7.6

1. Mar 8, 2011
    This, plainly put, is the worst game I've ever played. Hmm... where to start? Story: I am currently on mission 3 and I have no idea what the plot is supposed to be and I have read all of the intro text. As far as I can tell, the only plot is to kill Asian mafia members...

Controls: This game has some of the most broken controls I've ever seen in a video game. When I went to the control
    customization screen, I thought it was a joke that the default was the numpad. When I switched it to standard WASD controls, W was run, S was walk, X was back, and C and Z were strafe... WTF I've never heard of any game in existence using that control scheme. The use button requires (sometimes) pressing the right mouse button to bring up an options menu to choose what action to perform via mouse scroll. This makes sense except that it gives you no information on how to do this in the tutorial. I walked up to the first elevator, pressed E, and nothing happened. I then spent 5 minutes attempting to figure out how to use an object. Gameplay: I don't know what everyone is talking about with this gameplay being the best thing since "GTA4" (even though GTA4 came out 2008 and this came out in 2000) and not knowing "what happened to gameplay these days". While the gameplay concept is a great idea, it is probably the sloppiest execution for any "sneaking game". The AI is terrible, as the police don't notice you when they should, and notice you when they shouldn't. Graphics: Being on the third level, and especially given how small the levels are, I've encountered probably around 20 graphics errors, and they're obvious. If a game makes all entities disappear when you look at a certain part of the wall, you just don't release it.

Ambiance: While the music in the background is very soothing and cool, it's the ONLY THING THAT HAS PLAYED SO FAR IN THE GAME! It gets annoying as hell to hear the same damn melody over and over again.

Well, that sums up pretty much all of the categories. With broken AI, no good tutorial, and throwing you out in the middle of the city with no instructions besides "Hey, you, kill these guys.", this game is amazingly bad. I got the Hitman Collection during the Steam Christmas sale for $7.50. That makes H:C47 worth $2.50. If it goes on sale for 50 cents, don't get it. If it goes on sale for free, don't get it. It's not worth nothing. That's how bad it is.
  2. Sep 28, 2013
    This is one of the worst games I've ever played. I know it was released in the year of 2000, but that doesn't give it a right to f#ck your ass with an electrical stick mainly designed for torture! This game has as of now put me through 10 horrifying hours of unbearable pain. It has some of the worst AI bugs I have ever seen, they can sometimes walk trough walls and spot you even if you're disguised. The controls are some of the most up controls ever made on this planet, using the NUMPAD as default. The voice acting is terrible. 47 sounds more like a robot than a robot does! The missions are boring and the story is so bad you can't even understand why 47 is a hitman! Why? Where? What? When? How? I have still not played through the entire game though, it gets a 4 for at least making me trying to finish it and for the graphics being pretty good for 2000. Expand
  3. Sep 28, 2013
    This game doesn't even deserve a one out of ten. I bought the hitman collection for 11 they DARE to sell this game for 7 They should have to PAY you to play this game. graphics, story, worst AI ever seen in video game history, crappiest level design, no effort put in at all. I am at level 7 and this game hasn't given me ONE mission that I've actually enjoyed. Great work IO!!!!! AN APPLAUSE FOR THIS AMAZING GAME!!!! This game doesn't even deserve to be reviewed... Collapse
  4. Sep 28, 2013

1. I would not hesitate to recommend it to other gamers, but with the caution that you should be prepared for a game that probably won't fit neatly into any mental box you might have prepared for it.
  2. One of the coolest and most absorbing games we've played all year.
    I really had been looking forward to this one and it let me down in so many ways. If only it had been longer... If only the camera had been different... If only it had been a bit more mentally challenging.