In Between PC

8.3

1. Sep 3, 2015
    If you are at least a bit into puzzle platformers, you definitely HAVE to play this! This is the best puzzle platformer since Braid!

I played the beta on gamescom 2013 and was hooked from the very first minute. The game is never too easy and never too hard. There is an "a-ha!" moment in almost all levels and it always feels very rewarding once you have finished another one. I remember playing for over an hour on gamescom.

Looking back, it is amazing how much time the developers put into polishing the game until its release in august 2015 as it was already very fun in 2013.

The game has a great story and an awesome english & german speaker including subtitles in other languages. Also, it is VERY polished and you will immediately notice that after playing the first 3-4 levels. Except for a small sound bug, i encountered no other bugs during my playthrough. And the sound bug has been fixed by the developers after they noticed it.

Oh and also: THE ENDING IS AWESOME(!). If my girlfriend hadn't been sitting right next to me, i would have shed a tear or two once the credits started. ;)

So what are you waiting for?! Play the game already! There is even a demo available!
  2. Apr 2, 2016
    I don't know how GameStar review says the level design is too difficult. Probably written by a complete imbecile.
    Not a huge puzzle game fan myself, I've completed it no problem -- in 3 hours.

Brilliant topic and delivery, great gameplay mechanics are introduced all THROUGHOUT the game. Even until the very end.

1. games(TM)
    Oct 25, 2015
    It delivers a touching story and wraps it around a compelling puzzle platformer. [Issue#166, p.99]
  2. Sep 21, 2015
    The serious theme is very well connected with the puzzle elements, but it definitely lacks lots of fine tuning.
  3. Sep 7, 2015
    As a puzzle game In Between is good, as dark story about accepting death it is a lot better. But, especially the way in which these two elements come together is the glue that makes this game amazing.