1.7

Overwhelming dislike- based on 3923 Ratings

1. Dec 19, 2012
    This Game is Pathetic and so are the Devs. I bought this as soon as it came out(Oct.15) because i fell for there lies. Honestly I have never played a game that is worse than this.
  2. Dec 19, 2012
    This game has a decent base. I originally bought this as an alpha tester, it was obvious that it was in alpha. Now they've released the game to the public under the assumption "it's complete!" and I can't support this game at all. The underlying factors of bad business practice, ethics, the very potent censoring that goes on in their forums and the Steam discussion board is all very disturbing. I'm afraid to know what will happen in the future from this company and therefore cannot recommend it to friends nor give it a good rating. People are claiming this game is in Beta, it's NOT. This is still very much an alpha or even pre-alpha game. They're nowhere near final-release (which is the definition of Beta) and have been blatantly lying to their customers. Do not buy this game. Expand
  3. Dec 19, 2012
    Calling this 'thing' a game is an insult to every video game ever made. If you put a gun to my head, I would still not buy this game. Please, whatever you do, stay far far away from this game.
  4. Dec 19, 2012
    Do not purchase this game. Many features listed on Steam are completely missing. The price was reduced to less than $15 in order to squeeze as much money from the game before it dies. I repeat: do not purchase this game, you will not get what you think you are getting. Just look at the War Z forums to see the problems.

and they even copy paste their artwork on their website from other
    copyrighted material around the internet. proof : http://s16.postimage.org/atacxy4et/Zombies.jpg Expand
  5. Dec 19, 2012
    The reason people are Mad is because in order to receive a refund they force you to sign a new ToS (terms of service ) and in the new ToS by signing it you wave all rights to a refund. That and mass banning people.
  6. Dec 19, 2012
    Right now, this game is awful, I'm giving it a 0 because even though I've enjoyed this game and still do with friends (honestly, who doesn't enjoy playing anything with friends? even awful games) but right now it's a complete disaster.

The developers make two bad choices for each right one, they turned this game into a cash grabbing machine, you pay for the game and then you pay to
    revive your characters earlier (previously you had a 1 hour respawn timer, now you have 4 hours of waiting time and you have to pay to revive early).

Honestly, I don't recommend this game as it is right now to anyone, don't waste your money, save it for DayZ standalone, Dead Linger, Dead Matter, Project Zomboid or anything of the kind!
    This game looks like it's being run by the russian mafia, it's full of bugs and hackers, lots of missing features that were supposed to be already out, they lie to their customers, they ban anyone who disagrees with their views, they have taken your entitlement to a refund away as soon as you agree to the TOS, there is censorship all over their forums and above all, they focus more on marketing with false claims of features that aren't in the game yet and on their money grabbing in-game market than they focus on finishing their ALPHA game, that's right this game is an alpha and all they care about is money!
    It's a mess!
  7. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is okay...if it werent full of lies and blatant organized money theft. In order to kill zombies, you need to buy gold to buy in global server...but as soon as you land in server, some guy is waiting for you to gun you down....then you have to wait 1hr (now 4hr unless you pay) steam took it off buyability list and offers refunds now
  8. Feb 26, 2013
    Sadly, still a bad game with the patches. Please don't waste your money, really, this is a copy of DayZ mod. If you still want to waste your money, just throw it through the window.
  9. Dec 19, 2012
    Hammerpoint's WarZ, with their bait-n-switch tactics, false advertising and decreasingly excellent credibility, has become the online gaming version of the TSA: brainless zombies grabbing at your junk for no apparent reason, who then try to charge you for the privilege of being so continually violated.
  10. Dec 19, 2012
    Bought the game awhile ago and it showed prospects, still does, but and its a big BUT the developers seem keen to merely milk those supporting the game for all their worth.
    FINE, the Steam write up was a mistake, maybe. BUT then don't charge for re-spawns the day after without at least first fixing the hacker problem mainly because of the logical reason that lots of people are joining a
    game at the moment 'surviving' for ten minutes and then are quickly killed by a clear and obvious hacker. The message this gives may not be intentional but its effectively, Pay 2 Buy our Game, Play our Game, Get Killed By Cheats, Pay More, That last part could be rinse and repeat obviously dependent on the dedication of the player. Oh and then effectively censoring what you want us to say about your game...low, and just increases everyone suspicion levels to Defcon 4. I get it though its in Beta or Alpha, it takes time to fix the bugs, it takes time to improve the game, But (theirs that word again) don't charge us an arm and a leg while your doing it. If and when this game was improved open, basically FIXED, I would have happily nown and again paid to respawn, if I was enjoying it. Does it sound like I'm enjoying it at the moment. The only two conclusions I can make looking at the overall picture are SCAM or DEV Financial issue fix (opinion) . I hope its neither and just bad decision making in which case, fix it. Expand
  11. Dec 19, 2012
    I bought the game a month ago. The Game is almost unplayable. It's advertised as a Zombie Survival MMO. But it falls way short of that promise. The reality is - it's a PVP Death Match with some Zombies throw in the back ground. And there are way better Death Match games on the market.
  12. Dec 19, 2012
    Horrible game. Plagued with bugs, glitches, lag, no tutorial of any kind, graphics and textures suck even on ultra. Framerate is bad. Login issues. Miles of area in the game with absolutely nothing - no buildings, no items, no monsters, nothing. New player spawn location(s) / algorithms are crap. Half of promised features are missing. False advertising on steam store page. Now it has been removed from Steam completely with a public apology from a spokesperson of steam. Don't waste a second of your time or a penny of your money on this garbage. Expand
  13. Dec 19, 2012
    It's a beta that claims it's not. It's a ripoff of DayZ and it doesn't even have as many gameplay elements. It is poorly made and a terrible excuse for a game. BLAM THIS POS.
  14. Dec 19, 2012
    I purchased this game because on paper it looks great. Hordes of zombies, giant map, adventure! In reality, this game is none of these. Zombies are a bare-bones path finding AI, simple proximity based. Nothing smart about them, and certainly not in hordes. If more than one is chasing you, its likely at least two will look the same, since they only made about five different zombie skins. Also they chase in straight lines, so instead of a roaming wall of zeds coming for you. Its a line, a cute line of zombies.

Moving on. Huge world. The site claims the map is 100+ Sq Km. It is in fact roughly 72. Adventure! No. There is no adventure, just endless running. No items to be found, just endless running. No places to hold out from zeds, just endless running. Running, running, running, running. In fact, this game should be called "Running Simulator 2013" except for the fact that your only lightly jogging most of the time and sprinting is limited to about 200 in-game meters. Finally there is the plethora of lies from the developers about the features on the steam page, and their website. If you look at today's (12/19/12) PC gamer stories, you can see the developers blaming the gamers for this. Bad game.
    Bad developers.
    Bad bad bad.

DO NOT BUY!
  15. Dec 19, 2012
    I created an account just to give this game a negative review. The developer's shameless begging for people to upvote this game was enough to bring me here to express my opinion. An awful clone of a game that already exists, with ridiculous bans on users, outright lies in advertising, and a backhanded apology by the company. Truly disgusting game and company overall.
  16. Dec 19, 2012
    For all good and peaceful on this planet, stay away from this game. It is a pay-to-play game, nothing more.
    The developer lied, then blamed the customers for being and I quote "idiots" and misunderstanding them. They ported their previous game "War Inc. Battle-zone" and, re-skinned it to make "WarZ". They have stolen countless artwork and used it as their one. Their game banner for one
    thing. They have never met a deadline, the game is horrible in literally all possible aspects a piece of entertainment software can have. I honestly cannot believe that in this day and age, a business can go through with all that. One would assume that the consumer base has grown as a collective group, but it seems that only if the part of the group that is awake, and not blinded by corporate misleading, causes an uproar, things may change. Expand
  17. Dec 19, 2012
    The bottom line is this a company that is more worried about TRYING to control the flow of information about their game then attempting to make it better or listen to anyone that is not a fanboy. I as many others on their forums have had a ban placed on my forum account by their community manager kwek all cause we had some issues with the way the Devs were handling the development of the game to which we are paying customers of. I would see many posts get delete and or users banned for even stating one small thing the company did not like. I personally was banned AFTER I messaged kwek and asked him why my post about "paying for clan slots was a hidden fee" was deleted he banned me from the boards for "questioning a moderator" the ban is perm. Not to rant here but I did play the game for a long while and was made many promises by the company when I bought the game a few months back. ALL the promises they made have been not met, came up way short or were just totally different then what they stated.

I think the worst thing about this game is the fact that they are trying to release it as it is now and attempting to convince people that the game is "never really released" cause it will keep getting stuff added to it.

I am not going to say this game IS a scam but they people running the show over there at Hammerpoint ACT like they are presenting a scam to people. The way they argue with their paying customers is almost like a child on the internet that is mad cause he died in a video game. Oh wait thats right the lead producer did come on his own forums and cried calling people names cause he died in a video game. lol

Need I say more...
  18. Dec 19, 2012
    I'm begging you to please not buy the game. All you'll get is disappointment. The game is completely broken, the Devs are liars and falsely advertise, hacker run rampant through their servers, there are severe issues on nearly every front. It's simply not worth your time and certainly not worth your money. I do appreciate Steam granting refunds however. I feel bad that they got caught in the middle of this...Steam's name never should've been associated with the crooks behind War Z. Expand
  19. Dec 19, 2012
    This is a terrible game, its so bad its not even funny, its like big rigs with zombies and campers trying to kill you, and bugs trying to kill you , hills also try to kill you and you cant even sprint properly or swim.
  20. Dec 19, 2012
    Holy Hell it's a bad game... That's without even considering the developers less than moral standpoint on free speech and peoples rights. I could go on, but I will summarize with the following points

It looks both aesthetically and graphically poor, while this isn't a major issue it stands for something a developer wishes to charge the amount of money they are for.
    It plays like utter
    rubbish, not in comparison to day-z because that also plays poorly, but in comparison to -everything-. Believe me, the game I created for my final year of university project was pretty bad, but still plays better than this.

All in all, without taking this developers serious amounts of less than perfect behaviour and such a PR department that seems to live on the moon in to account. This game doesn't deserve the score of 0... However it is the lowest score that this site allows me to offer.
  21. Dec 19, 2012
    The game was okay, but it's now Pay2win. The community is **** and the devs are **** Don't buy the game if you want to risk dissapointment. Sergey Titov does not know what he is doing.
  22. Dec 19, 2012
    There is a reason Steam pulled the product from sale, offering refund to any who bought. False advertising, publishing unfinished product and overall just a broken and a crappy game to play
  23. Dec 19, 2012
    I bought this game on 18-12-2012. I was expecting a polished game with the stuff they promised but noooooo. Not a single F*CKING thing. First they changed the respawn time from 1 hour to 4 hours per character, second they let you pay for almost everything, third everything is buggy as hell, fourth its just a complete port from War Inc. I could continue all day long but this game is deffinitely not worth its money.
    So people DONT BUY THIS PIECE OF GARBAGE!!!
  24. Dec 19, 2012
    DO NOT buy this game. This is a complete fraud and scam. The developers and everyone involved should go to prison. They are banning people without reason, just because they criticize the game or go against what the developers want to hear. I would say this is a joke, but it's way more serious than that!!
  25. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is a spamming, lying, ripoff of DayZ! They make micro-transactions and are censoring their forums! This is a total disgrace to DayZ and should never have been made! Don't buy it as refunds aren't allowed!
  26. Dec 19, 2012
    Purchased the game on steam expecting 100 players and several maps only to find that I was mislead as to the amount of content and the max concurrent players. I am very disappointed with this game overall, the game feels like a cheap clone of Day Z with less maps and players. I am getting a refund through steam for this as it now requires you to sign a TOS agreement stating that no refunds will be issued.

This game is a money grab and does not deliver on its promises, I cannot recommend it any less.
  27. Dec 19, 2012
    It is completely inexcusable for a company to mislead its customers. What's more, it's even worse for the company to blame its customers for 'misreading' the information.
  28. Dec 19, 2012
    I bought this game at the time of this review 3 months ago. It claims it is Beta which is complete and utter nonsense. I spent $20 on this game off their website and now it is on steam, I implore you not to get this game!

This game as a whole, feels like a Duke Nukem where it has been in apparent development for a few years yet as it seems from playing it two days ago and I have hated
    every minute of this. The whole sound system with walking (It sounds like you character is wearing concrete shoes!), a graphic quality where even playing at ultra which i currently am, looks like in some places the texture of a Xbox / Ps2 console generation and a combat system where smacking a player can kill them in two hits with a torch yet if you do it to a Zombie, you could be there for hours!! This game apparently is beyond alpha and is ready for steam (which it has been removed) which is pathetic and steam made a huge mistake there by promoting it!

Another thing which i want to bring up is the revival system (when you die you have to wait to revive your character to use it again) which at first is a clever thing in my own opinion, however, the notion of paying money to revive a dead character with real life money and then forcing you to agree to a T&C (terms and conditions) that removes your right for refunds and you cannot argue back is pretty much illegal and that side of it is pathetic and i personally cannot condone! Also with this the notion of using your own money to buy items where when you die you loose it is stupid and in no way shape or point worth it.

The things that are promised are not there, the game has had incredible bad reputation and quite honestly i can understand from their previous exploits of banning people who are requesting refunds etc of high ranking online banking systems etc.

Quite honestly, this i a rip off and i feel cheated out of my money and other zombie survival games such as Dayz which is an alpha mod which is free and a game named state of decay which is also an sandbox zombie survival style game (in the same style as dead island) where you can play over multiplayer but doesn't have the pathetic in game money scam. Watch reviews, people playing it already, video's before even going to click the buy button as this game is not worth it!
  29. Dec 19, 2012
    The War Z is a very feature lacking mod that is developing so slowly the developers kids may have to take over once they retire. The entire Hammerpoint Interactive company has tried to capitalize on the success of the wildly popular DayZ mod and has failed miserably. Hammerpoint is a bunch of money mongering douchebags and you should not buy their ****
  30. Dec 19, 2012
    Never seen a game so corrupt in its creation. EULA is copied from League of Legends, game engine and models are copied from War Inc., blatant lies about development for 2 years(was announced out of the blue after DayZ became popular) and rampant censorship on their forums
  31. Dec 19, 2012
    The game is not very good, it feels like the animations were last minute.
    It's taken the concept from dayz and tried to re-create it in a more modern-looking setting.
    It's graphics are near cartoon-like, unrealistic.. i already had so many no-clip hackers runing my gameplay.
    I made a complaint on the forum and they warned me for it as apparently reporting people for hacking is against
    the rules............... i'd avoid the game, it's fun for a few minutes, not worth your time. Expand
  32. Dec 19, 2012
    The game is a scam, please do not waste your money. If you need the history of Sergei just look up Big Rigs Off the Road Racing, you won't be disappointed.
  33. Dec 19, 2012
    I literally made a metacritic account just to give this game a 0. I do not understand how anyone could be defending it. It is complete garbage. More than half of the features it claims to have are missing, it is incredibly unforgiving to new players, they want to charge you to respawn straight away, zombie AI is woeful, I could literally go on for paragraphs. I don't know if/when it will improve, but for now stay away. Play Day Z, it's free and far superior to this piece of rushed, flawed, unpolished piece of dog poop. Expand
  34. Dec 19, 2012
    Bought this game from their website thewarz.com and decided to try it despite the reviews. Off the bat I spawned, moved down a hill and nearly killed myself for going down a 10 degree downgrade that nearly took half my health. So i took my bandages and carried on. I was really excited to play this due to the review Game informer gave it in its latest issue. Absolutely garbage says I. Nothing in the review was accessible in game. Guns were few and very far between, constant PKing despite having no gear at all, and random zombie agro (through a wall? I think not hammerstone) This feature should not even be on a paid-for market.. the game is simply that bad. Texture glitches, zombies that get agro from 50 meters away, and losing all of your items (even items you BOUGHT with real money through the GC trade) are Gone! That was probably the worst thing about this game. I paid an extra $20 for some Gold Coins in game which I could buy a hammer or some backpacks or med packs, ALL of which were lost when I died. Complete and utter **** Please save your $15 and wait until this game slowly bleeds to death. Expand
  35. Dec 19, 2012
    Short and sweet: Cash grab update and multiple lies. Constantly placing the blame on your customers, claiming we "misread" this and that. Inexcusable.
  36. Dec 19, 2012
    You couldn't pay me 100 bucks to sit and play this sorry excuse for a game. That is without mention of the horrible lead developer of the project - you might know him from some games such as big rigs racing. Yeah, THAT GUY.
  37. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is so bad, no level design, awful graphics, it's a joke ! Don't support these guys, it's a big scam, save your money ! They banned users for spreading the truth, this is totally unacceptable !
  38. Dec 19, 2012
    I didn't buy the game from steam, so I can't even get a refund for this crap. This game is horrible! Your first 10 characters can start off with flashlights and food and water, then after that they start with NOTHING. You can try to get to a town (if you don't get player killed first) and try to find some supplies, if you do, then you will probably just find garbage. Guns are extremely hard to find and once you find them you are almost guaranteed to get shot in the back of the head by a hacker. I've seen SEVERAL people just walking up walls, jumping super high, and killing me when they are absolutely no where around me. When it is dark you might as well stop playing all together and log on later because you can't see ANYTHING. The only way you can see is with a flash light, which you are no longer given after you have died so many times. Also, the absolute worst thing about the game is the revive timer. It is ONLY there for the devs to make more money. Total waste of money! Expand
  39. Dec 20, 2012
    Those two links alone should MORE than explain why you should NEVER support this game in any way. You absolutely can not let them get away with lying to you over and over, there is no excuse. I hope they get sued. Regardless of if you like the game or not, letting them get away with this is irresponsible, and downright immoral. This can not stand, if you've already bought it DEMAND a refund, and don't be afraid to take legal action if they do not let you, which is quite a possibility. If you haven't bought into this then do NOT. If you've looked at my links and still buy into this you are incredibly stupid and your are hurting the entire industry and proving you are a sheep Expand
  40. Dec 19, 2012
    I have played a lot of terrible games in my life, but none so horrible as this. Can't believe I wasted fifteen bucks on this. Bugs, Glitches and well no one really plays fairly. Top that off with being so uninspired.
  41. Dec 20, 2012
    I expect professionalism in a game release.
    If it's paid and not ready, then don't release it on Steam.

Have some pride for your own work for sake!
    Don't use "inspirations" from other works, movies and games so damn closely. It is bad taste.

I expect something better on Steam, and not something like on the Android Play Store with shameless Temple Run clones.
  42. Dec 20, 2012
    You can tell how this game was just off War inc and just put out there like a dangling piece of **** if this was a year effort i would hate to see how much work they put in their game if they released it and now that they did its utter **** It seems like they're trying to compete with DayZ by releasing it earlier but everyone knows that DayZ was the real game and just because you release your game first doesn't mean its better. Shame on them for not even admitting they copied DayZ completely Expand
  43. Dec 20, 2012
    This game is a scam. Spend your money elsewhere. This is a cash grab with an amateur "game studio" that is attempting to cash in on the success of the DayZ mod for Arma II.
  44. Dec 20, 2012
    Got my refund. What a terrible game. All a money grab. It's obvious they wanted to get the game out before the Holidays so they could rack up the money. Lawsuits will be raining upon them soon. Pretty much everything involved this game is a rip off of something else.
  45. Dec 20, 2012
    There are a number of things I can't stand about The War Z, and I would just love to share them with you. What follows is a series of remarks addressed to the readers of this letter and to The War Z itself. I sometimes joke about how moralistic maggots suffer from a collective self-image that prefers victimization to success and imposes a suffocating group conformity that ostracizes nonconformists. But seriously, it must be pointed out that I find The War Z's ruinous policies and dubious values unacceptable. Its followers probably don't realize that because it's not mentioned in the funny papers or in the movies. Nevertheless, trying to suppress people's instinct and intellect is just as distasteful as trying to subject us to an intense barrage of misinformation, deception, and hidden propaganda. And I can say that with a clear conscience because from secret-handshake societies meeting at "the usual place" to back-door admissions committees, its cultists have always found a way to poke someone's eyes out. If you read The War Z's writings while mentally out of focus, you may get the sense that The War Z's plane of understanding is beyond the realm of human imagining. But if you read its writings while mentally in focus and weigh each point carefully, it's clear that if it can't stand the heat, it should get out of the kitchen.

The War Z's faithfuls have learned their scripts well and the rhetoric comes gushing forth with little provocation. If society were a beer bottle
  46. Dec 20, 2012
    the idea of the game is amazing... but this game is just the worst **** i every bought not only that, the developers gives you false information (that's why it was removed from steam!!! ROFL) oh and if you didn't like the game, you can't get a refund... no matter what, don't even try get into the support website, they take more than 3 days to answer it if they answer... don't let yourself be scammed like us, DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!!! Expand
  47. Dec 20, 2012
    Pros: Zombies!!!

Cons:
    --Not as advertised.
    --Inconsistent pay model.
    --Dishonest and disrespectful developers.
    --A scam and money grab.
    --Stolen copyright material.
  48. Dec 20, 2012
    Game Liar! Do not buy! I want my money back! But unfortunately I ventured to do the pre-purchase. These producers have lost my trust! They won a lot of money today, but they will not have any more tomorrow!
  49. Dec 20, 2012
    False advertising, poor development decisions and a rough product make me seriously doubt this game and the developers future. I received a refund for the full price.
  50. Dec 20, 2012
    I purchased this game before the alpha was even released, and at 2am of the 16 5 hours after it should have been released i knew it would be a flop... And it has been, the game is awful, at points i will be killed before i even get into the game as your body is rendered as an entity before you can even get off of the loading screen. So it's pointless even trying to retain gear in this game or even play it in fact. That along with the blatant attempt at grabbing our money and running is enough to turn me from defending this game to telling everyone i can to NEVER BUY THIS GAME EVER! Expand
  51. Dec 20, 2012
    OK so what's the point? I go around, grabbing chocolate bars, sodas, bash zombies (very stupid zombies) in the head with a baseball bat, and above all AVOID OTHER PLAYERS. For what? You can't manipulate objects, can't build stuff, open doors, close doors, do anything but run, eat, drink, and run some more. Biggest danger is **** human players shooting you (I have yet to find a gun) when you spawn. Awesome. I expect better screening from Steam. Expand
  52. Dec 20, 2012
    This game is utter garbage. Instead of marketing it as an MMO, they should market it as a MMPC (Massively Multiplayer Plagiarism Campaign). There is no originality to be found, and that includes their art, and other things about the game. This company should be sued into bankruptcy for stealing other people's work and passing it off as their own. I mean, if any one of us did that, would that not be what happens to us? Copyright infringement ring a bell? Do not give your money to these people. Sue them, if you wish, but definitely do not give money to them. Before I am written off as a Day Z fanboy, I have yet to play that specific game. Yes, I would like to, and I would love to see the genre expand (I wanted this type of genre years ago!), but not this way. This isn't right. I hope this company crashes and burns for this. Expand
  53. Dec 20, 2012
    If you care about your money, dont use it to buy this piece of **** Me and 3 friends tried to play this game. First week nothing but game crashes, bugged items, walls, floor etc. 2nd week getting killed by hackers at every corner. Tried to get a refund, i played the game for 2 weeks so fair enough, should have prolly pulled my money out after the first 2 days, but i had hopes that the game would become what they had promised it to be. Tried it a few days ago out of boredom. Heard that you PAY to start a clan in this MMO haha i mean are they even thinking? People keep spawning in behind you in buildings, hackers shoot you through the ceiling, the map is just bad. People get banned from the game by complaining.

For example the biggest city in the game have around 4 buildings that you can enter out of the 50 that are there, the rest is just prop. I think there are 8-10 seperate buildings in the entire game copypasted all over the place to make cities. They keep utdating mundane things like the "map" not the map you run around on, but the map you pull up to see where you are, that keeps getting updated. From what i gather they just confessed that they dont have a antihacker program, but instead they put items in places where only hackers could get to them and banned them that way. All and all ****ty game, could have been good, but they just keep lying and implementing the dumbest money grabbing crap features.
  54. Dec 20, 2012
    This game is a peice of ass on a platter. False advertisement, shopped photos of walking dead for website art, banning anyone that posts on the forums or steam hub that they dislike the game, completely immature staff, a F2P game that costs money, has a pay 2 win cash shop and 4 hour respawn times that you have to pay to respawn early, a blatant cash in on the DayZ craze, and the developer just went off to vegas to spend all of our money.

Stay away.
  55. Dec 21, 2012
    I'm never ever going to play this game again. Worst 10 Euros I've ever spent. I'm not a DayZ fan boy, but I've played both games now and The War Z is a complete rip-off of Dayz, no matter what the developer have said. They are obviously only in it for the money. Quickly mashed something together and released it on steam with incorrect info on their game. lol and the developers claiming that 94% of their players were content with the game. I think its absolutely shameful and embarrassing that a "professional" gaming company cant do better than the guys who made the FTP DayZ mod. Expand
  56. Dec 23, 2012
    This game is a quick cashgrab. First I still had trust in this. But then they released the game on steam and they called that this game is out of beta. It isn't even worth being out of alpha. It had potential. WarZ is ignoring all communication and their payment company is illegally denying refunds. I just know already they will not finish this game as promised. They will run off with our money later. I defended them first but there is a limit and they go far beyond that. A death is a big thing in this game. you lose everything you carry with you, yet the game is full of hackers and its a FFA deathmatch. Expand
  57. Dec 20, 2012
    What do you get when you mix a f2p fps engine with an uncreative dev team? ****
  58. Dec 20, 2012
    This game is a game developed in 5 months and is a piece of trash. DO NOT BUY IT. Just wait for the DayZ Standalone to come out, which this game actually completely ripped off. Bad textures, bad gameplay, hackers, etc.
  59. Dec 20, 2012
    DO NOT BUY!!!! Wow. 100% terrible 0 out of 10. Clearly not even ready for alpha release. Don't even bother with the $15 price tag, everything that you do in game costs real money. There is an in game money system, but a bandage that you find in every building costs $4500, which you could probably raise by killing around about 700 zombies that lag all over the place and can instakill. Game just forces you to spend real world money from your own pocket. All the screenshots are ripped off from the walking dead and Shaun of the dead. Complete failure Expand
  60. Dec 20, 2012
    Played the game for a few hours, in that time I was beat to death by invisible people spawning on top of me. Spent hours exploring a world that was smaller than claimed, based on a graphics engine from the early 90's, moving slower than a snail. If I could give this game a negative score I would, being that it was already pulled from Steam and and after threats of being banned and black listed for asking for a refund I feel my words are best placed here for all to see where Hammerpoint can't censor or remove reviews. This game is 100% bad from top to bottom and I regret buying it and I hope no one else gets suckered into purchasing this load of waste. Expand
  61. Dec 20, 2012
    Obvious scam: lies, suppressing critics, banning people from game for having complaints, hack protection is randomly banning people, everything in game is stolen/ripped off - not even improved! Meanwhile the dev/producer of the game denies everything, accuses critics of bizarre stuff and more and more lies. there's no honest word out of this guys mouth, it's always half truths and lies. That is why this game is a scam. Also, good luck getting a refund. Expand
  62. Dec 20, 2012
    As much as i wish to play good,bugless zombie survival game i must give this game a 0 for failing hard...total ripoff dayz to make fast money on its success,its looking more and more like lots of 15 min games made to score money on someones success.
  63. Dec 21, 2012
    This game is shady and the developers behind it use flat out lies to try an cover the scam that this game really is. Do not waste your money on it. Just be happy and wait for the Dayz standalone game that will come out in 2013.
  64. Dec 21, 2012
    I bought this game in october so I could play the alpha. I actually really enjoyed myself. I even started a group/clan on it. But I uninstalled it yesterday because the developers are just in it for the money. You guys should check http://warzscam.tumblr.com/ to see all the lies they told us just to get our money. I can't believe I paid 30 dollars for this game...
  65. Dec 21, 2012
    So bad, the game could be fun but it has so many bug and flaws, it hat so many hacks that is hard not to find one. This game could be fun if they made it right. But as right now, it just suck...
  66. Dec 21, 2012
    This game is nothing but a desperate attempt to make some money out of the "Day Z fever" with a bad port from War Inc, which is a pretty horrible game by itself.
    It is by far the worst game that has ever landed on Steam, thank god Steam soon realised and removed it.
    DO NOT BUY this garbage.
  67. Dec 23, 2012
  68. Dec 23, 2012
    The war z is in a state i would describe as nothing more than a glorified alpha. Despite what everyone may say about its current "foundation release" state it has almost no polish and no real features. Beta's at least have some features and in most ways resemble a playable game. Ignore all of the good reviews because they are rating the game for what it could be, not what it is. I will agree, this game has so much potential. It could be a huge success. But not with this company, especially with the critic reviews starting to come out. This game will be abandoned, in my opinion. Expand
  69. Dec 23, 2012
    Only a real bastard of a company would put a game out like this. And even more so handle the feedback the way they do. It's an incomplete quick cash grab with piss poor support for it's community. I implore anyone who is on the fence about this game and it's company to please spend your money elsewhere. The game isn't worth your money, and by even buying it your pretty much funding a company that craps all over it's customers/fans. Buy the walking dead games if you really want to play a zombie game, tell tale loves it's fans and supports it's community in spades. Expand
  70. Dec 23, 2012
    I have not experienced such a blatant money grab of a game in 20 years of gaming. Their anti cheat detection is little more than items in places they feel only hackers would go, not places you actually cant reach. Just places out of the way enough they didnt think normal people would approach them. The game spent only six months in development and now to top it off the name will be forced to change. Stay away from this blatant scam. Expand
  71. Dec 23, 2012
    I do not recommend buying this game, Features showed on the steam list aren't even included in the game. And still claiming we 'misread' it. The map was told to be almost as it size as Dayz map. (NOT) Half of it is covered in rocks.
  72. Dec 23, 2012
    Probably the worst Zombie game I've ever played, it's supposedly "finished" but apparently saying it's a "foundation" release means you can say it's finished when it's actually not. There's lots of features missing that were supposedly in the game but they're just not there.
    Although editing those features out from the store steam page after people bought the game sure fixed that!
    If
    walking around aimlessly for hours doing absolutely nothing then getting shot by people you can barely see is your kind of game then by all means get this game.

Avoid this game and its corrupted fan-boy community at all costs.
  73. Dec 23, 2012
    Plagiarized game, Dayz ftw! We all were hoping this game was better so Dayz stand alone would have had some copetition and it would improve the zombie mmo community, pitty at least it brings some to the table. The game looked like dayz from the start, the name even was the same amount of letters ect... good riddance Expand
  74. Dec 23, 2012
    Purchased the game through Steam. The game is simple enough, delivers on some interesting points of play but in the end it's a shallow game with little staying power outside of griefing other players.

Map: Colorado - less than 10% of the promised size. While still a huge map, the size is just under 10% of the 100km which were promised. Weapons: You cannot punch, push, trip or do
    anything to protect yourself from zombies unless you have a weapon. The weapons are exceeding sparse in game and cost a good chunk of ingame money or a micro transaction worth roughly a dollar for a bat (which can be lost immediately if you die).

Item Despawn: If you die and have another character available to get your items chances are within 2-5 minutes your items will despawn. This was tested using 2 account - PvP deaths result in a despawn of items within 3 minutes in most cases and PvE deaths are roughly the same (averaged out) the lowest despawn time on items was observed to be 0:43 seconds and the longest was 3:20 seconds.

Respawning a Character: The game has fluxtuated between how to get your character alive again. From a 1 hour time before you can use the character again (meaning your items will be lost from either looters or despawning). The game has also put into place but removed a 4 hour respawn timer with the option for a micro transaction to revive your character early (costing 50credits) nearly $0.50 to revive each time. It's been observed that spawn areas are not safe and often you can pay real money to revive and be killed while still loading into the game. The early revive option was removed for undisclosed reason.

Microtransactions: As explained above the cost of items through microtransactions is substantial. From nearly $2.50 worth of credits for 10 rounds of ammo to around a Dollar for a wooden bat. Since on death you lose all items this means other players can kill and loot all your real money purchased items (and they often do).

The game mechanics - As stated combat options are limited, guns are nearly impossible to obtain, ammo is even more rare and a simple blunt weapon (bat or hammer) can take an hour or so to find. Since these items are in high population areas populated by NPC zombies and players; chances are you'll die attempting to get anything useful and be looted of what little you had, thus reinforcing the need to use real money to get any sort of advantage.

Combat Damage: PveE - Sometimes a zombie will hit you for nearly no health other times one swipe will take our more than 50% of your hp, the damage is unreasonable at best and does not make for a uniform experience. Falling from a few feet sometimes will be fatal (from a box top) or do not damage (falling from a fence). This makes judging any kind of fall distance impossible as the results are completely unpredictable.
    PvP - Get shot once and you're certain to die or get hit once with a hammer you might die, or it could take 15 hits to kill you. All have been observed. Headshots are not reliable - having tested - some headshots will kill and sometimes 2 or 3 will not kill a target (PvP and PvE included).

Running is the only defense player have from Zombies and some zombies are still buggy and will chase you indefinitely. Players have a gauge which limits the duration they can run and zombies do not and naturally run faster than humans so save your run gauge for when it's really needed.

Safe-zones: Sure you cannot be shot here but plenty of jerks are around camping the outskirts of the safe zones waiting to get players coming or going; these safezones are the only place you can be if you want to add microtransaction items to your inventory, so you can purchase and item, enter game, try to leave, get killed and immediately lose your item you spent real money on.

MMO: This game is nothing more than a larg(er) scale deathmatch map as seen in Call of Duty or any other FPS. The game worlds are not persistent, they are stagnant and do not feel 'living' nor 'undead'. NPC respawn moments after killing them, there's no randomness to what spawns where, you know where the items will spawn in each location (only what item will spawn is random and done on a loot table with a % chance for each type of item, weapons obviously lowest chance). This is NOT a hardcore/hardmode MMO, it's a FPS claiming to be more than it is capable of being.

Sound: The distance/volume of zombie sound effects is bugged and the sound of footsteps is often bugged sounding like metal while on grass.

Opinion: Don't bother with this game. If you want a 'hardcore' experience in a TRUE MMO check out a game such as Darkfall Online (about to relaunch in Jan 2013) or a game such as Eve. As this game is no more than an FPS, there are simply better FPS options out there including the Arma II Mod Day Z which this game has copied.

In the end "The War Z" has/had huge potential. If the issues noted above are addressed.
  75. Dec 23, 2012
    Started the game some month after the release ... Stopped playing the same day I bought it ... You can't even survive 30 minutes, because the game is unbalanced as hell... All the old players have a lot of guns and you can't find one, since they lower their spawn rate .... Yay ... How do you want to survive on a stupid environnement ruined by stupid developers ?!
  76. Dec 23, 2012
    Doesn't even deserve to have 1 point in its user score. I had high hopes for a new zombie game but was sadly disappointed to SEE the first hand nonsense that was being produced. This game has been filled to the brim with blatant lies and a serious disregard for the fan base. Luckily for all of us there are much better choices out there and we can kick Sergey to the curb just like he deserves. Anyone who willing purchases this game deserves to lose their money. Expand
  77. Dec 23, 2012

~ ♥
  78. Dec 24, 2012
    Sicky game ever Stay so much away. Horrible gameplay, bad worlds, idiot zombies, too much bugs and cheaters. Your money is going air :D Dont buy this game! Still waiting for Dayz Standalone
  79. Dec 24, 2012
    This game is the worse game i play ever, unfinished , unbalanced , unworking anti-cheat system, ugly textures ,full of bugs.... etc , thanks to steam i have a refound.
  80. Dec 24, 2012
    A hopeless gamble at riding on the popularity that is DayZ; this game does less to successfully advanced the Zombie Survival horror genre and instead bury it by falsely and grossly over exaggerating its features. The true victims of this game are the developers and artists who were pulled into a get rich quick scheme. Good talent going to waste and forever tarnishing their careers for one man's ambition to make a lot of money off lies and abuse. This "Game" should be considered an abomination, a disgusting Frankenstein monster and should be ignored at all costs. No matter what you paid or may pay for War Z, the price of letting games like this exist; games which only exist to take advantage of people in such a poor economy, is too high and one we all can't afford. Do yourself a favor and avoid this game, and urge your friends to as well. Spread the word and give hope to developers and artists and programmers entering this genre to feel comfortable and confident. And if you are a buyer, I encourage you to get a refund. Not even because it is going to get you your money back, but to send a message. A message that gamers shouldn't be afraid of what they're buying anymore. ~ ♥ Expand
  81. Dec 31, 2012
    I don't know why this game is catching so much flak already. It's only in it's Alpha release state... oh wait, this was actually released? And I paid money for it? Son of a...
  82. Jan 11, 2013
    Terrible graphics and gameplay, all packed into a small map that's not even nearly as big as advertised (it's only about ~10KM2 playable.) I think the only thing it really has going for it is a better UI compared to 'that other' zombie mod. Full of cheaters. Sparsely populated with braindead zombies with terrible AI and animations where they don't quite 'shamble' and don't quite 'run' it's almost like a half jog, and they come at you in a perfectly straight line which looks terrible when you've got a group of them after you.

You can't swim for some reason, instead only being able to go into the water about waist deep or so.

I say terrible graphics simply because the game is full of low-poly trees and foliage, topped off with low-res textures. It doesn't matter how much post-processing effects they add like HDR, DoF, sun-shafts, lens flare, bump-mapping...you can't polish a turn. Low-res textures look like crap. Low-res textures covered up with all these extra effects looks like shiny crap. And the color palette is a bit odd, mostly because everything has that 'overexposed' vivid, almost cartoony colors. I think it's an attempt to help the landscape look impressive, which admittedly sometimes the view you have of nature looks good, but most of the time it just doesn't work.

Then there's all the BS surrounding the devs. They're a bunch of lying pricks who change their story and accuse their fans of 'misreading' the features listed on the Steam launch. Terribly unprofessional and one has to wonder just how old some of these guys are.

Then an ex-mod comes out and makes all these claims, which he later retracted once he got his job back. The thing that smells fishy to me is that if you had a guy lying and spreading terrible rumors about your company, you don't just give him his job back if he agrees to shut his mouth by saying he was lying. You do that if he was telling the truth and just want to shut him up so you agree to give him a piece of the pie.

The apologists are funny as hell too. A lot will say "Yeah, the devs are a bunch of lying a$$holes and douches, but I still kinda like the game so you shouldn't be hating on the game so much." That's like saying "Yeah, the devs punch babies and drown kittens, but I still like the game so I want to be able to buy it on Steam again." It's no wonder society has issues. First world problems where morals don't matter as long as you get your video game and Big Mac, right?

Just my two cents.
  83. Jan 11, 2013
    A classless game trying to scam its users. I'll give it a 1 out of 10 solely for the fact that this is a game. Avoid this game, 2,084 people can't be wrong.
  84. Jan 11, 2013
    Let me put it this way, if out of 200 reviews this has 1 good review, do you think this game is worth it?

Worst game ever played, even being an Alpha you can tell the game was not even real, it looks like they grabbed the graphics engine, modified some little stuff, put a name on it, and shell it out while unplayable. You will want to wait until Day Z comes out, worst purchase of my life.
  85. Jan 13, 2013
    Obvious cash grab trying to capitalize on the success of DayZ... The devs have demonstrated on several occasions how little they care about their users. All they're interested in is money.
  86. Jan 13, 2013
    This is a horrible game full of lies. The HACKERS in the game have developed almost as many fixes to bugs than the actual Developers. On top of this, a free emulator for the game has more functions than the real game. If you are looking for a good zombie game, try DayZ.
  87. Jan 14, 2013
    Ive been playing for two hours, and since have been killed everytime from people across map cheating. How do i know, cause a few times i was in a 4 walled room with no one in but me. Or was single person on server and was instantly killed as someone logged in player number 2 on server instantly. This game does nothing to fix cheaters and glitcher, company censors complaints and bans at random with no proof. As one of my friends was playing for two hours with me dying constantly then out of the air banned with no reply in email or explanation. On top of all this the game falsely advertised everything it was supposed to have, im suprised no ones thought to sue this company for False Product Information luring buyers in with bells and whistles but yet not providing any of the listed items on site this game is complete garbage and another example of a company only worried about there microtransactions continueing on. The only people playing it now are the modders, and the new starters that come into a game with false preceptions provided by the company and instantly killed by someone with aim bot or floating under map etc list goes on. Steam is also guilty for putting a BETA game up for sale and not informing what people are buying both companys should be sued for false advertising, shady microtransactions etc. Expand
  88. Jan 14, 2013
    This game truly sucks ass. If you enjoy working tirelessly for hours upon hours only to have all of your hard work ripped away from you by hackers then this is the game for you.
  89. Jan 15, 2013
    The War Z is a horrible attempt at a cash shop based MMOFPS. You have to wait 4 hours to respawn on death or you can pay with your hard earned cash to revive and possibly die again. Avoid at all costs.
  90. Jan 26, 2013
    This game was rushed and was executed rather sloppily. I usually don't let things like, being in Beta or technical issues lower my scores but this game was REALLY bad. Being rushed onto the market, Beta Release being constantly pushed back, then all the really good features still 'Soon
  91. Jan 17, 2013
    War Z is a game that no one, outside of an incredibly small niche, would have cared about if it wasn't handled by the ridiculously offensive Hammerpoint team.
    As it is now, it stands as a sad collection of everything that could be wrong with a modern game.
    A "finished" mediocre game released in beta stage with intent to update later, throwaway DLC and in-game store that uses real money,
    remarkably slow respawns to punish players, treating all players like they're potential troublemakers, deceitful marketing, banning players for criticism, etc. Expand
  92. Jan 19, 2013
    The game failes to deliver each and every one of its promises and the way company communicates and the way it deals with the issues are both disrespectful and dishonest.
    it's feels like a scam.
  93. Jan 24, 2013
    disappointing graphics and controls, boring game-play, deceptive description and presentation with bold lies, dubious micro transactions, horrible attitude by the developer. Do not buy.
  94. Jan 24, 2013
    this is my first review but this needs to be said i baught this game played for a few hours got owned by hackers the graphics are garbage gameplays garbage its not a mmo its about as much a survival game as tetris is a first person shooter a simmilar experience too playing this game is doing a massive **** on the floor then playing with the **** for a few hours only up side i guess is there is zombies and zombies are cool actually no they **** that up so thats not a upside **** this game **** them ****s that stole my money Expand
  95. Jan 24, 2013
    A game should be fun, not a tedious experience. In general it's an abusive environment with absolutely no immersive content. It's filled with hackers and players exploiting the under-performing engine. There is absolutely no reason to spend any amount of money on this game and certainly isn't worth the disk-drive space on your PC.
  96. Jan 27, 2013
    Purchased this while at the pre-order stage and was really eager to play from footage shown. It soon became apparent that the game was no where near complete, claiming to be in alpha stage it was acceptable for it to have minor glitches and for there to be room for improvement but this didn't change through to the 'release' There is so much potential for a game like this to be something amazing, and the war z falls short every step of the way. The game as it stands to me is unfinished... by a long shot, realistically there should have been another year of development before even considering releasing it rather than rushing it out and piggybacking off of the success and popularity of day z which it quite clearly is.

I would strongly advise avoiding this game, the focus I feel has been too much on making a quick buck - rather than concentrating on developing the game and a strong customer base they have shot themselves in the foot by being LAZY and GREEDY.
  97. Jan 30, 2013
    Incredibly bad game. As a DayZ player, I have known my share of random teleporting zombies, crazy bandits tricked out with sniper rifles, and really retarded controls. But hey, DayZ is a mod, it is free, and it freely admits to being in Alpha. WarZ, on the other hand, CHARGES you money to run around with the same bugs and more. For example, I never knew how dangerous it could be to walk down a freaking hill until I died doing so in WarZ. It still wouldn't be as bad if the devs didn't advertise for features that weren't there. In fact, the only real feature that works in WarZ is the microtransactions. Seriously, they should only exist in a Free-to-Play game, not a paid for game. The graphics in this game is also just as bad, with copy/paste trees and crappy melee attacks out of 2001. In conclusion, WarZ is an example of how badly a studio can screw up an exact copy of another game. 0/10 Expand
  98. Feb 1, 2013
    Worst game ever made, you have fun for the first 5 seconds, then you get killed by a hacker and realise how this game has NO purpose AT ALL. Oh, and thats only the beginning of an endless number of failures.
    Stay away from this game jesus christ
    If i dont get a refund im gonna sue these guys i swear
  99. Feb 3, 2013
    Horrible graphics, boring game play, you can't buy guns in the shop, but ammo? Seriously?! Why would you spend $15.00 on a game that should be free? Valve, remove this game from the store, It is copying the game DayZ, and is a scam, the description it says 40 to 100 people for each server, but the max is 50! The developers for this game should be kicked in the butt for having a scam to people who enjoy DayZ. My conclusion is that this game is not worth your money, and should be removed from the Steam store. Expand
  100. Mar 19, 2013
    Where to start with this pathetic excuse for entertainment. Playing a video game is supposed to be enjoyable, sadly this is not the case with The War Z. From ignorant developers to outright deception of their product, The War Z infuriates rather than entertains. When someone asks me, "What's the worst game you ever played." I finally have an answer for them. The War Z is the Citizen Kane of bad video games. Expand

1. Mar 7, 2013
    Its mechanical foundation - like this Foundation Release - crumbles at the lightest touch. [March 2013, p.94]
  2. Feb 22, 2013
    The War Z has about as much value as its crappy in-game melee weaponry and that’s not much at all. At least it doesn’t cost anything to play after you buy it, and the cash shop items are fair enough, so you won’t see people running around with machine guns just because they spent money. If you’re going to give your money to a zombie-survival game, grab ArmA II and a copy of the DayZ mod, or wait for the full retail version of DayZ to arrive on digital store shelves and check that out. Do not buy into The War Z.
  3. Feb 5, 2013
    The War Z might use the same elements that make DayZ an enthralling experience. But it puts them together so halfheartedly that you have to turn away in disbelief.