• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Apr 26, 2011
6.9

1. Nov 29, 2014
    I have been flying Cliffs of Dover for well over 400 hours now and I cannot recommend it enough. If you like World War 2 history and have an interest in flight simulators, look no further: this is the game you've been waiting for. You will relive the Battle of Britain like you have never seen it before. You will find yourself crammed into a claustrophobic cockpit and fight for either theI have been flying Cliffs of Dover for well over 400 hours now and I cannot recommend it enough. If you like World War 2 history and have an interest in flight simulators, look no further: this is the game you've been waiting for. You will relive the Battle of Britain like you have never seen it before. You will find yourself crammed into a claustrophobic cockpit and fight for either the Royal Air Force, the Luftwaffe or the Regia Aeronautica Italiana. If you are an aviation buff, you will be pleased to find an impressive selection of aircraft used during the battle, even less known aircraft like the Boulton-Paul Defiant, the Supermarine Walrus, the Short Sunderland, the Dornier Do-17 or the Vickers Wellington. Of course, not all of these aircraft are flyable yet but the iconic planes like the Spitfire, Bf.109, Hurricane, G.50, Blenheim IV, Ju-88, He-111 and Br.20 can be flown. You can fly online with up to 100 people, which makes for very impressive battles with friends and foes.

The story of Il-2 Cliffs of Dover is a long and complicated one. When Ubisoft and 1C Game Studios dropped support for the game, a merry band of volunteers decided to create a free mod in order to fix the many issues Cliffs of Dover had back in the years 2011 to 2013. They became known as Team Fusion, and they keep modding CloD to this day and are slowly expanding the game to a whole new level. Sound mods, graphical fixes, performance improvement, flight model adjustment, new flyable aircraft, additional war theaters... these guys transformed this sim from the buggy-and-barely-playable-piece-of-junk mentioned in early reviews to what we have today. The difference between pre-mod and after-mod is mindblowing and it is the only way to play this game, trust me.

The strength of the game is that it is a happy medium between the complexity of a study sim like DCS and the accessibility of an arcade sim like War Thunder. You can jump into a cockpit and fly like you're really there. You need to keep your engine temperatures (oil and water radiator) in check by maintaining proper RPM and manifold pressure settings (which are controlled by prop pitch and throttle controls) that should come with any cheap joystick you can buy on the market. Just like in real life, your aircraft will be prone to stall, spin and attempt to kill you if you do certain types of manoeuvers. You will learn how to takeoff and land by maintaining proper rotation and approach speeds. You will also learn how to navigate using either a magnetic compass or a gyro compass, just like they did in the 1940's. You can also do high-altitude bombing with the real bombsight and autopilot controls if you like more advanced stuff. And if you think this stuff is too hard to learn, have no fear. There will ALWAYS be someone to explain these things to you if you ask for help. How do I know? Well, simply because I gave up on this game three times before Team Fusion finally modded the game and I asked for help on the ATAG forums (more on that later). These guys taught me everything I know and it is my pleasure to train new guys on a regular basis.

Cliffs of Dover wouldn't be where it is today if it wasn't for the efforts of Team Fusion, but I must also mention something else about CloD. There is a sense of fellowship in its online community that is unique and has no equal anywhere else. ATAG, also known as the Air Tactical Assault Group, is an online community where it all started. ATAG hosts the most popular online server and their forums are THE place to go if you want to learn how to play this game. There is a virtual Flight School where people request lessons with volunteer teachers. People can join Virtual Squadrons, discuss History, create multiplayer events, online campaigns, and have lots of fun on Teamspeak (which is a must if you want to fly online and coordinate with your fellow pilots). Whether you are a flight sim veteran or someone who has never even seen an aircraft, there is always place for you among the skies of Dover. If you like competition, you will find in multiplayer some of the finest virtual pilots with thousands of hours under their belt. If you want to learn how to fly from scratch, you will find someone to teach you the basics, from how to start your engine and get your butt off the ground to advanced techniques on how to shoot down enemy planes in flames. Guaranteed.

Overall, Cliffs of Dover is now living up to its promises and it is a real blast to fly. There is nothing more intense in the history of gaming than trying to shake that Messerschmitt off your six o' clock. The next Team Fusion patch will include (for free) a new theater, new flyable planes (among them the mighty Wellington bomber) and all sorts of new goodies. The "vanilla" and the TF mod versions are as different as night and day. Give it a try, you will not be disappointed.
  2. Nov 28, 2014
    I began playing this game after Team Fusion fixed it. Before it was unplayable, but it is a wonder. This simulator offers an enormous amount of realism, as yet unseen in a combat simulator.
    With a great Damage Model, the best in the industry as of now, and a Flight Model very realistic, you will be able to feel like a real pilot. If you are a beginner, adjust the various difficulty settings and have all the fun you want in single player Campaigns, Cooperative Campaigns, Missions and at least 3 Online Campaigns now in course.
    It is way better than Battle of Stalingrad and the DCS series, regarding multiplayer. I would give this game an eleven if I could. And it is still receiving updates and new content, for free.
  3. Dec 16, 2014
    To often we forget or perhaps never know of the history of a Sim such as IL-2. In the beginning it was a pretty rough road for the "original" IL-2 and even after numerous patches it was not until the community finally took a hand in things that improvement and the IL-2 as we know and love today came in to existence. IL-2 Cliffs of Dover is no different. Oleg's vision of a SUPER flightTo often we forget or perhaps never know of the history of a Sim such as IL-2. In the beginning it was a pretty rough road for the "original" IL-2 and even after numerous patches it was not until the community finally took a hand in things that improvement and the IL-2 as we know and love today came in to existence. IL-2 Cliffs of Dover is no different. Oleg's vision of a SUPER flight simulator which he was forced to abandon is growing through the efforts of the community and Team Fusion in particular. Is it or will it ever be perfect? No. No more than the original was or is. But IL-2 CloD has come a long way in a short time. For the price of less than a Burger and Fries and a drink, and a FREE mod from TF, you can be flying the sky's over Dover in a Spitfire or Me 109. Want to know more? Check out the ATAG (Air Tactical Attack Group) forums and learn how to participate in a great adventure. Expand
  4. Dec 28, 2014
    Great stuff, mainly thanks to Team Fusion efforts. Can't wait for next patch.

It's a great Battle of Britain sim. It was a very ambitious effort and unfortunately was abandoned by the publisher. Now thanks to fantastic work from a group of volunteers it's coming up nicely. There is a number of great single player campaigns from Desastersoft. Multiplayer offers up to one hundred
    Great stuff, mainly thanks to Team Fusion efforts. Can't wait for next patch.

There is a number of great single player campaigns from Desastersoft. Multiplayer offers up to one hundred players simultaneously on ATAG server.

It's really a shame that it was never finished according with vision of Oleg Maddox, but at least it's moddable so we will see more content. Maps and planes are on the way with new Team Fusion patch 5.0
  5. Jan 17, 2014
    Team Fusion modded game is by far the most fun, realistic, and historic combat simulator I've played (since mid 90's.) Online ATAG server is a blast.
  6. Jan 17, 2014
    After installing the Team Fusion patches this is probably the best WW2 combat sim I've ever played. The ATAG servers are fast and well managed. Highly recommended.
  7. Feb 2, 2014
    Forget Birds of Prey and World of Warplanes (where you don't even get to sit in a cockpit). Cliffs of Dover is the most realistic air combat experience available today. It has been rescued by the community and is beginning to display its true potential. Lag issues have been dealt with and many flight model and environmennt issues and effects have been fixed. Still some snags to eliminateForget Birds of Prey and World of Warplanes (where you don't even get to sit in a cockpit). Cliffs of Dover is the most realistic air combat experience available today. It has been rescued by the community and is beginning to display its true potential. Lag issues have been dealt with and many flight model and environmennt issues and effects have been fixed. Still some snags to eliminate but as a 'realistic as it gets' air combat experience it is second to none. When played on-line against other real people-pilots you will recognise some of those Autobiography experiences you have read about: in the thick of a dogfight one moment, then next you're alone in the air and feeling a tad nervous - look for friends! (there are many); watch the sun and check your six or pay the price; make the kill while your wingman protects your back. Tackle mission objectives along with your friends or just go hunting. Talk to each other on Teamspeak and organise your mission sortie with others or just follow the plan. Everyone is friendly and helpful. You can join a Squadron/Unit if you want the experience of flying in combat formations and working together. Expand
  8. Dec 4, 2013
    Like a good wine, it gets better over time. The game originally started out as, well... bad. But now, it is better than ever thanks to Team Fusion, for recreating, basically the game. The game has some of the best flight physics ever created. As a matter of fact, I cant personally explain it, you have to play it to find out. Also, It blows Microsoft Flight Simulator out of the water, WhenLike a good wine, it gets better over time. The game originally started out as, well... bad. But now, it is better than ever thanks to Team Fusion, for recreating, basically the game. The game has some of the best flight physics ever created. As a matter of fact, I cant personally explain it, you have to play it to find out. Also, It blows Microsoft Flight Simulator out of the water, When compared, Microsoft flight it horrible. Also, compared to modern based games, this has the most REALISTIC physics and flight, as I said. Even the gunnery is truly realistic! In my opinion this is the BEST flight simulator out there, mind me, but this game has gone far... and is going further! Expand
  9. Feb 14, 2014
    I don't know what this game was like at release, but after Team Fusion mods it is amazing! I've been playing War thunder and came across some footage of this game on youtube and it caught my eye.
    Great plane modelling and realism, plus amazing community with really fun online multiplayer.
    Well worth trying out.
  10. Feb 10, 2014
    Before you look at the overall score, check out the dates of the reviews. Since the Team Fusion mod has been released, this game has become a must-buy for flight sim fans. Arcade flight enthusiasts need not apply. The Team Fusion mod has drastically improved the graphics and now a 100 players in the sky is a regular occurrence on the AGAT server. Be sure to join the AGAT TeamspeakBefore you look at the overall score, check out the dates of the reviews. Since the Team Fusion mod has been released, this game has become a must-buy for flight sim fans. Arcade flight enthusiasts need not apply. The Team Fusion mod has drastically improved the graphics and now a 100 players in the sky is a regular occurrence on the AGAT server. Be sure to join the AGAT Teamspeak community who will assist you with Team Fusion patch process and help you learn how to do complex engine management. Until you learn how to keep your radiator coolant temperatures low while trying to compete, expect to overheat your engine to the point of frustration. However, the AGAT community is mature and helpful. Yesterday, they even set-up a New Pilots Flight Academy whereby veteran pilots arrange a time to help you at whatever skill level you are at, including beginners who want to learn how to start their engine. If you have the patience, the time, and proper gear, you should be up and flying competently after a few days. However, understand that some of the veteran pilots who have been into flight sims for 10-15 years are in the skies, too, and they may be on the other team. More than anything, I am impressed with the friendly, mature helpful attitude of the AGAT pilots. No one on the AGAT servers is going to act disrespectfully towards you. It is an inviting, helpful, and friendly community of pilots who all want to help you improve so everyone can enjoy the game. Expand
  11. Mar 22, 2013
    Worth another look. With the Team Fusion Mod the game now has a bright furture with many of the original game's problems being addressed and new content being introduced.
  12. Oct 15, 2014
    This is the best WWII combat flight sim out there at present..BAR NONE...It is the most complete WWII fighter pilot experience you will get....I have tried other WWII flight sims on the market and they are all very arcade like...This is the REAL DEAL...I have flown this sim over 1200 hours and I am still amazed at how real it feels, how good the landscape looks, the flight characteristics,This is the best WWII combat flight sim out there at present..BAR NONE...It is the most complete WWII fighter pilot experience you will get....I have tried other WWII flight sims on the market and they are all very arcade like...This is the REAL DEAL...I have flown this sim over 1200 hours and I am still amazed at how real it feels, how good the landscape looks, the flight characteristics, the damage models, it is breathtaking!

When this sim originally came out it had flaws that put a lot of people off and gave bad reviews on sites like this. Unfortunately this has marred what is now quite literaly a brilliant sim. Its taken a while but for those of us who gave this sim a second chance we have not been disapointed. For that reason I feel that I should make people aware of what they are missing if they don't get this game, but don't take my word for it..checkout the recent youtube videos..

The online experience is probably the best part of this game...To fight in the skies over Kent and the Pas-de-Calais in real time, scan the skies for enemy contacts, wing with a buddy and engage a deadly foe, it is exhilarating. You can change your shells to whatever shells were available at the time, you can change convergence settings so that your bullets hit exactly the same point, you fuel up to what amount you need which will influence your aircrafts balance and weight. The dogfight tactics are still the same from 1940, the flight characteristics are different for each aircraft and at different altitudes too....You can also fly bomber runs in 1940 bombers and take control of every manned gunning position as you try to fend off hungry attackers.

Even for new players there is plenty of help on youtube with 5 minute startup procedures, and how to dogfight in every flyable aircraft, you can be up and flying in just a few minutes. The best online server is ATAGS and they also have a website to checkout which is a must for new flyers with questions. Most importantly a large group of WWII aircraft enthusiast programmers have taken this sim and are constantly modifying it for a more complete experience. They are called Team Fusion (TF) and they also use the ATAGS website as their base for discussion. The issues that once surrounded this game have now been resolved and the TF are now dedicating their time to making game enhancing changes like contrails and reflective cockpit canopys. Thats where this sim is at now.

So my advice is to ignore any review earlier than 2013 as Cliffs Of Dover is as different now to when it was released as night and day and is nowhere near comparable with those early reviews.

Lew
  13. Feb 17, 2014
    Very nice!

This simulator is very good in 2011 was full of problems, but today is really cool.

Muito bom!

Esse simulador é muito bom, em 2011 era cheio de problemas, mas hoje está muito legal.
  14. Oct 9, 2014
    Disaster on release, now almost entirely fixed by modders group Team Fusion. Some fantastic user made campaigns and flying online is an absolute blast!
  15. Oct 8, 2014
    OH BOY! I'm writing this with all of the "Team Fusion" patches included up to 4.312 and in great anticipation of patch 5 with the Mediterranean theater update. Even when it was a lemon out of the box I was one of the lucky ones who didn't have too many problems with it but then when the Team Fusion people started work on it it kept improving by leaps and bounds every patch. Flashes inOH BOY! I'm writing this with all of the "Team Fusion" patches included up to 4.312 and in great anticipation of patch 5 with the Mediterranean theater update. Even when it was a lemon out of the box I was one of the lucky ones who didn't have too many problems with it but then when the Team Fusion people started work on it it kept improving by leaps and bounds every patch. Flashes in smoke trails sparks on hits unreal damage models and great cockpit function. If an enemy is over your base it's a real nerve wracking chore just getting your Daimler Benz started...Bf 109. Flight can be on the difficult side sometimes...Manual prop pitch in dog fights can get hairy but you learn. Your guns sound amazing btw! Flight models are the best in my opinion and you have access to hundreds of custom skins online. I can see COD improving and improving still as time goes on with other theaters and aircraft. Get a copy it's not expensive and go to the ATAG stite for info about Team Fusion and the patches you won't be disappointed. Expand
  16. Nov 15, 2014
    01.Background/Reference.
    Late forties, commercial pilot.
    Played ´em all since Afterburner on Amiga, lately the complete il2 series, CloD*TF, ROF, BoS, DCS. 02. Forget about the rightly disappointed reviews from 2011. Ever since Team Fusion made their patches, this game rocks. The FM,DM, Graphics, Versatility (Coop, SP, MP, technical details ect), very good. Cockpits the best
    01.Background/Reference.
    Late forties, commercial pilot.

02. Forget about the rightly disappointed reviews from 2011.

Ever since Team Fusion made their patches, this game rocks.

Cockpits the best there are atm I think.

MP: a 10
    SP: I am using Desastersoft add ons, a 8 for me.
    Out of the box SP I would give an 7, because of faulty AI.

Still good for many hours of play eventough I have the game 2 years. Thumbs up!
  17. tvr
    Nov 16, 2014
    Currently, the number one flight simulator WWII. Initial mistakes over the years disrobe. Has become a mature game. Class with the largest online community. Development of Nvidia graphics with vga perfect. The flight model is developed to model the weapons. The ground damage model is not perfect.
  18. Mar 21, 2013
    With the arrival of Team Fusion patch this week (Go to the ATAG forums) which addressed:

- Netcode - Atmospheric issues now flying and fighting occurs to altitude (10Km) - Contrails - Specular glint off canopies Flight model performance - A host of other bugs and fixes including optimization of code This is the absolute best propeller simulation you can fly. More immersive

- Netcode
    - Atmospheric issues now flying and fighting occurs to altitude (10Km)
    - Contrails
    - Specular glint off canopies Flight model performance
    - A host of other bugs and fixes including optimization of code

This is the absolute best propeller simulation you can fly. More immersive and detailed than even Rise of Flight. GUI is still a bit primitive in areas but what flight sims have ever had great gui's?

This sim like all others, requires tweaking to get the most out of it. Ton of undocumented features. Stop by theairtacticalassaultgroup.com for help and tips.
  19. Mar 22, 2013
    Thanks to a user-made patch this game is finally living up to it's promise as one of the most in-depth, beautiful and detailed WW2 combat flight simulators. The game has a small, but very solid and knowledgeable player base, many of whom are long time simmers who will be familiar to anyone who has played previous incarnations o games wearing the IL2 name. Most performance issues are nowThanks to a user-made patch this game is finally living up to it's promise as one of the most in-depth, beautiful and detailed WW2 combat flight simulators. The game has a small, but very solid and knowledgeable player base, many of whom are long time simmers who will be familiar to anyone who has played previous incarnations o games wearing the IL2 name. Most performance issues are now resolved. The game looks stunning and the potential for further refinement of this game is being realised thanks to the efforts of the customers who have invested their own time in fixing what was largely broken when it came out of the box.. Expand
  20. Aug 6, 2013
    The major bugs are gone and Team Fusion is working on the small details. If you buy make sure to go to the ATAG Team Fusion website and get their patches after you get the latest official patch. The game is brilliant now with just a few more small issues (wish someone would make a proper dynamic campaign, etc.). If you love WW2 pure flight simulation, you will love this now with all theThe major bugs are gone and Team Fusion is working on the small details. If you buy make sure to go to the ATAG Team Fusion website and get their patches after you get the latest official patch. The game is brilliant now with just a few more small issues (wish someone would make a proper dynamic campaign, etc.). If you love WW2 pure flight simulation, you will love this now with all the patches and proper hardware, of course. Expand
  21. May 23, 2011
    Very realistic, accurate and graphically intense, within some month will be the best flight simulator on the market as Oleg (lead dev) has a great history on supporting his product years after the release.
  22. Mar 21, 2013
    Team Fusions patch has improved this sim 200%. The graphics are clean, the FM are amazing, and the glinting off the planes in the distance is just incredible. TF has definitley resurrected this game......
  23. Apr 27, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a fly simulator WWII with great realism, terribly volatile models and model life will leave you speechless ..
    There is a small problem but bugs that will be overcome very quickly with the next update to prepare.
  24. Feb 8, 2013
    I obtained the simulator long after it's release (During late 2012), and I assure there are no bugs left. It's now the most accurate and advanced dogfight simulator available. The flight model is just as reality, the graphics are stunning (though, I currently possess a highly expensive Nvidia graphics card), the IA flies even better than real humans and the scenery is incredibly realistic.I obtained the simulator long after it's release (During late 2012), and I assure there are no bugs left. It's now the most accurate and advanced dogfight simulator available. The flight model is just as reality, the graphics are stunning (though, I currently possess a highly expensive Nvidia graphics card), the IA flies even better than real humans and the scenery is incredibly realistic. The only thing I find annoying of this game is the lack of playable planes. Basically, the only fighters which are flyable are the Bf.110, the Bf.109, the Spitfire and the Hurricane (in lots of variants, of course). IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover recreates the WWII dogfights as never seen before. If you are planning to buy a Dogfights Simulator, don't even think in wasting your money on a modern war game, Cliffs of Dover is way more realistic. It doesn't matter if you want a modern war simulator, spend your money on a REAL simulator. (Also, never forget that the WWII Dogfights are the funniest and toughest ones!) Expand
  25. Mar 21, 2013
    The newest unofficial Community Patch is here and has greatly improved all around.

FM improvement, Graphics, Frame Rates...

26. Jul 21, 2011
    Alright look at my date of review compared to everyone else. THEY FIXED MOST ISSUES. Never crashed on me, run everything on high smoothly, no sound problems and most of all its just such an awesome game. Everything is just so amazing and real. Huge multiplayer matches, intense heart pounding action. Really this game is just amazing. Sure it needs a few tweaks here and there but they areAlright look at my date of review compared to everyone else. THEY FIXED MOST ISSUES. Never crashed on me, run everything on high smoothly, no sound problems and most of all its just such an awesome game. Everything is just so amazing and real. Huge multiplayer matches, intense heart pounding action. Really this game is just amazing. Sure it needs a few tweaks here and there but they are working on it, patch after patch, and such a dramatic performance improvement. This game is a 10 no doubt. But i warn everyone, when i say realistic i mean it! I was on a server and 10 "kids" complained because they didnt know how to start the engine. Mixture, Prop, fuel **** and much more is applied to start the engine! It is one intense, fun, and serious game all in one. I really hope people will buy this game because it really isn't a let down, if you read others they still love the game even when it did have all the crashes. Its just THAT good Collapse
  27. May 30, 2011
    Simply the best flight simulator since Il-2 1946. It is currently plagued with technical issues and thus require a high end machine to play. I was playing on an AMD 3800+ with two GTX460 and it was playable over the water only. I had been playing it mostly as a sim with full engine management so when it is fully ready for massive online battles I will be ready for the full realism servers.Simply the best flight simulator since Il-2 1946. It is currently plagued with technical issues and thus require a high end machine to play. I was playing on an AMD 3800+ with two GTX460 and it was playable over the water only. I had been playing it mostly as a sim with full engine management so when it is fully ready for massive online battles I will be ready for the full realism servers. Now I have an i7 2600k and it plays well even at 5170x1050. I know it will only get better just as 1946 did. Please be patient; I know that's hard for gamers :-) Expand
  28. May 21, 2011
    The sim was playable from the day one on my pretty old machine (e8400, 4GB, GTX260, Win7 @1920x1200 med settings), anyway, devs are working 12h per day 7 days per week to resolve bugs and performance issue.
    The flight model is awesome, it's more precise and accurate compared to IL-2 1946 even if it's not a revolution, the rest of the sim are amazingly accurate, all the aircraft, vehicles and object are maniacally reproduced down to the smallest part, gears suspensions, bombs drooping behavior, damage model... all feels incredibly realistic.
    The graphics is just jaw dropping, the **** shadows are spectacular... sorry, I can't describe, check screenshot or vids.
    Oleg's team will continue to fix bug, improve and add new features and content even years after the release as it was with past IL-2 Sturmovic titles, and there are some of which we already know, megatexture, DX11, SDK...
  29. May 21, 2011
    Need some optimization but it's the best flight sim on the market!
    On my PC it run very smooth @ 1920*1200 all settings maxed out. e8500@ 3.6GHz
    nForce 790i Ultra
    4GB DDR3
    GTX 570
  30. Mar 10, 2012
    Game is fantastic. Its only drawback is its limited amount of content. Its somewhat limited in how many planes there are, and that you can fly. But graphics, realism and physics are excellent. I am truly hoping for an expansion, or DLC on this one. I highly recommend it to simulation fans. But you need a beasty PC to enjoy it to the fullest. Nothing like flying in a formation of 50+Game is fantastic. Its only drawback is its limited amount of content. Its somewhat limited in how many planes there are, and that you can fly. But graphics, realism and physics are excellent. I am truly hoping for an expansion, or DLC on this one. I highly recommend it to simulation fans. But you need a beasty PC to enjoy it to the fullest. Nothing like flying in a formation of 50+ bombers, manning a gunner seat, and being attacked by an equal number of enemy fighters. Plus any escort fighters. The mission editor is great, and you can build just about any mission you like. Again, the only limitation is the in the number of planes in the game, its not as many as it should be, and that you cant pilot all of them. I really do hope they expand on this game, because otherwise its fantastic. The graphics are what I have been waiting for in flight sims for a long time. Most of the bad reviews are from IL2 fans, who are disappointed in the lower amount of content compared to previous games. I can understand that. But this game is also different then previous IL2 games, theres a lot more detail. So theres more work involved in adding that content, and its more pressure on your system to manage all the extra stuff. I have a quad core, maxed out with goodies, and this game pushes it to the limit, as it is. The weather generator is insane, even though its a bit buggy. I still say this is one of the best flight sims, over all, in a very long time. The game creator says they are still working on this game, and more stuff is coming, and fixes will happen. I sure hope they keep that promise. A check for videos on Youtube will give you a look at the graphics of this game.. Expand
  31. Jul 21, 2011

1. Mar 11, 2014
    Il-2 Cliffs of Dover is full of hidden potential, but due to a disastrous amount of bugs, design decisions and totally unfinished features it remains well hidden. The project failed to deliver on the promises and was finally abandoned – but not by modders. And that, my friends, is why this could still become someone's finest hour. [Dec 2013]
  2. Oct 2, 2011
    A successor to the legendary combat flight simulator video game insults its name and its fans by its state of the released version. The game can be partly forgiven for the upcoming revisions that are to improve its gaming experience. I dare say this game is going to be truly great in the following year. Unfortunately, now it's suitable only for those lovers that are patient and loyal to the combat flight simulator games.
  3. Sep 6, 2011
    There's one hell of a game in there, trying to escape. And I think, given the responsiveness and the past track record of the development team and the plans that lie ahead in the next few months, that escape will soon occur.