Homeworld 2 PC

8.3

1. OmarK.
    Sep 21, 2003
    Those of us who are veterans of the first two Homeworlds would have been waiting for this for sometime and also maybe very disappointed with the new one. Formations settings for crafts have been changed, there is no difficulty setting for a game that is almost impossible without a population cap, GUI is frustrating where craft are not properly identified when selecting smaller craft Those of us who are veterans of the first two Homeworlds would have been waiting for this for sometime and also maybe very disappointed with the new one. Formations settings for crafts have been changed, there is no difficulty setting for a game that is almost impossible without a population cap, GUI is frustrating where craft are not properly identified when selecting smaller craft groups from the larger selected groups of craft. On a plus side, the game has gorgeous graphics and has an excellent storyline. Enjoy, even if it is only for a few days. Expand
  2. JasonS.
    Apr 12, 2007
    The game is seriously oversimplified and totally ruined much of what made Homeworld a great game.
  3. A.P.
    Sep 28, 2003
    Same graphics, same music.The difficulty is ridiculous. I loves HW1 and C. and played both games multiple times, but HW2 is a bitter disappointment.
  4. Madman
    Sep 26, 2003
    Great game... or I should say, It would be a great game... the thing is, that it's impossible to play it.. I've completed hw1 ,and cataclysm, several times.. They were difficult enough.. but this new one is now HIGHLY unfair! There should be a way to reduce the difficulty, or at least the feature to pause the game while giving orders to the squadrons, and then resume..
  5. Eron
    Apr 20, 2004
    Kinda blah after playing HW1 and HWC, nice graphics but I would have perfered if they kept the old interface and options for formations. It was an ok game but it just didnt stand out.
  6. RobC.
    Oct 14, 2003
    As a standalone game I guess hw2 would rate ok. But compared to hw1? Not a chance, where to start lets see - introduction of capture limits - inteface changes for the worse - NLIPS?? WTF screw off we don't need fighters the size of frigates on the screen - music ... really no competition for the awe-inspiring hw1 music - voice acting... the changed the voice actors... ok there. - As a standalone game I guess hw2 would rate ok. But compared to hw1? Not a chance, where to start lets see - introduction of capture limits - inteface changes for the worse - NLIPS?? WTF screw off we don't need fighters the size of frigates on the screen - music ... really no competition for the awe-inspiring hw1 music - voice acting... the changed the voice actors... ok there. - mission design... is there even a point in giving us a reason to play a mission other than to blow stuff up and receive new techonology? I MEAN COME ON. - Adaptive AI... didn't really bug me that much, but i'd rather not have an adaptive AI so I can pwnz0rz its ass later on instead of it having 2 to the X more ships than I have. - Uh what else let's see the complete lack of video/sound configuration options available in HW1 and HWC? Last but not least anyone praising the game is either not an HW1 fan or is your standard run of the mill johnny ask his mommy to buy this game cause it looks cool. - Rob out. Expand
  7. KimE.
    Sep 27, 2003
    Homeworld was one of those ground breaking Games that with out a doubt had some of the most inovative play, along with tantalizing Graphics that often time left one with the feeling of being in charge of the strike craft asault on the Death star at the end of star wars. The tech advancements, and different tactics, formations, escorting of ships, first person view, story line , MultiHomeworld was one of those ground breaking Games that with out a doubt had some of the most inovative play, along with tantalizing Graphics that often time left one with the feeling of being in charge of the strike craft asault on the Death star at the end of star wars. The tech advancements, and different tactics, formations, escorting of ships, first person view, story line , Multi player game play, just to mention a few of its many game features made it a joy play. Add to that the spin off title Cataclysm also a fun and engrossing Game with some helpful changes and enhancements. Now comes Homeworld 2: This game has some improved graphics which at first glance might not be seen that Much. However when you look at the Mothership and Strike Craft up close you can see that some one spent a great deal of time on the textures, in some cases the depth is astounding. the Mouse control is much more intuitive and for the most part easy to use. I have had trouble at times trying to get free from a Ship only to enter the movement mode, but over all a very nice Control System. I do find myself holding the Shift key down from time to time to make depth changes in my movement, But that still works so no big problems there. The Resouce gathering has been enhanced where by at the end of each Mission all resouces are gathered up for you...Allmost all...the the Collectors can now gather pieces of broken Ships, but at the end of a mission if you have not gathered these up they will be left behind. That would not be a problem Except for the fact that at the end of each mission you are instantly Hyperspaced to the next mission. Some of these pieces i'm speaking of have an RU value of over 2000 so its not a good idea to leave um behind. My major Gripes...................... The Game has a Storyline, but many of the Battles are so intense that its hard to even remember what the Story is about. and the cut scenes within the game tend to flusterate the player rather than inhance the Story line. That is to say the attacks are so rapid and intense that any distraction from your Fleet control is a major henderance, and quite often unwanted. Gone is the Ship naming that I grew use to in Homeworld, and this makes figuring out which Carrier or Destroyer or Cruiser you are having to build something with or ordering around a little less easy. Not that the single player game would give You time to name them. ........The capture System is all but useless the Ship for this Marine Frigate is treated as priority one for the Enemy. The only real use I found for these was as a diversionary action. You can send one of these around back and let the Enemy see it and they will run over anything else to get at it leaving most anything else un Guarded. A large percentage of the time even if you do get them to dock with the Ship you wish to control. they leave after the capture bar has been completed, and the Ship still belongs to the Enemy. .....If You do Capture a Ship that builds something, The Building part of the Ship is un-usable. So there is no point in Capturing a Carrier, or ShipYard. ..For me a causual game player the missions Are a bit to agravating and tough. I don't play online, unless its with a friend..so mostly the story line was what i wanted when I bought the game. If it had difficulty settings I could have played through, and then turned them up. I would have gotten my story line had some fun, and then at my leasure improved my Skill. by the time I got to Mission 5 I had forgoten what the Game was even about. and to tell You the truth even after replaying back to that level a couple of more times I still can't remember the story line. I keep coming back to this Forum Hoping that they have Patched it and placed a difficulty setting in the patch. Why?? Because i loved HW1 and Cataclysm...and really wanted to like this one. instant jump at the end of a mission.. I mean really what Starship or even Navel Admiral would just come out of a Battle and not take inventory of his Fleet, re asign Units and in general re group, and in this case regroup by asigned numbers literally....... Before jumping into another Battle. Its just not a strategically sound thing to do. and instead of adding real ness to the game it adds absurdity to it. ................. Every one needs to remember that quality control for many Game's is done by having People stay on top of the forums, and put down or slander anyone who does not agree that there game is the best........... .....I have no doubt that they will come behind this with the usual ..."well I like the tough battles, it let me prove how God like I am, but I guess there are poor players out there that can't beat games." .., .." Aw who wants to name ships anyway I did not have any problems".. ,.. " I had no problems keeping up with the storyline....I knew Luke Skywalker was Darth Vaders son"..,.. " What story!!! Kill, Maim,Destory, Hurt, Win,.....I can edit the RU and ship values"..,.. and so on and so on. ...... Expand
  8. Sep 23, 2013
    A fine game but it didnt absorbed me into its world.Still if you like the role of a space commander this game is just for you.I am more of a footsholdier, I wanna smell the blood so this game is not for me.I liked the simple controls but after a little I felt tired of the repetition.
  9. Mar 13, 2015
    In term of story , it wasn't as good as the first one , and i wasn't inspire by their fight ,,,, it's a good space simulation to challenge your skill ,,, but story wise , it's was weak ,, especially the ending , where they hint of a 3rd installment , that didn't peak my interest either ,,, all n all , not bad RTS game to pass time with

1. Game Informer
    The backgrounds are absolutely amazing, and you may find yourself studying your ships to admire their incredible detail. [Nov 2003, p.172]
  2. From its finely honed user interface to its nearly flawless campaign and PvP modes, Homeworld2 is a breath of fresh air when most games of its ilk are bogging themselves down with needless complexity.
  3. Cheat Code Central
    It can be a little slow going at times but that's because the focus is on real time strategy. The whole game is about conflict, but it goes about it in a more sophisticated way.