5.4

1. Feb 20, 2013
    Inspired by dungeon keeper but has his own unique genre and style. Don't expect Impire to be a dungeon keeper clone, If you like the mixes of Strategy, RPG and dungeon management game, you should play it! Yeah, the game is not perfect but if you take time to learn how to play this game, this could be a lot of fun. My score should be 8/10, but I put a 10/10 only to compensate a little toInspired by dungeon keeper but has his own unique genre and style. Don't expect Impire to be a dungeon keeper clone, If you like the mixes of Strategy, RPG and dungeon management game, you should play it! Yeah, the game is not perfect but if you take time to learn how to play this game, this could be a lot of fun. My score should be 8/10, but I put a 10/10 only to compensate a little to all ridiculous troll and too absurd low score. Again, it's not a dungeon keeper clone, don't hope for it, you should try it totally in mind to be a different kind of a game. For an Indie dev, and 20$ buck, it's a good game. Expand
  2. Feb 15, 2013
    One of the most atmospheric dungeon-based games I played,
    the graphic style, the mood, the neat sound effects all add nicely :-)
    You can, for example, zoom the 3d-view out until you get a top-down map like view with different symbols for your rooms, if you hover the mouse over these room symbols a new window suddenly apears and shows whats going on in these rooms. In good old rpg-
    One of the most atmospheric dungeon-based games I played,
    the graphic style, the mood, the neat sound effects all add nicely :-)

In good old rpg- style you can upgrade and level your units, grow your avatar with things like bigger wings, stronger claws and later branch out into the mage, commander or warrior path with different visualisations :-)

And one more point to add: the developers are very active in communicating with their player base and listening at their wishes in the forums!

To sum it up, great game, please deliver more content
  3. Feb 19, 2013
    Got this game about 3 hours ago loving it so far, funny as hell and a direct descendant of dungeon keeper 1 and 2 at least in spirit, well worth the E19.99 on Steam, its visually a very attractive game, plots hilarious dialogue even more so and like the other guys said the voice acting is superb, all in all givin a 9 just for the sheer fun im having with my lil blue devil!!!! if you likedGot this game about 3 hours ago loving it so far, funny as hell and a direct descendant of dungeon keeper 1 and 2 at least in spirit, well worth the E19.99 on Steam, its visually a very attractive game, plots hilarious dialogue even more so and like the other guys said the voice acting is superb, all in all givin a 9 just for the sheer fun im having with my lil blue devil!!!! if you liked Dungeon keeper or theme hospital or anything like that you'll love this!!! Expand
  4. Feb 27, 2013
    When i have read couple of reviews here i had to comment. This game is NOT a dungeon keeper clone. It actually has nothing similar to dungeon keeper. If you want a dungeon keeper clone, play Dwarfs which is amazing. This game is different, basically. It's a RTS game with some interesting features. Campaign is fun, humor is amazing. It is especially compelling to the people with goodWhen i have read couple of reviews here i had to comment. This game is NOT a dungeon keeper clone. It actually has nothing similar to dungeon keeper. If you want a dungeon keeper clone, play Dwarfs which is amazing. This game is different, basically. It's a RTS game with some interesting features. Campaign is fun, humor is amazing. It is especially compelling to the people with good knowledge of metal bands, movies and music in general. For me it was hilarious! I see that people are having a problem with enemies showing everywhere which is not true. They announce themselves via ladders that are present in your dungeon (which you can destroy). If you are not quick they will mess you up!Here is an interesting micromanagement of units which is always fun. When ladders start coming down, you have no other choice but build a nice passageways with a lot of traps. So expanding your dungeon is based on DEFENSE because you can teleport your troops through your dungeon. You have to wait with raiding because you don't know when enemy wave is coming and this is only in first few missions! And i gave 10/10 to compensate for rage on the game by other reviewers. Also i saw no bugs, or anything. Game runs smoothly. It is 19e game, so it is fair to try it. I find it fun. Generaly i would give it 8/10 because of the hud which is too small IMHO and unpractical. I believe that using the kitchen to feed your armies will be improved in future patches. It is a minor thing. Expand
  5. Feb 17, 2013
    The cutscenes are full of humor and very funny, the levels seems to be same but got different and not so boring quests. It is very fun to build and upgrade your dungeon, place traps, manage your monsters.

There are many complains about some crashes bugs. I have tested this game on an old laptop: Acer aspire 5740G i7 640m 2.6 GHz, 4 GB RAM, ATI 5650 mobility HD, and new desktop PC: i5 3.4 GHz, 8 GB RAM, GTX660TI and the game works perfectly without any bugs or crashes. In my laptop I even have Windows8, and the game still works without any problems.

The only few problems I found with the game is:
    1. Squads sometimes attack ladders and sometimes not after teleporting them near enemy ladder.
    2. Squad sometimes go to different location and not where I ordered them to go.
  6. Feb 15, 2013
    True to the genre, plus some very nice RP perks. Those that are familiar with Dungeon Keeper will see it as a direct, and welcome, addition to the genre.
  7. Feb 15, 2013
    This game brings back fantastic memories of playing Dungeon keeper 2. its simple enough to grasp, and intuitive enough to get you thinking. Great graphics and awesome voice acting abound. Gameplay is smooth and defined. no issues here. having a blast!
  8. Feb 15, 2013
    This game is a very solid example of what this genre has to offer. The game can be quite humerus at times as well. The graphics are surprisingly good for a small development studio. I would definitely recommend this game to anyone who is on the fence and is interested in simulation/economy games with a twist.
  9. Feb 16, 2013
    I don't typically write online reviews, for anything really. Which is odd, because I use them all the time. But, when I saw some of the negative reviews for Impire, I felt compelled to chime in. There is nothing to NOT like about this game. First off, the dialogue is absolutely hilarious! I watched Force Strategy Gaming's "First 40" Youtube video of this title, and found myself laughingI don't typically write online reviews, for anything really. Which is odd, because I use them all the time. But, when I saw some of the negative reviews for Impire, I felt compelled to chime in. There is nothing to NOT like about this game. First off, the dialogue is absolutely hilarious! I watched Force Strategy Gaming's "First 40" Youtube video of this title, and found myself laughing out loud several times at the outrageous and "naughty" dialogue. Priceless, really. And not only that, it is delivered expertly, and with aplomb. A nice change of pace from the stilted disasters that pass for voice acting nowadays... even in some triple A titles. Second, I game on a laptop (Macbook Pro Retina 15"), so not a gaming powerhouse by any stretch, and this game runs like butter.... No, not down my chin, but smoothly! Third, the graphics and animations are some of the best I've seen in quite some time. Although, I don't play first person shooters, which tend to be the standard bearers in this area, so take that with a grain of salt. Your standards may be (and in all likelihood, probably are) higher than my own. And finally (and most importantly in my mind), IT'S GENUINELY FUN! All in all, playing it has been time very well spent, in my opinion. You could certainly blow twenty bucks on something much less rewarding. Give it a go, you won't regret it. Expand
  10. Feb 18, 2013
    All little buggy, but a very fun game! I like Baal, he’s cute :)
    It’s definitely not a Dungeon Keeper-like (but anyway, I did not hear the developer or the publisher say it was). It’s more a RTS with lots of management.
  11. Feb 20, 2013
    This is a good game... Yes it need improvement but all the people who's whine about the fact this is not DK are just haters and should make a game by them self just to have exactly what they are waiting for! I'm giving a 10 just to be fair with them, against all those 0 or 1. They shouldn't trash someone else work like this, this is impressive how the devs remains calm. I'll be glad to seeThis is a good game... Yes it need improvement but all the people who's whine about the fact this is not DK are just haters and should make a game by them self just to have exactly what they are waiting for! I'm giving a 10 just to be fair with them, against all those 0 or 1. They shouldn't trash someone else work like this, this is impressive how the devs remains calm. I'll be glad to see them react to a customer like them at their job. Expand
  12. Apr 4, 2013
    I really enjoyed playing this game, I'm not sure why everyone else is rating it so low. Impire was really fun in my opinion, and I would recommend it to anyone who liked dungeon keeper.

1. Jun 10, 2013
    A charming strategy, with pleasant gameplay, some original ideas and humorous wackiness. A must have for old friends of Dungeon Keeper. [April 2013]
  2. May 7, 2013
    A game similar to Dungeon Keeper but worse in every aspect. [CD-Action 05/2013, p.76]
  3. Apr 15, 2013
    Impire would be below average strategy game in the spirit on Dungeon Keeper, but thanks to really awful, long-winded and unfunny attempts of humour, it becomes something much, much worse. [Apr 2013]