Hitman: Codename 47 PC

7.5

1. Dec 1, 2015
    This game is good and hard........

. . . ........
  2. Aug 31, 2015
    While the graphics are dated, but the story and the action also the characters are interesting and suspenseful it's a very original game. Let the Hitman video game franchise continue!
  3. Mar 31, 2015
    Very obscure game with fantastic atmosphere and great story! This game is quite amoral in a fun way! Playing a professional hitman is a thrill! Of course it's not supposed to be something just anyone could do, so expect to be in for a challenge.

The game starts out with the best tutorial ever made. The reason is that it's not so much about the controls (like modern tutorials). here it teaches you how the game works, shows you tactics and introduces you to the different weapons you have at your disposal. Exploring these options is extremely fun!

The game itself has smart levels that require thinking, planning ahead and split second decision making. It's notoriously hard and any mistake can be punished mercilessly ... or if you're lucky you might be able to get away with it ... this time.

Depending on how cleanly you succeeded you get more money as a reward. With that money you can buy better weapons for your missions or pay to clean up if you left too many bodies behind.

The graphics and sound were very stylish and realistic for that time. Also the weapons and in game items are very realistic. Art design was very consistent and nothing feels out of place.
  4. Mar 17, 2015
    Fantastic from high concept to gameplay mechanics. Yeah there's no skips, but It works towards the strategy of watching the ai mobilize. The literary characters and their unique abilities are something you shouldn't miss.
  5. Mar 17, 2015
    Hitman: Codename 47 is the first title of the wonderful hitman series and when it was released 15 years ago it was also probably the first of its genre, since Thief, even if stealth too, almost lacked the FPS part.

This first title of the hitman saga is the one that differentiate the most among them: it's fairly easy to camouflage and there's no breath simulation while aiming but also this is the one that gives you most freedom of choice. Almost every mission can be completed in 3~5 slightly different ways.

Gameplay aside, the plot is extremely intriguing, graphics are amazing (for a year 2000 title) and music matches 100% the game, sadly voice acting (At least Italian one) is really bad.
    Mission settings are extremely detailed and pervasive and, most of all, you have time to carefully plan and carry out your assassinations.
    Ah, you can't save during missions, this is just awesome if you ask me. I'm a huge fan of games that force you to think carefully before doing things.

There's a reason if this niche game ended up being one of the most successful videogame series of all time. You won't regret buying it, even after 15 years, worth every penny.
  6. Sep 3, 2014
    Fantastic stealth game for it's time. Full of innovative ideas and giving you the option to role play the Hitman perfectly, always having lots of ways how to achieve your objective, varied and exotic locations, different types of missions and especially really good stealth mechanics, disguises and 100% tension thanks to the design decision not to give you saving options. Well, after IFantastic stealth game for it's time. Full of innovative ideas and giving you the option to role play the Hitman perfectly, always having lots of ways how to achieve your objective, varied and exotic locations, different types of missions and especially really good stealth mechanics, disguises and 100% tension thanks to the design decision not to give you saving options. Well, after I finished the ame I found out that you supposedly are able to save once during each mission, ut I finished the entire game without a single save and that's what made it so captivating and memorable. The sense of achievement after the finished mission was huge, but so was the frustration when I had to repeat missions countless times, or when I died just before the end and had to go all over, but that's what made it great and that's why the first Hitman is by far the best in the series. All the ideas come from here and tension have never been so strong ever again. 9/10 Expand
  7. ERB
    Nov 15, 2013
    One of the best hitman games ever!The storyline is just good and the graphics are bizzare plus the game play of this game is freakin awesome!This game is awesome!
  8. Oct 30, 2013
    Ground-breaking idea for a game. Lots of different locals. Varied ways to finish missions (though the penalty for killing everyone is hardly strict enough to deter that from being the easiest/most used option). The check point saves are not the ideal saving feature (quick saving is needed). Also some secondary objectives are more ambiguos (or not even alluded to at all). Still a solid gameGround-breaking idea for a game. Lots of different locals. Varied ways to finish missions (though the penalty for killing everyone is hardly strict enough to deter that from being the easiest/most used option). The check point saves are not the ideal saving feature (quick saving is needed). Also some secondary objectives are more ambiguos (or not even alluded to at all). Still a solid game and great starting point for an awesome series. Expand
  9. Jul 29, 2013
    Excellent game! Be sure to start with this one before you play the rest in the series. I actually like it very much that you can't save during a level (they added this in Hitman 2 and later). This made for a very difficult game and it was fun! It kind of felt a real achievement to progress. To keep this feeling, I played it on the highest difficult in the rest of the series.
  10. Oct 5, 2011
    Yes the graphics were terrible, you can't save the game and some missions can be long and tedious, but I prefer the "work it out yourself" approach, which beats Blood Money's endless clues and hints on how to play the game. Sure, Codename 47 isn't interactive as such, but the arcade-style gameplay means you're not restricted. The game is punishing if you try shooting through everything-Yes the graphics were terrible, you can't save the game and some missions can be long and tedious, but I prefer the "work it out yourself" approach, which beats Blood Money's endless clues and hints on how to play the game. Sure, Codename 47 isn't interactive as such, but the arcade-style gameplay means you're not restricted. The game is punishing if you try shooting through everything- ublike Hitman 2- even on Normal difficulty. This Hitman feels a lot more exciting and more fun to play than other Hitmans. It certainly has its flaws, but because you can't save and the missions can be long, it's definitely the most rewarding than other games in the series. Expand
  11. Nov 1, 2010
    One of the only games ever with good game play and a good story. Shooting enemies with a shotgun makes them fly for five meters what is just AWESOME. Also the ending was really good and interesting.
  12. Andreas
    Oct 1, 2009
    This games is amazing. I remember playing it, and yes, it's hard, but that makes it even greater to finish. I love the story, the setting, and 47 himself. I don't understand the complaints about the missing save function, it made it even more genious! Yes, it was extremely frustrating to die right at the end, and having to start over, but it made everything far more intense andThis games is amazing. I remember playing it, and yes, it's hard, but that makes it even greater to finish. I love the story, the setting, and 47 himself. I don't understand the complaints about the missing save function, it made it even more genious! Yes, it was extremely frustrating to die right at the end, and having to start over, but it made everything far more intense and realistic. I am proud that Denmark has made something as great as this. I rate it 9. Expand
  13. Freddy
    Jun 7, 2008
    It had so many flaws once it was released that ratings here should be overstimated. But getting older, this game has earned value for the plot, the design (except the gruesome background) to take new chance.
  14. JasonE.
    Nov 5, 2007
    This game is and was amazing, even almost seven years on, maybethe graphics are dated but the gameplay still takes your breath away and leaves you thinking, whats happened to the gameplay today? Why has more effort been put into graphics whilst the gameplay gets left behind? Give me second rate graphcs and codename47 state gameplay any day.
  15. Caramba
    Jun 8, 2004
    Wonderful.
  16. CboB.
    Jan 15, 2004
    This is the best game since gta 4.
  17. mOOnrabbitx
    Aug 30, 2002
    The best game I ever played!! damn, I trying to find a replacement sinds I played it out. But can't find one.
  18. MichaelB.
    Jun 11, 2002
    A very, very good game good graphics and it has involing speed, shooting, and all other stuff. The perfect game to get but i would be careful who you get it for there are some graphic stuff in here but it is a good game to play i recomend it to anygame player who likes action!
  19. KimBoK.
    Jun 7, 2002
    Super game!! a little hard the first time..
  20. GodsNemesis
    May 17, 2002
    The best shootèm up game ever it beats even Deus Ex.
  21. TomT.
    Mar 19, 2002
    Very original.
  22. VladimirP.
    Jan 27, 2002
    An amazing game, with OK graphics and very good sound. I love shooting everything in sight with an MP-5! They could have put in rocket launchers though...
  23. TheJackal
    Jan 5, 2002
    Great game!!!!
  24. AlT.
    Nov 16, 2001
    Not a 10, because there is not a save the game option during the game.

1. I would not hesitate to recommend it to other gamers, but with the caution that you should be prepared for a game that probably won't fit neatly into any mental box you might have prepared for it.
  2. Daily Radar
    One of the coolest and most absorbing games we've played all year.
    I really had been looking forward to this one and it let me down in so many ways. If only it had been longer... If only the camera had been different... If only it had been a bit more mentally challenging.