5.5

1. Apr 17, 2011
    This game is awesome. Snipers spreading like a disease and RUINING all other FPS's are the source of the bad reviews in my opinion. Not since BF2 have I been addicted to a game like this. Each kit can be as effective as a squad, countering campers and allowing the player to ground pound with impunity. In this game it all comes down to who is working harder and your KDR does not take theThis game is awesome. Snipers spreading like a disease and RUINING all other FPS's are the source of the bad reviews in my opinion. Not since BF2 have I been addicted to a game like this. Each kit can be as effective as a squad, countering campers and allowing the player to ground pound with impunity. In this game it all comes down to who is working harder and your KDR does not take the hit it did in BF2 for doing so. It rewards in battle heroics with points used to buy assets (GENIUS!) in a more team oriented fashion than CoD and let's not even get started with hacks and hit detection. This game beats the other titles HANDS DOWN! I've seen little hacker and even then, they were not the god's the hacks allow in other games. Singleplayer sucks but if you are buying a FPS for single, you're either 9 or incredibly stupid.
    Remember, BF2 was the greatest of all time and they had NO single. Just bots that did nothing to prepare you for what was coming. BC2, MoH, CoD do not hold a candle to this game.
  2. Apr 21, 2011
    Having played through the bunch of FPS lately hitting the market I have to say this one stood out above many of the titles, ok so the single player campaign is short... who seriously buys fps for single player? once you get into the multiplayer this game really stands out above the majority of COD type games flooding the market. If you played Frontline fuels of war, you'll find a lot ofHaving played through the bunch of FPS lately hitting the market I have to say this one stood out above many of the titles, ok so the single player campaign is short... who seriously buys fps for single player? once you get into the multiplayer this game really stands out above the majority of COD type games flooding the market. If you played Frontline fuels of war, you'll find a lot of common ground here since its by tthe same devs, such as remote drones and being able to go fully prone. Graphically its reasonable with Dx11 support, although texturing shows signs of console grade sadly... not enough to spoilt the excellent gameplay though. I'd take this over COD Blackops anytime... the only game it doesnt stand upto in my view is Battlefield Bas company 2 and maybe Crysis 2. Expand
  3. Apr 26, 2011
    El modo historia es bastante decepcionante, pienso que no lograron cumplir las espectativas que vendian en sus trailers, graficas no acordes para la actualidad, pero lo que le falta al modo historia lo compensa muy bien el modo multijugador. La jugabilidad es muy buena, mapas excelentes, y actualmente con la herramienta para crear servidores dedicados pienso que es un punto muy importanteEl modo historia es bastante decepcionante, pienso que no lograron cumplir las espectativas que vendian en sus trailers, graficas no acordes para la actualidad, pero lo que le falta al modo historia lo compensa muy bien el modo multijugador. La jugabilidad es muy buena, mapas excelentes, y actualmente con la herramienta para crear servidores dedicados pienso que es un punto muy importante para la comunidad de jugadores. Estoy seguro que el juego puede convertirse es un FPS adictivo. Expand
  4. May 14, 2011
    You can buy homefront cd key for only $24.00 from http://www.cdkeyport.com/homefront-cd-key.html

it is cheap and trustable place.After paying , You will get Homefront Cd Key (Scan or Photo of the Original Homefront Dvd Game )
  5. Jun 23, 2011
    Homefront is an ok game, not really outstanding, just ok.
    The Singleplayer game starts out felling like its going to be an epic story, but starts falling flat after several cut scenes. The Graphics are rather clunky looking which I found surprising since all my other Unreal Engine games look awesome. The SP is very short.
    Multiplayer has nothing exceptional of note.
    To me, this game wasnâ
  6. Dec 28, 2011
    Not bad but not good too. The Single Player campaign is short. It was an overpriced game although now the price dropped. This week you can get it on Steam for 5$.
  7. Apr 28, 2012
    While the game play was fun. The game doesn't last very long with only 5 hours of single player game play. Single player appears to be only a training session for the online game play. I paid release day price for this game. While shopping around on line for this game today, I see the price has come down to where it always belonged.
  8. Nov 9, 2011
    This seems to be a bad copy of Call Of Duty. All is predictable in the story and in the action. In fact there is no action. Sometimes we just stand waiting for enemies to come. The scenario itself is too simple and the game is too short. I was very deceived by this game that had a rally good teaser. You'd better leave this game for another...
  9. Jul 17, 2012
    Why do studio's release games when there not finished. This game is a console port, copies cod in gameplay. And has an unoriginal story. The voice acting is superficial, and things that are ment to be important don't have the meaning to put up with all the talk. like OMG A Labor camp 400 feet from our home base, and we dug like 3 miles of tunnels with little kits and two annoying adultsWhy do studio's release games when there not finished. This game is a console port, copies cod in gameplay. And has an unoriginal story. The voice acting is superficial, and things that are ment to be important don't have the meaning to put up with all the talk. like OMG A Labor camp 400 feet from our home base, and we dug like 3 miles of tunnels with little kits and two annoying adults like really? WTF Expand
  10. Dec 9, 2011
    Aside from just being a bad game (see all the other user reviews), Homefront actually starts to feel like some kind of bizarre propaganda tool within the first 5 minutes of the campaign. If some creepy midwestern militia ever published a game, it would look startlingly like this. I'm almost afraid part of the 7 bucks I paid went to some radical fringe organization.
  11. Dec 6, 2011
    Alright, a lot of people are going to think I'm being too hard on this game, and that I'm a troll, but I'm not, I think this badly about nearly every game that comes out, and I speak out against them because I long for the days when games didn't suck so much, and I hate seeing the potential of what could have been great games go to waste because of stupid decisions

Homefront Homefront...

Homefront Homefront... where to begin. When I saw the box and heard the premise behind it, I was hooked. This is one of the greatest ideas for a game I've heard of in a while, Korea taking over the US feels like something that could actually happen and it set my imagination on fire. I really really tried to give it a chance and like it, I really did, but there isn't one good thing I can say about the game and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, not even to try out for a couple minutes. And not even because it's "bad" persay, it's just that there's nothing there. You have to follow your dumbass teammates around the entire game, listening to this white boy try to cuss and this strong independent girl break down and cry every ten minutes. The point is, the voice acting and story are bad. I wouldn't really even call them bad, they're just barely noticeable. Your impulse is to shove these people out of the way and tread your own path because in anything resembling real life, these morons are getting shot QUICK... oh wait, they DO get shot... in EVERY firefight they get shot at least three or four times, but they must have nanotechnological healing abilities or something because they wipe those bullets off like sweat and keep right on shooting, and then the game expects you to buy it when one of your teammates actually gets hurt in a scripted sequence. Oh, and about treading your own path? Forget it. You have exactly one option in this game: Follow. Follow the leader, follow the objective, move toward the big white dot on your screen. Objectives pop up roughly every 20 seconds and usually for something stupid like, "New Objective: Crawl under fence." I'm not even joking, that's actually in the game. You can't even move ahead of your group because you have to wait for your leader to tip over a refrigerator for you or something, it's ludicrous. It's almost like it was designed with a five year old in mind, and that would be fine except the subject matter is definitely not meant for a five year old. It just doesn't make sense

The basic design is one you've seen a million times before... you shoot things. I wish I could say more, but that's really all there is to the game. Sure the surroundings might change, the objectives might change, but not once does the game ever throw something clever at you, it's nothing more than a glorified shooting gallery, all with the same little shrinking reticule that hasn't changed since Counter Strike. To top that off, the melee animation I swear is ripped EXACTLY from CoD. That's just sad guys. There was so much here you could have done if just one single person in the whole company turned on his brain for a second.

The game would have been a lot better if they had gotten rid of the teammates and let you roam around on your own as a more covert agent. It would have been nice to have an original idea in the gameplay so it doesn't feel like I'm playing Counter Strike or CoD. It would have been nice without the regenerating health, and if bad guys didn't shoot you instantly when you showed yourself, and were affected more when you shoot them. I like games that let me do my own thing, explore at my own pace and play the way I want to. If it can't do that, then what's the point? If I can't express myself in the game, then I might as well be watching a movie. Homefront tells you where to go, when to go there, what to do, where to point your gun and who to shoot. If you still can't figure it out, your teammates are there to talk to you like you're having trouble fitting the colored donuts together in preschool. Heaven forbid you figure out something for yourself and actually feel a sense of accomplishment. It's a snooze-fest from start to finish

Spending years in development and millions of dollars does not automatically make your game good. I don't get how games like this come out, or why anybody would think this is fun. Not even slightly recommended
  12. Dec 14, 2011
    The reason I bought this game was because of the storyline, which takes about 4-5 hours to finish and gives you little freedom of choice in what you want to do. You're pretty much led through the entire campaign following one NPC or another that can't die and can't aim. What bugged me the most was why a random soldier can heal ridiculously fast after being shot numerous times. Then when aThe reason I bought this game was because of the storyline, which takes about 4-5 hours to finish and gives you little freedom of choice in what you want to do. You're pretty much led through the entire campaign following one NPC or another that can't die and can't aim. What bugged me the most was why a random soldier can heal ridiculously fast after being shot numerous times. Then when a NPC gets shot, they get put out for an entire mission (which in-game time is about a night). There are also a few glitches in the game, but nothing a reload last save couldn't fix.

This is also the only FPS I've played where enemy units continually re-spawn, so you can't actually clear out an entire level unless you move to certain areas or one of the people you're following does something. Kinda makes me wonder where all the Koreans came from. Graphics are a bit dated, not the worst I've seen though. Haven't tried multi-player, but after sifting through the forums it doesn't look like its worth playing.
  13. Dec 15, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Single player campaign of this game is fairly average. But I really enjoyed multiplayer. It completely consumed me for 3 days since i bought it and now I play it when I only can. The amount of people hating on the game is driven by being too closed in call of duty games by me. Expand
  14. Dec 16, 2011
    Wow...where to begin? Well it looks like a project that had a timeline that the developers couldn't meet.

1) Spectacle: The world detail is really impressive, the color and lighting is well done. However, the model detail of the characters and enemies are really disappointing with oddly shaped characters. The blood spatters when the AI gets shot looks like an arcade game in your local mall that was designed 5+ years ago.

2) Movement/Clipping: THIS IS HORRIBLE!!! You feel caged in by the world, the items in the world have large hit-boxes which halt your movement through the level. I am constantly getting held up in critical firefight moments by pieces of garbage lower than my knees, objects in the world have invisible force-fields that get in your way.

3) Story: Good idea, very interesting, and I want to see how it turns out. The storyline is the only reason I made it 4 chapters into the game before I got entirely fed up and quit.

4) Interaction/Triggers: This is another thing which I really REALLY hated! I am constantly being held back from moving into the next part of the level by closed doors and barricades which only the friendly AI can move, which wouldn't be bad if they weren't so clumsy at it! The AI moves along predetermined paths and takes forever to progress to the next thing. I literally counted 8 toggles between crouch and standing of one of the characters while we were in a burning building before he successfully moved into position to remove the barrier. I am ALWAYS the last person to pass through any transition, because the level will not let me progress until all the other AI have made their clumsy, awkward, and totally unnatural way through.

5) Weapons/Ammo: Decent weapon selection with an interesting variety of mods. HOWEVER, you never can carry enough ammo. 90 rounds at the most for assault rifles and submachine guns, 200 rounds for light machine guns. NOT ENOUGH AMMO!!! I am constantly having to swap my weapons for a dead enemy's weapon just so I can keep enough ammo to fight on. An attempt at realism for limited carry-on capacity? Maybe, but the result for me as a gamer is complete frustration at having to drop a weapon I like in order to pick up one I don't care for just because it has ammo.

6) Missions: Frustrating. Looks more like an attempt to make an interactive movie than a good game. If they made this story a movie (and it was handled by ANYONE other than the people who had a hand in this game), I would go see it. The outnumbered situations with impossible odds doesn't bother me. What DOES bother me is the limited movement within level with terrible and ineffective friendly AI.

7) Developer Suggestions: Don't try to fix this one...it is too broken. There is no amount of patching that can save this game. If you want the story and the idea to carry on, change the name of the game, modify the story enough to pass as something new, and start from ground zero. I would like to know what engine they used, if it was proprietary, it shows. If it was a mainline engine such as Quake Engine, it was a buffoonish handling of it. Take some queues from games like Call of Duty, World At War and newer if you want a linear Single Player Campaign. I like open-world games like Borderlands, Grand Theft Auto, and the like. I hate feeling caged in because it robs credibility from the realism. Sorry, but try again.

Final Thoughts: I you read this far, you should already know that my suggestion is: Don't waste your money...go rummage in someone's garbage if you want to find this game, or wait for a yard sale 2 months down the road and pick it up for $0.50 if you want your blood pressure to rise and are masochistic.
  15. Dec 28, 2011
    Homefront easily earns a 9. It was simply put out into and advertised to the market wrong. It was advertised for its single-player aspect. But its true value is in multi-player. It combines the common aspects of the two more popular FPS franchises Battlefield and Call of Duty into one, all while adding its own twist. Its multi-player is very non-repetitive due to the points system. ForHomefront easily earns a 9. It was simply put out into and advertised to the market wrong. It was advertised for its single-player aspect. But its true value is in multi-player. It combines the common aspects of the two more popular FPS franchises Battlefield and Call of Duty into one, all while adding its own twist. Its multi-player is very non-repetitive due to the points system. For every action a player takes to further there team in wining a match they are awarded points. Those points are spent on perks and vehicles for that match only. It also promotes playing as a team because assist-kills and objective captures have the highest rewards. But sadly it was introduced in the height of the Call of Duty craze where a games campaign over-shadows multi-player. All these factors combined makes Homefront a 9.0 worthy game, its time will come somewhere in the future. Expand
  16. Jul 5, 2012
    i would shoot me if i would have paid more than five juros for this **** **** bimbogame. **** graphic, **** sound, **** control and a **** AI with godlike moments
  17. Sep 20, 2012
    This game is nothing but a steaming pile of hot garbage. The tepid attempts to try and add "tension" or "emotion" to the game is tossed out the window due to arenas with noticeable spawn points, characters you couldn't care less about, and a boring, piss poor story. The only character you actually have any caring for is a robot for god's sake! They try to balance out the "MURDERThis game is nothing but a steaming pile of hot garbage. The tepid attempts to try and add "tension" or "emotion" to the game is tossed out the window due to arenas with noticeable spawn points, characters you couldn't care less about, and a boring, piss poor story. The only character you actually have any caring for is a robot for god's sake! They try to balance out the "MURDER EVERYTHING" mindset with characters who are basically similar to being prompted by windows for installing something.
    "Shoot bad guys? yes/no?"
    /yes
    "are you sure? they are still humans! yes/no?"
    /YES
    /shoots bad guys
    "oh the humanity, why did you shoot those bad guys who had guns and shot at you? Are you a monster? yes/no?"
    /YES
    "let us continue on with the story...shoot bad guy? yes/no?"

The multiplayer was a horrid example of what a multiplayer should be. From "random" spawn points (in the same spot) and camp sites (pretty much with outhouses and firepits already built in) you will spend most of your experience watching the respawn screen due to the amount of sniper fire that happens the second you show back up. We use this game as a joke amongst our gaming group as what not to do with a game, spending anything more than 5$ on this game is still a rip off, the hype behind it also created what we call "getting homefronted" now.
    "wow, i year a lot of good things about this game, lots of reviews before the game is launched...somebody spent a lot of money on advertising"
    "probably going to get homefronted"

Bottom line, dont even waste your time, you could be doing better things with your time than playing this STD on my steam account. Synchronized vomiting, rash sculpting, and freestyle suicide comes to mind
  18. Mar 15, 2011
    Play it for the setting if you like the idea of it, otherwise you probably won't enjoy it. I only got 4 hours played out of it. And that's with messing around a bit "talking" to random people and trying to find the news clipping easter eggs, not playing for speed at all.

The very best part of the game was the setting/atmosphere. Hiding in a mass grave to avoid the Koreans, abandoned suburbs with propaganda posters, labor camps, a Walmart type store turned into a ammo/fuel dump for Koreans, survivalists who have gone crazy forcing Koreans to dance with bullets and dig their own graves and hanging their heads on sticks as a warning.

Was mediocre, multiplayer is unnecessary and probably tacked on. Not worth 50 dollars - maybe 20. Also, the amount of people who only have 1 rating and 1 review reviewing this game makes me suspicious of astroturfing fake high scores from the publisher/developer.
  19. Mar 16, 2011
    What a waste of money. Total disappointment. Mediocre graphics, low poly models, TERRIBLE animations, gun sounds all the same, plays just like a 5 year old console game. Cmon, we're in 2011 now folks get with the times.
    I will never, ever pre-order a game again.
  20. Nov 8, 2011
    LOL. This game's terrible. It doesn't even open in my computer...
  21. Mar 16, 2011
    Homefront is a game that pretty much lived up to the limited marketing hype it got. When the developers were talking about creating an experience where you feel that war is horrible they do just that. The musical score adds to that and gets you in the mood. For example, in situations in the campaign that demand you to be on top of your gain, the music follows suit. Multiplayer takesHomefront is a game that pretty much lived up to the limited marketing hype it got. When the developers were talking about creating an experience where you feel that war is horrible they do just that. The musical score adds to that and gets you in the mood. For example, in situations in the campaign that demand you to be on top of your gain, the music follows suit. Multiplayer takes aspects from the CoD series and BF series and melds them together to get a fast-placed unlaggy experience in which the field changes dynamically. The game itself is not a AAA game, but an AA game. Hopefully DLC for it comes to expand the campaign. Expand
  22. M13
    Mar 17, 2011
    Multiplayer is unique and fun. Single player is great but too short. All in all a solid game. And I'm sure that some of the flaws people are talking about will be patched soon enough.
  23. Mar 17, 2011
    Sadly another "Over-Hyped Sub-Par Generic Shooter". Had lot of expectations for this one ... and another disappointment on the score board. Nowadays there's a new phenomenon call 'publicity hype' which let you mirror the game on its best angle and let you want for more, which in turn is not always all bad but lately there's been loads of bad games getting 'BIG' loads of resources onSadly another "Over-Hyped Sub-Par Generic Shooter". Had lot of expectations for this one ... and another disappointment on the score board. Nowadays there's a new phenomenon call 'publicity hype' which let you mirror the game on its best angle and let you want for more, which in turn is not always all bad but lately there's been loads of bad games getting 'BIG' loads of resources on publicity/Public Relations to compensate for its knowingly shortcoming. If those 'hype/PR' would be cut in half and let the other half goes into production and programing maybe this game would've get a more favorable treatment. Homefront is one of those over-hyped game where they've put way too much resources on 'hyping' the game and not enough on production values. I've been playing computer game since the Tandy 1000 back in the 80's and believe me I know what im talking about: I've bought my share of bad games over the years and Homefront is not all that bad but certainly not a good investment.

- Single player: Colorful, Some of the scenes are down right good but most are just ok, Incredibly short. Generic, Nothing stands out from other shooters. I've been in the army and full-auto firing is just way too accurate. Offense-Defense-Sniping scenarios and put it on repeat cycle... get boring after a while.

- Multiplayer: Complex maps; sneakers and snipers can get away with it, which is good. Map scenes diversity, has lot of it. Numbers of maps, is not enough ...Epic FAIL. Camping; too many snipers camping around, either that and the scouts camping in some bushes to wipe 3-4 players in less than a second with no effort on targeting. Weapons; again way too accurate, no ballistics involved whatsoever, Servers are mostly empty (maybe its the 3rd day after launch effect), No Real sense of achieving anything other than seeing the capture points moving around (maybe im being harsh about it but i like seeing/interacting with objectives by blowing/building/hacking objectives and that would've been a good thing to add on this game even in SP.) Vehicles downright SUCKS (clunky turrets, obstructive terrain and too many ways to bring them down easily) Like I said, i have played loads and loads of games in the past, maybe that makes me less of a 'common' player but yet again i can tell when companies tend to 'butch' things up (*cough* EA *cough*) rather than 'trying and failing' like Homefront. By the way, Homefront has alot in common (other than being the sames two companies Kaos Studios and THQ) with the disappointment going by the name Frontline: Fuel of War which share many similarities: guided mini-tanks/helicopter, way the game feel, objectives type, clunky turrets ... etc, etc, etc ... Total letdown is all im feeling right now ... Not worth 50$.
  24. Mar 17, 2011
    I had been waiting for HOMEFRONT for years. I was so excited to finally play it after years of delays. The game had a lot of potential. It had a good story, and good characters. The problem is the game was annoyingly short! I beat the game in one sitting. The Multiplayer isnt bad, but it feels like a mix of Battlefield and CoD... nothing really original going on. My main complaint is thatI had been waiting for HOMEFRONT for years. I was so excited to finally play it after years of delays. The game had a lot of potential. It had a good story, and good characters. The problem is the game was annoyingly short! I beat the game in one sitting. The Multiplayer isnt bad, but it feels like a mix of Battlefield and CoD... nothing really original going on. My main complaint is that the game was just too damn short. After all the hype, the game was a major disappointment. Worth playing I guess, but wait until it goes on sale. I wouldnt suggest paying over $30 for it. Expand
  25. SPG
    Mar 20, 2011
    Only tried the single player for 1 level, then decided to give the multiplayer ago. OMG how much fun is this game online, reminds me a little of RTCW fairly fast and frantic could do with a few more game types but i am sure that will come. Its another port (like most titles) but considering its only been out 2 days in europe its running really really well, a few memory leaks here andOnly tried the single player for 1 level, then decided to give the multiplayer ago. OMG how much fun is this game online, reminds me a little of RTCW fairly fast and frantic could do with a few more game types but i am sure that will come. Its another port (like most titles) but considering its only been out 2 days in europe its running really really well, a few memory leaks here and there but i am sure it will get fixed.

I think the critics have been overally harsh, maybe THQ doesn't have the cash to sweeten them up as much as EA & Activision for there so called triple A titles.

The new battle commander and vehicle system is a nice twist as well. It was £22 this weekend on D2D ok graphically its ok, nothing ground breaking but it fits the game. Sounds are fun. This is how a PC port should be done. A great little underestimated title.
  26. Mar 18, 2011
    This is a quick review of the game Homefront for the Xbox 360. I bought this game anticipating a short, but epic single player game, which would inspire me to try the multiplayer afterwards. The single player game is so bad that after the 4th chapter I had to put the game back in the box and got it ready to trade-in. The frames per second are terrible, choppy graphics that look likeThis is a quick review of the game Homefront for the Xbox 360. I bought this game anticipating a short, but epic single player game, which would inspire me to try the multiplayer afterwards. The single player game is so bad that after the 4th chapter I had to put the game back in the box and got it ready to trade-in. The frames per second are terrible, choppy graphics that look like they were done in the previous decade. I don't understand how anybody would like this game, even with the theme being "original" - it's completely ridiculous, outlandish, and shows how the developers were trying to evoke patriotic feelings. Game sucks, dudes. Buy a different one, trust me! Expand
  27. Mar 22, 2011
    I can not begin to describe how disappointed I am in this game. I chose to get this over Shogun 2:Total War, to try something new, and I completely regret it. The premise is very good and has lots of potential, but honestly the game is just too boring, no matter how many huge explosions and civilian murders I see. The trailer was better done than this console-port of a game.
  28. Mar 16, 2011
    I buy games for the story, and boy did this game claim to have a story. As a huge fan of Apocalypse Now, I had high hopes for this new title from Kaos (whose Modern Combat mod I enjoyed for months when I was taking my first steps into the still-new world of FPS). I read and watched everything I could find on this game in the days before it's release with great anticipation, assuming that aI buy games for the story, and boy did this game claim to have a story. As a huge fan of Apocalypse Now, I had high hopes for this new title from Kaos (whose Modern Combat mod I enjoyed for months when I was taking my first steps into the still-new world of FPS). I read and watched everything I could find on this game in the days before it's release with great anticipation, assuming that a game built on such a strong story foundation was destined for greatness. However, my assumptions quickly proved to be false.

Really, really quickly, to be honest. It only took me a just shy of four hours to beat the single player on regular. Apocalypse Now: Redux clocks in at 3:14:59. It actually took longer to download it than it did to complete. Needless to say I was very disappointed. The characters are shallow and a lot of the heart wrenching drama we were supposed to see ended up just being shock value. Outside of a few other gameplay annoyances, though, I did find the game to be pretty fun, with enjoyable missions and some very cool sets. I'm just hoping they don't expect me to actually pay for DLCs with more single player content, they've already ripped me off enough.

A lot of reviews praise the multiplayer as this game's savior. This is what's wrong with the FPS genre in general, but I won't go into it here. The online experience is good, dedicated servers are a definite plus. There are a few nice innovations, but overall it feels like a scaled-down Battlefield game (which makes sense, considering the developer), and looks like any of the recent CODs. Though it quickly gets old if you've played much of either. Honestly the only thing that saved it for me was the Steam version came with Metro 2033.

Final thought:
    Save yourself 50 bucks and just borrow the game from a friend (you'll only need it for a day).
  29. Mar 20, 2011
    I was drawn in by the many trailers and the buzz around the game, thinking the single player would be a huge success; maybe a 20 hour campaign with a good storyline, but I was wrong about the single player campaign. It took only 3 and a half hours to complete, the story was very linear, and the AI was flawed. But what they did do well with the SP, was to make the player feel something andI was drawn in by the many trailers and the buzz around the game, thinking the single player would be a huge success; maybe a 20 hour campaign with a good storyline, but I was wrong about the single player campaign. It took only 3 and a half hours to complete, the story was very linear, and the AI was flawed. But what they did do well with the SP, was to make the player feel something and not just be killing the enemies because you were told to, but because you were fighting for your land, and defending American citizens. There was one scene where a young child's parents are shot to death in front of him, and another where you have to hide in a mass grave, it's scenes like that that can make the campaign feel worth-while. On to the multi-player. I gave the game an 8/10 because of the multi-player, it could 've gotten a 9/10 if the campaign were better. The multi-player is REALLY addicting and plenty fast-paced. The huge maps and vehicles and upgrades all come together perfectly. It isn't an easy game to master, but its impossible to be really bad at. The multi-player is very solid and i really cant think of anything negative to say about it. It is definitely better than call of duty multiplayer and possibly better than bc2. Overall, its a game worth buying if just for the multi-player, but could have been much better if the campaign were longer and less linear. Expand
  30. Mar 21, 2011
    The game was OK, nothing ground breaking. What killed it for me was technical issues. Excessive screen tearing and artifacting at high resolutions and max settings, even with the latest drivers and every known fix, still made the game almost unplayable. I've never had technical issues this bad with a game before. I am an A+ certified technician so I do know what I'm doing technical wise.
  31. Jul 27, 2012
    I played the first 2 single player missions and to be honest the first thing that came to my mind when i saw the "usa invaded" was "SERVES YOU RIGHT !"
    Now to be honest, they are trying to get the player to feel something for the americans just because they threw in s few kids to make it mode dramatic. But in my opinion, that really backfired on them because the things they use to TRY to make me feel sorry for the americans in A GAME, are the things they are doing right now to other countries IN REAL.
    Ok, got that out of my system :D
    Now for the gameplay, most of the 2 missions i got to play were dragged on by cut scenes and waiting for an enemy to pass 2 meters in front of you without seeing you. And when you Finally get to play a little, the controls are buggy aiming is slow to respond, movement feels like you are superman on holiday casually floating in the air with a gun stuck on your face.
    In short, it has a bad story, fails to make you feel anything for anyone, because face it, if you let your continent get invaded by sea so easily, then you probably deserve it. Its a game that you forget about it 5 minutes after you stop playing it, all i can still remember about it at this point(1 day after playing) are some videos taken from real life but even in those i'm not sure what they were talking about.

It's a bad first person shooter, where enemies take 2 bullets to get killed, and you take it one clip like Rambo then just hide behind a wall and eat dirt to regenerate health (Let's say in the plot maybe that's why USA got invaded ... for it's great health regenerating dirt, in which case the enemy did a bad job with all of them wearing helmets making it impossible for them to take advantage of that)
  32. Mar 16, 2011
    This game is in my opinion the best game so far this year and generally extremely fun. I enjoy the new setting and the presentation is simply mind blowing. The story is extremely well made and intense, but can be a little bit predictable some times. Im pretty sure this game will be on my top 3 for 2011.
  33. Mar 17, 2011
    I think the single player is really holding this game back, it could have amazing if they developed it more and didn't simply copy paste missions from other fps. The multiplayer is very well made and should not be missed by battlefield and cod fans. The multiplayer is the reason for purchasing the game, do not get if you are only interested in the single player aspect.
  34. May 13, 2011
    There are no redeeming features to this game. DO NOT BUY IT.

There are no redeeming features to this game. DO NOT BUY IT.

Homefront was the worst FPS I have ever played, you'd have to go back to golden eye before you saw gameplay mechanics so slipshod. Aiming a weapon in this game is like trying to pick up a nickle with the claw machine. The plot was hackneyed and utterly stupid. I've played FPS's for 12 years and this was the worst experience I've ever had with them.
  35. Jun 11, 2011
    I actually really love this game. I am not really into single player campaigns but I thoroughly enjoyed homefronts, although I would say it seems to just end. Multiplayer on other hand is awesome, like a less hardcore arma 2, fast paced, shoot someone they die fast, and vehicles for those that like that sort of thing, I just stick to my drones :)

All in all I would say if you like

All in all I would say if you like military shooters but do not like how easy games like cod and bc2 are then get homefront, if you think cod is the best thing ever then you will probs not like how fast you can die in this game.
  36. Mar 24, 2011
    A great game marred by performance and optimization issues since release. Hold off until a couple of patches iron things out is my advice unless you're willing to do a lot of .ini editing and searching around online for various solutions/tweaks. As others have said the multiplayer is a very nice mix of battlefield and call of duty, and really brings some great new concepts to the table.A great game marred by performance and optimization issues since release. Hold off until a couple of patches iron things out is my advice unless you're willing to do a lot of .ini editing and searching around online for various solutions/tweaks. As others have said the multiplayer is a very nice mix of battlefield and call of duty, and really brings some great new concepts to the table. Personally I love just flying around in the UAV over a match and marking targets for my team =). If you're up to the challenge, go for it and pick the game up now. Once you get it running, it really is a great title that deserves a higher score than those it has been given so far. Expand
  37. Mar 18, 2011
    Generaly, a very good game. I was really wanting this game to replace BF, my usual FPS choice. But it wont, maybe when HF2 comes, but not this time. Instead it will be a filler till BF3, and a good one at that. I loaded up on the second day of release, got a BIG patch DL, so not to many bugs when I played MP. Every now and then I get the "stuck drone" bug when on sharp edges. ThatsGeneraly, a very good game. I was really wanting this game to replace BF, my usual FPS choice. But it wont, maybe when HF2 comes, but not this time. Instead it will be a filler till BF3, and a good one at that. I loaded up on the second day of release, got a BIG patch DL, so not to many bugs when I played MP. Every now and then I get the "stuck drone" bug when on sharp edges. Thats it. However, cheaters are pretty rampent, hopefully VAC will catch them soon. SP, short and heavily scripted. Kaos promised a good mix of RPG in it, nope. A lot of "follow the leader". Still the story is good and enlightening. Very well told. MP - Not my cup of tea. Very CoDish. Its challenging, and therefore Im still entertained, when not frustrated by the ease of my death. 1-2 bullet hits and your gone. Plus the maps are a campers paradise. But they are very detailed and elaborate. They also make good use of all levels of elevation. Plenty of things to climb. Too bad there isnt any bullet drop. The "unique" features that Kaos talked about, Battlepoints and Battle Commander, very well planned and implemented, making the game interesting and more fun. Also the in game chat box is obscure, so chat flammers are barely noticed. Squads formation is available, but its an aferthought. There is no squad spawning, everyone just spawns randomly around the map.

Graphics - Just a little better then PS2 lvl. I was hoping for better w/ PC copy since it was codeveloped instead of a full console port. Nope. Still very dated. Too bad, b/c this game has a lot going for it. Its not bad, it just doesent make the bar, thats all.

Sound - This pertains mostly to PC users. Sound is as basic as it gets. Like a lot of new titles, your soundboard is barely utilized. Also, no multi channel speakers used, just basic stereo. No EAX, 3D sound positioning or anything, same with headphones. VOiP - doesent work.
  38. Mar 19, 2011
    I must preface this review by saying that I am not much of a single player gamer, I much prefer to face and best a foe with a brain, rather than pwning a bunch of ones and zeros. Having only played the multiplayer, I can tell you that that alone is enough to warrant Homefront receiving a 8/10 rating. Sure there is a discernible lack of polish, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Itâ
  39. Mar 23, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I was looking forwards to this game for a couple reasons just as so many of you, first was the singleplayer since that was one of the things they kept promoting with. Before the release they said that they looked at games such as Half-Life this is notable in the game and I like that.

Sadly but true there are a lot cinematic movies in each single mission there are even so many of them that they get bored and after a while it got so bored that I preferred to hit my space bar button and just jumped around.I also could not get any feelings for the characters (NPC's) since their responses aren't even looking natural neither feeling that way and they have so many emotions it's just hard to get a emotional attached to them while that was one of the stronger points of Half-Life.

My second problem with the singleplayer was that it was buggy and predictable since every time one of your buddy's tells you to do something they tell it as a reason for example: Normally they always go first trough the doorway running faster then you but then this one time they will not go before you're trough one of my buddy's even told me to go trough the door, guess what? A Korean surprise party was waiting for me.
    As for the bugs let me put it like this: Walls are supposed to block you from going somewhere not air, there are a lot blocking spots where you would expect to be able to walk trough.

My third and final problem was it's length it took me for about 4 - 5 hours to play and finish the game this where (after seeing all the trailers) I expected at least 8 hours of gameplay, the only mission which was fun to repeat was a mission in a certain helicopter.

So far the singleplayer, the multiplayer on the other hand is good and far from bad also on the PC.

Battlepoints:
    These are the points you collect see it as "Money" however this money will disappear on the end of the round so you only have a limited time to use them, you can earn battlepoints by killing people however when you spawn-kill somebody you won't earn any points at all same counts for when you bought a vehicle and get to many kills, you will only receive about 10% of what you otherwise would have.
    The more kills you make without dying the more points you will get to so getting a "Killstreak" will definitely reward you.

At the begin of each round you can choose your class with your "Personal killstreaks" this can be for example a Personal UAV scan, a Rocket launcher or a drone.
    Once you died you get the ability (when you have enough points) to choose one of the 5 vehicles (10 different in total, but 5 for each side) first you have a Humvee, second a Light Armored Vehicle, third is a Heavy tank, fourth a Scout helicopter and last a heavy armed helicopter.
    The between these rewards are good since players on the ground will be able to get a rocket launcher whenever they need (when set) also the game gives you from the start the ability to use a Proximity launcher which is useful against air targets (to use this for other classes you need to be a higher level).

Perks: Unlike Call of Duty where you can select 3 perks with a limited combination, this game did it different you get an amount of "Points" which you can use starting with 4 points but each 25 level's you go up you get 1 extra for example:
    Steady aim costs you 2 points leaving you (at level 10) with the ability to either: go for two 1-point perks or one more 2-point perk.
    Level's of the perks go from level 1 till 3 but none of them are "Overpowered", not even the "Commando-look-alike" one.

Maps:
    There aren't so many maps however each of them has their own unique design, you have as well close quarter urban environments as well as long distance maps.

Last thing to talk about will be the weapons and their realistic feelings:
    The weapons actually do damage in this game, and you will only need 3 - 4 bullets to kill somebody and the weapons are pretty balanced I have not (yet) met a weapon which is in my eye's either in-effective or overpowered. the only bad thing this game does have are the snipers, sometimes you just can't walk trough the city without being sniper by some guy hiding in the bushes 300 meters away but the game also has the solution for that: You get less battlepoints and the kill-cam gives your position away. Bad thing I found was that there is only 1 shotgun in the game and that is the one coming with the resist edition (or DLC code), you do have an under-barrel shotgun but that one isn't as effective as the one you get with the code. Weapons have attachments and camouflage unlocked by kills and killstreaks.

Conclusion:

+ points:
    The multiplayer is balanced.
    Good feeling weapons.
    No over-powered rewards.
    Team-based objectives and a smooth gameplay.

- points:
    Short and buggy singleplayer.
    No replay value in the singleplayer.
    A couple hackers in the multiplayer but not to many of them.
  40. Jun 5, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Way too short in single-player, some potential ruined by hackneyed writing and rigidly linear design.

When I first heard of this game I thought it sounded great. A "Red Dawn" scenario which has so much potential for branching gameplay (infliltration, sabotage, guerrilla actions,overwhelming odds, resource acquisition etc) but instead it turned into an almost "on rails" FPS....and sadly it didn't even do that well.

The scripting was cliched beyond belief. The scenarios were cliched. The voice acting was ordinary. I can see that the developers wanted us to "feel" for the people we later see massacred...but I felt no attachment to anyone. The only character I truly felt for was the little kid who witnessed his parents execution...that moved me...more of that and I would have been "engaged". The missions had very little sense of urgency, which was broken up even more by the propensity of the game to direct you to the next area by having your companions stand in front of a door/gate calling out "over here". If I wanted to wander about the map I could...for hours...and they'd just keep calling out "over here". And the mission where we "sneak" through a survivalist camp was BS...there was no sense of sneaking or suspense - just follow your companions and do what they say...and the guys 10m away won't notice 4 people running through their encampment!?!?!?

Only the last assault upon the Golden Gate bridge had any real continuity and flow...and just as I am beginning to enjoy the game, it ends. WTF? So I have helped to secure a bridge, while the rest of the nation is being massacred and I should feel some sense of completion? It's like they had a whole lot more planned but ran out of time/money and decided to end it there.

On the plus side - the graphics were good. The suburbs were well done, the interiors too.
  41. May 20, 2011
    Homefront is better than Black Ops and Bad Company. It brings a whole new meaning to war games. The most important thing is that it's not kill over 100 people and escape, no, it's more like living with the things you've done.The storyline is short but the experience of both singleplayer and multiplayer is very good. The storyline I give an 8 but the experience all together deserves anHomefront is better than Black Ops and Bad Company. It brings a whole new meaning to war games. The most important thing is that it's not kill over 100 people and escape, no, it's more like living with the things you've done.The storyline is short but the experience of both singleplayer and multiplayer is very good. The storyline I give an 8 but the experience all together deserves an awesome 10! In all, I'd give Homefront an awesome and solid 9! Expand
  42. Jul 17, 2011
    Given this Game a 10 because of all the Children who rated it 0, but its def worth a straight 8.5.
    This game runs fine on both my AMD athlon II quad core with 8800gtx and my sons AMD dual core with just a 9600 gt .. i built both rigs and they both have 4 gig of ram apiece, i think a lot of idiots think they can buy a cheep Dell and expect to run games like this straight out the box ...lol.
    The single player is fun and very atmosperic the multiplayer is awsome and up there with the best ..as someone else has said this is prob the best use yet of the unreal 3 engine and i agree.. this is to unreal 3 what tac ops was to unreal tournament back in the days ..
    I and my son will be playing it some time to come .. thanks for listening :).
  43. Jul 20, 2011
    wow this game sounds bad I bought somany junk games lately Iam not risking it thanks for the warning
    I allmost bought it . Ive got to watch my impulse shopping. The duke game was a ripoff Brinks kind of **** Why dont they look at Call of Duty and make them like that. I love Free for all is it in Homefront ?. But iam not risking it The games are to expensive to waste on a game that feels like a demo.Thanks once again for the heads up on Homefront.If it had a demo and I liked it I might of bought it . I still might when its 10 bucks.
  44. May 2, 2012
    I was excited about this game when I saw the advertisements. So after an abysmal 4 hour campaign and a bug ridden and hacker invaded multiplayer experience it was clear to see the best part of Homefront was the advertisements. It is a shame, the game had a lot of potential. If not for the unchecked hacking it would have at least been a decent shooter to play.
  45. Mar 17, 2011
    Awesome game, I like it alot, its fresh and new. Single player is a bit short and could have been longer, however the multiplayer makes up for it. If you are not a multiplayer user then you might be a bit disappointed in the length of singleplayer so a 50$ price tag isn't a good deal by any means. Wait for the games price to drop then pick it up. But if you will use both game modes thenAwesome game, I like it alot, its fresh and new. Single player is a bit short and could have been longer, however the multiplayer makes up for it. If you are not a multiplayer user then you might be a bit disappointed in the length of singleplayer so a 50$ price tag isn't a good deal by any means. Wait for the games price to drop then pick it up. But if you will use both game modes then the asking price is reasonable. Expand
  46. Mar 17, 2011
    I feel bad for those of you who were horn-swaggled with this game. If you happen to like it, great. I purchased this game, paid 50 bucks, and before I cracked open the seal, I used what was left of my brain cells and started reading the user reviews, from this site and others.

Thank God and Greyhound, I took this stinker back to the store and got my hard earned money back. What a dissapointment! I was so looking forward to a long, interesting, challenging story from this game, only to hear of a 3-5 hour demo. What a bunch of crap.

NO THQ.....you WILL NOT get my $50.00 this time.
  47. Mar 15, 2011
    It's a typical first-person shooter with outdated graphics especially since that Unreal Engine 3 is showing it's age. The game play is pretty standard...won't complain about how accurate the guns feel. I just think that they could have done better on using better character models and weapon textures. I feel like I'm playing a game in 2004, yet we have arrived at a quantum leap forIt's a typical first-person shooter with outdated graphics especially since that Unreal Engine 3 is showing it's age. The game play is pretty standard...won't complain about how accurate the guns feel. I just think that they could have done better on using better character models and weapon textures. I feel like I'm playing a game in 2004, yet we have arrived at a quantum leap for graphics. Save your money for next week when Crysis 2 comes out. I knew I have should have done the same. Expand
  48. Mar 15, 2011
    I'm not sure what a lot of these people are complaining about. Not going to do a huge review, but this game is great. I feel like the reason this game has gotten pushed aside by reviewers is because the FPS genre is now just dominated by Call of Duty. Everything gets compared to it as a standard, nothing can be it's own separate entity nowadays.

HOMEFRONT is a great MP game. I have yet to

HOMEFRONT is a great MP game. I have yet to try the SP, but if you're looking for a good MP, this is a good place to look.
  49. Mar 17, 2011
    Bought off steam. Good game but the campaign was over in 4 hours, and since for a shooter that is competing in the same narrative as CoD and MoH, even if they don't want that comparison, it's painfully short.

I note that I'm not normally a FPS player, but overall the story was great, very crisp, but again, too short. Hopefully the campaign will be extended via cheap DLC since right now it seems that we're missing half a game. Haven't tried multiplayer yet, but I will later.

Pros: Great story, if you pre-ordered on Steam you get another game to play when you're done with this one.
    Cons: Too short, price is high for a 4 hour game.
  50. Mar 26, 2011
    This might not be the best game ever or surpass any expectations, but surely, it is not that bad, it got average score of 68 (as current), it totally deserves more, comparing to 2010's Medal of Honor which got 75, This game is a whole lot better. The story present cruelty of war, many aspects that have not been depicted in many, or even most of the game in this field, also with backstoriesThis might not be the best game ever or surpass any expectations, but surely, it is not that bad, it got average score of 68 (as current), it totally deserves more, comparing to 2010's Medal of Honor which got 75, This game is a whole lot better. The story present cruelty of war, many aspects that have not been depicted in many, or even most of the game in this field, also with backstories establishing pretty secure universe of the game. While some are unmoved by it, I am carried away, I shocked at the one of the scene suddenly feel and said exactly the same thing as my fellow AI did, This is unprecedented to me while playing game or even while watching movies, I am impressed., for MP it is like some sort of experimental , just like a mod we see everyday, but unlike mod, it is finished and polished as it is actually funded, though after sometime I felt like it is just one of the kind of variation of gameplay, I'm going back to BF's classical anyway. This is good game though not good enough for 60USD, better wait for price drop. Expand
  51. Mar 19, 2011
    The singleplayer is short but has memorable moments, I think it was great. By the end it got a little uninteresting, but enough to keep me finishing it. Then I went on to the multiplayer, which I had heard was better; I wasn't pleased for awhile, it was fun but not what I was expecting. I tweaked around with my settings a bit, and got 30+fps boost from turning off Ambient Occlusion! ThisThe singleplayer is short but has memorable moments, I think it was great. By the end it got a little uninteresting, but enough to keep me finishing it. Then I went on to the multiplayer, which I had heard was better; I wasn't pleased for awhile, it was fun but not what I was expecting. I tweaked around with my settings a bit, and got 30+fps boost from turning off Ambient Occlusion! This game is truly awesome when its running well, I hope people who aren't running it good aren't giving it a bad review because of just that. Expand
  52. Mar 15, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Honestly, I wanted to like Homefront, I truly did. When I saw that this was a game about what would happen to America, if we were occupied, it caught my imagination immediately. Unfortunately, the game itself failed to live up to its expected expectation. First, the character dialogue is pretty crappy, and the characters themselves are not really believable. You have Rianna, who for some reason is caring a gun and is in the resistance in a major war, but yet complains every other minute about what were "doing." (Killing Americans, fighting soldiers, etc) Well, then there is Connor, the complete opposite of Rihanna. He's the type of guy who is all about the bloodshed of the enemy, he's a true patriot in the sense that he's a complete psycho and truly unbelievable. His viewpoint is that no matter the cost or sacrifice, the end justifies the means. Next, we have the tech. guy, who is unmemorable, as he barely talks the entire game and Connor treats him like his personal punching bag. All three characters are way too polar-opposite in their own personalities, that makes the Spartans in Halo: Fall of Reach, seem more "realistic."

Next, I absolutely hated the fact that the U.S. army was maimed, killed, and for all intents and purpose, raped by the N.K. army. U.S. helicopters blown out of the sky, soldiers blown to hell, and the sense that the U.S. army was ran by some inexperienced general made for a lower opinion of this game. To me, it seemed like the only way the the U.S. army won back San Fransico was by Jacob's hand alone. Jacob, a helicopter pilot by nature, somehow manages to always be put on the spot to act like James Bond. Taking on many soldiers by himself, destroying key targets, and being that silent figure of "mystery." I truly wanted to like this game, and I bought it way in advance because the game was so hyped, and the story just seemed so intriguing. I beat the game in four and a half hours flat, and I truly feel like it was not worth the money nor time. I didn't learn anything new about America's struggle against the N.K. empire. Before you cry "what??," it was simply do to the fact that I already knew America was fighting N.K., I knew that Americans were divided, and I knew that the N.K. army was brutal to the civilian population. What I wanted to learn more about was what the world was thinking, what else was happening outside of just the four man mismatched squad of saviors. In the end, when Homefront 2 comes out, I will wait until after its release for the reviews on it before making a call as to rather or not to buy it. I don't think this game was half-***ed, but I do think that the creators totally f*cked it up.
  53. Mar 18, 2011
    Single player is okay just to kill time. I like single player games and this didn't do it for me. Way to linear and way to scripted. If you don't follow the scripted path they AI will not open doors etc. for you. They friendly AI and enemy AI can be right next to each other and they don't fire at each other in other words all AI focus on you. Also "enemies" appear out of thin air. I'mSingle player is okay just to kill time. I like single player games and this didn't do it for me. Way to linear and way to scripted. If you don't follow the scripted path they AI will not open doors etc. for you. They friendly AI and enemy AI can be right next to each other and they don't fire at each other in other words all AI focus on you. Also "enemies" appear out of thin air. I'm giving single player a 5 out of 10.

Multiplayer - At first I wasn't happy with it. I kept on playing , learning the maps, and game itself, not comparing it to COD or BF games. The game is actually a good multiplayer game. I find myself playing it more than COD:BLOPS / MOH / BFBC2. The few issue that I find that rub me the wrong way is some of the game physics. For example a sniper has a "rock" in his way, they can see over the rock but are able to snipe you through the rock. Since it uses a modified UT3 you can tweak it so you don't have all the brush and it gives an unfair advantage for those who don't remove the brush. You could be hiding in a cluster of brushes and still get picked off from across the map. AA3 has the same issue. Overall MP is a good game.
  54. Apr 2, 2011
    I came to this game expecting another Call of Duty clone. It looked interesting but nothing that I haven't seen before. Then when I actually get the game the atmosphere blows me away. It shows a life outside of the norm, how people need to rely on each other to survive or die. It fully depicts the horror of the Korean occupation, something that almost brought a tear to my eye. I haveI came to this game expecting another Call of Duty clone. It looked interesting but nothing that I haven't seen before. Then when I actually get the game the atmosphere blows me away. It shows a life outside of the norm, how people need to rely on each other to survive or die. It fully depicts the horror of the Korean occupation, something that almost brought a tear to my eye. I have played Metro 2033 and other atmospheric games and this definitely fits in with them. Unfortunately, the game play is mediocre. It has a CoD feel to it but it just brings up a feeling that there is something missing. It is obviously a console game, with the only difference being promised but not kept dedicated servers, the fact that when you start running it takes you 3/4 of a second to properly gain speed, all of those little things. The multiplayer is good but but not great. I love the little BP (Battle Ponts) killstreak things but the weapons are very limited. There are a total of 11 weapons and this made me feel a little cheated. Other that that a good game with flaws but if you own an Xbox or PS3 get it on that. Expand
  55. Mar 31, 2011
    The story and plot is brilliant and very realistic, graphics good but nothing exceptional! The thing that destroyed the game was the short single player campaign! How can all the great companies pack in a great single campaign and a very long one!was so hyped for this game but was let down!
  56. Apr 17, 2011
    Let me start by saying that this game is not as terrible as some reviews are making it out to be, it has a lot wrong with it but it is definitely worth the 4 to 5 hours of SP game time alone. IMO it is a better SP game than Black OPS was by a margin.
    Sadly it is let down by some stupid mistakes, the main one being invisible walls - I mean if you do not want me to walk there at least add a fence or something, a small tin can is not going to justify me not being able to cross it. It is riddled with this. There was one or two places where I witnessed some dodgy AI but this is thankfully kept to a minimum and at times the voice acting is very forced where the story makers want to know that person is this type of person in as quick a space as possible. The story is told well, not by the game play itself but cleverly depicted through the scenery and newspaper articles you collect throughout the campaign. There are some seriously disturbing moments and scenes which really give the player a real sense of oppression and sadness (well at least I felt it) - sadly there is very little humor added in except for a certain section where some uncomfortable comments are made to me about a pet of sorts....but that was really the only moment throughout - perhaps due to the context of the story it is not required though. All be told at the end I felt a real sense of satisfaction and I will be giving it one more play through on the hardest setting to try and collect all of the newspaper clips.

Onto the multiplayer - the game play is brilliantly smooth and satisfying, the streaks are interesting and not overpowered IMO although I typically only use the personal UAV and Flack Jacket. Note that you need to purchase these by using battle points which you earn by kills, headshots = more points - you effectively choose you loadout which includes the perks. The maps are massive and well designed providing a nice balance for all classes, the downside is it does promote a lot of camping - attempt to run and gun ala COD and you will die a quick death, it is less tactical than a battlefield game however I suspect that this is due to the very limited game types - effectively Team Death Match and Ground Control (which is like Domination (COD)/ Sector Control (MOH) / Conquest (BFBC2)), and that is it - nothing more. I am very disappointed that they did not copy and improve game modes from other titles namely the ever favorite RUSH from BFBC2 and the simply awesome Combat Mission from MOH - this would really have rounded this game off and added to the re-playability. Sadly after a couple of hours of playing it gets boring pretty quickly (at least for me).

All in all - get it for the SP, it is worth it and try out the MP but I suspect (and based on the number of active players) that it wil merely be a distraction from other online titles.
  57. Mar 17, 2011
    Dislike: Squads are largely pointless as it randomizes each time and often puts you on the opposite team as your friends. Furthermore you can't spawn on your squadmates. I also dislike that in the server browser the friend list doesn't work. If you're a lonewolf person and enjoy the fast pace of black-ops it might be for you, but for me it was annoying watching guys jump then prone,Dislike: Squads are largely pointless as it randomizes each time and often puts you on the opposite team as your friends. Furthermore you can't spawn on your squadmates. I also dislike that in the server browser the friend list doesn't work. If you're a lonewolf person and enjoy the fast pace of black-ops it might be for you, but for me it was annoying watching guys jump then prone, jump then prone - all the while killing me. I don't suck at FPS but damn, just annoying.

Severe imbalances with helicopters but what else is new.
    Like: Campaign, although short was really good.
  58. Mar 19, 2011
    A lot of criticism on this game that I hear is that it plays too much like other shooters and really didn't do anything special graphically.
    Honestly, this is pretty much the truth. Story wise, however, it starts out really good and I thought they did a really good job setting up the plot of the game well. It didn't seem too far fetched and used realistic footage with some context changes to make it seem like it was really happening in the opening video. The problem with the story, however, is it feels like they advertised a game in a way that made it seem like you'd be playing as some sort of everyday man fighting with normal people.
    Unfortunately, you're playing as ex-military pilot (I assume so it makes sense when you use military weapondry/vehicles and know what you're doing) and you're fighting along resistance members who can take out several soldiers on their own.
    Seriously, I know I'm not alone when I say its too unbelievable that the Koreans would have gotten that far in the occupation if we had the super soldiers just waiting to create some sort of resistance. Its really distracting to the entire game.

In the end, its not a bad game. It really doesn't look bad, in fact they did a great job integrating brand names and small details to make the world believable. The problem is, the game plays like it was made in 2005. I don't really know why it required PHYSX installed when the only thing I saw using physics where cars and bodies. I think thats why the game seems so dated. In most games today, shooting an enemy who is behind a thin piece of wood will damage them, however not here. Bumping into empty barrels usually tips them over, but not here.
    Its sadly a disappointment when the effects look so great. There are parts where they do things so well you forget about all the other problems but in the end they just resurface. The animations were actually believable and I can't understand why I'm reading reviews that say they were terrible, considering some games don't bother much with detailed facial expressions or even making sure the characters have any emotion.

Play it, its not a bad game, but you'll have to enjoy the story to enjoy playing it.
  59. Apr 12, 2011
    Really DICE made a better online modern combat game a year ago with Bad Company 2 which you can pick up for $30 cheaper than Homefront. On the singleplayer side the campaign is skippable (very short, played through it in about 3-4 hours one afternoon). It's not bad but nothing in Homefront stood out. After playing it with a group of friends we decided the game only made us want to play BadReally DICE made a better online modern combat game a year ago with Bad Company 2 which you can pick up for $30 cheaper than Homefront. On the singleplayer side the campaign is skippable (very short, played through it in about 3-4 hours one afternoon). It's not bad but nothing in Homefront stood out. After playing it with a group of friends we decided the game only made us want to play Bad Company 2 again (and that's exactly what we did, leaving behind Homefront). If it's in a Steam sale for $10-$20 I'd recommend picking it up if only to waste some time, but it's certainly not worth $50. Expand
  60. Mar 20, 2011
    A classic FPS game with multiplayer elements ripped from other games like COD MW and FOW. Singleplayer is nice enough though short. I really miss a cover system or lean.
    This game is all about multiplayer which i find quite good and fun. Big maps with lot's of action that includes drones, choppers and vehicles. All in all a good game from Kaos studios. Well done chaps!
  61. Mar 20, 2011
    This Game was fun (awsome graphics, lots of action...), but WAY too short. It took me only ONE (!) sunday afternoon to get through the SP mode, which was very disappoiting. (I buy those games mainly for the SP.) Even the 2010 Medal of Honor had a longer play time.
  62. Mar 22, 2011
    I gave it a 5 because this game honestly had potential. The only cool parts were the very beginning and the last level where you assist the US Military! The multiplayer is horrible, its like a rougher version of COD with vehicles... and we all know you dont give COD fan boys vehicles, they have no idea what to do with them! The area where this game gets the most credit and apparently theI gave it a 5 because this game honestly had potential. The only cool parts were the very beginning and the last level where you assist the US Military! The multiplayer is horrible, its like a rougher version of COD with vehicles... and we all know you dont give COD fan boys vehicles, they have no idea what to do with them! The area where this game gets the most credit and apparently the majority of the funding, is the back story... aided by the writer(s) of Red Dawn and several military analysts the story seems somewhat believable assuming certain key events happen over the next 15 years in accordance with the game.... not likely though! Overall the game falls short on delivering what could have been a fresh start for the THQ and Kaos teams... instead we see a somewhat-polished version of fuel of war with a better story, and much better voice acting. Pick it up if you have to, otherwise watch your friend play and follow along... it'll be just as satisfying and it'll save you $50 bucks! Expand
  63. Mar 29, 2011
    Not only was the single player short (took me 3-4 hours), it's buggy, the AI are annoying, always run in front of you and knock you out of the way so they can climb ladders first etc. And the multiplayer barely works. 1 in 50 games actually connect properly, others lag out and have players continuously running forwards. Overall it's not the game it should have been. Very disappointed.
  64. Mar 23, 2011
    Singleplayer campaign is weak. Both friendly and enemy AI is far from intelligent. The game progression is very awkward and triggering transitions to the next stage is often frustrating because you're waiting on your friendly NPC's to catch up. Multiplayer is fun and feels like a mix of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Call of Duty (Modern Warfare/BlackOps), and in that same sense, itSingleplayer campaign is weak. Both friendly and enemy AI is far from intelligent. The game progression is very awkward and triggering transitions to the next stage is often frustrating because you're waiting on your friendly NPC's to catch up. Multiplayer is fun and feels like a mix of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Call of Duty (Modern Warfare/BlackOps), and in that same sense, it doesn't bring anything new to the table. Vehicles are limited and not as exhilarating to use as Battlefield ones, however, the heli's aren't bad. I guess its worth a try considering its only 50 bucks, but I kinda feel jipped considering the singleplayer was so darn short and freakin repetitive Expand
  65. Apr 2, 2011
    Pros: Some great set pieces and scripted parts, engaging story, intense action.
    Cons: Frustrating 'invisible' walls, clumsy AI, far too much clipping on objects.

In summary, too many bugs for me to recommend, but a reasonable blast for a few hours, just don't expect too much.
  66. Apr 4, 2011
    Homefront is an enjoyable objective led shooter but it's difficult to justify giving the game a higher rating than a 6.

The story itself is fairly intense but you can't help but feeling like a very small cog in a very small machine. The objectives often seem trivial and often rely on very simple and repetetive tasks but what marks Homefront up is the realism and perhaps shock value of something which, one day, could be a very real prospect. Sadly, the campaign is only three hours long and it's very difficult to justify paying such a high outlay if you don't intend to play the Multiplayer which is iffy at best.

The mechanics are very last generation. The maps are far too linear and there is only one way to go about any objective which further reinforces the shallow nature of the campaign. There is no bullet penetration of any sort and you'll regularly find yourself frustrated whilst enemies hide behind cardboard boxes and thin wooden fences. There is no destructible environments and even exploding barrels will do nothing to the surrounding features.

What frustrated me most was the fact that I was made to follow everyone everywhere and you'll find yourself waiting, and being pushed out of the way, frequently whilst your team climb ladders, move through doorways, drop into tunnels etc.

There are the usual typical nods to things you'd expect from an FPS these days. You'll find yourself calling in airstrikes from time to time and there is a stealth mission which is too easy. The gem of these perks is a mission flying a helicopter but the choppers on board weapons are too powerful to provide much of a challenge.

Really, if they ironed out some of the more finicky bits, made the game harder and more importantly, made it three times longer. It would be worth buying. As it stands this is rental at best.
  67. Apr 7, 2011
    The single player campaign's first and last levels are exciting, everything in between is a generic shooter with expendable characters and a shaky plot. For all the hype and advertising gimmicks that surrounded the release, it's also criminally short.

The multiplayer fares better, upgrade system is intuitive and spending battle points makes the shooter more exciting. As absurd as this sounds, there's no bullet drop, travel delay, limiting range, or much drift on any of the weapons. The maps seem like they're designed around snipers considering how many long firing lanes are built into them. On top of all that, there are even perks to reduce ADS drift. Moral of the story: play sniper or get out.
  68. Jun 14, 2011
    This game brought flashes of Red Dawn to my mind; the game even starts in Colorado (where I happen to live)!! But, then you get into it, and... Ok, I understand FPS games are on rails, there is no deviating from the script, just shoot what the game code throws at ya, I'm fine with that and understand it. This game had potential for an epic story though, and that's what upsets me theThis game brought flashes of Red Dawn to my mind; the game even starts in Colorado (where I happen to live)!! But, then you get into it, and... Ok, I understand FPS games are on rails, there is no deviating from the script, just shoot what the game code throws at ya, I'm fine with that and understand it. This game had potential for an epic story though, and that's what upsets me the most. Instead of writing something great, they went for shock value. Instead of writing a great game, they went for a short story and threw their resources at PVP. The ending was a total let down. I don't play FPS games for cliffhangers, and if they expect to release more as a DLC to carry the story forward, I won't be buying it. That's about as damning as I can be towards the developers: I won't purchase what should have been part of the game in the first place. The game has amazing graphics, cool locations, semi-smart AI, and a cool feel, but, the NPC's are stupid, just downright stupid, reactionary.... it's like the story and personalities were written by a 13 year old boy that watched too many action movies. Cliche after cliche, and done poorly. The multiplayer is fun, using locations from the game... in fact, it seems the PVP maps were put together and a story was kind of put together to put the player in those locations for the stand alone FPS story mode. It's just another FPS with a solid weapon selection, and nothing really to make it stand out from any other FPS game out there. Stick with what you already own and save yourself the cash, other games do it better. Given the choice, I'd be in BF2 playing PVP over Homefront any day of the week. It's not 'terribad', mind you, it's just not that great. They thought PVP first, copied all the other popular games, then loosely strung a story together using a very cool premise, but failed to deliver on the story package. Again, the ending is a total letdown and very anticlimactic. My friends and I all couldn't believe that was the ending. Expand
  69. Apr 17, 2011
    this had no beta test or demo i brought it the story is so bad i think mass effect 1 had a better story multiplayer seems rushed i now people will likes this i did a little bit there a better shooters out there
  70. Apr 19, 2011
    I wouldn't go over a 6 for this game as it is irrefutably one of the best storylines that the gaming universe has seen, muddled up in too many cliche scenes and very Call-of-Duty Style Gameplay. I find it as one of those games you can only barely play. Only Just captured my intelligence through many previews and lead-ups to the game. Multiplayer on the other hand does deserve a little ,ifI wouldn't go over a 6 for this game as it is irrefutably one of the best storylines that the gaming universe has seen, muddled up in too many cliche scenes and very Call-of-Duty Style Gameplay. I find it as one of those games you can only barely play. Only Just captured my intelligence through many previews and lead-ups to the game. Multiplayer on the other hand does deserve a little ,if any, praise for its constructive potential and the use of in-game credits to buy power-ups, vehicles, ammo, etc.

It is a fun game for the first few hours, then becomes boring quickly, Hardly worth anything over $30.

PaidGamers
  71. Apr 29, 2011
    This is what is wrong with many games these days, they're all the same follow-the-bouncing-ball rubbish that makes those of us who have played games for decades roll our eyes and think of Kings Quest and its ilk. What happened to respecting player intelligence, to the wonders of sandbox games, of relying on player ingenuity? Nup. None of that. You WILL move through the suburb in preciselyThis is what is wrong with many games these days, they're all the same follow-the-bouncing-ball rubbish that makes those of us who have played games for decades roll our eyes and think of Kings Quest and its ilk. What happened to respecting player intelligence, to the wonders of sandbox games, of relying on player ingenuity? Nup. None of that. You WILL move through the suburb in precisely this order and you will shoot that guy at... now, and then... etc. And don't get me started on how quick the storyline is over.

Fortunately, in my humble opinion, what redeems this thus-far stinking pile is two-fold: an excellent (if entirely implausible) story that has been very well thought through (helps to have an actual author on tap), and the multi-player. I'm not saying the MP is good, but I am saying its the first time I've ever bothered with it since I wasted my money on a game that took me 9 hours.
  72. Dec 4, 2011
    In the start I would like to say, that this is a really average FPS, but it's not bad. The campaign is short but good, but the multiplayer is the most fun, especially when you have friends. The graphics are average too, but passable, not worth the full price, but I recommend you to buy it for a cheap price. I have heard about the Online Pass, which is on consoles, I played the game onIn the start I would like to say, that this is a really average FPS, but it's not bad. The campaign is short but good, but the multiplayer is the most fun, especially when you have friends. The graphics are average too, but passable, not worth the full price, but I recommend you to buy it for a cheap price. I have heard about the Online Pass, which is on consoles, I played the game on OnLive and there isn't an Online Pass, buy it there. Expand
  73. May 24, 2011
    I thought the single player campaign of the game was good. The storyline was 'Red Dawn' with North Koreans instead of Russians/Cubans. The background story explaining what happened was actually interesting and made sense. The graphics were fine, nothing fancy, and I didn't have the technical problems some people on here were talking about. I was upset with how the single player campaignI thought the single player campaign of the game was good. The storyline was 'Red Dawn' with North Koreans instead of Russians/Cubans. The background story explaining what happened was actually interesting and made sense. The graphics were fine, nothing fancy, and I didn't have the technical problems some people on here were talking about. I was upset with how the single player campaign suddenly ended, very short game, and left me with that sneaking suspicion that because it ended so suddenly with so much left that there will be DLC we will have to buy to continue the storyline to its conclusion. The Multiplayer was OK. The Battlepoints aren't anything new and it didn't have the teamwork feel like Battlefield:BC2 and just didn't seem as much fun either. I would recomend waiting until the game goes on sale as it is worth the playthrough. Expand
  74. May 28, 2011
    The first time I played through this game, I enjoyed it. However, the second time I found myself getting somewhat bored. This is a game that seems like a connected series of awesome moments, so when I am not in the awesome moments I feel bored. It is an interesting premise for a story, and a lot of the gameplay mechanics are truly entertaining, but I feel like I'm going to forget aboutThe first time I played through this game, I enjoyed it. However, the second time I found myself getting somewhat bored. This is a game that seems like a connected series of awesome moments, so when I am not in the awesome moments I feel bored. It is an interesting premise for a story, and a lot of the gameplay mechanics are truly entertaining, but I feel like I'm going to forget about it pretty soon. Graphically, this game gave my computer a slight amount of trouble at times with lag. My video card has held up well over the years (8800 GTX) and I was able to play this game on the highest settings with little problem. I will play a sequel if it is made! Expand
  75. May 31, 2011
    Interesting game this, although flawed from a single player perspective due to the short campaign (7 levels) which took around 4 hours to complete at a push. The game is interesting because it does have a very healthy selection of weapons and ALL of them feel dangerous. Even playing this on normal is kind of like playing call of duty on hardcore, which I found quite refreshing. MultiplayerInteresting game this, although flawed from a single player perspective due to the short campaign (7 levels) which took around 4 hours to complete at a push. The game is interesting because it does have a very healthy selection of weapons and ALL of them feel dangerous. Even playing this on normal is kind of like playing call of duty on hardcore, which I found quite refreshing. Multiplayer is fast and varied and overall enjoyable, although the playerbase has much to be desired sadly. Overall if you find this CHEAP, get it if your a fan of FPS. Feels like a weird mix of COD and terminator salvation (due to building textures, city layouts etc) Expand
  76. Jun 10, 2011
    Although the story behind the game has a lot of potential, the creators of this game did not work it out properly. I won't go in to any spoilers, but I do have to say the game ends rather abruptly and leaves you feeling like there could have been more. I wouldn't have been surprised if out of pressure this game was released before it actually was completed. The singleplayer will keep youAlthough the story behind the game has a lot of potential, the creators of this game did not work it out properly. I won't go in to any spoilers, but I do have to say the game ends rather abruptly and leaves you feeling like there could have been more. I wouldn't have been surprised if out of pressure this game was released before it actually was completed. The singleplayer will keep you occupied for a minimum of 4-6 hours depending on your skill and the difficulty you play it on. (I did it on normal and got stuck a few times due to bad AI and still finished in 5,5 hours)

The only hope that was left for me was a good multiplayer, but here the game also fails. It is a mediocre mix between CoD and Battlefield, and either of these games would outdo homefront's multiplayer 10 times over.

Conclusion: Do not buy this game if you value your money and want to play them over a long period of time. Not only does several bugs destroy the overall gameplay (invisible walls, bad AI etc) it's also over way to quickly. Now this wouldn't have been much of a problem if the multiplayer would have been good but that's also not the case.

All in all I do give it a 5 out of 10, as the singleplayer was enjoyable even though it was very short, if the multiplayer would have been even slightly better it might have gotten a 7. My advice only buy this game if its on offer for less than 10 euros otherwise it's just not worth your money. If you do want to experience the singleplayer see if you can borrow it from someone who has been so unfortunate to buy the game.
  77. Nov 25, 2011
    Its a good game i found it nice, the missions are good. Graphics looks a bit weird but okey, and the Maps are well designed. Well homefront feels a bit solid and a bit short but mixing, 2029 and Call of duty and Halo together, was a good example. The multiplayer is good because it got Vehicles, It got a nice spawn view. The game doesn't haves many bugs and on my computer it does not lagg,Its a good game i found it nice, the missions are good. Graphics looks a bit weird but okey, and the Maps are well designed. Well homefront feels a bit solid and a bit short but mixing, 2029 and Call of duty and Halo together, was a good example. The multiplayer is good because it got Vehicles, It got a nice spawn view. The game doesn't haves many bugs and on my computer it does not lagg, you just need a strong computer in order to run the game. I will move back to Multiplayer that is what makes this game a Top. The Unlocks,The Spawns,The Vehicles,The Game style,Spawn View, The Game modes are just great, i would recommend the game,
    Especially for Multiplayer gamers!
    8.5!
  78. Oct 20, 2011
    I agree to some extent with the negative reviews; e.g., game too short, linear plot, etc. However, there seemed to be a lot of action (also alot of cut scenes). I found that the weapons and AI were much better than Bad Company 2, and the battles were entertaining. If you can get this game on sale, I would recommend it highly.
  79. Jul 26, 2011
    Great game with a great story line. The characters and story were very in-depth and I could also see this being a film. It gets the player very involved with the war and what is happening down to a personal level. Even though this is a console game it is ported very well onto the PC and its graphics are very appealing even when ran in a lower spec. Multiplayer isnt great but its playableGreat game with a great story line. The characters and story were very in-depth and I could also see this being a film. It gets the player very involved with the war and what is happening down to a personal level. Even though this is a console game it is ported very well onto the PC and its graphics are very appealing even when ran in a lower spec. Multiplayer isnt great but its playable if youre bored or want a laugh with some friends. A good buy but probably not worth £20 at the moment. If youre looking for an in depth story and great SP and its about £15? you cant go wrong Expand
  80. Aug 31, 2012
    Enjoyable and atmospheric; felt like slipping on a comfortable pair of slippers. Story is entertaining and has excellent set-pieces, very memorable and engaging throughout, reminds of both Crysis 2 and Half Life 2, campaign is ridiculously short though, I finished in 3 hours - I've played longer DLC than this. Not a bad buy if you can find it cheap.
  81. Dec 10, 2012
    This game is playable, and in a vacuum would be fine, its is really just another modern shooter that tries to set itself apart with shock value. If you have played all of the other shooters and still want more it is fine and would still be enjoyable, but any medal of honor, battlefield or Call of duty would be better.
  82. Oct 25, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Singelplayer: The back story for this game was nothing less than fantastic, but the end result was quit bad. The by far worst misson is when you are sneaking around on the farm where the american resistans is holding fort. Four people sneaking around only meters behind the enemies while talking just gets lame. So clearly the single player was not where Kaos had their focus.

Multiplayer: The multiplayer for Homefront is quite good and it got a lot off potencial. Battlepoints is a great idea and give less experienced players a chance off getting the "heavy stuff". There is a few technical issus in the game, like the hit detection not always working. it might also be a little bit to easy to experienced FPS players. So all in all, a game with a lot off potencial that is worth checking out if you are tiered off Call of Duty.
  83. Dec 5, 2011
    This game did not merit to receive such a low grade of 70. It's a fun game, and the graphics are oh so pretty if you have the rig to max out settings. This game has an interesting story, with a very disturbing "what if?" scenario. Its not a perfect game, but its not a waste of money. However, i'm also under the belief that no shooter is worth 60 dollars, even "mainstream" games suchThis game did not merit to receive such a low grade of 70. It's a fun game, and the graphics are oh so pretty if you have the rig to max out settings. This game has an interesting story, with a very disturbing "what if?" scenario. Its not a perfect game, but its not a waste of money. However, i'm also under the belief that no shooter is worth 60 dollars, even "mainstream" games such as Battlefield or Modern Warfare. But if you can get at this game at a good price, you will have as much with this game as any other shooter. Except it might be better as it deviates from the standard shooter game formula. Expand
  84. Jan 26, 2012
    I had too high expectations when starting this game. I see no reason to ever buy this game, unless you are a bit short on money and in desperate need of a new shooter. But even then, you're better of buying an older game that is on discount. It will probably have better graphics, level design and overall gameplay. I also didn't like the story. They went for showing the harsh reality ofI had too high expectations when starting this game. I see no reason to ever buy this game, unless you are a bit short on money and in desperate need of a new shooter. But even then, you're better of buying an older game that is on discount. It will probably have better graphics, level design and overall gameplay. I also didn't like the story. They went for showing the harsh reality of war, but didn't pull it off. They put the bar too high for themselves, the result is not satisfying to play.

The only reason why I didn't rate even lower is COD:MW3, nuff said...
  85. Feb 17, 2012
    The first half of the game will surely disappoint you with boring and simple missions, you will merely shoot few enemies and move forward. It is that bad, because shooting is worst part of this game, you move your rifle as slow as turret, even making a sensitivity higher won't help out. Apart of that drawback a game has it's rebellion atmosphere, you will actually feel as rebellion whoThe first half of the game will surely disappoint you with boring and simple missions, you will merely shoot few enemies and move forward. It is that bad, because shooting is worst part of this game, you move your rifle as slow as turret, even making a sensitivity higher won't help out. Apart of that drawback a game has it's rebellion atmosphere, you will actually feel as rebellion who fights enemy army, which occupies your country. So the story is proper, but that is not enough to be a good game, especially a shooter with bad shooting gameplay. Though there is a good variety of weapons, no knife, but rpg and sniper rifle, which you will use depending on mission's objective. Also the heavy fire will do your rebelion mate's constructed light tank Goliath and you will have a remote control to target enemy to eliminate them. It could be more fun, if you would get a full driving control of it, but anyway it's ok. Later on you will even fly a helicopter, easy to control it and of course fun to destroy enemy humvees and tanks. That's all presents only in a few last chapters, where you will get a plenty of fights, otherwise it would be a plain game. Graphics and sounds are the pros of this game, which highs up a rating of it a bit. I hope developers of Homefront will learn from they mistakes and bring a better game next time. I'll give it 6 of 10 only because of the last chapters. Expand
  86. Dec 2, 2012
    This game is really addictive and challenges. But it's surprisingly short game and leave me in cliffhanger at the end. Nothing else to say more about this game. Addictive game is good enough for me.
  87. Mar 9, 2012
    Although it is COD Like game, And the story is shorter, Other part of the still unsatisfactory, For example, scene effects is commendable, But the multiplayer mode is really like a COD of mixed BF
  88. Mar 15, 2012
    This game is hard one to judge. The was nothing wrong with gameplay and even the graphics were ok, but single player was awfully short! The premise was interesting but the game didn't quite make it, actually not even near.
  89. Aug 8, 2012
    Homefront tries to set it self apart from the other military shooters by its setting and darker tone. And despite its sometimes over nationalistic-moments is works quite alright. It does not work well enough however to truly set it apart from all the other military shooters and what you get is a pretty standard military shooter with a not particularly long campaign. The combat is decentHomefront tries to set it self apart from the other military shooters by its setting and darker tone. And despite its sometimes over nationalistic-moments is works quite alright. It does not work well enough however to truly set it apart from all the other military shooters and what you get is a pretty standard military shooter with a not particularly long campaign. The combat is decent and the graphic works well enough and if you are looking for a few our of short mindless shooting for a cheap buck you could do worse. Expand
  90. Nov 22, 2012
    Homefront tries to be, basically a futuristic Call of Duty mixed with Battlefield and does an OK job but not great. The single player is extremely short and on normal difficulty I was able to complete it within 3 hours by just going straight through and ignoring bonuses such as achievements and collecting notes. Whilst the campaign was fun I found it was extremely similar to other modernHomefront tries to be, basically a futuristic Call of Duty mixed with Battlefield and does an OK job but not great. The single player is extremely short and on normal difficulty I was able to complete it within 3 hours by just going straight through and ignoring bonuses such as achievements and collecting notes. Whilst the campaign was fun I found it was extremely similar to other modern military shooters such as a COD, MOH and BF. The campaign is very limited as you must follow one direction with no choices, it is extremely scripted and the invisible walls can be a pain. Multiplayer on the other hand is a complete change from the single player. The multiplayer is very fun and the Battle points system is great as it allows you to focus on helping team mates and completing objectives in order to gain enough points to spend them on your chosen rewards without the need to promote camping unlike killstreaks. Whilst the guns seemed balanced, the vehicles did sometimes get on my nerves. Overall the game is OK and the multiplayer had much potential however the PC version is close to dead with only around 4 full servers at a time. 6/10 Expand
  91. Aug 9, 2014
    A great game, the story isn't that good but the PvP is awsome. It has a completely new reward-system for things like calling in tanks or helicopers. Not like in many other games with kills in a row, you get points for everything you do for the team, such as conquering a point or killing enemies. And also a very good price, but sadly this game is pretty much dead.
  92. Apr 6, 2011
    the multiplayer is about all this title is good for. once you reach the convoy hijack in this game forget it. all enthusiasm goes out the window. the chopper controls are a chore and once you get into position the action to hijack cant be done. dont waist your money.the half a game you get is not worth the price they ask for it. this game left me fealing ripped off and not wanting to buythe multiplayer is about all this title is good for. once you reach the convoy hijack in this game forget it. all enthusiasm goes out the window. the chopper controls are a chore and once you get into position the action to hijack cant be done. dont waist your money.the half a game you get is not worth the price they ask for it. this game left me fealing ripped off and not wanting to buy a thq game ever again. Expand
  93. Mar 5, 2015
    Now I see why people didn't really like Homefront. Don't get me wrong, it's NOT a bad game, but it's a disappointing one, especially when you see how much THQ advertised and promoted this game. So what's brought this game down? The singleplayer. First, it's awefully short; you can beat it in 4 hours. But the story, wow, there's such a cool background and the characters are totallyNow I see why people didn't really like Homefront. Don't get me wrong, it's NOT a bad game, but it's a disappointing one, especially when you see how much THQ advertised and promoted this game. So what's brought this game down? The singleplayer. First, it's awefully short; you can beat it in 4 hours. But the story, wow, there's such a cool background and the characters are totally relatable. And that's what annoyed me the most. It has such a good premise that you wonder why isn't it any longer. And the gameplay. It's like a typical military shooter. The problem is that it holds your hand WAY TOO MUCH. For example, you'll have to take out certain enemies, and there's an icon on it saying "SHOOT". Well, what else would I do? Blow a kiss to it? The problems of the singleplayer outweighed it's benefits.

Multiplayer fares better. The PC servers are still up, and there's at least one full server on afternoons. It's like a combination of Battlefield and COD. You can use points in-game to purchase things like armor and even vehicles. Maps are quite good too. Ground Control, the main mode, has you capturing certain points, like Domination in Battlefield, only that you can move up to a certain area if one team dominates it, like in the Rush mode in Battlefield.

In summary, Homefront is full-priced game with budget-game quality. Buy it on sale.
  94. Jan 1, 2014
    This game suffers from unforgivable sins. Scenes where you are stopped not by a genuine obstacle but because the narrative doesn't want you to walk there yet. As opposed to the call of duty single player campaigns which are filled with characters and spikes in the story this was just grey porridge. Sure, the idea of a Korean invasion of America and a resistance army is a good one. But whenThis game suffers from unforgivable sins. Scenes where you are stopped not by a genuine obstacle but because the narrative doesn't want you to walk there yet. As opposed to the call of duty single player campaigns which are filled with characters and spikes in the story this was just grey porridge. Sure, the idea of a Korean invasion of America and a resistance army is a good one. But when it's implemented like this it doesn't matter how good the idea is. Expand
  95. Mar 2, 2015
    Back when it came out I bought the book, the PS3 and 360 versions. I was a big fan.

The SP is not bad, still now it has a good story with enemies you want to kill - if you are American or an ally. The mechanics though are poor, still now on PC too, just poorly made and there is a great story to read of the history and failure of Homefront. The multiplayer on console was good, it was

The multiplayer on console was good, it was rather balanced, and never seemed unfair, a few years ago... Now on to PC multiplayer as of 2015:

My score 1/10 reflects this most of all because as with any shooter it's the MP that gives a game longevity and weight. Firstly, this game has no more developer nor publisher support - it is done. What you see is what you get. And you get what the fan-run server gives you; though the servers are VERY few with no more that 30-odd players on at peak times in the EU.

A typical game involves spawning, and getting shot. Or, it involves you running forward, and getting shot. You have to realise that elite players have been playing a long time, and they are maxed-out, know the maps very well, and use only the best weapons - yes obviously some are much better than others and remember, no updates nor patches will change anything ever again.

All you are left with is a grind - a grind to get somewhere near the top alongside the other elite players. Be prepared to be slaughtered by certain players who are often on, and be prepared to have to work very hard to take pleasure in this.

In the past, the console versions were great. But this leftover, unmoderated, with no more patches nor balance fixes game, is quite simply rubbish unless you are one of those elite players enjoying farming uneccessary XP from you.
  96. Apr 30, 2013
    I purchased this game at release for £39.99 and completed it within two days. The multiplayer was very unstable at this point so I left it a month or so and went back after they sorted their servers. I have been going back on a constant basis ever since...

I have read the reviews regarding the storyline and I don't see what the problem is? It's interesting and different even if it is over the top. The game tells a convincing story... The struggle of survivors; the pockets of resistance taking one step forward, 2 steps back; the harrowing scenes of murder that take place on streets for all to see! This is a game not scared to show the side of war that's depressing and because of this, you feel like you have to stand up and be counted. The pacing is sometimes an issue but the majority of the story was exceptional and spans over several different locations so the feeling of “being here, done that” never crosses your mind. It constantly moves forward and that was a plus point for me.

Here is a quick summary of the gameplay, weapons and sounds They do their job very well. Gameplay is linear but that's the type of game Kaos has created and the story line that was being told needed constricting gameplay otherwise pacing would have been even more of an issue. Weapons were nice with lots of variety and attachments. The usual suspects are all here pistols, sub machine guns, rifles and snipers etc. Other weaponry at your disposal comes in the form of the Goliath which is a very nice touch and gives the resistance the upper hand in some key scenes. You fully control an attack helicopter through one main chapter which was an excellent diversion and the UAV at the end felt great but was considerably under used. Sound effects were convincing, music was delightful and voice acting was implemented at the right times to add weight and conviction to most scenes.

Multiplayer is the most shocking of the package! IT IS AMAZING! Map wise there is just enough to get by with sections of the map opening up when objectives have been taken or destroyed. The maps are big with no real choke points so spammers can't operate The load outs are also in-depth with 2 special purchase slots available for each load out (UAV, Hell fire missile, flak jacket etc.) which can be purchased with battle points (the in game currency that you earn whilst playing, killing and completing various objectives.). The main thing that sticks out to me is that nothing feels over powered. The guns all have various handling and shooting techniques that have to be learnt in order to get the best out of them. The vehicles aren't easy to use and therefore require ample playtime in order to familiarise yourself with the handling, shooting, counter measures and amour effectiveness. Therefore, this game isn't something you can really just pick up and play. The game requires you to come back for more punishment before you get use to its many features. I am still in the process of learning how to effectively use the attack heli and I have spent a lot of time in game... but that is mainly down to whether purchasing a heli in the matches I play was worth the points when I know I am a more accomplished tank operator and could make more of a difference to my team. It's these differing play styles between players that make Homefront so appealing! Where one player who isn’t so good at infantry racks up his/her points by supporting their comrades by helping capture objective points which accumulate to help purchase an attach heli, their infantry ability which was somewhat poor is all but forgotten has the player roams the sky and rains down missile fire on the enemy. This is why Homefront matters; this is why it’s appealing… The person sitting at the top of the scoreboard is probably the worse infantry soldier in the game, but their ability to fly a helicopter to destroy enemy armour and allow infantry to move up is the key to success…

The main problem is the PC community for Homefront is dying and apart from two DLC map packs released a while ago, no support to the game exists. This is a shame because the community was once big but people over played the current selection of maps and wanted a different challenge. Hopefully there is another year left but it is looking doubtful! FINGERS CROSSED!

I have thoroughly enjoyed this game since release and hope for Homefront 2 which I hear is being developed by Crytek. That should be interesting as I did enjoy the Crysis 2 multiplayer for a while. The game itself misses out on a full score because of a few minor issues and the lack of support the community has had to endure. The minor issues are mainly single player related short campaign, some under developed characters and I would have liked more vehicle sections etc. So I am giving it a 9/10 for that and as I am still playing and enjoying it now, it will get no less from me. This is one game I can safely say” I have got my monies worth from!”
  97. May 12, 2013
    Homefront.
    The good thing about the game: Homefront has a really good story and you can feel and see that they have done a great job out of it. However, it is not as long, but rather a short and good campagin than a bad and long campagin. The graphics are comfortable in terms of the game is from 2011.
    The bad: Mulitplayer sucks! There is no on and they have almost done nothing at all
    Homefront.

The bad:
    Mulitplayer sucks! There is no on and they have almost done nothing at all out of it. I do not care for the game almost never mulitplayer. They could nevertheless need to put some more work into it. There are not enough different things to play. The courses are either long and complex or small and impossible to navigate in.

If you buy a game for a good campaign, I recommend definitely Homefront! It's cheap and worth the money!
    If you buy a game for mulitplayer I would advise you to consider your purchase once or see it in some of your friends if they own it.

chri529r out.
  98. Aug 8, 2014
    I didin't know what to expect when i first bought this game. Never played the demo (maybe because it didin"t even have one!!) And now i know that this is a complete waste of money! Everything about this game is BAD.
    The only reason that i rated this a 2 is because the multiplayer is pretty fun for a while.
  99. May 13, 2014
    Homefront came as part of a bundle deal on Steam, so in a quest to finish my huge backlog of games, I thought I could cruise through this notoriously short shooter. I tend to take a lot of time with my games and proceed slowly, so I think altogether it took about 7 hours to finish. The graphics are pretty good for the time of release and I think the developers did a really wonderful jobHomefront came as part of a bundle deal on Steam, so in a quest to finish my huge backlog of games, I thought I could cruise through this notoriously short shooter. I tend to take a lot of time with my games and proceed slowly, so I think altogether it took about 7 hours to finish. The graphics are pretty good for the time of release and I think the developers did a really wonderful job crafting the world. From the Golden Gate Bridge to the Survivalist camp to the home base, there is clearly a great attention to detail that makes the world feel alive, despite being mostly non-interactive. The characters are pretty throwaway, with partial exception to the girl in the squad, who occasionally notes some overlooked truisms about war that give her a little depth that is never fully explored. The story is farfetched, but fun for what it is, feeling like the script of a b-action movie, but with blockbuster effects. It's fleshed out through the use of newspapers, which are essentially the collectibles for the game, which are little 1-3 paragraph snippets about the development of the conflict. These are never terribly deep or moving, but they get the job done if you are interested in understanding the convoluted world the game takes place in.

Unfortunately the mechanics of the game don't match the atmospheric quality. The weapons are generic and few, and tend to lack a feeling of power behind them. The controls are a little convoluted; this probably reflects more on me, but it took me a few minutes to figure out how to pull out my targeting control for the drone vehicle. There is no lean feature, which is forgivable, but the hitboxes are off enough that bullets don't hit targets that are partially behind cover, which is particularly annoying when sniping. The game is almost a completely on-the-rails shooter, with a truly linear plan of attack. As has been noted, options are generally limited to which side of the street to take cover behind, although even that choice is sometimes taken away from you. Artificial and even some invisible barriers are all over the place, so the sooner you learn not to bother being creative, the sooner you will appreciate the simplicity of this shooting gallery. The only part of the game that provides a little autonomy is when you briefly pilot a helicopter, but the fun is limited due to horrible controls and physics of the helicopter, as well as a limit as to how far from your attack group you may venture. Still, setpieces like the helicopter segment really break up the action and provide highly memorable experiences in gaming, like the excellent helicopter segment in Far Cry 3. In fairness, some of the atmospheric storytelling did create powerful moments along the way, but ultimately Homefront excels in creating a beautiful and interesting world that is sort of boring to play in.

*I began my playthrough long enough after release that there were no remaining populated servers in my server list, so this is purely a review of the single player*

1. Mar 12, 2012
    I have a hard time recommending the PC version of Homefront. It's a decent game with a unique take on world events, and its fresh and fun new ideas for two-mode, bot-less, online only multiplayer kept me coming back long after I'd waved adieu to the single-player portion, but the performance and playability on this platform is far eclipsed by the stability found on consoles.
    Very short but intense firefight shows not a very cheerful vision of the near future for North America. Game story is excellent but playability loses because of over-scripting. [Issue#203]
  3. May 18, 2011
    It's dreadfully average and far too quickly finished, providing nothing more than the most basic type of fun on the first run-through and little incentive to revisit. Not because it's broken; just because it's boring.