1.7

Overwhelming dislike- based on 4021 Ratings

1. May 14, 2013
    bad game! looks like it's a copy job of dayz.
    they also have a lot of hackers and ban legit players.
    their support is extreme slow, if they respond at all
  2. May 30, 2013
    Going to the website of this game makes the game look amazing. But it's all a lie, none of the screenshots shown are actually of the game, the game actually looks terrible, with awkward character movements and glitchy zombies, this game has nothing good going on.

You start the game with a flashlight and some chips and stuff, so a basic melee weapon and energy/food, seems like a good start. But after you get killed by the spawn camper you have to wait hours to re-spawn. And then you don't get your flashlight and chips, you start with nothing.

So after the first few rounds of starting with nothing and then getting killed by campers or hackers, (most of the time you don't even get killed by zombies) you get really bored and really mad and quit the game.

Pros and Cons:

Pros:
    1: The occasional thrill of sneaking past zombies and actually finding something (but it is always ruined by someone who comes in out of nowhere and kills you)
    2: Uninstalling the game, that's the best part.

Cons:
    1: Glitchy zombies
    2: Suddenly getting killed by walking off of a rock less than a foot off the ground
    3: False advertizing.
    4: invisible walls
    5: 3 different zombie skins.
    6: "customizing" your character isn't customizing when you have 4 options to choose from

That's all I have time for, because it would take weeks to write down all the problems with this game.

I definitely wouldn't recommend this game to anyone.
  3. KD3
    May 31, 2013
    This is literally the worst game I have ever played. Do not buy this. Do not even look at it. It is extremely buggy and is full of hackers. The graphics are terrible and the textures will make you want to vomit. Overall a horrifyingly bad game. Stay well away from this one.
  4. Feb 12, 2013
    This is a parody of a game, nothing more. They betray the Gamers. Graphically dated, but still coherent. A bug hell, where is almost nothing except then cheater and kill players. Its boring to explore the only map. The game is not finished and untrustworthy behavior. It plays like an alpha. If you buy it through Steam, you can get a refund. Better wait for Day Z.
  5. Dec 23, 2012
    whats wrong with this game you ask, everything zombies are overpowered, the game is not finished, the person behind big rigs over the road racing made this, melee is broken, guns are almost impossible to find, there is not penalty for killing everyone, 4 hour re spawn times, in game items for cash, items go away after being killed,
  6. Feb 23, 2013
    Some people try to prove that this game is good, because they got wallet raped and they don't want to admit the mistake they have done. If you want to buy the game clearly check TotalBiscuit game play and check reviews of the game before buying it. The textures are ugly and so on. Unfinished game and for those that saying that the game is in alpha/beta The Game Is Already Charging Money!Some people try to prove that this game is good, because they got wallet raped and they don't want to admit the mistake they have done. If you want to buy the game clearly check TotalBiscuit game play and check reviews of the game before buying it. The textures are ugly and so on. Unfinished game and for those that saying that the game is in alpha/beta The Game Is Already Charging Money! Hell even you pay items that you can lose in few seconds. And for those stating that the game was in development 1/2/3 years, they are right because they already were working on a previous game called war inc that is f2p and a copy paste just without zombies. Terrible game, even devs ban people for scaring hackers away. Better get skyrim or something else for your money than this "game". Expand
  7. Feb 20, 2013
    really bad, blocky textures, rip off of dayz, the devs are a bunch of idiots. Do not purchase this game. Many features listed on Steam are completely missing. The price was reduced to less than $15 in order to squeeze as much money from the game before it dies. I repeat: do not purchase this game, you will not get what you think you are getting. Just look at the War Z forums to see the problems.
  8. Dec 29, 2012
    Worst game ever in the history of games. Worst game developers that have ever existed. The developers need to learn how to respect the customers and stop being arrogant losers. I read a couple interviews with the main dev guy Sergei something and he was the biggest douche ever. I am shocked that this game still exists. This game should be banned from ever coming into existence and theWorst game ever in the history of games. Worst game developers that have ever existed. The developers need to learn how to respect the customers and stop being arrogant losers. I read a couple interviews with the main dev guy Sergei something and he was the biggest douche ever. I am shocked that this game still exists. This game should be banned from ever coming into existence and the developers should learn how to respect the paying customer. I am appalled and never will buy this garbage game after seeing my room mate boot it up for the first time. What a piece of crap. Expand
  9. Feb 12, 2013
    Purchased on steam, tried and got killed 11 seconds in the game by spawn point campers. Tried another server got fragged down 23 seconds after by a flying player. Tried to say on the forums that the game seems honestly an alpha not even a beta, with cheaters all over, got banned from forums for trolling and bad mouthing the game. Want a good game? Wait for the Day z to be released or playPurchased on steam, tried and got killed 11 seconds in the game by spawn point campers. Tried another server got fragged down 23 seconds after by a flying player. Tried to say on the forums that the game seems honestly an alpha not even a beta, with cheaters all over, got banned from forums for trolling and bad mouthing the game. Want a good game? Wait for the Day z to be released or play the arma 2 mod, a lot better and enjoyable (and btw The War z was totally a rip off from that mod) Expand
  10. Feb 21, 2013
    Is hard to believe you have to pay for a game that is been realise in pre-alpha version, where hacker are the only ones that keep playing (or wasting time) on a broken game. Too many promises, bugs, miss features, that haven been lie or forgotten. The idea of the game is good, but the dream becomes a nightmare.
  11. Dec 19, 2012
    Don't buy this game, this is the biggest scam ever made, a cheap ripoff from DayZ and a huge cash grab with P2W.
    The devs shows no respect for the community and censor anyone who criticizes their game but they can't censor here.
    I have tested it and it was an absolute disaster, don't think i bought this on Steam because i didn't and i never will. Anyone wants to be famous like DayZ,

Anyone wants to be famous like DayZ, but that's something hard to accomplish, especially when you want people to pay for weapons, fast re-spawn and other things.
  12. Dec 19, 2012
    Dear Sirs and Ladies,

I am just a normal customer, so you could say, and I have purchased this game knowing that it would be in the state of an Alpha Phase. This was alright, because I thought I could trust my money and time to these new developers. I played, experienced and had my fun. There were many suggestions to be looked at, a truly colourful future to be had! I kept looking
    Dear Sirs and Ladies,

I kept looking and looking and did not find the weaponary or things that I would expect in the game, no problem I told myself. I could simply suggest it. An Archery range, bows, even fencing kevlar armor. Wouldn't that be fun I thought? That was a few weeks, maybe three ago. Because I was playing with friends, I decided to take a break after the wipe of characters, just fine.

Now I return, I see a gaming community in uproar, in outmost rage. I cannot help but to frown.. Something went wrong. I can see it shimmering in the distance, oh golden seduction. It is a rain of money upon the developers, blinding them from what is truly important.

The customers feel left alone in the dark, an apocalypse on their very game they wanted to love. Zombies, not in ragged clothes, but in business suits are gnawing on it's structure. This game, even if steam is slow, has been released within the blink of an eye as it seems.

This game, it was fun. I could run around, hacking, bashing, slashing through zombie hordes as if it was nothing, weird. My stomach would hurt.. Medicine would help, I mean who cares if the stomach shrinks down to the size of a peanut as long as you have antibiotics!..

Zombies that would follow me mindlessly, stacking on one another. Truly an amusing sight. And so easy to bash away too, with just an invincible, unwreckable hammer or even flashlight that would never break!

Water, there was plenty for some reason unknown to me. And binoculars? Of course! I had hundreds, so much to see!

...

My dear Developers,

What have you done? How could you? How dare you? Is nothing holy for you anymore?

These promises! Where are they? This is as if a bad joke just unfolded. The fooled ones are however those who actually wanted to support you!

I hope you have a merry christmas. Because I know what will land in my trash bin.

I am sorry game. But your makers have defiled you.

The game community cannot trust you anymore, dear developers and investors.

This is the undoing of a game that turned out to be a sad christmas story..

I hope you will be happy with the shiny things these people have given you to ruin this game.

Yours sincerely,

Edhmelus "L." Tharsonus.
  13. Jan 20, 2013
    I couldn't wait. I loved DayZ. This game dissapointed. It was a buggy rundown mess. I come to video games for fun. Not for a chore, this is a chore %99 **** %1 a bit of fun gameplay when it works. There is so many glitches, sometimes I can't see myself, enemys, other players, my weapon, the trees, the floor or everything. Sometimes zombies fly across like "SUPER PROJECTILE INCOMING"I couldn't wait. I loved DayZ. This game dissapointed. It was a buggy rundown mess. I come to video games for fun. Not for a chore, this is a chore %99 **** %1 a bit of fun gameplay when it works. There is so many glitches, sometimes I can't see myself, enemys, other players, my weapon, the trees, the floor or everything. Sometimes zombies fly across like "SUPER PROJECTILE INCOMING" sometimes I do that, sometimes the trees. Sometimes zombies look like humans, or trees like the floor, yeah you get the pattern here. I could press a button to pick something up and my character crouches. Then I do it again and I press the same button, and I pick it up -_-. Bad controls, lots of glitches, boring gameplay and a obviously rushed and made for money and to gain popularity. This earns 1/10, simply because there was that %1 of the game which lasted about 5 minutes where it worked. Expand
  14. Dec 19, 2012
    Purchased this game as well and within 5 hours, I was banned. Not for cheating in the game, but for stating my dislike on the steam community hub. I was banned. From the game. For saying something on the forums. So I'm currently seeking a refund with steam. What time I did get in was far from pleasant. It was laggy, had constant framerate drops [even at lowest settings, and I can play mostPurchased this game as well and within 5 hours, I was banned. Not for cheating in the game, but for stating my dislike on the steam community hub. I was banned. From the game. For saying something on the forums. So I'm currently seeking a refund with steam. What time I did get in was far from pleasant. It was laggy, had constant framerate drops [even at lowest settings, and I can play most modern day games just fine near max], the zombies are few and far between. Nearly all the features they promised were not in. I was scammed like thousands of others and tricked into playing this shoddy ripoff of Day Z. But to be honest, what else can you expect from the people that made the worst game in history ..Big Rigs. Expand
  15. Dec 18, 2012
    Not only is this game pushed to a Steam release despite being bad and unfinished, the developers have been becoming notorious for being dishonest about claims as well as going back on their word.

They said the game wouldn't ever be "pay to win", however their in game store sells ammo and weapon attachments and wants you to pay for clans with player amounts over 20. Their sales page has doctored screenshots showing things like drive-able vehicles which are in fact not in the game yet. They also recently changed the player respawn time after death from 1 hour to 4 hours, and within the same patch added "early respawn" if you pay real money.

This is basically a crappy Zygna-esque Facebook game that is wrapped up like a PC game.
  16. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is a blatant grab for cash. 4 hour respawns with a pay to respawn feature. There may be a good game hiding in there somewhere, but until this blatant money grabbing attitude displayed by the developers disappears, steer clear. The game is advertised as a full release, but there are key items (maps, character skills) still yet to make an appearance. Avoid at all costs.
  17. Dec 19, 2012
    This game was made by scam artist criminals. I bought this game and shortly after requested a refund on PayPal after realizing how utter terrible it was in every way. I lost my money and the devs banned my game account for trying to refund. FRAUDSTERS!
  18. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is full of bugs and doesn't deliver the promised content. If it was an Alpha then it would be understandable but when they are asking us $15 at Steam for it current content (not to mention false advertising) then I can only give it a 1 in 10. The worst $15 I have ever spent.
  19. Dec 26, 2012
    The War Z is one of the biggest failures in gaming history. There is ZERO REDEEMING QUALITIES about this hunk of garbage, not to even mention the poor support from Hammerstein Studios. The company has literally been caught lying and cheating the public and now faces criminal prosecution from the American government. Syrup or jelly Sergey?
  20. Dec 18, 2012
    Game is one step short of extortion...built solely to lure people in with hype and suck their wallets dry with micro-transactions for items you lose the second you die...or to revive your character before the FOUR HOUR downtime if your character is killed. Game looks completely unfinished and plays like a bad joke. Sound and texture are both below previous CONSOLE levels (meaning the PS2Game is one step short of extortion...built solely to lure people in with hype and suck their wallets dry with micro-transactions for items you lose the second you die...or to revive your character before the FOUR HOUR downtime if your character is killed. Game looks completely unfinished and plays like a bad joke. Sound and texture are both below previous CONSOLE levels (meaning the PS2 had better looking and better sounding games than WarZ turned out to be). Just really, really bad. Spend the $15 somewhere else...this will quickly fall into the shadowy realm of forgotten Steam games...unfortunately, your money will never come back.

Finally, DO NOT support game developers that do not respect you. This game is a blatant show of disrespect to all gamers unfortunate enough to purchase it. It is a slap right in the face. DON'T support people like that. Find the true indy game developers out there trying to make a good game that people will ENJOY...not just something that will line their pockets...and support them instead.
  21. Dec 18, 2012
    1 point for having a go at making a game.

Its not a MMO, or a Zombie Survival Game. But really a PvP game (and not a good one at that). Very little has been implemented. Hackers are everywhere. Barely even an Alpha (no where near a beta standard). Forums were hacked with NO backups made previously. The community lost a lot of very useful information for new players, that many
    1 point for having a go at making a game.

Very little has been implemented. Hackers are everywhere.

Barely even an Alpha (no where near a beta standard).
    Forums were hacked with NO backups made previously. The community lost a lot of very useful information for new players, that many people had put hours and hours of effort in to make.

If you say the wrong thing you will be banned from the game forums. Abusive dev team (one guy in particular).

There is a chance that major rework of most of the game could make it somewhere near what was advertised, and what many of us bought the game for.
    But the recent actions by the developers are pushing further and further away from this.

Better off to buy an ice cream. More enjoyment for a longer period.

If you are still not sure....go watch some game play videos (don't look at images as they are doctored to look better), read the steam and game forums.
  22. Dec 18, 2012
    Piss poor Zombie AI
    No survival aspects
    Pay-to-win
    Shoddy, unprofessional company
    Forums are more censored than North Korean media
    Terrible gameplay
    Terrible visuals
    FOV gave me motion sickness.
    Choppy combat and movement

Your game is bad and you should feel bad.
  23. Dec 19, 2012
    Ok, so got this on the steam sale. I am an experienced gamer. developer and Software tester. From my first tests to my last. This has been an horrifying experience. This is by far the worst title I have looked at in 2012. Nothing more than a money making scam on a broken game.
  24. Dec 19, 2012
    Biggest scam ever on Steam, they sell an alpha and the store page talk about features not available yet.
    Maybe in 1 year of development this will get somewhere but do not buy it now.
  25. Dec 18, 2012
    Meecrob. That's the only world that properly describes this game. Most people are already aware how much of a terrible rip-off this game is, as it does not deliver on any of it's promises.
  26. Dec 18, 2012
    Poorly made rip off of Dayz. Most stated features are broken on non-existent. the single map is maybe 100 km, there are no private servers. even setting up a clan costs real money. The screen shots on steam are staged, there are no zombie hordes only a few here and there with no AI, This game was just a quick mod to the War inc engine to cash in on the popularity of Dayz, the game wasPoorly made rip off of Dayz. Most stated features are broken on non-existent. the single map is maybe 100 km, there are no private servers. even setting up a clan costs real money. The screen shots on steam are staged, there are no zombie hordes only a few here and there with no AI, This game was just a quick mod to the War inc engine to cash in on the popularity of Dayz, the game was rushed and it shows. There is really no point to playing this game, as a result all players have nothing left to do but sit around and camp waiting for someone to walk by so they can shoot them. I don't think this development company could make the game they say they wanted to make (which was just a laundry list of Dayz features). They seem very unprofessional and maybe a little shady. You are better off waiting for Dayz standalone or if you can't wait buy the Arma 2 pack off steam and get the Dayz mod for it. There will be a lot of fanboiz posting on here giving it 10/10, but this game is garbage and will not likely improve. Expand
  27. Dec 18, 2012
    If you are going to blatantly rip off a competitors title, at least do it right. Graphics are horrid, gameplay is broken and there is no intentions of fixing any of this other than broken promises. Hammerpoint Interactive had a failed title called War Inc. The game was doing terrible because the developers behind the game where terrible at their job. Dayz comes onto the scene and blows theIf you are going to blatantly rip off a competitors title, at least do it right. Graphics are horrid, gameplay is broken and there is no intentions of fixing any of this other than broken promises. Hammerpoint Interactive had a failed title called War Inc. The game was doing terrible because the developers behind the game where terrible at their job. Dayz comes onto the scene and blows the doors off. Hammerpoint see's an opportunity and reskins their game (War Inc.) and throws it out there as a zombie survival game. Same awful graphics, gameplay, bugs, hackers, etc as War inc.

War Inc. was a Free 2 Play game. With The War Z they slapped a sticker price to the game as well as keeping the existing cash shop from War Inc. in the game as a way to grow revenue. They knew that DayZ was hot and that if they copied Dayz that people would pay money to play their game. There was no reason to go Free 2 Play in order to attract a crowd, Dayz had already created it!

Their cash grab technique, lies about in game feature and their lies about the game being in development for 3 years is just utter ****

People naive enough to buy their game and report bugs in the forums got banned. Players trying to play legit got hacked on by devs and their friends who would use developer tools to spawn in items.

This game just stinks of ****
  28. Dec 18, 2012
    The game is a rushed DayZ ripoff, that promised more and delivered less. Also Its pretty lame that the lead dev started a post in the WarZ forums for players to come on here and rate the game. That's how I got here.
  29. Dec 18, 2012
    One of the biggest lies in history of games. A re-skinned game from the producers of Big Rig Racing (the worst game in human history - search). It is based on popular name (DayZ) and tries to milk in as much cash as possible until people figure it out. It is unfinished, has fake screenshots, fake movies, similar name for confusion, copy-pasted ToS from League of Legends, censored forums,One of the biggest lies in history of games. A re-skinned game from the producers of Big Rig Racing (the worst game in human history - search). It is based on popular name (DayZ) and tries to milk in as much cash as possible until people figure it out. It is unfinished, has fake screenshots, fake movies, similar name for confusion, copy-pasted ToS from League of Legends, censored forums, no refunds policy (illegal), random bans ingame, forces people to give high ratings on metacritic (that's why the max positive ones). Changed prices (lowered them so old users from alpha are screwed and have nothing extra), uses real money for everything ingame (respawn even!), has only 1 map and that is plain boring with nothing on it. This is not about the money anymore. Please don't spend even one cent and spread word so people don't fall into a trap like this and make PC gaming industry a cleaner one. Don't encourage this type of behavior if you want better games in future. Expand
  30. Dec 18, 2012
    There is something truly evil about a video game developer that lies to people and spits in the face of it's community. From the start they were deceitful claiming they had the idea for a zombie survival game before DayZ...yeah that's like me saying I had the Idea for a zombie game when I was 10. Noone cares until someone comes along and does it. DayZ did it first, and did it best. ThisThere is something truly evil about a video game developer that lies to people and spits in the face of it's community. From the start they were deceitful claiming they had the idea for a zombie survival game before DayZ...yeah that's like me saying I had the Idea for a zombie game when I was 10. Noone cares until someone comes along and does it. DayZ did it first, and did it best. This game WarZ, well I don't call it a game, it's more of a scam actually. So this scam that is the WarZ has basically tried to twist people into believing they have been developing the game for a few years. The truth is they had developed a rather crappy game called War Inc a few years ago, and when DayZ became popular they thought that they could cash in on the zombie survival phenomenon using their already existing engine. So by them stating the game was in development for years is basically them saying they had the engine done years ago and insulting anyone with a brain because it's easy to see this is just the same engine War Inc runs on....with zombies thrown in and the map stretched out with a bit of poor coding. I would guess the game has actually only been in development from about 6 months before this initial release. After playing the alpha it was clear they had made this mess of a game with the intent to rush it out as quickly as possible and to take as much money from people as quickly as possible. With the whole micro transaction one of the "key features" more implemented than actual zombie coding and bug fixes. Plus the whole idea of micro transactions defeats the purpose of a zombie survival game. How stupid is it to be able to buy things to help you survive an apocalypse before you even jump into it? And then if you die while carrying those items oh too bad you gotta go buy some more. It's easy to deduce very quickly this is a scam for your cash rather than a game developed for the love of the game.

Maybe they should actually try and fix the giant amount of bugs in the game one of the main bugs being zombies still horribly coded. Some zombies still stand there doing nothing and some with kill you from 2 meters away. And you can't kill them without aiming for their heads so you can sit there hitting them 1000 times with a baseball bat having no effect. Besides why would you risk engaging a zombie with melee when they can seriously kill you in just a couple of their invisible strike attacks? To make matters worth the game is over run with more hackers than DayZ ever had, as the game is aimed at children and we all know children love to use hacks because the youth in today's society has no skill when it comes to playing video games.

The game is now released on steam and is pretty much lacking 90% of teh features they have promised. They promised 100 player servers...so far this is just half that. They said 200km of open world yet the map is maybe 70km at best and seems more like a long stretch of road than a true open world. There are no private servers. No hardcore mode and numerous promised features that will be along way off being implemented. It's more like they have "ideas" which they think they can make into the game but are really pulling straws trying to actually implement them into the game design.

The worst part is their customer support. Anyone with anything bad to say on the forum is banned. Anyone who they just dislike on the game regarding behaviour or if they just think you are hacking or even if they think your name is offensive...they ban you. No reasoning. No mercy. They quickly try and ban as many people they can thinking you will go and buy another copy to give them more money. This has done more damage than they realise since the testimony of the community who have actually given this company their hard earn dollars has been mostly negative with the few fanboys who try to cling onto what is the biggest pile of crap in gaming of 2012. Do yourself a favour and go play the DayZ mod. And when the full standalone of DayZ is released you will never ever look back at this trash of a game that will never be DayZ as you can't really compare Gold with a Brown piece of turd can you?
  31. Dec 19, 2012
    Best game ever made! And its made by the same guy that made big rigs(one of the worst games of all time)!! That means WarZ should be GREAT!! **** THIS PIECE OF **** TURD **** WARZ ****ING SCAM **** BOTH GAMES RELEASED IN ALPHA SERGEY TITOV BEST GAME DEVELOPER EVER
  32. Dec 19, 2012
    Don't was your time and money on these con-artists, they will ban your account for 'hacking' even though you're a legit player, the reason behind it? If you clock a lot of hours and enjoy the game they will figure you will re-buy the game cause it doesn't cost much and you enjoy the game, what a joke STEER CLEAR!
  33. Dec 18, 2012
    Hammerpoint Studios ruins this game, and mars the entire genre of survival horror with this cheap rip-off of DayZ. Whether it's by spawning special items for a select few they call friends, or by falsely advertising their game on Steam in order to generate sales, any good about this game is over-shadowed by the company that created The War Z.

I don't expect you to take me at my word,

I don't expect you to take me at my word, would you read a review that had nothing good to say about a game? Instead, I'll link you to articles written by Gamespy, Kotaku, and Destructoid that call out the producer of this game---Sergey Titov---and do it in a better way than I ever could.

Gamespy Interview with Sergey Titov: http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-war-z/1226980p1.html

Kotaku Interview: http://kotaku.com/5969504/fans-rage-over-war-zs-misleading-steam-description-but-devs-say-93-of-our-customers-like-the-game?tag=pc

Destructoid Interview: http://www.destructoid.com/the-war-z-launches-on-steam-amid-accusations-of-fraud-240814.phtml

However you feel about the gameplay, I find it clunky, laggy, and cheap(I mean, how do I lose half of my health while WALKING down a hill?), there is no way you can justify the actions of Hammerpoint Studios.

This game is very clearly being advertised as a finished product when it is anything but. It copies everything from the studios previous game, War Inc, and does absolutely nothing new while claiming that it does.

Buyer beware. Don't waste your money on this travesty of a game.
  34. Dec 19, 2012
    Horrible scam of a game! not at all what the steam info card tells you. Admins ban you if you say anything that doesn't praise the game. + the fact you loose the weapons and gear YOU BUY with real money if you die.
  35. Dec 19, 2012
    The game itself is good. I love running around, avoiding people as much as possible and just minding my own business. Most of the time this works really well but now and then a cheater will get you. Cheaters are the worst problem of this game right now when it comes to gameplay.
    BUT the real problem and the reason why this game will die soon are the developers who (in my opinion) refuse to implement a real anti cheat solution as they have no means to automatically ban cheaters. They also lie to their players whenever possible, just look at the steam description, almost nothing is true there. most player models and weapons have been copied from war inc 1:1. look at screenshots of war inc and then look at warz ones. you will find many models that are exactly the same.
    oh yeah and another thing is that they try to charge you for ridiculous things. want to revive your character without waiting 4 hours? just pay 50gc (~$0.40).
    want to get rid of the horrible iron sights? pay 450gc for a cobra sight or 90gc for a red dot.
    they say you can find those items ingame but i have played for a good month without ever hearing about anyone finding these items anywhere. they get it from other players who obviously bought them but thats it.
    so basically you buy a game with free-to-play microtransactions in which cheaters are almost everywhere around cities or points of interest.
    i like this game because its really entertaining but the devs will destroy it with their
  36. Dec 19, 2012
    Once you get the hang of the game, it becomes quite entertaining. You get to kill many people first person shooter style and you have all the same kind of experiences you would playing BF3 or COD. However, the game is riddled with bugs and unavailable features. The developers are probably going to look at their score and immediately think.. "DAYZ FANBOYS ATTACKED" or somethign alongOnce you get the hang of the game, it becomes quite entertaining. You get to kill many people first person shooter style and you have all the same kind of experiences you would playing BF3 or COD. However, the game is riddled with bugs and unavailable features. The developers are probably going to look at their score and immediately think.. "DAYZ FANBOYS ATTACKED" or somethign along that line like they have done before... But seriously, look into your soul and quit being so damn shady. There are so many sarcastic things they do in response to the criticism they receive (which they absolutely deserve). For instance, the build was changed 12/18/12 to v.0.9.9 to avoid it being called what it was before: v.1.0.0. They also have these terrible surveys, and they pull percentages from who knows where. This is besides the matter of the game, but one of the BIGGEST reasons why you shouldn't buy it. "well it's only $15, you are ******* cheap" $15 times hundreds of thousands of sales = big money. It needs to be earned legit Expand
  37. Dec 22, 2012
    I saw someone on Twitch.tv playing this, being a fan of Dayz I thought it looked interesting. Paid the whopping 25 bucks to join, after downloading it (which was fast, it wasn't on Steam yet I was pleased). I began to play. To start off, the game doesn't really help you much, and by much, I mean the first time I died (45 seconds into spawning in a forest someone shot me) I sat there forI saw someone on Twitch.tv playing this, being a fan of Dayz I thought it looked interesting. Paid the whopping 25 bucks to join, after downloading it (which was fast, it wasn't on Steam yet I was pleased). I began to play. To start off, the game doesn't really help you much, and by much, I mean the first time I died (45 seconds into spawning in a forest someone shot me) I sat there for minutes trying to find out how exactly to create another character. Frustrated, I tried again. Again, I was killed no more than a minute after spawning. Someone in chat said there was a 'hacker', I sighed to myself and found another server. After finding one that didn't have hackers on it (which was four) I got to actually PLAY the game. The textures are lackluster, the polygon shaped terrain is from 2003. I'm not joking, go look at Wolfenstein:Enemy Territory and compare, you'll be shocked. Yet the game takes as much processing power as Battlefield 3 for me, shoddy design. I waved the game off as a Dayz clone when I heard of it, and I wasn't too far off. Instead of attempting something new, they are taking the Dayz model and Charging you for it. Not to mention they stole artistic property from a certain popular Zombie series currently on the air. (http://www.complex.com/video-games/2012/12/the-war-z-devs-stole-images-from-the-walking-dead-others) As for the gameplay, the zombies will see you from far away, but if you get behind something IE a counter that they can't find a path through they will completely forget you and walk away. For a game that wanted to immerse you, it doesn't do a very good job at it. They are very few buildings you can actually enter. As for good points, the Gun play was average, it was more than likely the best part of the game, which is sad because, good luck finding a gun before you die. Please don't make a mistake like I did, SAVE YOUR MONEY. Expand
  38. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is a scam. Most of the marketing claims are lies, and the small amount of game left is a greedy money grab at best. The developers are taking advantage of the players and have recently shut down the entire patch notes section of the WarZ forum due to the idea to increase the respawn clock to 4 hours and charge the players real money if they do not want to wait. Not only are theThis game is a scam. Most of the marketing claims are lies, and the small amount of game left is a greedy money grab at best. The developers are taking advantage of the players and have recently shut down the entire patch notes section of the WarZ forum due to the idea to increase the respawn clock to 4 hours and charge the players real money if they do not want to wait. Not only are the developers being dishonest, they are actually breaking the law by stating in the TOS that you cannot get refunds while using false advertising. Once you get past the illegal cash grab, you find a terrible game that looks suspiciously like it has been thrown together in the time since DayZ became popular. The game is buggy, ugly, incomplete, and (and, at the time of this review) illegal.
    If you are going to rip off a popular title, at least do it right. Please do not support these lying developers.
  39. Dec 18, 2012
    Quick Review of this Company:

1. Does not listen to community at all.
    2. Told early adopters they would pay lowest price then cut the price in half.
    3. Is now Pay to Play after todays update.
    4. Promised private servers first, now not coming till next year.

The biggest problem.....
    HACKERS GALORE

Do not buy simple as that. Wait for DayZ Standalone or some other solution.
  40. Dec 18, 2012
    Oh boy where do I start... I'll keep this short and simple, the developers of this game deserve to be thrown in jail for the amount of false advertising they are putting up for this game, STEAM should be ashamed for not doing any research whatsoever on the games they put up for sale, last thing I want to say is even without all the false advertising, broken promises, horrible developersOh boy where do I start... I'll keep this short and simple, the developers of this game deserve to be thrown in jail for the amount of false advertising they are putting up for this game, STEAM should be ashamed for not doing any research whatsoever on the games they put up for sale, last thing I want to say is even without all the false advertising, broken promises, horrible developers this game is awful, the game is horribly boring, runs awful on any pc, looks like something from 2003, hackers are everywhere with no anti-cheat as far as I can tell, awful pay2win marketplace.

I look for the developers to cash out and close up shop as soon as they can, maybe couple months? Won't take long because the word is out just how bad this game is.
  41. Dec 18, 2012
    Awful developers, never release what they promise, extremely shady. Do not buy The game is terrible, its pay to win and the items you buy can go away so quickly.
  42. Dec 18, 2012
    If you really like Pay 2 Win games, THIS IS THE TITLE FOR YOU! Every aspect of this game has been carefully crafted to maximize profits and for a low price you can experience it for yourself! This "foundation" release is superior to all other games when it comes to min-maxing profits so don't miss your chance to buy it today before the shell company that produced it vanishes into thin air.
  43. Dec 18, 2012
    I pre ordered this game on Oc 3rd, Day 1 for $50 in order to support these devs because they promised an amazing open world game with vehicles, clans, amazing zombie AI, graphics. They showed awesome 'in game" footage and "screenshots" that at release are NOTHING LIKE THE GAME. They have broken 90% of their pormises. They are selling the game for less than the initial $50 preorder whichI pre ordered this game on Oc 3rd, Day 1 for $50 in order to support these devs because they promised an amazing open world game with vehicles, clans, amazing zombie AI, graphics. They showed awesome 'in game" footage and "screenshots" that at release are NOTHING LIKE THE GAME. They have broken 90% of their pormises. They are selling the game for less than the initial $50 preorder which they promised they would not do. They lie on the Steam page. They lie on the forums. For a complete list of LIES from this developer please visit http://warzscam.tumblr.com/ Expand
  44. Dec 18, 2012
    I am ashamed to admit that i bought the legendary status for this game, and since the 1st 2 weeks of it being out i've been trying to get a refund for this piece of **** but to no avail. Apparently if you hate a game within an hour its fine, but if you give it a shot and try to look past its terribleness then you've invested in it completely. This game is just completely terrible, its notI am ashamed to admit that i bought the legendary status for this game, and since the 1st 2 weeks of it being out i've been trying to get a refund for this piece of **** but to no avail. Apparently if you hate a game within an hour its fine, but if you give it a shot and try to look past its terribleness then you've invested in it completely. This game is just completely terrible, its not fun or anything, the zombies are useless, and there are rampant hackers (how about that better anti-hack than dayz ehh?) The animations look like playstation 1 **** and so do the graphics, the character models might be around playstation 2 level. This game is just trash. Expand
  45. Dec 27, 2012
    Thank goodness Steam gives refunds. This game is so bad it should be a crime to charge money for it. I didn't know anything about the game or the developer before I bought it but I will now be doing more research before putting money down for any games on Steam. None of the features originally listed at steam were true and Valve ended up pulling the game off their service because it'sThank goodness Steam gives refunds. This game is so bad it should be a crime to charge money for it. I didn't know anything about the game or the developer before I bought it but I will now be doing more research before putting money down for any games on Steam. None of the features originally listed at steam were true and Valve ended up pulling the game off their service because it's nothing but a scam.

The graphics are bad, the sound is bad and the even the bugs have bugs. This is nothing but a quick cash grab by people trying to make a buck based on the popularity of another zombie game. I seriously hope the developers go bankrupt and never work in gaming again.
  46. Jan 9, 2013
  47. Dec 18, 2012
    Pre-Ordered this game as soon it was possible. Got my Legendary Pack. The game isn't ready for release. The was NEVER ready for release. And they released it. It has the potential to be a good game, but it's not because the devs are greedy and just want to cash in. Everything in the game seems badly done and simply rushed. Textures are bad, the game looks like crap and yet it's so badlyPre-Ordered this game as soon it was possible. Got my Legendary Pack. The game isn't ready for release. The was NEVER ready for release. And they released it. It has the potential to be a good game, but it's not because the devs are greedy and just want to cash in. Everything in the game seems badly done and simply rushed. Textures are bad, the game looks like crap and yet it's so badly optimized that even high end computers have problems running it. Most features that were promised aren't even ingame for testing yet. In short: A huge case of false advertisement. Stay way from this game. Expand
  48. Dec 19, 2012
    1- Poor community in-game
    2- They push back basic features, and they did it many times
    3- Purchase the game on steam for as cheap as the packages that were not available anymore 4- Hackers (less, but still) 5- Lack of significant patches (not many items are actually implanted) 6- Very hard to play by yourself (the way the game is made) 7- The map is stunningly smaller than it was
    1- Poor community in-game
    2- They push back basic features, and they did it many times
    4- Hackers (less, but still)
    5- Lack of significant patches (not many items are actually implanted)
    6- Very hard to play by yourself (the way the game is made)
    7- The map is stunningly smaller than it was announced to be
  49. Dec 19, 2012
    crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappycrappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game crappy game Expand
  50. Dec 19, 2012
    Based on Sergeys' past games this is no surprise a flop. Big Rigs even seems to have a better metacritic rating atm.

The graphics in the game are quite awful, with 2D sprites being used for trees (not even LOD) and terrain textures stretched out the ass. The zombies are not that good either, but who really cares for the zombies in this game as you are more likely to be killed by a player. This game is more of a PVP-fest than anything, even with the recent increase in zombies it does nothing to sway the balance of being killed by another player.

Sounds: The sounds on the game sound like they were made in 2 minutes, along with the animations. There are sounds of birds tweeting, but even at night and it doesn't have much variety. Jumping has a sound associated with it that sounds more like a seal trying to orgasm.

Animations: Penis walking.... When you prone and zoom in the player will appear as if they are walking on their penis rather than sitting still. Other animations are not much of an improvement either, zombies attempt to hug you from the looks of their animation.

AI: As we all know AI is dumb, but it appears that zombies are the most stupid, with them being able to loose the tracking of a player when they jump on top of static meshes such as cars. Then when you actually do decide to fight the zombie(s) then all you need to do it strafe to not be hit or just keep hitting them. Ends up feeling like whack-a-mole.

Hackers: All games have them, but boy does this game have them. A recent anti-hack update was just to place items shoddily in walls in the aim that only people noclipping got them. But players were able to reach 4m to pick-up loot and through walls, so it lead to a lot of people being banned. Despite this Sergey said all bans had been double checked and there was no way the items could have been gotten via legit means. Despite this 'ban wave' any actual cheat was affected. Community: Not smart at all, though I do have to say that it has improved a little over the past week. The forums have people barely speaking English at times and any complains about the game are dealt with either a ban or a deletion, even the bug reports that are non critical. When creating a new account to find why you received a forum ban you are then banned for circumventing a prior forum ban (go figure...).

Development: With updates being often the game seems to have made very little progress, with promises of features constantly being pushed back and Sergey apparently having no knowledge of what his team does or any of the criticism they receive. Kewk decides to to treat users in pretty awful ways both in-game and on the forums, when there was much hatred for players being killed upon spawning he decided to still shoot and kill them. When there were issues of a recent ban wave needing to be addressed he closed and deleted threads and banned users because the game could never be wrong.

Ignorance must be bliss: "4) What's about all that hate toward The War Z ?
    Okay I can say "I don't know' and I'll be right"
  51. Dec 19, 2012
    Stay veryyyyyy far away from this so called "game". It is basically false advertising to a T, and I had a hard time getting my money back.

This will probably be outed for what it really is very soon.
  52. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is horrible, the graphics I have not seen as bad since playstation.

Graphics aside its a stupid game if you die it takes four hours to respawn. Who thought that was a good idea? This game should be free 2 play but it is a pay to play game, you ahve to buy the game and the only way to play it once you buy it is to keep paying to respawn since 9 times out of 10 you will die
    This game is horrible, the graphics I have not seen as bad since playstation.

Graphics aside its a stupid game if you die it takes four hours to respawn.
    Who thought that was a good idea?

This game should be free 2 play but it is a pay to play game, you ahve to buy the game and the only way to play it once you buy it is to keep paying to respawn since 9 times out of 10 you will die out of spawn in under 2 minutes.
  53. Dec 19, 2012
    The creator of this game is currently begging his users to vote for this game so they can squeeze as much money as possible before they dump the game in 6 months. They have already told staff once the money flow slows down they will then drop support for the game. The game is not even past beta and they have already setup a a date for which they are dropping support. Do not buy this gameThe creator of this game is currently begging his users to vote for this game so they can squeeze as much money as possible before they dump the game in 6 months. They have already told staff once the money flow slows down they will then drop support for the game. The game is not even past beta and they have already setup a a date for which they are dropping support. Do not buy this game as they are currently breaking the law forcing you to sign a TOS which means you can't get a refund. They did this because everyone wanted a refund on the game because it was a direct port over from Warz engine and they quickly added some terrible textures. - The game has horrible textures even on the highest settings.

- The game is Pay to win meaning even though you paid for this garbage game they still want you to pay for things like instant revival on your character.

- The devs on the steam forums, warz subreddit and the forums censor it removing any negative posts. - sergeytitov the main dev is begging people to give this game a higher score because of how bad it is.

Stay away from this game!
  54. Dec 19, 2012
    They asked for money for great deals , I though I was getting a great deal .

They said the game was $30 but I could get it for $20 since it was still in alpha !!! Then it was on $13 on steam on release, and since then they only unlocked the map ... nothing more happened.
  55. Jan 2, 2013
    I'm actually going to try and just list facts and be as unbiased as I can when I write this review,.

In a pre release interview to GamerPlatoon, Sergey talks about the features of his upcoming Alpha which is set to be released soon. What's worth noting his how he talks about his ant hack system and direct quote "Our next step was to create early detection system - system that will allow us to detect if certain types of hacks are used and to automatically ban players who're using hacks or cheat programs. As of today this detection system is able to detect roughly 99% of all hack attempts and either will ban users automatically and kick them from server"

So a few months down the line after the game has been through Alpha/Beta and pushed as a retail ready game under the title of foundation release. How are things looking? Well hacking is probably the most pressing concern of right now, you only have to go on you tube to see the amount of hacks available and currently in use. The fact that Kewk openly admitted hackers only got banned after video evidence was produced.. makes you think the anti cheat system they claimed to have simply wasnt working as claimed.

Promised features. Despite receiving $4 million in funding from Arktos entertainment and being in development for two years as claimed by the devs. The game launched into Alpha with hardly any of it's features implemented, not even the map was complete. Out of the list of many features which include skills tree's and vehicles, only clans had been implemented so far. And even that did not go without a hitch. When released despite being promised as a core feature and the promise of no hidden fee's, players initially had to purchase the right to even start a clan. However after severe backlash they dd reverse the decision. It might not be pay to win, but it is pay to play with a feature you were promised from the start ad yet another example of Hammerpoint fialing to live up to it's word.

This is far from the only controversial move by the company though. Despite an already lackluster release onto steam which in the end led to Steam taking the game down of it's store page. Steam on the issue said "We apologize for this and have temporary removed the sale offering of the title until we have time to work with the developer and have confidence in a new build" Many steam users cited that the game advertised many things as existing features such as Private servers, that actualy were not in game yet and still are not as of me writing this review. It looks like many features will be pushed back further due to the hacking issue. On the hacking issue it's worth noting that the hackers have managed to implement a friend feature, something the devs have been unable to do themselves as a core feature so far.

Staying on a similar theme and to touch on graphics, another complaint often voiced is that the screenshots are misleading and not actually in game footage. RussianKalibre/RomanS the lead Art developer has stated this is simply because the game despite being in foundation release, is not yet fully optimized. These screenshos do in fact display areas which did not even make it to the full game but quote "Just too cool of an idea not to take a screenshot of" They also include features which are not implemented yet such as a car being driven, zombies eating bodies. No where did it state or notify that these were from a different build or staged.

In the light of all this you would think the devs would keep there heads down and avoid causing any more disruption to the community? Well right about the time of steam release, they upped the revival time from 1 hour to 4 hours,and placed a link to a micro transaction feature where players could revive instantly if they parted with cash for in game currency.

I could go on and on, I havnt really touched on the actual feel of the game play, or many game mechanics. But there is not actually much to do In game currently apart from salvage items and engage in PvP. And currently you can;t do that without hackers being a big risk. Hackers have even managed to find a way to kill people in safe zones now, an area were it's not even meant to be possible to engage in combat.

But yeah these are the sort of issues which this dev team faces and seems to create, for itself. The game is about 35% complete despite being released and out of Alpha/beta testing, and the only thing players can do is hope the features are released to a satisfactory level and within a reasonable time frame, but the devs inability and general attitude (The lead Dev has called it's player base homosexual slurs for engaging in sniping) then looking at their track record, it doesn't look good. I have tried to stick to facts, but my opinion is this game will be abandoned before long just like War Inc was by them previously. I would avoid this game by miles.
  56. Jan 1, 2013
    This is, without a doubt, one of the WORST GAMES I'VE EVER PLAYED! The textures are repugnant, the weapons are scarce and practically non-existant, and the animation is just pathetic. The in-game market place is worthless, they expect you to pay money for this? Good Lord! It's obviously unfinished, they just rushed this out because it was a hot topic because of the Day Z. This is aThis is, without a doubt, one of the WORST GAMES I'VE EVER PLAYED! The textures are repugnant, the weapons are scarce and practically non-existant, and the animation is just pathetic. The in-game market place is worthless, they expect you to pay money for this? Good Lord! It's obviously unfinished, they just rushed this out because it was a hot topic because of the Day Z. This is a disgrace to gaming everywhere, and the censorship and the mass banning on the forums I've heard of doesn't help their case. Shame on you, Hammerpoint. DON'T BUY THIS PIECE OF CRAP!!! Expand
  57. Dec 18, 2012
    BAN WAR z OF STEAM (petition) http://www.change.org/petitions/valve-corporation-remove-warz-from-the-steam-market-pending-further-investigation

PLZ REPOST!
  58. Dec 18, 2012
    Quite honestly the most unpolished and unplayable game I've ever tried. Stay as far away from this game as you would if someone was actually infected.
  59. Dec 18, 2012
    This is the worst game I have ever played. The mechanics need a total revamp, the graphics are horrible, and you run around for 30 mins to get to a location just to be killed by another player that was lucky enough to find a weapon, or a zombie that is 15 feet away and swipes at air and you die. There is a four hour cooldown if you are killed so you cannot even get into a groove whenThis is the worst game I have ever played. The mechanics need a total revamp, the graphics are horrible, and you run around for 30 mins to get to a location just to be killed by another player that was lucky enough to find a weapon, or a zombie that is 15 feet away and swipes at air and you die. There is a four hour cooldown if you are killed so you cannot even get into a groove when playing. This is the only game I have ever heard of where you spend your own cash for in game items, and loose the items when you die. This is obviously just a scheme to make bucks off of people while they can. Expand
  60. Dec 19, 2012
    I bought (yes, I like everyone else, paid money for this game) War Z due to the promise of a released MMO in a post-apocalyptic world with zombie invasion, what I got was a joke:
    - Alpha status (ground structure is there, but thats it) - It IS Alpha/Technical Demo, other companies/indies use this state of the game to go to Kickstarter, 2 years later a proper product would be released with features that work!
    - No real MMO (sorry guys, 50/100 is NOT massive - having hundreds of shards of 50-100 is also not massive)
    - Many basic functionalities not yet implemented (tutorial, skill system, quests, swimming, fighting with fists/feet, anything to keep the player there)
    - Already has a real-cash market? Wow...just wow...alpha status and already making it pay2play/win...go to kickstarter and get your sponsors there!
    - No advanced functionalities (vehicles, clans)
    - Clipping in terrain (didnt you just cleanup the terrain? lol)
    - After 10 deaths, no more starter gear? Gee...since I cant fight with my bare hands, its all a matter of luck to find a weapon vs. zombies and hopefully im lucky not be killed by another player with a flashlight!
    - Sandbox? lol...time to have a look at what a real sandbox means guys. In a sandbox environment, I would rip a branch off a tree, sharpen it with a few stones and then i would have a very crude weapon (better than nothing). I could find nails and make my own nailbat, I could find string/vines and add a rock to my spear to make a hammer, rip out the damn barstools in the resturant and use that as a damn weapon!
    - Loads of houses, but only a small fraction can be entered? Lazy or maybe just ALPHA and unfinished?
    - Decorations? So you can go into houses...but why is almost every house/building empty? Sure, people used it but debris should still be a minimum to create a proper atmosphere.
    - FALL DAMAGE after 1m? *cry*
    - 4h respawn timer? I think i dont need to comment this, do I?
    - Griefers - *sigh* how I hate loosing everything, but I guess thats survival and **** happens"
    - Armour helps jack at the moment

Lets look directly at your website:
    "New generation MMO" - Uhm, no its not, its still a normal game with a payshop...
    "AAA Graphics" - nope, with all that clipping and horrible textures...
    "Huge persistant world" - yup, no lie here, it is really huge and takes very VERY long to run anywhere (semi-boring guys)
    "Create your own survival experience by selecting one of the available characters, customizing them and helping them" - Um, I can only select 1 character, "customization" = a few heads and clothes?
    "Gain experience and spend it to learn dozens of available skills in this Zombie Game" - Dozens of available skills? reaalllly? where?

So basically, 4 out of 5 things are a lie. I bought the game in hopes of a real sandbox in zombie fashion, with neat "skills"/attributes that increase while I play (run longer and faster would be a nice start)

What has been done right(ish)?
    - Zombie AI/Sneaking works not too bad once you get used to it. It IS possible to sneak around the zombies if you know how.
    - No lag on the servers, well done on this
    - Global Inventory - good idea. even if its seriously irritating having to run 20-30min to a safe spot and then log out, it does work. Pity it doesnt work at the post offices as mentioned on the survivor screen
    - Day/Night cycle - I actually love this, even if I dont have a flashlight anymore due to dying too many times, but still, this works wonders for atmosphere and night time can be seriously scary

Seriously, this IS a Alpha/very early Beta (I have been playing alphas/betas for over 15 years now). Please mention this on your website and stop making people pay for this at the moment. I can see the game has potential, but dont lie to your PAYING customers.
  61. Dec 19, 2012
    I've never been more angry after a game purchase. I bought the game on Steam and found the features listed were blatant lies. There are no multiple maps, there is only one and the size of it is a quarter of the 400 kilometers promised. The servers hold 50 players max, not the 100 promised, and the screenshots on Steam dont look like the actusl game. But all that is inconsequential when theI've never been more angry after a game purchase. I bought the game on Steam and found the features listed were blatant lies. There are no multiple maps, there is only one and the size of it is a quarter of the 400 kilometers promised. The servers hold 50 players max, not the 100 promised, and the screenshots on Steam dont look like the actusl game. But all that is inconsequential when the game is a buggy mess that doesn't work!

This doesn't even take into account the astonishing way the dev, Hammerpoint, has handled this mess. Their "apology" consists of apologizing for the their customers being too stupid to properly read a features list. I'm sending a ticket to Steam and asking for a refund. If you had the misfortune of buying this POS I suggest you do the same.
  62. Jan 2, 2013
    This game is **** Look, if you want to play a **** Zombie MMO, get DayZ when it comes out. If you think DayZ is buggy, this game is even more buggy. Seriously, this game is in early alpha. Looks like **** plays like **** is ****
  63. Dec 18, 2012
    It's a total scam. I bought this game on steam, they have all these features and things you can do listed on their store page. Yet half of them are not even in the game, they have listed no where on there store page that this game is not finished. Thus I feel I was lied to. I "attempted" to play this game, and it sucks. The AI of Zombies so the worst I have ever seen, and half the timeIt's a total scam. I bought this game on steam, they have all these features and things you can do listed on their store page. Yet half of them are not even in the game, they have listed no where on there store page that this game is not finished. Thus I feel I was lied to. I "attempted" to play this game, and it sucks. The AI of Zombies so the worst I have ever seen, and half the time you can't even kill them, this game is no where near release quality, yet it was released.. Go figure. It's simply a crappy port off of War Inc. with lots of glitches. Expand
  64. Dec 18, 2012
    After having played hundreds of hours in DayZ , i figured i could use a change of pace , tough i had previous knowledge/doubts about this game , it was reasonable enough for me to buy into the ALPHA of this game , and to play/test the proof of concept.
    I knew what i was getting in to and even tough it seemed shady and like a cash grab , I've somewhat enjoyed the game playing with friends (tough it's mostly the playing with friends i enjoyed , the game was fairly terrible and buggy).
    Now coming to recent times , I've found out they ACTUALLY HAD THE AUDACITY TO RELEASE THIS PIECE OF **** AS A FINISHED PRODUCT?!
    How dare they...
    It's a blatant lie that this game has been in development for years , it's simply a mod on their ****ty game "War INC" for which you have to pay a retail price , AND you can buy in-game items with a micro-transaction system that considerably increase your probability of survival (IN A SURVIVAL GAME).
    The steam page with blatant lies , random banning , irresponsible moderators , lead developer that has the English vocabulary of a 6 year old and the issues with their refund company (Xsolla) all give this bonus points towards rating this game a ZERO.
    I would have given it a minus infinity , as you can hardly call this a game in it's current state , and it should be taken off of steam IMMEDIATELY.
    Hammerpoint INC should be ashamed of themselves.
  65. Dec 18, 2012
    Let's stick to the facts. The Steam store page for this game lists many features that the game simply doesn't have. The screen-shots for the game are not in-game, and are in fact promotional 'concept art'. The company behind the game are completely unprofessional in the way that they handle their PR. The game probably has the worst micro-transaction system of any game I have ever heard of.Let's stick to the facts. The Steam store page for this game lists many features that the game simply doesn't have. The screen-shots for the game are not in-game, and are in fact promotional 'concept art'. The company behind the game are completely unprofessional in the way that they handle their PR. The game probably has the worst micro-transaction system of any game I have ever heard of. Anything that you buy will be lost as soon as you are killed...So why buy anything? Last but not least, the game is riding the coat tails of the success of the DayZ mod and using it's hype to generate sales from misguided people. Expand
  66. Dec 17, 2012
  67. Dec 19, 2012
    Horrible game. After posting about bugs on the forum, I was repeatedly ignored. Once I started demanding a refund since the bugs wouldn't get fixed, they banned me... Terrible game. Don't buy this. If you do, they will suck the money out of you until there is nothing left.
  68. Dec 17, 2012
    Purchased this game on Steam (which fails to acknowledge that it is still in beta on the War Z store page) and requested a RMA 4 hours later. I feel my time is better spent with the fantastic Arma II mod, Day Z. With War Z currently in beta at the moment, you will find broken game play and environments; from invisible walls to glitchy life ending hill drops to spotty AI. I feel yourPurchased this game on Steam (which fails to acknowledge that it is still in beta on the War Z store page) and requested a RMA 4 hours later. I feel my time is better spent with the fantastic Arma II mod, Day Z. With War Z currently in beta at the moment, you will find broken game play and environments; from invisible walls to glitchy life ending hill drops to spotty AI. I feel your money is best saved for its final release, if by then it is fixed. The game is acclaimed to be a MMO but I have never played an MMO that has a max server population of 50 players, by that logic Battlefield 1942 is a MMO. Now the genera can be daunting with its unforgivable finalizing, no respawn death, but very rewarding when meeting and joining up with a few fellow player with the same goal mind. With that said wait until the beta is done and watch the reviews to see if these problems get any better. For now stick with Day Z. Expand
  69. Dec 17, 2012
    The idea and concept behind War Z would be a winner in most every gamers library, unfortunately it has been poorly executed by Hammerpoint. There is a massive population of gamers who would enjoy playing a true Zombie Survival MMO, however this game falls short in all 3 of those words. ◎ Zombie. There are zombies in the game, and is probably the highest selling point for this game.The idea and concept behind War Z would be a winner in most every gamers library, unfortunately it has been poorly executed by Hammerpoint. There is a massive population of gamers who would enjoy playing a true Zombie Survival MMO, however this game falls short in all 3 of those words. ◎ Zombie. There are zombies in the game, and is probably the highest selling point for this game. Unfortunately the zombies are pointless in the game, and leave much to be desired. One would think in a Zombie Survival game, your biggest fear would be zombies. This is untrue. Players are your worst enemy, and zombies are there to be filler and annoying at most. The zombies in War Z have poor AI, and there is no variety in zombies.

◎ Survival. Yes the game has food and water, plus you have to find supplies to keep your health replenished. However, your not trying to survive against zombies. Your trying to survive from other players. Simply put, please don't let this game fool you. This is the truth. You'll be lured and filtered into towns for supplies, however soon find that they are filled with campers, server hoppers, and of course a extremely high population of hackers. Beware up front, trying to get to the safe zones is not an easy feat, due to safe zone campers.

◎ MMO. Don't let the 100 players fool you as well. Right now the servers sport a MAX population of 50 per server. Battlefield 3 has more than this. This game is far from being an MMO, so beware. You won't be in a HUGE world with hundreds of people. Instead, a single map that has 50 people.

Below are also the promised features listed and included with the game, per the Official Steam page.

◇ Two modes of Play: Normal and Hardcore
    FALSE. Hardcore mode does not work and is not yet implemented. You can create a hardcore character, however there are no differences as it stands between normal and hardcore.

◇ Meld of PVE(Player versus Environment) and PVP(Player versus Player)
    FALSE. No PVE content. This game will force you into PVP as it contains no PVE. You are looting and scavenging to stay alive against other players. Simple as that.

◇ Up to 100 Players per Game Server
    FALSE. MAX right now is 50. If they raise it further, game is over crowded. They already tried this before releasing the game on Steam.

◇ Dedicated Public Servers as well as Private Servers
    FALSE. This feature isn't even in the game yet.

It's made to look like there are massive hordes of Zombies that your trying to stay alive against. The truth is, turn those zombies into other survivors attempting to kill you and it would lean more towards the truth.
    Below I break down each of the topics listed on their main site.

◎ FIRST ZOMBIE MMO

I have a hard time accepting that this game could even be considered an MMO. In the current state, the existing Colorado map supports a low population of 50, and you have hundreds of individual game servers. Look at Battlefield which supports 64 players, and offers server rentals. Battlefield is not called an MMO, and why? It's not. Hammerpoint should re-evaluate this statement, as there are very few additions that separate it from any other FPS game. The few unique features it does have, such as a food and water meter, random spawning gear, inventory, do not make it an MMO. It should be considered a Zombie Survival FPS game, not MMO. NOTE! This is not my review but i want to share it as it states so many good points! the original post can be found @steamforums http://steamcommunity.com/app/226700/discussions/0/828925216535135621/
  70. Jul 19, 2013
    Summary: (Formerly known as "The War Z") It has been 5 months since the release of this "game", giving rise to a post-apocalyptic nightmare with 95% of the human race wiped out. To survive, you'll require a new hard drive partition, a new brain partition, and a lot of vodka. Some of you will go insane as you negotiate the uninstallation menus, others will be forced to fight for survival asSummary: (Formerly known as "The War Z") It has been 5 months since the release of this "game", giving rise to a post-apocalyptic nightmare with 95% of the human race wiped out. To survive, you'll require a new hard drive partition, a new brain partition, and a lot of vodka. Some of you will go insane as you negotiate the uninstallation menus, others will be forced to fight for survival as they encounter punkbuster bans and other players. Every decision has an effect on whether you live or how quickly you meet your death. Expand
  71. Dec 18, 2012
    Developers are full of misinformation and lies, multiple features promised are either not implemented or not working, the screenshots shown on their website and on the steam store and not an accurate representation of the game at all and are clearly edited to make the game look better than it is.

The textures in the game are horrible, Zombie AI and pathing is laughable, quite often they will get stuck or run on the spot, Player and zombie animations look like they've been done by an 8 year old. The servers are rampant with hackers and the game is leaning more and more towards paytowin with the cash shop implementations (4 hour re-spawns when you die but you can pay to re spawn instantly) Avoid this game like the plague, if you're still even considering purchasing it look at other reviews online and all the controversy surrounding the game, i can only hope it will make you reconsider and save your money.
  72. Dec 18, 2012
    this game is crappy, it is really a huge scam
    dont buy it, just wait for the dayz standalone, like i am even tho i never played the actual mod
    if arma 2 co will be on sale i will get it just for the mod
  73. Dec 17, 2012
    The first 15 minutes are pretty fun if you get on a low population server and there are no other players around. Once you start to get a few items and weapons it quickly starts to get repetitive and the ambiance of sounds and mood music that was cool at first quickly become annoyances. You soon learn that the game sounds are just random noise and others in your proximity cannot hear theThe first 15 minutes are pretty fun if you get on a low population server and there are no other players around. Once you start to get a few items and weapons it quickly starts to get repetitive and the ambiance of sounds and mood music that was cool at first quickly become annoyances. You soon learn that the game sounds are just random noise and others in your proximity cannot hear the same things. You also quickly learn that the only real thing to do with this game is avoid players or hunt them. Then you realize that avoiding players isn't even a part of the game since it is possible for a player to "ghost" behind you by logging off, getting on a server to move to a location behind you, then log back to your server and kill you before you know what happened. There just nothing tactical about the shooter aspect of this game and there are just not enough survival features or meaningfulness to the zombies in this game to justify calling this a zombie survival game. Also they claim it is an MMO but there is nothing massive about this multiplayer online game. Maps are small, servers are low pop (50 max with current map), characters are not bound to servers, servers claim to be persistent but there is nothing on a server that matters to a player since they can do their banking outside of the server and they can switch from server to server without penalty.

Worst thing about this game is that they falsely advertise features of the game and show staged screenshots of the game that are not actually in the actual game. I give the game a 1 for the first 15 minutes of wonder but it quickly falls down as a game worth owning. If they are able to put several more months of development into the game and actually implement some of the features they advertise then maybe it will worth reconsidering but first impressions are important and right now I have no trust that Hammerpoint is anything more than a poorly run dev shop.
  74. Dec 18, 2012
    lies all over the place. first they said, its gonna be free2play. now you have to pay for a beta...
    they have a super great ingameitemshop, with items you loose after you die. great thing to waste real money on items and get killed 5 seconds after you join a server.
    they promised 100 people on the server, but the cap is on 50... they promised own rental stronghold servers... "soon"

but 9 points for the female playermodels with big boobs. -8 for not beeing able to see them in-game...
  75. Dec 18, 2012
    Quite possibly the worst game ever made. The graphics look like they are from a Sega Dreamcast at best and this is 2012 making these graphics completely unacceptable. Just so everyone knows, the screenshots shown are not taken from the game. And the last thing every potential player needs to know, there is a 1 HOUR RESPAWN TIMER when you die and you LOSE ALL YOUR GEAR!
  76. Dec 18, 2012
    Very buggy game. Misleading information posted on the Steam page. Terrible gameplay, bad controls, and boring game world. Stay away from this game. Stay far away and never look back at it. I was gifted this game, my friend play a evil joke on me.
  77. Dec 17, 2012
    Horrible game, stay far far far away!

Terrible gameplay, bad controls, boring gameworld, tons of bugs, tons of cheaters, lying devs and the list goes on. How can they not list on the steam store page that this game is UNFINISHED? Or atleast mention its in a very early stage atleast. Also they list tons of features that are not in the game yet. Stop lying and be honest with you're
    Horrible game, stay far far far away!

How can they not list on the steam store page that this game is UNFINISHED? Or atleast mention its in a very early stage atleast. Also they list tons of features that are not in the game yet. Stop lying and be honest with you're fans will go along way instead of treating them bad.

Whats with the banning of legit players for no reason other then making them buy the game again?

Terrible game, stay away!
  78. Dec 18, 2012
    This is most likely the worst video game purchase I have ever made, it has tought me to be incredibly careful when spending money on similar projects in the future.

The gameplay is terrible and almost a direct copy from DayZ, the popular mod for ARMA 2. It does do it's own things as well but they mostly involve pay to win transactions and things that simply do not belong in this genre such as safe zones and global inventory, which allows you to stash away loot in your main menu.. this completely kills the hardcore survival aspect of the game.

It was also falsely advertised all over steam when it was released there, I am very disappointed in steam for allowing this to happen.. one would think that they would review the stuff third party sellers put on their game pages.

All in all, this is one of the worst games I have ever played and by far the worst purchase I have ever made for a video game.

Stay away.
  79. Dec 18, 2012
    Rated 0 because this game is not finished. It is not a full release. It is being sold for full price and advertising features that do not yet exist within the game. Furthermore, the features that do exist within the game are buggy, and the graphics are low-rez and low-poly - blatantly different from advertised screenshots. Do not purchase this game. You are being scammed.
  80. Dec 18, 2012
    The game devs do not care about their player base and only want to make money. They are turning the game into a pay to win game on top of that. The game is being designed so that there is only one style of play - Hunter/Killer KoS - and anyone attempting to play the game in any other fashion will simply just not have a good time. Sorry, but any game that only allows one style of play isThe game devs do not care about their player base and only want to make money. They are turning the game into a pay to win game on top of that. The game is being designed so that there is only one style of play - Hunter/Killer KoS - and anyone attempting to play the game in any other fashion will simply just not have a good time. Sorry, but any game that only allows one style of play is just a bad game in general. I had so much hope for this game, but my ENTIRE CLAN just UNANIMOUSLY agreed to quit the game. Expand
  81. Dec 18, 2012
    terrible and glitchy, clearly not finished, i regret buying this, everyone else has stated my problems with the game, so i will keep this short. just don't get it, this game is as bad as superman 64!
  82. Dec 19, 2012
    Many features and time lines were lied about, Seems to be a rushed together development of a game that was made to live off the success of dayz. Even though the game is not that bad my personal opinion will shine out in my review as I personally do not like developers who lie about their game. If the developers of the game simply said that the game was really on in development for lessMany features and time lines were lied about, Seems to be a rushed together development of a game that was made to live off the success of dayz. Even though the game is not that bad my personal opinion will shine out in my review as I personally do not like developers who lie about their game. If the developers of the game simply said that the game was really on in development for less then a year, My review would have been much better. Expand
  83. Dec 18, 2012
    It's impossible to talk to Tech Support, worst support ever since Knight Online. -2 points for support, -3 points for not implemented features(if you don't have them in the game, do not write them on your steam page), -2 points for lack of community management so my total point is 3 and this 3 points just goes to game idea, however people says it's clone of dayz, i've never played dayz soIt's impossible to talk to Tech Support, worst support ever since Knight Online. -2 points for support, -3 points for not implemented features(if you don't have them in the game, do not write them on your steam page), -2 points for lack of community management so my total point is 3 and this 3 points just goes to game idea, however people says it's clone of dayz, i've never played dayz so the game idea seems pretty awesome to me, It may be copy of a another game that's normal, happens always. Expand
  84. Dec 19, 2012
    Flat out did not do anything it promised and is now begging for more and more micro-transactions to deliver even a rudimentary enjoyable experience.

Waste of £10, especially since they won't even issue a refund, despite it breaking UK laws on sale of digital goods and advertising standards.
  85. Dec 18, 2012
    I usually believe that people give zero ratings to games just to pull them down because they are massively over hyped (see Halo, Call of duty etc), however zero in the War Z actually means zero.

I will list a few reasons as to why this game deserves a 0 - The game play is clunky with poor animations, broken mechanics and invisible walls - The Item spawns seem to break soon after

I will list a few reasons as to why this game deserves a 0
    - The Item spawns seem to break soon after server restarts,
    - Servers need restarting regularly and can be unstable
    - Ammunition can be brought for real money as can food and other survival equipment,
    - Newbie ganking is the meta,
    - Extremely suspect development team with other great titles like big rig racing,
    - Development targets are never hit and many "features" that were promised months ago are never delivered
    - Heavily moderated forum that often has negative feedback deleted, - The games producer admits to abandoning their development of another game to start this game following the success of DayZ though the lead developer denies this.
  86. Dec 18, 2012
    Unpolished, unfinished and poorly thought through, War Z manages to disappoint me in ways I didn't think was possible. The producer is a moronic jackass, developers lie on a daily basis, there's no communication in their company and the game-play is still in very early alpha-stages. To top it all down, they are also trying to deny people their human rights by pre-emptively saying "NoUnpolished, unfinished and poorly thought through, War Z manages to disappoint me in ways I didn't think was possible. The producer is a moronic jackass, developers lie on a daily basis, there's no communication in their company and the game-play is still in very early alpha-stages. To top it all down, they are also trying to deny people their human rights by pre-emptively saying "No refunds" before the game was even released, knowing that it would have turned out like **** and that people would demand their money back. Good thing they used a 3rd party to transfer funds. Day Z fanboys raging at it before even seeing in-game footage aside, avoid this title like the plague and check back within a year or two to see if they've finished adding all the animations. Expand
  87. Dec 18, 2012
    Haven't purchased the game yet, but I went to browse to their official forums to try and achieve my own opinion on the game since there seems to be a massive influx of negative press lately. Upon clicking on a random thread under General (this was the third topic I was about to view; had only been on the forum for 5 minutes), I received a redirect to a page with a message informing me IHaven't purchased the game yet, but I went to browse to their official forums to try and achieve my own opinion on the game since there seems to be a massive influx of negative press lately. Upon clicking on a random thread under General (this was the third topic I was about to view; had only been on the forum for 5 minutes), I received a redirect to a page with a message informing me I was IP banned.

This certainly helped me form an opinion of the product, and helps to solidify my view on all the claims of people being unjustly banned, threatened with bans, et cetera. It is hard for me to give this product anything higher than a 0 if I was banned within 5 minutes of just browsing their forums. Damage control at its worst.
  88. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is terrible, I feel bad for funding them by purchasing this game. The dev's are liars and misrepresented the game on steam, it has few of they key features it detailed that it has. The game itself has far too many bugs in it, a ridiculous amount of hacker and a system where as you can buy in game items with real life money! In a game made to be about survival, you can buy keyThis game is terrible, I feel bad for funding them by purchasing this game. The dev's are liars and misrepresented the game on steam, it has few of they key features it detailed that it has. The game itself has far too many bugs in it, a ridiculous amount of hacker and a system where as you can buy in game items with real life money! In a game made to be about survival, you can buy key items with your own money just too fed the developers greed. But most importantly isn't any fun. Just overly boring. I would recommend people stay well away from this garbage, cash and grab, unfinished game. Expand
  89. Dec 18, 2012
    Been playing this game since Oct. 16th (couldn't get it to run on the 15th).

I've never played DayZ, but i had heard of it from time to time. Basically, this game feels like a money grab, they skipped through alpha & beta to release on steam, the only thing that really updates in the game is the map, everything else is static, or ported directly from War Inc. (clans exactly same as
    Been playing this game since Oct. 16th (couldn't get it to run on the 15th).

I've never played DayZ, but i had heard of it from time to time.

Basically, this game feels like a money grab, they skipped through alpha & beta to release on steam, the only thing that really updates in the game is the map, everything else is static, or ported directly from War Inc. (clans exactly same as in War Inc, and I am assuming friends/skills will be same as well)

It is impossible to get refunds from these people, XSOLLA, their initial payment system, says to contact WarZ Support, WarZ Support says they don't handle refunds and to contact XSOLLA (who have disappeared, oddly enough (and they say they are in Russia and US consumer laws don't apply to them).
    Bottom Line:
    DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!!!!
  90. Dec 18, 2012
    This quite possibly is the worst game I've ever played.

Seriously, I'm not just saying that.

There are two games I wish I never played.

1. Star Trek Legacy which was the worst rated star trek game in history.

2. The war Z

Seriously....this game isn't even worth a bag of urine.
  91. Dec 18, 2012
    The developers are liars and the game is a scam. The Steam release 'features' dedicated and private servers with up to 100 people and over 40 weapons! Just two of the lies Hammerpoint Interactive have been feeding us. The game's evidently non-existent anti-cheat makes playing a horrible experience (if it wasn't already for the poor physics and AI) and the community of the game seem toThe developers are liars and the game is a scam. The Steam release 'features' dedicated and private servers with up to 100 people and over 40 weapons! Just two of the lies Hammerpoint Interactive have been feeding us. The game's evidently non-existent anti-cheat makes playing a horrible experience (if it wasn't already for the poor physics and AI) and the community of the game seem to treat it as though it's Call of Doody and shoot to kill on sight. The fact that Hammerpoint seemingly ban players at random is even more baffling! Unless, of course, it is a ploy on their part to try and scrounge every last penny out of people. The community manager, Kewk, in particular is a frustrating individual; I have heard that he, after being legitimately killed by a player, banned said player and spawned in all his lost items. It is astounding that a corporation like this can get away with this kind of crime - breaking at least four US retail laws.
    Now, I accept that we are buying the game in Beta (I did start playing in Alpha) - a fact that has been omitted on Steam, I have noticed - but there has been no attempt to develop a working anti-cheat for the game. I have seen that hackers in the game are not even prevented from using their hacks for a brief period of time, the game is updated and it is 'Ban time' (as Hammerpoint calls it) and yet the hacks still work as well as they used to.
    I'm not sure that this game would be any good if it was Free to Play, especially since the quality of such games is improving (Planetside 2), but the fact that they charge for the game, as well as many in-game items is ludicrous. Seriously, save yourself the time, money and hassle, buy a good game instead.
  92. Dec 17, 2012
  93. Dec 19, 2012
    The War Z is a DayZ rip-off but that's not the worst part. The worst part is that it is quite clearly a scam; it is becoming more and more common for game developers to promise but never deliver. In other industries, there are hundreds of laws to comply with but game developers seem mostly exempt from these and games such as The War Z are the results. More regulation is required if gamersThe War Z is a DayZ rip-off but that's not the worst part. The worst part is that it is quite clearly a scam; it is becoming more and more common for game developers to promise but never deliver. In other industries, there are hundreds of laws to comply with but game developers seem mostly exempt from these and games such as The War Z are the results. More regulation is required if gamers want to continue enjoying quality games without being scammed at every possible opportunity. Expand
  94. Jan 9, 2013
    Awful scam! Stay away from this game and any game that Sergey Titov is involved with! They just tried to pick off some fast money on the Day Z hype (great mod/game) - DO NOT BUY!
  95. Dec 18, 2012
    I really wanted to like this game based on its unique premise of combining open world game and with a zombie survival game but I just cant enjoy a game that you can spends hours searching for items and finally being able to take on zombies with a baseball bat or some other mediocre weapon only to be shot down by another player and loose all of your gear permanently. the zombies seem toI really wanted to like this game based on its unique premise of combining open world game and with a zombie survival game but I just cant enjoy a game that you can spends hours searching for items and finally being able to take on zombies with a baseball bat or some other mediocre weapon only to be shot down by another player and loose all of your gear permanently. the zombies seem to spawn randomly and even on top of you sometimes almost ensuring a quick death and when you do spawn it takes 15 minutes of running to get anywhere on the map. Also It seems like this is turning into a cash grab for the maker of the game due to the 4 hour wait period to spawn after death or paying to revive right away as well as players not having a starting weapon that is even remotely effective against zombies or visiting the in game marketplace to buy a weapon that you can actually kill zombies with but are going to loose in 20 minutes when you meet another player in the game with something better. Just save yourself a headache and save your money...I wish i did. Expand
  96. Dec 18, 2012
    This is a scam, nothing but a cheap cash in of DayZ's success. Do yourself a favor and don't support this dishonesty by buying this garbage. Save your money.
  97. KRX
    Dec 18, 2012
    A fair score for this game, based on it's quality, developer responses, and support service is a 3/10.

Support in this game is nearly impossible to get. A friend of my was permanently banned by looting items you could access via glitches that were set up (without warning) to catch "hackers". Items again, that were accessible by players without any kinds of hacks (Remember, this is an alpha game being sold as a released game and "glitchers" are being permanently banned). He received no email explaining his ban, no message about why he was banned or how to contact support. He found out how he could contact support and send in a ticket, he has not been contacted, and there is no way for him to check and see if his ticket is still active. They're charging for the game and they have micro transaction systems for everything. Everything in game will cost you extra money. Whether it's making a clan, renting a server, buying cosmetic items (that you lose upon death) or new character models. You only get 1 character model to start off, until you buy more. Developers constantly lie to the customers about their anti-hack systems and how effective it is. (Almost no actual hackers have been banned yet and the number of hackers is growing on third party sites daily). Developers constantly promise features that are always pushed back. Never meeting release days for patches. They cannot construct sentences in English or use spell check to correct their posts. There website has not been updated since September and has old information on it, the screen shots post on the site and on steam DO NOT represent the game. None of those screen shots can be recreated in game.

Developers have actually lied about features being in game that are NOT IN GAME. To the customers. Including... hidden tents with better than average loot, boss zombies, infections, and that GC items spawn the game world.

The quality of this game is another story entirely... for a survival game, you spend almost no time thinking about survival. This game is entirely a pvp game where you kill anyone you see and hope they had loot for you to take. Loot is extremely easy to stock pile. I already have over 200 guns in an infinitely large bank system that takes away any thrill of playing the game. The graphics of the game are well below what you would expect from a PC game

Game only supports 50 players per server (NOT 100). This game is NOT an MMO. There are NO RPG elements in the game. Battlefield has more players per server than this "MMO".

Finally... This game is littered with hackers. Hackers everywhere. It's unplayable unless you are hacking yourself. I play in a group of 5-8 guys and five or six of them are hacking. It's not fun playing with them because they just instant kill everyone from 500 meters away and I go and loot. Nothing fun about it... BUT theres really nothing fun about playing without them and you're the one dying to the hackers constantly. So whether you're hacking or not, the game really is terrible either way. Huge list of features missing from the game and NO anti-hack system at all is in place. A major issue I have is the developers think their game is great.

Anyways, I hope this review helped. This has been a crazy year for gaming... ME3 failure, D3 failure, WarZ by far the worst game I've played in my life on a basis of quality... But I sadly was mislead and bought the game before it was out.

I stress to anyone reading these reviews DO NOT SUPPORT THIS COMPANY. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND INVEST IN A GAME WORTHY OF YOUR TIME AND MONEY.
  98. Dec 17, 2012
    This game is TERRIBLE. The features are all crappy rip-offs of features DayZ has, and the Dev's wishlist is the same. The screenshots featured in advertisements are LIES. they feature actions that are literally impossible in the game. The clan feature is only available in the in-game store, usually a free feature in MMO's. The advertise dozens of skills yet the actual number is ZERO! TheThis game is TERRIBLE. The features are all crappy rip-offs of features DayZ has, and the Dev's wishlist is the same. The screenshots featured in advertisements are LIES. they feature actions that are literally impossible in the game. The clan feature is only available in the in-game store, usually a free feature in MMO's. The advertise dozens of skills yet the actual number is ZERO! The playerbase is also 60% hackers but so far most of those banned are innocent due too the poorly implemented "bait" pick-ups they use to catch hackers. The servers also crach inexplicably on a regular basis. The zombies AI is the worst I have ever seen, and i've seen some pretty bad AI. if you dont believe me check the steam forums for every positive comment their are dozens calling for a free refund. In conclusion there is absolutely no reason to buy this game especially when the vastly superior DayZ is FREE. Expand
  99. Dec 18, 2012
    Bought in November, things looked hopeful then. Now there are mass, unjustified bans, a Community Manager who trash talks community members for constructive feedback not only in the Warning forums but on twitter and Steam too. All features promised have yet to arrive, but hey, there is pay to revive now, that will fix everything in this broken piece of rushed crap. Do some research andBought in November, things looked hopeful then. Now there are mass, unjustified bans, a Community Manager who trash talks community members for constructive feedback not only in the Warning forums but on twitter and Steam too. All features promised have yet to arrive, but hey, there is pay to revive now, that will fix everything in this broken piece of rushed crap. Do some research and save yourself some $ and frustration. Expand
  100. Dec 18, 2012
    Followed this game closely once it was announced, and eagerly bought into the "alpha" program. It was fun at first, mainly because I had never played anything like this. Then the terrible forum moderators prevented any form of criticism on the game by banning individuals with new suggestions. Heck, I logged into the forums from work on my laptop and a mod gave me hell because I was usingFollowed this game closely once it was announced, and eagerly bought into the "alpha" program. It was fun at first, mainly because I had never played anything like this. Then the terrible forum moderators prevented any form of criticism on the game by banning individuals with new suggestions. Heck, I logged into the forums from work on my laptop and a mod gave me hell because I was using different IP addresses, give me a break. "New anti-hack" methods were nothing but bait items scattered around the map that innocent players CAN pick up and therefore be banned with. Devs handing out EXCLUSIVE items to friends on LIVE servers. The lack of any form of professionalism is staggering. I really thought it had hit a low point, but then last night the steam page came up with the biggest amount of misinformation I had seen in quite some time.

Don't get me wrong, the game had tons of promise, but it wasn't in production for 2 years. It copied League of Legends EULA (professionalism much?). The direction of the game is to make as many money making schemes as they can and insert them into the game (pay for clan support? Faster respawn?) is becoming more and more obvious. Save your hard earned money and spend it on a quality indie game. Not something that claims to be a finished product when it is clearly still alpha quality.
  101. Dec 18, 2012

1. Mar 7, 2013
    Its mechanical foundation - like this Foundation Release - crumbles at the lightest touch. [March 2013, p.94]
  2. Feb 22, 2013
    The War Z has about as much value as its crappy in-game melee weaponry and that’s not much at all. At least it doesn’t cost anything to play after you buy it, and the cash shop items are fair enough, so you won’t see people running around with machine guns just because they spent money. If you’re going to give your money to a zombie-survival game, grab ArmA II and a copy of the DayZ mod, or wait for the full retail version of DayZ to arrive on digital store shelves and check that out. Do not buy into The War Z.
  3. Feb 5, 2013
    The War Z might use the same elements that make DayZ an enthralling experience. But it puts them together so halfheartedly that you have to turn away in disbelief.