1.7

Overwhelming dislike- based on 4014 Ratings

1. Dec 18, 2012
    On a personal experience, I have had a good time with one of my friends travelling around the map. However, the company is the real reason you shouldn't buy this game. The company is trying to suck the money out of you, with micro transactions everywhere. The company promised many things that were supposed to be in the game a long time ago, but are now postponed to next year. Do not buy,On a personal experience, I have had a good time with one of my friends travelling around the map. However, the company is the real reason you shouldn't buy this game. The company is trying to suck the money out of you, with micro transactions everywhere. The company promised many things that were supposed to be in the game a long time ago, but are now postponed to next year. Do not buy, at least until they complete the game. Expand
  2. Dec 18, 2012
    Something is really nagging me about this game. Arktos Entertainment are charging 13.49 plus for a unfinished barely playable product. The Arktos Entertainment alone with Steam seem to be involved in some very shaddy business practices. False advertisement.This game is riddled with hackers praying upon non hackers as usual in games these days. No real safeguards, duh. I could go on and onSomething is really nagging me about this game. Arktos Entertainment are charging 13.49 plus for a unfinished barely playable product. The Arktos Entertainment alone with Steam seem to be involved in some very shaddy business practices. False advertisement.This game is riddled with hackers praying upon non hackers as usual in games these days. No real safeguards, duh. I could go on and on about how shaddy and terrible The War Z is but I'm not. Bottom line is do not buy this game. Do not reward Arktos Entertainment for its shaddy business practices. Also, if are one of the unlucky ones who have actually bought this game, at the very least don't waste your money buying with real money in game items Expand
  3. Dec 18, 2012
    Awful, simply awful. the only thing worse than the fact that they nickel and dime you for EVERYTHING is the online community. If this is the future of MMOs then I'm ready to get off the train. What do you expect from the developer that brought you the proclaimed worst game of all times, Big Riggs. This game is a worthy followup.
  4. Dec 18, 2012
    Trash game is trash. I feel sorry for anyone else that has paid for this game. I'm doing all I can for a refund. I have felt robbed since day one. I have learned from my mistakes.
  5. Dec 18, 2012
    This game begins with a good idea, and ends with utter disappointment.

I was a big fan, but can't stand the constant cheating (Google search it) and the developers inability to do anything about it.

For anyone that has purchased the game - go download War Inc. for free and compare. It's the same game with different models. You just paid for a mod of a FREE game.
  6. Dec 18, 2012
    The developers are a scam. The game released as an alpha with no indication it's still an alpha. They're only cashing in on the DayZ hype. They should be sued for false advertisement and much much more. They should be ashamed of themselves.
  7. Dec 18, 2012
    The Game description makes War Z sound like the perfect Zombie game however the Developers lack of fulfilling promises has really gone on too long. With Previous promises of certain features in the "Foundation Release" coming in December only to be met with "1-4 Weeks" until the features listed on Steam may actually be in-game. I could put up with the same models as War Inc and the bugs ifThe Game description makes War Z sound like the perfect Zombie game however the Developers lack of fulfilling promises has really gone on too long. With Previous promises of certain features in the "Foundation Release" coming in December only to be met with "1-4 Weeks" until the features listed on Steam may actually be in-game. I could put up with the same models as War Inc and the bugs if only the Developers could meet their deadlines and carry out their promises. Hackers are a problem as well as false bans which have since been corrected. I love the concept - Dislike the execution. Expand
  8. Dec 18, 2012
    I didn't think it was possible for anyone, let alone game developers, to spew out more lies and empty promises than a politician! The game is apparently in it's "foundation release" and yet looks no more complete than it's initial Alpha release. I would not recommend this game to ANYONE and I actually am disappointed in myself for falling for such a money-grabbing scam
  9. Dec 18, 2012
    While the game had potential, the devs and the moderators have abused and suppressed facts and opinions on their forums. They are skirting the line of ethical values and seem to push for a "release title" then to work to finish up the game. This is not a AAA title more like a C title at best. I could go into great detail but this is a game to revisit in a few months. Also the map is aWhile the game had potential, the devs and the moderators have abused and suppressed facts and opinions on their forums. They are skirting the line of ethical values and seem to push for a "release title" then to work to finish up the game. This is not a AAA title more like a C title at best. I could go into great detail but this is a game to revisit in a few months. Also the map is a fraction of the size it was going to be and changed the wording many times since Oct 15th alpha. Nothing is on schedule with them and core components are pushed back all the time. The good is if you like a CoD style game with some zombies around play it for the fun of others misery. If you want a survival experience then you will have a long wait ahead of you.

Ohh and no friends system set up or away to tell who is a friendly type or a bandit since you have to type to chat and get killed for that. So no VOIP in-game makes it very hard to play with randomly met people.
  10. Dec 18, 2012
    DO NOT BUY THIS GAME.
    DO NOT BUY THIS GAME.
    Really really bad. I tried it out while it was in "alpha/beta". I saw great potential in it but as they were getting closer and closer to the release date I basically saw devs that didn't really care about the game but more or less the money they could make from hopping on the DayZ bandwagon. Now that the "foundation build" is out nothing has changed.The map is still buggy, the textures are horrible, and most importantly almost all of their promises were never met (cars, strongholds, etc). If the game has been in development for as long as they claim it's been I expected more and I'm basically extremely disappointed.

Again this game HAD potential but this game jsut blows.
  11. Dec 18, 2012
    Gameplay is fun, but cant say much else. Most unprofessional DEV team I've ever dealt with. Break deadlines regularly, called players a **** on official forums,spawn in guns, teleport in public servers, etc.

Check on the game in 6 months, IF its still around, MAYBE take another look....As for now.. .Stay away.
  12. Dec 18, 2012
    In the games current state it is nothing more than a first person shooter and not a good one at that. No one really hunts the zombies actually the game is more like run in a pack and just kill other players its not really and mmo until the kill on site aspect is addressed. Hammerpoint is making every attempt to clean out your wallet. They continue to fill the game with broken promises andIn the games current state it is nothing more than a first person shooter and not a good one at that. No one really hunts the zombies actually the game is more like run in a pack and just kill other players its not really and mmo until the kill on site aspect is addressed. Hammerpoint is making every attempt to clean out your wallet. They continue to fill the game with broken promises and it seems maybe they cannot deliver what they have actually would be in the game at this point. It really seems that they have spent more time figuring ways to make money than actually fixing the things that are broke in the game e.g glitchy hill drops to your death, erratic out of place game sounds, bad AI, optimized graphics. Expand
  13. Dec 18, 2012
    Does this look like a minority of bad reviews? From the looks of it, lots of people are angry. Angry that we were duped by misleading information that the Director stated is ok to do.
  14. Dec 18, 2012
    I like playing the game but their CONSTANT AND CONSISTENT lies have bored me. They have CLEARLY rushed this out no matter what they claim. Has all the potential for a brilliant game if only they spent some of the money from preorders on hiring more developers rather than gold plated suits. As a developer I understand development hold ups but the problem they face is claiming to haveI like playing the game but their CONSTANT AND CONSISTENT lies have bored me. They have CLEARLY rushed this out no matter what they claim. Has all the potential for a brilliant game if only they spent some of the money from preorders on hiring more developers rather than gold plated suits. As a developer I understand development hold ups but the problem they face is claiming to have features for "private test groups" that they dont have AT ALL! Its not just delayed features, its stuff they have not even started work on! For gods sake the community/clans page does not even refresh, you have to LOG OUT to get the new data. From a programming perspective making something like that refresh is the least taxing problem out there, just re run the same code that fills it. TLDR;
    Promising game thats fun to play but constant lies and delays are tiresome.
  15. Dec 18, 2012
    Dreadful. Not being a player of DayZ, but aware that my friends and others had enjoyed it, I quickly saw this game (The War Z) and made the connection that it was the stand alone DayZ that I had previously heard rumors of. Now, I'm willing to accept that I'm at a lot of fault for buying this game on impulse without doing any research, and I quickly found out after I had bought the game,Dreadful. Not being a player of DayZ, but aware that my friends and others had enjoyed it, I quickly saw this game (The War Z) and made the connection that it was the stand alone DayZ that I had previously heard rumors of. Now, I'm willing to accept that I'm at a lot of fault for buying this game on impulse without doing any research, and I quickly found out after I had bought the game, but before I had played it, that it was not any actual version of DayZ, but rather an imitation, I was a bit concerned. Still, I tried it out with some optimism; it couldn't be terrible, but how wrong I was. The game is far from complete. Now, this in itself is no real crime; plenty of games are played before they are complete yet they evolve into something much greater over time. The real tragedy here is that it makes no mention of it's Alpha stage before you purchase it. It, indeed, presents itself as a full and complete game. Now, even then, that's not to say the game couldn't be fun. Yet, while some tend to enjoy it, it would seem a good majority does not. (including myself) There's nothing that really orients you towards any sort of goal. Now, this is also sometimes a good thing, hell, it worked for Minecraft, but in this case there isn't really too much to actually grasp and adapt to in the game. Focus in the game is not born through the mere playing of it, in my experience. Survival quickly becomes a chore, rather than a game. On the flip side, things look pretty from a distance and zombies in the game do scare the hell out of me, so the game isn't totally lacking in potential. Just, you know, as is, don't touch it. Expand
  16. Dec 18, 2012
    I'm not a fan of zero bombing, but this is out of principle.

I'm not a fan of zero bombing, but this is out of principle.

This game should not be allowed to be sold, at least as it is right now. It was "launched" in an alpha state, with absolutely no indication to anyone who doesn't research it that it's not a final release. Its Steam store page was full of blatant false information, which was "fixed" to contain slightly less false information, and the blame was pushed onto the consumers, accusing that they, and this is a direct quote from the creator of the game, "misread infromation about game features".

No, Sergey, you lied to lure people into paying for things that didn't (and still don't) exist. Good luck meeting your end-of-2012 launch deadline. I hope the lawsuits don't slow you down.
  17. Dec 18, 2012
    Game has a long list of features, none of which are in the game. The game developer's history shows their policy of releasing a game, collecting all the initial surge of money at release and dropping support for the game. No reasonable person would expect this game ever to have any of the features on their features list.

Developer regularly lies, makes up statistics, and does whatever

Developer regularly lies, makes up statistics, and does whatever it can to help further it's fraudulent activities to scam gamers out of money. This is a company you need to stay far, far away from.

Anyone interested in this game please be advised, anything you see in screenshots or in writing from them is NOT IN THE GAME THEY ARE SELLING.
  18. Dec 18, 2012
    It's hard to explain how bad this game actually is. It is so damn glitch! Also you pay for a Beta game and not a full game!!! Also there are transactions in the game that does not justify the fee you pay for the game it self. Be smart and stay away from this game please!
  19. Dec 18, 2012
    I really want this game to succeed and it does have potential but at this rate the game is barely getting any better and the developers keep pushing back dates for things that they promised beforehand.
  20. Dec 18, 2012
    Big Rigs comes to mind when playing this game. It's unfinished and plagued by bugs, exploits and hacks.
    At first I believed the promises of the developers and decided to just wait it out, but Hammerpoint is like that prostitute you just paid and then she admits to you that she has no vagina, but too bad, she runs off with your money anyways.
  21. Dec 18, 2012
    This game should definatley be in the free-to-play section of steam as it has micro-transactions in it and is in an alpha stage (although said to be the full game in the description with plenty of features that aren't even present in the current build). Item bought in the marketplace with real cash are not permanent and will be lost immediately upon death - which happens often consideringThis game should definatley be in the free-to-play section of steam as it has micro-transactions in it and is in an alpha stage (although said to be the full game in the description with plenty of features that aren't even present in the current build). Item bought in the marketplace with real cash are not permanent and will be lost immediately upon death - which happens often considering this is a zombie survival game. With all of that in mind, I advise you to hold onto your cash and either wait for the complete game or the standalone Day Z. Expand
  22. Dec 18, 2012
    Not at all what they advertised on steam when i bought it. Not at all what they advertised on their website. Took a peek in the forums and saw all the rage and still bought it. I should have listened.

This game may be what it supposed to be in a year but it definitely isn't right now.
  23. Dec 18, 2012
    This is by far one of the very worse games i have ever played and i have been playing video games sense the late 70's, it has no objectives or anything resembling a mission, all you do is walk around for hours to get anywhere just to die by a horde our get killed by another player when you get to where ya wanna be.
    So many things are broken about it, if you die it can be hours before you
    So many things are broken about it, if you die it can be hours before you can respawn unless you pay real money for it and when you do you start without the items you originally started with which is crucial.
    Warning! don't buy items from market unless your willing to lose them upon death, this game is nothing more than a money maker.
  24. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is dreadfully bad! Probably one of the worst games I've played this year. Clearly not finished by any stretch of imagination. Not to mention the Dev's bad business practice and their immature anti-consumer behaviour. This game will get zero points from me!
  25. Dec 18, 2012
    This is a buggy uninspired mess which looks like it was made in 1996 and runs about as well as if it had. The developers were caught out selling it as a complete and full featured game and even when it is clearly an alpha at best. This game is modeled after other freemium games in that it sells cosmetic and convenience items for real money but not even that it also sells actual gameplayThis is a buggy uninspired mess which looks like it was made in 1996 and runs about as well as if it had. The developers were caught out selling it as a complete and full featured game and even when it is clearly an alpha at best. This game is modeled after other freemium games in that it sells cosmetic and convenience items for real money but not even that it also sells actual gameplay items as well.

Hammerpoint Interactive did not see fit to finish their "free" game but they did see fit to complete the real money trading system and sell you the alpha client. That is how much they respect you, the Consumer.
  26. Dec 18, 2012
    The idea of the game is good. But overall, With the current developers this game is doomed. They do nothing but create more ways for them to make money. They have a HUGE hacking problem and they fail to address us about it. Every time ANY criticizes them they ban their account. This company needs to stand trial for what they have done. They false advertised the game for what it will neverThe idea of the game is good. But overall, With the current developers this game is doomed. They do nothing but create more ways for them to make money. They have a HUGE hacking problem and they fail to address us about it. Every time ANY criticizes them they ban their account. This company needs to stand trial for what they have done. They false advertised the game for what it will never be. NOTHING BUT A BIG SCAM. To all who have bought into this, stop playing.. Expand
  27. Dec 18, 2012
    I bought this game a few days ago with the understanding that it is primarily a zombie survival MMO with pvp elements. This could not be further from the truth. This game is a fragfest free-for-all where the zombies pose a small threat in comparison to the large amount of "bandits" who play the game primarily to ruin other players' experience. Almost none of the promised features have beenI bought this game a few days ago with the understanding that it is primarily a zombie survival MMO with pvp elements. This could not be further from the truth. This game is a fragfest free-for-all where the zombies pose a small threat in comparison to the large amount of "bandits" who play the game primarily to ruin other players' experience. Almost none of the promised features have been implemented, including a skill system or a reputation system to curb the prevalent kill-on-sight mentality, plus the developers' promise that the game will not be play-to-win has been broken many times over by adding ammunition, food, beverages, and many other items which provide an enormous advantage to people who spend real money on these micro-transactions. The patch today increased the wait time for revive after death from one hour to four hours, while conveniently adding an option to pay real money to revive immediately. This is so shady... I had high hopes for this game, and honestly, the time I have spent playing when I wasn't being ganked (by would-be sociopaths who could care less about zombies when there are people to kill) has been enjoyable. I love the scavenging aspect. Getting chased by zombies is truly terrifying. The night time is very very creepy. There is so much potential but the devs seem to be ignoring the most urgent problems, and even working against fixing them at times, while releasing patches that are underwhelming, to say the least.

Overall, I would counsel any potential buyer to wait until some of the balancing features are added before spending the money. I am one of many who is seeking a full refund, and I don't want anyone else to have to go through the same disappointment I and many others have gone through. One last thought: Entire clans (guilds) are leaving this game in response to today's patch. This should communicate something of the seriousness of the problem this game and its crew are facing if major changes are not make soon. Buyer be warned.
  28. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is **** The developers are **** I bought a Pioneer key (U$S29.99) on Oct 16th, been playing a while so I know a bit about this "game". This is just a ripoff with FALSE ADVERTISING. You can see the staged "screenshots" of locations that DOESNT exist in the game. Vehicles? Zombies grabbing/pushing characters? Zombies reacting to lights? All lies (they EVEN posted this FALSEThis game is **** The developers are **** I bought a Pioneer key (U$S29.99) on Oct 16th, been playing a while so I know a bit about this "game". This is just a ripoff with FALSE ADVERTISING. You can see the staged "screenshots" of locations that DOESNT exist in the game. Vehicles? Zombies grabbing/pushing characters? Zombies reacting to lights? All lies (they EVEN posted this FALSE screenshots in the steam page). They launched the game in this pitty state just to grab money, they lied since the beginning. The so called anti-cheat is a LIE. They say the ban cheaters, that´s a lie, they just ban random people so they can buy their piece of **** "game" again. Only thing positive I have to say, is that luckily after a fight of 2 weeks with "game support" and my credit card costumer support, I got the full refund. DO NOT BUY THIS. THIS GAME IS A SCAM! Ask the former War Inc community, these guys are the same devolpers, they abandoned that game to make this cash-grab of a game. Expand
  29. Dec 18, 2012
    Would love this game if it was handled in a totally different manner. Every move by the Devs have put a quick buck over the long term success of this game. Missed deadlines and early release of a build that has not been improved much since closed alpha. Currently this game is not something I would recommend to my friends and that is a shame since it could easily be the game of my dreams.Would love this game if it was handled in a totally different manner. Every move by the Devs have put a quick buck over the long term success of this game. Missed deadlines and early release of a build that has not been improved much since closed alpha. Currently this game is not something I would recommend to my friends and that is a shame since it could easily be the game of my dreams.

Edit; Misclicked it is a 4 out of 10
  30. Dec 18, 2012
    Do not purchase this game. Many features listed on Steam are completely missing. The price was reduced to less than $15 in order to squeeze as much money from the game before it dies. I repeat: do not purchase this game, you will not get what you think you are getting. The game is also pay to play and it has an free to play store to milk for even more money. This is an obvious cashgrab.
  31. Dec 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. No point in reviewing this. The videos speak for themselves see youtube. Don't Buy It! Since I have to make it 150 characters. Don't be the girl that wanders into the house and explores because she was told there was a monster inside. Let me just say that there is no reason for this thing to be out in the wild other than for an executive to make some sort of bonus. Expand
  32. Dec 18, 2012
    This game had so much potential, but the greed of the developers is really something to behold.

Not happy with failing to deliver on the promises made to the game community, they decided to ignore all feedback, put the game onto steam before its anywhere near ready, and then try and milk money from the players by enforcing a pay to win system. Want to revive your dead character

Want to revive your dead character quicker than 4 hours? PAY!

Want to play without getting killed on sight? PPPAAAYYY!!!

Want to be able to enjoy the game you were promise? PPPPPAAAAAA... Oh wait, that's right, That thing was a lie!

Don't waste your money, until this developer gives the people who bought it what was promised!
  33. Dec 18, 2012
    This game was great at the start! Then the f*cking devs randomly banned me! There costumer support sucks, and they say that they have banned every hacker. I would have much more luck climbing a ladder with nothing but my bare nipplez than to get good customer support. The producer of this game said that they would temp ban you first then perma ban you next, BUT NO! THE F*CKERS INSTA BAN URThis game was great at the start! Then the f*cking devs randomly banned me! There costumer support sucks, and they say that they have banned every hacker. I would have much more luck climbing a ladder with nothing but my bare nipplez than to get good customer support. The producer of this game said that they would temp ban you first then perma ban you next, BUT NO! THE F*CKERS INSTA BAN UR ASS WHEN YOU ARE A LEGIT PLAYER. The game is really really good, but its run by sh*tbrained b*tches. Expand
  34. Dec 18, 2012
    False advertising galore. Feature list not in game. Pre-Steam mention of no charge for basic feature then they put charge in for clan slots and now increase death time from 1 to 4 hours unless you spend micro-transaction to revive.

Stay away for at least end of January until their features might be out and if they do a 180 with their business practice, otherwise stay the hell away from that game.

It has a lot of potential but they totally disregard their community and ban you if you speak against them, try to get you blacklisted on the forum, ban you if you bring up the hacking issue whether on their forum or on Steam.

Total dictatorship money grabbing pigs. Hope they learn and evolved. Will let you know if they do. I'm especially frustrated because the game has potential but this is the worse company so far I've seen with borderline illegal commercial practices.

I'm so pissed at them since I've met some great people in the game but I don't trust them so I have to speak against them until they change their practices.
  35. Dec 18, 2012
    Pre-ordered the game early October and was in since the first few hours on the 15th. I was really looking forward to this game and all the things it was supposed to be based on the interviews and how the game was described, but by now it's very clear they've taken a very different course. There is essentially no game features implemented as of yet, and even the animations andPre-ordered the game early October and was in since the first few hours on the 15th. I was really looking forward to this game and all the things it was supposed to be based on the interviews and how the game was described, but by now it's very clear they've taken a very different course. There is essentially no game features implemented as of yet, and even the animations and environments which they all borrowed from the free to play game they based the game off. If you've played War Inc., think of having a bunch of nearly harmless npcs running around and a few weapon reskins. The overwhelming lack of professionalism from the developers is incredible, as you can easily find with a quick search. Misleading is the best word you can use for their sporadic communication. This game will end up free to play if it ever does make it to an actual 'Release' by any proper standards. Do not buy this game. You will regret it, as I do. Expand
  36. Dec 18, 2012
    After giving this game the benefit of the doubt, after accepting and being aware of the fact that it is Alpha/beta test, and that I've only pre-ordered the game whilst being "allowed to test".. The recent alienation by the developers is one step too far (4-hour character respawn time). This game does have potential, but more and more it seems that it's becoming "pay to win". I for oneAfter giving this game the benefit of the doubt, after accepting and being aware of the fact that it is Alpha/beta test, and that I've only pre-ordered the game whilst being "allowed to test".. The recent alienation by the developers is one step too far (4-hour character respawn time). This game does have potential, but more and more it seems that it's becoming "pay to win". I for one will not spend one more penny on this game, until such times as I am satisfied that the developers are no longer blatantly milking players for cash. For me, this will probably be a year or more.

What a waste.
  37. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is blatant fraud. It states it is in a "Feature Complete" state, when none of the initially described features exist. The amount of hackers this game has is UNACCEPTABLE. There are hacks in this game you may have never even experienced before: speed hacks, aimbots, invisibility, infinite health. All of these hacks in a 'survival' game where your only real enemy is the onesThis game is blatant fraud. It states it is in a "Feature Complete" state, when none of the initially described features exist. The amount of hackers this game has is UNACCEPTABLE. There are hacks in this game you may have never even experienced before: speed hacks, aimbots, invisibility, infinite health. All of these hacks in a 'survival' game where your only real enemy is the ones you'll never see. I give this game a 0/10, because the devs of this product are blatantly lying to their consumers.

Some of the features The War Z markets that do not exist:
    -Skill System -Majority of buildings explorable (Most are infact UNEXPLORABLE)
    -Water is a barrier (Cannot swim)
  38. Dec 18, 2012
    Games is unfinished, it's still in alpha, but they selling it as it's full version which is not. Devs trying to cover their lies with banning people. Worst game of century, or even all time.
  39. Jan 17, 2013
    IT'S A TRAP!!!!! Don't buy this game! It's TERRIBLE and nothing but a SCAM!!!! Save your money and buy something else. Wait for DayZ Standalone, buy Arma 2 and get the DayZ mod. Buy something but this piece of sh*t
  40. Dec 18, 2012
    No fun, lame, looks cheap, dev team are spreed lies as hell. Pay to win. Animations unreal. World is streached, you feel like a dwarf if u look at doors. Play the original, DayZ SA.
  41. Dec 18, 2012
    This is not a legit game. This is a very good attempt at scam. I regret buying this game every time i see its name. Screenshots are nothing like game. Bad business decisions- selling non working mod with micro transactions for 15bucks, also selling game before for 25$ and saying its cheaper than realise price which is obviously not
  42. Dec 18, 2012
    Lies, lies, lies and more lies.
    Hacker-ridden cheap rip-off that will suck money out of you for absolutely 0 content. A month ago this game was hiding behind alpha/beta excuse, now it's a foundation release but nothing have changed. Terrible gameplay, terrible graphics and frankly, lying about 2 years of development backfires badly. Avoid at all costs!
  43. Dec 18, 2012
    This is an obviously unfinished product marketed as a complete game. The developers changed the Steam store page after a huge influx of complaints. Poor game play on a horrific engine. The best thing I can say is that the ambient sounds are okay.
  44. Dec 18, 2012
    To many lies, we waiting for results, Servers, Friend Systems and so mutch more.
    I see nothing of them.... nothing. The Game is boring ATM, i play it for the Development and you
    take it on Steam ? We wait for the Patches....

the game sucks o.o
  45. Dec 18, 2012
    Please save your money and stay away from this game... This game is horrible, its filled with players who would rather kill you, there are no skills even though it is advertised, This company has also lie to consumers on Steam, posting it up without revealing that the game is still in beta. The only safe places are these "villages" where you do nothing besides log out your character toPlease save your money and stay away from this game... This game is horrible, its filled with players who would rather kill you, there are no skills even though it is advertised, This company has also lie to consumers on Steam, posting it up without revealing that the game is still in beta. The only safe places are these "villages" where you do nothing besides log out your character to use an account warehouse style inventory. You cant build a safe house... You will most likely be killed by a player so i wouldn't use any of the "Premium" items u would spend real money on because you will drop those items when killed as well.

Had this game been a private server and play with friends instead of a public server game... I believe it would have been much better.
  46. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is terrible. They advertise one thing, but what you get is something else. It is a game made out of lies by the developers. It is a poor mod of War INC. Do NOT buy this game. It is nothing more than a hasty put together, with new skins and a new map. Basically WAR INC with zombies. Just to ride the hype of DayZ and earn a quick buck. The developers lie to you, and what they haveThis game is terrible. They advertise one thing, but what you get is something else. It is a game made out of lies by the developers. It is a poor mod of War INC. Do NOT buy this game. It is nothing more than a hasty put together, with new skins and a new map. Basically WAR INC with zombies. Just to ride the hype of DayZ and earn a quick buck. The developers lie to you, and what they have promised you will get in the game. Will never happen. Stay away from WarZ Expand
  47. Dec 18, 2012
    The game had potential and a team that seemed to care about their community. At first. Then they showed their true colors and showed they only care about their own greed. Pay to revive instead of waiting 4 hours, pay if you have a big clan and you can also pay for food! Then they rushed to release on steam under the false pretense of this being a "Foundation release". In no way, shape orThe game had potential and a team that seemed to care about their community. At first. Then they showed their true colors and showed they only care about their own greed. Pay to revive instead of waiting 4 hours, pay if you have a big clan and you can also pay for food! Then they rushed to release on steam under the false pretense of this being a "Foundation release". In no way, shape or form can this be classed as any release. Even the blind fan boys and fan girls call this beta. Sergey Titov, you and your community/forum moderators are slowly, no quickly destroying destroying this game by getting rid of anyone who posts suggestions that may be negative towards your game. I gave the game 2 out of 10 because it has potential to not derail itself but land back firmly on its tracks. Though with all these shambles you keep making, I believe you may have no idea how to fix this. In my opinion, this is a huge shame as I enjoyed the promises you gave us but if I am truly honest, I have lost all faith that you will deliver on half of them, let alone all.

P.S this is coming from someone who wasn't that impressed by Day Z. Before anyone claims I am a Day Z fan boy.
  48. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is a poorly done imitation of other Zombie survival games. It lacks originality and direction and gives the appearance of being out for a fast buck. I am surprised that steam would even offer a game like this
  49. Dec 18, 2012
    One of the biggest jokes in gaming this century. Complete and obvious lies from the developers on a regular basis. This is rumor or opinion, it's fact. And I don't mean simple errors in patch contents or anything, they have bare face lied on a number of occasions.

The game itself could have some potential if it wasn't for the complete idiocy of the developers and moderators.
  50. Dec 18, 2012
    Wow..I prefer to comment on the games that I actually love and I'm usually on the defending side when it comes to flame wars but I HAVE to criticize this game because this kind of behavior is just unacceptable. The game has absolutely nothing that improves upon DayZ which this game is copied from. If this game took the elements from DayZ and made it better I'd call it a good game. If itWow..I prefer to comment on the games that I actually love and I'm usually on the defending side when it comes to flame wars but I HAVE to criticize this game because this kind of behavior is just unacceptable. The game has absolutely nothing that improves upon DayZ which this game is copied from. If this game took the elements from DayZ and made it better I'd call it a good game. If it was exactly the same, a rip-off. Now I don't know how to call it if it actually took most of the elements from DayZ and made it worse, added a pay-to-win micro-transaction items that get destroyed upon death. Yes, there's a pay-to-win in-game shop and yes, you lose the purchased items if your character dies. This is terrible for both the ones that buy the items and those who don't while devs take the money. The graphic's very bad aside from some of the skies yet poorly optimized. Terrible sound effects aside from gun sounds. The UI is meh and the FoV is so limited. Gameplay is downright boring and the map is too small and poorly designed. The game is pretty much in early-Alpha stage yet they sell the game as if it's finished and even advertise the features that aren't even in the game. This is unacceptable! I've always hated those enraged 0 rating votes but I'd actually give this game minus score if there was one. I don't care if you get enough enjoyment out of this for $14. Don't support this kind of behavior! Expand
  51. ref
    Dec 18, 2012
    Absolutely sickening. I had the displeasure of getting a guest pass a week or two ago to try this title, and within 10 minutes I had enough. Hammerpoint Studio lead Sergey Titov is notorious for helping design some of the worst games ever received (Big Rigs: Over the Road) and War Z is no exception. All this company and him want is money, and they are trying to cash in on the success ofAbsolutely sickening. I had the displeasure of getting a guest pass a week or two ago to try this title, and within 10 minutes I had enough. Hammerpoint Studio lead Sergey Titov is notorious for helping design some of the worst games ever received (Big Rigs: Over the Road) and War Z is no exception. All this company and him want is money, and they are trying to cash in on the success of Day Z.

Visuals are dreadful, and the optimization rivals such polished titles as GTA IV for PC. Sound is terrible.

Gameplay is 100% completely identical to Day Z, however, it's done MUCH worse (and keep in mind, Day Z is in ALPHA). To also try and make more money, they added in a cash shop, which most people know DOES NOT BELONG IN A GAME LIKE THIS.

The company randomly bans people (mostly users with high game time, as they think it will make them buy the game again), hesitant to offer refunds (luckily, since I never owned the game, I never had to go through this), blatantly lies, bans people criticizing the game. They are shady, and I wouldn't trust them with my money. The company is shady, unprofessional (Sergey Titov can barely speak english), and the game is also a rushed, unpolished abomination that they are trying to sell now in these stages as they know when any professional reviewer plays this load of turd, it will be panned, AS IT SHOULD.
  52. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is defined as an MMO. Despite this, it is definitely not an MMO. Massively Multiplayer pertains to a persistent world which does not exist in this game. Instead, you have servers with "batches" of 50 people you can play with.

The texture quality, especially the grass is quite awful. It is impossible to see in grass while proneing at all. The money shop gives players huge

The money shop gives players huge advantages for those that use it and really punishes players that dont.

The game on STeam also says an 100km world and multiple maps, despite the fact that War Z only currently has 1 map and it is not even 100km.

The game is very much INCOMPLETE. I could go into horrible detail about how this game has missed the mark. I could understand, if this game was an Alpha. However, this is supposed to be version 1.0 and version 1.0 is a disaster. Not a good buy, dont waste your money.
  53. Dec 18, 2012
    Horrible game. It is ridden with bugs and runs like **** on even great computers. Avoid this game at all costs and just wait for DayZ standalone to come out.
  54. Dec 18, 2012
    Horrible badly designed game. A blatant rip off of DayZ, and not even a very good one. Makes you pay for the alhpa, and then still has a real money cash shop. Filled with hackers and bugs, not worth the money. Check out Totalbiscuits video on it to see just how bad it is.
  55. Dec 18, 2012
    I think they could have a great game here. Just when we start thinking there are some good things going on, they make updates and changes that are again for more money to play and win. For instance, The four hour re-spawn time will not stop me from playing, but it may make a lot of people only be able to play for about 4 hours a day.

Think about it... Average time frame of a players

Think about it... Average time frame of a players life after re-spawn about 15 minutes if not spawn killed. Four hour wait time between being killed. You will get to play for little over an hour and then have to wait 4 hours. There will be three times a day you can play.
  56. Dec 18, 2012
    WarZ is a reskin of War Inc. made to ride on the coattails of Day Z, they are charging people to even play the game (something DayZ doesn't do) and hasn't updated much in the past few months. Admins are known to ban you for random in hopes to rebuy an account. The game has absolutely no anticheat device, there are hackers on every server. Barely could I play even just 1 hour withoutWarZ is a reskin of War Inc. made to ride on the coattails of Day Z, they are charging people to even play the game (something DayZ doesn't do) and hasn't updated much in the past few months. Admins are known to ban you for random in hopes to rebuy an account. The game has absolutely no anticheat device, there are hackers on every server. Barely could I play even just 1 hour without meeting a noclipper, aimbotter, or speedhacker.

even on ultra settings the graphics are absolutely hideous. it has one of the worst texture quality and texture popping I have ever seen. the game itself plays extremely choppy and chunky. animations are horrendous, Zombies often bug out and spin in circles. Items you buy with real money will be lost if you die. half of the advertised features on the steam store page are not even implemented. it basically looks and plays like an alpha. it is clearly unfinished but they actually charge their alphatesters money.
  57. Dec 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The developers don't know what they are doing with this game and most of the promised features are not in the game yet.
    They even unban cheaters when they ask for it because their anti-cheat doesn't work properly.
  58. Dec 18, 2012
    OK hammer point has lied to the community and numerous occasion's and ban's way to many innocent people for there so called anti cheat , witch has many flaws if its even real and doing ban's on illegal placed items is absurd.Banning people on forums for them speaking there mind on the game is also absurd.So much for treating the community good.
  59. Dec 18, 2012
    Well, I bought this game some months ago, as an alternative to DayZ since my friend could not play it, and I will admit, it was fun for a great while, and i managed to cope with the sporadic changes in everything they felt was needed. (not to mention the dev team is the single absolute worst team i have ever had any form of contact with, not to mention incredibly unprofessional) Then, cameWell, I bought this game some months ago, as an alternative to DayZ since my friend could not play it, and I will admit, it was fun for a great while, and i managed to cope with the sporadic changes in everything they felt was needed. (not to mention the dev team is the single absolute worst team i have ever had any form of contact with, not to mention incredibly unprofessional) Then, came the "release" of the game on Steam, naturally it comes with publicity and the general public was not the clingy, well known fanbase they possessed at an earlier date, so upon receiving criticism the updates got a little more out of hand. Which cause the almost constant neglect of their patrons to become quite a problem, and would mask completely out of the blue updates with that the community asked. Then the consistent micro-managing came along, as if the marketplace wasn't enough of a foreign element, they quadrupled the spawn time, simply to make another quick buck (mind you, hacking, cheating and common game breaking glitches have been in since the release) so they wait until the last minute when they are cornered by unfunded review makers to changed what the community has been asking for the entire lifespan of this game now. And if this list and many more things were not ruining the game already, They have LOWERED the standard price of the game $10 and RAISED the reward of paying $25 for people after the "release." If it were not for the fact I actually have a decent account going for some months now, I wouldn't bother with this release at all. Save your money for something different. Expand
  60. Dec 18, 2012
    The War Z is DayZ with better graphics. The War Z has many features that rip off from Dayz. As stated in earlier reviews, it has many bugs/glitches. If you are willing to spend the extra $10 on ArmA 2, I would favor that over buying this game. Not only does ArmA 2 have mods like Day Z, it has mods like Wasteland Mod. You are getting a much better value with buying ArmA 2 over The War Z.
  61. Dec 18, 2012
    this game is a lie, it is a pay to play game that wouldn't even serve the people who payed with the kinds of features this game would need to pull some enjoyment out of it. Do not buy this game. The world is huge, yes, but it is mostly empty uninteresting space that you will have to tediously traverse. there is one map, there are supposed to be missions created by the players but i haven'tthis game is a lie, it is a pay to play game that wouldn't even serve the people who payed with the kinds of features this game would need to pull some enjoyment out of it. Do not buy this game. The world is huge, yes, but it is mostly empty uninteresting space that you will have to tediously traverse. there is one map, there are supposed to be missions created by the players but i haven't seen anyone use this because the majority of your time and energy spent in this game will be spent avoiding other players because the game is balanced so that it is advantageous to spawn kill noobs as they leave the base and there are no protections for new players as they first venture out of the safe zone. this game is poorly balanced, poorly designed, does not include most of the features it says it will include, and would be pay to win if you could win, ever. Oh and did i mention that even off of hardcore mode you lose all of your items when you die and have to wait an hour to respawn. if that doesn't dissuade you then you and this game deserve each other. i promise you wouldn't enjoy it anyways. Expand
  62. Dec 20, 2012
    This game has a TON of potential. And when you find a game without hackers and play with a friend you can have a lot of fun.

However right now, the Devs (through unprofessionalism) and hackers are destroying the game. Not to mention the Devs are a PR nightmare. Building the game on the engine of another game, stealing artwork from other sources (The Walking Dead). Acting like spoilt children on the forums. Random bans for no reason. Straight up lying about game features (all screen shots on the website are fake and do not represent the game at all).

Fact is, this game could be really great. But the devs need to start acting like honest professionals and not snake oil salesmen with a bad attitude. And they need to fix the biggest problems with the game, namely the BS nickel and dime transactions and the hackers.
  63. Dec 18, 2012
    Great idea for a game. You take the zombie survival of the Arma II mod: DayZ, and you turn it into an MMO, where you can fight other players and scavenge for loot. However, the development angers its impatient fans, for their slow development, lack of informing the community of changes, and failing to deliver certain promises. Many players argue that it is only in beta, but the developersGreat idea for a game. You take the zombie survival of the Arma II mod: DayZ, and you turn it into an MMO, where you can fight other players and scavenge for loot. However, the development angers its impatient fans, for their slow development, lack of informing the community of changes, and failing to deliver certain promises. Many players argue that it is only in beta, but the developers fail to give out enough testing. Instead they test the gameplay themselves without using feedback from the community. Great idea and concept, but poor execution. I would buy this game while it's cheap, because of its potential. Expand
  64. Dec 18, 2012
    I gave a 5 because of the potential I see in the game. I play the game frequently, run my own guild of 160+ members, was even a moderator for the game's forums for a time, and have been a supporter since the forums first opened (registered 22nd on the forums). Community relations (or lack thereof)... I don't blame Hammerpoint as a whole because there are some good people working for thatI gave a 5 because of the potential I see in the game. I play the game frequently, run my own guild of 160+ members, was even a moderator for the game's forums for a time, and have been a supporter since the forums first opened (registered 22nd on the forums). Community relations (or lack thereof)... I don't blame Hammerpoint as a whole because there are some good people working for that company. But there have been some major errors made by some major people in that company and it's destroying the community and Hammerpoint's reputation. Hammerpoint needs to act more professional. Insulting members of the community, constantly putting out deadlines for various features that they miss, showcasing features in the game like they are there but are not, etc. There have definitely been times they (mostly just Sergey) have blatantly mislead or misdirected the community about a plethora of things and it destroys the trust between consumer and developer. To be perfectly blunt, Sergey needs to keep his mouth shut. Stop using "english is his second language" as an excuse. He has openly insulted players, thrown out multiple blatant lies, and because of his horrible English makes the company look amateurish. His arrogance will be the company's downfall. Let other's like Tyler (JonnyTruant) or Patrick (Kewk) do the talking and handle the PR. Every time Sergey opens his mouth a disaster happens.

The game... It was originally (and still is) showcased as a zombie apocalypse survival MMO. It's not. It's a FPS game set on a wide open map where you collect guns and other supplies in the field. There is no survival aspect to this game, and zombies are not a threat (they did add more zombies recently to the game which helped, but it's still not close to where it should be). Basically PvE doesn't exist, it's 99% about the PvP. So for people buying this game because they think it'll be about surviving the harsh realities of a zombie apocalypse, wait to buy it. It's not there yet. We still need probably double the amount of zombies we currently have, we need zombie infection, we need harder PvE gameplay. We need injuries, hunting, making fires, fighting off sickness, etc. MAKE IT ABOUT TRUE SURVIVAL. Right now I have 50 guns, dozens of armors, 100s of food/water/bandages, etc... I'm not surviving, I'm thriving. And this is only after 18 days of looting since the last wipe.

Core features like skill trees, driving cars, harder PvE content, SERVER RENTALS (which have gotten pushed back probably 3-4 times now), player-generated missions, expanded safe zones, do not exist but the website advertises it like they do. It's misleading and ruins the credibility of the company. DO NOT ADVERTISE FEATURES IN THE GAME THAT DO NOT (YET) EXIST.

I still play the game because I have an amazing guild and I enjoy parts of the game, but it has a very long way to go.
  65. Dec 19, 2012
    This game has great potential, but has its glitches, company issues etc. If Hammer Point sorted out its need for money, and took out most of the gold coin transactions it would be a great game. They also need to stop saying things will be done soon when there not, and need a straight time period of a patch.
  66. Dec 21, 2012
    After the recent changes, I have now changed my rating to a 10. Let's hope they keep making community changes. The reverting of the 4 hour lockout period has changed my gameplay to more positive, in contrary to the previous. Now onto private servers!
  67. Dec 18, 2012
    I've had War Z (Legend Package) since the very beginning and since then I've easily put over 100-hours into it. It's by no means a finished product, but despite that it's still a game that gives me and my friends a lot of satisfaction. At its best The War Z gives a real sense of tension and some adrenalin fuelled fire-fights, something that after 25 years of gaming (I'm 35) I struggle toI've had War Z (Legend Package) since the very beginning and since then I've easily put over 100-hours into it. It's by no means a finished product, but despite that it's still a game that gives me and my friends a lot of satisfaction. At its best The War Z gives a real sense of tension and some adrenalin fuelled fire-fights, something that after 25 years of gaming (I'm 35) I struggle to find. There is a tonne of negativity surrounding this game, which for the most part is unfair. I would urge everyone to ignore all that and look for honest and unbiased appraisals of the game before deciding to buy or not. That said there is still a lot to be done to get this game to where it should be, and I'm hoping the development team can ride the current storm and achieve their goals. I have to judge this game on the amount of time it's kept me playing, and all I can say is that it's the best £ I've spent on a game in a long time (and I spend _a lot_ of £ on games). For me, the key features that they need to be adding are all around the dynamics of the game: i.e. different types of zombies, e.g. specials with different behaviour and attack patterns, wild-life (for food), more reasons to team-up with other players, vehicles (on the next and larger map), proximity voice chat, radio chat, dynamic weather, more buildings and outposts to explore on the map etc. In addition there are balancing issues that need addressing, such as the 'low gfx' settings that give an unfair advantage to those running them.

For the record, I'm a big Day Z fan and I'm looking forward to the Standalone, it will be interesting to see which one I ultimately invest the most amount of time in. At the moment I'm thinking it will be War Z.
  68. Dec 18, 2012
    A much better game then its reputation. Dont belive all the scam lies about this game.

Have had some of my more intense ingame moments in this game. Its a thrill.
  69. Dec 18, 2012
    I loved the game before the 12/14/2012 patch.
    pvp is really the only fun thing about this game. zombies are way too easy to kill and they're just annoying to deal with.
    pvp and looting other players corpses is a lot of fun to me. you get an adrenaline rush after player kills because others can watch you in third person mode and wait for you to run by then kill you. It gives you a lot of
    I loved the game before the 12/14/2012 patch.
    pvp and looting other players corpses is a lot of fun to me.
    you get an adrenaline rush after player kills because others can watch you in third person mode and wait for you to run by then kill you. It gives you a lot of paranoia in populated areas of the map :)

coming from a veteran fps player, this game is a very refreshing fps experience that no fps title in the past 10 years has given me.
  70. Dec 18, 2012
    While this game definitely has stumbled in the PR department, I have enjoyed my time playing since it launched in October. Overall, the game plays smoothly and fills a action/arcade/survival niche of the Zombie Game department. It doesn't take itself as serious as DayZ does but is not a "Rail" shooter like the Left 4 Dead series is. The Development team is also very good at respondingWhile this game definitely has stumbled in the PR department, I have enjoyed my time playing since it launched in October. Overall, the game plays smoothly and fills a action/arcade/survival niche of the Zombie Game department. It doesn't take itself as serious as DayZ does but is not a "Rail" shooter like the Left 4 Dead series is. The Development team is also very good at responding to and respecting players wishes. Every time I log in, I get a new chance to comment on how I feel the game should be improved thanks to voluntary surveys. Its not a finished game by any means but its getting a lot of things right if you can get past all the hate mongering. Expand
  71. Dec 18, 2012
    Don't buy into all the nerd-rage, it's great value at $13.50 and a heap more fun than Day Z Mod, especially played with friends. Will be interesting to compare it to Day Z Standalone.
  72. Dec 18, 2012
    Game is great and a lot of fun a lot of people are complaining about stuff not being in the game but the devs are working hard on following there timeline they put on the forums. The game is still under development so just play and have fun.
  73. Dec 18, 2012
    I normally don't write reviews but after reading some of those reviews I had to put in my two cents.

First, notice that all those negative comments are saying "Day Z is better!" That may be true but this is not day z and you shouldn't hate it because some game similar to it is better. Rate games on how good it is, not how good its competition is. Graphically it is not spectacular.

Graphically it is not spectacular. It looks like it should be made 5 years ago graphics wise. Its not all bad though. I see things and can instantly recognize them. Graphics are not important to me much and so it is not weighted much in my over all rating

Game play is fantastic. It is a zombie survival horror game. The game play is exactly what you expect. You start off some some food, drink, medicine, and a low tier weapon. Than you proceed to scavenge for more of everything. Save crap in your global inventory and be happy. Yes they have an item mall but you can only buy what you can find normally, you can find currency in game, and its not smart to spend real money because the second you die you lose all your gear.

Sound is pretty good. I don't much care for sound in any game but this game its so so. You do make sound when you walk on other surfaces, gun shots are unmistakable (it even makes that ricochet sound when a bullet hits a rock close by you). There isn't really any music but there is mood setting sounds occasionally. I guess its what you expect; from a zombie survival horror.

Story is non existent. This is not bad though, in fact this is good. Its what makes this game special. Its a sandbox type of game similar to Mount and Blade. You forge your own path and do what you want.

Over all I give this game an 8 out of 10. it is REALLY fun and will play it a lot. (played it 10 hours nonstop on launch day). However, it can improve a lot, and according to the developers. My mid 2013 it will have a lot better about it (they list what they want to add and when they expect to do it).

And on top of all of this the game is only $15. When compared to a normal $60 game this is a great deal! Go buy it before they do take it out of beta and jump that price up to $60.
  74. Dec 18, 2012
    i love this game, i am not going to use the "its still in alpha beta excuse". but this game still has a chance of surviving and i will keep playing it. the only bad part is the hackers but hopefully they really do have a anti-cheat engine lolol Overall its only 20-30 bucks and you get to be a part of a game that might be a hit...who knows
  75. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is great. I've played it since November 27 and, while there are some miscommunications and glitches, this game is overall great. It is still in development, but has many great features. There are a mid-range of weapons to choose from, with more on the way in the future. The map, over 100sq km, is big enough for the moment. I hardly ever run into hostile players, and nothing ofThis game is great. I've played it since November 27 and, while there are some miscommunications and glitches, this game is overall great. It is still in development, but has many great features. There are a mid-range of weapons to choose from, with more on the way in the future. The map, over 100sq km, is big enough for the moment. I hardly ever run into hostile players, and nothing of any hackers that have been reported. I've managed to get guns several times, as well as rare armor and items. As an overal game, I give it an 8/10, due to the fact it has some features missing and the developers are sometimes distant on information. Expand
  76. Dec 18, 2012
    The War Z is a lot of fun. I'd give it two thumbs up. One of the best things I love about this game is the death system. In most MMO's death is simply a minor inconvenience -- you die, you re-spawn at the alter with all of your gear, and maybe suffer some repair costs. In The War Z, when you die, you lose EVERYTHING and must wait out the revive timer before being able to play the sameThe War Z is a lot of fun. I'd give it two thumbs up. One of the best things I love about this game is the death system. In most MMO's death is simply a minor inconvenience -- you die, you re-spawn at the alter with all of your gear, and maybe suffer some repair costs. In The War Z, when you die, you lose EVERYTHING and must wait out the revive timer before being able to play the same character again. This really makes death in this game significant. No other game gets my heart pounding and my palms sweaty like The War Z. When you have a backpack full of loot, and you hear the sound of footsteps from another player, or gun shots nearby..... Oh man, it's game on! Expand
  77. Dec 18, 2012
    The WarZ is still developing and i think it got great potential, i like the sandboxy aspect of the game atm. The biggest problem being the hackers and the really hard start for new players. Lots of things need to be fixed but im pretty sure the evolution will come quickly.
  78. Dec 17, 2012
    Excellent game. I used to play DayZ before i found this game and while they are similar, The War Z has many aspects that make me enjoy it far more than i ever did with dayz. I would defiantly recommend it to other people who are fans of realistic zombie games.
  79. Jun 12, 2014
    This game is absolutely horrendous. The game is absolutely full of hackers who can purchase stolen or sold accounts for less than 2$ so they will never go away. I strongly advise anyone to stay away from this game. It's not even bad to the point of being able to laugh it's so bad it's actually frustrating to think anyone could have possibly releasing a game in the state that it's in. InThis game is absolutely horrendous. The game is absolutely full of hackers who can purchase stolen or sold accounts for less than 2$ so they will never go away. I strongly advise anyone to stay away from this game. It's not even bad to the point of being able to laugh it's so bad it's actually frustrating to think anyone could have possibly releasing a game in the state that it's in. In the 2-3 years the game has been out not a single thing has changed besides the addition of vehicles (which were promised 2 months after the game launched) and the constant changing of loot tables to squeeze as much money out of it's community as possible. Expand
  80. Jul 18, 2013
    Needs PVE, and of. Others are okay with the whole PVP thing but in the end, it is unplayable because of people killing you... ALL THE TIME! The developers are con artists, it's boring and is pay to win. Please DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!
  81. Jul 15, 2013
    I got about an entire 20 minutes of playtime, if you can call it that. No tutorial, no directions, no idea how to play, where to go, or what to do, before I was logged off the server and permantly banned with the message "You have been permantly banned for hacking." I've never "hacked" anything in my life, and wouldn't even know where to start.
    After a brief investigation, I discovered
    After a brief investigation, I discovered this game use to called War Z, and had a horrible user rating of only 13. It initially released stating a ton of features it simply did not have, and is now known for taking people's money and immediately banning them.
    Check any forum anywhere related to gaming, and you'll find a ton of such stores. Even their own FaceBook page is full of them (until the moderator gets their and deletes them. They deleted over twenty in just the last 15 minutes before I posted this).

Don't buy this game. It's just a greedy money grab
  82. Jul 18, 2013
    WarZ or infestation survivor stories is the worst game i have played in quite a while. This game is a sad excuse of a great concept. It was released in the boom of DayZ and promised to bring you a fun zombie experience. The game was clearly rushed to release so they could pray on DayZ's success and what we got was a bug filled experience riddled with hackers and exploiters pay to win pileWarZ or infestation survivor stories is the worst game i have played in quite a while. This game is a sad excuse of a great concept. It was released in the boom of DayZ and promised to bring you a fun zombie experience. The game was clearly rushed to release so they could pray on DayZ's success and what we got was a bug filled experience riddled with hackers and exploiters pay to win pile of garbage. The developers were shady banning people who demanded for a refund blackmailing them and treating them like dirt. They made all these high and mighty claims to be in development before DayZ was but have no evidence to support this. The developers should be ashamed of themselves for creating this disgrace to the video game industry. They should apologies for this sad state of a game but they wont because they have already gotten what they wanted some quick cash from the hard working gamers. To the people who support this game you are sadly misled you should not support these developers and defend them you call us bad or kids because we expect good fun games in this day in age. We should be rallying to remove this joke of a game from the steam store so no more have to buy this broken boring and just junk game. Infestation: Survivor Stories (aka) WarZ should be used as an example for developers as to what not to do. Expand
  83. Jul 11, 2013
    Funny how they changed the name and removed metracritic rating on steam. Almost got me. I don't recommend this game to anyone, I will rather recommend L4D or Dead Island if you want to kill zombies.
  84. Oct 21, 2013
    Those devs abused a popular thing and made this cashgrab, their steampage is filled with lies, the game is filled with microtransactions such as if you don't pay your respawn time is multiple hours and much more. Avoid this game at all cost.
  85. May 10, 2013
    So i been playing this game since it came out was good at the start but now... there are so many bugs in this game that make everyone not want to play it anymore...if the developers would actually have got a better anit cheat this game would not have the problems they are having now Aimbot/Esp/Superman jump/ no cilp never able to log on servers.. getting ddos by all the hackers.... andSo i been playing this game since it came out was good at the start but now... there are so many bugs in this game that make everyone not want to play it anymore...if the developers would actually have got a better anit cheat this game would not have the problems they are having now Aimbot/Esp/Superman jump/ no cilp never able to log on servers.. getting ddos by all the hackers.... and yeah... i would love to see this game go far.. but untill they get a new anti cheat system this game will be done in 1 month tops.... PS check out the websites where u can get hacks for this game for FREE!!!! Expand
  86. Aug 28, 2013
    This game takes zombies and sucks the fun and horror out of them. Terrible game play and it's riddled with hackers everywhere. Not to mention they are making me purchase it again after I bought it already, Which I will not be doing again.
  87. Jul 18, 2013
    DO NOT BUY THIS GAME

The worst garbage I've had the misfortune of playing. Boring, bugged to hell, hackers and exploiters everywhere. The devs are complete morons.
  88. Jul 15, 2013
    Infestation is worst game zombie also the servers are very very slow also the damages the weapons aren't realistic.it's bad game.
    so you shouldn't spend money on this game.
  89. Jul 31, 2013
    Reçu en cadeau Steam de la part d'un pote... j'en suis arrivé me demander s'il m'en voulait pour quelque chose. Ce jeu est une foutue punition. Le concept de départ (survie entre potes dans un monde infesté par les zombies) était carrément sympa mais la mise en pratique est tout simplement ratée, tant au niveau du gameplay que par l'attitude générale des joueurs de la communauté quiReçu en cadeau Steam de la part d'un pote... j'en suis arrivé me demander s'il m'en voulait pour quelque chose. Ce jeu est une foutue punition. Le concept de départ (survie entre potes dans un monde infesté par les zombies) était carrément sympa mais la mise en pratique est tout simplement ratée, tant au niveau du gameplay que par l'attitude générale des joueurs de la communauté qui s'acharnent en faire un mauvais FPS. Expand
  90. Jul 31, 2013
    With massive bans of player base, and Hackers plaguing the War Z, this game is awful. Even unplayable, the dev team is unprofessional and unethical, with a bushiness plan to ban players to cause them to re-buy the game disguised as "banning hackers" the fun of this game died long ago, along with the zombies it portrays. Google war z hacking, bans, etc. even former dev members confirm theWith massive bans of player base, and Hackers plaguing the War Z, this game is awful. Even unplayable, the dev team is unprofessional and unethical, with a bushiness plan to ban players to cause them to re-buy the game disguised as "banning hackers" the fun of this game died long ago, along with the zombies it portrays. Google war z hacking, bans, etc. even former dev members confirm the unethical behavior of the dev team. Expand
  91. Aug 30, 2013
    Played on a friends account for a while, during which time I had the pleasure of being killed by droves of aim-boting, wall-hacking, super-jumping, esp-using hackers, or just all the random glitches in the game, or poor server stability. While running from one area of the map to another with my friend, I was suddenly instant killed by the server and banned, no warning or anything. AfterPlayed on a friends account for a while, during which time I had the pleasure of being killed by droves of aim-boting, wall-hacking, super-jumping, esp-using hackers, or just all the random glitches in the game, or poor server stability. While running from one area of the map to another with my friend, I was suddenly instant killed by the server and banned, no warning or anything. After contacting Hammerpoint, they said I had been banned for hacking (the audacity!), refused to provide any specifics or proof of such a claim, and informed me that my account would remain as such permanently. After much coercion from my friend to buy the game again so we could continue playing together, I caved in and started all over again for the $15 price. Considering my friends all had better skills and equipment at this point, I spent quite a bit of time over a few days farming zombies for the meager amount of exp you get. While clearing the airport of zombies after playing for practically all day, I was suddenly instant kill and banned AGAIN! Once again Hammerpoint wanted me to re-buy the game. At this point of course it's obvious that this game is nothing more than a marketing scam, and a poorly implemented one at that. Suffice to say after such a bad experience for such a piss-poor game, hell will freeze over, at least twice, before I would spend one minute playing this sorry excuse for a game again. Expand
  92. Sep 1, 2013
    Just do to all the stupid positive reviews... Almost all of the users behind the positives reviews are fake.....................................................
  93. Sep 4, 2013
    Pathetic attempt at a cash-in on the booming popularity of DayZ from 2012. At least after the name change from WarZ to Infestation the two aren't easily confused as the developers had originally planned.
  94. Sep 27, 2013
    Bought 2 copies of this so my Grandson and I could play together. Spent over $100 in one month on it so we could get gear and have a private server, had fun together for about a week. Dev's are really a piece of work, they banned my account, no reason given, so we couldn't even use OUR OWN server. Dev's do not respond to any of our support tickets. This game has a lot of promise but theBought 2 copies of this so my Grandson and I could play together. Spent over $100 in one month on it so we could get gear and have a private server, had fun together for about a week. Dev's are really a piece of work, they banned my account, no reason given, so we couldn't even use OUR OWN server. Dev's do not respond to any of our support tickets. This game has a lot of promise but the Dev's are not to be trusted. Banning me made no sense at all. I'm 60 years old and old school enough not to use ANY kind of cheats. I normally wouldn't bother with writing a review but they have really pissed me off. My advice DON'T buy this game run away very far away. Expand
  95. Oct 13, 2013
    Do not purchase this game. Avoid, avoid, avoid. Terrible game play, horrific AI, etc. Hackers made game completely unplayable for many months but even now that the hackers are less frequent it is still an absolute turd of a game. Horrific use of in-game real money shop to purchase items before you spawn, then it is possible for your character to die within 1 minute of spawning and loseDo not purchase this game. Avoid, avoid, avoid. Terrible game play, horrific AI, etc. Hackers made game completely unplayable for many months but even now that the hackers are less frequent it is still an absolute turd of a game. Horrific use of in-game real money shop to purchase items before you spawn, then it is possible for your character to die within 1 minute of spawning and lose everything. AVOID. Expand
  96. Oct 25, 2013
    Everything about this game is a lie, they claim to have started making it before Dayz no proof, false advertising on the steam page and microtransaction on a paid game
  97. Oct 25, 2013
    Absolute garbage, they tried to ridiculously copy the amazing game DayZ but did a pretty poor job... The game developers are not professional, I could say that they are amateur based on the troubles that have occurred concerning the naming rights of the game... Well, absolute trash, a cheap attempt to copy the success of DayZ but as you'll see it's way inferior as a game experience justAbsolute garbage, they tried to ridiculously copy the amazing game DayZ but did a pretty poor job... The game developers are not professional, I could say that they are amateur based on the troubles that have occurred concerning the naming rights of the game... Well, absolute trash, a cheap attempt to copy the success of DayZ but as you'll see it's way inferior as a game experience just wish I could give it a -1 score. Expand
  98. Oct 31, 2013
    There's not much more to be said about this since both critics and users have panned this so badly. However, since I moronically gave Hammerpoint my money I think stopping others from doing so is the only retribution I have.

This game could be fixed by only ONE feature and that's private servers (that you don't have to pay for/host yourself). I think I was under the impression I COULD do private servers when I bought it (had I only known). The game is wrought with so many hackers and bugs it's a vicious cycle trying to spawn, gather, (server-hop if threatened), run to safe zone. What happened to no 'pay-to-win' microtransactions? Buying rare backpacks and ammo in the store certainly seems like a big help in 'winning'.

I honestly can't even waste any more time on going into further details about why this game is so horrible. If I can get one person considering this game to not buy it I've done my job. Seriously, stop, go buy DayZ or support the ArmA developers and get the original mod.
  99. Nov 20, 2013
    This game is a complete shame to all pc gamers.THIS GAME IS TERRIBLE.Complete ripoff of dayz,and it's way worse.Glitches,hackers,stupid zombie ai,PAY TO WIN,horrible textures and skins and so on.
    Basically,it's not a zombie apocalyse survival simulator,it's a free for all with some glitchy and op zombies amongst. DO NOT BUY IT,YOU WILL BE SCAMMED
  100. Aug 25, 2013
    I tried to look passed the poor behavior of the developers (which I definitely regret), but the game still failed me. I first tried playing on a server with about 70+ people. I ran around killing zombies with my flash light while players were continuously banned. Eventually as I was running clueless through an endless forest, I got banned. I joined another server after that and itI tried to look passed the poor behavior of the developers (which I definitely regret), but the game still failed me. I first tried playing on a server with about 70+ people. I ran around killing zombies with my flash light while players were continuously banned. Eventually as I was running clueless through an endless forest, I got banned. I joined another server after that and it didn't get any better. The zombies were very glitchy and got stuck a lot, but other than that it ran fine. I had no lag or anything (and usually do not with my internet connection), so I'm not sure why I got banned. Not worth the measly $4 I paid for it. Expand
  101. Dec 19, 2012
    1- Poor community in-game
    2- They push back basic features, and they did it many times
    3- Purchase the game on steam for as cheap as the packages that were not available anymore 4- Hackers (less, but still) 5- Lack of significant patches (not many items are actually implanted) 6- Very hard to play by yourself (the way the game is made) 7- The map is stunningly smaller than it was
    1- Poor community in-game
    2- They push back basic features, and they did it many times
    4- Hackers (less, but still)
    5- Lack of significant patches (not many items are actually implanted)
    6- Very hard to play by yourself (the way the game is made)
    7- The map is stunningly smaller than it was announced to be

1. Mar 7, 2013
    Its mechanical foundation - like this Foundation Release - crumbles at the lightest touch. [March 2013, p.94]
  2. Feb 22, 2013
    The War Z has about as much value as its crappy in-game melee weaponry and that’s not much at all. At least it doesn’t cost anything to play after you buy it, and the cash shop items are fair enough, so you won’t see people running around with machine guns just because they spent money. If you’re going to give your money to a zombie-survival game, grab ArmA II and a copy of the DayZ mod, or wait for the full retail version of DayZ to arrive on digital store shelves and check that out. Do not buy into The War Z.
  3. Feb 5, 2013
    The War Z might use the same elements that make DayZ an enthralling experience. But it puts them together so halfheartedly that you have to turn away in disbelief.