5.6

1. Mar 17, 2011
    This game is fantastic. I've been playing it on Onlive and it is running flawlessly. I got to play it right at midnight. Multiplayer is a blast. This game takes the best of Call of Duty and Battlefield and tweaks it enough to differentiate itself from them, but at the same time is familiar enough for fans of those series to immediately enjoy. Battlepoints are an amazing feature of the game and are way better than the kill streaks in Call of Duty. They are much more fair for all players and are balanced very well. In fact, just about everything about the multiplayer game is balanced.That's quite a feat. Vehicle control is very well done and can be customized to your liking. None of the vehicles are overpowered, but they still contribute to the battlefield and should be feared. The guns are all unique and can be customized with a ton of different scopes, etc. A lot of the multiplayer has your typical fanfare like experience, challenges, etc. The maps are fantastic. There is a ton of "stuff" to hide in and take cover with. One thing that I think this game doesn't get enough credit for is the sound. This game sounds like war! Everything from the muffling when a grenade goes off near by to the distant sounds of gunfire are done very well.

The atmosphere in this game is top notch. I've only gotten about 30 minutes into the singleplayer, but so far that is very engaging and I can see myself being driven through it because of the backstory even though I usually enjoy multiplayer more.
  2. Mar 15, 2011
    So I DL'd it on steam, 9GB and it took around 2 hours. Within minutes I was playing. I played about 5 MP matches first, then the entire first SP level.

In MP I went 34-16 in those matches and ranked up to lvl. 6.
    SP was engaging and fun.
    MP was a blast. Played 4 on 4 for a bit then 16 on 16. Only tried assault kit. But used perks like BMP, HUMVEE and my favorite, Hellfire missiles. Once
    you save up 1100 Battle points you get 2 shots with the Hellfire. I only missed twice and say I'm about 8/10 with it.

There is a comma rose for spotting and stuff, there are squads but I couldn't see how to spawn on the squad. Maps are a mix of big and small, most cool thing about them is tons of cover, in and outside of buildings and tons of ladders to climb and get elevated positions.

Graphics look great, I'm running all on medium at 1440x900 10:9 aspect.

Set up my controls exactly like BC2. Prone and crouch sprint and knife are all the same.

I was typically in the top 2-5 on the server. I saw many clans already turning up their servers. But most were like KAOS #101 etc.

What else? There's no destruction, but considering how softly and thoughtfully you want to move around in this game, that is cool. Most of my kills came from finding a good cover spot with my back protected and just killing idiots who ran runnin' and gunnin' like they were playing COD.

I really liked the fact that in TDM and BattleGround you never had to worry about a guy spawning behind you, it kept the maps separated by troop concentration for safe spawning.

I never got spawn camped, and almost always knew what and who killed me and why.

First 3 hours impression.... I want to play more, but gotta get to work soon.

I found nothing too odd or glitchey. At one point in MP my controls went screwy, like my crosshairs kept wanting to point in the air on their own, so I restarted the game and it was fine. At another point in one map i couldn't jump up a little one foot step like it was a map error or something.

Overall I'd find it hard to comparing it to BC2, BF2 or COD. It's kinda it's own thing, a little bit of all of them. Collecting those points and spending them on cool **** is easy, just watch the little meter on the right and when you get 1100 press 4 for Hellfire, or if you want to spend 250 you get 3 AT rockets. They suck vs. infantry though, or I don't know how to shoot them. Of course all that is cutomizable, I unlocked other things like flack jackets and UAV drones that I didn't even load out with yet. I'd say at 4am there was about 600 to 1000 people playing online. I am ranked 1256th on the leader board.

Anyway ramble complete. If U get the game, you'll likely enjoy it. At least the first 3 hours. Who knows where it goes from here.
  3. Jun 11, 2011
    I actually really love this game. I am not really into single player campaigns but I thoroughly enjoyed homefronts, although I would say it seems to just end. Multiplayer on other hand is awesome, like a less hardcore arma 2, fast paced, shoot someone they die fast, and vehicles for those that like that sort of thing, I just stick to my drones :)

All in all I would say if you like
    military shooters but do not like how easy games like cod and bc2 are then get homefront, if you think cod is the best thing ever then you will probs not like how fast you can die in this game. Expand
  4. Mar 16, 2011
    Homefront brought a great fresh look to the FPS genre that is being run into the ground by COD with yearly game releases with the same bland story and generic setting. Homefront took the time to make an incredibly immersive, powerful story that, while being much too short, brought emotions out that no game has before. The entire time playing the game, I felt like I really was the character, while dashing between cover when facing that first sentry, while assisting your team in the raids, while fighting every last KOR soldier, I felt immersed in the game. The graphics and AI are a little dated, with other minor issues, but overall the singleplayer was very well done. The multiplayer added a few fresh things to the genre as well. The "killstreak" system of high priority targets in Commander mode was a nice twist, and generally gameplay was crisp and rewarding. Overall, despite a few flaws in the design and engine, the stylistic environment of the game, great story, and fresh gameplay make Homefront worth checking out if you appreciate good story and atmosphere over "prestige." Expand
  5. Mar 18, 2011
    This game is a mix, a mix between the drones of Frontlines fuel of War, the vehicular warfare of Battlefield and the intense infantry fights of Call of duty, this game does this with great success, its not fully perfect, it campaign is short, and multiplayer may take some getting used too. But overall this game is well worth your money, time and effort. A larger multiplayer communtiy, good optimization, gameplay and sheer fun make this game well worth your time, do not be thrown off by poor reviews and such, as this game does a fantastic job of making you feel like you are your character, your killing humans not just bots, and it really brings in the intensity of fighting in a resistance for you freedom. Expand
  6. Mar 25, 2011
    I got completely fed up with Black Ops and Bad Company and needed a change of pace. I really like this game, I'm kind of surprised that it got such low scores. I should point out that I bought it for the multiplayer, I don't really care how long or good the campaign is. I only play objective mode and I like how they spiced up the multiplayer with little purchases and marking priority targets. Also the hit detection seems much better to me than in Black Ops for some reason.
    I do have one complaint. The game is quite the hardware hog compared to how it looks. I have a i7 2600k running at 4.4GHz, 16GB ram and an ATI HD6950. It's not enough to run the game at 1920x1200 with antialiasing smoothly. To me anything below 50 FPS in unacceptable and I don't like playing without AA (yeck!) so I kept textures at maximum and turned shadows and special effects down a bit and that helped enough.
  7. Mar 15, 2011
    So much better than the PC ports we usually get. The single-player is short but very memorable. The multiplayer is extremely fun. Battle Commander and battle-points are really unique and give some rejuvenation to an old FPS formula. I will definitely be playing this for a while, and this game will be up there with Battlefield 3 and Red Orchestra 2 as the best FPS PC releases for this year.
  8. Mar 15, 2011
    Great game, very moody atmospheric single player, and I'm loving the multiplayer. The multiplayer is fast paced, and the developers have clearly payed a lot of attention to making this game feel like a PC game, and not just another console knock off. One rather unique thing that this game does very well is how it makes the battlefield feel extremely chaotic, flaming vehicle debris and explosions everywhere :) Expand
  9. Mar 15, 2011
    I must applaud to THQ for creating a game that's risky yet touches emotions. Never thought anyone would recreate the classic gameplay of Half-Life and give it a new twist. Despite the graphics not being competitive with Battlefield and COD, it was the least of my concerns since the campaign was so unique and inspiring with multiplayer features topping recent FPS games.
  10. Mar 15, 2011
    Wow! This game is brilliant! I love the graphics eventhough they are not the best I have seen, they are definitly atmospheric and also the story is very exciting. The characters are very well chosen and they make this game feel "real" and dramatic. It's like a movie you cannout stop to watch. It reminds me a bit of the TV series Jericho.

For me one of the best singleplayergames since
    Half-Life. Or even better, due to the characters. Expand
  11. Mar 15, 2011
    Great, bold storyline. Eventhough the campign is short, I think it's just the right duration since multiplayer compensate the lifespan of the game. Hope THQ makes a sequel for it. Keep it coming!
  12. Mar 15, 2011
    Its single player tells a story in this 'what if' scenario in a very cinematic way, but that has something to do with it being written by John Milius. But the story and the actual single player gameplay are completely different. Although the story is very good, the actual action sequences seemed to try too hard to mimic what was already accomplished in the Call of Duty Franchise.

Its
    multi player is definitely the pull factor to buy it. The multiple gamplay innovations featured in the game as well as many of the best innovations featured in both the Call of Duty and Battlefield franchises. I wouldn't necessarily name this a "Clone" of those two franchises, but it definitely gets some inspiration from the two. Expand
  13. Mar 15, 2011
    I'm not sure what a lot of these people are complaining about. Not going to do a huge review, but this game is great. I feel like the reason this game has gotten pushed aside by reviewers is because the FPS genre is now just dominated by Call of Duty. Everything gets compared to it as a standard, nothing can be it's own separate entity nowadays.

HOMEFRONT is a great MP game. I have yet to
    try the SP, but if you're looking for a good MP, this is a good place to look. Expand
  14. Mar 16, 2011
    This game is in my opinion the best game so far this year and generally extremely fun. I enjoy the new setting and the presentation is simply mind blowing. The story is extremely well made and intense, but can be a little bit predictable some times. Im pretty sure this game will be on my top 3 for 2011.
  15. Mar 16, 2011
    Homefront is a game that pretty much lived up to the limited marketing hype it got. When the developers were talking about creating an experience where you feel that war is horrible they do just that. The musical score adds to that and gets you in the mood. For example, in situations in the campaign that demand you to be on top of your gain, the music follows suit. Multiplayer takes aspects from the CoD series and BF series and melds them together to get a fast-placed unlaggy experience in which the field changes dynamically. The game itself is not a AAA game, but an AA game. Hopefully DLC for it comes to expand the campaign. Expand
  16. Mar 16, 2011
    I buy games for the story, and boy did this game claim to have a story. As a huge fan of Apocalypse Now, I had high hopes for this new title from Kaos (whose Modern Combat mod I enjoyed for months when I was taking my first steps into the still-new world of FPS). I read and watched everything I could find on this game in the days before it's release with great anticipation, assuming that a game built on such a strong story foundation was destined for greatness. However, my assumptions quickly proved to be false.

Really, really quickly, to be honest. It only took me a just shy of four hours to beat the single player on regular. Apocalypse Now: Redux clocks in at 3:14:59. It actually took longer to download it than it did to complete. Needless to say I was very disappointed. The characters are shallow and a lot of the heart wrenching drama we were supposed to see ended up just being shock value. Outside of a few other gameplay annoyances, though, I did find the game to be pretty fun, with enjoyable missions and some very cool sets. I'm just hoping they don't expect me to actually pay for DLCs with more single player content, they've already ripped me off enough.

A lot of reviews praise the multiplayer as this game's savior. This is what's wrong with the FPS genre in general, but I won't go into it here. The online experience is good, dedicated servers are a definite plus. There are a few nice innovations, but overall it feels like a scaled-down Battlefield game (which makes sense, considering the developer), and looks like any of the recent CODs. Though it quickly gets old if you've played much of either. Honestly the only thing that saved it for me was the Steam version came with Metro 2033.

Final thought:
    Save yourself 50 bucks and just borrow the game from a friend (you'll only need it for a day).
  17. M13
    Mar 17, 2011
    Multiplayer is unique and fun. Single player is great but too short. All in all a solid game. And I'm sure that some of the flaws people are talking about will be patched soon enough.
  18. Mar 17, 2011
    With several titles within FPS military genre HomeFront sets itself apart from the rest. It does some things on the multiplayer side other games have done but in its own way and delivers a different experience in comparison to Call of Duty or Battlefield despite sharing similarities.

Having vehicles that spawn whenever you have enough battle points to do so thus preventing the typical "x
    amount of vehicles" per map which most MP games have which ends up with one team dominating a match by controlling all of the vehicles, with Homefront this isn't the case.

You pick your default class and as you "rank up" you will be able to configure classes as you see fit with perks for your play style and for your vehicles too... weapon unlocks, weapon camo and special gadgets like RC Drones and Flak Jacket makes the game appeal to your " battle taste".

The Single player campaign has a interesting story and plays more like an interactive "book", it is heavily scripted with moments of intense combat in the mix albeit very short it sets the "lore" for the game scenery very well.

In my book its a fun game, I'm loving the PC version.
  19. Mar 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. So i found out about this game a couple weeks ago. and i got around to try it and even tho the single player campaign is a bit short. it is very good and the multiplayer is a great mixture of call of duty battlefield but in it's very own way. Thanks for a kick ass game Kaos studios :D Expand
  20. Mar 17, 2011
    I REALLY dont understand why so much fuss about this game... The game certainly has its flaws, but bottom line: I had a blast playing it and I will likely continue to do so for a long time... that to me is well worth the $60 I paid for it. The multiplayer is as good if not better than any of its competitors, and the story was (short but) brilliant.
  21. Mar 17, 2011
    This game has a new point of view that takes on realistic politic genre, the ideal of working through a linear story line, and the classic novella in gaming. These ideals are no longer popular among many gamers who are used to "sandbox" elements that allow to make "interactive" and potentially unique decisions in games that they are playing. In comparison to other FPS games, I would more closely compare this game to Half Life 2 than Modern Warefare series games. There is a distinct storyline that is potently available to players who take the time to collect and read the newpapers laying around in the single player. If you only want to play Multiplayer, then it is a best case marriagse between the Modern Warfare genres and Battlefield 2. The decisions to build your character make sense, they are balanced, and they are FUN. My only warning to anyone who is considering buying this game is that this game is mean to be enjoyed like a good meal- you dont wolf it down. Peers of mine have blown through the single player only to realize that they missed critical ambiance that lies in the smaller details. To tell you what that would be in this thread would be akin to a spoiler, so I will avoid describing it and just say- take your time, there is no hurry. In regards to getting to "know " your character, this is a new concept in gaming that has only become relevant in recent years, but being that I dont like to "play house" and "dress my paper dolls" in the game, it has been a very pleasing experience so far. I'm half way through the game and I cant wait to see what happens next. The cities I have fought in are realistically detailed, and being from one locale in the game, I was shocked and excited when I realized that I understood the EXACT location I was in. This game is a buy and only recieves a 9 because the linear model could be a smidge wider to allow for exploration and fun. Expand
  22. Mar 19, 2011
    People are bashing this game way too hard, i was sceptic from the moment i watched screenshots and videos but still decided to buy it on Steam just before launch.

I thought i would be regretting it but boy was i wrong, sure the Single player was short with a weird sudden ending but what makes this game is Multiplayer.

Online the game has its own identity and it feels like its own game,
    it is NOT like Call of Duty and people need to wake up and stop comparing games to Call of Duty as that series has only gone downhill.

The lack of killstreaks is just a positive thing, i do not miss it and i praise the new system they have, choosing two items per class that you buy with Battle Points makes things much more interesting, you can choose what to use depending on your situation and really promotes teamplay.

I had no idea that the Battle Commander would be optional but after experiencing both sides i think its a really good idea, playing a game with BC really puts pressure on people doing well (as I've reached a 3 star threat so far i know how it feels).

All in all, it's a breath of fresh air on a genre with way too many cloned games (CoD, BF etc) and brings its own formula, proving it can challenge the other popular online fps games.

Being able to play the game from the launch is a big plus, no problem with lag or fps like Black Ops had and even still have, Unreal 3 engine not only makes it look good but provides a solid online platform.

Buy.
  23. SPG
    Mar 20, 2011
    Only tried the single player for 1 level, then decided to give the multiplayer ago. OMG how much fun is this game online, reminds me a little of RTCW fairly fast and frantic could do with a few more game types but i am sure that will come. Its another port (like most titles) but considering its only been out 2 days in europe its running really really well, a few memory leaks here and there but i am sure it will get fixed.

I think the critics have been overally harsh, maybe THQ doesn't have the cash to sweeten them up as much as EA & Activision for there so called triple A titles.

The new battle commander and vehicle system is a nice twist as well. It was £22 this weekend on D2D ok graphically its ok, nothing ground breaking but it fits the game. Sounds are fun. This is how a PC port should be done. A great little underestimated title.
  24. Mar 20, 2011
    I was drawn in by the many trailers and the buzz around the game, thinking the single player would be a huge success; maybe a 20 hour campaign with a good storyline, but I was wrong about the single player campaign. It took only 3 and a half hours to complete, the story was very linear, and the AI was flawed. But what they did do well with the SP, was to make the player feel something and not just be killing the enemies because you were told to, but because you were fighting for your land, and defending American citizens. There was one scene where a young child's parents are shot to death in front of him, and another where you have to hide in a mass grave, it's scenes like that that can make the campaign feel worth-while. On to the multi-player. I gave the game an 8/10 because of the multi-player, it could 've gotten a 9/10 if the campaign were better. The multi-player is REALLY addicting and plenty fast-paced. The huge maps and vehicles and upgrades all come together perfectly. It isn't an easy game to master, but its impossible to be really bad at. The multi-player is very solid and i really cant think of anything negative to say about it. It is definitely better than call of duty multiplayer and possibly better than bc2. Overall, its a game worth buying if just for the multi-player, but could have been much better if the campaign were longer and less linear. Expand
  25. Mar 23, 2011
    Talking about Singleplayer only.
    Homefront is a total disappointment. At the beginning, the Singleplayer is very exciting, the main plot is so thrilling, but after the first hour of playing, the story have to go because of the action. The scenes in the game are very intense, it's the first game i can call an anti-war game, but as I just said, the action in the mid-lategame ruins the plot.
    The graphics are quite nice, but not for a game in 2011. The A.I. is just silly, just like targets in a shooting range. The scripted events like in the Call of Duty series are too sloppy. After five hours, the game ends ... very disappointing. I think, they just cut the whole story. Result: 5.3 points Expand
  26. Mar 24, 2011
    9.o This game is too good for an 8, but slightly missing the mark for a 9. 1st.)This is a solid FPS, and was worth buying. 2.)My friends and I did not have any technical problems downloading or playing this game on our gaming PC's. 3.)the single player mode is driven by an interesting and captivating story, but was unfortunately in my opinion too short, which seems to be the trend in FPS. The graphics are good (nothing new or earth shattering), but good. I did notice differences in graphics when I used different computers. So, if you want it to look good, you'll need an updated graphic card, and a good Flat screen HD monitor/TV. You'll also want to customize your settings. That's what I did anyway, and finally the MP mode is addictive and different. Sometimes you feel rewarded and sometimes frustrated. It will depend on how adaptable you are to different playing styles. You will still find some campers here and there, but at least you have a good shot at squashing them. The game is mostly balanced. It feels good to be able to knife a sniper, who just shot up your team mates, and not see hackers jumping 2-3 stories high in one jump onto a place that no one else can climb up to like in COD. I'm enjoying the MP. So, I really can't complain. Expand
  27. Mar 26, 2011
    If you started FPS on the Call Of Duty Series this game is not for you. The problem on why it's getting bad reviews is becuase Call of Duty of Duty players simply can't play this game becuase they are not skilled enough to play on bigger maps and not use lag to move around. Homefront has no lag you shoot the guy and he's DEAD! Where as call of duty it takes you a whole clip to kill someone. COD players can't play on anything bigger then a sardine can for a map Homefronts maps are a perfect size not to big and nto to small! I have been playing FPS since the days of Novalogics Delta Force and watched the FPS games dwindle down to small map games and bunny hopping losers playing on small maps. If you are a COD players who likes to run around like a fool and use lag to win this game is not for you. This game is for the skilled FPS who knows their awereness on the battlefield and knows how to shoot and survive. Thank you Homefront for finally making a great game. I for one am dead tired of the crap COD series and it's community and the sardine size maps! Don't get this game if you can't stay alive without lag. Do get this game if you want great size maps, no lag and a TON OF FUN! People need to learn that the COD series is dead and the reason you buy it is because of the marketing, adds, and the name brand! Think outside the box, just because you didn't see Homefront on TV or you didn't see alot of adds doesn't mean it's bad. COD has all of you sucked in with their makreting skills and puts out a worse and worse product every time cuz they already have you! Expand
  28. Mar 26, 2011
    When I was in college I bought my 1st computer to play Delta Force 2. This was in 1999. Since 1999 I have evolved as a online gammer play the Delta Force Series / COD series / etc.. you get my point. This game is ABSOLUTLY AWSOME if you are a true old'skool gamer!!! I have been waiting for a game like this for over 6 years. This game takes skill, actually all the skills that were needed for OLD-SKool games like DeltaFocre. I assume that non-skilled gammers that compare a game to Blackops etc will not like this game cause they are n00bs and do not have the gamming skills that old-skool gamers have. They need lag and tin can maps to try to win. This game is OLD-SKOOL BABY!!!! IF you have no skill don't bother getting it. Granted it is a bit buggy it is 100% better that Blackops and battlefield bad company 2. The people that give this game a bad review are children that base there gamming experience on the call of duty franchise. This game will go far.. Expand
  29. Mar 28, 2011
    Homefront's Multiplayer is by far the best and most fun out right now. The amount of weapons and combinations that are possible are limitless. I prefer servers of 20 players or less, the maps feel better with less players. Im runing this game at 1680x1050 very high-motion blur-vsync with an AMD X3 720 8GB of ram and an Nvidia gts460. I dont plan to go back to COD.
  30. Mar 30, 2011
    Homefront is a great game. It is a bit on the short side, but the engrossment of the story is top notch. Having a firefight in a TigerDirect store while it's burning down is quite exhilarating. I disliked multiplayer for Call of Duty: MW2 but actually enjoy the combat system in Homefront's multiplayer.
  31. Mar 31, 2011
    I am not sure what's up with all the bad reviews, but I really like it. It almost seems as if the reviewers don't see anything beyond CoD at times... Anyhow, the campaign could be longer, but we hear that a lot lately (e.g. CoD). Unlike CoD - Black Ops, Homefront is fun to play and the story line is engaging. It's almost feels like a successor for Frontlines: Fuel of War which is one of my favorite shooters. I just love the gadgets (e.g. RC helicopter) and it keeps the game play fresh while allowing different strategies to get through a mission. Can we please have a Frontlines 2 now? Expand
  32. Apr 5, 2011
    This game has been in the media quite a bit, firstly THQ's stock plummeted because of it, then there was how insanely short the sp campaign was and again when it sold 1 million units.
    First lets deal with the campaign, its **** there really is no argument here. Its buggy, incredibly short, full of plot holes and has some pretty bad AI. But I was never buying it for the campaign, I always
    thought of it as a mp game with some sp tacked which it was. So now, the Multiplayer!
    This is where the game claims everything back. The graphics are fantastic, which meant nothing to the campaign but makes the mp alot more enjoyable. The game had a pretty trouble free release, when compared with Crytek and Crysis 2, Homefronts release was very good for a new non AAA IP. The multiplayer is very fun, it is very much a cross between COD and Battlefield drawing inspiration from both but really making it its own game. The maps vary in size, some feel very COD like and others are more Battlefield size, the bigger ones allow you to purchase vehicles whereas the smaller ones don't. There aren't many game modes just Team Deathmatch and one akin to Domination in COD. But Domination retains the fun with an advance retreat system whereby the starting 3 control points are in the middle of the map. The team who reaches the intial score limit first advances and the others retreat you then play another round in the losing teams area with 3 new control points, then if the same team wins its over, if the other team wins you then advance back to the centre, its a very nice system and keeps the games fun. The game skeep going if its a close battle and end quickly if its an annihilation.
    It also means that maps stay interesting, I have been playing for many hours and around my 20th hour still advanced to an area I had never seen before. The weapons handle nicely, the upgarde system is very good, similar to cod but your money isn't permanent and you have to buy uavs/armor/rpgs/airstrikes with money earnt on a game by game basis. There are many other unique homefront features to this game all add a little bit more to it then either COD or Battlefield.
    Overall this game is a great mp game and I am enjoying it alot, its a reliable game that seems to have good connectivity. The icing on the cake would be dlc that adds some more maps and maybe more game modes! But for now its still loads of fun.
  33. Apr 17, 2011
    This game is awesome. Snipers spreading like a disease and RUINING all other FPS's are the source of the bad reviews in my opinion. Not since BF2 have I been addicted to a game like this. Each kit can be as effective as a squad, countering campers and allowing the player to ground pound with impunity. In this game it all comes down to who is working harder and your KDR does not take the hit it did in BF2 for doing so. It rewards in battle heroics with points used to buy assets (GENIUS!) in a more team oriented fashion than CoD and let's not even get started with hacks and hit detection. This game beats the other titles HANDS DOWN! I've seen little hacker and even then, they were not the god's the hacks allow in other games. Singleplayer sucks but if you are buying a FPS for single, you're either 9 or incredibly stupid.
    Remember, BF2 was the greatest of all time and they had NO single. Just bots that did nothing to prepare you for what was coming. BC2, MoH, CoD do not hold a candle to this game.
  34. Apr 21, 2011
    Having played through the bunch of FPS lately hitting the market I have to say this one stood out above many of the titles, ok so the single player campaign is short... who seriously buys fps for single player? once you get into the multiplayer this game really stands out above the majority of COD type games flooding the market. If you played Frontline fuels of war, you'll find a lot of common ground here since its by tthe same devs, such as remote drones and being able to go fully prone. Graphically its reasonable with Dx11 support, although texturing shows signs of console grade sadly... not enough to spoilt the excellent gameplay though. I'd take this over COD Blackops anytime... the only game it doesnt stand upto in my view is Battlefield Bas company 2 and maybe Crysis 2. Expand
  35. Apr 26, 2011
    El modo historia es bastante decepcionante, pienso que no lograron cumplir las espectativas que vendian en sus trailers, graficas no acordes para la actualidad, pero lo que le falta al modo historia lo compensa muy bien el modo multijugador. La jugabilidad es muy buena, mapas excelentes, y actualmente con la herramienta para crear servidores dedicados pienso que es un punto muy importante para la comunidad de jugadores. Estoy seguro que el juego puede convertirse es un FPS adictivo. Expand
  36. May 14, 2011
    You can buy homefront cd key for only $24.00 from http://www.cdkeyport.com/homefront-cd-key.html

it is cheap and trustable place.After paying , You will get Homefront Cd Key (Scan or Photo of the Original Homefront Dvd Game )
  37. May 20, 2011
    Homefront is better than Black Ops and Bad Company. It brings a whole new meaning to war games. The most important thing is that it's not kill over 100 people and escape, no, it's more like living with the things you've done.The storyline is short but the experience of both singleplayer and multiplayer is very good. The storyline I give an 8 but the experience all together deserves an awesome 10! In all, I'd give Homefront an awesome and solid 9! Expand
  38. Jul 17, 2011
    Given this Game a 10 because of all the Children who rated it 0, but its def worth a straight 8.5.
    This game runs fine on both my AMD athlon II quad core with 8800gtx and my sons AMD dual core with just a 9600 gt .. i built both rigs and they both have 4 gig of ram apiece, i think a lot of idiots think they can buy a cheep Dell and expect to run games like this straight out the box
    ...lol.
    The single player is fun and very atmosperic the multiplayer is awsome and up there with the best ..as someone else has said this is prob the best use yet of the unreal 3 engine and i agree.. this is to unreal 3 what tac ops was to unreal tournament back in the days ..
    I and my son will be playing it some time to come .. thanks for listening :).
  39. Jul 20, 2011
    wow this game sounds bad I bought somany junk games lately Iam not risking it thanks for the warning
    I allmost bought it . Ive got to watch my impulse shopping. The duke game was a ripoff Brinks kind of **** Why dont they look at Call of Duty and make them like that. I love Free for all is it in Homefront ?. But iam not risking it The games are to expensive to waste on a game that feels
    like a demo.Thanks once again for the heads up on Homefront.If it had a demo and I liked it I might of bought it . I still might when its 10 bucks. Expand
  40. Mar 3, 2012
    One of the good game related with WAR with good tailored story. Do not go with critics over here, they are mostly Americans who don't want to see America losing in any war it's typical with them. Give this game a good try and you will really enjoy it. It's better than what Activision Call of duty offers now years.
  41. Dec 15, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Single player campaign of this game is fairly average. But I really enjoyed multiplayer. It completely consumed me for 3 days since i bought it and now I play it when I only can. The amount of people hating on the game is driven by being too closed in call of duty games by me. Expand
  42. Dec 28, 2011
    Homefront easily earns a 9. It was simply put out into and advertised to the market wrong. It was advertised for its single-player aspect. But its true value is in multi-player. It combines the common aspects of the two more popular FPS franchises Battlefield and Call of Duty into one, all while adding its own twist. Its multi-player is very non-repetitive due to the points system. For every action a player takes to further there team in wining a match they are awarded points. Those points are spent on perks and vehicles for that match only. It also promotes playing as a team because assist-kills and objective captures have the highest rewards. But sadly it was introduced in the height of the Call of Duty craze where a games campaign over-shadows multi-player. All these factors combined makes Homefront a 9.0 worthy game, its time will come somewhere in the future. Expand
  43. Sep 8, 2012
    GREAT game, had a lot of fun with it and the multiplayer rocks. The campaign is not very long, but the showdown and many events are of epic scale. Fighting on american soil against a korean invasion is simply a great setting.
  44. Apr 30, 2013
    I purchased this game at release for £39.99 and completed it within two days. The multiplayer was very unstable at this point so I left it a month or so and went back after they sorted their servers. I have been going back on a constant basis ever since...

I have read the reviews regarding the storyline and I don't see what the problem is? It's interesting and different even if it is
    over the top. The game tells a convincing story... The struggle of survivors; the pockets of resistance taking one step forward, 2 steps back; the harrowing scenes of murder that take place on streets for all to see! This is a game not scared to show the side of war that's depressing and because of this, you feel like you have to stand up and be counted. The pacing is sometimes an issue but the majority of the story was exceptional and spans over several different locations so the feeling of “being here, done that” never crosses your mind. It constantly moves forward and that was a plus point for me.

Here is a quick summary of the gameplay, weapons and sounds They do their job very well. Gameplay is linear but that's the type of game Kaos has created and the story line that was being told needed constricting gameplay otherwise pacing would have been even more of an issue. Weapons were nice with lots of variety and attachments. The usual suspects are all here pistols, sub machine guns, rifles and snipers etc. Other weaponry at your disposal comes in the form of the Goliath which is a very nice touch and gives the resistance the upper hand in some key scenes. You fully control an attack helicopter through one main chapter which was an excellent diversion and the UAV at the end felt great but was considerably under used. Sound effects were convincing, music was delightful and voice acting was implemented at the right times to add weight and conviction to most scenes.

Multiplayer is the most shocking of the package! IT IS AMAZING! Map wise there is just enough to get by with sections of the map opening up when objectives have been taken or destroyed. The maps are big with no real choke points so spammers can't operate The load outs are also in-depth with 2 special purchase slots available for each load out (UAV, Hell fire missile, flak jacket etc.) which can be purchased with battle points (the in game currency that you earn whilst playing, killing and completing various objectives.). The main thing that sticks out to me is that nothing feels over powered. The guns all have various handling and shooting techniques that have to be learnt in order to get the best out of them. The vehicles aren't easy to use and therefore require ample playtime in order to familiarise yourself with the handling, shooting, counter measures and amour effectiveness. Therefore, this game isn't something you can really just pick up and play. The game requires you to come back for more punishment before you get use to its many features. I am still in the process of learning how to effectively use the attack heli and I have spent a lot of time in game... but that is mainly down to whether purchasing a heli in the matches I play was worth the points when I know I am a more accomplished tank operator and could make more of a difference to my team. It's these differing play styles between players that make Homefront so appealing! Where one player who isn’t so good at infantry racks up his/her points by supporting their comrades by helping capture objective points which accumulate to help purchase an attach heli, their infantry ability which was somewhat poor is all but forgotten has the player roams the sky and rains down missile fire on the enemy. This is why Homefront matters; this is why it’s appealing… The person sitting at the top of the scoreboard is probably the worse infantry soldier in the game, but their ability to fly a helicopter to destroy enemy armour and allow infantry to move up is the key to success…

The main problem is the PC community for Homefront is dying and apart from two DLC map packs released a while ago, no support to the game exists. This is a shame because the community was once big but people over played the current selection of maps and wanted a different challenge. Hopefully there is another year left but it is looking doubtful! FINGERS CROSSED!

I have thoroughly enjoyed this game since release and hope for Homefront 2 which I hear is being developed by Crytek. That should be interesting as I did enjoy the Crysis 2 multiplayer for a while. The game itself misses out on a full score because of a few minor issues and the lack of support the community has had to endure. The minor issues are mainly single player related short campaign, some under developed characters and I would have liked more vehicle sections etc. So I am giving it a 9/10 for that and as I am still playing and enjoying it now, it will get no less from me. This is one game I can safely say” I have got my monies worth from!”
  45. SPG
    Mar 20, 2011

1. Mar 12, 2012
    I have a hard time recommending the PC version of Homefront. It's a decent game with a unique take on world events, and its fresh and fun new ideas for two-mode, bot-less, online only multiplayer kept me coming back long after I'd waved adieu to the single-player portion, but the performance and playability on this platform is far eclipsed by the stability found on consoles.
    Very short but intense firefight shows not a very cheerful vision of the near future for North America. Game story is excellent but playability loses because of over-scripting. [Issue#203]
  3. May 18, 2011
    It's dreadfully average and far too quickly finished, providing nothing more than the most basic type of fun on the first run-through and little incentive to revisit. Not because it's broken; just because it's boring.