Hitman: Codename 47 PC

Aug 11, 2001
    It's too delayed.
  2. JohnD.
    Mar 12, 2002
    Good game and lots of fun. Keeps you hooked. Down side is lack of game save. When you have advanced a long way in the game (after 10 missions) each mission can last up to two hours at a time. When I took on the drug lord in the jungle I managed to kill him and virtually complete the level only for my PC to crash. This happened several times. Two hours into the level and having to start Good game and lots of fun. Keeps you hooked. Down side is lack of game save. When you have advanced a long way in the game (after 10 missions) each mission can last up to two hours at a time. When I took on the drug lord in the jungle I managed to kill him and virtually complete the level only for my PC to crash. This happened several times. Two hours into the level and having to start again. Game save option is a must for any follow up. That besides I would recommend the game. Should be higher up this list though. It is better than "Anachronox." Expand
  3. Dec 8, 2012
    This game was terrible. Stealth didn't work, gives little help what to do. There is almost no plot. Terrible graphics. Steam overlay didn't work and wouldn't let you minimize the game, unlike anything I've played before. There was also a problem with not being able to run for some reason. The game is fun the few times it works. But that is few and far between. There is a game this has theThis game was terrible. Stealth didn't work, gives little help what to do. There is almost no plot. Terrible graphics. Steam overlay didn't work and wouldn't let you minimize the game, unlike anything I've played before. There was also a problem with not being able to run for some reason. The game is fun the few times it works. But that is few and far between. There is a game this has the worst user and critic rating of them all. It was poorly made. Expand
  4. Dec 5, 2012
    The best Hitman ever made, as well as the probably best stealth game. I wonder if will be there another game like this one, but I'm sure it won't. Great, funny and competitive gameplay, there's a lack of story (although the final missions are epic, especially the last 2 ones), but this game doesn't need it, because it's already great.
  5. Jul 16, 2013
    an OK game the graphics are a bit dated but it doesn't matter the sound and the gameplay is so fun it is a very hard game and yet there is no save game making it a really frustrating game but with good story it is not bad
  6. Jan 22, 2016
    Definitely an original game that puts the player in the shoes of a hitman. At first the game has you killing Hong Kong Triad members and drug lords, but that all eventually leads to the awesome conclusion of your origin. Despite the lack of in game saves and A.I. problems, the atmosphere and tension in this game are second to none.
  7. Oct 26, 2013
    Codename 47 was a classic game and really good for 2000. The rag-doll physics seemed perfect with the blend of a classic storyline and good features, including moderate graphics and a vast choice of weapons. All of this under one genre, stealth.
    It could have added a few more options like in-game saves, 2-3 more missions and create a more interactive environment.
  8. May 15, 2015
  9. Feb 29, 2016
    Well, it's hard to be objective. The game's from 2000 but playing it I had hard time with my eyes. It hurt me so much so I got myself cheats to play it through quicker.
  10. Dec 10, 2016
    I thought Hitman: Codename 47 was a great entry point for the series defining what it is that Agent 47 does and how he came to be. Just like any game from 2000 there will be many flaws in A.I. and level designing. Most of the levels were small and only had one or two ways of completion but that is fine because with a saving system like this one it really would have been a nightmare to beatI thought Hitman: Codename 47 was a great entry point for the series defining what it is that Agent 47 does and how he came to be. Just like any game from 2000 there will be many flaws in A.I. and level designing. Most of the levels were small and only had one or two ways of completion but that is fine because with a saving system like this one it really would have been a nightmare to beat this game. If you are caught, killed and hit space to continue from a checkpoint the guards will still be on alert EVEN if you are loaded back in an area you are sure you were safe in; they WILL find you. That is one of my very few gripes with this game as it still delivers satisfying gameplay with a variety of fun hits.
    The story, in my opinion is the game's strength but it only picks up in the end quarter of the game and for me, it did not disappoint. Learning how 47 was created and by who was pretty awesome and I enjoyed watching it unfold. Most gamers overlook this rewarding game but I highly recommend they try it out if they are a big Hitman fan!
  11. Mar 8, 2011
    This, plainly put, is the worst game I've ever played. Hmm... where to start? Story: I am currently on mission 3 and I have no idea what the plot is supposed to be and I have read all of the intro text. As far as I can tell, the only plot is to kill Asian mafia members...

Controls: This game has some of the most broken controls I've ever seen in a video game. When I went to the control customization screen, I thought it was a joke that the default was the numpad. When I switched it to standard WASD controls, W was run, S was walk, X was back, and C and Z were strafe... WTF I've never heard of any game in existence using that control scheme. The use button requires (sometimes) pressing the right mouse button to bring up an options menu to choose what action to perform via mouse scroll. This makes sense except that it gives you no information on how to do this in the tutorial. I walked up to the first elevator, pressed E, and nothing happened. I then spent 5 minutes attempting to figure out how to use an object. Gameplay: I don't know what everyone is talking about with this gameplay being the best thing since "GTA4" (even though GTA4 came out 2008 and this came out in 2000) and not knowing "what happened to gameplay these days". While the gameplay concept is a great idea, it is probably the sloppiest execution for any "sneaking game". The AI is terrible, as the police don't notice you when they should, and notice you when they shouldn't. Graphics: Being on the third level, and especially given how small the levels are, I've encountered probably around 20 graphics errors, and they're obvious. If a game makes all entities disappear when you look at a certain part of the wall, you just don't release it.

Ambiance: While the music in the background is very soothing and cool, it's the ONLY THING THAT HAS PLAYED SO FAR IN THE GAME! It gets annoying as hell to hear the same damn melody over and over again.

Well, that sums up pretty much all of the categories. With broken AI, no good tutorial, and throwing you out in the middle of the city with no instructions besides "Hey, you, kill these guys.", this game is amazingly bad. I got the Hitman Collection during the Steam Christmas sale for $7.50. That makes H:C47 worth $2.50. If it goes on sale for 50 cents, don't get it. If it goes on sale for free, don't get it. It's not worth nothing. That's how bad it is.

1. I would not hesitate to recommend it to other gamers, but with the caution that you should be prepared for a game that probably won't fit neatly into any mental box you might have prepared for it.
  2. Daily Radar
    One of the coolest and most absorbing games we've played all year.
    I really had been looking forward to this one and it let me down in so many ways. If only it had been longer... If only the camera had been different... If only it had been a bit more mentally challenging.