1.7

Overwhelming dislike- based on 3873 Ratings

1. Dec 19, 2012
    I tried to think about a good way to offer my valid criticism on the game, and there is plenty. I decide instead to get a fresh perspective on it. I paid a hooker to play it for me...said it sucked more then she does. Stay away!
  2. Dec 19, 2012
    Poor design decisions and blatant lying to the customer are among the many reasons you should not be buying this game. Save your money for something better.
  3. Dec 19, 2012
    Horrible company and horrible game. If this last week hasnt told you to stay away from this game then I dont know what will. Lets hope steam take it off untill its fit for use.
  4. Dec 19, 2012
    Please don't buy and support this game. This game is a SCAM. Its a falsely advertised unfinished game with micro transactions designed to take your money. If you are really considering it at least google and read up on it first. To top it off the developers of the game are going out of their way to censor and ban anyone who's giving negative reviews or asking for a refund. It makes me sad that Valve would even consider releasing this on steam. Expand
  5. Dec 19, 2012
    Outdated graphics, contrived game play, and a physics model based on bizarro world. I'm a fan of the zombie survival genre but this game simply fails when held up to scrutiny. The many flaws takes away from any enjoyment the genre might give.
  6. Dec 19, 2012
    The first night they launched the Alpha version for us to play, it was obvious the game wasn't in devolpment for anything short of a few months, days could of even been argued. The game was just simply unplayable and obvious not being tested that much by the Devs before they released it to us. Problems like zombies not dying and flashlights being one hit kills, things you would of noticed had you actually tested the game at all before releasing anything.

But then it got slightly better, some things changed here and there and it was playable. And i actually started enjoying myself playing with my squad and hoarding stuff. But then came the hackers, making the game almost completely unplayable. You can't go an hour without encountering some **** shooting through walls or aimbotting. And YES it is that obvious when i get killed and see him looking through walls right where the rest of my squad is. Now hackers may be hit and miss for some people but it's to the point for me where whenever me and my squad go into Smallville or Clearview to secure the town and loot it, we are getting shotgun sniped or have a guy flying through walls. I see a lot of people on the forums saying that people are just calling out good players for cheating but there is a huge difference in getting outplayed and seeing someone looking through walls and flying around.

Also in the last ban wave they unbanned a bunch of people because they cried enough on the forums that they were innocent. So basically they are admitting that the anti-cheat doesn't work worth a **** and can throw false positives when detecting cheats.
  7. Dec 19, 2012
    WarZ was a game of great promise, but the continued unprofessional attitude of the developers and forum moderators have tarnished a good chunk of that. Each update adds fairly simple pointless things often with a focus on getting microtransaction features working over fixing glaring bugs and missing features, with the newest patch adding a pay to revive option. Each day this game seems more and more like a rush job and cash grab, if they ever wanted this game to actually succeed they did a poor job displaying that attitude to its customers. Expand
  8. Dec 19, 2012
    Purchased the game, played it for a week or two. I asked for a refund the next day but was told to "wait" for the game to finish. However after recent patches, locking people out of a game they paid for while dangling "instant revives" by spending real money was the final slap in the face. The website itself says the game is not "play to win." Clearly, it is. Demanding a refund and I suggest anyone who was fooled into buying this "game" follows suit. Expand
  9. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is not worth your time or money. Period. There is no reason that the developer should have released the game in it's current state. I wish I would have read all the drama surrounding this game before I wasted my money. The idea of an open world zombie game sounds great, but this game does a horrible job at it.
  10. Dec 19, 2012
    Totally fake Screenshots (several false Animations that arent in game this way, there are no use able vehicles ingame, there arent so many zombies and so and so on and so on)
    Lots of things taken from WarInc (Chars, Buildings, Weapons, Textures, Masks, the whole game Menu)
    False Story about "we had the Idea before Day Z"...sorry I dont buy that story. PvE will be only possible if you
    rent a server. On normal Servers it is Quake Arena time.
    No Skillsystem, it will come someday...maybe
    Pay2Win (Rent safe Strongholds, buy Ammo for Snipers, buy Cooldown Reduction if you die, medicine and so on) Small map. Even 50 Players are so many that you see Players every 10-15 Minutes...even in a friggin forest! How you want put 70 or even 100+ Players in it?! 30 would be maybe a good number.

MMO? Why is it called MMO? Is Arma2 also a MMO? Is Battlefield also a MMO? Its ONE small map for 50 Player. Thats all. This game is never a MMO and it wont be a MMO anytime.

Then the Story about the Mod that told the story that they want to cut the service if it doenst work out well. Yeah he took his story back and is now again best friend with the Producers. Hey i would to...if the only other way had been getting a law suit. Sure that he takes everything back.

To make it short. The most things it advertises are false! This game isnt even an alpha yet. Yeah mabye it calls itself different but it simply isnt more.

It is ONE! Map for played best with 30 Players (even if 50 are set at the moment) and with lots of Features missing and some decisions the MOd Team made the are very suspicious. Sorry, but I can only say...dont buy it at the moment! Wait and see 6-12 Months. Maybe it changed till then to the better but I would bet that the Community is dead by then or the Game put offline.
  11. Dec 19, 2012
    I bought this game thinking it would be great, judging from the game pictures they have on the site and how many people loved the arma 2 mod DayZ. However, don't let the great idea of a mmo zombie game influence you to buy this game, you WILL regret it.
    I made 7 characters, all of which died within 10 minutes from other players shooting me, which is followed by a 4 HOUR respawn time,
    after which you have nothing to eat, drink or defend yourself with. So as you can imagine, after respawning your luck doesn't change much. All in all i guess this is more of a game community review, since i couldn't get far enough from my spawn to actually play much of the game AT ALL.

I give this game a 1, just for the concept of a zombie mmo. But the community, pvp, and lack of a "spawn protection period" or a "new player protection period" makes this game literally unplayable
  12. Dec 19, 2012
    So, I downloaded it from Steam on Monday, thinking everything I saw listed as a feature would, you know, actually be there. Well, they weren't. At all. Seriously. If I'm going to pay for a game, I don't want the pre-pre-beta release with tons of "Oh, we'll get that to you ASAP even though it's supposed to be there now" BS. Wanna know why I'm giving it a 1 and not a 0? Because it actually LOOKS like it could be pretty awesome if the Dev's didn't frigging HOSE it. Expand
  13. Dec 19, 2012
    If you had the idea that a zombie apocalypse where you have to survive sounded great for a gaming concept, so did we. Unfortunately the game doesn't even come near being a decent game. Everything you'd expect in this game is just terrible worked out. While your main focus should be to avoid the zombies and surviving the flesh-eating monsters, the in-game experience teaches you that zombies are no threat at all and the only thing you should look out for are other survivors who are going to shoot you for your bottle of water. So the only thing you do in this game is wander around, hoping to find some loot (good luck there) and praying you don't run into some other survivor with a gun in his hand. Is this how I want to play a zombie apocalypse-game? No! Worst game of the year by far. Expand
  14. Dec 19, 2012
    Played the game, from steam, 4-5 hours played uninstalled, hope this game goes out of sight of the PC soon, or that the dev's fix it, until that it should not be even allowed to go back on steam.
  15. Dec 19, 2012
    do not purchase this game.Recently you did so many mistakes, but in today you did unacceptable something.You show your real greedy face.Everybody complain about cheating,silly bugs(abuse bug).Then what are you doing ?? aa sory you always apology to us, everytime you have excuse.since the game release you couldn't stop hacking, but it isn't problem i'm sure you have a good excuse.Then you did new update about reviving time.Game want to 50gc point(0.40$) if we want to fast revive or wait 4 hour.could you please tell me it is sensible ?Your game is big disappointment.

Uptades comes,uptades gone but cheat never stop in The Warz
    (it was ticket to warz management.and i'm turkish can be some mistakes in my text)
  16. Dec 19, 2012
    Completely a cash grab just before Day Z Standalone. This is the worst game ever made after Big Rig: Over the road racing, but did you know that it has the same developper ?
  17. Dec 19, 2012
    I played the game at a friend's house and found it to be pretty boring as well as a blatant rip off of the DayZ mod for Arma 2. I've also seen the articles that describe all the shady stuff the developer has tried to do with the game's steam page and the micro-transactions. My advice to everyone would be to steer clear of this game if it ever reappears on Steam (it was pulled earlier today).
  18. Dec 19, 2012
    The game is bad. A big rip off and a pretty obvious scam. With that said...

If you like paying for finished games and don't like being lied to or mislead, this game is not for you. It is simply unfinished and with so much controversy surrounding it, it is clearly something you should avoid. If you want someone with the same style but free and acknowledging that it's just a beta, try
    DayZ, the game WarZ ripped off. Expand
  19. Dec 19, 2012
    Horrible customer support and treatment of said customers, a broken game that has been released in alpha/beta state on Steam and blatant lies in terms of marketing and features in the game. It isn't worth anyone's money.
  20. Dec 19, 2012
    In this game everything about money items/revive! So many hacker! guys dont buy it!Many features listed on Steam is missing. If u dead u have to wait 4 hours for revive Or u have to pay for revive! JOKE! DON't buy it!
  21. Dec 19, 2012
    No matter how they claim THIS is developed before Dayz, i just can't believe that with what i have seen & read and my sixth sense. Two years' development with no proof like video before the alpha is just too suspicious. Everything looks so rush. You can clearly see that their features that are differentiated itself from Dayz like skill tree, stronghold,etc are being added much later on or not even delivered. Based on your mmo/gamming experience you can already tell if the game has future or not. Expand
  22. Dec 19, 2012
    Since purchasing the game I have been mislead and blatantly lied to about its content. I have spent time being banned for nothing and then subsequently un-banned with no explanation or apology. These guys really need to work on their customer service. Apart from all that though the actual game is far from done. The graphics slider should be renamed the "computer throttle" as it appears to not affect the visuals at all and the amount of hacking is unacceptable. I wish I could talk about the rest of the game but I have spent hours unable to play because I have, according to the devs, met the "one" hacker in the entire game over an over again.
    Sergey, you need to really step up your game and give us something actually worth the $15.
  23. Dec 19, 2012
    Game is a waste of everyones time unless you like to give your money away to random bums that make video games so you can support thier third world living expenses. Its a scam and rip off.
  24. Dec 19, 2012
    Horrible game. Graphics even on high look horrible, the animations of the zombies are horrible, it takes a minute or two to load even player skins (so you could be killed by an invisible player before you realise it) The 'Pay real money to virtually respawn' option is a huge joke. They said that many features were implemented then redacted that comment to say they're all either on the way or were at least ideas in the idiotic minds at Hammerpoint.

This is a bad game, they should feel bad for making it (well, making half a game then trying to sell it as a full game)
  25. Dec 19, 2012
    THIS GAME SUCKS

i rather shoot myself in the head then too ever play this crap again i rather be tortured with a chainsaw then this this game is soooo bad that it should have died on the drawing board END OF REVIEW
  26. Dec 19, 2012
    I have nothing else to add that hasn't already been said. The game is nothing more than a gimmick trying to con you out of your money. They lied in their game description and copy-pasted League of Legend's terms of service. DO NOT GIVE THEM A DIME.
  27. Dec 19, 2012
    Scam game, soo many promises just to sell a pvp games with somes zombies.

True Story.
  28. Dec 19, 2012
    Looked really promissing, but turned out to be overhyped and unfinished. Defently not something i would recommend. It is a blatant ripoff of the DayZ mods ideas, but there is no real improvement to the table . Unlike the dayz mod, which is free, they actually charge money you for this buggy half baked piece of crap.
  29. Dec 19, 2012
    Do not buy this game they are braking many laws and are one of the worst developers i have ever seen.
    They have no respect for there customers and cheat the system.
    Im glad i can get a refund from steam.
  30. Dec 19, 2012
    I've been a registered player for about a month now (bought it around Thanksgiving). The gameplay can be fun but the problem with the game is the developers and management team. They put posts out talking about how they have all these features coming and are fixing issues but never follow-through on it. They also will ban forum members at lock threads as soon as people stop complaining to censor criticism on the forum. Please sell this game to a development company worth a **** Expand
  31. Dec 19, 2012
    When The War Z came out, it was an undeniably shaky game - bad textures, laughable animations, bugs /everywhere/. However, many positive, community-driven changes were pushed out in the days to come, and many of us were convinced that, should Hammerpoint maintain its steady stream of attentive updates, there was simply no way The War Z could go wrong in development.

As it turns out, the
    game rather quickly became stagnant: new features were not released; what small portions of the map were opened up were, generally, poorly textured, uninteresting, and just a bit of the same ol', same ol'; there was a lot of rumbling about community censorship and refunds going around, and the general atmosphere of The War Z became very hostile.

Having been with the game since day one of the alpha, I can tell you this: what The War Z boils down to is a very shady Russian man - the mind behind Big Rigs, perhaps the most horrific game ever made to date - who may or may not be committing a very sophisticated, game-oriented adaptation of the pump-and-dump stock fraud method. At the end of the day, you're better off investing in a copy of ArmA II and DayZ, or waiting for DayZ's standalone.

To be frank, I've seen drug deals a shade more legit than this game has turned out to be.
  32. Dec 19, 2012
    Money Grabbers! Ban for no reason at all and take 5-8 days to answer a support ticket and still not unban you! Im a 100% legit professional gamer that has no need to hack / cheat any game i play and i get banned with no reasoning!! I get no response from support yet and it has been 5 days so far and i can only imagine how many more it will take! On a side note i read the steam release and it was completely false and they try to cover it up by saying a miscommunication! Thats complete BS! If you have a game getting ready to come out on Steam of all places you make sure you have all your ducks in a row not just HALF ASS it! Then i hear that it takes 4 hours to revive a character? REALLY 4 hours thats rediculour with the amount of hackers in that game because if oyu play you die by a hacker every time you log in to a big server! It used tpo be at 1 hour and that was legit and fine but 4 hours? On top of that if you want to revive early it will cost you GC? REAL LIFE MONEY to revivie early! Thats a money grab folks! Have fun getting ripped off if you buy it!! Expand
  33. Dec 20, 2012
    This game is a mess, I had hoped in this game but the developer team is totally inexperienced and incapable, they just destroyed the great idea of ​​this game, which was Zombie pós-apocalyptic, and turned it into PVP game. do not buy it, im a dissatisfied consumer. TERRIBLE game!
  34. Dec 20, 2012
    cheaters,hackers,glitchers,money scam and lie.nothing to do in this game. main produser lieing to people,and on steam.false advertising aswell. its not even alpha its an early alpha.and the devs doing more and more to scam people.
  35. Dec 20, 2012
    This is just a fail try to steal people's money. Seriously, this isn't even a game. Plus: random bans, unfinished, small map, lies about the real features, stupid in-game community, buy the game and then you have more thing to pay for and that's what a I call scam and unqualified staff.
  36. Dec 20, 2012
    I consider this game an outright scam. I was lied too and deceived and paid money for something I never received. The developer is a thief, refusing to refund me. Everyone that has had this criminal scam you are encouraged to charge back on your credit card if you purchased direct from Hammerpoint, or request a refund if you purchased on steam. Absolutely appalling behaviour and will definitely affect the gaming industry - I am a lot less likely to purchase any game in the future after this experience. Expand
  37. Dec 20, 2012
    Not worth anyones time. Do NOT get this game, even when/if it is released. The animations are sketchy, players are dicks, and most of all... you can't last more than 3 hours in this game.

Do not buy this. This dev team is despite for money and using microtransactions in the game
  38. Dec 20, 2012
    i want to like this game i really do, but the fact that the company that makes it keeps dragging their heels promising content that should have been implemented months ago, and postponing content that should have taken priority.... it's horrible. it seems like the people at Arktos Entertainment need to sort their issues out, and get working.
  39. Apr 25, 2013
    Messed up in everything! No Anti-Cheat-Protection and unlimited amount of Cheaters... The Zombies are crappy coded and this Game has still to much "Stuff" that is not finished...
    The weapons are bad coded! The AI is bad coded! Did i mentioned the Hackers?
    This Game is bad and Sergey Titov is one of the worst Developers ever...
    He did not learned anything since his Big Rigs "Fail".
    Not
    worth even 5$ Expand
  40. Feb 26, 2013
    a joke game
    pay for win
    pay for play with no hacker
    pay for hack
    $$$$$$$$$$$$ game.
    low dev, many 1 map, no car, no mission, actually, this game sux.
  41. Feb 27, 2013
    La idea del juego en sí no es mala, pero está llevada a abo muy mal, desde el principio un juego apresurado. No puedes pasar mas de 20 minutos sin encontrarte a un cheater y además ese es otro punto que me desagrada: yo compré el juego cuando salió, esperando encontrarme una verdadera experiencia de supervivencia en un apocalipsis zombie, pero lo que me he encontrado es un Shooter PVP con algunos zombies alrrededor y que además tienen una IA terriblemente mala, el juego después de casi un año está lleno de bugs, el tiempo de carga para entrar a servidores es demencial, los gráficos están horriblemente optimizados, yo tengo una tarjeta gráfica todoterreno y sin embargo jugando en LOW quality tengo suerte si alcanzo unos FPS estables de 16-17, los objetos de la tienda son muy caros de adquirir teniendo en cuenta que los vas a perder probablemente en menos de 15 minutos, la mayoría de la gente campea, o hace salto de servidor en los lugares donde suelen salir armas para llenarse hasta los topes. No solo el juego está terriblemente mal, si no que su comunidad de jugadores también es terrible. Al final terminas dandote cuenta que lo que realmente te atemoriza es encontrarte con un superviviente, y es que de hecho es un juego que solo te permite hacer 2 cosas: Lootear o bien matar al superviviente que se te cruce para quedarte con lo suyo y seguir looteando, los zombies son parte del decorado. ¿supervivencia zombie, donde? Expand
  42. Feb 27, 2013
    I assume most people are aware of the controversy hovering around this game and recently it has been made available again on steam. While the features which are listed in the description have been mostly corrected the screen-shots remain. These screenshots do not represent the actual gameplay and are false advertising. It is also not mentioned that this game is in a very unfinished state. The game itself is still bad and the ability to buy the best items with real money remains. The game is still the horrible cash grab it was before but it seems that the developers work less and less on the game and they might even abandon the project after there is no more money to squeeze out of the pockets of kids who want the "real" experience. Expand
  43. Feb 27, 2013
    Puts so many great ideas from dayz and other games into one place, but without any sense of balance. I'm not really sure, whether the developers even play this kind of games, a project from heart with personal interests can impossible have that many failures.

I bought it the first few days without any expectations as a fan of dayz to bridge the time for the dayz standalone. Gave it
    another try in december, still no fun. Another Try in February still no fun and so many hackers, it's just ridiculous. I don't speak for others, but for me, it's still a nogo. Sorry. Expand
  44. Feb 27, 2013
    This game offends me. The developers lied, and they even tried to rip off War Z. Dumb zombies, hackers everywhere, and even after you bought the game you need to buy in game content that you'll lose when some hacker shoots you through a wall. DayZ is a mod, created by 5 modders, when The War Z is a full game created by an actual company yet they couldn't beat a team of 5 people? Ridiculous. Go get Day Z, don't even buy this game if you're looking for something out of the bargain bin. Expand
  45. Feb 28, 2013
    a horrible pay to win game boring and sluggish game play. i can say so many reasons why this game fails in so many ways but i bet that the character count would go to the max. this game is not good at this stage do not whatever reason get it it has false advertisement and many horrible things.
  46. Mar 1, 2013
    This developer has done nothing but lie and scheme throughout their entire process.. They lied about features which caused them to be removed from Steam. The game is over run by hackers but to hear them say it it is a very small I am just sorry I did not do more research before buying this game which is little more than a poorly ported version of War Inc. another game of theirs that support ended when they started WarZ (with promises of features never added like vehicles and such which has been promised for WarZ). PLEASE dont waste money on this game Expand
  47. Mar 3, 2013
    I started playing this in Alpha and didn't notice it change to Beta. Then when they release it as a finished game there was NO difference from Beta or Alpha apart from a few texture details and Zombie animations. As of March 2013 Still in *Alpha (in my opinion), most key features missing. Loads of glitches and unfriendly gaming environment due to high level of hackers. Your better of waiting for DayZ as The War Z is a complete rip off.

*Beta games tend to be a fully working game with glitches as most key features are missing.
  48. Mar 4, 2013
    stood up from the DayZ mod in ARMAII this game is complete disgrace. The worst waste of money you can possibly imagine. Graphics, in my opinion, is not the worst point of this game, but rather gameplay and customer support from the hammerpoint interactive, who ban its users on forum who send complaints about the game, I am one of those who is banned on forum). I've been playing since Alpha version of the game and trust me there is no such a big difference between then and this version of the game. If you didn't get this game yet, DON'T! wait for the DayZ standalone. Collapse
  49. Mar 11, 2013
    This game is terrible. It has the elements to become a great game. But the developers are obviously too lazy to make this game any better. The graphics are terrible. The game play is stale and barely rewarding. And even worse. When it was on steam, they had SCAMS! on their description. For example: "Multiple 120km2 maps!" LIES "We will be coming out with updates to improve your experience!" LIES. This game is obviously in ALPHA and they are lying by calling it an actual release. Im very disapointed with this game. Expand
  50. Mar 11, 2013
    Seriously what the hell, everything from texture to ToS are copied from else where. Dont fall for this copy and paste scam. Simply a game that's riding the popularity of zombie games, except this game is actually not so enjoyable, downloaded it, spent an entire hour trying to log in, in game items are not worth buying, massive fluctuation in game prices, and using BEING A BETA as an excuse to produce sub quality game Expand
  51. Mar 16, 2013
    To start: if you play on a public server, get use to hackers and the "pay-to-win" item mall they have up. You find a few different types of pistols and rifles often but never mags for these weapons. So most the weight/space in your pack are just 7-10 bullet guns that you end up tossing on the ground. Food and water seem abundant in most areas as well. As well, the zombies seem to do some weird congregation into these sometimes large clusters of 3-15 zombies standing all on top of each other. The zombies have no AI at all and just go to the nearest person to them. Aggro radius of weapons and sound do not seem to match up and many people would agree the newly added skill tree doesn't even seem to add the benefits to the character.

Also the game is ripped off of the well known Dayz mod. Everything they claimed on the steam page (the first go) is not "yet" implemented into the game. You are NOT able to sell items to vendors, you are NOT able to spawn in high population servers without getting aimbot killed or some kind of hack killed, 70-80% of the good items cost REAL MONEY to get, the other items cost an absurd amount of in-game money to purchase. There is only 1 map maybe about 90-100km2 and no transportation other than walking so trips start taking hours depending on where you start on the map (assuming you do not get killed by another player instantly). There are only 2 buildings in each settlement even in use currently; the vault where you store items and gear, and the vendor for purchasing ammo and other useful items. You are NOT able to leave notes for players other than with time capsules which cost REAL MONEY to obtain or you may get lucky enough to find one.

The Steam page does NOT mention the game is in so called beta stage (when in my opinion the game is so broken it should be alpha if anything). You glitch through buildings often hoping up on top of the roof or just falling straight through dieing.

All in all with all the broken mechanics of the game, the shotty graphics that still seem to eat up all your computers resources, and the pay-to-win item mall, I would say stay away from this game if at all possible or get buddy buddy with someone and a private server. In all honesty with all the blatant lies and all the false advertising, I'm surprised the customer base hasn't started a class action suit against them (or what ever it would be called lol I'm no lawyer). For this I give them a 0/10 but the game concept would be awesome with a competent company behind it.
  52. Mar 14, 2013
    this game is a piece of crap go buy amra 2 or 3 there better than this ecspalialy with the dayz mod this is a rip off of dayz but dayz is free so f this game
  53. Mar 17, 2013
    This game is unbelieveable so many bugs and glitches zombies sound like dogs anyone you see kills you takes hours and hours just to get to an area. The fact that you are an ex military character you cant even run for at least 10 seconds before getting tired. poorly executed game. it's broken!! The fact that you have to wait 1 hour just to respawn because of when a zombie hits you, your character takes damage 3 seconds later and you have to pay for items such as ammo or food with real money!! NO WAY!!! I paid $15 already! It should have been like every zombie you kill, you earn points so you can buy melee weapons or guns not pay with real money! Also everytime you die all your stuff that you spent hours looking for just disappear and when you spawn are left with nothing at all! A complete waste of time and money. This game is not finished. Hackers are also common my DAYZ the list goes on! Expand
  54. Mar 17, 2013
    This game is a festering pile of camel dung. It is not even a completed game it is a ALPHA it's not even a beta as it's PLAGUED with problems, glitches, players who will kill you sooner than look at you and a mod staff that bans people for NO REASON AT ALL. Yeah. Go screw yourself hammerpoint and go buy The Day Z standalone when it's released later this year. At least THAT game will be FINISHED and not a piece of crap alpha that we spent hard earned money on Expand
  55. Mar 20, 2013
    The WarZ startet out as a promissing DayZ clone. It ended as scam...a rip off of the ideas that DayZ made so enjoyable. I really would like to go into detail but even thinking about all the bugs, not available features, bad support, horrible graphics and nearly criminal behaviour of the developers, I simply can't.

Do yourself a favor and avoid this game whereever you can. Can one call
    that piece of code even a game?! And DON'T mistake it for DayZ. That's a whole different game with a whole different developer. Expand
  56. Mar 20, 2013
    Blatant rip off of DayZ. They lied to the community about their origins only to then have the title pulled from Steam. Now it's back avoid at all costs, wait for Day Z to launch!
  57. Mar 29, 2013
    Do not purchase this game. Many features listed on Steam are completely missing. The price was reduced to less than $15 in order to squeeze as much money from the game before it dies. I repeat: do not purchase this game, you will not get what you think you are getting. Just look at the War Z forums to see the problems.
  58. Mar 23, 2013
    This game is a the developers don't care about the players, they don't fix the bugs and just want money. this game. DayZ copy. Terrible gameplay, bad controls, boring gameworld, tons of bugs, tons of cheaters.
  59. Mar 30, 2013
    The game is not bad. But so many Hackers destroy the game so hard. And its a double from DayZ and this is the better choice. I hope patches and a better anti hacking shield comes!
  60. Mar 29, 2013
    DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY The gameplay is poor, character animations are downright awful, sound is average bordering on satisfactory and although the graphics look good at a distance, close up they are not so good at all. I was genuinely pained whilst playing this game; I wanted to enjoy myself but found it to be impossible. I cannot stress enough how bad this game is. If it were a mod (actually, it is a mod of HP's War Inc) that was free then fair enough (DayZ! Hello!) but to charge money for it is criminal. Conversely, I would happily pay the same money to buy the DayZ MOD the difference in quality is staggering, and although I admit that DayZ has its own faults they are not in the same league as The War Z's. I give The War Z a thoroughly deserved 0 out of 10. Expand
  61. Jun 15, 2013
    Please DO NOT BUY! This Item isnt what it says it is,the trailer looked great but no no no,it really not just dont waste your money when you can just buy something useful!
  62. Mar 30, 2013
    Just bought the game and let me tell u to just stay away.
    Worst game ever, once you die you have to wait for 1 hour to re-spawn your character!!!
    ITS SIMPLY A JOCK.
  63. May 3, 2013
    The devs here had some decent ideas, and not much to show for it in the end. The War Z makes a lot of mistakes, including...

1. Bad PR: The game had not much going for it. Marketed as a better version of DayZ, once complaints rolled in, PR did not handle things at all. The sort-of incorrect Steam page alone is enough for me to already feel iffy about this game.

2. Bad Gameplay: While
    I understand that this game still is unfinished, there are some unforgivable issues. glitches, AI issues, and bad level design all factor into this issue.

3. In Game Transactions: The biggest mistake War Z makes is the in game store. I found to my dismay that purchasing a weapon and dying from a glitch several minutes later does not mean that when I respawn, I'll have that weapon back. Bad move, and a bad idea...

In all, The War Z is a blatant bad game, with wasted potential. If some changes were made, I could consider a higher rating. But War Z is, in it's current state, a shadow of what it could have been.
  64. May 30, 2013
    Be warned, The screenshots on their website are mostly prerenders.
    You are better off looking up youtube player footage to see what it really is like.
    Shame that it was so bad, it could have been something nice.

Multiplayer is fun with friends, a lot of these maybe and green reviews are from people mistaking the enjoyment of doing that as a good game.
  65. Mar 31, 2013
    To put it lightly this game is atrocious. There, for those of you with a short attention span there it is. Honestly what didn't go wrong with the game? Low-res textures, sluggish gameplay not to mention the fact that zombies are near invincible. Another mistake Hammerpoint have made are the in-game micro-transactions I'm talking about the marketplace where you can purchase ammunition for guns... this is a SURVIVAL horror game, why include this option? Steam also failed to notice that this game was only in its beta stages when they released it (I believe this has since been pushed forward to the full game or alpha) I made a definite mistake of purchasing this garbage game. I, and many others, think that this game is only a cheap rip of the hugely successful Arma 2 mod DayZ which I recommend you play. I'm not here to rant about this game as many people still enjoy the game but in all honesty most people are only playing this game because they want to get their moneys worth. If you have not bought this game... Don't. Simple as. This game is not worth the price on Steam and it was never checked as FALSE ADVERTISING was also used in the selling of this game. I'm mainly advising you not to buy this game but that's not to say I haven't had my fair share of enjoyable moments (even if they were short-lived). All in all this game is a cheap and terrible rip of a hugely successful game and I would advise anyone who is thinking about buying it to not buy it. I went down the War Z road and it's not a very scenic route. Expand
  66. Apr 1, 2013
    It is a shame they allowed this game back on to Steam...let it die already. I could drone on about its numerous flaws or how I'm currently using the BBB to get my money back from them. Good idea for a game hopefully someone else does it right. I will never do business with these people again.
  67. Apr 1, 2013
    By far one of the biggest farces in videogaming history. The combat is terrible, The game's files are client side, allowing anyone with wordpad to hack the game completely and utterly, The combat is terrible, The "Admins" cheat without punishment, Openly call campers in a thread on their official forums, The combat is terrible, It's got more bugs than that one scene in the mummy; You know the one. The combat is terrible, The only thing that will ever kill you is a hacker from 500 yards, with a mossberg. The combat is terrible, And frankly, this game is essentialy the biggest scam ever made to exploit people who actualy like zombie survivals. Did I mention the combat is simply awful? Expand
  68. Apr 3, 2013
    This game is about as bad as it gets, how can you even call this a zombie survival game. The game has fully released and yet the dayz mod is about 30x better than this game. I feel outraged that a game that had so much potential has just fallen to the lowest depths of hell. This game is filled with hackers making it almost impossible to survive and overall the slot system is outrageous. I tend to die 10 min into the game due to the 1 and only puny map on the game and then i have to wait an hour just to play on one of my characters unless i spend even more money to revive myself early on. Do not buy this game unless your into zombie survival games, its the joke of the century. Expand
  69. Apr 9, 2013
    In short the game was rushed in development, and it shows. I saw all the bad reviews and thought i would decide for myself, so thought i was prepared for the worst, turns out i wasnt. The point of this game was to be an accessable version of DayZ, but it isnt all that accessable once you are playing, you start with no weapon and in a world of the bloof thirsty zombies and equaly blood thirsty players this pretty much screws you over from the start, and stops you gaining an intrest in the game. this would be forgivable if the game were mmore sick than its modded counterpart, but it isnt. The idea behind the game is good and hope it lives on, but this game is not good and should never have been released as it is. DONT BUY IT, IT JUST ENCORAGES THEM TO MAKE MORE BAD GAMES Expand
  70. Apr 24, 2013
    I purchased this game back before it was released, based on the screenshots and what the developers promised to the community.

Unfortunately, none of the things that were promised to us were ever implemented. The graphics on the game appear to be out of date, the sound effects are comical, and the zombies have that super spidey-sense that allows them to know where you are coming from a
    mile away.

Even after all those downfalls, I still tried to play the game, and I found a group of people who were actually fun to play with. Then I decided to buy another copy over steam for my brother. Within two hours of playing it, he was banned from the game and no one can tell him why.

So, because of the horrible customer support that my brother received, and the all around bad game play, I had enough and quit playing. Now I'm out trying to save everyone the hassle of wasting their money and being abused by the developers only in the game to make more money and never help the community.
  71. Apr 26, 2013
    Haters will hate but games will scam aswell.. if they didnt want the bad remarks they shouldnt have lied and said shyt that was totaly untrue just to gain money and player base. but hey people will waste money on crap things and thats why game companys still do this stuff cause they CAN and people will pay for it and there cash shop items in a survival game anyways so yeah.. have fun with this game thats not worth the review people are making. Expand
  72. May 24, 2013
    Thought this game was going to be interesting but the insult here is the amount of lawsuits and stolen engine pieces they have. THey tried to get by with minimal amount of paying for things and used only 10% of the engines full power... let alone even use the updated version of the engine from version 1.2 to 10.02.34. It's Insulting that they did that. and stole ideas from another game.
  73. May 26, 2013
    This game is probably one of the worst multiplayer games I ever tried ever. It has very little redeeming factors to even consider recommending this to anyone. First the gameplay is very subpar, the developers seemed very lazy when making it, glitches and hackers run wild and the zombies are surprisingly more brain dead then a can of sardines. The promises the devs make never get fulfilled or stretch the little they actually do to make it look like they did something. and It's a game that's trying to cash in on the WarZ hype and it has had so many complaints it's a wonder that people are still playing and paying. There is a cash shop in the game and you need to pay real money after buying the game to get ahead of the game easily...so much for the survival aspect if you can just pay through it. The service was terrible I was banned about 8 hours in because of "hacking" which is a flat out WTH moment since I wasn't, customer support was less than helpful and said if I wanted to play again I would have to buy it again. Everything screams shady when there is a metascore this low because this game is just one thing. It's a money grab! Save it for something with a better reputation and a development team that really cares for the players. Expand
  74. Jun 15, 2013
    Dayz ripoff played for 5-10 hours total and i felt part of my brain dieing. Total ripoff game buy stuff with money from shop and you lose them when you die LOL how money hungry can you get .

**** graphics AWFUL gameplay 50 player servers instead of the 100 they promised boring gameplay .
    Also 90 of the time you are going to be looking for food becouse there isint enough of it
    rest 10 of the time you are looting weapons oh and you find more weapons than bullets.

TLDR: Unfinished game total ass developers that speak rude to theyr customers Shop with real money and lose items -10 10
  75. May 30, 2013
    This game is incomplete. You cant play fine with your friends because you kill him. All the time playing is wasted walking to differents places. The engine is very strange. A lot of cheaters, bugs and always the same, kill zombie, kill zombie, kill zombie... OH! A weapon, with only 4 bullets... what shall i do to have more ammo? Kill zombie!!!!!!!! Only 1 map If you want good things you must pay or waste a lot of time playing this bad game Expand
  76. Jul 30, 2013
    This game is a joke. Not only is it plagued with bugs and glitches
    hackers and cheaters, Micro-transactions on a game payed for.
    But whats worst is that this game promised so much that it never delivered to teh point it's been removed from steam, and re-named
    Its horrid
  77. Nov 4, 2013
    This is the worst Game I ever bought and played.It's not worth ANY MONEY AT ALL.Many Bugs,Nearly no promised features found its way into the Game,even after a one year period.
    Worst Game and worst Publisher i ever encountered.
  78. Jun 15, 2013
    this game had potential... but then they on it with bad game play, glitches, and lies in the trailers... this game is by no stretch of the imagination worth it, avoid this game at all costs
  79. Jun 15, 2013
    i bought this on Steam thinking this looked like a good game and it was pretty fun at least for the first few minutes. You can go in lots more buildings (unlike DayZ) and you can jump over things easier as well as climb on cars (which actually works to prevent death by zombie) and that is about all of the positives. The graphics are pretty bad, you can get hurt from even the smallest fall, spawn campers and glitchers are too common, there is no quest system or clan system, you have to wait a long time to respawn from death and you lose all of your stuff so there is no reason why you should not just make a new character and get all new stuff too, and purchasing stuff at the store by doing things in game takes ridiculously long(unless you use lots of real money) plus when you die you lose all the stuff you just bought with real money. It had potential to be a good game but it still feels unpolished and should be considered either a very terrible final product or still in Alpha stage. It is a shame that Steam decides to treat it as a finished product when it should be call Alpha still. If you want to play a open world zombie survival game then go play the DayZ mod for Arma 2 or wait for State of Decay to come out. Expand
  80. Jun 16, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is terrible,I have NEVER seen such bad balance in a game.

Brutal player killing, bugs, missing features, and expensive micropayments are the true drawbacks of the impending zombie apocalypse.
  81. Sep 23, 2013
    Did they really think changing the name from The War Z to Infestation: Survivor Stories is going to trick gamers into buying it? Another disgusting display from the developers here.
  82. Aug 24, 2013
    I played this game with an open mind, expecting Day Z with better visuals, animations etc and with less bugs. Instead what i got was a rip off of Day Z with worse visuals, horrendous sound assets and quite frankly boring game-play. The in game mini transaction system take all the challenge out of an already payed for game and leave players who are unwilling to spend there hard earned cash on ammo and hats at a disadvantage. I can only declare this game to be absolute garbage and it fully deserved it's appalling meta-score. To top it all off the devs decided that it would be an excellent idea to change the name and temporarily remove it from steam adding yet another reason as to why you should ignore this game developer until they pull there hypothetical head out of there arse. Expand
  83. Jul 25, 2013
    I gave this game a 2/10 because its not really that great. I got the game as a gift on steam and I decided to give it a go. Wasn't that great to start off with, lag spikes and frame rate drops near citys or towns. Which btw can get you killed (been there done that). Graphics are "ok", but game play needs to be better. Starting off in the middle of nowhere is not really all that fun, it takes FOREVER to find anything. Expand
  84. Jul 26, 2013
    This game falls short on everything and did not say on Steam about it changing it's name on the store page which tells a false advertisement which they did when they first came out and they denied to refund me for their false advertisements. I am angered at myself and this is honestly the only game I gave a bad review or a score of 1! The game is not only bad but the developers are bad. The game is full of bugs, horrid visuals, decent audio, terrible animations and very, very slow game play. You will have to sneak most of your time even if a zombie is 200 feet away from you and he will spot you which will lead to other zombies chasing you if you try to run, so either way you are going to die. The game makes it where you can only spawn 5 characters and you have to wait an hour for the character you played as dies to play him again.
    For a sub titles that are way better than this and you still want to get your zombie fix I highly recommend this game as I highly enjoyed it.
    Arma 2 Combined Operations DayZ mod (DayZ is a free mod and the same concept of this game I am reviewing and I would rate that mod a 8 out of 10)
  85. Aug 6, 2013
    I finally let curiosity get the better of me and bought this game as the concept intrigued me.......I should have placed a little more faith in the reviews and not bothered, its awful! The learning curve is just too steep to really keep you interested in the game, you'll die, and lose all your stuff at which point you can either try and gather new stuff, which is almost impossible without any weapons, or go and buy new stuff which will cost you real money, this stuff will then be taken off you as soon as you bump into another player and you will die again....that's pretty much the game...apart from the graphics are poor and glitch ridden, even with a high spec pc you'll be lucky to hit 20fps, its just poor in every way. There are constant problems with servers/forums etc and the fact that if you question them about the short comings of the game on their Facebook page expect a ban! There are some people who seem to enjoy it, I'm not sure what they are doing that is so much fun except kill newbies! Trust the reviews and don't waste your money on this, there will be far superior zombie mmo games coming! Expand
  86. Aug 7, 2013
    Terrible gameplay, bad controls, boring gameworld, tons of bugs, tons of cheaters, lying devs and the list goes on.

If you want to enjoy, download some hacks, so you fight fire with fire. If you are looking a good game to play with friends and kill zombies, just go Killing Floor or Left 4 Dead, cause Infestation is one of the WORST games on the videogame history, even worst then
    superman 64, so you buy the game, and then you need to pay to host or buy items, nice work hummerpoint fraud of the Century. Expand
  87. Aug 12, 2013
    Infestation: Survivor Stories is a terrible game on paper. It's plagued by bugs that effect both the visuals and the gameplay, the game is full of hackers and the "patches" that get pushed out do not address enough of these issues.
    However, the game is surprisingly still fun. I have a ball trying to get in and gather supplies necessary to survive, and get a genuine scare when another
    player starts shooting at me. I'll be dropping this almost instantly for Day Z when it gets a standalone release, but this rough excuse for a game has it's entertaining qualities. Expand
  88. Aug 21, 2013
    Lets just say that when I started the game it lagged a lot, the zombies didn't chase me, the textures where really bad and when I got in the city a random sniper killed me. I think I'll come back to this game in a few years... or maybe never again.
  89. Aug 22, 2013
    the devs are lying to us. Nothing they promised has been made...

The gameplay is boring. It isn't a survivor game anymore, it's now a mmo pvp game...

The concept was great but, devs seems to be unprofessional... They are just kidding us at every update. Actually no cars, no different zombies animations, tons of bugs, no loots in some place where you'll find hundred zombies...

Moreover the crape is unplayable... I have a decent computer and i only have 15 fps.
  90. Aug 27, 2013
    The game costs 13 euros and what do you get? Nothing. poor copy of DayZ(in ALFA version). This game it is one big LIE. And 9 of 10 players its hackers.
  91. Aug 31, 2013
    Do not purchase this game.Absolutley unplayable re-branding of War z.All of u can read about gameplay is lies(included SGI Pre-Render game screenshoots).Also this game included bug on every u can see on it,awful animations,mega-retared zombies who looks like russian alchogolics who develop this game,donate on everywhere,hacking acounts and stole stuff,lost money and making u mad,only for 15 $.
    Do not purchase this game
  92. Sep 21, 2013
    DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. This game is horrible in every way possible. If you're looking to buy an open-world zombie MMO, I'd recommend DayZ. It's like this game, only better. A lot better.
  93. Sep 23, 2013
    Almost everything about this game, from the people that developed it to the finished product is an embarrassment to the industry. Its one and only redeeming quality is its concept.

There is little question that idea of an open world zombie apocalypse shooter has merit. If you don't believe me, just look at the adoption for War Z and the emerging competitors like 7 days to die, Rust,
    etc. The problem is that the game is so poorly implemented that anyone familiar with the industry has to question either Hammerpoint's technical competency or intentions (if not both). This game has been in "production" for over a year and it still lacks core functions advertised during pre-release. To make matters worse, for a product that should be on the upper end of the maturity curve (for the gaming industry) it still features a host of very serious bugs that should not have even been tolerated at their "Go-No Go" meeting.

The best part? It is not getting better. I have never seen a development team that, with each new fix, introduces such rampant breaks to other parts of the game. Does Hammerpoint even perform user acceptance testing?

Gamers, avoid this dog pile at all costs!

Note to Hammerpoint: Fire your modellers, animators, terrain mappers, and engine development team. Start over. And, while you are at it, find someone to handle public relations for you. You guys are clueless with the press and user community.
  94. Sep 24, 2013
    Game itself isn't so bad but Terms of Use said that you are not owner of your paid account and developer can do everything with your account delete, ban, modify with or without reason. Moreover after 10 months of honest play i was banned and developer said that i was banned because i trained my characters too much. Think yourself if you want to play game in which developers ban you for too much progress in game. Expand
  95. Oct 11, 2013
    Beyond the fact that this game is an absolute false it does have some minor excitement and play value. Within that 2 day period of enjoyment (if you're lucky) you will have to avoid the terrible community, unsportsmanlike players, and unrewarding combat. Players are banned without solid proof as their anti-cheat system has to be developed by a middle school student and obvious hackers run rampant ruining the small chance the game had. I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone, and if you are really curious I suggest just researching the developers. Expand
  96. Oct 20, 2013
    I've tried to defend The War Z as much as i possibly can but i understand why people would dislike this game, it's unfair and it WILL steal your money.... The game is pay to win(more) and is filled with hackers.

The game is ruined because of how unprofessional the Dev's are and how much of a douche-bag Sergey is.
  97. Nov 2, 2013
    simply put... it is S***. don't waist your time or money. Get DayZ if you want a survival zombie game. now to fill the character limit this game is S***
  98. Nov 7, 2013
    as one above me said Do not purchase this game. Many features listed on Steam are completely missing.I repeat: do not purchase this game, you will not get what you think you are getting. Just look at the War Z forums to see the problems. developers are scamers dont trust wheir word today they promise one next day they forget their promises and whats worse whey where removed from steam do to violations Expand
  99. Nov 10, 2013
    banned without even playing the game, contact support and still no response after a week, avoid like the plague, last time i buy most expensive package to help this company.
  100. Nov 12, 2013
    This game should really be avoided. I tried it on a trial, so luckily i haven't spent any money on this.
    I have been killed 3 times by hackers in my short time of playing (around an hour or so overall). One flying, second one shooting me through a rock, third one running at light speed.
    Then there's this annoying crash bug that randomly crashes whole pc without any other option than to
    push a reset button. Happened to me 4 times. I did try every solution available on the forums. Including ridiculous ones like reinstalling whole system. It only happens to me on this game and i have a high end PC.
    I also got stuck in the texture 3 times.
    All this in around an hour. I did try to give this a chance, but i just give up. Ridiculous.
    There should be a huge sign "work in progress" on steam. They claim it contains features it does not for what they can surely be sued.
    Also, the support is almost non existant. Going through forums i've seen problems that were totally ignored by devs (the crashes for example).
    Great idea served the worst way possible.

Do not play. Even for free. Even if they pay you.
  101. Mar 4, 2013

1. Mar 7, 2013
    Its mechanical foundation - like this Foundation Release - crumbles at the lightest touch. [March 2013, p.94]
  2. Feb 22, 2013
    The War Z has about as much value as its crappy in-game melee weaponry and that’s not much at all. At least it doesn’t cost anything to play after you buy it, and the cash shop items are fair enough, so you won’t see people running around with machine guns just because they spent money. If you’re going to give your money to a zombie-survival game, grab ArmA II and a copy of the DayZ mod, or wait for the full retail version of DayZ to arrive on digital store shelves and check that out. Do not buy into The War Z.
  3. Feb 5, 2013
    The War Z might use the same elements that make DayZ an enthralling experience. But it puts them together so halfheartedly that you have to turn away in disbelief.