8.4

1. Sep 24, 2012
    An excellent "open sandbox" space simulation. The storyline starts quite classic, but it doesn't bring the games down anytime. The graphics were goods when it came out, and aged quite well, simples but efficient. Music is good and fits very well the atmosphere, sounds meets what we ask them. Don't expect to play this game without a joystick, but with one the controls are amazing. All theAn excellent "open sandbox" space simulation. The storyline starts quite classic, but it doesn't bring the games down anytime. The graphics were goods when it came out, and aged quite well, simples but efficient. Music is good and fits very well the atmosphere, sounds meets what we ask them. Don't expect to play this game without a joystick, but with one the controls are amazing. All the interface works awesome : straight to the core. Physics, dynamics of combat, random attacks and piracy make the world very lively. All you could ask could be random events, and some are quite brought by storyline. There's some addons out there, some very little but which will improve the game a lot (like location finder, you'll understand if you play the game), and some extends the game playtime a lot, like freeform. I'm still looking for a space-sim game to be that good since then. A must have for any fan of the genre. Expand
  2. Jul 19, 2012
    Just the best space simulation I've ever played!
    A true spatial simulation with Newtonian physics, if we advance (it takes just as driven to start a reverse return in the opposite direction)
    History is basic but really nice. Even today, it is graphically good, dynamic combat, HUD & LDS, a system of trade and construction, customizable and ships with "Torn Stars" fan addon make it the
    Just the best space simulation I've ever played!
    History is basic but really nice.
    Even today, it is graphically good, dynamic combat, HUD & LDS, a system of trade and construction, customizable and ships with "Torn Stars" fan addon make it the best spatial simulation of all time.
    Try him !

Community site: http://www.i-war2.com/
    "Torn Stars" fan addon site: http://www.torn-stars.com/

1. My problem with I-War 2 is its vertical learning curve...Combat is brutal and fleeting — some dogfights ended in my destruction just scant seconds after the first shot was fired.
  2. The attention to detail is extremely high, the Direct 3D graphics are fantastic, and the story is worth pursuing. [Jan 2002, p.106]
  3. If you're a hardcore space simmer, you won't find better out there - it really is as simple as that. The sheer depth of the thing combined with the freeform universe, gorgeous graphics and near-perfect physics engine means you could play this non-stop for weeks and just not get bored.