1.7

Overwhelming dislike- based on 4014 Ratings

1. Oct 11, 2014
    Worst game ever. The developer should pay us for even trying it out. No support, free to hack, basically nothing good has come out of this game, and properly never will. Game developers bans people for "free speech", but not hackers, for ruining the game even more.
  2. Dec 19, 2012
    I played the game at a friend's house and found it to be pretty boring as well as a blatant rip off of the DayZ mod for Arma 2. I've also seen the articles that describe all the shady stuff the developer has tried to do with the game's steam page and the micro-transactions. My advice to everyone would be to steer clear of this game if it ever reappears on Steam (it was pulled earlier today).
  3. Dec 19, 2012
    The game is bad. A big rip off and a pretty obvious scam. With that said...

The game is bad. A big rip off and a pretty obvious scam. With that said...

If you like paying for finished games and don't like being lied to or mislead, this game is not for you. It is simply unfinished and with so much controversy surrounding it, it is clearly something you should avoid. If you want someone with the same style but free and acknowledging that it's just a beta, try DayZ, the game WarZ ripped off.
  4. Dec 19, 2012
    THIS GAME SUCKS

i rather shoot myself in the head then too ever play this crap again i rather be tortured with a chainsaw then this this game is soooo bad that it should have died on the drawing board END OF REVIEW
  5. Jan 15, 2013
    This game is good, despite what people say. If they focus on fixing everything and on keeping Titov quiet, they might actually have a decent product on their hands.
  6. Jan 13, 2013
    Game is fine if you have to know that those screenshots aren't fake at all there is that is going to be put in the game and soon but its ok they are updating the game at a reasonable fast rate and asking the people what they want in the game which is very good in my opinion. Also the "clan" system isn't real money at all you just need to get 20 hours which is fine the real money part isGame is fine if you have to know that those screenshots aren't fake at all there is that is going to be put in the game and soon but its ok they are updating the game at a reasonable fast rate and asking the people what they want in the game which is very good in my opinion. Also the "clan" system isn't real money at all you just need to get 20 hours which is fine the real money part is just if you want to expand your clan beyond 20 people. Graphics are the last thing in my head about this game but they are updating them also in these little things called patch's but yea game is fine get a set of friends tho you will need to survive. Expand
  7. Mar 5, 2013
    Not worth a penny. The game is a pain to play. There are no weapons to be found anywhere, and if there are, then another person is already camping the place or it's filled with zombies that runs faster than you and can damage you, while you have no chance of fighting back. The zombies also look like crap and could look as if, you were playing the game on a PS1. Some of the othergraphicsNot worth a penny. The game is a pain to play. There are no weapons to be found anywhere, and if there are, then another person is already camping the place or it's filled with zombies that runs faster than you and can damage you, while you have no chance of fighting back. The zombies also look like crap and could look as if, you were playing the game on a PS1. Some of the othergraphics however are decent, though they're filled with glitches and doesn't match how much the game consumes of the PC. Not to say I had any difficulty playing it at ultra settings with 60 framerate, but a lot of the game just really does look as an old PS1 game. Gameplay, well after 4 hours of trying I didn't get to that thing just yet, because every time I tried, well I died. The game neither does give you any training so you're on your own from the start, which can be very difficult. The game doesn't deserve ANY recommendation by me and I hope those "developers" do something about the game, when I paid my hard-earned money on such a disaster Expand
  8. Jul 29, 2013
    The game had a really rough launch and it was clear that hackers, bugs and other stuff ruined a big part of the game. The first day I tried it, I was alive for about 5 minutes when I was shot. I was like "Bullsh*t!". So after playing it a few days I really thought it was the biggest waste of money ever. So I had a break, but after a while it came to me that I've never experienced the sameThe game had a really rough launch and it was clear that hackers, bugs and other stuff ruined a big part of the game. The first day I tried it, I was alive for about 5 minutes when I was shot. I was like "Bullsh*t!". So after playing it a few days I really thought it was the biggest waste of money ever. So I had a break, but after a while it came to me that I've never experienced the same tension in a game like this before so I gave it another go. Yes, I was shot a few times again, but you can compare this game to let's say, Counter-Strike. If you haven't played it before you will start the game and get shot round after round, and so you'll ragequit. When I got back to The War Z, or now Infestation: Survivor Stories I managed to find some gear and a gun after working hard, and at this point today I am actually doing well, having some backup gear in my global inventory and always a gun and some bandages at my side. All the reviews I've read is stating that it was made to rob you from money by the real-money system, but looking further into it, you can buy almost the exact same things from in-game money which is dropped by zombies. And yes, you'll most of the time see 2 dollars, 4 dollars, 38 dollars, but it doesn't take many zombies untill you find a stack of 1000 dollars. I was so lucky to find 10k in a stack. Yes, the zombie AI is pretty low, but it is a dead guy walking. All zombies in every movies/game ever is stupid as hell. So, yes, the zombies are stupid and 1 zombie or 5 zombies doesn't compose a big threat, but when you find yourself in the middle of the night in an airport, or militarybase, and the noise you make suddenly requires you to run or even open fire, those 500 zombies who rise from the grass and chases you suddenly becomes a bigger priority than anything else. When people complain about being shot all the time, I can't help to think it's their own fault. You run around on a big map, and of course you wanna get from point A to B as fast as possible, but if you start running in a straight line on an open road you make yourself a human target. That's why there's grass, trees, crouch and prone mode to sneak around. Check your back, stop up and look around, before charging into a town or city. I think the people behind was at the same stage I was at my first few days. When you get into it, this game is so amazing and has so much to offer. They have great graphics, the atmosphere is tense and depressing so you really get the feeling that you are all alone, and there's no dear momma. You will never feel as frightened as when you hear a nearby gunshot, or when you see another player walking around. It's like when you hear a noise in the dark all your senses are are crystal clear and focused in a split-second. I've never stumpled upon a game that gives the same excitement as Infestation: Survivor Stories when you find a nice item, the same reward whether it be loot or just the feeling inside, when you've won a fight or the same tense feeling when you see or hear any sign of another player because you'll never know if it will be you or him who leaves alive.

I'll give it an 8. It has been out for half a year now and they have had plenty of time to make even simple fixes. Implementing Punkbuster seems to have gotten rid of hackers (and still is, as you find your chat spammed with players who are banned!) Infestation: Survivor Stories is a game that puts you on the edge of your chair with a raised heartbeat and adrenaline pumping, it is truly a game worth giving a(nother) shot!
  9. Jun 19, 2013
    This game is a game. The only worse scam I can think of is colonial marines but its a close call. It was removed from steam as for being false but steam brought it back recently. Nothing has changed, steam dont really care and just want to rip you off, The War Z developers are still incompetent. The only upside if that if your a developer and you see a CV with any of "those" names on itThis game is a game. The only worse scam I can think of is colonial marines but its a close call. It was removed from steam as for being false but steam brought it back recently. Nothing has changed, steam dont really care and just want to rip you off, The War Z developers are still incompetent. The only upside if that if your a developer and you see a CV with any of "those" names on it you can put it straight in the shredder without wasting your time. As a scam it was lucky. Steam actually did more to create a successful scam than War Z did though as most of us probably wouldnt have touched it otherwise. The sad thing about games like this is that they undermine community funding and support for titles which are realistically positioned advertised and supported. Many indie companies ARE doing a good job and DO try to meet expectations. These guys never did. Expand
  10. Dec 21, 2013
    Jogo muito FODAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  11. Dec 27, 2013
    Since the beginning of the game, people have been B*tching about how the Devs are so terrible, and people even claimed that they planned on sacking the project and running away with our money.
    Here we are, almost in 2014, and not just is the game still around, it's better than ever! There are VERY FEW issues, that I've experienced in my ~240 hours of game-play, and playing CO-OP with a friend is the highlight of the game.
    The Devs have learned from their early mistakes, and are doing things much more professionally now. I do not consider myself very good at this game, but it's still fun to play, and well worth the $7.49 that Steam is selling it for right now.

PROS: Easy to learn, (compared to other games like DayZ), fun Solo or CO-OP game-play, constant developments in the game make it interesting.

CONS: Graphics are 50% good, 50% bad Example: The graphics in the background (mountains, trees) is quite good, where as the close up graphics (Zombies, melees, weapons) is quite bad. As a new spawn, you will probably be gunned down by a long time player, with a machine gun.

Overall I would highly recommend the game. I've played about 240 hours off-and-on, and it's still such a fun passtime. Also, those of you who have declared the game terrible in the past: I urge you to try playing it again. The newest updates have greatly improved the game.
  12. Dec 29, 2013
    Is currently the best and most complete game of survival! There is nothing when it was warz! Complete system of crafting, reputation and experience, but is still in development.
  13. Jan 6, 2013
    It's a low quality game, but is it worth $15? Yes. I do have fun playing the game, trying to go around areas undetected by zombies and other players who kill on sight. It's a game about surviving, and that's what you are trying to do 100% of the time. There is so much room for improvement. I just hope the developers actually listen to the suggestions they are getting for new features.
  14. May 4, 2013
    Fui hackeado, não posso entrar mais na minha conta, o suporte deles não ajuda, ou seja não estão nem ai para você, desistam desse jogo, não comprem, a melhor coisa que faz para o seu dinheiro!!!
  15. Feb 27, 2013
    people rip on this game from the hacker issues well i didnt complain and played through the tough times. warz is now becoming a fantastic game it is a fun game to play with friends. i believe it has some downfalls like it not having cars or more guns but i would recommend
  16. Mar 11, 2013
    The War Z has a horrible reputation, that alone will drive away many potential buyers. For that same reason I did not purchase the game until only recently. After playing for a few days I will say that I am actually having fun. I play with one of my friends and we have a blast sneaking through dense zombie infested regions to get those few cans of food or that bottle of water (or if we'reThe War Z has a horrible reputation, that alone will drive away many potential buyers. For that same reason I did not purchase the game until only recently. After playing for a few days I will say that I am actually having fun. I play with one of my friends and we have a blast sneaking through dense zombie infested regions to get those few cans of food or that bottle of water (or if we're lucky a new weapon.) And then the thrill of hearing nearby gunshots and praying they are not meant for you is a pleasant change in the world of fast paced FPS games. What really made me purchase this game, though, was seeing that the developers were releasing new patches constantly. To me that means they really are trying to get the game to where everyone will like it. Hammerpoint clearly isn't a pro though and it is taking time. I like to think of the game at the moment as an in an alpha phase, and now that I purchased it I get to watch it grow and hopefully bloom. Expand
  17. Dec 19, 2012
    The War Z is an obvious grab for cash after the Day Z craze, but still has its merits. It improved many things that were flawed in Day Z, such as loading times and UI. Zombies are also much smarter than they were in Day Z, and actually will quit following you after a while, whereas in Day Z zombies would chase you until you made them go up a hill. However, the zombie AI isn't great, andThe War Z is an obvious grab for cash after the Day Z craze, but still has its merits. It improved many things that were flawed in Day Z, such as loading times and UI. Zombies are also much smarter than they were in Day Z, and actually will quit following you after a while, whereas in Day Z zombies would chase you until you made them go up a hill. However, the zombie AI isn't great, and you can pretty much outsmart them by jumping on boxes, where they cannot hit you, or jumping through windows. The zombies are glued to the ground basically, and will not walk through anything that isn't a doorway. If you've played Left 4 Dead, you will be very disappointed in the zombie AI.

There is no voice chat. Day Z had voice chat, yet this is still not implemented. Honestly, there are a lot of features that are already in Day Z that haven't even been put in War Z. I also feel the sneaking around zombies was much better in Day Z, but that's because the engine was made for that kind of stuff. The game is also a lot smaller than Day Z, which is a good and bad thing. It doesn't feel as much like a hike to get from town to town, as they're pretty close together. This does mean that there is fewer towns and thus more interaction with other players. This is probably the reason that most of the servers are capped at only 50 players. There are 20 servers that are capped at 100 players, but if you go to those expect to be killed by a hacker, because 90% of the playerbase hacks. Oh, and there is a river that flows through the middle of the map that you can't swim through, because you can't swim. The only way to get to the other side is to literally follow it until it ends, then go around. This is really stupid.

Overall, I rate it a 5 because its an unfinished game, and still somewhat fun. I don't think it's completely horrible; if it gets updated it could be a solid 7. If they, at the very least, add in all the features that Day Z currently has it would be a decent game. I probably would recommend this game if you liked Day Z, its not horrible, but just needs a bit of updates.
  18. Jan 8, 2013
    I am going to try and be as objective as possible with my review. I can say from first hand experience and many hours of game time. This game is unfinished. Keeping that in mind, it is very fun in it's current state. Most of the reviews I've seen for this game are on the extreme side of negative for one reason or another. Gameplay: This game is hard. It is unforgiving at times. TheI am going to try and be as objective as possible with my review. I can say from first hand experience and many hours of game time. This game is unfinished. Keeping that in mind, it is very fun in it's current state. Most of the reviews I've seen for this game are on the extreme side of negative for one reason or another. Gameplay: This game is hard. It is unforgiving at times. The learning curve is steep. This does not make this a bad game. Once you learn how to collect weapons without dying. (easier said then done) Your satisfaction will improve immensely. As of writing this review the game is mostly PvP. If you go into it not knowing that, It will be a hard pill to swallow. With more things to do promised in the future, everything is looking up.

Value: The game is 15 dollars. Not 15 on sale, but regularly priced at 15 dollars. I've gotten many hours from this and I can't see how I haven't gotten my moneys worth.

In the it's current state, I can understand why people aren't happy with this game. That being said, this game doesn't deserve a 0. It's a fun game and will only get better with time.
  19. Feb 26, 2013
    Fail start- Good end ?

Fail start- Good end ?

I purchased myself the standard edition, though i have read already all reviews about this game. However i was angry in the beginning after the purchase. The payment went okey same goes for the installation. I launched the game and i died, how come Spawn killing bandit on a random server. Been playing it for hours and i kept dying hour for hour. I was really angry. At one point on me, for buying this game and on the other hand on the developers. However, after i played it for around 1 month i realized its not such a bad game. Well it is, but not in all ways. You need much logical thinking, good knowledge of the map and stuff. You will surely keep dying in the first hours unless you have a partner with you. I was playing solo and i did not except dying and dying. You can have fun with this game yes but you should follow some rules. Do not join big servers, find good farming spots, trust noone. By following this simple 3 rules you can make up a good gear and then you are ready for action. The most annoying point about this game are not the 35 bugs i counted but the same linear action. You spawn, farm weapons and gear, kill zombies or players get to the sage zone, hide stuff and you start again with Point 1. I hope the developers will include more Feautures till now its a bad game developing to a casual pay2win mmo for days when you have really nothing else to play 5/10
  20. Mar 9, 2013
    I really don't understand people that write reviews since they didn't even try the game. The only mistake the publisher made was the "Steam question". You can't even think to put something unfinished on Steam. So the self-called "experts" could vomit what they would on this mediocre game. I think War Z is highly improvable but it's not the "Big Rigs" they want us to believe. It's a goodI really don't understand people that write reviews since they didn't even try the game. The only mistake the publisher made was the "Steam question". You can't even think to put something unfinished on Steam. So the self-called "experts" could vomit what they would on this mediocre game. I think War Z is highly improvable but it's not the "Big Rigs" they want us to believe. It's a good idea that have some difficult to separe his idea of gameplay from Day Z's one. Premises and (mostly) promises are really encouraging. The game itself is really fun (if played in co-op) and the "surviving atmosphere" is well-given. Expand
  21. Mar 25, 2013
    You know, it's true what people say. A blowjob in the morning DOES make your day better. Oh this has nothing to do with War Z, you think? Good eye, brother! That's because this game is a money making scandal that copies everything about Day Z (The Arma II mod) and puts a price on it. I'm going to give you one simple hint: keep those 15 bucks, buy yourself some candy and enjoy yourselfYou know, it's true what people say. A blowjob in the morning DOES make your day better. Oh this has nothing to do with War Z, you think? Good eye, brother! That's because this game is a money making scandal that copies everything about Day Z (The Arma II mod) and puts a price on it. I'm going to give you one simple hint: keep those 15 bucks, buy yourself some candy and enjoy yourself with that. You'll have more fun with the wrappers than War Z, trust me. Expand
  22. Oct 18, 2013
    Graphics [7] pretty good graphics, but badly optimised...
    AI zombies[8] you have to sneak past them, but they are strong in groups.
    Loot [6] Low ammunition Players [4] Most players kill you at sight, just for your loot and for their safety Graphics are badly optimised, you need a pretty good PC to run the game smoothly. The zombies are way less deadly
    Graphics [7] pretty good graphics, but badly optimised...
    AI zombies[8] you have to sneak past them, but they are strong in groups.
    Loot [6] Low ammunition

The zombies are way less deadly as the players who just go out and kill everyone.
    The low amount of ammunition is kinda part of the game though.
  23. Dec 19, 2012
    The game was hyped up by most of the community, now it is receiving hatred. The developers need to shape up, listen to the community and fix the game. Instead of spreading lies and then "apologizing", thinking that we will forgive them. People do your research before buying, at the least wait after several months. It is filled with hackers, exploiters. The community was kept in the dark.The game was hyped up by most of the community, now it is receiving hatred. The developers need to shape up, listen to the community and fix the game. Instead of spreading lies and then "apologizing", thinking that we will forgive them. People do your research before buying, at the least wait after several months. It is filled with hackers, exploiters. The community was kept in the dark. Hopefully the devs will shape up, fix the game. Expand
  24. Jun 19, 2013
    Ok So this game has gotten one of the worst receptions of any game I've seen in a long time, and that being said it did deserve it when it was first released, it was littered with bugs hackers and many other issues and while it's still far far far from perfect it's slowly but surely being rectified and i myself, have found myself playing it again with the installation of punk buster, andOk So this game has gotten one of the worst receptions of any game I've seen in a long time, and that being said it did deserve it when it was first released, it was littered with bugs hackers and many other issues and while it's still far far far from perfect it's slowly but surely being rectified and i myself, have found myself playing it again with the installation of punk buster, and numerous graphical and game fixes.

Now something i really feel that i need to tell you is that this game will constantly get negative reviews now simply because it had a bad reception on release i mean Ive read a lot of the recent reviews and people are still basing there opinions on what it was like in Alpha..... I honestly never expect this game to get an overall good review but i feel that any one considering buying this game should know the truth.

It's a playable and fun game with mates now that it's more or less hack free, there is a lot of promised new content such as cars new maps new weapons and so on, the game has a huge potential but without lying to you the game company running it is far from the best, but if you're willing to be patient i can assure you that for £10-15 it's money well spent if you play with your friends you can find whole days going by playing this game.
  25. Jan 18, 2013
    I have never experienced a bug, never been killed by a hacker, and never glitched or crashed. The major problems people were griping about have been fixed. Its been patched 6 times since Christmas. Gameplay videos on youtube are often set to low settings so that the person can record smoothly, on ultra/high settings the games actually kind of pretty. That being said, the developerI have never experienced a bug, never been killed by a hacker, and never glitched or crashed. The major problems people were griping about have been fixed. Its been patched 6 times since Christmas. Gameplay videos on youtube are often set to low settings so that the person can record smoothly, on ultra/high settings the games actually kind of pretty. That being said, the developer deserves all the bad press they got. They behaved shamefully. However, I really don't have time for video game politics. I've been waiting for a game like this for a long time, and DayZ is too simulation level hard core for me. Give this one a chance guys its worth it for $15. Expand
  26. Jan 15, 2013
    I wanted my first review to be a difficult one, so what better choice than The War Z? First off, I have to say that I've indeed played the ARMA 2 mod 'Day Z' and I wasn't impressed; though that's another review altogether. I bought The War Z very early by buying the "Pioneer" package which entitled me to some Gold Coins (which is the micro-transaction currency in the game) and jumped inI wanted my first review to be a difficult one, so what better choice than The War Z? First off, I have to say that I've indeed played the ARMA 2 mod 'Day Z' and I wasn't impressed; though that's another review altogether. I bought The War Z very early by buying the "Pioneer" package which entitled me to some Gold Coins (which is the micro-transaction currency in the game) and jumped in with some friends. The game was plagued with bugs, ran sub-par even on low settings, and I still managed to have an amazing time. There have been many improvements since then, but the fun has only managed to trend downwards. The biggest problem with this game (other than the angry children who only seem to see the game's shortcomings and the fact that I can't turn off global chat in-game) is that there is no real goal. You can collect all the rare weapons, kill survivors/zombies, traverse the massive countryside until you're mauled by an invisible hacker, but to what end? You can't grow your character, build a safe house and fill it with your loot, nothing to make you want to continue playing. The currently available map 'Colorado' is huge, which would be a good thing except all this really does for you is make it pain staking to reach the safe zone and store your items.

Basically, it's a game with a ton of potential and I truly hope they can work their issues out. Is this a good game in it's current condition? Absolutely not. Does it deserve thousands of 0 ratings from scrubs who played it for 5 minutes and got a refund? Absolutely not.
  27. Apr 16, 2013
    The War Z. One of the most pissed on games I have ever had the pleasure of playing, and I say pleasure based on how fun "The War Z" Tends to be.

Let's get this part out of the way, "The War Z" has so many issues, there are almost too many to count. While there are Graphical glitches, game play glitches and the overall lazy attitude of the Dev Team, makes "The War Z" pretty terrible to play. One of the worst features (while also being the best) is the cash shop. It works better than any cash shop of any F2P (Free to play) model video game on the market, and this is a pretty big problem considering it is NOT a F2P game, but B2P (Buy to play) model. The cash shop is also very expensive, and it is very easy to to just toss your money away grabbing some fantastic items, only to loose them to a hacker just waiting for someone to walk by.

There are a many great good things about "The War Z" as well.
    It is extremely fun. No matter how many glitches a game has, "cough cough, CS 1.6" games with glitches can be astoundingly fun, as long as the player can look past imperfections. We as gamers these days have been pampered with state of the art graphics, complete immersion, and a realistic sense to video games that is really a "Boner killer" when it comes to video games.
    Looking past that you can take random damage, that none of the equip items fit on the Female body, the Night vision goggles don't really do anything, is extremely laggy for no apparent reason on ultra settings and is made to be a "cash grab" (although what game isn't made to make money, I mean really guys. A point off because they want to make money?) I find "The War Z" to be one of the funnest games I've played all year.

A lot of people out there are saying that the "DayZ" "Arma 2" Mod is better. In certain aspects it is, and in others it isn't.
    "The War Z" controls are extremely easy to get used to, and isn't a whole war simulator just to kill some zombies. The amount of detail put into "The War Z" should give it enough credit to bring it to quite a high point scale.
    For $15, you can see for yourself how good this game CAN be. I mean, it's only a measly 15 dollars, and with the continued updates to make the game better, it is sure to be an "acceptable" game by priss video game standards.
    It's worth a try if you can get your head out of DayZ's butt.
    Thank you for your time spent reading my review.
  28. Jun 25, 2013
    I just bought this game with some tf2 items because some of my friends were playing it. I know that a lot of people says that this game is horrible, but I have a lot of fun with my friends playing it, I can't stop laughing when we scare the people with the pistols, killing zombies, epic fails, etc. If it is true that the game is beta, I will be very happy if the developers can finish thisI just bought this game with some tf2 items because some of my friends were playing it. I know that a lot of people says that this game is horrible, but I have a lot of fun with my friends playing it, I can't stop laughing when we scare the people with the pistols, killing zombies, epic fails, etc. If it is true that the game is beta, I will be very happy if the developers can finish this game and make it very awesome Expand
  29. Dec 19, 2012
    I have played this game for many weeks now, since the first initial alpha release and i have to say, it's not as bad as everyone claims. Sure, there is need for improvement, but at it's core it is a fun game to play. BUT, the developers are misleading and ignorant. The whole deal with the steam page is just disgraceful and they're blatant ignorance of hate towards the game as "DayZI have played this game for many weeks now, since the first initial alpha release and i have to say, it's not as bad as everyone claims. Sure, there is need for improvement, but at it's core it is a fun game to play. BUT, the developers are misleading and ignorant. The whole deal with the steam page is just disgraceful and they're blatant ignorance of hate towards the game as "DayZ Fanboys" is stupid. I find this game more fun than DayZ personally (was addicted to DayZ for months). Both have glitches, both have hackers. Both are fun. The only thing i dislike is the attitude of the devs in WarZ, they just seem to want to get as much money as possible and don't listen to the community as much. Rest assured they are trying to make a better game, but I feel that the overwhelming hatred from the community will eventually force them to quit and people will say "I told you so" when they caused the problem. I'd wait to full release to play. Expand
  30. Apr 9, 2013
    It isn't better than Dayz and won't be, however this game is worth playing for $15. The game continues to prove every 2-3 weeks with updates, so it's not a dead game. Also, it would be better with a better anti-cheat software for hackers. I'm playing this game while I wait on the Dayz SA. Hopefully, I can keep playing this game as it has a ton of potential. The game is fun now, but beIt isn't better than Dayz and won't be, however this game is worth playing for $15. The game continues to prove every 2-3 weeks with updates, so it's not a dead game. Also, it would be better with a better anti-cheat software for hackers. I'm playing this game while I wait on the Dayz SA. Hopefully, I can keep playing this game as it has a ton of potential. The game is fun now, but be warned that you can't trust anyone (for the most part) like in Dayz (lol). I think people hate this game because it's a tough game and the hackers. I would give it a try if you like zombie games. 8.3/10 is the rating I'd give it. Expand
  31. Mar 5, 2013
    The War Z, where to start...
    Firstly I'm amazed of the poor "critic" reviews, highly unprofessional, for instance PC gamer, whom I thought were serious goes on and on about it beeing a DayZ knock off, same goes for MMORPG.com et.c.
    Of course it´s a knock off, we'll be seeing more of them too, hell DayZ IS knock off period. Also, before I get labeled a "fan boy" you should know that I am
    The War Z, where to start...
    Also, before I get labeled a "fan boy" you should know that I am a Day Z fan (teh horror a day z fan beeing positive about the war z..) and are eagerly awaiting the stand alone game.

Anyway, the War Z, I've been around since the alpha release and have seen all the problems people go on about there still are tons of problems and all the promised features haven't been put in yet, however it is playable and quite enjoyable at that.

However, if you´re looking for a finished product my advice is to wait, this has a ton of potential, but isn't quite there yet, as I said it's allready quite enjoyable, but still.
  32. Mar 7, 2013
    Jeux encore en BETA, donc plein de bug de son, surface a corriger!
    Sinon le principe est assez simple.. et accessible a tous le monde!

Ya plusieurs mauvais point, comme des bon!
    A vous de voir... Personnellement jaime bien le jeux.. sa vos 15$
  33. Dec 18, 2012
    I think the game is pretty good so far in general however..

I think the game is pretty good so far in general however..

I bought the pioneer package at the start of alpha for $30, one thing that I don't really think is a good idea is the cash shop revival system pretty much the cash shop in general if I paid for the game already why should I dish out more cash? Kinda stupid in my opinion. Just remove the cash shop completely or turn it all to in game currency....
  34. Dec 19, 2012
    I have been here since alpha, day one gamer. there has been many many many improvements over time. it is ok game. there have been too many broken promises, they said it would not be pay to play, it is. said there would be private servers, there not here yet. they said there would be friends list, and the game was un-hack able, bold statements, I know, there are hackers, but they are not asI have been here since alpha, day one gamer. there has been many many many improvements over time. it is ok game. there have been too many broken promises, they said it would not be pay to play, it is. said there would be private servers, there not here yet. they said there would be friends list, and the game was un-hack able, bold statements, I know, there are hackers, but they are not as many as people say. the hate here is on the broken promises, and them putting it on steam in a un fished state, and it being too much like war inc. if this game keeps improving, which I think will, it will be a great game. needs to be a reputation system Expand
  35. Dec 19, 2012
    This is only alpha they will improve everyting im sure about th
  36. Jan 6, 2013
    Yes, they stole their ideas, were rude to customers, stole images, and are overall a poor company. But, the game is fun to play. The interface is a little more mainstream then Dayz and this makes it more Newb friendly. The hate is from people wanting to hate it. It is a game stolen and it is okay.
  37. Jan 24, 2013
    Was looking for a game like this, I played dayZ and love that game. WarZ has a lot to build on bring potential to its foundation version. They update a couple times a month adding new item, building, artwork, a good player bad player element, and will soon be skill tree. Understanding that it is a work in progress and is constantly being worked on and improved.
  38. Jan 4, 2013
    Its an average game that at times makes your kidneys wrench and your gut whirl in paranoia, not knowing what is behind you shumbling at you or a fellow survivor staring at your figure through a gun and deciding. The War Z may have it's ups and downs but it attempts to stay above and make contact with its userbase.
  39. Jan 29, 2013
    I've never seen a more undeserved rating. Granted, the game is rough as **** but it's 15 dollars. You will not get a better game for that price anywhere. If you did buy an expensive package and didn't research beforehand, I have no sympathy for you. Would you go buy a car because the commercial made it sound awesome? No. You ****ing research it. This many tears haven't been shed since 911.I've never seen a more undeserved rating. Granted, the game is rough as **** but it's 15 dollars. You will not get a better game for that price anywhere. If you did buy an expensive package and didn't research beforehand, I have no sympathy for you. Would you go buy a car because the commercial made it sound awesome? No. You ****ing research it. This many tears haven't been shed since 911. The internet is and has been filled with controversy over this game for months. If you dropped 30 or more dollars on this without researching it, it's on you. The devs are jackasses, there's some hackers, it needs work, etc. But the game is absolutely worth 15 dollars. Also, bugs and glitches are quite overstated. Lack of new content is hurting this game. Expand
  40. Jan 7, 2013
    Purchased this game on Steam (which fails to acknowledge that it is still in beta on the War Z store page) and requested a RMA 4 hours later. I feel my time is better spent with the fantastic Arma II mod, Day Z. With War Z currently in beta at the moment, you will find broken game play and environments; from invisible walls to glitchy life ending hill drops to spotty AI. I feel your moneyPurchased this game on Steam (which fails to acknowledge that it is still in beta on the War Z store page) and requested a RMA 4 hours later. I feel my time is better spent with the fantastic Arma II mod, Day Z. With War Z currently in beta at the moment, you will find broken game play and environments; from invisible walls to glitchy life ending hill drops to spotty AI. I feel your money is best saved for its final release, if by then it is fixed too . This is the problem Expand
  41. Feb 21, 2013
    All in all my hope for The War Z is crumbling. The standalone version of the Arma2-Mod DayZ is going to kick WarZ's ass if it does not get quickly better There were some minor improvements but still it tastes like a DayZ clone.
  42. May 23, 2013
    Despite all the criticism of OP productions and the poor job of the developers, this was still a fun game. Once the first hacker purge occurred you could actually play it. Lack of actual content was its downfall. This game shines when you are in a clan. Traveling with your mates is a fun time.
  43. Jun 21, 2013
    Personally I love Infestation. I've played The War Z since launch and have always had a good time while playing. I feel that if Steam Early Access was available when this game came out the reviews would be different but everyone is giving reviews on a game that is being worked on. I tried to keep my review to myself till it was out of beta but some people just don't read the website or arePersonally I love Infestation. I've played The War Z since launch and have always had a good time while playing. I feel that if Steam Early Access was available when this game came out the reviews would be different but everyone is giving reviews on a game that is being worked on. I tried to keep my review to myself till it was out of beta but some people just don't read the website or are too thick skulled to realize the game isn't finished. Expand
  44. Aug 7, 2013
    Great game, getting better now just taking a little bit of time here and there. Game in my opinion was released early and had many bugs which is why many people complained the game was bad for Hackers etc... The game still remains to have Hackers on but from the 200 hours i've played of it i've only ever witnessed possibly 1 and he got banned too. The developers are hunting down on hackersGreat game, getting better now just taking a little bit of time here and there. Game in my opinion was released early and had many bugs which is why many people complained the game was bad for Hackers etc... The game still remains to have Hackers on but from the 200 hours i've played of it i've only ever witnessed possibly 1 and he got banned too. The developers are hunting down on hackers and are concentrating on bringing in new updates to make the community happy. From what i've seen the Hammerpoint company have been looking into the game more and have been trying to release some awesome new stuff. Only problem i would say is the 'Market place' i dont really like the idea of it. It makes an unfair advantage to players who can buy things and to players who cannot. Also GC is quite pricey in the Market place and items have been given a higher GC count for example; the personal locker was 110 GC the next day i checked it was 250 GC...
    Overall this game has been fun and exciting to play especially with a team! I just hope the company decides to not ruin the game too much and improve by adding things the Community wants more often.

-Fix the bugs
    -Fix the FPS for players with certain PC's
    -Add cars? Add the new maps?
    Game would be 10/10 then hopefully!
  45. Dec 19, 2012
    Lack of Quests, Missions, Story or anything of the sort will put many people off. If you like the sandbox survival genre, you will like War Z. it is very similar to that of Day Z. Will not argue which is better as it will just lead no where. I do believe that this game is definitely not getting the fair shake with all the people dragging it through the mud, and basically putting liesLack of Quests, Missions, Story or anything of the sort will put many people off. If you like the sandbox survival genre, you will like War Z. it is very similar to that of Day Z. Will not argue which is better as it will just lead no where. I do believe that this game is definitely not getting the fair shake with all the people dragging it through the mud, and basically putting lies out there on the net Expand
  46. Dec 18, 2012
    I purchased War Z back in October and I ordered the Legendary addition. Shiny badge was almost enough for me as it was.. The GC was a bonus and I liked the concept of the Stronghold servers. But even so, this game has its problems. Here are the major issues: Hackers, DeV team clashing with their fragile community, features and updates are NOT being flushed out in a more organized andI purchased War Z back in October and I ordered the Legendary addition. Shiny badge was almost enough for me as it was.. The GC was a bonus and I liked the concept of the Stronghold servers. But even so, this game has its problems. Here are the major issues: Hackers, DeV team clashing with their fragile community, features and updates are NOT being flushed out in a more organized and reasonable fashion, Hammerpoint has been pulling off a lot of questionable moves and comments that have many in the community extremely worried.

What Hammerpoint needs to do from here now is take a serious look at themselves and see what they are doing right and what they are doing wrong. Communication to the community on the War Z forums should be more important than third party gaming news websites interviews.. yes.. we know about those. Second, they need to crack down on these hackers. Go after the source, not just the problem. Start going after these sites that are creating and SELLING these hacks. Isn't it against the law to illegitimately hurt another business and their products?

Then from their, they need to get organized.. big time! They need to quit dishing out small patches and start going big, add NEW things.. Like how Minecraft does it. Then patch what gets broken later.

This game has potential still to be great. There is still time for them to fix this and they have to start, NOW!
  47. Dec 18, 2012
    having the potential of becoming an "Okay" zombie game if there are PvE mode, because PvP is very much out of hand in this game. Too many server hoppers and people with awesome gears mowing down new players, thus making the game unplayable for new comers.

Also many glitches not been fixed, along with cheaters.. Although if you find a friendly group or playing with a group of trusted

Also many glitches not been fixed, along with cheaters..

Although if you find a friendly group or playing with a group of trusted friends, this game is pretty fun..until the cheaters show up and kill you all with a flying aimbot.
  48. Dec 21, 2012
    I think the game is fun, when I'm not getting shot at by EVERY person I meet. I mean, I'll talk to someone in a safe zone all friendly and as soon as I leave the protected area I'll hear shots and find out they were tracking me. Beyond this, I've enjoyed my time in game but I wish they had a couple PVE servers. Funny how what I don't like isn't the game, instead it's the gamers.

I

I bought the game in Beta status so I knew it was incomplete. I was surprised that it released on Steam and I completely understand how everyone felt purchasing the game as it was when it didn't meet the didn't meet the detailed specs. I was also upset with the change in respawn time. I believe the company made a number of huge marketing boners, but I don't dislike the game because of it.

Although still playable on Steam, the game is no longer available for purchase from Steam. I've heard that the respawn change has also been redacted. The price of the game has dropped to $15 with no subscription fees. For what it is, a game still pretty much in the beta state, I think it's worth playing.
  49. Jan 7, 2013
    "Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma--which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary." -"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma--which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary." - Steve Jobs - February 24, 1955 - October 5, 2011 RIP Expand
  50. Feb 15, 2014
    A total rip off cash in, avoid at all costs. I gave this game the benefit of the doubt but in the end its all about maximising profit whilst giving the player a very simple and boring experience. Im surprised its not made by EA.
  51. Feb 3, 2013
    ok i dont know why people complain so much about the game its very good. people say there is so many bugs and glitches keep in mind its still in beta still far from release so stop complaining nowhere near done ive killed so many people complain about getting killed by hackers ive been killed once by a hacker out of 2 and a half months of gameplay a lot of times people kill you becauseok i dont know why people complain so much about the game its very good. people say there is so many bugs and glitches keep in mind its still in beta still far from release so stop complaining nowhere near done ive killed so many people complain about getting killed by hackers ive been killed once by a hacker out of 2 and a half months of gameplay a lot of times people kill you because they see you 1st and they keep watch of you and when they think its a perfect chance to attack they attack sometimes you can try to come back sometimes no they instantly kill you that means they hack? no means either you suck or there just a better player so people have to stop complaining just cause they suck or they got killed they start whining and report so yea i recommend this game for zombie lovers stop listening to all the haters just cause they suck at the game thats ignorant Expand
  52. Dec 19, 2012
    First off I have been playing this game since it came out back on October 15 th, and i will be the first one to admit it has a lot of problems and the Dev's have not followed through with some of the things they said they would. Many things need to be fixed and/or completed but still a enjoyable game none the less especially in a group setting. The zombies are not what they should be andFirst off I have been playing this game since it came out back on October 15 th, and i will be the first one to admit it has a lot of problems and the Dev's have not followed through with some of the things they said they would. Many things need to be fixed and/or completed but still a enjoyable game none the less especially in a group setting. The zombies are not what they should be and the game does need some serious optimizing but i am able to run it just fine on high settings, not with the FPS i am use to but problem free none the less. This game is a work in progress and has great potential and should not be written off so quickly , especially if the Dev's would stop worrying about the little things in the game and move on to the RPG side of the game to give it more balance. Long story short this game is enjoyable it will make you laugh it will make you cuss and yes maybe some crying in there as well. Happy gaming. Expand
  53. Jan 14, 2013
    so Warz is a super cool game you just do not get in the game with a rating on it is good or bad and spend a little more than an hour on it any time with a friend but quickly becomes caught up in it and can not get enough there many bugs but you do not think much about it when you first started with the
  54. Mar 11, 2013
    This is the best game ever 10/10 must buy, most innovative game of the year. Beautiful graphics, fascinating lore, brilliant story, deep character design. What more can I say? Get this game now, what a bargain for just $15.

Just kidding lol.
  55. Mar 22, 2013
    "Haters gonna hate." I can truly say that this game is underrated due to the hater.There were mistakes which the game's company did but this reason can't make the game trash.They're trying to make this game better nowadays.They release new updates at least once in 2 weeks.That's good for a game which is still developing.If you're reading this post and about to buy this game, just buy"Haters gonna hate." I can truly say that this game is underrated due to the hater.There were mistakes which the game's company did but this reason can't make the game trash.They're trying to make this game better nowadays.They release new updates at least once in 2 weeks.That's good for a game which is still developing.If you're reading this post and about to buy this game, just buy it.I believe that other reviews are written on purpose to damage the game... Expand
  56. Dec 19, 2012
    You guys are too rough on the game. Yes they did advertise features that are not yet present, but the game right now is quite fun. Actually, I play a LOT of games, and this might the one where I've had the most fun with my friends, ever. You form a squad, hold tactical positions and formations, learn to properly communicate, then hop from town to town hoping for good fights. The onlyYou guys are too rough on the game. Yes they did advertise features that are not yet present, but the game right now is quite fun. Actually, I play a LOT of games, and this might the one where I've had the most fun with my friends, ever. You form a squad, hold tactical positions and formations, learn to properly communicate, then hop from town to town hoping for good fights. The only downside right now are hackers, but they are working on it.

This game is NOT for you if you want PvE, this is a PvP game. Zombies are not a threat at all in this game.
  57. Feb 12, 2013
    This is a great game, the Dev team is now doing a great job! I haven't seen a hacker in a LONG time, Server Hoping is now almost impossible, new items being introduced into the game, lots of map work/implemented features being added/improved. The game has improved ALOT since it was released into testing. But everyone till needs to remember it is in BETA, it's not officially released yet.This is a great game, the Dev team is now doing a great job! I haven't seen a hacker in a LONG time, Server Hoping is now almost impossible, new items being introduced into the game, lots of map work/implemented features being added/improved. The game has improved ALOT since it was released into testing. But everyone till needs to remember it is in BETA, it's not officially released yet. It's not a clone either like everyone says it is...It's called Competition! They have every right to create a game that is similar to DayZ, all they wanted to do was try to be in the market as well. Expand
  58. Dec 20, 2012
    First off, most of these negative reviews are not from actual customers. There was a giant bandwagon of War Z haters from reddit and other places who are trying to burn this game to the ground due to a few errors made by the devs. If any of these folks actually spent a few hours playing the game they would realize how it is actually a pretty fun game.

The game is still in working

The game is still in working stages, thus the lower score. But as it progresses along, new features are added. At it's core, it's a zombie survival game with an open environment. I think what makes the game the most entertaining is the feeling of dread you get not only when you come across a town full of zombies...but when you realize someone else living is there too and you have no idea how they are going to react to your presence. Will you just exchange a quick nod which is really a mask for your fear of being shot in the face by them? Or will you wait until they have their back turned and kill them before they kill you?

Regardless of the current backlash from some members, I've decided to keep playing the game and waiting for new updates.
  59. Jan 20, 2013
    I have been playin Warz since november and really enjoy it. I have yet to expericance any bugs with it and play almost every day. I have been killed a couple times by hackers over the 2.5 months but that happens now and again on most online games i've played. The developers could definately have handled the customer expectations better and been more upfront/honest on the actual gameI have been playin Warz since november and really enjoy it. I have yet to expericance any bugs with it and play almost every day. I have been killed a couple times by hackers over the 2.5 months but that happens now and again on most online games i've played. The developers could definately have handled the customer expectations better and been more upfront/honest on the actual game features and proposed future features but its still improving and worth a try. You never know you might like it too! Expand
  60. Jan 21, 2013
    Keep crying carebears. Not the games fault you can't handle the post apocalyptic world. Advice: Join a clan. Mine is ripping it up. I'm loving this game. Updates are slow but I'm patient.
  61. Dec 19, 2012
    Although the developers have been a bit misguided and have miscommunicated some things I still think the essence of the game is there and will only get better with time
  62. Dec 21, 2012
    First thing to know: This game is a work-in-progress. You can get this game for about $15. You can spend more, but that will be for in-game-currency. These items you would buy will not be yours forever. These items can be taken from you upon death the second you take them out into the world of The War Z. Any item you have is able to be taken from you when killed (by players, theFirst thing to know: This game is a work-in-progress. You can get this game for about $15. You can spend more, but that will be for in-game-currency. These items you would buy will not be yours forever. These items can be taken from you upon death the second you take them out into the world of The War Z. Any item you have is able to be taken from you when killed (by players, the environment or the zombies), unless you store them in your item-bank. Many are angry from not understanding that this is the type of game you are going to play. There is no holding hands, there is no "noob friendly" gameplay. People in this game are ruthless, and people that help others are very very few and far between. You'll be Killed on Sight almost everytime, so you have to play smart and watch populated areas until you can safely move.
    If this is the kind of survival simulator you are looking for, then this game will be awesome for you. The goal is simple: How long can you survive, and are you good enough to go out into towns, cities and the wilderness to find supplies, ammo, weapons, food and possible companions to help you... And now, can you make it back to a safezone alive and safe with all that loot so that you can store it for later adventures?
    Many will try, only a few will succeed. Are you going to be one of them? The world is full of bandits, raiders, deuche-bags, and those that find absolute joy in killing you and taking your spoils of war.

If you want a flowery wandering and wonderful experience of fairies and lollipops, don't even get close to this game. It is brutal and unforgiving, but if you love a challenge, strategy, patience to watch and wait for that perfect moment to take action, then this game will give you the satisfaction you want from a hardcore game.

Day/Night cycles. Night is brutally unforgiving, the whole screen is basically black with the audio of the zombies and the footsteps of other scavengers trying to hunt you, or find the supplies you need and are looking for. Only the stupid use their flashlights to see... that just lets us know where you now are...

In-game bank, to store your spoils and lootz of war (if you can make it back alive, when you go back out you can re-equip from your bank as needed)

The Cons: The game is still being worked on. There are a lot of rough edges, the developers are still adding game elements and changing rules and game mechanics every few weeks, so you must be able to flow with that, becuase the game is still in its basic stages. But for $15 this game is awesome. There are no friends list yet, you can only do "Clans" right now to keep/find buddies in the game. The Pros: Some servers run with 100 players at once, and I've experienced NO LAG during those times, I run a slower computer and the game is smooth on my screen. Where you aim, is where you hit, I haven't had any LAG aiming problems. This game is rough, but for what you get (not all selilng points of the game are there yet), you get an awesome game-in-progress.

Best $15 I ever spent for a Zombie Survival Game Online! Graphics are "fine" for a $15 game. Audio is "fine" for $15 game. Don't expect AAA musical score, or graphics that would melt a $5k computer. But the overall-core gameplay is solid (survive, scavenge, PVP, and SURVIVE)

Don't listen to the haters. They wanted COD-meets-COUNTER STRIKE. They got The War Z instead, so they rage-whined and QQQ'd on metacritic here...
  63. Dec 19, 2012
    I think, that this game it's very cool. Of course, developers must change and fix a lot of things, but.. that's not the final version, so... ppl please stop crying and hating. In my opinion, these guys, want to do a really good game. I'm waiting for the new content.
  64. Dec 19, 2012
    The War Z is a great game for many different types of players. It does need development. Many people think that this game is a copy of the mod for Arma 2, "Day Z" if they could look more closely then they will see that this game was not a copy of it and it has some features that Day Z won't have.
  65. Dec 19, 2012
    From a player who bought the game from the beginning, it has been a roller coaster of wins/fails. Honestly the game isn't bad, but the Devs always change something that was fine were it standed, to something unusual or frustrating. But they do listen to the community and they are striving to create the game we want! Adding in .22 weapons, changing servers back to reasonable populations,From a player who bought the game from the beginning, it has been a roller coaster of wins/fails. Honestly the game isn't bad, but the Devs always change something that was fine were it standed, to something unusual or frustrating. But they do listen to the community and they are striving to create the game we want! Adding in .22 weapons, changing servers back to reasonable populations, testing measures to oppose hacking. They are trying! Now, about the game-play. The zombies arn't so terrifying as they should be one-to-one, but when you agro about 20 in town sh*t gets crazy real fast. The encounters with other players are very satisfying. You never know when someone is going to shoot you in the back, or drop you a hammer and be on their way. Shooting is very nice and gunfights are quite amazing and heart pounding. Loot spawns are pretty common now, food use to be real scarce and now drops everywhere! Guns can be found just about anywhere and anyone can arm up in the right spots with a new character if they're lucky.

So the game overall is fun, but now here comes the bad side. Hackers. They are still out there even after the Devs banned over 3000 accounts, they are killable, but very difficult. Server Hopping. One player can go to an area over several servers and loot everything. This hasn't been appropriately dealt with yet as the devs are working on more features and hackers.

So it's got it flaws, but soon enough this game will be a gem. Definitely look into if you if you want a great survival shooter.

Last note. Most of these really low ratings are completely over-exaggerated. Some people arn't cut out for it brutal world and others flame the game based on it's relevance to DayZ. Some people weren't fans of just a mod henceforth why I bought the game over Arma 2, which is much more realistic if that's your thing, but I prefer what Hammerpoint has to offer. Perhaps DayZ's Standalone will be something to look into when it's released.
  66. Dec 19, 2012
    Played it for several weeks now, and having played Day Z, this game is fun and more polished. Sure it's got a long way to go and they've made mistakes, but at $15 it's hard to go wrong.
  67. Jan 20, 2013
    Too bad this game got so much press bad before it even entered Beta testing. The gaming world has spoken, and the witch hunt is on. Obviously this is not a perfect game, there are problems with it, however a user metacritic score of 1.3 shows the shallowness of the metacritic reviewer. This is same mentality that gave mass effect 3 a 4.6, and modern warfare 3 a score of 3.3. The premiseToo bad this game got so much press bad before it even entered Beta testing. The gaming world has spoken, and the witch hunt is on. Obviously this is not a perfect game, there are problems with it, however a user metacritic score of 1.3 shows the shallowness of the metacritic reviewer. This is same mentality that gave mass effect 3 a 4.6, and modern warfare 3 a score of 3.3. The premise of this game is very interesting, open world survival mmorpg, and while the execution was somewhat lacking, there is nothing quite as tense as the PvP confrontations in this game. In 25 years of gaming I can honestly say I have never been as viscerally scared as I was after raiding for three hours and then having another player run into your view. There has been much made of server problems, hackers, and glitches. and while these were pretty widespread during the alpha, things have improved tremendously in beta. I will not argue that this game is a copy of Day Z however I will argue that every game is a rip off of another game somehow. EVERY game barrows ideas, mechanics, settings, art, enemies, from somewhere else, and we're better for it . This game is much more accessible than Day Z, there are random spawns so you don't have to worry about spawn campers. Additionally the controls aren't as complex as Day Z, the zombies don't instantly overwhelm you, you begin with a flashlight that you can melee and it is possible to run away if there are too many zombies. Overall I felt it was a flawed, but satisfying experience and for $20 dollars I've certainly gotten my moneys worth out of this game. Expand
  68. Dec 19, 2012
    This is good game, but people don't understand that is in development.
    I really enjoy the game.
    People have to just stop crying and wait for the dev team to work in the game. Just go a read the important threads in the forum and not just the crying threads . Also, you bought a game that don't cost too much comparing to other games so don't cry. By the way before buying a game,
    This is good game, but people don't understand that is in development.
    I really enjoy the game.
    People have to just stop crying and wait for the dev team to work in the game.
    By the way before buying a game, investigate it, see how the progress of development goes, in which state is the game.
    Come on guys you are only spoiled little brats crying because is not looking as the promotional images.
    You don't know how hard is the development of a game.
    Come dev team I trust you.
  69. Dec 19, 2012
    If you bought this game expecting it to be like DayZ.. I feel sorry you spent your money. DayZ's base game is an army simulator. There are certain features that will never be included in WarZ.

In my opinion WarZ is a great game concept. User interface is easy to use, game looks OK even though it still needs to be worked visually and performance wise and gameplay is not as stiff as DayZ.

I think the game should have stayed in Alpha/Beta stage a bit longer in order to get more polished and to have more of the features (such as the skill tree and friends list) working.

CONCLUSION: If you LOVE DayZ... If you enjoy the simulation features of it and how it plays... I don't recommend this game to you... But if you think DayZ is hard to master, you don't like simulation factor or some other thing is bothering you I say give this game a try.

People claim it's PAY 2 WIN... I say it's not.. I've bought the Survivor pack (cheapest pack) and haven't spent anymore than that and I have lot's of fun.
  70. Lys
    Dec 20, 2012
    Foreword: Before playing the War Z, I had not played DayZ, so I can't compare the two games. Though I will freely say, they're two different beasts, just with similar content matter.

Oh, and this is gonna be long. Deal with it. I originally purchased this game about a week after the initial release, after having some doubts as to whether it'd be worth the money. I'm not a

Oh, and this is gonna be long. Deal with it.

I originally purchased this game about a week after the initial release, after having some doubts as to whether it'd be worth the money. I'm not a tight-lipped person, by any means, but I wanted some off-hand opinions from people first. Aside from some major technical issues on the first day, which I can chalk up to server overloads, I'd heard mostly good words from my friends.

So, I figured I'd buy it. And I did. $20 well spent, in my opinion.

My first impression was kind of soured by getting spawn-killed by another player with a flashlight about 10 seconds after spawning. That I'm gonna chalk up to misfortune, because to date, it has not happened again. It IS possible to be killed by zombies upon spawning in the game world, but that happens as a result of poor player planning 90% of the time (read: logging out in a dangerous spot).

Starting off alone, I began playing with the lessons learned from the players on the forums; I didn't want to go in willy-nilly. Once you figure out that you have to aim for the head in order to do damage to zombies, you get a certain feeling of power over the game's PvE elements. As a result of one of the most recent updates, zombies have more or less doubled or tripled in number. You learn that stealth is the way to go, that you have to watch how much noise you make, that having a team by your side is near mandatory if you don't want to see the "You have died. Killed by zombies." screen too often. Don't get me wrong, it's going to happen. A lot.

Zombie Apocalypse + Trigger Happy Players + Unrestricted PvP = Many, many deaths = Losing your hard-earned loot

Many players are not trustworthy, and often the game devolves into a Shoot-On-Sight affair with other players as a result. This causes problems, because inevitably, defending yourself from 'Neutral' players will lead to you being branded a bandit. This isn't the game's fault; it's a result of players being given free reign and consequently going on rampages. I knew about it, and I went in with a 'Don't Shoot First' policy. For the most part, it hasn't worked, but on the few occasions where it has, when players begin to work together, the game truly shines.

Solo gamers are essentially punished; it is entirely possible to play on your own, but the game is infinitely easier when playing in a group. Getting surrounded by 10+ zombies without a gun while you're in a competent group isn't necessarily a death trap in a group. Taking on firefights as a team, through out-of-game VOIP (ingame VOIP does not exist as of yet, but it's apparently a coming feature), is a rewarding experience (well, if you win), and it makes the otherwise aggravating PvP element engaging and quite enjoyable.

The game is a bit glitchy, I will admit. Fall damage is a bit twitchy; sometimes going down a small slope will result in fall damage. The server is prone to kicking you out, though that might just be my connection failing miserably. The game engine has generally improved as time has progressed, however.

Please note: The game engine has seen significant optimization since the 31st of October, and it plays smooth enough for me now. I've been running the game on Lowest settings, on a 6-year-old iMac running WinXP, and I get between 5-20 FPS depending on the situation. I expect most players would be playing on comparatively better machines, so you'll be able to play on Normal/High/Ultra settings with ease.

Personally, I can't say much for the graphics. Playing on Lowest, I'm not really getting the full picture. But the current game map of Colorado is competently done. The place looks appropriately bushy, with okay-ish textured grass, mountains and terrain. The buildings aren't spectacular, but they look appropriately worn down and help to immerse you into the game. Minor graphical issues, such as Third Person and First Person views having different gun models for the same weapon, pop up occasionally, but I can understand that not being a priority for the game developers.

Sound wise, I'm not a big fan. The music is annoying, so I just turned it off. Ingame noises, such as the moans of zombies and firing of weapons, do the job of getting the point across. Annoyingly, the game randomly throws loud noises at you. I guess it succeeds in scaring the pants off you, but it's a cheap tactic. In regards to hackers, I've only ever had to deal with them a couple of times. I guess it's hit and miss, but they do seem to have generally disappeared.

Don't believe all the media attention and haters. Go play the game and formulate your own opinions.

To summarize: Go in with an open mind and a few friends. You'll love it.
  71. Jan 17, 2013
    Ignore the nerd rage, this game is COMPLETELY underscored. All these people bashing it are comparing it to Day Z, that's all they can do. That's like comparing Battlefield and Call of Duty, same concept, different game, both good. This game is in development and raters should grade it's gameplay and its potential COMBINED. Yes this game its problems but it is so much fun to play! Trying toIgnore the nerd rage, this game is COMPLETELY underscored. All these people bashing it are comparing it to Day Z, that's all they can do. That's like comparing Battlefield and Call of Duty, same concept, different game, both good. This game is in development and raters should grade it's gameplay and its potential COMBINED. Yes this game its problems but it is so much fun to play! Trying to survive and keep yourself away from people while looting towns is intense at times. It also has ton of potential when they add even more to this game, so go out and try it, and just ignore these ignoramuses. Expand
  72. Dec 18, 2012
    Have been playing this game since day One. Over time this game has been being constantly updating and improving. The game is fun while playing in a group. I paid 30$ for this game and can say having played it for 50+hours i have gotten my moneys worth. There are still problems with the game and not all features are in the game yet. I do however feel the devs are very unprofessional atHave been playing this game since day One. Over time this game has been being constantly updating and improving. The game is fun while playing in a group. I paid 30$ for this game and can say having played it for 50+hours i have gotten my moneys worth. There are still problems with the game and not all features are in the game yet. I do however feel the devs are very unprofessional at times and are trying to turn this game into something bad. Just recently they added a cost to revive your guy sooner so you dont have to wait 4hours. Now you do have 5 total characters and could delete them if they did die but you would be losing their stats, and for new players they will def. die 5 times within 4 hours of playing. The gameplay is fun and smooth minus some bugs here and there but i do enjoy playing this every day and the game keeps improving minus the revival cost. Expand
  73. Dec 21, 2012
    The game actually is how I thought it would be. I like the zombies and how you kill them, weapons are a bit common but yea... I know, the game has many bugs and **** but I still won't get a refund. Why? I see, that they try to fix everything and listen to the community. That's enough for me to trust them. I am looking for this to be a good game, but not in one week, not in one month butThe game actually is how I thought it would be. I like the zombies and how you kill them, weapons are a bit common but yea... I know, the game has many bugs and **** but I still won't get a refund. Why? I see, that they try to fix everything and listen to the community. That's enough for me to trust them. I am looking for this to be a good game, but not in one week, not in one month but maybe in 6 month this will be a really great game. The game was just released and since the alpha really many things has been changed and added. And just because some things are copied, it doesn't mean the game suck. Would you rather use the first phone on earth, or a Samsung Galaxy? I would prefer a Samsung. Actually, I would give this game 10 points if they would fix the problem with the hackers, because the game is fun. But something annoys me: The mainstream cities. You go to a popular city and you see like 10 people in 5 minutes. I know, it's actually good if you're not alone, but 10 people... If they would hollow out more buildings, people will actually travel to different cities and not to the big ones. BTW: I hate to spawn at safe zones. Expand
  74. Dec 19, 2012
    I purchased the game right before the Steam release. I like it. It is tough, fun, and rewarding. There are flaws, but what game doesn't have them. I look at this as I pre-ordered a game with beta access. There is all kinds of hate about it being called a foundation release. Call it what you want, they called it an alpha/beta and then a foundation release with out any changes. I hateI purchased the game right before the Steam release. I like it. It is tough, fun, and rewarding. There are flaws, but what game doesn't have them. I look at this as I pre-ordered a game with beta access. There is all kinds of hate about it being called a foundation release. Call it what you want, they called it an alpha/beta and then a foundation release with out any changes. I hate the 4 hour respawn timer. I like the idea of being able to pay to revive but not with the 4 hour timer. I would be happy with a return to the 1 hr timer with an option to pay to revive early. There has been quite a bit of community mismanagement and PR issues but that doesn't take away from the game itself. If I were in charge I would say the game is in beta but you can pre-order (at full price) for early entry. Gear is relatively easy to get so early entry isn't a killer. The game needs polish and fill out of features but the overall game play is great. Expand
  75. Dec 20, 2012
    Still in development, has potential !!! Some bugs but really good. New and cool features are coming in the future. More maps will be available. Beware of aggressive players !!! Most people will just kill you without talking first just because of fear !!!
  76. Dec 22, 2012
    This is seriously, the best game I've played all year. I have no idea how this masterpiece has a 1.1 average. WTF are you people playing. Obviously not the War Z. The animation quality is stellar and it makes combat a great pleasure. It's tough, but once you have a weapon it really feels like an authentic zombie survival experience. But the thing which most impressed me is how fair theThis is seriously, the best game I've played all year. I have no idea how this masterpiece has a 1.1 average. WTF are you people playing. Obviously not the War Z. The animation quality is stellar and it makes combat a great pleasure. It's tough, but once you have a weapon it really feels like an authentic zombie survival experience. But the thing which most impressed me is how fair the micro transactions are. You get useful upgrades and cosmetic options which I feel are really worth the money. It's great to run around with a firemans helmet and enjoy the game with a couple of friends. Well worth the money for the game and the countless dollars I've spent on revivals, hats and virtual food.
    A few more notes on this game: I LOVE how fall damage works, it's so realistic, and I like how it makes you think creatively to cross a river. I mean, swimming makes no sense, the water would probably be infected.
    Overall, a great experience which I would thoroughly recommend to anyone interested in quality fps zombie survival mmos.
  77. Dec 20, 2012
    This game isn't even fully developed. How can it be rated so badly when it's not even done!?
    A bunch of dumb asses i would hope. I think this game is overall very good. Try to make a game like cod doesn't help anyone does it? Only thing making me not like this game is lack of vehicles and glitches/hackers that fill the game with utter hate and bitterness most of the time. But this will be fixed with further updates. 7/10
  78. Dec 21, 2012
    Very fun with minor problems here and there. I will recommend this game and for newcomers to be patient with everyone playing the game. True you will probably be killed the first 10 times but after a while you will start to get the hang of it and then you can play with maximum fun. Don't fret and be patient greatness comes with patience
  79. Jan 7, 2013
    Remove hackers,hoppers and the game is perfect.The War Z has many aspects that make me enjoy it far more than i ever did with DayZ. I would definetly recommend it to other people who are fans of zombie games.
  80. Jan 24, 2013
    The War Z is, by all counts, an interesting game. The hacker counts are falling, the reputation system has started up, and some of the long awaited features look to be on the horizon. The game still has the problems faced by similar venues, where the gamer population seems to have no interest in working together, but if you get a group started, things become exponentially more fun. ThisThe War Z is, by all counts, an interesting game. The hacker counts are falling, the reputation system has started up, and some of the long awaited features look to be on the horizon. The game still has the problems faced by similar venues, where the gamer population seems to have no interest in working together, but if you get a group started, things become exponentially more fun. This game with give you a time well worth the $15 it costs now, and will only get better. Expand
  81. Feb 27, 2013
    I have to admit, this game has had a bad start and with that went it's reputation, but now at least you can see new interest in the developers and as of right now, my interest for the game is rising and with all the haters out there, how do you expect for the game to be better if the community doesn't allow it, how do you expect for the game to rise when people are pushing it back down, II have to admit, this game has had a bad start and with that went it's reputation, but now at least you can see new interest in the developers and as of right now, my interest for the game is rising and with all the haters out there, how do you expect for the game to be better if the community doesn't allow it, how do you expect for the game to rise when people are pushing it back down, I have to say that it isn't that the game is bad, it is the game's community (not all of it) for the game that is bad and I think that with the right push, and the right acknowledgement from the whole gaming community we may see this game become an outstanding MMO RPG but, with a good contribution and effort from the developers and the gaming community.
    PS: The developers have yet to open their eyes and see that their game is still in Beta.
  82. Jan 7, 2013
    So; all this hate. I don't agree in the last 2 weeks; they have released a patch and for tomorrow another is scheduled. They have finally implemented their anti-hack and are perma banning now. The game is fun, and is truly a survival mmo zombie game. Problem with days is its engine; its holding it back. the game will never look any better. while on ultra the War Z looks actually prettySo; all this hate. I don't agree in the last 2 weeks; they have released a patch and for tomorrow another is scheduled. They have finally implemented their anti-hack and are perma banning now. The game is fun, and is truly a survival mmo zombie game. Problem with days is its engine; its holding it back. the game will never look any better. while on ultra the War Z looks actually pretty nice.

SO I GIVE MY HONEST OPINION Thanks for your tiome.
  83. Jan 8, 2013
    Despite all the negative critiques, the game is fun to play with friends and very addictive. What spoils the game is that it was released too fast and with too many problems.

I hope the developers put everything promised because the game has great potential!
  84. Dec 20, 2012
    This game is not for everyone.

It's pretty hardcore. You lose everything when you die, and you will die alot. It's not for people who want to jump right in and start killing 300 zombies at once. It's more of a sneak around, scavenge, return to safety and offload your stuff kind of game. Your worst enemies will be other players. After a few hours you'll figure out how to kill zombies,
    This game is not for everyone.

Your worst enemies will be other players. After a few hours you'll figure out how to kill zombies, which the combat is about as plain, boring, and montonous as can be when it comes to zombies. They need to fix the animations and make them accurate. Most of the time when I'm hurt by an attacking zombie it is when the zombie's arms aren't even moving. Also, the best way to kill zombies is just ridiculous. You stand still, aim at the zombies head, and just hold your left mouse button down. Trying to be more accurate with 1 strike at a time, or avoid attacks and move in for 1 strike, then back out will just get you killed. Second, guns are a joke. They're 100% accurate, and there's nothing preventing you from easily placing a crosshair on another player. So, it's just point, click, kill with no other factor involved to make you less accurate, miss, etc. You don't even need to adjust your aim based on distance. Your always 100% steady, etc. This is why other players are your biggest, and pretty much only threat. It also creates an atmosphere where you need to be extremely patient or you'll die guaranteed, because even a 5 year old can pull off a headshot at 300 meters in this game. That's not to say there is no fun to be had in this game. I kind of enjoy the whole super cautious, wandering around, and trying to scavenge things. It brings out the competitor in me beause the game is extremely harsh. It's fun grouping with others to take on zombies, and raid towns. It's even fun playing a bandit that murders anyone who he comes across and takes their crap. The bottom line is that this game has a TON of potential. It's a plain foundation of a game at the moment, and if the developers continue to patch/update the game it might just be great one day. The best thing they could do is stop listening to their hardcore forum fanboys who are 90% of their survey repliers, want things like 24 hour respawns, and 1000000000000 people servers where all you can do is spawn and die... They've built a foundation, why not create something worth remembering?
  85. Mar 28, 2013
    It seems the devolopers want to punish the glitchers more then the hackers. This game is ripe full of hacking which defeats the point of even playing at all. I'm a glitcher that never got banned but I've had friends who got banned just to glitch to have a fighting chance against hackers. I have even killed a hackers who have been walling and aim botting by glitching into walls.
  86. Dec 19, 2012
    I bought WarZ in its relatively early days and it was fun, it was mostly about avoiding zombies and scavenging to try and find food, water and weapons (PvE). Now it's about avoiding other players (Bandits) who just shoot you on sight and take your equipment (PvP). The game has no features that make it stand out, however the dev team are very very slowly adding features that are slightlyI bought WarZ in its relatively early days and it was fun, it was mostly about avoiding zombies and scavenging to try and find food, water and weapons (PvE). Now it's about avoiding other players (Bandits) who just shoot you on sight and take your equipment (PvP). The game has no features that make it stand out, however the dev team are very very slowly adding features that are slightly improving it, like adding more zombies. I am giving the game a 5 because I believe in time, when the dev team do their job properly and all the features they say will be in it are implemented it will be the best Zombie MMO available. (Thats if they ever add them) So wait before you buy, they may never add them. Expand
  87. Feb 1, 2013
    I came into this game with high hopes, I have been playing many games in alpha like minecraft and dayz and they have both been amazing experiences so I thought this would be different. Unfortunately, with it's constant bugs, laughable animations and frequent hackers the experience was ruined,the graphics remind me of playing on my NES. However, although I dislike a lot of it I have toI came into this game with high hopes, I have been playing many games in alpha like minecraft and dayz and they have both been amazing experiences so I thought this would be different. Unfortunately, with it's constant bugs, laughable animations and frequent hackers the experience was ruined,the graphics remind me of playing on my NES. However, although I dislike a lot of it I have to admit there are some parts that I really like such as the inventory system, the character customization and the option to spawn with your friends when you start a game. I feel this game meant well but was in the wrong hands, give it to people like Crytek or Bohemia to finish the job. Overall I would avoid this game until it's out of alpha. Expand
  88. Jun 17, 2013
    LET ME SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT.

The War Z is a decent game. All of the reviews from pre March, 2013 are accurate for the time they were posted, but the game has evolved drastically since then. >Hackers are an issue. The addition of Punkbuster anti cheat has helped this issue. Now, hackers are ever advancing and will always exist, but the developers have reported they ban 7000 people
    LET ME SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT.

>Hackers are an issue. The addition of Punkbuster anti cheat has helped this issue. Now, hackers are ever advancing and will always exist, but the developers have reported they ban 7000 people per week. FairFight anit cheat helps ban the actual offenders.

>Graphics are actually good. Personally my computer can't support ultra graphics but I've set it to ultra and the water, shade, foliage, and weapons actually look great!

>Skill tree actually exists. They promised it, and they delivered it. Cars are coming out soon and they are always adding new advances. They are also coming out with a new map: CALIFORNIA.

>Always updating the game for FREE! You pay the $15 and the game will automatically receive updates and download them free of charge. There are no subscription fees, DLC, or additional charges.

>If you don't like the game, come back in a month and it will be better. Its always getting better and they are still developing it. Early stages were terrible (no guns, rampant hackers, terrible graphics, etc) but the updated game as of June 17, 2013 is good!

>>>In time, updates will make this game a solid 10! But for now its good, but could be better. So 7 it is.
  89. Sep 27, 2013
    This game needs more recent reviews. In the past year it has updated and made so many changes that half of the negative points made in every bad review have already been fixed and addressed. I think its heading on a road of improvement and it just needs some time to get it wrong the first couple of shots at it. Honestly the community is the worst part about this game. If they had PublicThis game needs more recent reviews. In the past year it has updated and made so many changes that half of the negative points made in every bad review have already been fixed and addressed. I think its heading on a road of improvement and it just needs some time to get it wrong the first couple of shots at it. Honestly the community is the worst part about this game. If they had Public PVE only servers i would be playing it every single day. I mean dont call it a zombie game if other humans are the greatest threat! Unless you adapt and find a method to play whilst there arent any humans around you, its an okay experience. It could be ten trillion times better as a game if it dropped the lone wolf pvp style approach but made it co-op left for dead style, sure keep the losing your items upon death feature but add an option for zombie enthusiasts that arent simply looking for just another sandbox call of duty pc game that you hack in. Seriously the co-op a d hackers need fixed and it would be prefect! Enable an option, request pvp duel or you cant kill ppl. That way pve-ers can safely encounter pvp'ers. So many better ideas could be implemented than what is already at hand. Expand
  90. Dec 19, 2012
    Game is doing just fine slow in progress but its getting there , people on steam should of youtube the gameplay first before buying i know i did ..... to sum it all up game is great and has alot of potential
    its worth every dollar ........... KEEP UP THE GREAT JOB
  91. Jan 8, 2013
    The game is a work in progress far from done. Did my research before buying it. Love the game.... Tired of all the haters. It's got fps or 3 rd. kill or be killed... It's the ultimate survivor game.
  92. Mar 27, 2013
    People are way way way to rough on this game. They constantly update and tons of features were added. Plus nobody who reviewed it actually bought it, its just a parade of IGNnorant 10 year old fanboys with no life. They say it sucks, but if you watch the review they just repeat what IGN said. Give it time. Its very fun. I dont see a problem with the Gold Credits score, its not like you canPeople are way way way to rough on this game. They constantly update and tons of features were added. Plus nobody who reviewed it actually bought it, its just a parade of IGNnorant 10 year old fanboys with no life. They say it sucks, but if you watch the review they just repeat what IGN said. Give it time. Its very fun. I dont see a problem with the Gold Credits score, its not like you can buy guns or anything like that, just food, medicine and knives and hats. Expand
  93. Dec 21, 2012
    For a £15/$15 you can't go wrong, for a game which is in its 'Foundation Release' stage it has come a good way since its release on the 15th of October and it is still being updated and will be for the foreseeable future.

It most definitely has its issues and there have been some terrible mistakes when it comes to the marketing of the game but this isn't about the tactics the company use and its mistakes it made with these tactics.

This review is about the game which some seem to forget, giving this game a 0 or 1 is complete BS because everyone knows it deserves more then that.

The games graphics aren't going to blow you away but to be honest if thats why you play games, you shouldn't be playing games.
    The art style is nice and fits the zombie genre.

The gun play is fairly simple and doesn't take a genius to use but if you know anything about the genre, you'll know the gun is not your best option and thats where the melee combat comes in which again is simplistic as it should be. It provides a good variety of weapons with a varying degree of damage.

There is one map at the moment Colorado which provides a variety of terrain and locations with cities, towns, gas stations and Ski resorts too explore and find loot in.
    Most server have a max of 50 players with some allowing 100 players.
    There are plans for more maps with the next planned to release in June, the California map.

The game is not PvE and has a focus on PvP as well as the zombie aspect, I won't lie you will die....a lot.
    The community is not the greatest but there are players out there who will team up with and provide more communication then the barrel of their gun.

There is a marketplace which you can spend in-game currency on which is collected by killing zombies who also give EXP which is used for leveling up and having skills (This is a planned feature, the skill system has not been implemented as of this review).
    You can also buy GC currency with real money to buy items for convenience such as food and drink but you can not buy guns, there are a few ammo types available and cosmetic items like hats.
    You can also buy some melee weapons but these are common in-game. (All purchasable items can be found in-game if you do not wish to use the shop).

You can have upto 5 characters with two gameplay modes, Normal and Hardcore.
    In Normal mode, when you die you lose all items on the player but keep the character and all its stats (Also skills once implemented), there is also a lockout timer where that player is not use-able, right now its at 1 hour but this may change at a later date.

Hardcores difference is that when you die, you die.
    You lose your character and can not use it ever again.

At the moment there are many features that are missing but are planned for the future, they will likely all be in before the end of 2013.

If you want to have some fun in a zombie survival MMO for a low price (unless you wish to spend more, though it is optional) then you should give WarZ a chance, ignore the trolls and haters and look into the game yourself.
    Make your own decision.

If you don't like it there are The Dead Linger and DayZ (Stand-alone) which may meet your zombie needs better but don't simply disregard The WarZ, give it a chance....it may surprise you.
  94. Dec 18, 2012
    Well, I am a big fan of the game. But the game is far from beeing amazing. The thing is ppl from Hammerpoint say that they listen to us and everything. That's BS! Example: A lot of ppl are angry with the game atm, specially because of it price on STEAM. At the Forums, there were 20 posts out of 30 of ppl complaining on something. What Sergey does? He post that He listen to us and theWell, I am a big fan of the game. But the game is far from beeing amazing. The thing is ppl from Hammerpoint say that they listen to us and everything. That's BS! Example: A lot of ppl are angry with the game atm, specially because of it price on STEAM. At the Forums, there were 20 posts out of 30 of ppl complaining on something. What Sergey does? He post that He listen to us and the majority of ppl are saying that they agree with what Hammerpoint is doing. REALLY? majority? BS!
    Oh, they say that they answer our e-mails and gives attention to all of us. another big BS. still waiting for an answer on my e-mail 2 weeks so far. About a problem that I've had.
    This game has problems since day 1, that everybody realized it, just as Hammerpoint ppl did, but they so far done NOTHING against it. example? Server Hopper. This makes the game even less survival and more pvp than it should. Don't take me wrong, I love the pvp in the game. But the Hopping makes ppl just loot and PVP. I can do that on COD, without the need of waste time hopping. Me just like many others are still here because we believe tha the changes will come.
    ppl from Hammerpoint never keep to it promisses. They never release things on the day they say they would. I won't even talk about hacker. Just the fact that Hammerpoint employees are trash when it comes to hack situation.
    Honesyl, I love The War Z. Just not the ppl behind it. I play the game since its first day. Hours and hours daily. with a nice clan. And just like me, they are waiting for the day that ppl from Hammerpoint will start doing things right.
  95. Jun 16, 2013
    The War Z is a great game. I have been following it since about 8 months ago. Reading reviews, searching for what I could. I also purchased it on Steam when it first released and was shortly taken off. I think the Developers and Creators did a great job. I think the community is where the problem actually was. When I purchased The War Z I understood I was buying a game that wasn't finishedThe War Z is a great game. I have been following it since about 8 months ago. Reading reviews, searching for what I could. I also purchased it on Steam when it first released and was shortly taken off. I think the Developers and Creators did a great job. I think the community is where the problem actually was. When I purchased The War Z I understood I was buying a game that wasn't finished yet. I didn't care I wanted to play it and test it and be there for the ride but I know that a lot of people don't read the fine print and they join and get upset when they find out it isn't what they think it is. Thats not the developers fault. Thats the customers fault. Its 2013 and we all know that the customer is not always right and we have seen that some customers just want to make a seen to get attention or even a monetary gain. Its the sad truth but moving on. I have seen the updates launch, I have seen cooperation from the developers at Hammerpoint Interactive and I have seen improvement in the game play as well as the community. I have played with others as well as played by myself. I have died, I have lost money, I have gained valuable items and ultimately gained more than I have lost. I see constant updates on their facebook and website informing everyone of important updates. A few months ago I would have agreed that playing this game for long periods of time would have felt like homework because it needed so many improvements but now I can say that playing it for a few hours on end feels quite normal. It has its lag filled moments once in a while but honestly what game hasn't had those moments at least once or twice in their history. Its smooth, its fun, its a huge area to explore, and its got that surprise and suspense element with trusting other players. The War Z requires a rare type of skill for gaming: Judgement... Without good Judgement you will find yourself getting killed constantly by other players. If you can learn to read people and probe for answers and learn to reasonably bluff you will find that you will get what you want way more often. Unfortunately that goes for both sides. Expand
  96. Jan 8, 2013
    Relay fun game , especially with friends . there is still some important things to be fixed . i think this game have a good potential .
    i believe in this game
  97. Apr 5, 2013
    I'm not here to claim the game is perfect; It's far from that. What I will say is that I have logged almost 200 hours on this game, largely with a group of college friends, and it is one of the most satisfying MMO experiences I have ever had, despite its flaws. Yes, the AI is glitched. Yes, there are still some game mechanics that were promised by the developers that aren't in the game.I'm not here to claim the game is perfect; It's far from that. What I will say is that I have logged almost 200 hours on this game, largely with a group of college friends, and it is one of the most satisfying MMO experiences I have ever had, despite its flaws. Yes, the AI is glitched. Yes, there are still some game mechanics that were promised by the developers that aren't in the game. For the $15 I payed for the game, I have been more than happy with the play I have had. The developers haven't been as active as they probably should be, but I enjoy the game, and that is what is most important for me. Expand
  98. Dec 20, 2012
    Firstly, comparing this game to DayZ is a non-sequitor, since while they are in the same genre, they couldn't be much more different. DayZ is a more of a pure survival horror game, whilst WarZ is fluffier and generally more user friendly than the Arma II engine, which is clunky and outdated. Are there issues in WarZ? Yes. Most of these issues are beta related, since it is still in thatFirstly, comparing this game to DayZ is a non-sequitor, since while they are in the same genre, they couldn't be much more different. DayZ is a more of a pure survival horror game, whilst WarZ is fluffier and generally more user friendly than the Arma II engine, which is clunky and outdated. Are there issues in WarZ? Yes. Most of these issues are beta related, since it is still in that phase. If you don't want an unpolished, unfinished game, don't play WarZ. For those with sour grapes, you should have done your research before buying. Once again, don't be mad about a game's description if you don't research the game. Steam descriptions aren't always the full story. The game isn't perfect and it won't be for some time, but it has come a long way since its alpha release, when there was an even tinier map, server issues, rampant hacking, and generally low usability. Give the game a chance if you like survival horror, it might just surprise you. Expand
  99. Dec 20, 2012
    Alright so I have taken a tour around the internet and have seen all the hate this game is getting and on some points these people are right the game is broken, but in no way is it a waste of money and it also does not cost money to create a clan, it is not pay to win the stuff you buy is all optional all fairly easy to find on your own it is all for convenience it's not necessary theAlright so I have taken a tour around the internet and have seen all the hate this game is getting and on some points these people are right the game is broken, but in no way is it a waste of money and it also does not cost money to create a clan, it is not pay to win the stuff you buy is all optional all fairly easy to find on your own it is all for convenience it's not necessary the marketplace with real money is restricted to mostly cosmetic items and ammunition everything good like night vision and weapons all cost in game money which is fairly hard to get since you only get about 100$ for 5-10 zombies it's a random drop and you need thousands. Sure it has some bugs too but for 2 1/2 months of released developmental I don't think anyone should be complaining I have also seen hate on the controls and to be honest the question I might ask these people is are you retarded ? It's the same standard controls as most controls used in most shooters with the slight exceptions of the added features you would expect in a game like this. Last but not least to those who say this is a DayZ rip off there's one thing I have to say... and that is sure it has similar elements but those are expected in a standard zombie apocalypse game and to be honest I would consider Day Z to a piece of **** because honestly it's not that good I can't say The War Z is much better but I can honestly say half the people who hate on this game have never played it never will and are just being fan boys about DayZ if you wish to purchase this game go ahead you have nothing to lose I find it extremely fun if you have a nice group of friends to play with but until then shut the **** up with the hate give it some more time and most things will be fixed and if you have seen all the people saying there are thousands of hackers I have ran into 3 since I started playing and those were before they banned those 2000 some odd players they might not all have been hackers but it did get rid of a lot of them. The overall gameplaywww.metacritic.comf 10 if you have some friends if not it's slightly less enjoyable but still fun these games always need a couple friends to go around with. Expand
  100. Dec 22, 2012
    Despite the overwhelming drama surrounding the developers, the game is actually quite fun. In a time where the Internet is king, many players seem to have taken to cluster bombing the ratings and reputation of titles based on opinions rather than experience. This game has a lot of potential. A LOT. The developers just need to completely fix their PR towards unhappy customers. The gameDespite the overwhelming drama surrounding the developers, the game is actually quite fun. In a time where the Internet is king, many players seem to have taken to cluster bombing the ratings and reputation of titles based on opinions rather than experience. This game has a lot of potential. A LOT. The developers just need to completely fix their PR towards unhappy customers. The game isn't bad at all, but I do fear the Pay-to-Win aspect that may evolve.
    Games take from each other all the time and this is just another example of it. I have played both DayZ and The WarZ. They are different games. I like them both! Cant we all get along?
  101. Oct 11, 2013
    Beyond the fact that this game is an absolute false it does have some minor excitement and play value. Within that 2 day period of enjoyment (if you're lucky) you will have to avoid the terrible community, unsportsmanlike players, and unrewarding combat. Players are banned without solid proof as their anti-cheat system has to be developed by a middle school student and obvious hackersBeyond the fact that this game is an absolute false it does have some minor excitement and play value. Within that 2 day period of enjoyment (if you're lucky) you will have to avoid the terrible community, unsportsmanlike players, and unrewarding combat. Players are banned without solid proof as their anti-cheat system has to be developed by a middle school student and obvious hackers run rampant ruining the small chance the game had. I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone, and if you are really curious I suggest just researching the developers. Collapse

1. Mar 7, 2013
    Its mechanical foundation - like this Foundation Release - crumbles at the lightest touch. [March 2013, p.94]
  2. Feb 22, 2013
    The War Z has about as much value as its crappy in-game melee weaponry and that’s not much at all. At least it doesn’t cost anything to play after you buy it, and the cash shop items are fair enough, so you won’t see people running around with machine guns just because they spent money. If you’re going to give your money to a zombie-survival game, grab ArmA II and a copy of the DayZ mod, or wait for the full retail version of DayZ to arrive on digital store shelves and check that out. Do not buy into The War Z.
  3. Feb 5, 2013
    The War Z might use the same elements that make DayZ an enthralling experience. But it puts them together so halfheartedly that you have to turn away in disbelief.