1.7

Overwhelming dislike- based on 4023 Ratings

1. Mar 20, 2013
    Aside from the fact that warz is basically a clone of War Inc, one of the bigger FPS failures due to crappy coding, glitching, and dated graphics, The gameplay probably deserves a 2 or 3. However I rated them as a zero because of the lie upon lie they stated. They stated this was in the making well before dayz came out (When it's obviously a rip off of dayz), and they continued to makeAside from the fact that warz is basically a clone of War Inc, one of the bigger FPS failures due to crappy coding, glitching, and dated graphics, The gameplay probably deserves a 2 or 3. However I rated them as a zero because of the lie upon lie they stated. They stated this was in the making well before dayz came out (When it's obviously a rip off of dayz), and they continued to make many other lies in order to attempt to get a cash cow (Which they managed to do, I guess). Heck, they literally took the TOS from everquest 2 and just did a copy paste with no editing, and put it up a while back. You could literally see "Everquest 2". This is one of the companies that should be put to trial and sued for lies and slander. Expand
  2. Jan 1, 2013
    This game was AT THE VERY LEAST 2-5 months of development away until it would be ready for general consumption. And then for any fan complaining about the poor conditions of the game to be silenced or banned for doing so. This game is without question illegal to sell to any consumer for its incredibly false advertisement of features that never were released into the actual game. STAY AWAYThis game was AT THE VERY LEAST 2-5 months of development away until it would be ready for general consumption. And then for any fan complaining about the poor conditions of the game to be silenced or banned for doing so. This game is without question illegal to sell to any consumer for its incredibly false advertisement of features that never were released into the actual game. STAY AWAY FROM THIS GAME Expand
  3. Dec 19, 2012
    Words cannot simply describe how bad this game is, but I'll do my best. First off, if you're a War Z fan boy, don't bother telling me about how the game is only in alpha/beta. The developers clearly 'forgot' to mention this fact on the Steam store page. Thousands of people have purchased it, expecting a finished game, yet they have received an absolute **** fest.

Let's get down to my

Let's get down to my initial experience. As a regular DayZ player I least have some knowledge of how to play this sort of game. During my first life, I went to a trailer park and found two unarmed players. I got to talking to them and we agreed to team. Within about 5 seconds of me turning my back they began to hit me with their flashlights (note: I stated to them that I had nothing of worth, as did they). I tried to run away but thanks to the game's ****ty stamina system, I died.

5 minutes into my second life, I ran into a building in a small town looking for loot and was immediately killed by someone wielding a knife. No hesitation, no time to react, dead.

5 minutes into my third life the same pretty much happened but it was at a different location on the map and they killed me with a gun this time. (note: I had nothing, I was barely even a threat, I didn't even go close to them before they shot/stabbed me down).

Barely 3 minutes into my fourth (and final) life I was shot by sniper, completely out of the blue for no reason. After that I decided that I'd had enough.

It's basically Call of Duty with overpowered zombies thrown in. They kill you in about 5 hits and when you're stamina runs out (which it does fairly quickly) they run faster than you.

It's bad enough that they had to copy DayZ but they've done such a bad job of it.

If you're thinking about buying this game I strongly recommend that you don't. Wait for the DayZ standalone.

TL;DR: CoD with Zombies. Awful game.
  4. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is a fraud. Not a single claimed feature is true, the game is buggy and boring.
    Some Textures are worse than sprites from DooM, and the gameplay feels almost non-existant.
  5. Dec 24, 2012
    I paid 50 bucks for this (Legendary) and honestly would have rather spent my money on a blowjob from a cheap hooker named Martha with no teeth. DO NOT BUY THIS GARBAGE.
  6. Dec 18, 2012
    I believe that the choices made by the dev of WarZ are terrible and should receive a score of 0. The fact that they changed the respawn limit from 1 hour to a 4 hour wait or pay 50gc which is in-game money that is bought with real money.
  7. Dec 18, 2012
    This Game is a Scam.....Do not buy.... Just google it and you will see many reasons.

The idea and concept behind War Z would be a winner in most every gamers library, unfortunately it has been poorly executed by Hammerpoint. There is a massive population of gamers who would enjoy playing a true Zombie Survival MMO, however this game falls short in all 3 of those words. ◎ Zombie. There are zombies in the game, and is probably the highest selling point for this game. Unfortunately the zombies are pointless in the game, and leave much to be desired. One would think in a Zombie Survival game, your biggest fear would be zombies. This is untrue. Players are your worst enemy, and zombies are there to be filler and annoying at most.
  8. Dec 18, 2012
    OK Sergei you asked for review... Idea of the game is nice, not matter who ripped it from who *cough* stolen from Rocket *cough* . If we forget all rip-off and all this idea stealing (even the Foundation release name stolen from DayZ) Let's forget ALL of that and see what we have here: We have nice idea, we have some what good base on what to build but it needs to be build beforeOK Sergei you asked for review... Idea of the game is nice, not matter who ripped it from who *cough* stolen from Rocket *cough* . If we forget all rip-off and all this idea stealing (even the Foundation release name stolen from DayZ) Let's forget ALL of that and see what we have here: We have nice idea, we have some what good base on what to build but it needs to be build before releasing. This game is still in EARLY alpha phase. You can't just release something that's COMPLETELY undone! Steam should be ashamed of them self for selling this and advertising it as a complete game! There's not one mention on steam page that the game is still in developement..even thou Main Dev Sergei claims all mmo's are constantly developed it does not mean you can publish something that's clearly still in ALPHA! Steam page is full of lies and your sad interview trying to cover those lies (http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-war-z/1226980p1.html) is not doing you any good. You are just money scamming douchebag mr. Sergei!

I strongly, I repeat STRONGLY advice to invest your money into something else then WarZ. Drink it. Drink beer till you vomit all over your moms carpet and pass out lying on it, vomit all over you.. . That's better investment then putting your money into something as bad as this sad excuse of a game is!
  9. Dec 18, 2012
    This is literally the one of the worst games I've ever played. I bought it on Steam, but little did I know that the claims made by the developers were nothing more than simple marketing. The game is still in alpha or very early beta (even though they fail to inform costumers of this) and is nearly unplayable. The textures are terrible, models fail to load, the servers are unable to handleThis is literally the one of the worst games I've ever played. I bought it on Steam, but little did I know that the claims made by the developers were nothing more than simple marketing. The game is still in alpha or very early beta (even though they fail to inform costumers of this) and is nearly unplayable. The textures are terrible, models fail to load, the servers are unable to handle their advertised capacity, the AI is laughable, the success of your character depends on how much you are willing to spend on in-game micro transactions. Also, do not think of asking for a refund. The company behind the game threatens to blacklist you with their credit processor (meaning that if you they give you a refund, it could very well make it hard/impossible to buy things online). All in all, stay away; this game is very nearly painful to play. If you are a fan of zombie survival games, either play DayZ, an ARMA II mod, or wait until DayZ releases the standalone game. Expand
  10. Dec 18, 2012
    Not much else to do in this game other then die really. Shady support, shady lead developer, shady way of dealing with hackers, everything about this game is shady. On comparison of this game and War Inc., it's nothing more then a slightly re-skinned version of War Inc with some zombies thrown in.
  11. Dec 18, 2012
    I was really hoping for a great game, knew it was in development so I didn't expect much. But what I didn't expect at all was to get F'ed in the A by the worst developers in the history of gaming (Big Rig Truckers anyone?) I highly recommend you do NOT buy this game under any circomstances, even if a criminal is holding you hostage and threatening to prick you with a needle that containsI was really hoping for a great game, knew it was in development so I didn't expect much. But what I didn't expect at all was to get F'ed in the A by the worst developers in the history of gaming (Big Rig Truckers anyone?) I highly recommend you do NOT buy this game under any circomstances, even if a criminal is holding you hostage and threatening to prick you with a needle that contains the aids virus, do NOT get this. Expand
  12. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is an absolute abomination. The developers lie and scam their way to undermine the real work of the DayZ mod creator. They are trying to get money from people who don't understand the difference. They WILL say or do nearly anything to either, A. Convince you that their game is actually functional. B. Make sure you are silenced otherwise. DO NOT SUPPORT THEM IN ANY WAY!
  13. Dec 19, 2012
    The makers of this game is a joke. Mass banning and silence of the community. They should kill themselves for charging people for a beta game. ****
  14. Dec 19, 2012
    I am ashamed of what i saw. A friend of mine pushed me hard for buying this, he was so excited that i fell into this without even checking a forum.
    What a big mistake it was! I bought the game in ALPHA stage, tried to play it for 2 days but then i really was upset at my friends for making me buy such an horrible product.
    This happened i guess around 3-4 weeks ago. Now i find out that the
    This happened i guess around 3-4 weeks ago. Now i find out that the game is being sold at a LOWER PRICE than the one i payed when it was in alpha stage. This is a total JOKE and i'm going to ask for a refund, let's hope the marketing office has a decent behavior to customers, considering the dev team did one of the most horrible works i've ever had the (bad) luck to play.
  15. Dec 19, 2012
    Literally the worst game I've ever played. People hate on Bethesda for releasing unfinished games...you are looking at the KING of unfinished games here.There's a lot of running around through environments that looked great back on the original Ghost Recon, only the weapons don't handle nearly as well. I really loved getting killed every three minutes because I got stuck in an invisibleLiterally the worst game I've ever played. People hate on Bethesda for releasing unfinished games...you are looking at the KING of unfinished games here.There's a lot of running around through environments that looked great back on the original Ghost Recon, only the weapons don't handle nearly as well. I really loved getting killed every three minutes because I got stuck in an invisible wall. This isn't a game, it's a shameless cash-grab. Expand
  16. Dec 19, 2012
    Godawful game with developers depending on scamming with lies and false hopes just to make a quick money.

Stay away! If you really want to be informed in detail about the things that everyone is talking about, check out this blog http://warzscam.tumblr.com/ and everything will become crystal clear. My only hope is that my review will help someone out there from wasting his money on

Stay away!

If you really want to be informed in detail about the things that everyone is talking about, check out this blog http://warzscam.tumblr.com/ and everything will become crystal clear. My only hope is that my review will help someone out there from wasting his money on the product of scammers!
  17. Dec 19, 2012
    Released on Steam with multiple false claims about the game and empty promises. Game is very buggy, purchased items in-game are lost on death, even if you die by a bug/glitch (invisible players, the insane zombie reach). Reviews with the developers are shady and developers actions within the community are shady in general.
  18. Scx
    Dec 19, 2012
    As an avid fan of zombie games and survival horror, I specifically signed up to metacritic to warn everyone about the atrocity and utter abomination of a game this is.

Graphics: 0/10, running on very high, textures, terrain and models looks like they belong in Half life, the original, released in 1998...14 years ago..... Gameplay: 1/10, Stealth does not function properly, zombie AI

Gameplay: 1/10, Stealth does not function properly, zombie AI in this game behave like walls and objects do not exist and will detect you no matter where you are, zombies kill you in 4 hits(intentional as you will have to pay more money to play, hence why its so brutal), when you die there is a 4 hour respawn timer, which means if you die with all 5 characters, you will essentially have to pay more money to revive your character if you want to continue playing. No in game voice chat, only text, object spawn in places you cannot get to, hats occupy 99% of the item spawns.

Sound: 0/10 A random collection of noises, that seem to drive you insane after the first 5 minutes.

Bugs: there are so many bugs and glitches, invisible players, invisible weapons, sliding down a meter down a hill takes away half your health, glitches through buildings, teleport glitches, invisble walls, broken animations, texture bugs, the list goes on

Microtransactions: once you buy an item and you die, you loose it for good BE WARNED.

False advertising ! On the steam page, it advertises for multiple maps up to 400square kms, skill points, private servers, up to 100 player servers. The game currently has ONE map with 100kms, NO skill point mechanic, Servers with max of only 50 people, NO private servers available.

STAY as far away from this game as possible, this has the be one of the most disgusting piece of work, i have ever played
  19. Dec 19, 2012
    Purchased this game on steam when it came out as I'm always interested in zombie survival games, boy was I in for a surprise.

First of all, none of the features mentioned on the steam store page were in this game at the time of launch: -No 100 player servers -No 100-400km2 worlds/maps (there was only 1 70km2 map, with plenty of invisible walls) -No Private servers No Skills No

-No Private servers
    No Skills
    No Hardcore mode.

And now onto the bad parts:

-No swimming, not even shallow riverbeds, enjoy walking around for 20 minuts just to cross a small creek
    -Zombies are constantly bugging out
    -Slow ass movement speed (you run out of breath in about 10-15 sec sprint and zombies move almost as fast as you do)
    -Horrible (worse than bethesda) animations, and I mean total ass unlike anything I've ever seen before
    -Vomit inducing FOV
    -Terrible textures and assets ported directly from their pay2win shooter War Inc
    -Hitboxes which suck ass
    -Bad performance on a decent PC (i5 2500k @ 4ghz and a 560 TI) while still looking like ****
    -PAY TO RESPAWN (this is not a joke, you have to pay to respawn or you have to wait 4 hours)

If this hasn't dissuaded you from buying the game, then I don't know what will.
  20. Dec 19, 2012
    It's utter crap. Now they chaged revive time from one hours to four hours and if you don't want to wait you need to pay real money to revive your character. It became pay to play from pay to win game. It's just scam and wants your money.
  21. Dec 19, 2012
    I played this game since ALPHA as I am a huge Zombie Fan. I bought the $40 pack in an effort to support development and the company. From day 1 the game was unplayable as advertised. There is NO zombie game component, the game is 100% PVP. You are never killed by zombies, there are simply slow moving, easy to bash with any weapon distractions.

The game has no hack protection built in.

The game has no hack protection built in. Youtube has dozens of examples of free hacks, videos of hacks ect. Let me be clear, the game is unplayable without hacks .. I am killed within 10 mins of logging into the game EVERYTIME and I never see the person.

Everytime you die you have to wait 1 full hour before you can play that character again. Everything you were carrying is lost and you start over with NOTHING.

Having NOTHING means you can not kill a zombie, (hands sare not weapons) so you are forced to crawl around trying to hide from zombies in some weird stealth game throwback .. unfortunately hackers see you from anywhere on the map and simply run over to kill you.

Now that they have reduced the servers and packed 70 players (reduced to 50) on a server I am spawn killed all the time. I honestly can not play the game.

Finally, the company simply lies about the game features, They say the maps are 100-400 km .. unfortunately there is only 1 map that is about 75km but there are only 7-8 small areas that have spawnable items .. the rest of the world is wide open and since you starve in less than a day you are forced (weaponless) into the small number of 10-25 building towns. Even worse each town only has 2-3 areas where good items spawn .. those are camped by hackers or just clan groups of "bandits" who kill everyone on sight.

This game is dead on arrival, do not buy it .. do not support this criminal company.
  22. Dec 19, 2012
    Bought this game a few months ago after all of the hype. Probably the worst $25 I have ever spent on any game in my entire lifetime. The developers say "This game isn't pay to win!" Yet you can spend REAL money, to buy items in-game, to help you beat another player that you fights, or help fight of an oncoming hoard of zombies. Who the **** adds in a store where you can buy **** to aBought this game a few months ago after all of the hype. Probably the worst $25 I have ever spent on any game in my entire lifetime. The developers say "This game isn't pay to win!" Yet you can spend REAL money, to buy items in-game, to help you beat another player that you fights, or help fight of an oncoming hoard of zombies. Who the **** adds in a store where you can buy **** to a ZOMBIE SURVIVAL GAME. The whole ****ing point is to survive off the land, and find stuff around the map. Not to mention the terrible optimization of the game, accompanied with absolutely **** graphics that looks like my dog has just eaten something green and then shat it our onto the computer screen. The developers are full of lies, and there isn't ONE thing that is remotely true on their webpage or steam page.

Personally I do not even know why Valve added this game to steam, or why the developers are still updating the game, or why the fanboys can't just get the **** over the fact that they WASTED their $25-50, and stop defending the **** stain that lies on my computer screen.

Please. PLEASE! Do not even bother thinking about buying this game, but if you do, don't bother asking for a refund, because they will just blacklist you.

OK I have said enough.
  23. Dec 19, 2012
    Scary thing is I almost bought this piece of crap! Before I clicked the "purchase" button and confirm payment I decided to check the death penalty. If it was like DayZ, no problem... That is when I saw 1 hour of waiting time, 12 hours planed... 5 character slots. Bugs, bad animation, recycled crap, tiny map... Then I found out about the Big Rigs game and the head honcho who worked there isScary thing is I almost bought this piece of crap! Before I clicked the "purchase" button and confirm payment I decided to check the death penalty. If it was like DayZ, no problem... That is when I saw 1 hour of waiting time, 12 hours planed... 5 character slots. Bugs, bad animation, recycled crap, tiny map... Then I found out about the Big Rigs game and the head honcho who worked there is the same as the one working in "the War Z". I quickly closed it, took it out of my wish-list and spread to all my friend virtual and real how crap this thing is.

AVOID IT.
  24. Dec 19, 2012
    Worst game I've ever purchased and the one and only time I've ever gotten a refund for a game purchase. I won't be buying another product from hammerpoint studios as a result of their shady business methods and blatant false advertisement.
  25. Dec 19, 2012
    Well, let's see, the game proposal is perfect, a zombie MMO in a apocalyptic world. It were fun in the beginning, in the beginning of November. After that the game become crazy. LOT of hackers, LOT of players who just wanted to kill everybody without reason. I had real fun in the beginning. Now the game looks like **** Their promises looks like "We will do that...just 5 more minutes"Well, let's see, the game proposal is perfect, a zombie MMO in a apocalyptic world. It were fun in the beginning, in the beginning of November. After that the game become crazy. LOT of hackers, LOT of players who just wanted to kill everybody without reason. I had real fun in the beginning. Now the game looks like **** Their promises looks like "We will do that...just 5 more minutes" nothing is working. Skills, engine, animations. nothing at all. I miss my 29 USD. Hope the game gets better, but for now, I've lost money. Expand
  26. Dec 20, 2012
    this game is a sh*t. The programmer are layer and sh*ts.
    And now they have been accused of plagiarism.
  27. Dec 20, 2012
    Terrible game, don't buy it. Shady company, regret every penny and second I wasted on it.
    The pictures on steam are staged and show game events that will never happen.....and a new update makes you PAY to revive your character within 4 hours...
  28. Jan 23, 2014
    I'm giving it a one as the game is playable. That's the only reason as the game is still suffering from monumental bugs, issues and other problems (hackers). It has now been more then a year and it hasn't improved a bit. The cars, "super-zombie" and the hilariously buggy "flanking" zombie are nothing that actually helps the game.

PVP oriented "survival" game and there is a button to

PVP oriented "survival" game and there is a button to simply press F10 to immediately get into the shop. Don't know if they removed it but I would wager they did as their development team seem very schizophrenic at best.
  29. Dec 25, 2012
    The developer thinks we are a bunch of cattles and he can herd our wallets towards their bank account.
    I played the game and all I can say is Thank God they give refunds...
  30. Dec 29, 2012
    This game is terrible. There was so much hype for it because of the images that were released, which looked better than the already existing zombie MMO game, DayZ. Upon its release, the game was worse than many thought. Tons of bugs, hackers and overall, little effort put into the game. It was put up on the online game retailer Steam, despite being in beta, but was then taken down. ThisThis game is terrible. There was so much hype for it because of the images that were released, which looked better than the already existing zombie MMO game, DayZ. Upon its release, the game was worse than many thought. Tons of bugs, hackers and overall, little effort put into the game. It was put up on the online game retailer Steam, despite being in beta, but was then taken down. This game only deserves a '1'. Expand
  31. Jan 1, 2013
    An appalling attempt at a game, with extremely Bad customer service. Never seen such a blatant rip off of another game. In all honesty the DayZ mod is a more fulfilling game than the WarZ as well. After seeing previous games the developer has been involved in im not surprised this ended up in such a poor state. Please don't waste your money on this poor excuse for a game or support it in any way.
  32. Jan 1, 2013
    Terrible gameplay, bad controls, boring gameworld, tons of bugs, tons of cheaters. This game will force you into PVP as it contains no PVE. You are looting and scavenging to stay alive against other players. Simple as that.
  33. Jan 4, 2013
    Unfinished game, terrible developers with bad business practices who continue to ignore the majority and refer to them as the "vocal minority", bugs all over, pay to win, infested with hackers and a terrible fanbase that calls you a Day Z fanboy if you have any criticism. Avoid this game like the black death!
  34. Jan 4, 2013
    (A SCAM) This game is an absolute waste of time, money, and effort these developers (Hammer Point) are just a bunch of scum bags who have lied and try convince you with lies. The developers have lied and promoted themselves with false advertising. Another thing that you must consider when thinking about buying this game is that it is 15$ and you can NOT get a refund if you have bought this(A SCAM) This game is an absolute waste of time, money, and effort these developers (Hammer Point) are just a bunch of scum bags who have lied and try convince you with lies. The developers have lied and promoted themselves with false advertising. Another thing that you must consider when thinking about buying this game is that it is 15$ and you can NOT get a refund if you have bought this game which is ILLEGAL! It is also to be considered that they say it is a complete project which is totally WRONG. In fact this game is broken as hell so many glitches and hackers, they even added a payment shop where you have to pay REAL money to buy items, and by no means ordinary items. For an Example, you could buy ammo, melee weapons, medical supply's, and even some OP gear. Which is all completely what kind of f***ing survival game!?! They even had the balls to name there game WARZ which is very similar to the mod DAYZ, which came out first and was practically the same concept. The developers are also some of the worst kind of people you will ever meet, or hear about they are some big douche bags who have had some cases of BANNING random players for no absolute reason at all! They even say that there the first zombie survival game which is complete BS. With all the info i have presented you with I would you to think twice about buying this miserable pile of crap. Expand
  35. Jan 7, 2013
    Before playing, I had a lot of excitation about how the game could be really, really good. It had a lot of promises, and looked like some kind of zombie survival-RPG. Well, now I'm going to compare only one aspect with DayZ : DayZ is a mod. So it's free. If you don't like it, you only say : "Well, I wasted some time, it's nothing !". With WarZ, you just waste a lot of money and throw itBefore playing, I had a lot of excitation about how the game could be really, really good. It had a lot of promises, and looked like some kind of zombie survival-RPG. Well, now I'm going to compare only one aspect with DayZ : DayZ is a mod. So it's free. If you don't like it, you only say : "Well, I wasted some time, it's nothing !". With WarZ, you just waste a lot of money and throw it away !
    And guess what ? You have options to get more stuff by taking a more expensive version of the game. I'm glad I only played it on a friend's computer who bought it... I saved up some money.

To resume : just buy ArmA 2 and download DayZ instead. It may be just a mod, but at least, you won't be giving money to a dishonest company who sell a game based on a Free to Play engine to an outrageous price for the quality of the final game. Cherry on the top, the game isn't even cheat-protected ! It looks like they sold a game and then were like "Meh, whatever, we have the cash : that's all we care about".

Bad developers, bad game, well... Everything is awfully bad with this game and those who made it. I would be glad to be able to note below 0... Sadly, I cant.
  36. Jan 8, 2013
    Gameplay:
    The controls are to hard.
    Everything looks a bit awkward and unnatural. the character animations are to be desired. The combat animations are unkind, hit a Zombie on his head, go back 2 steps wait for the blowback and hit again. The places with the best loot, are mostly besieged by "bandits" who do not care about survival. They play this game like a pvp shooter. Who can
    Gameplay:
    The controls are to hard.
    Everything looks a bit awkward and unnatural.
    the character animations are to be desired.
    Who can blame them? The developers do nothing against it.

graphics:
    The graphics can be described in 2 sentences.
    Not the newest, but solid.

Conclusion:
    The great excitement before the release was unfounded.
    Warz is not a good Zombie survival.
    Normally I would say the game is for players want to kill players and zombies without an atmosphere, but it's not worth it for that price.
    There are lots of other shooter.

Therefore thumbs down for Warz!
  37. Jan 8, 2013
    The game itself is enjoyable. The problem is the developers blatant lies, lack of information and now as of Jan 4th (I believe) with the implementation of the 'Fairfight' system Temp bans (Pending review for perm ban) and Permanent bans are being handed out left and right to be Legit and Unlegit players if they're unlucky enough to be accused of 'hacking' in game after killing anotherThe game itself is enjoyable. The problem is the developers blatant lies, lack of information and now as of Jan 4th (I believe) with the implementation of the 'Fairfight' system Temp bans (Pending review for perm ban) and Permanent bans are being handed out left and right to be Legit and Unlegit players if they're unlucky enough to be accused of 'hacking' in game after killing another player.

The game has the potential to be great, it's the people behind it with their inexcusable unprofessional behavior that are ruining this game.
  38. Apr 1, 2013
    My worse gaming experience ever... I've got this game a few months back for my wife. She's a fan of zombie games and I browsed war z a bit. "Obviously didn't do enough research" I got the game on her steam and played with it a bit. Keep in mind that the things I'm about to mention are about 3-4 months ago.

1 In character selection/creation... You are stuck playing as a male character

1 In character selection/creation... You are stuck playing as a male character and the female character is locked and needs to be unlocked. "My wife start getting upset about it already"
    2 There are only PvPvE servers and no PvE servers. So the moment you log into the server you may get killed instantly by another player.
    3 Every time you die, you loose everything you've horded "We lost hours worth of items to some random player"
    4 You are stuck with a 1 hour cooldown before you can log back in.
    5 Many things in game shop (assuming you are spending money) are typically useless especially if you are gonna die and loose the items to a random person.
    6 There is no story or missions in this game... just play to build up points, gathering, survive, die, 1 hour cooldown... (Rinse and repeat)
    7 There are no vehicles or source of speedy transportation. You can literally spend a lot of time running across the map to get to another location while avoiding zombies and other players along the way.
    8 Every time you revive you start with nothing on you. You can't even fend for yourself with fists.
    9 If you managed to get any items you wish to save in storage, you will have to walk/run your way back to the nearest safe zone to log out and unpack them.
    10 Personal bag space is limited... there are times you would run out of space and you are stuck deciding what to throw out be it weapons, ammo, food, etc... (Think there was 6-8 bag slots.)
    11 With the way the game is set up... it can be very time consuming to play or just to wait for revival. Either way... every time you die you start from scratch more time wasted little to no progression more frustration.
    12 Zombies path finding here is somewhat annoying... If you stood on top of a car or platform they sometimes clip through the object and hit you and if they didn't sometimes when you are beating them over their head, they take no damage (or take forever to die)

Over all the game concept was attractive at first... but in the end... it was a crappy experience for both my wife and I. Personally I wouldn't recommend this game. It's incomplete although they say it is a "Foundation Release" it just means their current product could be at bare minimum set up and it's a work in progress... For all I know the game might not even last through the end of the year with the way they are. The bad press didn't help it either. Save your money for something better or what not.
  39. Dec 20, 2012
    Ton of fanboy's with their positive reviews ya it can be a good game but it is being so rushed and it still seems like a mod of WarZ. I still jump on once in awhile but the game seems like its only 30% complete of a normal mmo release. Plus with all there false advertisement's I can't stand the Dev team. Avoid till end of next year maybe if they keep going.
  40. Dec 19, 2012
    I bought this game on Steam and, when i found out AFTER i had bought the product that it was still in a largely unfinished state, that the store page was actually misrepresenting the actual product... The game is still in BETA... it's not finished... After so many searches via Google I can see I'm not the only one very disappointed with this game and the fact that STEAM has decided to sellI bought this game on Steam and, when i found out AFTER i had bought the product that it was still in a largely unfinished state, that the store page was actually misrepresenting the actual product... The game is still in BETA... it's not finished... After so many searches via Google I can see I'm not the only one very disappointed with this game and the fact that STEAM has decided to sell this product over their delightful (no sarcasm intended) store system. I can't believe the people at STEAM did not vet this game before releasing it onto the public... If I were STEAMPOWERED.COM i would sue Hammerpoint Interactive for damages of reputation. Expand
  41. Feb 26, 2013
    You would do a lot better by purchasing just about any other game rather than buying The War Z which is an abysmal and sorry excuse of a game. If you want to play a game that's about surviving a zombie apocalypse, go and play DayZ that's the game The War Z so desperately wishes it was and fails horribly at copying.
  42. Dec 19, 2012
    Game is a total scam. Advertises features that it clearly doesn't have. How you can call a 50 person server a MMO is beyond me. This game was so bad it was even kicked off of Steam.
  43. Feb 14, 2013
    If You checked Score on Metacritic and still don't believe, that this game SUCK BALLS Believe! I didn't, and now I regret. This game could be a milestone, but NO! Whole game is a LIE! Just imagine that: Zombie apocalypse... You stand in a middle of forest with flashlight and some food/water. You head for military base to find some weapons. You wander around for half an hour trying toIf You checked Score on Metacritic and still don't believe, that this game SUCK BALLS Believe! I didn't, and now I regret. This game could be a milestone, but NO! Whole game is a LIE! Just imagine that: Zombie apocalypse... You stand in a middle of forest with flashlight and some food/water. You head for military base to find some weapons. You wander around for half an hour trying to avoid zombies You don't want to fight them because its half a minute smashing it's head! Finally a bat. So I can kill zombies easier right? WRONG! It's still flashlight but without light! Ok lets look for something else. Body armor! Nice huh? NO! You got shot by armored to the teeth camping new players! Thats what this game is about Find equipment and hunt new players! Need a prove? Try to shoot a zombie i DARE YOU. In less than 5 sec You will be surrounded by instant spawned 20 zombies and get killed loosing all eq. Killing zombies? What for? ALL You got is 5xp per zombie and nothing to spent those xp for. If You REALY want this game so badly at least get some friends to play with You. And trust NO ONE! Kill everyone on sight. "Don't worry im friendly, please help me... I'm just aiming for your head for fun... BANG haha looser!"

Stacking zombies, clipping items problems, broken sounds, ugly graphic, missing textures, tons of hackers And thats not even half of it! DONT-BUY-THIS-GAME it's BROKEN
  44. Dec 19, 2012
    The game runs horribly, it's not even optimized. IThere is little to no content unless you like spawning in and dying immediately to hacking. But that's ok, because you can spend real life currency to just respawn, or instead wait 4 hours to play that character again. The other half of the content is just walking around a map that won't even let you step off of a 1 foot high elevation inThe game runs horribly, it's not even optimized. IThere is little to no content unless you like spawning in and dying immediately to hacking. But that's ok, because you can spend real life currency to just respawn, or instead wait 4 hours to play that character again. The other half of the content is just walking around a map that won't even let you step off of a 1 foot high elevation in the ground without taking half your health away.

The game is just pure awful. The developers lie consistently about what content is in the game, they blame it on the customers, saying they are basically too stupid and should just generalize their facts for the best results. It's also close to impossible to get a refund on this game.

Do yourself a favor - Just type in WarZ controversy in Google and you'll get all the facts you need to steer clear of this awful, deceitful, scam of a game.
  45. Dec 19, 2012
    Long story short, this game is a giant scam. They made it so you have to constantly buy microtransactions. The game has been removed from Steam because of this. DO NOT BUY IT! Do not support these greedy conmen. Its so bad that the devs have come on this site giving it scores of 10. They are pathetic.
  46. Feb 22, 2013
    This game is horrible. Seriously don't buy it. It takes a lot of time and a lot of luck just to get a gun, but most of the time another players kills you before you even find one. I bought an item from the market and I didn't even get it. This game is crap and the company should give everyone that bought it refunds.
  47. Dec 19, 2012
    "There is no such thing as 'release' for an online game" ~Sergey Titov

"There is no such thing as 'release' for an online game" ~Sergey Titov

That quote directly from the dev basically sums up everything wrong here. The steam store page for this game is laden with lies about what this game will deliver. For instance "the game supports up to 100 players". No, the game supports a maximum of 50 players on a server. They also say the game's maps are between 100 and 400 square km, when at MOST there are some that are a maximum of 100 square km. The dev's official response to the accusation that this was a lie? "Okay -- if text is saying "up to 100 players" -- yes, I may imagine situation when somebody will say "okay it HAVE TO BE 100." "Over 100 sq km" falls in "100 to 400" right?". These are direct quotes taken from a gamespot interview with the dev. To sum it up - the game was released in alpha stage quality, the devs later called it a "foundation release". It's a sloppy, buggy game, that is selling complete lies. This is NOT an MMO, this game does NOT support 100 players, the maps are NOT 100 to 400km. THERE IS ALSO NO SKILL TREE. Also should you die in the game you must pay REAL MONEY to respawn, or wait 4 hours.

This game is one of the most falsely advertised products I have ever encountered, and I can only hope legal action is taken to force the developer to fully refund those duped by their marketing lies.
  48. Feb 21, 2013
    hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack,hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, Expand
  49. Dec 19, 2012
    so i purchased this horrifically broken Day Z "clone"(lol) with the extra 2100 gp, installed it, fired it up, and within the first 10 mins of playing died and lost all the 2100 gp worth of shiny new in-game crap that i had just purchased after i encountered the world's worst lag spike that i've ever seen in a game. this game is such a broken, jumbled pile of dog droppings with graphicsso i purchased this horrifically broken Day Z "clone"(lol) with the extra 2100 gp, installed it, fired it up, and within the first 10 mins of playing died and lost all the 2100 gp worth of shiny new in-game crap that i had just purchased after i encountered the world's worst lag spike that i've ever seen in a game. this game is such a broken, jumbled pile of dog droppings with graphics that would look dated 10 years ago, terrible AI, glitchy gameplay and environments, etc...pretty much this turd of a game isn't even ready for an open beta let alone be on store shelves. and on top of that the game's devs are lashing out at it's customers for calling them out for falsely advertising aspects of the game as selling points that just aren't there. honestly, f*** this game and go play Day Z Expand
  50. Dec 19, 2012
    The game is a scam and most of the features are a complete rip-off from Day Z. Gameplay and graphics are terrible. Players banned for no reason just to make more money. Avoid!
  51. Dec 19, 2012
    A friend bought this game and gave us the guest keys and we all played together. This game is the biggest piece of **** i have ever played. We **** died randomly while walking(we didn't get shot or hacked, Just random fall damage while WALKING on a FLAT SURFACE). DayZ Standalone is such a better choice than this once it comes out soon. It has so much better graphics and gameplay. This isA friend bought this game and gave us the guest keys and we all played together. This game is the biggest piece of **** i have ever played. We **** died randomly while walking(we didn't get shot or hacked, Just random fall damage while WALKING on a FLAT SURFACE). DayZ Standalone is such a better choice than this once it comes out soon. It has so much better graphics and gameplay. This is literally the worst game i have played in my life, and I've played a lot of ****ty games. Expand
  52. Dec 28, 2012
    This game would be fine if the developers would admit that the game is in very early alpha stages still, rather than trying to market the game as a finished product. Really though at this point, after having seen the true colors of the development team and the terrible customer service and unprofessional attitude they all have, there is no way I will be spending money on this game in theThis game would be fine if the developers would admit that the game is in very early alpha stages still, rather than trying to market the game as a finished product. Really though at this point, after having seen the true colors of the development team and the terrible customer service and unprofessional attitude they all have, there is no way I will be spending money on this game in the future. Picked it up at launch, did a charge back with my credit card company within 2 hours. Stay away from this game, if you want a similar game try the DayZ mod for ARMA2, its in alpha still I believe but at least the devs are open about it and not trying to screw you out of a bunch of cash. Expand
  53. Mar 7, 2013
    Seriously do not purchase this game. Many features listed on Steam are completely missing. The price was reduced to less than $15 in order to squeeze as much money from the game before it dies. I repeat: do not purchase this game, you will not get what you think you are getting. Just look at the War Z forums to see the problems.
  54. May 28, 2014
    This game is horrible.This game is horrible.This game is horrible.This game is horrible.This game is horrible.This game is horrible.This game is horrible.This game is horrible.This game is horrible.This game is horrible.This game is horrible.This game is horrible.This game is horrible.
  55. Dec 19, 2012
    This is an awful game where you spend a large amount of time moving about slowly, only to be killed by some "tough guy" who can use bots and exploits.
  56. Dec 19, 2012
    There is no game. In fact, developpers are only thieves and swindlers who played with the desires of the players. The list of them misdeeds is oppressive, everything carries to believe that it is not only a question that of incompetence but well and truly an organization dedicated to earn money explitant the credulity of gamers.
  57. Dec 20, 2012
    if you have a cheap computer i recomend running this game on that computer and setting that computer on fire it will buff your charisma for one hour with the gods favour.
  58. Feb 26, 2013
    This game is absolutely terrible. It is being marketed and is on sale as if it were a full game when it's really still in alpha development phase. The developers are already cashing in on those who are unlucky enough to fall for the false promises made on this game. It's also extremely pay-to-win. After forking over real cash for fake credit, you and another player can have a walletThis game is absolutely terrible. It is being marketed and is on sale as if it were a full game when it's really still in alpha development phase. The developers are already cashing in on those who are unlucky enough to fall for the false promises made on this game. It's also extremely pay-to-win. After forking over real cash for fake credit, you and another player can have a wallet battle, where each person pays to respawn faster in order to regain the loot they lost. Eventually, someone gives up and loses their stuff to the other guy or runs out of money, and the developers have gotten the players to spend potentially huge amounts of money for absolutely nothing. It also robs the players of any reward they may have received by doing well unless they're willing to pay up to the developers in order to get their character to respawn faster than the other guy. Expand
  59. Dec 19, 2012
    Buyer Beware, this game fails to deliver! The developers lie about features and the graphics and animations are awful. Don't support these people. I wasted $20 on this game, so don't make the same mistake I did. AVOID AT ALL COST!
  60. Dec 19, 2012
    "A Zombie MMO! isn't that great?" DON'T BE FOOLED, the game is far from a MMO, I dont know what the Devs were thinking but they even ripped off the League of Legends EULA, seriously, EVEN their PROMO SCREEN has ripped off images from The Walking Dead, what we have here is just an attempt of getting your HARD earned money with blatantly lies and misinformation, I repeat: RESEARCH about the"A Zombie MMO! isn't that great?" DON'T BE FOOLED, the game is far from a MMO, I dont know what the Devs were thinking but they even ripped off the League of Legends EULA, seriously, EVEN their PROMO SCREEN has ripped off images from The Walking Dead, what we have here is just an attempt of getting your HARD earned money with blatantly lies and misinformation, I repeat: RESEARCH about the game first, it was removed from Steam because of the lies they've written, the game is full of hackers and lacking the content that was promised in the game info. Expand
  61. Dec 19, 2012
    I purchased this game back in October. At first I thought it to be a neat and innovative game. The promises were fair and everything seemed the be in a place where this game could deliver big. Oh how wrong that all was. Myself and a friend were both banned from the WarZ forums because we voiced articulate dislike for the mistreatment of us the players and how the game was failing toI purchased this game back in October. At first I thought it to be a neat and innovative game. The promises were fair and everything seemed the be in a place where this game could deliver big. Oh how wrong that all was. Myself and a friend were both banned from the WarZ forums because we voiced articulate dislike for the mistreatment of us the players and how the game was failing to deliver. We didn't get warned or anything we were both permbanned. This was happening on the steam forums too until the entire forum was deleted. Then the recent interviews with the game's developer and lead designer. The refusal to give refunds, the lying and false claims, the blatant lack of appreciation for us the players supporting him and so much more has made me never EVER want anything to do with it ever again. I will NEVER support ANY game/idea/product from this person/developer again. I would not touch their product even if they offered to pay me. The game play is mediocre. The graphics are sub standard, there is nothing memorable about the game itself. If it were just that I wouldn't feel so bad being out my money. But then We the players got kicked while we were down... repeatedly... The WarZ has been uninstalled and I am not looking back. I signed up for metacritic JUST to write this review because people need to know they type of dirty, scummy, grimy, less than human A- Hole the dev team has been toward the gaming community as a whole. Please do not buy this game, don't even try it at a friends place. This should be avoided at ALL costs. I am sorry I didn't do enough due diligence and I will never make this mistake again.

-Sincerely-

A very disgruntled gamer.
  62. Dec 19, 2012
    This is a disgrace to the Steam platform and gaming itself. By false advertising they've promised features, that don't even exist in the game. Private servers? Not implemented. Hardcore mode? Not implemented. 100-400km² in size? Colorado has 75km² at best.
    100 players per server? 50 slots is the actual limit.
    All "Screenshots" on the sales page are FAKED. None of these is an
    100 players per server? 50 slots is the actual limit.

All "Screenshots" on the sales page are FAKED. None of these is an actual screenshot. This is just an abysmal cashgrab. Don't get fooled by shady business ethics.
  63. Dec 19, 2012
    Short answer - Absolutely terrible game made my terrible people.

Short answer - Absolutely terrible game made my terrible people.

Long answer - The Steam page falsely advertises with mocked-up screenshots, features that don't exist in game, and so on. The game is far from finished, and the steam page does NOTHING to acknowledge this. The fact that this game has micro-transactions on top of the purchase price is a kick in the teeth as-is; the fact that those micro-transactions are lost on death of your character is even more ridiculous. This is a game genre where you're expected to die, so the in-game store is just a blatant cash-grab.

Speaking of dying, if you die, then your character goes on cooldown and you need to wait 4 hours to use it again... unless you feel like paying real money to instantly revive. Add that on top of the game being buggy as hell, painful to look at, poorly optimized, fundamentally broken, and more, and you have quite possibly the worst game of 2012.

And finally, to top it all off, the devs seem to believe it's a good idea to ban anyone from both the forums and the game itself for spreading the word that this game is absolute **** They also threaten to put certain people on a payment blacklist for the company that handles their micro-transactions; in other words, because the WarZ devs don't like you, they will try to tell the company they work with that you're not a trustworthy customer and that company will no longer accept your payments for ANY game, not just WarZ. Oh, and they're refusing refund requests.

Yeah, it's that horrible. Don't waste your money on this garbage.
  64. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is literally the worst thing I have ever seen. I don't even know where to begin with this. Even at that, anything I could mention has probably already been mentioned everywhere else on the Internet. But let's just get down to business; this game is literally not worth a single penny. From the beginning the playerbase was promised features and lo and behold when the game isThis game is literally the worst thing I have ever seen. I don't even know where to begin with this. Even at that, anything I could mention has probably already been mentioned everywhere else on the Internet. But let's just get down to business; this game is literally not worth a single penny. From the beginning the playerbase was promised features and lo and behold when the game is officially released everyone is stuck dealing with placeholders and broken hopes. This game is no better in it's current state than it was in it's alpha. In fact, the ironic part is a lot of the features in the game currently are STILL IN ALPHA. The reviews are pouring in and if you have rated this positively I legitimately feel sorry for you and would like you to know that you are in the minority. This game is an abomination in every sense of the word. The developers literally had to be called out in front of the whole Internet before they changed the false claims on the steam description page and EVEN STILL, if you read the GameSpy review with Sergey, the 'lead developer of the game,' he blatantly ignores the fact that his game is incomplete and nothing but lies. I cannot even begin to continue with this review because I am so appalled by the business principles and overall general attitude of Sergey Titov and the rest of Hammerpoint Interactive. Congratulations, guys, you are absolutely what is killing gaming as we know it today. Expand
  65. Dec 19, 2012
    Did you like Day Z? Well take that free ARMA2 mod. Now charge money for it. Except take out the things that made it good. Now add micro-transactions for items that you buy with real money and go bye bye when you get killed. Make the map (singular) smaller.

In no way should this game have been released in it's current state. Seriously just wait for the Day Z standalone release.
  66. Dec 19, 2012
    Its a scam everyone don't buy into it! Don't waste your hard earned money supporting the dev's known for the terrible, unplayable game "Big Rigs". Give actual deserving developers your money.
  67. Dec 19, 2012
    The WarZ. Atrocious, horrific (and as far as i'm concerned downright illegal) customer service coupled with a shoddy unfinished 'game'. Buy at your peril and do not give constructive criticism about the game or you may very well get banned, no matter how polite you give it.
  68. Dec 19, 2012
    A lot of people are looking forward to the dayz stand alone release so when they see Warz it may appear to be something to do in the mean time. Do not be fooled gamers! This game is asking you to pay for a terrible imitation that is worse than dayz in every single aspect. However the reason this game deserves the zero is because the devs out right lie about the content of the game asA lot of people are looking forward to the dayz stand alone release so when they see Warz it may appear to be something to do in the mean time. Do not be fooled gamers! This game is asking you to pay for a terrible imitation that is worse than dayz in every single aspect. However the reason this game deserves the zero is because the devs out right lie about the content of the game as well as releasing screenshots that portray events that are impossible to come by. On top of these lies they have a micro transaction system that would have you pay large amounts of money for items that A:You loose on death, and B: Can find quite easily in the open. Simply avoid this train wreck of a piece of software that deserves nothing less than total removal from the steam shop and refunding provided to all the poor fools who purchased it. Expand
  69. Dec 19, 2012
    Bought this game while Alpha was running, normal package (15 bucks ) at the end of October. We are december now, and no real updates have happened. And its still in Alpha, by now I'v lost hope that any of the features they promised will become realty. -The game's core mechanics do not feel 'survival' at all. You get rewarded for beating people in the face with a flashlight so you can grabBought this game while Alpha was running, normal package (15 bucks ) at the end of October. We are december now, and no real updates have happened. And its still in Alpha, by now I'v lost hope that any of the features they promised will become realty. -The game's core mechanics do not feel 'survival' at all. You get rewarded for beating people in the face with a flashlight so you can grab their ammo. These so called core mechanics are why the game fails for me, I could care less about servers with 100 people, and not knowing who's standing in front of you is dumb but I can deal. But no, if you'v played games that encourage Co-op youd clearly know this is not one of them. This game is not a zombie survival game. -Its downright an agony to play with friends or Co-Op with people you don't know.Its hard to get on the same server, you can't make a party to chat with them in private or see where they are. There are also no nametags above anyone's head. Have fun guessing who your talking too. -There is no PVE, period. Exept for 'AI'dead zombies, the world is entirely empty. Yes that incudes the safezones, it was apparently to much work to put some idling NPC survivors there. -the Dev's are a joke ,if you haven't read this you should; http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-war-z/1226980p1.html

-false advertising ; I bought a game ,but its noting like the site had me believing it was. Sadly enough I bought it before there could be 'lets plays' as I thought I'd be paying less then other people. Looks like I was wrong. They are now selling it for less then 15 bucks on steam. Beware the screenshots ! I only made this account to review WarZ and hopefully get it true to people that this game is not worth your money. Go see a movie ! Buy some popcorn and a drink, you'll have more worth for your money then spending it on this thing that they dare calling a game.
  70. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is a buggy and unfinished cash-grab scam attempt. The Steam page fails to mention this game is still an Alpha build of the game missing a lot of the features advertised on the same Steam page. The developers are banning people at random so they have to purchase the game again. The whole thing is a farce, don't buy it.
  71. Dec 19, 2012
    Treat this "game" as if it were radioactive, stay very, very far away from it. The game itself isn't finished, it reflects beta or alpha version of a similar product, and don't get me started on its micro-transaction system - nothing short of extortion.
  72. Dec 19, 2012
    I cant belive what they just do whit this game, is just the WORST GAME EVER, i really want my money back, steam reputation y going down for this game. WORST GAME EVER, isnt even finished. I mean I EFFING PAY FOR A BETA!...
  73. Dec 19, 2012
    Would not recommend this game. Probably the worst game of 2012. (It is based on War Inc. Check that out on steam before buying.)

- Poor animations. The player models moves really awkward. - Zombie AI bad and predictable. - Textures are low-res and looks like they have been ported from a 90 's game. - Poor weapon behavior. Almost no recoil, instant switch etc. - The attachment UI is a

- Poor animations. The player models moves really awkward.
    - Poor weapon behavior. Almost no recoil, instant switch etc.
    - The attachment UI is a direct copy from Crysis.
    - Sounds are low quality and in some cases really awkward. For example, when you are next to a few trees the ambient sound reminds me off a dense rain forest with tropical birds.
    - Map design is horrible. Many choke points that forces PVP. Smaller than the devs said it would be.
    - Lack of features and end-game content.
    - You can't drive cars, fly copters etc.
    - An insane amount of hackers.
    - The developers are turning the game into a Pay-2-win bit by bit. - There is no real survival aspect. You can buy food, drinks, weapons and medical supplies with real money. You can also horde all your gear and supplies in a global inventory.

I could go on forever,, you get the point. Don't buy.
  74. Dec 19, 2012
    misleading sales arguments, hacker infested game, severe censorship on forums, illegal TOS.

I bought the game and highly regret this but bought it before it really came out so that was my mistake. Don't make the same mistake as I did by buying this 'scam'
  75. Dec 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. the game is a **** **** not buyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Expand
  76. Dec 19, 2012
    It's painfully obvious now: the sole purpose of this game's existence is to rob gullible player's money. There's no mention of game being at beta state (it feels like alpha if you ask me) in the Steam store page, only few features listed are actually in the game etc.
  77. Dec 19, 2012
    Oh where to start! First of all the optimization is horrible in the game, even with a core i7-3930k and dual gtx 670's I get horrible frame rates. The lag in this game is horrendous which does not help with the poor controls. Respawn rate is extremely long which they are allowing you to bypass by actually charging you to respawn sooner. The game is being sold with lies on the productOh where to start! First of all the optimization is horrible in the game, even with a core i7-3930k and dual gtx 670's I get horrible frame rates. The lag in this game is horrendous which does not help with the poor controls. Respawn rate is extremely long which they are allowing you to bypass by actually charging you to respawn sooner. The game is being sold with lies on the product description on steam which has been changed but still have things listed that are not in the game like hardcore mode. Purchase with caution as it seems they are rushing this out to secure more funds to actually finish the games so right now you are getting a broken game with the "promise" of things being promised added later on. Expand
  78. Dec 19, 2012
    in a just and righteous world the devs of warz would be rounded up and shot in the street. if you are looking for a zombie MMORPG then you should look elsewhere. This game is not Massive and has no Role Playing. It is merely a MOG, not a MMORPG
  79. Dec 19, 2012
    I am shocked that they released a game which is in alpha with several bugs and advertise it as a full release. Avoid this game at all costs if you value your money.
  80. Dec 19, 2012
    I bought the "Legend" package for The War Z, their highest offering, on the day the game was first made available to the public. I had reasonable expectations for the game and was excited about another offering in this genre having played DayZ for months and loving every minute of it. I knew that The War Z was just going to be a simplified, "easier," version of DayZ that had more of aI bought the "Legend" package for The War Z, their highest offering, on the day the game was first made available to the public. I had reasonable expectations for the game and was excited about another offering in this genre having played DayZ for months and loving every minute of it. I knew that The War Z was just going to be a simplified, "easier," version of DayZ that had more of a classic FPS feel to it that most gamers are familiar with as opposed to the mil-sim backbone dayz is based on. I figured I would just play both games, that I'd be able to enjoy them both for their own strengths....but The War Z has NO strengths. It's terrible. The zombies are less of a threat than the boars of the woods of c=Chernarus. I'll admit I died when i met my first zed during alpha due to me not realizing you need to hit their head in order for them to actually die (a nice touch, I'll admit), but once you realize you can stunlock pretty sizeable groups of zombies with a crappy flashlight and just kite them around you'll see them for what they are. An incredibly minor, slight annoyance. They are boring as an enemy. Nothing more than an early warning system for other players if you hear one aggro on anther person. Its not just the zombies that are boring, either, the world itself makes me question if The War Z devs even played the game they're blatently ripping off. The backround soundtrack and ambient noises are awful. The sound quality is terrible and sometimes they play so loud that they drown out teamspeak (and they're tied to the other game sound effects like footsteps and gunfire so you cant just turn them down/off). The world itself is completely barren, there is no ambient wildlife to interact with and the cities are unimpressive at best. Most of the buildings aren't enterable and even those that are are completely empty besides their loot spawns (no tables/chairs/no evidence whatsoever that anybody had even been inside of it before you). The map is far smaller than even many of the user-made maps for DayZ let alone the official Chernarus map, and you'll routinely run into invisible walls while trying to navigate the hilly and mountainous areas that are inside the boundaries of the map. But its not just the PvE that blows. The PvP is a joke. The hacking is unbelivably rampant, but even playing legitly, I found myself completely unimpressed with the way the guns function. There is no bullet drop, but there is an arbitrary bullet cone which makes most longer range engagements an excersice in frustration. There is also no in-game voice chat, only text, so there are no tense situations asking if another person is friendly anymore, it's a shoot-on-sight fragfest (even more so than DayZ turned into if you can believe it. After all, who in their right mind is going to give up control of their toon to type for a moment?). Their "global inventory" and in-game inventory means there is no survival aspect of the game anymore. An assualt rifle takes up the exact same inventory slot as a can coke and most items stack so carrying 20 guns, 400 bandages, and 30 sets of binoculars is an easy feat and leads to global inventories with hundreds of weapons, armor, backpacks, and an absurd amount of medical supplies (which you can equip new characters through, meaning once youve got a good stash going a brand new character can spawn with assault rifles, backup pistols, huge packs, full body armor, and enough medical supplies to cure AIDS in all of Africa).

This is missing everything from DayZ that made it such an engrossing experience. It's missing a believable world, it's missing the player interactions that made dayz such a heart pounder, and there is even less to do in game than there is in the DayZ mod.

tl:dr - The War Z brings nothing new to the table and sets the FPS genre back 10 years. Don't waste your time. Wait for DayZ standalone if the survival/horror genre interests you or just play L4D or COD/BF if the action/arcade genre is what you want.
  81. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is utter garbage, specially when they have the audacity to charge money for a clearly uncompleted game (with no indication that this is clearly an alpha version of a game). DON'T BUY IT!
  82. Dec 19, 2012
    The War Z copied most things from their previous Game "The War Inc" they adde only a bigger map and zombies .. They said The War Z was in Devolpment 2 Years ( before DayZ ) that is a lie .

The Screenshots on their Sites are only Concept Arts = so another Lie

The War Z on Facebook begs for likes ..
  83. Dec 19, 2012
    Even if you ignore the fact that the developers of this game lied about its included features to get more sales, even if you ignore the fact that this game is a blatant cash grab (with features such as charging you real money to shorten the 4 hour long respawn timer (yes you read that correctly)), even if you ignore the fact that the game is clearly not finished with mountains of bugs andEven if you ignore the fact that the developers of this game lied about its included features to get more sales, even if you ignore the fact that this game is a blatant cash grab (with features such as charging you real money to shorten the 4 hour long respawn timer (yes you read that correctly)), even if you ignore the fact that the game is clearly not finished with mountains of bugs and a plethora of broken features, even if you ignore the fact that the developers response to criticism is to insult the players in interviews, to delete critical messages in the Steam forums and to force players to agree to terms of service which disallows refunds before you're allowed to play, it's still a terrible game that would not be out of place in the clearance bin at a dollar store. If I gave this game to a friend as a joke gift they would never speak to me again and probably burn my house down for good measure. If when I started the game my pc monitor had exploded and thousands of glass shards had torn my face to pieces, making me blind, deaf and unable to taste anything for the rest of my life, I would still have had a better experience than having to play this interminable game.

Most of my anger at the shoddiness of this game is not directed at the developers though, since they are clearly either educationally subnormal or moderately competent scam artists. Most of my anger is directed at Steam for allowing this shoddy, unfinished game onto their service and taking their 30% cut of the sales. I never thought I would say this, but I cannot see myself purchasing anything through Steam again unless this insult to gamers is removed from their service.

Do not buy this game, you will regret it.
  84. Dec 19, 2012
    this game is crappy, it is really a huge scam don't buy it, just wait for the DayZ standalone, like i am even tho i never played the actual mod if Arma 2 co will be on sale i will get it just for the mod
  85. Dec 19, 2012
    Utter trash, poorly optimized abysmal textures and horrid gameplay. It is nothing put a cheap poorly made cash grab. You have to purchase the game then spend more real world money on items in the in game store. Basic features such as clans support cost extra, the feature list is a complete lie with 90% of the features not being in game at all. This game was thrown together in 3 months toUtter trash, poorly optimized abysmal textures and horrid gameplay. It is nothing put a cheap poorly made cash grab. You have to purchase the game then spend more real world money on items in the in game store. Basic features such as clans support cost extra, the feature list is a complete lie with 90% of the features not being in game at all. This game was thrown together in 3 months to cash in on the popularity of dayz and it shows in every way. Expand
  86. Dec 19, 2012
    Not that my review is necessary, but I would like to say one thing: this developer includes the man who made the video game "Big Rigs". Need I say more? Google it, you'll understand rather quickly.
  87. Dec 19, 2012
    This game represents the epitome of garbage.

I bought this game a couple of weeks ago, as a friend convinced me to do so. It was fun for the first couple hours, I will give it that, as I had yet to run into any hackers, which changed quickly. Yes, hackers are as abundant as they are annoying, especially when you get shot through a wall. Super awesome, that is. Randomly tabs me
    This game represents the epitome of garbage.

Randomly tabs me back to the desktop, dying whilst logging in to a character, dying whilst walking down a small incline, an inescapable logout screen when you want to disconnect that can take anywhere from 10-30 seconds to complete ... which is more than enough time for someone to happen upon you and kill you.

This game is also an Alpha marketed as a finished product, which was then expounded upon by the creator saying that every MMO is never finished. This is a giant cop-out.

Never buy this. Punch your grandparents instead. Or throw a puppy into a woodchipper. Do something. Anything. Just don't buy this game.
  88. Dec 19, 2012
    Bad game. Shameless egotistic developer who thinks he can have his ways and doesn't understand the concept of false advertising at all. Oh and his communication skill sucks balls too.
  89. Dec 19, 2012
    This game was made to take your money, plans to stop dev. after 6 months of release. Proof that admins abuse in game, and spawn items. Unfair ban hammers. This game is nothing like what its advertised as. DO NOT BUY.
  90. Dec 19, 2012
    Worst game of all time, big flat out lies, scamZ. Waiting for another good game to come out... Bought this for more than $30 and it sucks, SAME SH*T AS THE PRE-ALPHA VERSION!!! DON'T BUY THIS GAME!!!
  91. Dec 19, 2012
    it's a money-grabbing scam, trying to ride on DayZ's band wagon.
    There's a lot of things that "look" and "feel" better than DayZ but when it come to game play and partitions, it's boils down to money grabbing.
    it's a money-grabbing scam, trying to ride on DayZ's band wagon.

At first, they had 1 hour respawn for each character, now it's 4 hours with a "button" to respawn via payment. ....4 hours! You can create 5 characters but the 4 hours isn't going to work because some players like to troll by sniping other players for no good reason.

Not worth getting.
  92. Dec 19, 2012
    The game is fraudulent. It is still in Alpha/Beta stages yet it is being sold as if it is fully featured with minimal bugs. If you want to get a refund, the company forces you to sign a TOS agreement that states that no matter what you do or say, you AGREE to not ever getting a refund. So even if they decide to go belly up or ban you for no reason, you can't get any restitution for it.The game is fraudulent. It is still in Alpha/Beta stages yet it is being sold as if it is fully featured with minimal bugs. If you want to get a refund, the company forces you to sign a TOS agreement that states that no matter what you do or say, you AGREE to not ever getting a refund. So even if they decide to go belly up or ban you for no reason, you can't get any restitution for it. Complete crap. AVOID AT ALL COSTS! Expand
  93. Dec 19, 2012
    It is a scam. Search google for "War Z scam". They didn't delivered what was promised. It has only a single map. It has no skills, no clans, boring gameworld.
  94. Dec 19, 2012
    Horrible, horrible game. Its a quick cash in on the success of the Day Z mod. The games severely broken, filled with numerous bugs and glitches and completely populated by hackers and cheaters. Developer support has been terrible. Youre banned from the forums for voicing concerns about the game and game accounts are randomly banned as well. We were promised so many features of the gameHorrible, horrible game. Its a quick cash in on the success of the Day Z mod. The games severely broken, filled with numerous bugs and glitches and completely populated by hackers and cheaters. Developer support has been terrible. Youre banned from the forums for voicing concerns about the game and game accounts are randomly banned as well. We were promised so many features of the game that never arrived. I asked for a refund for the game per the agreement and they just resort to ignoring me. Dont waste your money on this pile of garbage. Expand
  95. Dec 19, 2012
    For a game someone has to pay for, they get surprisingly little anything for their coin here. Besides the obvious issues of it just being a terribly crafted attempt to jump on the zombie survival bandwagon to milk whatever coin there may be left in the market, the game has nothing going for it. It's nothing more then a mod for the, less then average, War Inc. engine. Nothing works quiteFor a game someone has to pay for, they get surprisingly little anything for their coin here. Besides the obvious issues of it just being a terribly crafted attempt to jump on the zombie survival bandwagon to milk whatever coin there may be left in the market, the game has nothing going for it. It's nothing more then a mod for the, less then average, War Inc. engine. Nothing works quite as it was probably intended, bugs such as invisible zombies, getting stuck in places and other wonderful "gameplay elements" are everywhere.
    I don't even feel the "survival" i expect form a zombie survival game, because the zombies that the game does feature are blind and deaf cripples (no offense to people, really) that are unable to detect your presence if you are further away then a meter or two; not to mention they don't really care about players going rambo with their gun, and even if they notice you, you can literally get away with a brisk walk.
    The only "survival" aspect the game offers is contained in the other 49 people on the map -great MMO by the way; 50 people is a lot, honest- since they most likely will shoot you on sight to loot your things. Including the things you had to buy via microtransactions. Which is another sour thing: why are there microtransactions in a game you already paid for? I could at least somewhat understand, if the game was great.
    All in all, the game as such doesn't hold up to it's label, if one has average standarts and expectations for a so called "Zombie Survival MMO" - since neither is there any survival nor any MMO in it and the zombies are just supernumeraries with a zombie skin.

On top of that, the constant lies of the Devs behind this so called game don't help the impression one gets in terms of what this thing is all about. False advertising with false screenshots, promises of features that are not even in sight in the actual game, let alone implemented. Their customer support and PR are very unfriendly and not helpful at all, even to paying customers no less.
  96. Dec 19, 2012
    Do not get this game. It is a bad copy of the DayZ mod. Besides that, it is bugged as hell. The features in advertisements are false. Some of them are not existing. In addition the micro-payment system ist not fair and you should not be charged over and over to fully enjoy the whole content when you already payed 15 bucks for a game.
  97. Dec 19, 2012
    Money whoring, nothing more than money whoring. They told us about a good game, how good it would be in 3-4 patches, how they react to hackers and all that kind of stuff.

Liars. Don't buy that.
  98. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is in a blatantly pre-beta state. The animation looks like a high school student's project from 2006. It is a quick money grab as they have you buy it from steam then after it has gone up to the top they making a ridiculous game changing feature and ask for more money to get around it. This game is Pay to Win at its finest and most of the elements are stolen poorly from Day Z. DOThis game is in a blatantly pre-beta state. The animation looks like a high school student's project from 2006. It is a quick money grab as they have you buy it from steam then after it has gone up to the top they making a ridiculous game changing feature and ask for more money to get around it. This game is Pay to Win at its finest and most of the elements are stolen poorly from Day Z. DO NOT BUY. Expand
  99. Dec 19, 2012
    This is game is good. But its not finished at all and it is full of bugs.
    My point is, for a game in ALPHA development it is going to be good, but release the game at this state is ridiculous.
    The main issue now is: Will the promised features be delivered? This games uses the WAR INC. engine and have its limitations. Features like cars are announced for more than 6 months there and they
    This is game is good. But its not finished at all and it is full of bugs.
    The main issue now is: Will the promised features be delivered?
    This games uses the WAR INC. engine and have its limitations. Features like cars are announced for more than 6 months there and they still were not able to implement on War Z. They said they sold 600k copies on Alpha state, and the difference from Alpha to Open release is: Clans.

There is nothing else released.

Skills, Vehicles, Maps, Bug fixes, construction features, Leaderboards, FRIEND LISTS and many other things were promised and were not delivered.

The dev, Hammerpoint, claims that with an update that was expected to be released this month, the "Foundation Release" was the mark of the release of the game. But that update wasn't released and the game went live even without that.

What a mess. :(
  100. Dec 19, 2012
    "game is shit

1. Mar 7, 2013
    Its mechanical foundation - like this Foundation Release - crumbles at the lightest touch. [March 2013, p.94]
  2. Feb 22, 2013
    The War Z has about as much value as its crappy in-game melee weaponry and that’s not much at all. At least it doesn’t cost anything to play after you buy it, and the cash shop items are fair enough, so you won’t see people running around with machine guns just because they spent money. If you’re going to give your money to a zombie-survival game, grab ArmA II and a copy of the DayZ mod, or wait for the full retail version of DayZ to arrive on digital store shelves and check that out. Do not buy into The War Z.
  3. Feb 5, 2013
    The War Z might use the same elements that make DayZ an enthralling experience. But it puts them together so halfheartedly that you have to turn away in disbelief.