1.7

Overwhelming dislike- based on 3874 Ratings

1. Dec 19, 2012
    DON'T BUY IT!!!!! This game was made in not time to jump on the DayZ/Walking Dead bandwagon and released too early to cash in on the Christmas sales.

The game itself is unbalanced, the textures and animations are outdated. Loads of bugs! The game world feels empty, the maps are small but getting from A to B takes ages because of low running speed. The Ingame-Shop is more of pay to win
    model. (you can buy ammo) . Expand
  2. Dec 19, 2012
    Originally a pioneer player here. I Asked for a refund from their forums and was banned for doing so. Xsolla would not originally grant me my refund ( even though it was within 30 days) after talking to American Express CC that problem was fixed, although I could never log in to the forums or the game again. They simply want your money. 4 hours re-spawn time unless you pay 50GC? FAIL.
    Many reports of hackers, botters, etc from clan mates. Money grubbing title to be sure.
  3. Dec 18, 2012
    TL;DR: Is it better than DayZ? No. Is it bad in its current shape? Yes. Is it **** Not quite. Does it have potential to be better? Maybe, but I wouldn't bet on it. WarZ has the unpleasant disadvantage of being compared to DayZ. As a consequence, a lot of players see this game as being vastly inferior to its predecessor. And they would be right. I'll start with what the devs have done (or attempted to do) well.

Firstly, the devs have done a fairly decent job with the actual interface of the game (i.e. no stupid DayZ backpack shenanigans). It's as easy as pressing "e" to pick up an item, and it won't delete anything if your backpack is full! It is fairly straightforward and anyone with an IQ above 60 can figure it out in 15 minutes or less.

Secondly, the devs attempted to cater to a wide audience from the beginning and be more "casual friendly". One example of this is the "normal" and "hardcore" modes. In normal mode, your character will lose all his gear but won't "die". In hardcore mode, it's permadeath. As long as you separate the two, I see no problems with that. However, in the current gamestate this doesn't happen and there are no benefits to playing on hardcore mode.

Lastly, once you get to a location to scavenge, scavenging is still somewhat fun. HoweverI think this is in part because of the ease in the user interface and that it is infinitely better than the way DayZ handles it.

And now the criticisms; there are a lot.

The biggest problem with WarZ is the lack of depth to the map. In DayZ, you normally could find civilization very frequently and find scavengable buildings scattered about. WarZ feels really 1 dimensional about this. There are honestly only about 25 to 30 or so major looting locations on the entire map. What makes this worse is that it is incredibly tedious and boring to move from one location of the map to the next. When I mean tedious, I mean, 20 minutes of slow paced walking without any action whatsoever.

Problem number 2 is the lack of cooperation, communication, or interaction between players. In DayZ you see this interaction frequently between players via "direct communication" from mics. One major flaw in WarZ is that YOU CANNOT USE A MICROPHONE TO COMMUNICATE WITH ANOTHER PLAYER. This is a major problem that should be addressed quickly, as typing is the only means of communication in-game. On top of that, aiming in this game is as simple as COD. In Arma II it was very difficult to aim and shoot players or zombies. This game is 100% kill on sight, with no communication whatsoever, which is frustrating. For WarZ, it feels like a point and click adventure game when shooting players. This brings me to my next point.

You will never realistically shoot zombies in this game when looting by yourself. Ammo is incredibly rare relative to the number of zombies on the map. I have only shot other players (in self defense, mind you), and zombies that were alerted from those shots. Unfortunately, this makes the game even more tedious. Your primary form of combat in WarZ against zombies will be melee weapons. There's absolutely no diversity in any of the melee weapons or attacks (other than damage), so combat is very one-dimensional.

There are a multiple of bugs in the game. In many instances, you will fall off rocks and take fall damage without any legitimate warning. Zombie AI is highly bugged and their pathfinding can be broken by simply jumping on top of a car.

Global inventory and the ability to pay for items also ruins the game. It's frustrating to think that another player can simply buy their items with real world money. It's not so bad that they can buy guns and completely demolish everyone on the server, but enough to "irk" you and piss you off. It also ruins the idea that you need to "scavenge" for everything you need Global inventory is an equally bad idea. It essentially acts as a bank for your characters items that you can deposit in safe zones. Once a character enters one of these "safe zones", you can equip them with any item found in there, INCLUDING items you scavenged from another survivor. I feel as if this also turns the game from survival into grinding for items.

Finally, I would like to argue that the devs have done dubious at best at supporting the game. In the past 2 months, I honestly don't think I've seen any significant progression in the game mechanics, broken zombie pathfinding, or any polishing that has occurred. Their web pictures are very cherrypicked and are not representative of gameplay in my opinion.

WarZ, in it's current state at 12/19/12 is truly an unfinished game. It has some feel of DayZ, but it's lacking and not developed. In particular, it lacks the tension that is generated by DayZ because virtually all players will kill on sight. DayZ from Arma II:CO is more worth your money.
  4. Dec 18, 2012
    Horrible customer service, Misleading advertising, doesn't live up to expectations. This should be a free to play game. Plus it takes 40 minutes just to walk from town to town. Who wants to spend 40 minutes looking at horrible textures (which they snagged from their previous game by the way) only to get to a town to be killed by someone. You can't play this game without being killed the first 30 minutes of playing unless your with friends. Overall this game is horrible. Fun gameplay but the lack of service and support ruined the game entirely. I am no longer going to support this game when the staff are acting like dickwads. Expand
  5. Dec 27, 2012
    http://warzscam.tumblr.com/ says it all as to WHY it is a terrible game and why it must be avoidable! ppl are STILL saying the game is in beta?? they got no clue whats going on, sergey already stated the game is not alpha or beta anymore! if people did their research on the game, or even read the warz forums/steam warz forums. they would know WHY there is ton of hate towards it, again, this game is just a SCAM!!! Expand
  6. Dec 19, 2012
    Summary of the game, Spend 1 hour walking finding stuff, get killed by other players instantly. Wait 4 hours for my character to re spawn, and do it all over again. This game is set up to give people with money a better chance at playing this game more... "Oh all your characters are dead, tough shi*, you have to wait 4 hours for them to re spawn while this guy with money falling out of his pockets gets his characters instantly.". Oh you also spend 98% of the time in this game walking, yet they couldn't even get the walking animation down right, I mean if you are going to be spending most of a video game doing something at least make it good. This game is obviously a way to drain peoples pockets. Expand
  7. Dec 24, 2012
    This game would be a massive success if the designers/companies etc where making more commitment to the actual game and not so much about making more money once you have purchased the game!
    You should be able to re-spawn instantly and for free not have to either wait 5 "real" hours or pay using "real" money!!
  8. Dec 25, 2012
    OK not only is it a bad game maybe 1 or 2 out of 10 because of boring story and layout, glitches, and really a genre that just can't work it is also a marketing scam. Steam removed it because it lied on it's store page about length of development period, and version of the game it is a ripoff of DayZ's gameplay and even name. The zombies on the logo are photoshped versoins of the zombies on The Walking Dead's logo and it stole League of Legends's terms of service. DON'T EVEN TRY TO DEFEND THIS GAME!!! Expand
  9. Dec 20, 2012
    Bunch of fanboys on here giving out high scores blaming the customer for not "reading that the game is still in alpha/beta." Fun fact: the Steam page doesn't mention that minor detail. The company says the game is release worthy, and they're selling it like a release game. Don't listen to the fanboys, they're blinded by stupidity.
  10. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is absolutely awful. Please, do not waste your money on this game that is a clear rip off of DayZ and is under supported by this greedy, banhappy developer. If you voice an opinion of dislike for the game, in any capacity (constructive criticism or otherwise) you will get a permanent ban and no option of refund.

Save yourself; but this game isn't the way to survive.
  11. Dec 19, 2012
    Well i will rate this game on the content and not the surrounding criticism due to the misrepresentation of this game on War Z store page ( also steam), the lack of acknowledging wrong doing by the devs and so on..

I was looking forward to War Z although i did have my worries of this being a simple cash grab that was trying to jump on Day Z's coat tail of success/popularity and well Day
    Z and War z being almost identical by name could give one some fear of what i just mentioned and my fears were and are confirmed.

This is nothing more than a cash grab trying to exploit off another games viral success and i say this because the game is inherently broken, controls very clunky and although the game is being sold it is missing key features which are advertised.
    The visuals are poor, a simple walk (not jump) over a ridge can deplete all health, hitmarkers are very hit or miss and suspect to say the least, poor effort in the sound dept (although they just added some new bgm but i left before this had happened), poor pc support w/ almost no dif between low and high settings, depth of field is very poor wheter is draw distance or just trying to look from door to next room ( have you looked @ a doorframe lately? looks like one with the house/building), maps have not exceeded 100km as of yet although promised up to 400km, servers are laggy as hell but this can be fixed, night time gameplay = spray paint your led/lcd screen black ( i mean come on !! has hammerhead ever been outside at night?), Day Z zombies make War Z zombies look and feel very generic and lack luster and this isnt saying much ( no offense Day Z), The water is outright ugly and pathetic, spawning needs help, boring enviorment which is very ugly to look at to begin with, plenty of bugs in game which effect gameplay and the list goes on..

I dont care if this was 5 bucks, if a game is bad its bad even if it were free so please stop saying "its just a 15 dollar game"..

Save your money , do not buy and the fact that the devs lie, take no responsability and use banning on forums as an answer to anything which isnt a glory to high heavens this game is awesome type of comment is appauling = tread lightly on forums or you will be banned/blacklisted...

I wasted my money for you guys, so you dont have to suffer this let down.
  12. Dec 19, 2012
    Already asked my refund. Kind of wondering "How the hell did this get to steam?" And now thinking on re-making that old Q-basic game which involved two gorillas throwing explosive bananas at each other with zombies and putting on steam also to get a quick cash.
  13. Dec 18, 2012
    Super pissed off that I paid $30 for this game in october, and check back every 2 weeks or so to see if they fixed all the crap that was wrong with it. Every time I checked back, there were some new features, but no fixed broken stuff. For example the last 3 times (six weeks) I've tried playing, I spawn in with nothing visible but sky and the river, then die from a random hacker named 213521345623456 or something. So essentially I paid $30 for a horrible game, that was launched to early. I have been in a lot of alphas and betas, and this is definitely not ready for prime time at all. I would consider this a prototype, not an alpha, certainly not ready to be HALF PRICE that I paid on steam. **** this game. Expand
  14. Dec 18, 2012
    Horrible game. What more is there to say? Read the GameSpy review for all you need to know about the horrible-ness of this game.

15. Dec 18, 2012
    You're basically paying to play a beta that will never be worked on, just a cash grab in the vain of DayZ. This quite possibly is the worst game I've ever played. Seriously, I'm not just saying that. There are two games I wish I never played
  16. Dec 18, 2012
    I am disappointed that Steam would carry a game whose creators (1) lie shamelessly to the customer, (2) deliver a product so blatantly slapped-together to capitalize on the popularity of a free mod for a game made by other people, and (3) take every available opportunity to silence criticism and blame the victim. Watch Total Biscuit's "The Bore Z" on Youtube. Or any gameplay video on Youtube, but TB's is particularly recent and educational. Expand
  17. Dec 18, 2012
    I found out about this game a few months ago and was under the assumption it was a game company that decided to cash in on dayz and povide a A+ title (the screenshots of said in-game play looked very VERY impressive, and there promises of course)... So i start up steam this morning and see WarZ "OMG ITS OUT ALLREADY!!!". sigh.. i think i am going to go cry in a corner now. i do no have any idea on earth why the would start selling this game already.. PRE-ORDER + ALPHA/BETA access would have been smart.. but, that said.. they are ether idiots... or realize they will never be able to finish the game and live up to the promises / fake in-game screenshots and just decided to cash out really quick..... Expand
  18. Dec 18, 2012
    Extremely dull and boring. It's just a glorified deathmatch game with zombies. It looks like **** no matter what settings you put it on. Plenty of bugs and glitches. Not worth anyone's time.
  19. Dec 18, 2012
    Terrible game that is purely trying to grab as much money as possible. I was wrongly banned and they wouldn't tell me why or what for and then refused a refund. Good thing credit card companies don't like shady game developers and their **** as I was able to get my money back. All features promised are not available and scrip kiddies with wallhacks run rampant amongst other things.
  20. Dec 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Spoiler Alert! This game is **** You will not enjoy this game unless you are prepared to fork out additional money purchasing hacks or exploits which run rampant within the community. The game is a complete rip from their other game War Inc. which mind you isn't hidden at all, they've came out and said that it's just retexturing etc. To summarise the game, it was hastily made to capitalise on the hype that DayZ had created. Expand
  21. Dec 19, 2012
    One of, if not *the*, worst games of all time.
    The game itself is mediocre, at best. What truly makes the game disgusting is the developers. They've not only lied to, deceived, and abused their players, but have openly admitted in interviews that they're okay with that.
    The game is nothing more than a cash-grab - the developers have gone so far as to refuse refunds to players, claiming
    that whichever bank/group had handled the initial funds could no longer be located, or some rubbish like that.
    Regarding the game, hackers run rampant with little to nothing being done about it. the player base is commonly lied to about updates and features, and again, the developers feel no shame in this behavior. It's all about the money to them.
    The game is just a desperate attempt to ride the coattails of Day Z's popularity, sadly.
  22. Dec 19, 2012
    Possibly one of the worst games I have played. The game features are broken, servers keep crashing, graphics are horrible and the advertised features and specs are misleading. Do not buy.
  23. Dec 19, 2012
    This is a scam. For the previous "game" of the lead for The WarZ, check http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR3a0gixfwI This gives indie developers and alpha funding a bad name, what a shame!
  24. Dec 19, 2012
    There is a lot of negative controversy regarding the WarZ and I feel that a lot of people rating are following the hive mind and actually haven't touched the game. However, as a person who has invested several hours playing this game and contemplating whether I should continue to invest my time into it, can say this: this game has potential, but it's execution is horrible. I am weary of ever purchasing another hammer point interactive product as now I perceive them to be money grabbing scumbags and therefore should not trust them with my money, nor my time.

Many of you may feel my next statement follows the hive mind of misled fanatics mindlessly bashing the WarZ. If you feel like I am, note that there are concrete facts supporting my statement. If you still desire a Zombie Apocalypse survival experience, then play DayZ. In it's early stage of development, it has achieved much, much more than what WarZ has. There are assuredly many other pros and cons of each of these games, but this is not the place for them. If you purchase this game, I hope you do not regret your decision.
  25. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is just a quick cash grab riding on the Day Z mod's success. I urge anyone that bought this game to request a refund. It's a shame this trash was allowed to be put on Steam in the first place and these idiots are giving indie developers a bad name.
  26. Dec 19, 2012
    Worthless game that should not even be considered a game. False advertising, missing features, graphics that look like a game from 10 years ago, horrible game design, micro-transaction scams and more. Stay away from this at all costs.
  27. Dec 19, 2012
    The game itself is badly designed. While it has some glances of a good game , overall it just fails. It's not finished AT ALL and deserves a 3-4. Sadly the creators of the game spout lies on the steam page. Also the latest moves from them are shady at best , I personally was in beta and since 2 months they added both GI and Clans as complete gameplay features ( and that's it ).

After a interview in gamespy were the leader of this dev teams acts like it's the users fault for the mistakes he made , they continue to alter the game ( not adding any new gameplay feature ) and adding a 4h timer when you die.
    The worse is that you can revive immediately if you pay REAL MONEY.

In terms of stability , older users got to pay MORE for the game than on release , so If they continue this practice coming early to the game doesn't offer nothing , SO WAIT UNTIL IT'S FINISHED to actually try it, since you don't loose nothing in waiting. It's sad to see a game go out like this ... it deserves a 3-4 but with the negative points arktos and hammerpoint / Sergey Titov and his devs give .... it should get a negative score just cause they actually ruined the game in a cash grab.
  28. Dec 19, 2012
    Please do not buy this game, the developers are some of worst types of people around; con-men, nothing more, nothing less. The community is terrible also, if anyone has a complaint or issue they usually get insulted and played off as a dayz "fanboy" or a immature child, you cant seem to have a conversation with these people, if they don't get you then the banhammer will. The game itself has no merit, no redeeming features, nothing. Expand
  29. Dec 19, 2012

The worse is that you can revive immediately if you pay REAL MONEY.

30. Dec 19, 2012
    This is a game that rides on the wave that the Arma II mod DayZ made. It's a terrible knockoff riddled with bugs, bad game design and an obvious "Pay to Win" model. The whole game is pretty much ripped out of War Inc, with the only new additions being zombies. Don't support the people behind this game.
  31. Dec 19, 2012
    It doesn't even deserve to be called a game. From the very start, the developers have been obviously trying to milk the consumers whom they promised some unfulfilled features.
  32. Dec 19, 2012
    damm rlly. i love that **** game.. but the devs are how to say it.. fail ONLY bugs they let return older bugs they ban ppl or not `? cabnt reach support just money making... guys get better or delete warz !

sehrgay sucks :D
  33. Dec 19, 2012
    The worst game i ever spent my money on. Don't buy it unless you want to get scammed these are the same developers of WAR INC how much promises did this company break with that game... Just do some research and you will know this company is filled with a bunch of scammers.
  34. Dec 19, 2012
    Thx for giving out weapons to stupid streamers just cause you though it wouldn't be completely unprofessional.

Thx for banning me for telling people that you gave weapons .

Now here's your reward .. a 0 !
  35. Dec 22, 2012
    You can give me the "its in alpha" speech, but I have already heard it. The game is in alpha, but is extremely broken. Every game has its bad aspects, but this one has maybe 1 good aspect. Its so bad! The graphics are horrible, and as far as I can tell, there is not a single difference between Ultra graphics and Low graphics. It's horrible. The most fun I get out of it is being the douche-bag I hate and killing someone who has something worth five minutes. The steam page does lies about everything. There really is not any PVE whatsoever. It's a big deathmatch. But so is DayZ. The game is extremely bad. Do not get it. Luckily I won two free accounts. Expand
  36. Feb 12, 2013
    well... here's the gist. I've played this game since october. i was promised a finished game in early november which still hasn't happened. bugs, hackers, freezing, and crashing are among my personal list of irritations. I also have friends who have had accounts randomly banned, and twice charged for the game on top of my issues. it deserves all the negative criticism it's gotten.
    why do you think it has no positive professional reviews? only bad.
  37. Dec 26, 2012
    This is one of the worst games i have ever seen, the Game play is terrible the textures are terrible on the website it says you cant buy weapons but that's a lie you can buy food and weapons which defeats the whole purpose of survival, if i were anyone questioning purchasing this game, personally not buy it not even once finished if it even gets that far.
  38. Dec 28, 2012
    Reviewer: I don't know WarZ, I've never played WarZ, but ...but ... *breaks down crying*

Announcer: That's alright, your tears say more than real words ever could.
  39. Jan 1, 2013
    Bought this game after playing DayZ via the official website ( which hasn't been updated since October). My biggest regret is not purchasing it on steam, because no refunds are available from the official site. The forums are heavily moderated to the point that any any negative posts about the game get deleted and the head developer in an interview with GameSpy showed no remorse for the blatant lying on the game's steam description. Many features that where promised months ago have not been implemented such as having friends, a skill tree and rent-able servers. There is only one playable map, unlike the many the steam description advertised. Besides that the website claims that the map has an area of around 100 square kilometres meanwhile its actual size is around 10 square kilometres, here's proof: http://www.pcgamesn.com/article/how-big-war-zs-map. The game itself costs around 15 dollars but you can purchase in game currency to buy melee weapons and supplies which I find very shady. There are also many, many in game issues ranging from invisible walls far from the edges of the map, shoddy textures, the most hideous trees I have ever seen and taking fall damage while walking down a gentle slope. The game version is now 1.1.0 so it is not in alpha any more so that cannot be used as an excuse. Perhaps in the future this game will improve but for now stick with DayZ or wait for the DayZ standalone game that is rumoured to be coming out in this year Expand
  40. Jan 3, 2013
    Where can I start? Oh right yeah... Firstly, the developers produce screenshots that aren't even remotely correct (vehicles/working guns and vaccines e.t.c)...Then they lie about half of their features: huge maps? There's one map and let's face it, it's not very big. But we all know about those and I can't be bothered to go through any more. They took our money and put it to bad use. C'mon devs.

Now onto the game. Yeah, it's fun sometimes, but only when you get into a gunfight with a non-hacking enemy, which is my first complaint. Too many hackers. They don't even have anything close to an anti-hack system. They rely on screenshots and other reports. Then they don't even do anything.

Secondly, it's full of bugs. Too many bugs, then they have the right mind to call the game not alpha or beta, but "foundation release". Bugs: walking down a mountain and losing 90% of your health, jumping through a window and getting flung through the ceiling onto the roof, grass not rendering at far distances on lower graphics settings, therefore giving people with slower computers a better advantage. Also, all the random crashes, most commonly when you kill an enemy with lots of loot, it all drops at once causing a lag spike and even crashes.

Another thing is the zombies, way too overpowered for beginners, there needs to be some kind of tutorial to basically tell them how to survive. As a beginner you are sat there pounding 30 hits into a zombie with a baseball bat until they die. But if you're getting chased by a whole town of zombies then this isn't very good because you will almost certainly die.

Finally, the Sergey said the game won't be pay to win, but some websites are offering a version with an AKM, B92, a backpack and 21,000 GC (ingame cash). Won't be long before there's guns in the shop.

I think the game has potential but right now it's full of bugs, lying developers and constantly broken servers.
  41. Jan 8, 2013
    The game is rubbish. all it is trying to do is making use of the popularity of dayz and trying to earn money from people. the game is also not ready for release yet it was. go look at the T&C and its from LoL they didnt even remove the link
  42. Jan 8, 2013
    for goodness sake do not purchase this game, due to their quarrels over a lawsuit War Z has been removed from steam to prevent steam from becoming involved in this sham, the game itself is appalling and requires several fixes (more than that of Day Z mod for Arma 2) the servers are limited in size and people and have many issues attempting to connect to them from any day. the price for the game no matter WHAT OPTION you pick is a joke, if you insist on trying this game, find someone silly enough to have purchased it and use a day pass for 24hours, then you may have a faint incline of how poor this game really is. to top it off, the devs are refusing refunds to loyal customers who have stayed since its beta, due to the fact they have been fed false promises of repairs and new patches for the terrible bugs (which is illegal as i understand it) the in game cash system is also flawed, not only are you paying for an atrocious game the in game cash system offers you nothing unique such as custom gun or character skins, or something that will stay with the account forever, when you die, whatever you spend you lose (just imagine that £50 you just wasted) the only good points i can think of is that if the devs and mods listened and solved this game and improved it, it could have potential Expand
  43. Feb 17, 2013
    The game started out with having loads of potential and HEAPS of room for improvement. There were missing features, bugs, glitches, hackers and more. Over time these have been ever so slightly addressed by Hammerpoint and to this day, are not fixed. There are STILL missing features that were originally promised, people are still able to glitch themselves onto roofs, bugs are everywhere and there are more hackers around than in any other game I have previously seen. And to add onto all this, the recent release of private servers has led to an uproar on the forums leading to a great MANY bans simply for people just voicing their opinion and criticising the game (many respected and well known people have been banned). Last, but not least, the game itself has unofficially not made it passed the Alpha stage, but officially it is a fully released game that is "always developing". It saddens me to think that a company that has achieved all this by lying and stealing has affected the gaming world and many. including myself, hope that other companies do not follow suite and do the same. All of this for a little money.. Expand
  44. Jan 6, 2013
    Buyer beware. The fact that this game was removed from Steam should be all you need to know that it is a scam. Their current scheme is perma-banning honest users in order to have them repurchase the game. Anyone with insider knowledge knows this game will not exist 6 months from now. Save your money and buy Arma II on Steam to play Dayz.
  45. Dec 19, 2012
    If you buy this game before reading up about how it is all a big scam by the developers... you deserve to lose your money on this steaming turd of a game.
  46. MFZ
    Jan 3, 2013
    The animations are stiff and lame. There's no physics. Other players kill you for no reason at all. They could be holding an AK and you could be holding a can of beans or a flashlight. They're gonna kill you anyway. The point of this game is nothing. It has no style. It's lifeless. I think the developers forgot they were making a video game.
  47. Feb 17, 2013
    The development direction is so shockingly bad that regardless of how well they're able to execute their vision the game will always be terrible. No destructible/repairable vehicles
    3rd person crosshair name plates
    Hackers everywhere from day 1
    below par graphics, animations, physics
    worst of all, terrible communications with the community during early stages and horrible management
    of upset customers. Not only do i regret buying this game but i'll never buy anything made by this development team again. Expand
  48. X0R
    Dec 26, 2012
    I bought WarZ prior to Steam, but it's development cycle has been really slow and actually feels more like a tweak-cycle to the existing client. This game has so much potential but currently is still pretty bad. With the choices the dev is making, it will never be great ...let alone mediocre. There's a lot of criticism and technical detailed info out on the web, so I won't repeat. However, the community is one of the worst you'll find in the MMO world. If you love CoD-type hardcore PvP, you'll be right at home. If you're looking for a survival game where the real focus is on killing zombies, you won't find satisfaction in WarZ. You start out with nothing that will give you a chance to survive a close zombie encounter, which forces you into buildings that are typically stalked by PvP players who kill you for a granola bar. Many WarZ players that love the game overlook the approach the dev is taking to nickel-and-dime consumers, as well as his pathetic forum moderation which bans users for criticizing the game. While DayZ has negative aspects as well, it has a great developer that cares about releasing an excellent product - something the WarZ peeps are not focused on. Expand
  49. Dec 19, 2012
    Its just AWFUL AWFUL game. You should not buy this. Devs are horrible, and its unbalanced. This game is not complete, its still an early alpha, **** of bugs.
  50. Oct 27, 2013
    This game is pure the company is pure and the customer support is pure pile of Don't give you money to this big joke of a so called "game company" it is worthless it should not exist! This is the bigges misstake of the year. They also perment ban people who bought the game for no reason. A company full of retards this is.
  51. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is an unfinished, buggy piece of **** This game has misleading advertising on its Steam page, they lie about the size of the maps and the amount of players per map. And on top of that, it is a buy to play game that has micro transactions, and guess what, you die once , you lose what you purchased for real money. Even if these issues weren't present the game is still a boring piece of **** Games should never be sold in this state, if you have a brain, you will avoid it. Expand
  52. Dec 18, 2012
    I bought this game on steam after reading the description and thought it be a satisfying alternative to DayZ. I was dead wrong. I will begin with the lies: - Screenshots are concept art and not ingame footage. - No dedicated private servers as stated in the steam description - Only supports 50 players per server and not 100 like they said - "learn dozen of available skills
  53. Dec 18, 2012
    The worst about this game are Devs.This game is cashgrab and its sad, that its propably very good at this.Shame for Valve, that they allowed them to Steam.
  54. Dec 18, 2012
    First of all, it is a blatant ripoff of dayz. Second its not even a good one. You list features on the steam store page and don't even meet half of them. Proof: http://i.imgur.com/j9Q3f.jpg And now all of a sudden you change the features after one day at the top of the steam list? Scams... i hope you get sued.
  55. Dec 18, 2012
    I purchased the legend pack a few months ago, and the developers still haven't delivered on their promises. They also advertised the game with false information and renders that were portrayed as in-game screenshots.

The game is out of beta now, but it feels like it should be an alpha due to the very low quality of terrain, models, shaders, animations, and AI. This is by far the worst
    game I have ever played. Expand
  56. Dec 18, 2012
    I think the game is pretty good so far in general however..

I bought the pioneer package at the start of alpha for $30, one thing that I don't really think is a good idea is the cash shop revival system pretty much the cash shop in general if I paid for the game already why should I dish out more cash? Kinda stupid in my opinion. Just remove the cash shop completely or turn it all to in
    game currency.... Expand
  57. Dec 18, 2012
    A steaming pile of turd, and that's being complimentary. Don't listen to the fanboys,its the worst game around since Big Rigs was released by the same muppet. Still dont believe me, check out war inc, sergay titov's other big blockbuster. More lies and broken promises there too. Anyone who had anything to do with this game should be ashamed. Check out the official forums, anything not remotely kissing the devs poo tubes gets deleted straight away. Anyway I give this game -10. Enjoy :) Expand
  58. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is terrible and that is only due to the developers having only one objective which was to make money from the dayz success, Hammerpoint have constantly lied about most things small and big to uphold any hope for the warz game that the community might have left.. At least they cannot ban people from meta critic for voicing their opinions. As tempting as it might be do not buy this game, I guarantee you will regret it.. Expand
  59. Dec 19, 2012
    I want to warn everyone to NOT buy this "game". It's barely out of beta and doesn't have half the features it claims it has. After accepting their TOS you are no longer entitled to a refund. Which is illegal. This entire "game" is a moneygrab and a fraud. DO. NOT. BUY. THIS. GAME!
  60. Dec 19, 2012
    God-awful game, and the developers are lying and deceiving all of their customers. You're essentially paying $20-30 to alpha test the game for the developers. The game was released on Steam without any mention of the fact the game is still in alpha, and the description includes numerous key features that simply do not exist in the game. Don't fall for it!
  61. Dec 19, 2012
    Terrible game, terrible company, terrible devs. They lie on metadata in Steam to make it show up when you search for 'Day Z'. People who are unsatisfied with the game, and want a refund, are threatened that their payment method will be submitted to a payment 'blacklist', meaning services like PayPal or other online checkouts might flag your credit card and will not accept your payment. Also, one of the lead developers, Sergey Titov, used a homophobic slur to describe some of his players. Don't support this game or the company that madei t. Expand
  62. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is a front by Hammerpoint to monetize players with micro-transactions. If you buy this game, expect to feel cheated and angry. Do not purchase this game.
  63. Dec 19, 2012
    The game is bad ...
    I bough the game and I can say it sucks , forum moderators ban everyone, devs don't listen ... The company just sucks.

And no I'm not banned due to hacking, I'm not a DayZ fanboy ... or whatever excuse even sergey is dishing out :D ( yes even the devs are stating on OFFICIAL posts that ppl that talk bad about the game are dayz fanboys )
  64. Dec 19, 2012
    DONT BUY THIS GAME This game is COMPLETE AND UTTER **** Hackers, features that won't be in-game, b2p AND p2w, poor graphics, poor gameplay and many issues that I won't list here, there are just too many. DONT BUY THIS GAME
  65. Dec 19, 2012
    They didn't care for the alpha testers.

They sold the game for us like it was worth $30 and sold it cheaper next while not doing nothing other than scrapping the features.

Thx for that , now this is what you get.
  66. Dec 19, 2012
    What the game devs and there CM done is wrong and illegal. This game is a scam and nothing they listed about the game was in the game when I bought it on steam. I played with my friend and he asked a lot of question about where this in the game and where is that and i was the same. I did play few hours before him. There tons of hackers in the game and bugs and on steam is doesn't say you buy into beta or any such things when I bought the game. Stuff like Hardcore mode doesn't work, you walking down a hill and it will kill you. Expand
  67. Dec 19, 2012
    this game is a joke dont buy it you buy this game and they just try to get more monney from you and the complete game is a ripp off from war inc the models and weapons are all from war inc and the screenshoots and information about the game are **** lies DONT BUY THIS **** GAME FROM THAT LIAR AND THIEF!
  68. Dec 19, 2012
    An atrocious cash grab of a game... you expect some exaggeration from a marketing department but many of its features listed on Steam are out and out lies. AVOID!
  69. Sep 23, 2013
    This is not a game, this is a scam designed for users to pay contantly for items. Not fun, not worth of time nor money. It was called warz a few months ago, not it changes its name to keep scamming unaware people.
  70. Dec 21, 2012
    If you get banned for saying whats wrong with the game i don't think it deserves any score above 0. When players are getting banned for expressing their option you know its a dark time in the gaming industry.
  71. Dec 19, 2012
    This game has zero redeeming factors, so it gets a zero. Take it from me, someone who has bought, played, and then refunded the game. You are randomly thrown into a large baron map with literally nothing to do and no direction on how to do it. All of the good items in the game require you to pay real money for them. If you don't like PvPing then there i s LITERALLY zero content and fun to be had in this game. There are no missions, no story, no quests, barely any NPCs, no dungeons, no way to group up with friends (or even send them private messages), no vehicles to ride in, no skills to level up, NOTHING. You just wander around a bunch of scenery and either get chased by zombies, or try to kill other people for their belongings. The only good getting their belongings does you is that you will be able to survive a little longer. The thing is, you're surviving and doing nothing at all. Most people sit and snipe players. The rest are hackers. People have invisibility mods and all sorts of other things that just completely ruin the game. Do yourself a favor and stay far far far away from this game. I thought maybe the game had a shot if they were calling this a an alpha or a beta, but the lead game developer just came out and said "As far as I'm concerned The War Z is in a stage when we're ready to stop calling it Beta. This is a basic version Expand
  72. Dec 18, 2012
    This game was a horrendous waste of my time and money. Trying to get a refund from steam as we speak. Almost none of the features described are in the game yet! The graphics are awful even on the "ultra" settings I imagine you could play it on a netbook. Attack animations are non-existent, zombies are nearly unkillable with starting weapon, you can't SWIM, almost every player will kill you on sigh regardless of if you have any items, and the death system is awful. When you die you have to wait four hours to respawn. Four REAL hours not in-game time! Not to mention it seems to bug out a lot and I'll get killed by zombies that are several meters away. If you spend money on their cash shop you lose any item you buy when that character dies permanently. I have a migraine just from trying to understand how a game this unfathomably bad could be released on Steam or to the public in any way. If this game was in beta I'd still tell all my friends to avoid it, but it's a full release?! Expand
  73. Dec 18, 2012
    BUYER BEWARE! This game is being advertised with features that aren't in the game. For instance: several hundred km2 map(s), up to a hundred players, skill progression, etc. These are features that are supposed to be in the game at a later date, if at all.---------------------------------------------------------

While the developers behind The War Z are weaselly and dishonest at
    best, the game can still be genuinely enjoyed. Player interactions are intense and sneaking through towns to get loot is definitely exciting. However, with all of that said this game is quite a lackluster. The graphics and animations are poorly done, the game world is empty, and there's hardly any depth to the game which would indicate that this game has been in development past alpha testing.---------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps later on down the road the game will deserve a higher rating, but as it stands now there's a lot to be desired. The rating I'm going to give this game a four out of ten.
  74. Dec 18, 2012
    Ok, here is the deal. I purchased this game Oct 14th at the pioneer level. I played it and had a blast. I have been playing ever since and have seen all the changes that have been made. Some good, some not so good. I went into this knowing full well I was playing an alpha build and knew there would be bugs for a while and several changes would be made. Yes, I have played DayZ for some time prior to purchasing this game, and that is actually the reason I found this game. I never came into this spiteful that it was ripping off DayZ. I have read just about every rant and rave people had and also everything the developers came back with. It was a little hard to swallow but I gave them the benefit of the doubt. I get killed a lot by bandits, not always hackers, but sometimes my deaths are too fishy to even have a doubt that some horseplay was going on. I just suck it up and load a new character and enjoy what time I spend alive in game. It has now become too much for me to stomach. Consistently being killed after 3 minutes in game is crazy. Take a look at Youtube and all of the hacks that there are for this game. I realize that they have banned over 3k people and that they are trying to fight it, but laying traps for people and banning innocent players is excessive. I have not even mentioned the fact that I payed what I believed was a "pre-release deal" at 40 some dollars, and now its on steam for around 15 bucks. I just dislike overpaying and being told I was getting a deal. Are you a game company comprised of used car salesmen? I have read Gamespys interview and I have just about had enough with this whole debacle. I don't even want my money back. I want an apology for making promises that you could not deliver and over charging me and many others to fund your development of this now third rate game. Sincerely
    a once loyal fan
  75. Dec 19, 2012
    SCAM! RIP OFF! SCAM! RIP OFF! SCAM!

Please read before you buy:

This game is a total rip off and scam. The developers are incompetent liars who are not fit to run a game. Avoid this game at all costs. I made the mistake of making 8 or 9 friends and family members buy this game and boy was it a colossal mistake. Sergey Titov is a lying, greedy rat bastard. Please do not support him
    and this game. Ok on to the game: This game is filled with hackers, completely ruins all the fun. They have features like pay for clan that you have to pay for. They have 4 hour long deathtimers that you can buy your way out of with real money. They don't have many features that they told us they would have. Everything is delayed. Basically they are a bunch of liars and all deserve to be sued or go to jail for this scam. Expand
  76. Dec 19, 2012
    this is a **** fraud. it's in alpha state, it's a **** ripoff from dayz, it's just war inc with zombies. the developers are dirty **** liars. if you buy this game I will **** murder you
  77. Dec 19, 2012
    It's the worst game for a long time. Dev's tried to steal a little bit of succes of DayZ. Game is unfinished and already released on Steam. Half of features listed there is a LIE! I hope warz is going to die soon.
  78. Dec 19, 2012
    As of the time of writing (19/12/12) this game is still in reality a BETA . It's really not worth your time or money - and little more than a scam in my opinion so stay clear. They have recently updated their TOS and in them you need to declare that you waive your right to a refund. The gameplay is not all that it could be and it would appear that they will require quite a bit of work to correct this. Im amazed that STEAM allow this for sale. I can understand free access (due to being a BETA in everything but name) but having to pay for this is quite insulting. Expand
  79. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is garbage. Don't buy it unless you are looking for the second class citizen of the zombie MMO genre. I purchased the game in Alpha some time ago and have thoroughly NOT enjoyed the few hours I have put in. Game mechanics are clunky and it feels like you're in a bad comic book while playing. The community (if you can call it that) is full of hackers and the developers have continually lied about the game and it's features. Expand
  80. Dec 19, 2012
    WORST. GAME. EVER...

... unless you like pay2win, dishonest developers, broken and/or unfulfilled promises about the game development, **** graphics, a massive amount of hackers and paying 15$ (and more if you want to use all features via in game currency) for what basically is a mod of an already **** free2play (and pay2win) game War Inc.

Go spend your money on everything but this,
    even a Nickelback album. Expand
  81. Dec 19, 2012
    Hello my Name is SehrGay i can prove this game is a piece of crap.
    Please don't buy this game. I hope Mr. Sergay T. reads this. I hope this Company goes completly Broke and stops making Games...
  82. Dec 19, 2012
    The game company lied openly to it's customers. Fact: They posted the wrong information purposefully on Steam to lure customers in a "cash grab" in many ways including and up to charging players real money to "respawn" or they would wait 4 hours. It was stated by the developers no extra money would be required beyond buying the game to "play" the game. FACT: A developer is recorded stating he will have access to a "god mode" command, where he will then kill any bandits he does not like in the game.

FACT: The game was stolen from DayZ, and covered up to make it look like it was in development before days. It tries to copy the systems of DayZ, yet cannot own up to it in the slightest.

FACT: Asking for a refund may result in you being threatened with legal action, up to and including being "blacklisted" so that payments cannot be made using certain services.

FACT: They have no system to prevent hackers, yet are charging real money for items you lose when you die to hackers.

FACT: They have an illegal clause in the TOS which states you are not allowed to obtain a refund, even though in just about every country this is breaking the law in itself.

This needs to be exposed now. Everyone who has power in the gaming world needs to come forward, and put an end to this. If this company is allowed to continue, there is no telling what else will be allowed. Please, for the sake of the future of gaming, of Steam... to show people how blind they are. I still see many people saying the game is "fine" even though they are the minority, even with the proof they have been lied to, and cheated they still defend this company. I'm not sure what this generation needs to see through it, I really don't. It makes me physically ill at times when I'm reading the comments of people praising Hammerpoint. How can you not see through it? He isn't even doing it intelligently, he's calling YOU the idiots for reading something correctly that they put up incorrectly.

I feel like I'm beating my head against a solid steel wall right now. Is there no hope left for this world?
  83. Dec 19, 2012
    This game break so many laws and codes, If it was a book the authors would have been shunned with obvious plagiarism, Its a cash Grab by a cheap and shoddy games company to cash in on the Free game DayZ, Avoid this mess and shame on Steam for selling it.

I for one will boycott steam and buy my games elsewhere..Tripe
  84. pty
    Dec 19, 2012
    Purchased this game on the day it was made available in deep alpha. Played it and accepted the hundreds of game breaking bugs, like falling through the world, walking into a wall killing you, walking down hills taking 90% of your health. I gave it time to progress because it was Alpha and I really enjoyed the concept. After forgetting about the game for the better part of a month, I returned to find a more polished yet still absolutely broken game. The hacking was rampant. I made four characters (because once you die, you must wait an hour to play that character again), and I spawned in with each one of them who was summarily headshotted within 20 seconds of spawning. The devs do little to acknowledge how broken the game is, while pushing pay to win options down your throat without adding much substance. Not to mention that your pay-to-win items are completely lost when you die, which in my case was within 5 minutes of spawning.

Stay away from this game as it seems like it is a cash grabbing scam. I suggest everyone go take a read of this thread on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/152tbh/warz_patch_unleash_the_true_moneywhoring/

Do not buy. Buyer beware. If you purchased it via the old system with Paypal, you can request a refund through paypal. It takes about 7-10 days.
  85. Dec 19, 2012
    This is nothing but a CON, sergey is a con-artist from mother russia and tbh even he puts real Russians to shame, DO NOT buy this game, while it does sustain a very small amount of the panic, fear and emotion dayz does with your character, it also RIPS open your wallet and rapes it without and lube, everything has a micro transaction cost and also a cost to purchase the game, while other games do one or the other this is the first ive come across that is such a blatant rip off, of other decent games and your wallet

I am only a hater after playing it for at least 30 hours over several updates, if you only listen to one thing, I have this game since day one, it was fun for a very short period but your better spending that £10 in planetside 2 and getting more fun over a longer period.
  86. Dec 19, 2012
    Unless this crap company starts giving refunds and removes it's ridiculous non refund policy, I will continue to tell everyone I know to stay clear of this lemon.

87. Dec 19, 2012
    Sergey, you're a lying f**k with a deceitfully sh*tty copycat game, and you helped develop one of the WORST games ever conceived with Big Rigs. You need to accept these things as fact, and fix them. You pissed off the gaming community, now you need to pay with blood, sweat and tears. Fix this hunk of dogsh*t game, fix your bad attitude, and reevaluate your life and how you treat us gamers, then MAYBE we'll hand you our hard earned cash. Expand
  88. Dec 19, 2012
    I been playing this game since day one. I really gave this game a chance. This game is has a really bad hacking problem and the devs don't know how to handle. The devs are a joke they thing there anti hack is working well I'm here to tell you that it's not. I bought a $15 copy of the game and used hacks for 5 days got ban in there big ban wave for hacking. The really cool part 2 days later they un ban me saying they are sorry for banning my account and I was not hacking (which I was) and they also gave me 1000GC for my lost time. Not only did I get my account un ban I know a bunch of other hackers who also got there account un ban as well. Every time they come out with a patch they fix one thing and break about 10 other things. Don't tell me this game will get better or its beta or alpha or whatever they case maybe. The devs have no clue what they are doing with this game and it is to late to fix it. Expand
  89. Dec 25, 2012
    All I can say is that I'm utterly disappointed in Hammerpoint for making such an awful game that in the beginning seemed incredibly promising. I have wasted time, energy and money on this piece of garbage and I feel completely ripped off. The worst part? I still hope the game will improve and I know that, in the end, I myself and others who hope for the same will eventually be let down. Again.
  90. Dec 25, 2012
    A great, big, steaming, pile of the foulest smelling manure 15 dollars can buy. In fact, I'm pretty sure that purchasing $15.00 worth of crap would be a better investment, because at least you could fertilize a few plants with the manure.
  91. Dec 26, 2012
    I believe that they are associated with Russian organized crime. There is a lot of money in gaming, both legitimate and illegitimate, to be had. Its a grey area of the law, especially international law, and I know that organized crime has their hand in both the gold seller market, as well as the game development markets.

People laugh when I say that, but there are billions of dollars in
    this industry, and just like American crime has their hands in various industries. Gaming is a ripe fruit just waiting to be plucked by them. They'd be stupid to pass it up.

So what do I think of WarZ? It blatantly steals content from other games. They ripped League of Legend's ToS, They plagiarized images from The Walking Dead, and they stole at least one UI from Crysis. The developers are lying through their teeth while threatening anyone demanding a refund with having Paypal blacklist you as an, "Untrustworthy user". What they're doing would be against several US Federal laws, but since they're in Russia, they get away with it. Otherwise, Hammerpoint would have already been sued to the ground which is what should happen.

Vanilla WoW's graphics are better than The War Z, the controls are clunky, the hackers are everywhere, there a ONE HOUR respawn time (Which further proves that the devs are far out of touch with gamers), There's a really bad in-game cash shop that will not stop bothering you that there's a cash shop, you lose all of your items whenever you are killed, even if they're items bought in the cash shop, the GM's are abusive in-game and will ban legitimate players for nothing while spawning their own items to kill you on sight.

I've been to their forums as well. They're using a crappy PhP forum that looks as if it was made by a teenager, the forum staff can't hold themselves to the standards they set for the users, the entire community is toxic, any thread asking for a refund gets locked, deleted, and the user get's banned.

Everything about this company is unprofessional and should be avoided. If you are someone who's enjoying this game, awesome. Good for you. Sadly, the majority of players refuse to deal with a game this bad and with a company so fraudulent.
  92. Dec 27, 2012
    Never in my life have I been so bored and underwhelmed with a game in my entire life. This game is entirely broken, yet the developers insist that the game is complete and is worth $15 at least. This game is basically a pay to win styled game, yet you can lose items that you have paid for with your hard earned cash by spawning in a server and getting camped by a bunch of people who are equally as bored as you are in this game. This game promises prominent features that aren't even in the game yet, and I doubt that the lazy liar of a team of developers won't ever implement any of these said features any time soon. And don't listen to the apologists who insist that this game is still in a "Alpha" format. This game has already gone through said "Alpha" and even "Beta" stages. The developers don't even indicate that its still in "Alpha" they constantly persist that the game is in a complete state and is worth your hard earned cash. This game deserves every piece of bad rep that it has endured, and no one should ever waste their money or time on it. Remember, this game was pulled from Steam for being a giant sack of malarkey. Expand
  93. Jan 1, 2013
    The War Z is possibly the most fraudulent game made in the last decade. From faked screenshots to advertising features on Steam (before it was removed) that do not exist in game, the title is one big lie after another. The game play itself consists of attempting to survive in a zombie infested world (again a much smaller world than advertised). However, the real danger in the world of War Z is the absolute failure of design as far as anti-cheat. Numerous cheats are available for sale and many, many people are using them. The legitimate player is much more likely to die from a script kiddie using an ESP hack or aimbot. This has been a problem from the first day that the game opened as the game is simply a mod for a game called War Inc. The cheaters simply modified their scripts from that game as it is the very same game except with badly done zombies. As this is a PVP game and you lose all of your items upon death this is a major issue which the developers don't seem to be able to fix. There are numerous other issues as well covered in many other reviews. Suffice it say, buying this game at this time is a pure waste of money. Expand
  94. Jan 2, 2013
    Total failure. This game is not successful copy of DayZ. The worst spent money. I completely don't recommend. The authors of WarZ are hyenas, which can't invent their OWN idea for game.
  95. Jan 2, 2013
    Game is a straight rip off from Day Z! Unoriginal Garbage that i can't believe steam let this trash even be purchased. a a a a a a a aa a aa a a aa aa a a a a a aaa a a a a Garbage!!!!
  96. Jan 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. El juego en si es un asco, malos gráficos, mala ambientación, mala optimizacion , bugs y glitches en todos lados, pero detrás de cámaras es mucho peor, la empresa a cargo del videojuegos dejara de dar soporte técnico al multijugador si el juego no llega a un numero de ventas determinados, ademas el juego es al parecer un mod mal hecho del juego "war inc battlezone" , graficos similares , armas, modelos e interfaz similar, en los terminos y condiciones del videojuego, robaron el de league of legends. Tambien en la informacion del videojuego se mentia acerca de como era el juego, al igual que en videojuego hecho por el mismo director de este Expand
  97. Jul 20, 2013
    Worst game experience I've ever had. Game crashes, bugs everywhere and pay to revive or wait one hour to play again? Pay real money for bullets? Really? The game is clearly unfinished and they ask money for it. Do not buy it!
  98. Jul 20, 2013
    Do not buy this game! EVER! Yup, as you can probably already tell I was unfortunately one of the many poor bastards that jumped on the Steam $3.74 sale bandwagon! Oh, wow what a shame. This is by far the most absolutely horrible, pathetic, lamest, crappiest, and a few more blankety blank blanks game I have ever played. I've never written a review or bothered with anything like this before, but this game has motivated me to do so now. This game is purely pay to maybe win and free to lose and die, suffer, regret, and rage, to the extreme. I'll lay out some math for you... They start you out with a flashlight, a granola bar, and a bottle of water. If you stand there without moving your thirst and hunger degenerate, which is fine, but it's to the extent that you have to eat and drink something roughly every 10 15 minutes. Huh, that's lame. Now, you have to find food and water by going into zombie infested areas which isn't too horrible, you have to survive, that's understandable. But then the map is really small and there's usually about 20 30 players minimum in any server at any time, so good luck getting the good stuff as a noob with a flashlight going against hordes of zombies and other dudes with guns, and not to mention you have about 30 minutes to do so otherwise you starve to death or die of thirst. But! You can buy food and water in the store! =O Holy crap, hallelujah! (Can't believe I spelled that right the first time.) Downside A bottle of water costs $400 in game cash, or a certain amount of gold coin things that you can only get with real money where 5 USD gets you 615 or so. So, $400 in game cash for a bottle of water. How hard could that be to get with only a flashlight and 30 minutes to spare? Well, according to the Wiki zombies have a 1:10 chance of dropping cash. They only ever really drop about 30-50 bucks in cash each time. So if you're lucky, you can afford a single bottle of water in about 30 zombie kills...maybe. And no, flashlights don't kill zombies very fast if you're wondering. Now, on top of this, the voice chat a good idea except people who pay out their asses for this game are as pathetic as what they sound, total BLANK-holes that shoot first, skip the questions, and hump your dead face. Horrible gaming community involved with this game, the customer support has never gotten anything but terrible reviews, they are obviously only using this game to make money, ripping their customers off at any chance they get, and don't forget that they can ban you for crashing if they decide to, or ban you for no reason at all, instead of actually having a passion for game design and providing something at least partially half way decent to play. The graphics suck, the game play is worthless, and the price is beyond insane. If there are any good reviews ANYWHERE about this game, they are most likely being paid by whatever hammer industry that devised this scam to rip people off. You can only play the game at first by playing a male, so if you're a girl and want to play as a female, you have to get $150,000 in game cash to buy the character, or spend about $5 to get a character. Every item that you use real life currency to purchase goes BYE BYE if you die, nothing is retained after you die. And you have to wait an hour before you can play again on that character. If there's any more crap about this game that I'm missing, I'm sure there's plenty of it left out there, eventually you'll walk right into the fan spraying all the BLANK, enjoy if you give this game a chance, I'd strongly suggest seeing the 20/100 metacritic score and avoid this catastrophe. This concludes my review, I am a proud survivor of this ridiculous infestation for three and a half hours, and now most currently a beyond proud and relieved uninstaller of Infestation Survivor Stories with way more BLANKS then any game should allow. I feel sorry for anyone who gives this game a chance, it's not worth it, and they only want your money without giving anything in return. Expand
  99. Dec 24, 2012
    What a bummer,they trying to release the game that haven`t finish yet.And now people who brought it got scammed.Stick with DayZ instead.WarZ is just a piece of crap that they wanna look like DayZ but even better,but nothing can do anymore with broken gameplay at all and rob money by purchase something...what a joke.War Inc game should not make a game like this!
  100. Jan 31, 2013
    A complete piece of garbage. Some games just rip off others, and the results is often mediocre at best, but War Z beats records in terms of lazy game development. If trolling had its equivalent in the game industry, this game would be a fine example. Stay away from this sorry excuse for a quick cash grab.

1. Mar 7, 2013
    Its mechanical foundation - like this Foundation Release - crumbles at the lightest touch. [March 2013, p.94]
  2. Feb 22, 2013
    The War Z has about as much value as its crappy in-game melee weaponry and that’s not much at all. At least it doesn’t cost anything to play after you buy it, and the cash shop items are fair enough, so you won’t see people running around with machine guns just because they spent money. If you’re going to give your money to a zombie-survival game, grab ArmA II and a copy of the DayZ mod, or wait for the full retail version of DayZ to arrive on digital store shelves and check that out. Do not buy into The War Z.
  3. Feb 5, 2013
    The War Z might use the same elements that make DayZ an enthralling experience. But it puts them together so halfheartedly that you have to turn away in disbelief.