Imperial Glory PC

8.4

1. JamieS.
    May 29, 2005
    A very pretty game. Both better AND worse than Rome total war. The province overview is not quite as good; there's less you can do and it's too abstracted; it jars with the realism of the battle view. However, the battles are BETTER than total war. Whereas total wars' terrain is flat and uninteresting, glory's is just plain beautiful - in fact the best I've seen, A very pretty game. Both better AND worse than Rome total war. The province overview is not quite as good; there's less you can do and it's too abstracted; it jars with the realism of the battle view. However, the battles are BETTER than total war. Whereas total wars' terrain is flat and uninteresting, glory's is just plain beautiful - in fact the best I've seen, it's fun just to look at the trees and windmills etc. Overall, I rate it slightly higher than Total war. Don't miss it. Ignore the naysayers - a lot of them seem to already be total war converts; but I don't see any reason why there should just be ONE good RTS (One to rule them all???) This one's a peach ! Expand
  2. Vladimir
    May 31, 2005
    I love it. The graphics are great. You've got 3 games in one (management, RTS and naval battles) and it makes me feel like a real general of that age. Great work.
  3. ObamaB
    Apr 8, 2009
    IG is definitely a great game after playing it in my spare time. Very enjoyable and educational all the same. I started playing the demo a while back and got the game. Rome TW was lacking naval battles, which led me to pick IG instead. In my views, ETW aka Empire Total War is a remake of IG only to be a bug ridden game from the install process. I've never came across a game with so IG is definitely a great game after playing it in my spare time. Very enjoyable and educational all the same. I started playing the demo a while back and got the game. Rome TW was lacking naval battles, which led me to pick IG instead. In my views, ETW aka Empire Total War is a remake of IG only to be a bug ridden game from the install process. I've never came across a game with so much bugs as ETW has at launch. IG brings me lots of joy and I'm thrilled to play IG instead of the buggy ETW. Eidos was ahead of CA in many ways. Expand
  4. Bob
    May 22, 2005
    Wow, this game is amazing. Much better than Rome Total War - but without the big marketing budget they had - so by all accounts, this title will be a huge sleeper hit. Amazing graphics, deep gameplay, seriously deep strategic gameplay system, and absolutely breathtaking realtime combat. The sea battles are far better than Pirates! and very well done. This is a AAA title, and a GOTY candidate!
    May 20, 2005
    Graphics surpase RTW 10000 times!! Great gameplay as well!
  6. Ano
    Jul 10, 2005
    It's clear that the ratings from the different game sites and magazines (the mass) differ a lot. It's also clear that the user ratings are much higher than the mass gives. In the reviews the game is way too much compared with RTW. Many times is being said that this game isn't as good as RTW (graphically and gameplay) so it automatically gets a low grade. First of all, the It's clear that the ratings from the different game sites and magazines (the mass) differ a lot. It's also clear that the user ratings are much higher than the mass gives. In the reviews the game is way too much compared with RTW. Many times is being said that this game isn't as good as RTW (graphically and gameplay) so it automatically gets a low grade. First of all, the graphics are much much better than RTW. Lay two screenshots of both games next to eachother, and you have the proof. Secondly, the gameplay the game has has much more potentional than the mass says. At first it might be a bit boring, but later in the game, when you have access to more things to develop and build, you will understand the true power of this game. Also, the mass says the battles are too slow, while the community more complains that they are too fast and wishes this to be fixed in a patch (I myself don't really care.) So it's better to trust the 9+ the users have given. And of course, this game has playable naval battles, which RTW doesn't have. I would give this game 3 points more than RTW, but unfortunatelly you don't go higher than a 10... If you plan to buy the game, but first want to try the demo, take note that Pyro could have done a much better job on the demo, because it's a tenth as good as the full game!! Expand
  7. LouisP.
    Sep 13, 2005
    A good game to replace cossaks, kinda da same thing if u no what I mean. apart from da graphics and stuff, this games like rome total war, kinda.
  8. JonathanOWEN
    May 22, 2005
    Beautiul graphics and even better gameplay. The best game I have played for a long time
  9. AdamM.
    May 25, 2005
    Badass game, can't pull away from thye computer.
  10. Andres
    May 28, 2005
    The battles (sea and land) can be greatly improved with a patch. The rest of the game is excellent. I only hope I am rating the game as is and not what it could be.
  11. SWleader
    May 31, 2005
    Great game, visuals of the terrain are better then total war. The management of your empire is far better then total war. If you like the total war series, you will love this. Overall a better game.
  12. Chimp
    May 30, 2005
    What jamie S. said is true if you are interested in simplicity and graphics. this game actually has a more detailed and better province overview, but the battles are pathetically unrealistic and buggy. the terrain might look nicer, but for most strategy gamers, especially total war fans who have been playing since shogun, a good battle system is better than some nice graphics.
  13. RobP.
    Sep 22, 2005
    I have most RTS. I have won them all. I just bought this game and started to play it. I can say this about it the commands they yell are dead accurate which adds to the game. So far pretty good.
  14. MikeW.
    Aug 13, 2007
    I like Total War but i wouldn't want to compare this game to it, Imperial Glory is very different. Its mutli-level gaming at its best and to be honest the guys at Total War should really have a look and take some of the ideas from this to improve their own great line of games!
  15. DanielC.
    Dec 17, 2005
    I thought this game was completely amazing. The graphics were incredible, the land battles were supreme, and I believe that Rome Total War is a load of crap compared to this. The game has great land and naval battles, and you truly cannot get bored of it. I would advise anyone in the world to buy this game. You wont regret it!
  16. CraigS.
    Dec 23, 2005
    The game was abosultely amazing. The abttles left me gobsmacked, and I enjoyed it so much more than Rome Total War. I think that game should be burnt, and that the naval battles of Imperial Glory take over the rubbish of Rome.
  17. SteveW.
    Dec 23, 2005
    Absolutely gobsmacking. Buy it as soon as you can!
  18. Giskard
    May 22, 2005
    Not as good as the total war series for battle tactics but 1000 better for strategy. Oh and its very pretty too for you all graphics fans :)
  19. AntPalmeri
    May 22, 2005
    Superb presentation and very fulfilling gameplay. I have been on this work of art all day since buying it this morning. A stunningly realised game. IMHO superior to Rome Total war.
  20. TasteeC.
    Mar 18, 2006
    Yes nice game wowy omg neat'o awsome i love it i love playing it.
  21. RobC.
    Nov 27, 2005
    I just finished Rome Total War and am getting to know Imperial Glory. Both are great games although there are a few Imperial Glory bugs I'm hoping will be patched soon. Unit selection in Rome Total War is a little more diverse making the land battles a more enjoyable and I find the ranged unit fighting and fortress storming more realistic than Imperial Glory. Imperial Glory does I just finished Rome Total War and am getting to know Imperial Glory. Both are great games although there are a few Imperial Glory bugs I'm hoping will be patched soon. Unit selection in Rome Total War is a little more diverse making the land battles a more enjoyable and I find the ranged unit fighting and fortress storming more realistic than Imperial Glory. Imperial Glory does allow units to take and hold buildings on the battlefield and the graphics are a little crisper. Imperial Glory has really good interactive sea battles where as Rome Total War does not. Diplomacy plays a greater role in Imperial Glory. I think strategic war game fans will enjoy both games. Expand
  22. Dec 7, 2015
    Campaign: 10/10

Real-time battles are nothing out of the ordinary, but the campaign mode is very addicting. Don't let the lack of nations scare you, there are dozens of ways to beat the campaign.
  23. Jun 7, 2014
    The perfect real time strategy. It really puts you in a leadership position. You can can manage everything, (economy, commerce, combat, conquest, diplomacy, reaserch, ideologies, production, and intelligence. An excellent geo political challenge.

1. The implementation of controllable sea battles and the interactive environments certainly develops the gameplay of the combat RTS sub-genre and it’s sure to be a feature that a certain developer called Creative Assembly will be looking out for.
  2. The encouraging thing about IG's niggles is that they're patchable. In a few months players should be positioning troops with confidence and dispensing orders on a far more regular basis. Without these improvements, however, IG will remain annoying and silly. [PC Gamer UK]
  3. The next best thing to attending a real world military college.