IndyCar Series PC

7.7

1. ColinM.
    Oct 9, 2003
    The game does a nice job of showing you how difficult the drivers have it. If you can stay floored all the way on any track then you are dialed in.
  2. ChristopheS.
    Oct 5, 2003
    Superb graphics, arcade AND simulation modes, nice car damage model, very realistic physics and game design: Great game!
  3. MikeEd.
    Apr 29, 2004
    I like this game a lot - but i grew up in Indianapolis and have a near religious affection for the Indianapolis 500, which makes me want to like the game but also makes me more critical. I hope they come out with an expansion - a few tweaks and this game would be great. I play with a game pad and it is one of the few racing games in which I can actually steer and have my car's motion I like this game a lot - but i grew up in Indianapolis and have a near religious affection for the Indianapolis 500, which makes me want to like the game but also makes me more critical. I hope they come out with an expansion - a few tweaks and this game would be great. I play with a game pad and it is one of the few racing games in which I can actually steer and have my car's motion look something like real driving - but I am still frustrated that no PC game completely makes driving a race car as easy and smooth as driving my 4-Runner. Fun game - easy to get into but with considerrable enjoyment endurance. Needs a rear view mirror and an exit the pits shortcut that gets you on the track right away for practice. Expand

1. One hell of a good Indy simulator. Fine for single and multi-player if you can't get online. Once again, a solid effort and more proof that Codemasters truly knows racing games.
  2. The racing action is fast, while still maintaining a smooth, polished feel. The controls are solid and the cars handle very well.
  3. PC Gamer
    Despite a few AWOL features, however, it can still deliver a healthy 230-mph kick in the pants when pushed. [Dec 2003, p.102]