Ignite PC

6.0

1. Dec 12, 2011
    It's simple. And "simple" barely translate into "bad". The game really struck me with its simplicity, a bare-bone arcade racer, that is fun, enjoyable, and feels really fast. If you're bored with the latest iterations of NFS, or looking for something that would remind you to games such as screamer and Ridge Racer, or the older (and much more awesome) NFS series Ignite will surely pleaseIt's simple. And "simple" barely translate into "bad". The game really struck me with its simplicity, a bare-bone arcade racer, that is fun, enjoyable, and feels really fast. If you're bored with the latest iterations of NFS, or looking for something that would remind you to games such as screamer and Ridge Racer, or the older (and much more awesome) NFS series Ignite will surely please you.

But if you're looking for games within the class of Dirt and Grid, ignite ain't for ya.
  2. Dec 22, 2011
    With my racing heritage in the Burnout series on the PS2 and more recently Burnout Paradise and NFS : Hot Pursuit on the PC, I wasn't sure what I was getting into with Ignite. Having just purchased for $10 in the Steam Christmas sale and seeing the game was in the 'Indie' section, I thought that any game for the price of two coffees couldn't be that bad... and I was right! Ignite isn'tWith my racing heritage in the Burnout series on the PS2 and more recently Burnout Paradise and NFS : Hot Pursuit on the PC, I wasn't sure what I was getting into with Ignite. Having just purchased for $10 in the Steam Christmas sale and seeing the game was in the 'Indie' section, I thought that any game for the price of two coffees couldn't be that bad... and I was right! Ignite isn't going to set the world on fire with stylish, Burnout-esque crash sequences or NFS : The Run narratives, but it delivers in the racing, and that's what matters. The handling of the cars takes a little getting used to (especially if you come from one of the aforementioned games), but once you do, the game is excellent fun. The graphics and the sound surpass my expectations of a $10 game, but the real treat comes from the game's core strategy mechanic. Your score increases throughout the race from various maneuvers, such as drifting, drafting or driving into the various items laid across the track. Once you reach the 1,000 point threshold, you can then trade off score for nitro boost. While this may sound like an easy decision to make, the kicker comes at the end of the race when your remaining score is deducted from your finishing time to give a final time. This can mean that even though you place further down the field in the race, with a high enough score, you can win the race anyway! It's an interesting twist that makes you careful about how you 'spend' your score during a race. I really enjoyed Ignite for the price and, as an indie title, I hope that the now the race has begun, that it continues. Expand
  3. Jan 11, 2012
    Its total arcade. If you bored of the entire new race games meta building, and looking for some hour or two of just relaxing driving its game for you. However, the game has some bad things in, i didn't find ability to turn off vibration on controller. If you like good looking surrounding like in burnout or hot pursuit, or high end modeling that game not for you. There no story at all.Its total arcade. If you bored of the entire new race games meta building, and looking for some hour or two of just relaxing driving its game for you. However, the game has some bad things in, i didn't find ability to turn off vibration on controller. If you like good looking surrounding like in burnout or hot pursuit, or high end modeling that game not for you. There no story at all. But overall great arcade, if you manage to get this game on sale for 5-7$ you wont regret it, but i wont recommended to pay full 20$ price for game, for 20$ better get hot pursuit or burnout. And this game has one surprise, its total size of the game, only 850Mb, so small, i'm wonder why that game does not have "indie" tag on steam. Expand

1. PC Gamer UK
    Jan 29, 2012
    A short burst of too easy fun at too high a price. [Feb 2012, p.93]
  2. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 20, 2012
    Nice arcade racing game should focus on improving its AI and better design of its track. For the budget price it is a good choice though. [Dec 2011]
  3. Jan 3, 2012
    If you want something quick to play on, then you could do worse than what Ignite has to offer. It's racing at its simplest, there is multiplayer, and for the price it might just be worth you checking out to see if it is your cup of tea.