8.4

1. Jun 26, 2011
    An amazing game if you like the D&D style RPGs. Fantastic music, good plot, challenging and very memorable. It can be a little bit of a grind at times.
  2. Sep 16, 2013
    A fantastic game with simple controls that anyone can learn easily and play not only RPG funs.The game sticks to the basics and it does it well.It has action,fun,interesting spells,legendary magic items,majestic snow vistas,incredible epic music and more.A must for the collection of every gamer.
  3. Aug 5, 2014
    Another masterpiece from the Infinity Engine games era. Icewind Dale being the most combat based of them all, but still amazing in all other aspects. Atmospheric winter setting, fantastic music by Jeremy Soule (music from Easthaven or Kuldahar is just pure love), really good story and some of the characters had incredible voice acting. There was a little less exploration compared to Baldur's Gate here, but those combat sessions were so intense. I don't know how they achieved this, but it seemed like every fight was just on the right tip of the difficulty. When you used all your chars to their maximum abilities, it was just enough of what you needed to win that battle, no more no less. Probably the best combat balance I have ever seen and fantastic adventure on the spine of the world. 10/10 Expand

1. Bottom line is this: anyone who enjoys traditional fantasy role-playing games will love Icewind Dale.
    Anyone looking for a classic AD&D gaming experience to hold them over until "Baldur's Gate II" arrives should definitely check out Icewind Dale.
  3. Though in five years we will not look back on "Icewind Dale" as the game that changed the world, we will likely remember it as one of the most enjoyable RPGs we've had the pleasure to crack open.