE BAD~
    In my opinion, Blood-Money was better. They really took a linear approach this time. Sure, you can choose if you want to kill your target in the left hall or the right one, but in blood money, you could choose the left, the right, the roof, the kitchen, in public, with a gun, a knife, in the bathroom, with a plunger, etc. They really took out the sandbox feel that most of the series has. The replayability is low due to this fact, so once you beat the game, its pretty much done. Also, they penalize you for killing civilians with score. I didnt like that, especially since in BM i would have "Kill everyone" missions, just for fun. They also REALLY butchered the disguises. If you wear a disguise, and a police officer sees you (Lets say you were wearing a PoPo uniform) He would get gradually more suspicious until you were "arrested", in which case you would take his gun and get into a hostage situation. THAT'S NOT STEALTHY. I like stealth, but Hitman: Absolution butchered that.
  66. Jul 27, 2013
    Its not the Hitman you remember from Blood Money. Very linear, less creativity needed, achieving high score is easy. On the other hand graphics are great, story is good. Its like old Hitman mixed with Call Of Duty. They tried to make it more for the big crowd of players at the cost of the Hitmans soul. Its still a Hitman, but not like you remember him.
  67. Jul 24, 2013
    Blood Money is the best Hitman game to date, no doubt about it. The thing people fail to realize is that Absolution isn't entirely a Hitman game. The story is not about 47 being a hitman, it's about Agent 47 as a human being, fending for himself and being the hunted instead of the hunter. I think a lot of the design choices reflect this, and it only enhances the realism and immersion.Blood Money is the best Hitman game to date, no doubt about it. The thing people fail to realize is that Absolution isn't entirely a Hitman game. The story is not about 47 being a hitman, it's about Agent 47 as a human being, fending for himself and being the hunted instead of the hunter. I think a lot of the design choices reflect this, and it only enhances the realism and immersion. Sure, some of the levels are linear and others are ridiculously short, but there are some pretty sweet set-pieces in this game that are both original and creative, albeit repetitive and less-enjoyable, gameplay wise, when compared to Blood Money's levels. Even if the gameplay falls short in places diehard Hitman fans would consider crucial to the series, the level of immersion and storytelling is leagues above any previous Hitman game. NPCs feel alive, environments have ridiculous amounts of detail and the game is rocking a sweet sound-track to boot. Of course, the absolute best aspect of this game is the voice acting. This game should win awards for its voice acting, it's THAT good. Almost every character in each level has something to say as you walk by them. You'll want to stop and hear what they say, too, because they usually have some interesting things to say, like how there's a toxic barrel of waste on the balcony, or that they get a serious allergic reaction when they eat peanuts. You know, just gossip. Expand
  68. Jul 23, 2013
    Great game. I've played Bloodmoney(great game too!) but Absolution it's definetly better. A few minor let-downs that are more perceptible for the old fans.Excellent graphics and gameplay mechanics, good variety ways to do the missions and the score system makes you wanna replay missions just to get a silent assassin score. If you like to play in a true stealthy way that punishes slothGreat game. I've played Bloodmoney(great game too!) but Absolution it's definetly better. A few minor let-downs that are more perceptible for the old fans.Excellent graphics and gameplay mechanics, good variety ways to do the missions and the score system makes you wanna replay missions just to get a silent assassin score. If you like to play in a true stealthy way that punishes sloth (loosing points) this is the game for you.
    The Bad:
    - Disguise system is better but still has lot to improve
    - 47 still a litte bit robotic
    - Concealing big weapons is a step back from Bloodmoney like sentosasam wrote.
    - New qicksave system discourages experimentation and respawn all enemies.
    Still a great game for the stealth genre fans.
  69. Jul 23, 2013
    after 6 ans a half years the original Assassin comes back and he comes back with a really good game ,
    first the positive things i found in this game
    1- this game has amazing cinematic presentation one of the best ever 2- amazing gameplay it keeps the previous game play of the previous parts of the series and adds a few things that makes it even better like the cover system i found
    first the positive things i found in this game
    1- this game has amazing cinematic presentation one of the best ever
    2- amazing gameplay it keeps the previous game play of the previous parts of the series and adds a few things that makes it even better like the cover system i found that really helpful
    the game is flexible as you can advance with stealth game play or action depends on your choice
    3- on the previous parts of the series you had to discover alternative ways to kill the target it is present in this game actually it is even better in this game but you have the instinct which guides you towards it whi i find really helpfull
    4- the story is really really good with well written dialogue and many twists as you advance
    5- this game is visually stunning it has great graphics
    so what was bad in this game
    the checkpoint in this game is really bad because it the checkpoints are present in really bad places that you can easily not notice at all
    some are complaining that they don't like the instinct and so you can easily disable it and enjoy
    and some complain that it borrows from splinter cell conviction well this isn't an action game it is a stealth game and if you don't like that feature in the game don't use or try to play the game on higher difficulty
    in the end a really great game and a great addition to the amazing series
  70. Jul 23, 2013
    The story was surprisingly delicate. There was actually some personal motivation of the hitman to assassinate most of the targets. But at some point things became a bit predictable...
    However, it was great fun having so many creative options as how to kill the targets. Some of these ways were really funny and it was very satisfactory if a cunning, twisted plan worked out with wonderful deadly results!!
    As a player you will get to feel the console port in the controls and this combined with the system requirements made things a bit frustrating to navigate at times.
    This game can be played several times for sure as there's so many options when it comes to completing one's mission. The story was surprisingly cinematic and I liked the characters quite a bit.
    Overall a solid entry.
  71. Jul 22, 2013
    Just a horrible Hitman game and a horrible stealth action.
    This is what happens when out of the game about making killer "modern" console stealth action game.
  72. Jul 21, 2013
    Very sophisticated and beautiful game.
    But it is not of enough amusing.In-game ranking,records and score system ruin a good game.
    Someone may say that ”high difficulty distinguishes bad gamers".I guess that everyone who is earnest "plays" this game firstly will experiance a process of "endless" restarting or reloading. Ironically 47's favourate guns:Silver Ballers are just seldomly used
    Very sophisticated and beautiful game.
    Ironically 47's favourate guns:Silver Ballers are just seldomly used in the game.
    Wish that the designers improve the gameplay of the series.
  73. Jul 16, 2013
    WTF? Hitman finally got REALLY GOOD and now it's completely regressed to all the problems I had with earlier hitman games. Seriously, you can't even select a weapon without automatically pulling it out again!? And the stealth mechanics are f*cking annoying. The game looks pretty good but they fell WAY short of what I was expecting. I would be extremely mad if i hadn't waited for the priceWTF? Hitman finally got REALLY GOOD and now it's completely regressed to all the problems I had with earlier hitman games. Seriously, you can't even select a weapon without automatically pulling it out again!? And the stealth mechanics are f*cking annoying. The game looks pretty good but they fell WAY short of what I was expecting. I would be extremely mad if i hadn't waited for the price to go down to a small fraction of what they were originally asking. I can't remember if it was blood money or contracts that came out last and that I thought, "this is near perfection, i can't wait for more hitman!" but when i finally had a chance to play absolution...it just made me sad. what the fu(K where they thinking? Expand
  74. Jul 15, 2013
    Coming from the older games in the franchise, up until Blood Money the Hitman games have been riddled with a vast range of options to execute targets and assignments. The most notable thing in Hitman: Absolution is that this non-linearity has been pretty much removed. With the combinations of small, chopped up levels that 'follow up' on each other, there is too much room for error, theComing from the older games in the franchise, up until Blood Money the Hitman games have been riddled with a vast range of options to execute targets and assignments. The most notable thing in Hitman: Absolution is that this non-linearity has been pretty much removed. With the combinations of small, chopped up levels that 'follow up' on each other, there is too much room for error, the game has become too simple, too linear and is entirely not suited for a second playthrough, not even on another difficulty. The first story playthrough is enjoyable and at times classic Hitman stuff we love to see, but that is where this game abruptly ends. It has no replay value because of the simplicity of its level design and the lack of original Silent Assassin hits (they exist, but are sometimes nothing more than flipping a single switch or making a headshot with the TRG).

Graphics 9/10 (Stunning, DX11 at its best)
    Audio 8/10 (The game is made very immersive with its voice-overs during play)
    Mechanics Gameplay 5/10 (The game lacks depth, but improves slightly on animation smoothness)
  75. Jul 14, 2013
    Well it's not the best maybe but definitely not the worst at all... Do not understand the crowd tried to crucify this game. It maybe lacks some of the depth gameplay-wise or such but just flows nice and smooth.

Well the only thing that bothered me was the achievement system, which is built like a regular arcade game that makes you play just hit the top score with "already given!" assassination styles as you see in the very names of the achievements. That blew whole magic out of it...

But other than that, game is just fine. If you've already played all of them, play this one too, not that bad at all...
  76. Jul 5, 2013
    Absolution could've been a good game, but it's a wasted potential in so many ways. The main premise the Hitman is on the run, he's got no backup from the Agency, and it gets personal is pretty cool by itself, BUT the realisation is very, very poor. Firstly, the story barely making sense, with dialogues evidently written by a fifth grader, and plain stupid, boring grotesque, clicheAbsolution could've been a good game, but it's a wasted potential in so many ways. The main premise the Hitman is on the run, he's got no backup from the Agency, and it gets personal is pretty cool by itself, BUT the realisation is very, very poor. Firstly, the story barely making sense, with dialogues evidently written by a fifth grader, and plain stupid, boring grotesque, cliche characters. The gameplay also varies from the previous iterations, In theory, it's a game about Hitman relying solely on his skills and instincts. Hence the lack of map and any pre-mission briefing in theory, you have to improvise. On practice though, it's not the case. The game doesn't encourage any kind of improvisation any non-silent actions, including killing common henchmen are punished by lowering your score. So you will still find yourself wandering around your target, making some kind of a plan, as in the previous games. Only this time you won't be able to save at will for some reason, which is freaking annoying. As for the disguise system (you can be recognised only by NPCs wearing the same disguise as you do) it's kinda-realistic alright, but on practice it's also pretty damn frustrating, there's hardly need for such realism in a game where you can change clothes in under 5 seconds and store sniper rifles in your jacket. To sum up, Absolution tries hard to be a good game, to present itself seriously, but ultimately fails and becomes a step (a few steps, actually) back comparing to its predecessors. Expand
  77. Jul 5, 2013
    Pretty Fun Pretty Fun Pretty Fun Pretty Fun Pretty Fun Pretty Fun Pretty Fun Pretty Fun Pretty Fun Pretty Fun Pretty Fun Pretty Fun Pretty Fun Pretty Fun
  78. Jun 10, 2013
    I wanted to enjoy this game and the effort they put into the story and the cinematics but I think anyone can agree if you played blood money and past hitman games, this one would just make you mad. While the disguise system is more 'realistic' it just takes away all the fun. More realistic isn't always better. And although it tries to be more realistic it still fails, for example you areI wanted to enjoy this game and the effort they put into the story and the cinematics but I think anyone can agree if you played blood money and past hitman games, this one would just make you mad. While the disguise system is more 'realistic' it just takes away all the fun. More realistic isn't always better. And although it tries to be more realistic it still fails, for example you are in a chef disguise at the chinese parade, i kept getting spotted by chefs, its not like all the freakin chefs know each other at a giant parade. I mean maybe all the staff knows each other at a strip club, but at the parade? So if the game developers are gonna be 'realistic' at least be thorough. Also some of the level designs are terrible, terminal hotel design was terrible. As all the fans will agree, they took everything good about hitman, and turned it into crap. Also you can't pick your weapons, you're constantly getting points deducted unless you play flawlessly, man the list just goes on. Expand
  79. Jun 3, 2013
    As a long-time Hitman fan I was really looking forward to Hitman: Absolution. It has been one of the BIGGEST disappointments in my life as a gamer. Actually, right now, I cannot think of a bigger disappointment. The last Splinter Cell was bad as hell, but I knew that for a fact before and am not a big Splinter Cell fan, so it didn't touch me as bad.
    Everything that was achieved
    Everything that was achieved gameplay-wise with Blood Money has literally been kicked in the balls so hard it couldn't move and was then left to die in the desert.

The biggest problems are the linear levels, the USELESS disguises, a checkpoint system with no manual save option and the absence of a map but instead the introduction of "Instinct", some lame supernatural power that 47 suddenly possesses that makes him see through walls and also into the future as he predicts enemies' paths. Gone are the times where you had to stand by, take your time and learn about your enemy. You simply hold down [CTRL] now.
    Linearity is the biggest level-design problem that literally kills the entire game. The first level after the tutorial was actually pretty OK for a first level, although a little small and still nothing compared to the awesomeness of the vineyard level in Blood Money but still, it was OK and I was having hopes that all the bad things I heard before about the game being "casualized" were a bit too much. But beginning with the second level, the game is a downhill roller-coaster.
    I have not finished the game. I couldn't bear it. The levels got too worse. I started with the 2nd highest difficulty because a few months back I read somewhere that the devs claimed to have added those features for "newcomers" to the Hitman franchise, and that hardcore Hitman players could deactivate those, similar to Deus Ex 3 (actually a f*in awesome game), where it actually worked. But with that choice, I killed all fun. You have to LEARN the specific mechanics of this game, that have nothing to do with any Hitman game before it. The problem on a higher "difficulty" is that interactive spots will not be highlighted with "instinct"-vision and still, there is no f*in map that could show those spots (I mean stuff like specific items or interactive objects in the world that would help you get to your objective, marked with an exclamation mark on the map before). At first I couldn't get through some sort of stupid library level, dumbed down the difficulty level so I could see the spots by activating "instinct" and after that, the level got beatable. Still, everything about this was against any logic in any Hitman game ever.
    Another level highlight includes being chased by a helicopter that shoots at you (remember 47 doing stuff like that?). In one specific scene, you have to crouch (pressing C or [CTRL] once), then lean against boxes (pressing another button once) and then LITERALLY just keep pressing A and E A to move to the left side of the screen and E to keep scampering from box to box. All the while, the helicopter keeps shooting through windows and destroys all the boxes. You can feel how this scene was supposed to be thrilling and intense, but the helicopter didn't even hit 47 once. The ONLY point of this scene, gameplay-wise, is to hold down A and keep tapping E.
    A few levels down, I was so filled with disappointment and also rage about my destroyed memories about the adventures I had with 47, that I HAD to uninstall it.

This list of problems is in NO way complete, but I don't want to keep writing forever. Those are just the things I kept in mind.
    I actually registered on this page just to write this review, to somehow channel my anger and letdown. I give Hitman: Absolution a 2/10 for three reasons: the graphics were pretty goddamn good, it remembered me about all the fun I had with 47 in the past (by showing me the exact opposite) and it made sure I will play the GODLIKE Blood Money again soon.

On a side note: it is sad. It is sad how games are being casualized for the sake of "opening up to a bigger audience". We've seen it with so many franchises in the past years, one of the more memorable being the new Splinter Cell. I hope that enough other gamers will wake up to this and boycott this, when necessary.
  80. Jun 1, 2013
    After finishing the game, I can definitely say that a lot of love and forced innovation (contracts for online games) went into the production of this game. The levels were well-designed and despite some bugs, overall it was an enjoyable experience. But as a fan of Hitman Blood Money, I can say it does detract from the direction of its predecessor and fails on this regard. In previousAfter finishing the game, I can definitely say that a lot of love and forced innovation (contracts for online games) went into the production of this game. The levels were well-designed and despite some bugs, overall it was an enjoyable experience. But as a fan of Hitman Blood Money, I can say it does detract from the direction of its predecessor and fails on this regard. In previous installments, I would work hard to gather all the guns and use them on replays just for sheer fun. This no longer happens on single player as the unlocks can be only used in contracts mode. I don't like this. Bring back the customizable weapons for single player! I'd give it a 6 but it is still a good game so it gets a 7. Expand
  81. May 23, 2013
    Despite the linear levels and the flawed disguise system, this game fails to encompass the components that made previous Hitman games successful. My biggest complaint is the rating system whereby it is impossible to obtain silent assassin on the majority of the levels since it just involves getting to the next level. Even when a satisfactory rating is obtained, scores can be reset toDespite the linear levels and the flawed disguise system, this game fails to encompass the components that made previous Hitman games successful. My biggest complaint is the rating system whereby it is impossible to obtain silent assassin on the majority of the levels since it just involves getting to the next level. Even when a satisfactory rating is obtained, scores can be reset to zero for no reason or overwritten to a negative number on replay. There is no reward system for completing levels such as gaining money to upgrade weapons except for in multiplayer where it costs an unrealistic amount of money to upgrade anything ($700,000 for a silencer upgrade, PLEASE!). Replaying levels is unsatisfying because agent 47 is only able to carry one weapon. In closing, very disappointed and not a well thought out game. Expand
  82. May 21, 2013
    what a game! enjoyed every minute and was sad when it ended. compelling storyline, endless replayability, good graphics, challenging AI One of my favourite games ever
  83. May 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Having played this series on PC since it first launched (I got the first game the week it came out),I feel this is the worst Hitman to date. It plays more like Splinter Cell than any of the games so far in the series. You cannot set your kit up for each job (not even on replay),nor do you have access to the weapons you pick up and keep (for the main game part not for the making contracts part) including when you change to the next part of the chapter and are in the same area. So somehow you lose all your weaponry other than the silverballers and a garrote by hopping over a fence,entering a door,climbing to a roof etc. The storyline is decent and the graphics are very nice,yet with the having to roll and hide like Solidnsnake from Metal Gear Solid games on playstation 1 in order to use the weapons you have, makes the game feel completely not like the rest. If you want to start with a silenced sniping rifle and eliminate sentries,you cannot. If you want to use the bomb set up you cannot unless these items are specifically on that level. You must toss bricks,bottles and other assundries in order to mislead them (and this somehow repeatedly does not make them increasingly more suspicious) or bludgeon them to death with these same objects all in order to get to your target to shoot them with a silenced pistol when in at least one mission you could have sniped them cleanly. This is a complete departure from what made Hitman as popular as it was.Lets face it, if 47 lost his safe houses and had collected weaponry from doing jobs after losing them, he would set up another one. It isnt rocket science. If I wanted to play Splinter Cell or Metal Gear Solid,I would play those games. Expand
  84. May 18, 2013
    this is a great stealth game!!!! the game is really good and fun. the story and voice acting in the game are amazing!!! the story is interesting and original. the gameplay is really good as well. animations are great. the game has one of the greatest stealth systems i have ever seen. the only issue with the stealth mechanics is the outfits. this is great idea, but it isnt perfect yet. ifthis is a great stealth game!!!! the game is really good and fun. the story and voice acting in the game are amazing!!! the story is interesting and original. the gameplay is really good as well. animations are great. the game has one of the greatest stealth systems i have ever seen. the only issue with the stealth mechanics is the outfits. this is great idea, but it isnt perfect yet. if you change your clothes, every other enemy from that type nows you. i get the point of this, but sometimes it just doesnt make sense. all the cops in the same city dont now each other!!!. i really appreciate IO interactive for making the outfit system, but it does need some work, the graphics in the game are amazing. the game looks really impressive, and the lightning looks great as well. another good thing the game does is the crowd sections. blending into the crowd is done masterfully.
    the best thing about the game is the options it gives you. the game gives you endless ways to do your objective. from shooting your target, to electricuting him, there are a lot of ways to do assassinations. most of the games levels are big enough. on the other hand, some of the levels are too little. im not refering to special action sequences hich by the way are done great) but some stealth levels are just too little which is a bit dissapointing. dont take me wrong! most of the levels are really open, but some of them should have been bigger. the last complaint i have about the game is the save system, the save system is just bad. it should have been better or it should have given you the option to save manually.

overall the game is great!!!!! this is the best stealth game to date. its not perfect, but if you like stelth games you should definetly buy it!!!!!
    note: the game requires a lot of patience!!! if your not patiente you will hate the game!!
  85. May 13, 2013
    As I have been playing hitman after hitman since the first one, I can say this for sure, this game its nothing more than a generic stealth game, that most of the time your only goal its find a door, and when you finaly has the chance to perform a kill, its always a simple and not clever kill, its was lost the game essence, turning into a average game with a good story, hiding a boring gameAs I have been playing hitman after hitman since the first one, I can say this for sure, this game its nothing more than a generic stealth game, that most of the time your only goal its find a door, and when you finaly has the chance to perform a kill, its always a simple and not clever kill, its was lost the game essence, turning into a average game with a good story, hiding a boring game with a stupid mechanic of saves, and a lot of pointless goals. It's with a great sadness that I submit this review, from my favorite franchise, the first of the all five games, that I couldn't end, because after each level it was getting more and more boring. Expand
  86. May 12, 2013
    I did not play the older Hitman series, but decided to give this one a go when it was on sale. My very first impression was a very nicely rendered playable cut scene. The levels are very linear, and was hoping for a more sandbox style of game play. All the same, the levels are challenging, and allows for several ways to take targets out. The storyline is fun, predictable, and cheesy atI did not play the older Hitman series, but decided to give this one a go when it was on sale. My very first impression was a very nicely rendered playable cut scene. The levels are very linear, and was hoping for a more sandbox style of game play. All the same, the levels are challenging, and allows for several ways to take targets out. The storyline is fun, predictable, and cheesy at times, but is still fun to watch it unfold. If this is on sale, give it a try too, you will have a good time. tldr: Great graphics, average and linear game play. Expand
  87. May 12, 2013
    For all complaints This game may not the best out-there, but is just amazing.
    We're not talking about graphics (they're pretty good), we're talking 'bout playability, and that my friends its a nice point.
    Ok play in lower levels of difficulty ...hitman sense, enemies paths, objects sub-lined, you can go on... WE must play on Purist!!! there's were lives and shines the real game. No
    For all complaints This game may not the best out-there, but is just amazing.
    WE must play on Purist!!! there's were lives and shines the real game.
    No map, no sense, no nothing...only you and your brain. Extremely hard tough guys, no place to run, no time to disguise...think before u shoot. I've spent a lot of hours replaying and creating new ways to kill to get unnoticed.
    So go for it guys...this games rules.
  88. May 2, 2013
    I really enjoyed this game. I have not played any Hitman games before until this one so I am not sure what the others are like but this one was a lot of fun from my perspective. The graphics were good and the objectives were fun. I didn't follow the story too well but from what I gathered it was pretty good. No bugs or issues. The one criticism I have is that the "disguises" you wearI really enjoyed this game. I have not played any Hitman games before until this one so I am not sure what the others are like but this one was a lot of fun from my perspective. The graphics were good and the objectives were fun. I didn't follow the story too well but from what I gathered it was pretty good. No bugs or issues. The one criticism I have is that the "disguises" you wear almost never work. There were too many instances were I was wearing a disguise that the people saw that it was me and then a giant gun fight occured that either resulted in me dying or me getting a really low score. I might just suck at the disguises but it happened far too many times. So in general this was a good game I would reccommend it. Expand
  89. Apr 29, 2013
    The Hitman you knew is gone.
    The Hitman you knew is gone.
    Be prepared for an ordinary Cover-based stealth shooter that is very linear and with a silly story. They really cheated me this time, by putting the enticing label of Hitman on there, and giving me this uninspired, linear and braindead stealth-shooter, where you're basically not even doing hitman-work. The freedom of earlier games is completely gone, disguises are tacked on and dont work like they should, gameplay elements seem to work against eachother. Broken checkpoint-saves. You're mostly just going door to door instead of planning and executing awesome assassinations...

The most fun I had in this game was going crazy and just go on killing sprees, the stealth mechanics used are just so old and boring, clearing a mission through stealth and not killing anyone has never been this boring before... much of the time I didnt even have a target.... yawn.

+ Graphics, sound

I was thinking of putting all the annoying game changes and disappointing quirks in Absolution here BUT I'm short on time so I'll cut to the chase and just say WHY this game FAILS.

- It's masking behind the great HITMAN-label and dont deliver.
    - THAT and it seems they did'nt even try to make a hitman game. They put 47's face on Sam Fisher basically.

I'm deeply disappointed and I dont understand how they could do this to Hitman fans. We waited so long too.
    I'm giving it 3 because of the Sniper Challenge, atleast that was fun while it lasted.

Verdict Rip-off.
  90. Apr 15, 2013
    I liked Hitman Blood Money so much i bought it twice, once on Playstation 2, then again on Xbox 360, still play it today. I bought Hitman Absolution on day of release and traded it in already it was that bad. All they needed to do was take Hitman Blood Money and improve the AI. Instead they took all the fun of Hitman out. Last game i ever buy from IO.
  91. Apr 15, 2013
    I'm still playing Hitman Blood Money 7yrs on, every level is such a joy to replay through again and again. Unfortunately the same can't be said about Hitman Absolution. It's not like a Hitman game and the levels are very linear story driven trash that aren't even worth a second play through. AVOID this game, rent it or buy it second hand, don't waste your money. Hitman Blood Money is aI'm still playing Hitman Blood Money 7yrs on, every level is such a joy to replay through again and again. Unfortunately the same can't be said about Hitman Absolution. It's not like a Hitman game and the levels are very linear story driven trash that aren't even worth a second play through. AVOID this game, rent it or buy it second hand, don't waste your money. Hitman Blood Money is a masterpiece, Absolution is a total disaster that has killed a once great franchise. Expand
  92. Apr 15, 2013
    A poor addition to the Hitman franchise. Hitman was a series that didn't need changing, it was as if IO Interactive have never heard of the old saying "If it's not broke don't fix it" Everything that made Hitman so great and unique has been removed and replaced with material copied from other gaming franchises. As a result Hitman Absolution is very similar to Splintercell Conviction ratherA poor addition to the Hitman franchise. Hitman was a series that didn't need changing, it was as if IO Interactive have never heard of the old saying "If it's not broke don't fix it" Everything that made Hitman so great and unique has been removed and replaced with material copied from other gaming franchises. As a result Hitman Absolution is very similar to Splintercell Conviction rather than a Hitman game. The big open sandbox levels have been replaced with heavily scripted linear levels so it can tell a story. Previous Hitmans were all about gameplay, Absolution is more about a story. The story was like it was written by Steve Stiffler from the American Pie films, very childish sick gross out trying to be edgy but fails. In my opinion games should always be about gameplay, if i want a story i'll watch a DVD or go to the cinema. The less i say about the broken AI the better. Expand
  93. Apr 15, 2013
    Simply the worst Hitman in the series, it's not even really a Hitman game. All the fun of Hitman, the big open sandbox levels that encourage exploration are gone, weapon select at the start of each level is gone, the cool music from Jesper Kyd is gone. Hitman games were always game play over story, Absolution is story over game play (it's not even a good story). Most of it encouragesSimply the worst Hitman in the series, it's not even really a Hitman game. All the fun of Hitman, the big open sandbox levels that encourage exploration are gone, weapon select at the start of each level is gone, the cool music from Jesper Kyd is gone. Hitman games were always game play over story, Absolution is story over game play (it's not even a good story). Most of it encourages sneaking about without being seen trying to make it from one door to the next, it's just no fun and nothing like a Hitman game. Expand
  94. Apr 8, 2013
    Mediocre. To sum it up short, it has a terrible story with no consistency, one-dimensional characters, flimsy level design, and linear set pieces. It removes the core of Hitman, that is planning to perfection on how to kill your targets. It's gone in this game, save a few levels.

However, the game has great game mechanics. Had these been implemented into bigger maps and a less pretentious storyline, it would have worked. Other than the Instinct feature, the game benefited from it's great controls.

It isn't without it's faults though. The disguise system is horrendously imbalanced and doesn't help you at all. Considering it's a core feature of the Hitman series, this hits hard.

Though the game has it's moments. Levels like, King of Chinatown, Terminus Hotel, Hunter and Hunted, Streets of Hope, and Blackwater Park are brilliant, and are some of the best in the series. Although, the other levels are completely unplayable, since the player will have no ambition to grudge through them and their linear design void of player choice.

If you see this game on a Steam Sale, I'd say you should buy it to see just what it's about. That doesn't change the fact that it's a huge disappointment in the series after Blood Money.
    You're better off purchasing the HD Collection if you're a console player.

This game had huge potential IO. Fix it with the next game.
  95. Apr 6, 2013
    i think, against all opinions, the history is the worst of the hitman series. Isn´t wise let a killer who want´s kill you, alive. But, this happens in the game, again and again.
    About the customization, the game is fun.
  96. Apr 4, 2013
    This game was fun and full of action, but it did have some problems. The worst part of this game is probably the lack of manual saving. I've had this game crash THREE times in under 30 minutes, but nothing else after that. The disguise system works, but was sometimes annoying because people would notice you anyway, but it can be saved by using the Instinct key. The points system was alsoThis game was fun and full of action, but it did have some problems. The worst part of this game is probably the lack of manual saving. I've had this game crash THREE times in under 30 minutes, but nothing else after that. The disguise system works, but was sometimes annoying because people would notice you anyway, but it can be saved by using the Instinct key. The points system was also very tedious, as I always wanted to do the best I could, but I'd have to start over if I made a mistake. However, it doesn't ruin this entire game full of explosions, gun kills, silent kills and more. Expand
  97. Apr 3, 2013
    It would be good game, if it have:
    - open world
    - saves
    - weapon selection
    - saves
    - map
    - SAVES!

What's wrong with developers, which want to ruin silent killing game and make some one-error-replay-full-mission-game with QTE which you could not break?! Sorry, this game is not worth the money at all (even with 60% discount which i find).
  98. Mar 31, 2013
    For anyone looking for creative, free, imaginative game play... steer clear of this one. All the planning and decision making that made the previous titles so immersive and stimulating are removed. There is no weapon load out choice, disguises no longer have any purpose and the levels are completely linear where the developer has chosen the course of action you must take as if you were onFor anyone looking for creative, free, imaginative game play... steer clear of this one. All the planning and decision making that made the previous titles so immersive and stimulating are removed. There is no weapon load out choice, disguises no longer have any purpose and the levels are completely linear where the developer has chosen the course of action you must take as if you were on the rails of a very slow moving roller coaster with no ups or downs. Very disappointed as this was a real step back. We really are living in a "dumbed down" period of gaming. Like Dishonored, you are encouraged not to kill people, even though you inevitably have to... you are an assassin after all. Both those titles push you in directions to get punished for being where they push you. Some people seem to like that paradoxical nonsense, but that goes beyond hitting your head against a brick wall when you're allergic to bricks yet are the only thing you can feed on Yeah... I don't get it either. The negative reviews really do represent the game... the positive reviews are for those who enjoy a really shallow, totally directed lacking in content experience. Expand
  99. Mar 29, 2013
    This game is a lot of fun, great graphics, the game-play and story could use a bit more work they could have made the game a bit longer as well. But other than that this game is really fun and it is worth the money.
  100. Mar 29, 2013
    This is NOT a Hitman game. They have butchered the disguise system so badly that I can't even stand to play the game. The classic Hitman strategy of disguising as a guard to enter the guard territory is ruined. This game has been severely dumbed down and ruined. The only great thing about it is the combat and the game engine over all. The fact that the game engine is so solid just makes meThis is NOT a Hitman game. They have butchered the disguise system so badly that I can't even stand to play the game. The classic Hitman strategy of disguising as a guard to enter the guard territory is ruined. This game has been severely dumbed down and ruined. The only great thing about it is the combat and the game engine over all. The fact that the game engine is so solid just makes me wish this game had lived up to any of its potential. Expand
  101. Nov 22, 2012
    As a long time fan of the hitman series, Absolution feels like a kick in the teeth. Gone are the sprawling sandbox style killing grounds of Blood Money - they have been replaced with tiny linear corridors where your goal very rarely even involves taking out a target. The story is embarrassingly bad and full of more holes than a wheel of swiss cheese, yet IO seems intent on forcingAs a long time fan of the hitman series, Absolution feels like a kick in the teeth. Gone are the sprawling sandbox style killing grounds of Blood Money - they have been replaced with tiny linear corridors where your goal very rarely even involves taking out a target. The story is embarrassingly bad and full of more holes than a wheel of swiss cheese, yet IO seems intent on forcing you to absorb it. Each of Absolutions mission objectives is focused on advancing to the next pre-rendered cutscene. I could also mention the **** quick time event driven combat, the broken disguise system where enemies will recognize you from 15 meters away even if you're wearing a mask and have your back turned to them, and the total lack of weapon / equipment selection prior to a mission. If you liked Blood money, stay far away from this It'll break your heart. Collapse

Despite the deviations and minor shortcomings, it remains true to its roots. It just brushes them aside for a while, just long enough for it to tell its story- a story where the traditional contracts and other usual components just wouldn’t fit. [January 2013]
  2. Jan 8, 2013
    Hitman: Absolution does stand out from the ocean of gray and brown shooters that populate the market, but not in enough good ways to warrant a recommendation.
  3. Dec 26, 2012
    It's not a bad game by any means, and it does fix some problems with the controls that plagued previous games, but having the story that essentially makes Agent 47 less of a hitman and more of an espionage hero, makes Absolution a decent stealth game but not a fantastic Hitman game.