• Publisher: Atari
  • Release Date: Oct 2, 2005
8.3

1. Jan 2, 2011
    In short, this game is a steaming pile of crap. Don't buy it. It relies on the (theoretically) interesting concept of making you perform every mundane in-game action either by doing a combination of button-presses, or by playing a game of "simon." This unfortunately gets sour very quickly, becoming at best monotonous, and at worst downright punishing as you'll be forced to replay the sameIn short, this game is a steaming pile of crap. Don't buy it. It relies on the (theoretically) interesting concept of making you perform every mundane in-game action either by doing a combination of button-presses, or by playing a game of "simon." This unfortunately gets sour very quickly, becoming at best monotonous, and at worst downright punishing as you'll be forced to replay the same segments of the game over and over again, without any way to skip through the (occasionally lengthy) in-game cutscenes. As other reviewers have mentioned, using a gamepad is absolutely necessary to properly control this game, however even with the correct control device, it's still an awful game. Additionally, the story takes a dump during the last 1/3 of the game and finishes in such an anticlimactic and absurd way that it effectively makes the previous 2/3 of the game a complete waste. Avoid if you enjoy having fun. Expand
  2. Aug 4, 2012
    The most cinematic game played in a long time. You are the main character, you make the story and you remain amazed by a game so good. That cold, sad atmosphere is brilliant supported by snow, amazing soundtrack and by far the same attitude in story. I can only fell a little disappointed by it's SF going, but with such gameplay, atmosphere and story, I can't love this game and put it inThe most cinematic game played in a long time. You are the main character, you make the story and you remain amazed by a game so good. That cold, sad atmosphere is brilliant supported by snow, amazing soundtrack and by far the same attitude in story. I can only fell a little disappointed by it's SF going, but with such gameplay, atmosphere and story, I can't love this game and put it in the top of my all time favorite games (side by side with a few others) Expand
  3. Dec 14, 2012
    Insultingly stupid. The game has a difficult-enough time trying to make the lousy dialogue interesting by adding quick time events to conversations, but then it has one of the worst stories I've ever heard in a video game! I wish I could be exaggerating, but just look it up on Wikipedia if you don't believe me. QTE is no way to play a game, especially a linear one.
  4. Oct 26, 2013
    What is wrong with you people? The writing is horrible in this game, everything is uninspired. The plot has massive glaring faults in it, and David Cage just throws whatever he feels like into the plot.
    David Cage is a failure of the game design.
  5. Mar 6, 2011
    Simply thinking of this game makes me shiver.
    You see, QTE's are only good when not Under/Overused, other wise they either get annoying (Under) and unexpected, and repetetive (Over) and dull.
    The controls make me wanna punch baby's. Terrible tnak-controls and redundant QTE's = Farenheit. The plot is just completley retarted, and the action is just nerve-wrackingly-Awful. I'm suprised I
    Simply thinking of this game makes me shiver.

The controls make me wanna punch baby's.

Terrible tnak-controls and redundant QTE's = Farenheit.

I'm suprised I hasted 8 hours of my life on this peice of ****

F*ck you steam for making me interested in buying it!
  6. Jul 25, 2011
    Revolutionary, ambitious and cinematic. It's a shame there's not more games like Fahre... uh, Indigo Prophecy. From what I can gather players love or hate it; I think of the game as a film where you can influence the outcome.
  7. Dec 11, 2011
    "Indigo Prophecy" is a great movie-like game that encourages the players not to only screw around with the AI and do what they say, but the talk and communicate with them. YOU make the story; YOU are the player and YOU are the director. Every move of yours affect the game....I mean movie. Overall a must play epic game that, like "Mass Effect", counts your every move.
  8. Jan 6, 2012
    I plowed through this game in a day. After I finished, I realized I really didn't appreciate the ending, but it was still awesome. This game is the reason why I bought a ps3 this holiday season just to play heavy rain.
  9. Sep 12, 2012
    Quite simply, a masterpiece. Fahrenheit is, like Another World or Metal Gear Solid, the delivery of a cinematic genius (David Cage). Recommended without hesitation (but make sure you have a good gamepad to play with).
  10. Feb 12, 2013
    story- great story, involves you playing as a guy that gets randomly possessed by some type of cult leader. and its up to you to save him or leave him to his fate. gameplay- controls are great for this type of game. its action adventure, but has 'QTE' which always makes the gameplay inifinitely more fun to play. the way it uses the controls, like combining keys and etc. interesting andstory- great story, involves you playing as a guy that gets randomly possessed by some type of cult leader. and its up to you to save him or leave him to his fate. gameplay- controls are great for this type of game. its action adventure, but has 'QTE' which always makes the gameplay inifinitely more fun to play. the way it uses the controls, like combining keys and etc. interesting and creative. video- the graphics are solid. not something to brag about but the gameplay makes it great.

audio- great music and effects make the game like an interactive movie.

overall- its like playing an interactive movie, and you have to be always aware. because 'QTE' happens just like that.
  11. Mar 26, 2011
    Indigo Prophecy is a button prompt game with real ambition. The story starts off as an intriguing murder mystery which places you in control of an innocent murderer and the cops after him. The first 2/3 of this game are enveloping and immersible, if you're into games like Heavy Rain. Most of the mechanics work, and the button prompt segments are top notch, even if dragged out a little. OneIndigo Prophecy is a button prompt game with real ambition. The story starts off as an intriguing murder mystery which places you in control of an innocent murderer and the cops after him. The first 2/3 of this game are enveloping and immersible, if you're into games like Heavy Rain. Most of the mechanics work, and the button prompt segments are top notch, even if dragged out a little. One of the more creative parts have you controlling a character with claustrophobia in first person, having you control their breathing while trying to solve a puzzle. The problem is that the story falls apart toward the end. What started off as a Dean Koontz novel turns into an episode of Dragon Ball Z. The ending scenes were laughably out of place, not to mention the use of plot devices such as deus ex machina. The experience was a step into the right direction, and despite it falling apart at the end, still makes for a great game. Expand
  12. Dec 16, 2012
    An epic game, the graphics are not very good but the story is EPIC! The game style is very similar to Heavy Rain and I love that game. Everything is very excited in the game and if you failed a mission, is the end of the story! Only one thing in the game that i dont like its the Chrome thingy. That thing always made me fail missions :P
  13. Apr 28, 2013
    Indigo Prophecy is equivalent to a B movie.You are not supposed to think to much about it, just go with the motion and have some fun. Its mostly QTEs with some level of point and click adventure gameplay.

Let me also state that the story starts out more interesting than it finally ends up being, and things do get crazy in the middle. And the ending IMHO, is disappointing to say the very least, all this build-up for nothing?

Still, this is still a game that i'd recommend to play. Buy it on a sale though...
  14. Jun 18, 2013
    I was really happy when I found out that this game came out for PCs (for years i was convinced it's a PS 2 exclusive Lol). It starts out great, the graphics are outdated but I stopped noticing after a few minutes of playing it. However, as the story proceeds it's getting worse and worse. Mainly Taylor's part of the story was a dissapontment for me, felt very lackluster especially in theI was really happy when I found out that this game came out for PCs (for years i was convinced it's a PS 2 exclusive Lol). It starts out great, the graphics are outdated but I stopped noticing after a few minutes of playing it. However, as the story proceeds it's getting worse and worse. Mainly Taylor's part of the story was a dissapontment for me, felt very lackluster especially in the end. In the end it goes wild and B-movie style with a...not terrible, but not in one bit satisfying ending ever. In fact thinking about the last 30 minutes of the game convinces you that it made no sense at all. Also *minor spoiler* matrix style combat!? Bullet dodging? I couldn't stop myself from laughing at this point. What games does right is the emotional dialogues. The voice acting is great 90 percent of the times and the conversations seem natural and satisfying. You can really feel immersed into the game at some points, actually caring about Lucas and (to a much lesser extent) about other characters. Also I have to say the music surprised me, really fitting the mood of each scene and helped me get through lenghty boring QTE sequences. Overusing them made me feel distracted from actually watching the action, as I was busy pressing buttons through an entire scene and failing it often as I tried to multi-task doing QTE and watching what is happening. This really irritated me as these qtes rarely fit what your character is doing right now (there are only 3 types of them) and failing them often forces you to go trough lenghty cut scenes that you've just watched.
    Overall even with the outdated graphics, story level degrading dramatically towards the end, some stupid qte mechanics and sometimes outright boring scenes, this is actually a GOOD TITLE and I recommend it to anyone liking the genre, as you won't find many better titles in it. Therefore a solid 7/10
  15. Jul 8, 2013
    I know QuanticDreams from the PS3 game Heavy Rain, so I decided to get this game and believe me... it is better than even Heavy Rain.

Amazing and trilling game, which is not so long overall, but in my experience I prefer a game to be short but fun instead of long and give you room to get bored. This is a Jewel for the price that GOG offers it, taking into account that is 100%

This is a Jewel for the price that GOG offers it, taking into account that is 100% compatible with last gen operating systems. Also take into account with a small hack (check youtube) you can even run it at FullHD 1920x1080 resolution.

I have not finished it yet, but I do not care anymore about the ending, as the playing has been soooo damn good. I want to even start to play guitar again :P

Get it!
  16. Jul 12, 2013
    this game comes with a new type of game play you're the director and you control how the story progress according to what you do during the game the story of the game was really really good but i didn't like it at the middle it became ridiculous but what this game is great about is the atmosphere as it has a great atmosphere in the end it was a great experience that every one should try
  17. Oct 17, 2013
    It's a great game, and a very immersive one at that, however, the plot after the middle becomes really dumb, and the karma bar is a lame way to end the game.
  18. Oct 18, 2013
    Quantic Dream went off to a good start in the mass gaming market with Indigo Prophecy, aka Fahrenheit. The story was morbid, unique, engaging, and hit just enough high notes early on and mid-game to compensate for the trainwreck that it would become near the every end. The characters were well written and believable, and the world that was built by Quantic felt very real and life-like forQuantic Dream went off to a good start in the mass gaming market with Indigo Prophecy, aka Fahrenheit. The story was morbid, unique, engaging, and hit just enough high notes early on and mid-game to compensate for the trainwreck that it would become near the every end. The characters were well written and believable, and the world that was built by Quantic felt very real and life-like for the most part. At the time it was released, the game was truly innovative and both the director, David Cage, and his studio were hailed as "visionaries" and propelled to celebrity status in the gaming industry. Their "visionary" status would continue to be held in high regard with the release of 2009's Heavy Rain for the PS3, which resembled IP/Fahrenheit in terms of plot, but also differed from it by revolving the story around a murder mystery (rather than having the perpetrator identified from the very beginning as the main protagonist as in IP/Fahrenheit). Both games were well-earned commercial and critical successes for the studio, and both are well worth a playthrough for any serious gamer. Expand
  19. Nov 10, 2013
    I really like the adventure genre, and I admire companies trying to modernize the genre. In this case, it turned out so-so. The story is engaging, and you'll often feel the characters stress during the different scenarios they will find themselves in. You'll get hints about some supernatural elements at the beginning, but I personally find the regular detective story and psychologicalI really like the adventure genre, and I admire companies trying to modernize the genre. In this case, it turned out so-so. The story is engaging, and you'll often feel the characters stress during the different scenarios they will find themselves in. You'll get hints about some supernatural elements at the beginning, but I personally find the regular detective story and psychological thriller aspects going on far more interesting. This makes the second half of the game a bit wishy-washy, as they cram in a lot of unbelievable events. Ranging from characters suddenly developing in unbelievable ways, to environments and scenarios seeming too far-fetched, or just generally too strange without any believable build up. The gameplay itself is typical for the adventure genre; interacting with objects and surroundings, hearing the protagonists thoughts and such. There are interesting dialog options and choices to be made, but they seem to impact the story very little; but they do help the immersion a lot. The problem is that the controller is one of the two greatest challenges in the game, as it first seems illogical and after some getting used to just comes of as bulky and often causes great annoyance during timed events. The other challenge is the "Simon Says" events, which happens extremely fast and will confuse you even more as you will have to rethink on how to use the controller. The Simon events will also distract you from the on-going cutscenes, as you will have to focus entirely on the button mashing mini game, rather than on the actual interesting stuff that's happening on the screen. But other than my problems with the controller, I find the game to be a good choice for anyone who likes the adventure genre. Expand
  20. Sep 6, 2014
    The worst piece of **** in the world. Do not play it, do not buy it, do not even look at it. If you look at it, you better gouge your eyeballs out, otherwise the **** SPACE ALIEN A.I. MONSTERS WILL COME FOR YOU.

1. A classic adventure pumped up with massive doses of adrenaline. [Nov 2005, p.82]
  2. Fahrenheit features a fascinating, ever evolving storyline that really does change in real time depending on your actions.
  3. It's about halfway through Fahrenheit that the wheels start to wobble. The game begins to veer away from its complex murder-mystery beginnings into the realm of pure fantasy, with a final chapter that can be hard to stomach.