1.7

Overwhelming dislike- based on 3937 Ratings

1. Feb 3, 2013
    Horrible graphics, boring game play, you can't buy guns in the shop, but ammo? Seriously?! Why would you spend $15.00 on a game that should be free? Valve, remove this game from the store, It is copying the game DayZ, and is a scam, the description it says 40 to 100 people for each server, but the max is 50! The developers for this game should be kicked in the butt for having a scam to people who enjoy DayZ. My conclusion is that this game is not worth your money, and should be removed from the Steam store. Expand
  2. Mar 19, 2013
    Where to start with this pathetic excuse for entertainment. Playing a video game is supposed to be enjoyable, sadly this is not the case with The War Z. From ignorant developers to outright deception of their product, The War Z infuriates rather than entertains. When someone asks me, "What's the worst game you ever played." I finally have an answer for them. The War Z is the Citizen Kane of bad video games. Expand
  3. Feb 5, 2013
    This game has got to be the biggest piece of steaming scamming to hit PC in a lonnnnnnng while. If you bought this, give yourself an uppercut. If you like this game, go play in trafic!
  4. Feb 12, 2013
    No, Don't buy this game till: 1. They stop the hacking 2. They give you more reason to play 3. They add easier servers, possibly no pvp servers. 4. They take out certain items from the shops (i.e. Things that makes the people who have money OP.) Why buy this game? It is worth the initial $15 but, with that being said you can maybe play this game and have fun for a week or two. There is way to many hackers. Anyone that logs on with the tag "Thug" or "Bandit" you might as well log off. Sure, I have killed a few thugs but over all 90% of them are hacking jerk offs who have nothing better to do them buy the game spend loads of money on extra supplies and then go around killing the people that play legit.

I am so sick of being in a team of 6+ people and having a hackers come around the corner with auto aim and auto fire and killing 3 of us before we can even fire a shot. (Just happened to me and a friend) Hackers make the game impossible to play alone or ever with 2 people. If you don't have 4+ people to play with. There is no point in playing simply because you will die multiple time and you will not have fun.

In other good news... this game has a lot of potential. I am very excited for DayZ to come out as I have heard a lot of good things about it and not that many bad.

Over all, I will say this. GET RID OF THE HACKERS! I play many many games online and FPS games are a favorite of mine. Adding Zombies and a free roam map are just adding more glory to the play time. I hope they get their act together and get rid of the cheaters and hackers. Other then that, I doubt I will play much longer.

What have I spent on this game to prove I am not some rageaholic who didn't give the game a fair chance?

I Spent $15 to initially buy the game, plus I spent another $20 for in-game money because without it you run out of ammo and are screwed because of the hackers that all have endless supplies.

How much time did I spend on the game?

I have 22 hours play time and counting. I have 2 main Characters with over 5+ hours logged on them as well as many other accounts that are either deleted or not in use. My main character has almost 12 hours logged on him and that was just in the past 3 days. I play with a team of 4+ and rarely with duo teams where we run supply missions with nothing on us but a pack and hammer. I would warn everyone that if you don't like games where people hack. Don't play, plain and simple. You will be killed, hacker or not you will die. I have dies many many times. Some from zombies and 1 time by a sniper when I was alone. The other 5 deaths I have had from players was 1 from a friend and the other 4 were confirmed hackers.

All in all, I will more then likely stop playing this game soon, simple because it is stupid to work for hours on end just to die by someone cheating.
  5. Feb 12, 2013
    This comment will be long but please bare with me, so I decided to take a look through the positive comments for valid points to TRY and balance out my review from how I feel about the game and it just pushed me more and more to the negative side, the main trouble it the fact you cant take 99% of the reviews serious, for example some reviews only state negative things about the game and yet still give it 10/10??, others in their review say the game is 8/10 but scored it 10/10??….well these people are deluded to the point its scary, Zombie_Expert stating that the fact WarZ is only getting "hate" is because it came out after Dayz, if this was the case then MOH, Halo, COD (first games in the series) should have terrible reviews because they came out after Goldeneye, Doom, Quake, right?....wrong, they got good reviews because they were good, excellent in fact, so this argument is flawed. Hypnoso states "Not all the features are available yet but devs are releasing up to 3 patches a week" now to me that clearly states you have to buy a empty game, if the devs are having to put out 3 updates a week this clearly shows the game shouldn't be at a state where you can purchase it. TreePunchers "the best game I've played all year. I have no idea how this masterpiece has a 1.1 average. WTF are you people playing" how ANYONE can class WarZ better then "Journey" "The Walking Dead" "XCOM: Enemy Unknown" just to name a few is mind-blowing. There are also two comments I found insulting, but not because they used harsh or offensive language but because it came across so much so that my first reaction was "well they must have surely been paid off to say this" or they are just a genuine internet troll, hopefully the latter, look for reviews by "LucasSM15" "Scouser" for a true mindf**k. BETA Alpha are words banded around to defend it but even the dev has stated its not in BETA, Alpha or even full release, to me this means its just a lost game with no direction, that its been quickly patched together to make a quick buck off of the back of Dayz and why does it comes across that way?, well because its true. DayZ fans boys are another statement used constantly to defend WarZ, its this problem that the fact most of the positive reviewers cant be taken seriously, because they mostly dodge the real issues about the game but just blindly say “well it’s in BETA Alpha, it’s the DayZ fan boys, its haters, its this, its that, not many of them seem to be able to face the truth because funnily enough there is a reason why this game has this score and why its getting these sort or reviews. Anyway if you want to know more about why WarZ is being called a scam, reasons why it gets terrible reviews, go on Reddit, type in WarZ and read the post called “WarZ Evidence True Moneywhoring” Expand
  6. Feb 12, 2013
    This game is the worst game about zombies, it's a trash.
    Someone tryed to copy DayZ, P.S. I must pay for Beta?
    LOL, that don't buy that
  7. Feb 13, 2013
    I created this account to just say how much this game blows.
    Ive been playing since alpha and the game just keeps getting worse and worse.
    This game is broken to the point of no retuen.
    They relized this, and now are just trying to suck as much money from the players before dayz comes out and takes every single player
  8. Feb 15, 2013
    This game is a buggy, corrupted, laughable, cheap, knockoff of a superior free mod.
    The company is truly the worst company to ever "create" a video game.
    Do -NOT- buy this game.
  9. Feb 16, 2013
    2/16/2013
    I purchased this game after it had already been removed from steam thinking "how bad could it be?"
    Well this is by far the worst game I have purchased so far. The game is filled with hackers, The devs response to the issue was renting private servers at 50$ a month instead of getting rid of the hackers.
    They also cut their public servers back by 75% during the private server
    release to manipulate people to rent them since the other servers were full. The collision detection is completely jacked up where if you walk on rocks it makes loud metal noises and if you walk on metal it makes water splash noises. I'm convinced that the developers are either complete noobs or complete scammers. Either way nobody you want to support or buy a game from. There is absolutely no story or point to the game and it has one horrible map that you can cover in a couple of hours. Oh yeah and lovely spawn camping you can barely make it 100 ft from a safe zone without being killed and when you do chances are you won't have any weapons because the spawn campers looted you from your last death. 1 more thing. 1 hour respawn time. WTF?! Not only is this game in a sad state of development but these people should be sued for selling it as a finished game. Expand
  10. Feb 16, 2013
    Terrible game. Regret buying it. Got banned for nothing(?). My ban never got lifted.
    Full of bugs, lying developers.
    Tried to get a refund, but sadly I didn't pay with paypal, so their payment method wouldn't let me get a refund.
  11. Feb 16, 2013
    worst game ever made. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis piece of sshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  12. Feb 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Disgustingly bad game. Very unprofessional developers blatantly lying about the the features of the game. Over-presented and under-developed. Save your money and buy yourself something more worthwhile than this stupidly bad game unless you wish to get banned by the developers who openly cheat and break UK laws. Expand
  13. Feb 23, 2013
    it is unplayable if you are playing alone, but if you have good company of friends it can be fun too. There is not so many spawn killers at the moment and developers are patching it every month so il set rating 4 for it. If nothing will change it near future this game deserves 1 or even 0 rating.
  14. Sep 13, 2013
    really bad game just like this review.
  15. Oct 5, 2013
    One of the worst games I have ever played. Developers didnt even focused on gameplay and graphics. Neither A.I intelligence, rendering the game worst. It also contains million of bugs, connectivity issues, rendering it unplayable. Not worth to buy.
  16. Apr 8, 2013
    This game isn't even complete. It's destroyed by bugs. I was in a gas station when i was being chased by zombies. I went into a room with plants growing through the floor. I jumped over the plants, but the zombies couldn't. I just stood there as the zombies glitched out. THIS GAME IS BROKEN!
  17. May 4, 2013
    Fui hackeado, não posso entrar mais na minha conta, o suporte deles não ajuda, ou seja não estão nem ai para você, desistam desse jogo, não comprem, a melhor coisa que faz para o seu dinheiro!!!
  18. Apr 8, 2013
    Okay okay, first of all have i ever told you about the definition of insanity. its repeating something over and over and over again expecting something to change. really guys stop the lies and using images from walking dead, terms of service from League Of Legends grow some balls
  19. Apr 8, 2013
    Este juego es un fraude no da nada de lo que pide. aunque este en fase beta eso no tiene que significar que pueda tener tantos bugs. por ejemplo. hace unos dias me conecte felizmente para jugar en un servidor con pocas personas porque el juego este esta lleno hasta arriba de hackers y cuando menos personas en un server mejor. bueno, pues me meti en el server y sopresa! de golpe morí y me creia que eran los hackers pero no. me mato una cosa llamada fairfight total que me desconecte y me meti con otro personaje y me tiro del juego, cuando volvi a entrar poni que estaba baneado permanentemente. Pero que me estas contando!!!!!!!!!!!! pague 12€ para que venga el juego y me banee me cago en tu puta madre la muerta y gorda con cancer. Yo recomiendo que nadie compre una copia de este juego hasta que por lo menos salga la version completa y no esta mierda de "beta" Espero que lo comprendais Expand
  20. Apr 16, 2013
    This game is just bullocks. Like a lot of people, I was at first thrilled that there would be another zombie survival game. But little did I know that War Z would just be a dog turd covered in lies and false advertising.

Hackers, awful graphics, fake screenshots, bugs, "hill kills" and a general lack of respect against the community make this game a worthy contender as the worst high
    profile game ever.

On top of all that, War Z is CLEARLY not a finished game. If it was officially in a alpha or beta stage, I could understand the amounts of faults within this game. Its like the company tells you to buy a broken down car. Sure, it has some dents and scratches here and there, but come on, for that small price, you should be glad you get a car that at least runs! ".

This game should be avoided at all cost! Don't give the game makers your hard earned money (or easy earned, it doesn't matter Instead you should go play DAYZ. Yes, it has bugs. Yes its in alpha. Yes its clunky. BUT THEY DON'T CHARGE YOU FOR IT!

Now excuse me, I have to go wash my eyes with acid after watching all the horrible in game clips from The War Z.... *shivers*
  21. Jun 20, 2013
    This is the very worst game I've ever touched. I can't believe I actually fell for this Sergey Titov scam. This man truly knows how to sell games. Well, you can only ruin your reputation once.
  22. Apr 25, 2013
    I was very disappointed with this game when I found I had purchased a buggy mess that became the first game I have ever asked for a refund on that was not "Officially broken". The Steam page on which I brought promised many things that simply were not there, multiple large maps (only one small one), finding it was only in Alpha Beta (Not mentioned when I brought it), Private servers (Nowhere to be found), skills (What skills? where are they?) and the list goes on but I would be here to long.

The reason I gave this game a 3 out of 10 though was because out of the 6 hours I painfully had in this game with broken AI and some of the worst textures I have ever seen, I did find it slightly more satisfying when I found a few friendly people in the game and went around with them in search of a gun which I never saw after 6 hours...

But those two people were the only two people outside of hackers and people who just shoot you for the sake of being you, as already mentioned the zombie AI is a joke, they run all around you rarely hitting you, run and get stuck on anything that's not flat or use their mighty zombie powers to kill you from many miles away.

And I thought I'd mention the textures again because it will take some beating to find a game with worse, sometimes you might think your going along a road, nope in fact you've been stumbling up a hill that looks like a road because of this giant pix elated mess that sits before you. And let's not forget the classic fall a few centimeters equals death part of the game, if this is what a real zombie apocalypse would be like, thank goodness it doesn't exist.

To put this game into a nut shell, if you like a good old broken mess this game is right up your street, if you want a zombie survival game just get Day Z, whether that means waiting for it's standalone release or it's Arma II mod it's a much better experience and the source most likely for this game trying to cash into it's success.

Staying away from this game is a wise phrase most people use for this game, I agree with them, at least until this game gets some severe updates and by that time Day Z standalone should be out. I may have given this a 3 out of 10 but that was scraping the barrel.
  23. Jun 17, 2013
    This game is simply bad from every angle; - Terrible texturing/rendering - Constant glitches which should have been worked out in beta - Prices of pre-ordered accounts are in some cases 4 times as much as release cost - Server sizes are well below the promised size, Map size is well below promised size - People pre-ordered for private servers which are still not activated - The skill trees aren't up yet and should have been up during beta
    - Spawn points are clustered even though there is plenty of space to randomize it more
    - Falling damage and combat damage effects are erratic and unrefined
    - They blatantly stole artwork and pictures from The Walking Dead
    - Hammerpoint simply copy-pasted a lot of the game elements from previously released titles yet there are still tons of bugs as if they had built them from the ground up
    - Original game overview and developer commentary swore up and down that there would be NO SAFE ZONES yet it took less than 2 weeks for them to cave in on that one
    - Items purchased with real money are still lost upon death
    etc...
    I pre-ordered because I had a lot of faith in what promised to be a great game. Once you get involved you can see for yourself how blatantly Sergy Titov is just out to get your money without giving you anything in return. Please don't support this developer.
  24. Jun 22, 2013
    Bought mine on Steam for $3, worst ripoff on my whole Steam history! Played for 30 minutes, got killed by a player and had to wait 1 hour to play again (or buy resurrection for just $1!). 1 hour later, ok I will give one more chance started with my guy with no items, found some shotgun (with 2 shots, or buy shells for just $1 what a scam!), 2 shoots on a zombie in the head do nothing, had to kill then with 30 shovel hits (btw animation sucks). The game is not worth of it, go get refund. Expand
  25. Jun 29, 2013
    Where to start?
    I joined the game as soon as it was released to the public. It looked promising. Screenshots looked amazing.
    I had quite enjoyed Day-Z, but it being an add-on felt too buggy so I thought a full release game off similar irk should be good.
    The first thing I noticed was the screenshots were fake. The gameplay was somewhat tedious.
    But it had promise. The updates that were
    being promised for full release looked great. So I hung on. They never came. I waited more. They still never came. The hackers came. Really promising updates never did. So, no new map, no cars, a skill tree which in incomplete and actually useless as makes no effect. I could list hundreds of problems with this game. The difficulty of it is finding the redeeming factors now. Hence, I have given up on it. I tried so hard to like it, but it is impossible. It is certainly not helped when you are lied to again and again and again by the developers. All in all: Avoid this at all costs. Not even worth reading about! Expand
  26. Jul 8, 2013
    Bought this game just before its change its name, I can only tells that change the name can't make any better. Infestation: Survivor Stories is still a piece of Don't buy it, it's like a scam by using game.
  27. Jul 19, 2013
    1. This was a rip of an ArmaII mod Day Z.
    2. This game is in BETA and was rushed into the steam marketplace (it should be in the early access marketplace but wasn't). Lots of glitches still.
    3. I bought this when it was first released for 20 dollars and have not seen any real improvement except for barriers and a skill tree.
    4. Lots of things seem to go wrong during their
    patches/updates like people getting permanently banned for no reason and losing stuff they both collected through playing and paid (real money) for.
    5. There is a reason why it's so cheap on steam. The game is junk and a lot of people are jumping ship.

BE WARNED :D
  28. Jul 18, 2013
    This is the worst game that have ever been made... i'm not even joking.
    1. They are still missing TONS of stuff they said they was going to implement 1 year ago almost...
    2. Hackers. Yes there is TONS of hackers in this game everyone using loot spawning and aimbot.
    3. Zombies. In real life 2 hits with a bat kills a human depending on where you hit them... but in this game it takes 34
    hits to kill a zombie and 20 bullets to kill one with a gun (for me alteast).
    4. They even changed name to get more sale of the game and make more money these people are horrible and i want my money back so much... but they have banned me from facebook, twitter, and even their forum just because i said i want my money back these guys are not proffesinal.
    --------
    So to everyone that is going to buy a new zombie game. please buy Arma 2 and get the DayZ mod or wait untill DayZ standalone comes out
  29. Jul 19, 2013
    Dont, just dont buy this game.
    THey changed their name just trying to start over.
    The support is still garbage and they still ban people for nothing.
    And dont expect unban because they are aiming only for your money.

When you get banned they laugh and say: Buy the game again.
  30. Jul 19, 2013
    Infestation has far to many mistakes. From day one, the unprofessional developers hid the mistakes, and had no improvement in content
    I don't see it going anywhere now with the Infestation developers stealing Facepunch Studio's Rust, game content
  31. Jul 20, 2013
    I bought this game on steam sale against my better judgement. I am a huge DayZ and zombie genre fan and for 3$ it seemed too good to pass up. Crashed about 9 Times within the first hour of playing Kept getting kicked off servers, crashed my computer that normally runs no problems. Graphics are pretty simple but I dont mind that I had negative fun in the 2 hours I invested trying to get into this game.

I wish I could ask for a refund.
  32. Jul 21, 2013
    A friend of mine got suckered into buying this, So I took a turn at it to write an honest review, This game is horrible in every respect possible. Graphics: Look like there from 2005. Game play: boring and floaty combat that's nearly impossible,followed by a metric ton of hackers who destroy everything(also the response by the devs to hacker is to at random ban people taking shots in the dark at hackers). Price: Really high on it's own for this ton of crap but then there is a ton of super expensive micro-transactions for weapons and food that you loose and have to re-buy if you die. This game is a giant ball of irritation and money hungry idiots who made a cruddy game to exploit the market of zombie games. Don not buy and feel ashamed if you did, you wasted money and feed and evil money hungry monster. Expand
  33. Jul 22, 2013
    Rubish

I paid for this game and now I´m want refound from PayPal.

You can spend real money for before lose it all it some one kill you. It´s a bad copy of DayZ.
  34. Jul 23, 2013
    disgraceful, support team, they lie and ban unjustly expecting people to rebuy the game.
    The WARZ is its original name is buggy and full off hackers.
    if I keep typing its going to be nothing but more hate..
    my advice DONT buy it!
  35. Jul 26, 2013
    DO NOT BUY!
    That is all I will say, as everything about this game has already been said by others.
    It is just not worth your time people...
    [words to use up minimum character length]
  36. Jul 26, 2013
    You play 10 hours to get you killed by a zombie with 3 hits.
    The price is very high for the game.
    The game needs to be Free to Play, so i recommended play the pirated version (DeadZ).
    In Infestation: Survivor Stories you can't use cars, but in te pirated version you can.
    And the GC? Regrettable....
  37. Jul 29, 2013
    Despite the potential this title once had, and the continuous improvement over the last months, it is still a very bad game in its current state. It still has massive technical problems. It still does not many of the features it was expected to have upon initial release. Instead, many aspects of the game still seem unfinished or only half-done. Formerly known as "WarZ", this game feels just completely pointless to me, nothing to do, nothing to achieve. It is ugly to look at and pointlessly boring to play. No way I would recommend spending your time on this one. Expand
  38. Jul 29, 2013
    Absolutely terrible game full of bugs and hackers; immature staff and developers. They're lucky people haven't stormed their headquarters and beat their heads in.
  39. Aug 2, 2013
    To be honest I had more fun reading all the pissed off forum threads than I did playing the game. I can’t stress enough that the zombies in this game are merely a backdrop to a PvP style game we have all played 1000’s of times with substandard graphics. Before you make this purchase, drop by the official forums or the Steam forums and pick a few threads to read. If you take it for what it is (and don’t mind the slightly larger numbers of hackers and bugs) then I supposed it would rate a 60. It seems without the zombies it’s just a 2nd rate shooter with middle of the road graphics. Expand
  40. Aug 6, 2013
    Purchased this off steam when it was only a few dollars with a few friends, Game has a lot of issues. Only fun part of the game was there are tons of zombies, something I've found lacking in the other games like it. One of the main issues was that the game constantly crashed. After doing the usual google digging I couldn't find anything that helped so submitted a ticket. 18 days later after I'd already quit playing I get an email response stating that my account had been banned due to evidence of hacking on the account. Can't find any evidence of my account being compromised, and have submitted a reply ticket. As for the ban won't be playing either way but find it offensive to be banned unjustly. Oh well, I saw the warnings about the mass ban hammer being used to handle support issues before i bought it, glad I only paid a few dollars. Got as much fun out if it as I did an arcade game for the same amount of cash. I would never recommend paying full price for this. Expand
  41. Aug 15, 2013
    This game is an absolute abomination. Stay far away!
    Terrible company, full of crooks and liars, check their history. They are the worst people in the game industry I have read about by far.
    Bans on legit players thanks to fairfight (FAILFIGHT). Seriously look it up this travesty bans based on stats rather than detections. No I am not kidding. There is a reason BF3 admins stopped using
    that failure of an "anti cheat"
    The game just looks terrible too. At first glance it's not too bad but then you look at the textures at a reasonable distance and you want to puke. I actually saw 2D props in this game. Yes, 2D props.
    The animations are terrible, I've seen better ones in player made mods from older games.
    Loot is bad and nowhere to be found, zombies glitch out and teleport to you thanks to the game's NUMEROUS glitches. Speaking of zombies if you were looking to play this because the zombies are slower and, according to logic, more realistic because of it than DayZ, don't even bother. There are SPRINTING zombies in this game and the last patch made it so that now there is even more.
    There are hackers everywhere. Almost every single survivor I came across had some kind of ESP or aimbot.
    To top it all off, this monstrous pile of excrement has the audacity to be PAY TO WIN. There is a marketplace, and even though you can not buy guns, you can buy ammo, which is VERY VERY hard to find normally, as well as attachments, which can NOT be found in-game, and armor, which also can NOT be found in-game.
    Support is terrible, I would even say non-existent. Good luck if you have any issues, you are better off asking the players.

Here is my experience playing the game:
    Day 1: look around, get a feel for the game and look for stuff to pick up. Not much is found but scant supplies, but at this point I thought it was just bad luck or a bad zone. Died about 3 times to zombies, because I was still learning and once to a player, who seemed to know where I was at all times.
    Day 2: I have looked online for spawn locations for zombies and items and tactics. I die twice to players after finding 3 guns, all pistols. One might have been legitimate, but the other was clearly aimbotting.
    Day 3: I make a route of the best possible paths to get "good" loot. After coming and going out of these very dangerous areas I have come across 4 pistols and finally one assault rifle. I did not die that day because I was going into VERY low pop servers. Also found good backpacks.
    Day 4: Continuing my loot route, I keep to my low pop servers tactic. This proved to be for naught, as I get killed by a player over 300 meters away with an assault rifle in 2 shots. The "max range" for assault rifles is 85 meters. After losing all this stuff I continue to try and loot, finding two assault rifles and a few pistols after a long time of looting the same "high quality areas" and server hopping often.
    Day 5: Looting continues, I die halfway through. I had accidentally pulled a lot of zombies but managed to outrun them, putting at least 20 meters between me and the one leading the pack with a sliver of health left, but it glitches and teleports to me and kills me instantly. Infuriated, I continue to try and play until I get killed by yet another player despite having nothing on me. At this point I ragequit for the day.
    Day 6: Looting again.. this time I actually find a sniper rifle for the first time in an item box. Feeling good, I now try and remain on the higher ground whenever I am out looting so as to spot and snipe players before they get close. Plan did not work out, was killed by a player aimbotting with an assault rifle once again.
    Day 7: No players, no glitches, decent loot. Or at least, what can be called "decent" in this game with such crappy loot. Everything's fine. I am walking towards the city when I see chat light up with bans. No big deal I've seen this before, but it is annoying to see on the chatbar. I comment in global saying that it's annoying to see that every day and all of a sudden, my character dies. I rage, and figured I had been killed by a sniper or something, as I was sure no player or zombie was near me at all. I try to log back in the game and guess what? Account permanently banned. Excuse me? I am permanently banned? Yet I have come across all these hackers?? Did I mention this was AFTER purchasing GC?! Apparently something I did triggered fairfight (FAILFIGHT)'s statistics system and got me banned. Maybe I headshot too many zombies and it thought I was aimbotting because of it, who knows. Either that or an admin saw me commenting about how annoying the ban messages were on the chat and thought I too should have a taste.

This is literally the worst game I have ever played in my entire life, and I doubt I will ever play something worse ever again. Everything that can be wrong about a game, infestation has it.
    All the badmouthing this game has received is in reality ten times worse than that. This game is pure FILTH.
  42. Aug 20, 2013
    The game had changed its name to in infestation probably to try and sneak away from the warz line, since the name had been tainted, my friend got me this game, i downloaded it went to play, played for ten minutes, i then was shot by a zombie flying around with a gun the size of a tree, so i contacted support, next day i log on, 10 minutes of play time, banned for hacking, turns out everyone on the server that day was banned... woopy doo... Expand
  43. Aug 31, 2013
    Do not think of buying this game, Do not think of playing this game. This game is terrible. Low-res, buggy and full of hackers which the developers of the game hasn't done anything to address this situation.

Let's also point that out that the game's Steam page is also very misleading, About 90% of the features what has been mentioned is not implemented in the actual game.

This game
    is just a cheap cash in for DayZ fans, Wait for the standalone if you want to play a quality looking game. Expand
  44. Sep 1, 2013
    This game is an abortion, the champion of my regrettable purchases, walking around in a forest, looking through dull towns, some 12 year old shoots you and takes your pistol.
  45. Oct 12, 2013
    game have to many problems bugs glitchs lags that why i cen't gice 1/10 and next graphic like games in 1996 but we have 2013 then where is 17 years phisics same havoc or some low non... rly game is very empty.
  46. Oct 17, 2013
    Many cheaters, the whole game is buggy with infected through walls, you being disconnected by descending a hill not buy not buy not buy not buy not buy not buy not buy not buy
  47. Oct 20, 2013
    when i got this game on steam it said the game had x features, but then the game did not have any of the features and we had to hassle with steam to get refunds, so don't buy this game, they are liars
  48. Oct 25, 2013
    Im lagging, there is hackers and im so pissed. i spent 3000$ with my moms credit card for in game credit and some guy hacked it and i cant get it back. this game sucks
  49. Oct 26, 2013
    I purchased this game a few months ago, on July 2013. I was really busy with work etc, so I didn't play the game until 2 months later on September. I logged in, entered my purchased serial key for the very first time, and played for a few hours then logged off. After 2 days, I picked it up again and couldn't log in. It said my account was banned because the system detected I was a hacker. What the hell?! I purchased the game legitimately, barely played for 3~4 hours and I got banned?

So after doing a bit of Google search, it turns out EVERYONE who were in the same situation as me got banned. ANYONE who purchased the game and not activating their serial key or log in for around 2 months are considered as inactive, and are banned for no reason. Many people filed support and complaints and the lucky ones would get their account re-activated, AFTER 2 months of "investigation".

The game developers are shady and unprofessional. They even delete forum posts regarding this matter (as well as many others) just to hide the problems.
  50. Oct 27, 2013
    A scam of Tobacco-esque proportions.

But if you are a smoker and have no problem spending your hard-earned money just to occupy time, then The Scam Z is the game for you.

Even if one were to forgive the arrogant, lying, incompetent 'development team' who sold this title using entirely false advertising, by piggy-backing it onto the success of Day Z and it's upcoming standalone
    release you would still find nothing to regard as content anywhere in sight.

This 'game' was rushed out in under 6 months for one reason alone: to profit from the success and hype surrounding from something else Day Z.

The game is entirely broken, there is no development team and if you were to play it, you would find but an empty, featureless, barren wasteland, with one purpose alone to extract money from your wallet, by any means possible while offering as little product as possible.

Do not purchase, even if your survival depends on it. Succumb to the Zombies instead.

Sergey Titov should be banned from the gaming industry, for life.
  51. Dec 19, 2012
    The developers of this game obviously had evil intentions to make this game a pay to play but wasn't quite finished with the game so they charged people for it. Just recently they updated a in game payment for respawning???? So to the people that paid money here comes some more cash for you to throw at the game already. What's next? DO NOT BUY THIS GAME... You're NOT supporting the original creators of Day Z... They obviously rushed this to get the sales and screw everyone over. Just a side note the guy Kewk one of the developers http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkewk has Activision in his group profile so that basically says everything around the direction this games going.... Money grabbing... Save your money for Day Z they won't do something like this... Expand
  52. Dec 19, 2012
    A cash grab gamed base off of the success of the DayZ mod. Nothing good about it at all. Also has in-game cash store where players can buy supplies!! how is that survival?!?
  53. Dec 23, 2012
    This game is a failure at best and a scam at worst. Not remotely finished, horrible dev team (what kind of dev team plays the game using cheats against other players?), shoddy gameplay (Day Z ripoff, but somehow manages to be clunkier), very little content, and F2P style unlocks. Horrible.
  54. Aug 25, 2013
    I tried to look passed the poor behavior of the developers (which I definitely regret), but the game still failed me. I first tried playing on a server with about 70+ people. I ran around killing zombies with my flash light while players were continuously banned. Eventually as I was running clueless through an endless forest, I got banned. I joined another server after that and it didn't get any better. The zombies were very glitchy and got stuck a lot, but other than that it ran fine. I had no lag or anything (and usually do not with my internet connection), so I'm not sure why I got banned. Not worth the measly $4 I paid for it. Expand
  55. Dec 20, 2012
    Ton of fanboy's with their positive reviews ya it can be a good game but it is being so rushed and it still seems like a mod of WarZ. I still jump on once in awhile but the game seems like its only 30% complete of a normal mmo release. Plus with all there false advertisement's I can't stand the Dev team. Avoid till end of next year maybe if they keep going.
  56. Dec 19, 2012
    I bought this game on Steam and, when i found out AFTER i had bought the product that it was still in a largely unfinished state, that the store page was actually misrepresenting the actual product... The game is still in BETA... it's not finished... After so many searches via Google I can see I'm not the only one very disappointed with this game and the fact that STEAM has decided to sell this product over their delightful (no sarcasm intended) store system. I can't believe the people at STEAM did not vet this game before releasing it onto the public... If I were STEAMPOWERED.COM i would sue Hammerpoint Interactive for damages of reputation. Expand
  57. Jun 18, 2013
    just doing my part as a responsible gamer to help further lower the score on this game and show the horribleness of the developers. Nothing about this game is good, nothing about the developers is good. Rude, money mongering jerks who insult their own players and then make them suffer in game.
  58. Feb 26, 2013
    You would do a lot better by purchasing just about any other game rather than buying The War Z which is an abysmal and sorry excuse of a game. If you want to play a game that's about surviving a zombie apocalypse, go and play DayZ that's the game The War Z so desperately wishes it was and fails horribly at copying.
  59. Dec 19, 2012
    Game is a total scam. Advertises features that it clearly doesn't have. How you can call a 50 person server a MMO is beyond me. This game was so bad it was even kicked off of Steam.
  60. Feb 14, 2013
    If You checked Score on Metacritic and still don't believe, that this game SUCK BALLS Believe! I didn't, and now I regret. This game could be a milestone, but NO! Whole game is a LIE! Just imagine that: Zombie apocalypse... You stand in a middle of forest with flashlight and some food/water. You head for military base to find some weapons. You wander around for half an hour trying to avoid zombies You don't want to fight them because its half a minute smashing it's head! Finally a bat. So I can kill zombies easier right? WRONG! It's still flashlight but without light! Ok lets look for something else. Body armor! Nice huh? NO! You got shot by armored to the teeth camping new players! Thats what this game is about Find equipment and hunt new players! Need a prove? Try to shoot a zombie i DARE YOU. In less than 5 sec You will be surrounded by instant spawned 20 zombies and get killed loosing all eq. Killing zombies? What for? ALL You got is 5xp per zombie and nothing to spent those xp for. If You REALY want this game so badly at least get some friends to play with You. And trust NO ONE! Kill everyone on sight. "Don't worry im friendly, please help me... I'm just aiming for your head for fun... BANG haha looser!"

Stacking zombies, clipping items problems, broken sounds, ugly graphic, missing textures, tons of hackers And thats not even half of it! DONT-BUY-THIS-GAME it's BROKEN
  61. Dec 19, 2012
    The game runs horribly, it's not even optimized. IThere is little to no content unless you like spawning in and dying immediately to hacking. But that's ok, because you can spend real life currency to just respawn, or instead wait 4 hours to play that character again. The other half of the content is just walking around a map that won't even let you step off of a 1 foot high elevation in the ground without taking half your health away.

The game is just pure awful. The developers lie consistently about what content is in the game, they blame it on the customers, saying they are basically too stupid and should just generalize their facts for the best results. It's also close to impossible to get a refund on this game.

Do yourself a favor - Just type in WarZ controversy in Google and you'll get all the facts you need to steer clear of this awful, deceitful, scam of a game.
  62. Dec 19, 2012
    Long story short, this game is a giant scam. They made it so you have to constantly buy microtransactions. The game has been removed from Steam because of this. DO NOT BUY IT! Do not support these greedy conmen. Its so bad that the devs have come on this site giving it scores of 10. They are pathetic.
  63. Jul 18, 2013
    This game is the WAR Z they changed the name and did nothing else,. The old metacritic score was 20/100 and they changed the game's name to hide that fact and try to fool potential buyers. This game is just as bad as it was before and the devs are just as big slime balls as before. They are deleting posts in the Steam forums to hide the fact their game is horrid and EXTREMELY poor and badly supported. Expand
  64. Feb 22, 2013
    This game is horrible. Seriously don't buy it. It takes a lot of time and a lot of luck just to get a gun, but most of the time another players kills you before you even find one. I bought an item from the market and I didn't even get it. This game is crap and the company should give everyone that bought it refunds.
  65. Dec 19, 2012
    "There is no such thing as 'release' for an online game" ~Sergey Titov

That quote directly from the dev basically sums up everything wrong here. The steam store page for this game is laden with lies about what this game will deliver. For instance "the game supports up to 100 players". No, the game supports a maximum of 50 players on a server. They also say the game's maps are between
    100 and 400 square km, when at MOST there are some that are a maximum of 100 square km. The dev's official response to the accusation that this was a lie? "Okay -- if text is saying "up to 100 players" -- yes, I may imagine situation when somebody will say "okay it HAVE TO BE 100." "Over 100 sq km" falls in "100 to 400" right?". These are direct quotes taken from a gamespot interview with the dev. To sum it up - the game was released in alpha stage quality, the devs later called it a "foundation release". It's a sloppy, buggy game, that is selling complete lies. This is NOT an MMO, this game does NOT support 100 players, the maps are NOT 100 to 400km. THERE IS ALSO NO SKILL TREE. Also should you die in the game you must pay REAL MONEY to respawn, or wait 4 hours.

This game is one of the most falsely advertised products I have ever encountered, and I can only hope legal action is taken to force the developer to fully refund those duped by their marketing lies.
  66. Feb 21, 2013
    hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, hack, hack,hack, Expand
  67. Dec 19, 2012
    so i purchased this horrifically broken Day Z "clone"(lol) with the extra 2100 gp, installed it, fired it up, and within the first 10 mins of playing died and lost all the 2100 gp worth of shiny new in-game crap that i had just purchased after i encountered the world's worst lag spike that i've ever seen in a game. this game is such a broken, jumbled pile of dog droppings with graphics that would look dated 10 years ago, terrible AI, glitchy gameplay and environments, etc...pretty much this turd of a game isn't even ready for an open beta let alone be on store shelves. and on top of that the game's devs are lashing out at it's customers for calling them out for falsely advertising aspects of the game as selling points that just aren't there. honestly, f*** this game and go play Day Z Expand
  68. Dec 19, 2012
    The game is a scam and most of the features are a complete rip-off from Day Z. Gameplay and graphics are terrible. Players banned for no reason just to make more money. Avoid!
  69. Dec 19, 2012
    A friend bought this game and gave us the guest keys and we all played together. This game is the biggest piece of **** i have ever played. We **** died randomly while walking(we didn't get shot or hacked, Just random fall damage while WALKING on a FLAT SURFACE). DayZ Standalone is such a better choice than this once it comes out soon. It has so much better graphics and gameplay. This is literally the worst game i have played in my life, and I've played a lot of ****ty games. Expand
  70. Dec 28, 2012
    This game would be fine if the developers would admit that the game is in very early alpha stages still, rather than trying to market the game as a finished product. Really though at this point, after having seen the true colors of the development team and the terrible customer service and unprofessional attitude they all have, there is no way I will be spending money on this game in the future. Picked it up at launch, did a charge back with my credit card company within 2 hours. Stay away from this game, if you want a similar game try the DayZ mod for ARMA2, its in alpha still I believe but at least the devs are open about it and not trying to screw you out of a bunch of cash. Expand
  71. Jan 25, 2013
    Terrible game that is only further backed up by their customer support. War Z is not ready for official release by a long shot and should have never been released. Avoid this game like the plague. Maybe in a year or two will it be semi-functional based on their recent updates.
  72. Dec 19, 2012
    The game is an awful mess of an alpha which was said to be a full game. They blatantly lied about the features on their steam page, so much so that steam took it down and is investigating them. On top of that the support that they give to their customers is **** They basically tell you that you won't get a refund and threaten to put you on a blacklist for asking for a refund. They stole their TOS from LoL and only recently changed it. The guy "Sergei" who is the head of this game happened to design the engien for big rigs, you know? The worlds worst game, the game where the box says you will be transporting illegal cargo and racing cops despite that never happening, and how the trucks you race against have no ai so they sit in spawn. Yeah, worst game ever and this guy who made the engine is the lead on this game. This game is what you get when a couple of scummy no good **** decide to, instead of build on what rocket made (Day Z) decide to take their terrible F2P combat arms rip off and turn it into a open world zombie game, falsely advertise it, and the only innovation they do is adding a micro transaction shop to get more money out of customers. DO NOT BUY IT. The forums are like a damn gulag. DON'T BUY THIS GAME. Expand
  73. Mar 7, 2013
    Seriously do not purchase this game. Many features listed on Steam are completely missing. The price was reduced to less than $15 in order to squeeze as much money from the game before it dies. I repeat: do not purchase this game, you will not get what you think you are getting. Just look at the War Z forums to see the problems.
  74. May 28, 2014
    This game is horrible.This game is horrible.This game is horrible.This game is horrible.This game is horrible.This game is horrible.This game is horrible.This game is horrible.This game is horrible.This game is horrible.This game is horrible.This game is horrible.This game is horrible.
  75. Jul 18, 2013
    Awful game. Awful support. They encourage you to buy microtransaction items that are only usable once. Then they'll ban you if you even ask for support or questions about bugs in the game. Terribly managed and executed.
  76. Dec 19, 2012
    This is an awful game where you spend a large amount of time moving about slowly, only to be killed by some "tough guy" who can use bots and exploits.
  77. Apr 10, 2013
    This game is an utter mess. Who would want to play this and if you would like to play this, why?! First off, it has horrible controls, bad graphics, badly optimized, dumb broken AI and what more? Well, it was on Steam and it came back to Steam which is probably the worst thing ever to come to my mind. It's over priced for such a bad game. It is also a rip off of DayZ, the awesome mod for Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead. Worst game of 2012. One more thing to mention: IT WAS MADE BY THE CREATORS OF BIG RIGS OVER THE ROAD RACING, which is a bad thing because the game is the worst game I have ever played in my entire life, along with Extreme Paintbrawl. Expand
  78. Dec 19, 2012
    There is no game. In fact, developpers are only thieves and swindlers who played with the desires of the players. The list of them misdeeds is oppressive, everything carries to believe that it is not only a question that of incompetence but well and truly an organization dedicated to earn money explitant the credulity of gamers.
  79. Apr 2, 2013
    Don't buy this game! It's a cash cow, a scam. The producers abused the hype arround the really good game "dayz" to rip the consumers off.
    - extremely bad and boring game world, invisible borders, huge distances with no variety and no things to find, unrealistic and bad item spawns, no swimming not even short distances (through a small stream)
    - boring gameplay, only deathmatch and no
    interaction between the players (except clans), many cheaters, dumb zumbies, the players move way too slow so the distances seem even longer than they are already
    - so many features that have been announced which will never be in the game only to get the people's money, all the screenshots on the developper's site look interesting but they're all fake.
    - boring graphics
    - ingame shop: people who spend the most money have advantages (for a f2p game it may be ok but we already payed for the game).
    - the whole game seems to be unfinished
    Again: Save the money, don't buy this game!
  80. Apr 1, 2013
    I really can't add to anything hasn't already been stated hundreds of times before. Broke game, can't swim, extolling money for pay to win items, hackers galore, banning people regardless of what they were doing, and generally horrible business practices... Stay away from this game and company at all costs.
  81. Dec 20, 2012
    if you have a cheap computer i recomend running this game on that computer and setting that computer on fire it will buff your charisma for one hour with the gods favour.
  82. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is absolutely horrible. Horrible textures, horrible animations, horrible map, horrible physics and on top of it all pay to win. It is also filled with hackers and glitchers.
  83. Feb 26, 2013
    This game is absolutely terrible. It is being marketed and is on sale as if it were a full game when it's really still in alpha development phase. The developers are already cashing in on those who are unlucky enough to fall for the false promises made on this game. It's also extremely pay-to-win. After forking over real cash for fake credit, you and another player can have a wallet battle, where each person pays to respawn faster in order to regain the loot they lost. Eventually, someone gives up and loses their stuff to the other guy or runs out of money, and the developers have gotten the players to spend potentially huge amounts of money for absolutely nothing. It also robs the players of any reward they may have received by doing well unless they're willing to pay up to the developers in order to get their character to respawn faster than the other guy. Expand
  84. Dec 19, 2012
    Buyer Beware, this game fails to deliver! The developers lie about features and the graphics and animations are awful. Don't support these people. I wasted $20 on this game, so don't make the same mistake I did. AVOID AT ALL COST!
  85. Dec 19, 2012
    "A Zombie MMO! isn't that great?" DON'T BE FOOLED, the game is far from a MMO, I dont know what the Devs were thinking but they even ripped off the League of Legends EULA, seriously, EVEN their PROMO SCREEN has ripped off images from The Walking Dead, what we have here is just an attempt of getting your HARD earned money with blatantly lies and misinformation, I repeat: RESEARCH about the game first, it was removed from Steam because of the lies they've written, the game is full of hackers and lacking the content that was promised in the game info. Expand
  86. Dec 20, 2012
    The War Z is far from finished/polished. I've had my fair share of fun but only to be ruined the next minute because of either hackers or dying from a 1 feet fall. It's buggy and not worth a single penny in my opinion. Worst release I've seen in years.
  87. Dec 21, 2012
    These developers should straighten up and do their work properly. This is a GREAT concept being drained down the toilet. I really hope some real people will start thinking about a game like this, maybe they will manage not to screw things up.
  88. Dec 20, 2012
    This game is a bait and switch, where the customer is the mark. Hammerpoint sells their games as if it was a feature-complete game, while it is, for all practical purposes, in alpha-stage. That is quite apart from the blatant lies in the marketing (still present on the WarZ homepage, nevermind the Steam store page) and the ludicrous claim that it is an "MMO".
  89. Jan 16, 2013
    Too many bugs, game needs major polishing. Also the game is loaded with hackers that face barely any penalties, so everyone's doing it. In turn making the game a very unpleasant experience.
  90. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is essentially the story of the mad king. But first we need to understand the background of the company. The entire games history is half truths and down right lies. According to their forum rules you must not "Steal Copywrited Work" unfortunately this doesn't seem to apply to them. Not only did they STEAL League of Legends ToS - the best part is they left the link of league of legends inside the terms of service for War Z. Then their great zombie logo is actually stolen screen grabs from the t.v show The Walking Dead photoshoped. Oh but lets get onto the game. The War Z is actually just a Mod of War Inc.. A Free 2 Play game owned by the parent company Hammer Point. Essentially what they tried to do is the reverse of DayZ. In DayZ's case, they used most of the models and gameplay concepts from ARMA 2 and released a mod with a few changes. In WarZ's case it was almost the opposite. You are actually paying for the Mod. They used alot of the assets and same engine from War Inc., changed a few things around, and made you pay for the mod Instead. Essentially if you played War Inch, add a bunch of zombies and shoot, an you got War Z. Now onto the business side of War Z. War Z has a great reputation for banning dissenters. You say anything bad anywhere, your account gets banned - no reason given. Essentially its like a mad king killing those who oppose him. Not only that, this king blames his subjects for "mis-reading" his words, instead of manning up saying he didn't correctly explain the product description. So if you want to support a company that steals other products, blames its customers, bans accounts without reason. Support War Z. Otherwise Down with the King. Expand
  91. May 12, 2013
    the war z is nothing but an impudently scam. lying about production and releasing a totally bugged and unfinished game which does NOT contain the promised features. they charge money to rent your own server and what? you can not even control your own server! if you want items or weapons on YOUR OWN server you have to PAY for them on your own server. that is so unbelievable impudent!
  92. Dec 19, 2012
    I purchased this game back in October. At first I thought it to be a neat and innovative game. The promises were fair and everything seemed the be in a place where this game could deliver big. Oh how wrong that all was. Myself and a friend were both banned from the WarZ forums because we voiced articulate dislike for the mistreatment of us the players and how the game was failing to deliver. We didn't get warned or anything we were both permbanned. This was happening on the steam forums too until the entire forum was deleted. Then the recent interviews with the game's developer and lead designer. The refusal to give refunds, the lying and false claims, the blatant lack of appreciation for us the players supporting him and so much more has made me never EVER want anything to do with it ever again. I will NEVER support ANY game/idea/product from this person/developer again. I would not touch their product even if they offered to pay me. The game play is mediocre. The graphics are sub standard, there is nothing memorable about the game itself. If it were just that I wouldn't feel so bad being out my money. But then We the players got kicked while we were down... repeatedly... The WarZ has been uninstalled and I am not looking back. I signed up for metacritic JUST to write this review because people need to know they type of dirty, scummy, grimy, less than human A- Hole the dev team has been toward the gaming community as a whole. Please do not buy this game, don't even try it at a friends place. This should be avoided at ALL costs. I am sorry I didn't do enough due diligence and I will never make this mistake again.

-Sincerely-

A very disgruntled gamer.
  93. Dec 19, 2012
    This is a disgrace to the Steam platform and gaming itself. By false advertising they've promised features, that don't even exist in the game. Private servers? Not implemented. Hardcore mode? Not implemented. 100-400km² in size? Colorado has 75km² at best.
    100 players per server? 50 slots is the actual limit.

All "Screenshots" on the sales page are FAKED. None of these is an
    actual screenshot. This is just an abysmal cashgrab. Don't get fooled by shady business ethics. Expand
  94. Dec 19, 2012
    Short answer - Absolutely terrible game made my terrible people.

Long answer - The Steam page falsely advertises with mocked-up screenshots, features that don't exist in game, and so on. The game is far from finished, and the steam page does NOTHING to acknowledge this. The fact that this game has micro-transactions on top of the purchase price is a kick in the teeth as-is; the fact
    that those micro-transactions are lost on death of your character is even more ridiculous. This is a game genre where you're expected to die, so the in-game store is just a blatant cash-grab.

Speaking of dying, if you die, then your character goes on cooldown and you need to wait 4 hours to use it again... unless you feel like paying real money to instantly revive. Add that on top of the game being buggy as hell, painful to look at, poorly optimized, fundamentally broken, and more, and you have quite possibly the worst game of 2012.

And finally, to top it all off, the devs seem to believe it's a good idea to ban anyone from both the forums and the game itself for spreading the word that this game is absolute **** They also threaten to put certain people on a payment blacklist for the company that handles their micro-transactions; in other words, because the WarZ devs don't like you, they will try to tell the company they work with that you're not a trustworthy customer and that company will no longer accept your payments for ANY game, not just WarZ. Oh, and they're refusing refund requests.

Yeah, it's that horrible. Don't waste your money on this garbage.
  95. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is literally the worst thing I have ever seen. I don't even know where to begin with this. Even at that, anything I could mention has probably already been mentioned everywhere else on the Internet. But let's just get down to business; this game is literally not worth a single penny. From the beginning the playerbase was promised features and lo and behold when the game is officially released everyone is stuck dealing with placeholders and broken hopes. This game is no better in it's current state than it was in it's alpha. In fact, the ironic part is a lot of the features in the game currently are STILL IN ALPHA. The reviews are pouring in and if you have rated this positively I legitimately feel sorry for you and would like you to know that you are in the minority. This game is an abomination in every sense of the word. The developers literally had to be called out in front of the whole Internet before they changed the false claims on the steam description page and EVEN STILL, if you read the GameSpy review with Sergey, the 'lead developer of the game,' he blatantly ignores the fact that his game is incomplete and nothing but lies. I cannot even begin to continue with this review because I am so appalled by the business principles and overall general attitude of Sergey Titov and the rest of Hammerpoint Interactive. Congratulations, guys, you are absolutely what is killing gaming as we know it today. Expand
  96. Dec 19, 2012
    Did you like Day Z? Well take that free ARMA2 mod. Now charge money for it. Except take out the things that made it good. Now add micro-transactions for items that you buy with real money and go bye bye when you get killed. Make the map (singular) smaller.

In no way should this game have been released in it's current state. Seriously just wait for the Day Z standalone release.
  97. Dec 19, 2012
    Its a scam everyone don't buy into it! Don't waste your hard earned money supporting the dev's known for the terrible, unplayable game "Big Rigs". Give actual deserving developers your money.
  98. Dec 19, 2012
    The WarZ. Atrocious, horrific (and as far as i'm concerned downright illegal) customer service coupled with a shoddy unfinished 'game'. Buy at your peril and do not give constructive criticism about the game or you may very well get banned, no matter how polite you give it.
  99. Dec 19, 2012
    A lot of people are looking forward to the dayz stand alone release so when they see Warz it may appear to be something to do in the mean time. Do not be fooled gamers! This game is asking you to pay for a terrible imitation that is worse than dayz in every single aspect. However the reason this game deserves the zero is because the devs out right lie about the content of the game as well as releasing screenshots that portray events that are impossible to come by. On top of these lies they have a micro transaction system that would have you pay large amounts of money for items that A:You loose on death, and B: Can find quite easily in the open. Simply avoid this train wreck of a piece of software that deserves nothing less than total removal from the steam shop and refunding provided to all the poor fools who purchased it. Expand

1. Mar 7, 2013
    Its mechanical foundation - like this Foundation Release - crumbles at the lightest touch. [March 2013, p.94]
  2. Feb 22, 2013
    The War Z has about as much value as its crappy in-game melee weaponry and that’s not much at all. At least it doesn’t cost anything to play after you buy it, and the cash shop items are fair enough, so you won’t see people running around with machine guns just because they spent money. If you’re going to give your money to a zombie-survival game, grab ArmA II and a copy of the DayZ mod, or wait for the full retail version of DayZ to arrive on digital store shelves and check that out. Do not buy into The War Z.
  3. Feb 5, 2013
    The War Z might use the same elements that make DayZ an enthralling experience. But it puts them together so halfheartedly that you have to turn away in disbelief.