1.7

Overwhelming dislike- based on 3986 Ratings

1. Jan 14, 2013
    so Warz is a super cool game you just do not get in the game with a rating on it is good or bad and spend a little more than an hour on it any time with a friend but quickly becomes caught up in it and can not get enough there many bugs but you do not think much about it when you first started with the
  2. Dec 19, 2012
    False advertising, and a terrible rip off of DayZ. It's horribly made, and the game devs tell more lies than truth. It's disgusting how little effort they put into changing this game from War Inc into Warz. 0/10 would not play again.
  3. Feb 9, 2013
    This game sucks It is utter rubbish, and quite frankly, valve should be ashamed of letting it on steam. It is an unfinished completely utterly unremarkable farce. If you spend money on this, you're very silly. Please don't reward this business practice I strongly suggest you send a bit of feedback to valve and ask them why games like this are available on their service It's a completeThis game sucks It is utter rubbish, and quite frankly, valve should be ashamed of letting it on steam. It is an unfinished completely utterly unremarkable farce. If you spend money on this, you're very silly. Please don't reward this business practice I strongly suggest you send a bit of feedback to valve and ask them why games like this are available on their service It's a complete disgrace. Absolute disgrace... Expand
  4. Dec 23, 2012
    Worthless trash. I'm not even going to list the issues, the blaringly large % of negative reviews here on Metacritic is already a solid warning that you should not buy this game. Save yourself the dreaded feeling of "oh snap, I just wasted $20" and go and buy yourself a kebab and a coke, you will be MUCH more satisified.
  5. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is infested with hackers, glitches, game crashing bugs and the lead developer has been quoted calling people that exploited the game "Faggots". The new update to the anti cheat system was placing items inside walls and on roofs, if you picked these up you were banned. You could pick these traps up through the walls and at times the loot on roofs would fall down.
  6. Dec 26, 2012
    Bad money grabbing game, developers that lie and mislead, community managers who delete any criticism, pay 2 win cash shop and a refund policy that is illegal. Avoid at all costs.
  7. Dec 25, 2012
    i just realized that i've been scammed after i buy this game... this kotaku news collection is all the answer you need about how BAD IS THIS GAME REALLY IS : http://kotaku.com/the-war-z/ please please please please don't buy this game... just... don't... !!!!
  8. Dec 18, 2012
    If you enjoy another PVP/deathmatch. Then this is the game for you!! Just be prepared that if you lose your pvp fight to wait, 1 hour.. no wait 4 hours now.. and they are saying it will be 24 hours sometime in the future to respawn if you die. OR you can give them money to respawn quicker.. Let there be no illusions there is NO PVE content. This is all pvp survival, so don't buy theIf you enjoy another PVP/deathmatch. Then this is the game for you!! Just be prepared that if you lose your pvp fight to wait, 1 hour.. no wait 4 hours now.. and they are saying it will be 24 hours sometime in the future to respawn if you die. OR you can give them money to respawn quicker.. Let there be no illusions there is NO PVE content. This is all pvp survival, so don't buy the game expecting to see pve servers or RP servers. If you are looking for a PVE, zombie survival game "this is not the game for you" as many of the community players will tell you. The game is below average at best, that will try to sqeeze you for money at it's current state. IF you do buy the game don't buy anything from the cash shop.. If you die, you lose everything on your person even stuff you have paid for with real world cash. Expand
  9. Dec 18, 2012
    This game did not deliver at all. Between poor performance and the complete lack of features detailed when purchasing I cannot reccomend this game to anyone. This game does not deliver on the content. It feels very very premature for a release and should be dubbed an alpha release. Hell, the game already labels itself as an Alpha release in the "Safe Zones." Horrible communication from theThis game did not deliver at all. Between poor performance and the complete lack of features detailed when purchasing I cannot reccomend this game to anyone. This game does not deliver on the content. It feels very very premature for a release and should be dubbed an alpha release. Hell, the game already labels itself as an Alpha release in the "Safe Zones." Horrible communication from the developers, all around bad bad bad experience. DO NOT BUY! Interview with their PR person http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-war-z/1226980p1.html Expand
  10. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is absolutely terrible. It's unfinished, utterly boring and the devs practically lied about every feature in the game. Once you buy the game, you then have to rely on micro-transactions to have any sort of fun. Do not buy.
  11. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is disgusting, it shouldn't even be called a game. It's shockingly bad. Such a scam, cancer, literally worse than Hitler, aidsgame. False advertisement, no features that they promised, character models and animations suck. There's no original content as it's all copied from their other equally horrendous game, The War Inc.
  12. Dec 19, 2012
    Shame on you, developers. Your product is clearly unfinished, and you're lying about it and trying to trick people into buying it. My credit of trust to indie developers is now completely exhausted. To Sergey Titov: you've made yourself quite a name.
  13. Dec 19, 2012
    The Fail of the years, mountains of lies, fake screenshots, fake promises.
    Go donate your money to some good cause, not on this "game". They want your money? They have to earn them legally and with something good!! Let your voice be heard! We are not stupid!
  14. Dec 27, 2012
    as to start off from what i read and have experienced this game (it should be called an alpha build) is the worst crud ive ever played the 194 positive are either the lying developer and/or multiple accounts any ways take it from my perspective games broken >the micro transaction system is unforgiving you buy equipment with credits/points which is bought only with real cash and if you dieas to start off from what i read and have experienced this game (it should be called an alpha build) is the worst crud ive ever played the 194 positive are either the lying developer and/or multiple accounts any ways take it from my perspective games broken >the micro transaction system is unforgiving you buy equipment with credits/points which is bought only with real cash and if you die you loose that which you bought the amount of hackers makes Day z look like heaven and not to mention spawn trap/kill galore which comes with a respawn of 1-5 hours before you can reply just to get spawn killed again the developer "hammer point" has lied time and time again and has been caught plagiarizing others works of art don't waste money on this piece of garbage wait for the stand along Day Z from the guy who created the Day Z mod for Arma II or you can hit up steam for Arma II combined operations during a Steam Sale !!! Expand
  15. Jan 20, 2013
    I bought and played this game and let me tell you. I've never been so dissapointed about a game in my life and i've NEVER been robbed of my money like this before. Save your time and money on something else.
  16. Feb 19, 2013
    This is the worst game i ever bought. They keep making promises and not a single major update, hackers everywhere, a lot of glitches, bugs, the zombies are useless, its more like a call of duty full of crap. Sold the game for 10 bucks after 3 weeks playing.
  17. Mar 21, 2013
    This game is a complete rip off! Hammer point interactive has LIED to all our faces, I don't under stand how people could like or defend this game or hammer point.
  18. Dec 19, 2012
    I urge anyone, do not buy this sick scam of a game. The developers tried to cash in from the popularity of the mod Day-Z and are also using an ILLEGAL TOS agreement to stop victims from getting a refund.
  19. Dec 18, 2012
    It's a shoddy, lazy cash grab designed to shamelessly steal from DayZ's successes. Brought to you by the same devs that created Big RIg's:Over the Top Racing, also known as one of the worst games ever created.
  20. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is a dangerous scam, leeching money from you the entire time you play. Pay for the game, pay for the items, pay to RESPAWN or be locked out of the game for 4 hours. God forbid you die by the hackers that run rampant and unchecked in the game, and immediately lose everything you just paid real money for. Then are no longer allowed to play for the next 4 hours. The development teamThis game is a dangerous scam, leeching money from you the entire time you play. Pay for the game, pay for the items, pay to RESPAWN or be locked out of the game for 4 hours. God forbid you die by the hackers that run rampant and unchecked in the game, and immediately lose everything you just paid real money for. Then are no longer allowed to play for the next 4 hours. The development team ahs broken the law on numerous occasions, aswell. With blatant false advertising (which they put down to the users "misreading" the page. How do you write "100 players per server" while it's only 50, and then blame the userbase for misreading it?) and then a huge case of fraud: In order to get a refund on this game, which I urge everyone to do, you must agree to the terms of service (which are copypasted verbatim from the League of Legends terms of service, including links to the league of legends websites) but this terms of service agreement has the added feature of disallowing you from asking for a refund. So, in order to get a refund, you have to sign a piece of paper that says you can't have a refund, then ask for a refund. I wonder what the outcome of that will be. I should also mention the solution to preventing hackers: Permanently ban lots of random members (so they have to guy the game AGAIN) to scare the hackers, but don't actually do anything to prevent them. Expand
  21. Dec 19, 2012
    Let me just start with: DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!

Let me just start with: DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!

The developer for this game is either incompetent or deliberately misleading. They had a false set of features listed on their Steam page, and then later tried to fix that by claiming customers "misread" the information? Way to go guys. Lie and then proceed to insult your customers. Grade A public relations right there. They will delete any critical post from the Steam and official forums. They will deny refunds (FRAUD). They are doing everything in their power to milk as much money as they can from this game before the word gets out about how AWFUL and BROKEN it is.

These guys are scam artists, plain and simple. They advertised features that the game has not EVER had. That is called deliberate and willful FALSE ADVERTISING which is breaking the law.

Tell every single one of the people you know that may have ANY potential of looking at this game that they should avoid it like the plague.
  22. Dec 19, 2012
    DON'T BUY IT!!!!! This game was made in not time to jump on the DayZ/Walking Dead bandwagon and released too early to cash in on the Christmas sales.

The game itself is unbalanced, the textures and animations are outdated. Loads of bugs! The game world feels empty, the maps are small but getting from A to B takes ages because of low running speed. The Ingame-Shop is more of pay to win model. (you can buy ammo) .
  23. Dec 19, 2012
    Originally a pioneer player here. I Asked for a refund from their forums and was banned for doing so. Xsolla would not originally grant me my refund ( even though it was within 30 days) after talking to American Express CC that problem was fixed, although I could never log in to the forums or the game again. They simply want your money. 4 hours re-spawn time unless you pay 50GC?Originally a pioneer player here. I Asked for a refund from their forums and was banned for doing so. Xsolla would not originally grant me my refund ( even though it was within 30 days) after talking to American Express CC that problem was fixed, although I could never log in to the forums or the game again. They simply want your money. 4 hours re-spawn time unless you pay 50GC? FAIL.
    Many reports of hackers, botters, etc from clan mates. Money grubbing title to be sure.
  24. Dec 18, 2012
    People who are put unlike all delayed because some can not see the front and Warz why?
    because they think Dayz and better, but this is not so for all causes and from warz game
    already sucks when you guys buy the game was not for you guys have the official Warz paid for the full release for so if you guys think about it Warz will be **** believe it or not, the Warz and very good and should not **** compared comment leaving the launch.
    Thanks for reading.
    Stop be kids!!
    I recommend to play!!!!!
    Thanks for reading.
    Stop be kids!!
    I recommend to play!!!!!
  25. Dec 18, 2012
    TL;DR:

Is it better than DayZ? No. Is it bad in its current shape? Yes. Is it **** Not quite. Does it have potential to be better? Maybe, but I wouldn't bet on it. WarZ has the unpleasant disadvantage of being compared to DayZ. As a consequence, a lot of players see this game as being vastly inferior to its predecessor. And they would be right. I'll start with what the
    TL;DR:

Is it better than DayZ? No.
    Is it bad in its current shape? Yes.
    Is it **** Not quite.
    Does it have potential to be better? Maybe, but I wouldn't bet on it.

And they would be right.

I'll start with what the devs have done (or attempted to do) well.

Firstly, the devs have done a fairly decent job with the actual interface of the game (i.e. no stupid DayZ backpack shenanigans). It's as easy as pressing "e" to pick up an item, and it won't delete anything if your backpack is full! It is fairly straightforward and anyone with an IQ above 60 can figure it out in 15 minutes or less.

Secondly, the devs attempted to cater to a wide audience from the beginning and be more "casual friendly". One example of this is the "normal" and "hardcore" modes. In normal mode, your character will lose all his gear but won't "die". In hardcore mode, it's permadeath. As long as you separate the two, I see no problems with that. However, in the current gamestate this doesn't happen and there are no benefits to playing on hardcore mode.

Lastly, once you get to a location to scavenge, scavenging is still somewhat fun. HoweverI think this is in part because of the ease in the user interface and that it is infinitely better than the way DayZ handles it.

And now the criticisms; there are a lot.

The biggest problem with WarZ is the lack of depth to the map. In DayZ, you normally could find civilization very frequently and find scavengable buildings scattered about. WarZ feels really 1 dimensional about this. There are honestly only about 25 to 30 or so major looting locations on the entire map. What makes this worse is that it is incredibly tedious and boring to move from one location of the map to the next. When I mean tedious, I mean, 20 minutes of slow paced walking without any action whatsoever.

Problem number 2 is the lack of cooperation, communication, or interaction between players. In DayZ you see this interaction frequently between players via "direct communication" from mics. One major flaw in WarZ is that YOU CANNOT USE A MICROPHONE TO COMMUNICATE WITH ANOTHER PLAYER. This is a major problem that should be addressed quickly, as typing is the only means of communication in-game. On top of that, aiming in this game is as simple as COD. In Arma II it was very difficult to aim and shoot players or zombies. This game is 100% kill on sight, with no communication whatsoever, which is frustrating. For WarZ, it feels like a point and click adventure game when shooting players. This brings me to my next point.

You will never realistically shoot zombies in this game when looting by yourself. Ammo is incredibly rare relative to the number of zombies on the map. I have only shot other players (in self defense, mind you), and zombies that were alerted from those shots. Unfortunately, this makes the game even more tedious. Your primary form of combat in WarZ against zombies will be melee weapons. There's absolutely no diversity in any of the melee weapons or attacks (other than damage), so combat is very one-dimensional.

There are a multiple of bugs in the game. In many instances, you will fall off rocks and take fall damage without any legitimate warning. Zombie AI is highly bugged and their pathfinding can be broken by simply jumping on top of a car.

Global inventory and the ability to pay for items also ruins the game. It's frustrating to think that another player can simply buy their items with real world money. It's not so bad that they can buy guns and completely demolish everyone on the server, but enough to "irk" you and piss you off. It also ruins the idea that you need to "scavenge" for everything you need Global inventory is an equally bad idea. It essentially acts as a bank for your characters items that you can deposit in safe zones. Once a character enters one of these "safe zones", you can equip them with any item found in there, INCLUDING items you scavenged from another survivor. I feel as if this also turns the game from survival into grinding for items.

Finally, I would like to argue that the devs have done dubious at best at supporting the game. In the past 2 months, I honestly don't think I've seen any significant progression in the game mechanics, broken zombie pathfinding, or any polishing that has occurred. Their web pictures are very cherrypicked and are not representative of gameplay in my opinion.

WarZ, in it's current state at 12/19/12 is truly an unfinished game. It has some feel of DayZ, but it's lacking and not developed. In particular, it lacks the tension that is generated by DayZ because virtually all players will kill on sight. DayZ from Arma II:CO is more worth your money.
  26. Dec 18, 2012
    Horrible customer service, Misleading advertising, doesn't live up to expectations. This should be a free to play game. Plus it takes 40 minutes just to walk from town to town. Who wants to spend 40 minutes looking at horrible textures (which they snagged from their previous game by the way) only to get to a town to be killed by someone. You can't play this game without being killed theHorrible customer service, Misleading advertising, doesn't live up to expectations. This should be a free to play game. Plus it takes 40 minutes just to walk from town to town. Who wants to spend 40 minutes looking at horrible textures (which they snagged from their previous game by the way) only to get to a town to be killed by someone. You can't play this game without being killed the first 30 minutes of playing unless your with friends. Overall this game is horrible. Fun gameplay but the lack of service and support ruined the game entirely. I am no longer going to support this game when the staff are acting like dickwads. Expand
  27. Dec 27, 2012
    http://warzscam.tumblr.com/ says it all as to WHY it is a terrible game and why it must be avoidable! ppl are STILL saying the game is in beta?? they got no clue whats going on, sergey already stated the game is not alpha or beta anymore! if people did their research on the game, or even read the warz forums/steam warz forums. they would know WHY there is ton of hate towards it, again,http://warzscam.tumblr.com/ says it all as to WHY it is a terrible game and why it must be avoidable! ppl are STILL saying the game is in beta?? they got no clue whats going on, sergey already stated the game is not alpha or beta anymore! if people did their research on the game, or even read the warz forums/steam warz forums. they would know WHY there is ton of hate towards it, again, this game is just a SCAM!!! Expand
  28. Dec 19, 2012
    Summary of the game, Spend 1 hour walking finding stuff, get killed by other players instantly. Wait 4 hours for my character to re spawn, and do it all over again. This game is set up to give people with money a better chance at playing this game more... "Oh all your characters are dead, tough shi*, you have to wait 4 hours for them to re spawn while this guy with money falling out of hisSummary of the game, Spend 1 hour walking finding stuff, get killed by other players instantly. Wait 4 hours for my character to re spawn, and do it all over again. This game is set up to give people with money a better chance at playing this game more... "Oh all your characters are dead, tough shi*, you have to wait 4 hours for them to re spawn while this guy with money falling out of his pockets gets his characters instantly.". Oh you also spend 98% of the time in this game walking, yet they couldn't even get the walking animation down right, I mean if you are going to be spending most of a video game doing something at least make it good. This game is obviously a way to drain peoples pockets. Expand
  29. Dec 24, 2012
    This game would be a massive success if the designers/companies etc where making more commitment to the actual game and not so much about making more money once you have purchased the game!
    You should be able to re-spawn instantly and for free not have to either wait 5 "real" hours or pay using "real" money!!
  30. Dec 25, 2012
    OK not only is it a bad game maybe 1 or 2 out of 10 because of boring story and layout, glitches, and really a genre that just can't work it is also a marketing scam. Steam removed it because it lied on it's store page about length of development period, and version of the game it is a ripoff of DayZ's gameplay and even name. The zombies on the logo are photoshped versoins of the zombiesOK not only is it a bad game maybe 1 or 2 out of 10 because of boring story and layout, glitches, and really a genre that just can't work it is also a marketing scam. Steam removed it because it lied on it's store page about length of development period, and version of the game it is a ripoff of DayZ's gameplay and even name. The zombies on the logo are photoshped versoins of the zombies on The Walking Dead's logo and it stole League of Legends's terms of service. DON'T EVEN TRY TO DEFEND THIS GAME!!! Expand
  31. Dec 20, 2012
    Bunch of fanboys on here giving out high scores blaming the customer for not "reading that the game is still in alpha/beta." Fun fact: the Steam page doesn't mention that minor detail. The company says the game is release worthy, and they're selling it like a release game. Don't listen to the fanboys, they're blinded by stupidity.
  32. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is absolutely awful. Please, do not waste your money on this game that is a clear rip off of DayZ and is under supported by this greedy, banhappy developer. If you voice an opinion of dislike for the game, in any capacity (constructive criticism or otherwise) you will get a permanent ban and no option of refund.

Save yourself; but this game isn't the way to survive.
  33. Dec 19, 2012
    Well i will rate this game on the content and not the surrounding criticism due to the misrepresentation of this game on War Z store page ( also steam), the lack of acknowledging wrong doing by the devs and so on..

I was looking forward to War Z although i did have my worries of this being a simple cash grab that was trying to jump on Day Z's coat tail of success/popularity and well Day Z and War z being almost identical by name could give one some fear of what i just mentioned and my fears were and are confirmed.

This is nothing more than a cash grab trying to exploit off another games viral success and i say this because the game is inherently broken, controls very clunky and although the game is being sold it is missing key features which are advertised.
    The visuals are poor, a simple walk (not jump) over a ridge can deplete all health, hitmarkers are very hit or miss and suspect to say the least, poor effort in the sound dept (although they just added some new bgm but i left before this had happened), poor pc support w/ almost no dif between low and high settings, depth of field is very poor wheter is draw distance or just trying to look from door to next room ( have you looked @ a doorframe lately? looks like one with the house/building), maps have not exceeded 100km as of yet although promised up to 400km, servers are laggy as hell but this can be fixed, night time gameplay = spray paint your led/lcd screen black ( i mean come on !! has hammerhead ever been outside at night?), Day Z zombies make War Z zombies look and feel very generic and lack luster and this isnt saying much ( no offense Day Z), The water is outright ugly and pathetic, spawning needs help, boring enviorment which is very ugly to look at to begin with, plenty of bugs in game which effect gameplay and the list goes on..

I dont care if this was 5 bucks, if a game is bad its bad even if it were free so please stop saying "its just a 15 dollar game"..

Save your money , do not buy and the fact that the devs lie, take no responsability and use banning on forums as an answer to anything which isnt a glory to high heavens this game is awesome type of comment is appauling = tread lightly on forums or you will be banned/blacklisted...

I wasted my money for you guys, so you dont have to suffer this let down.
  34. Jan 6, 2013
    It's a low quality game, but is it worth $15? Yes. I do have fun playing the game, trying to go around areas undetected by zombies and other players who kill on sight. It's a game about surviving, and that's what you are trying to do 100% of the time. There is so much room for improvement. I just hope the developers actually listen to the suggestions they are getting for new features.
  35. Dec 19, 2012
    Already asked my refund. Kind of wondering "How the hell did this get to steam?" And now thinking on re-making that old Q-basic game which involved two gorillas throwing explosive bananas at each other with zombies and putting on steam also to get a quick cash.
  36. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is just excellent. I played DayZ before, and then I heard about this game when I stopped playing DayZ. I was excited to see how it were, then I first thought this game was going to be a fail because it is a "MMO", and then my friend convinced me to play the game because it wouldn't suck. There am I, playing this game, enjoying it, but, Hammerpoint should listen more to theThis game is just excellent. I played DayZ before, and then I heard about this game when I stopped playing DayZ. I was excited to see how it were, then I first thought this game was going to be a fail because it is a "MMO", and then my friend convinced me to play the game because it wouldn't suck. There am I, playing this game, enjoying it, but, Hammerpoint should listen more to the community. They don't accept bad critics about the game, but they need to accept it in order to make the game better.

Why this game is considered a MMO: because of the Skill Tree. You can learn new skills (unimplemented yet). I don't know how it will work, but I think WarZ didn't need that.

When I first played this, I kept getting killed and then I was like "F*CK I DIED WHY DID YOU DO THIS MOTHERF*CKER?", but then I just realise that the game is still fun, even when you die. I kept laughing at how the guy killed me, which makes this a good game.

MY FINAL REVIEW: Good game, if you want to try it out, ask your friend that bought it for a Guest Key. That way, you'll not spend any money on the game if you don't like it.
  37. Dec 18, 2012
    War Z is a really good game in the last stages of development, there are some issues that the dev team is working on fixing and a lot of people do not understand or care about the issues they are having which explains the large number of e-hate. Also School holidays is on now so a lot of kids have nothing better to do then hate on things they don't understand. If the game is given a chanceWar Z is a really good game in the last stages of development, there are some issues that the dev team is working on fixing and a lot of people do not understand or care about the issues they are having which explains the large number of e-hate. Also School holidays is on now so a lot of kids have nothing better to do then hate on things they don't understand. If the game is given a chance it will become a great iconic mmo that will last for many years as there is still a lot of content still unreleased in the form of maps, class skills and methods of transport. I vote 8/10 Expand
  38. Dec 18, 2012
    Super pissed off that I paid $30 for this game in october, and check back every 2 weeks or so to see if they fixed all the crap that was wrong with it. Every time I checked back, there were some new features, but no fixed broken stuff. For example the last 3 times (six weeks) I've tried playing, I spawn in with nothing visible but sky and the river, then die from a random hacker namedSuper pissed off that I paid $30 for this game in october, and check back every 2 weeks or so to see if they fixed all the crap that was wrong with it. Every time I checked back, there were some new features, but no fixed broken stuff. For example the last 3 times (six weeks) I've tried playing, I spawn in with nothing visible but sky and the river, then die from a random hacker named 213521345623456 or something. So essentially I paid $30 for a horrible game, that was launched to early. I have been in a lot of alphas and betas, and this is definitely not ready for prime time at all. I would consider this a prototype, not an alpha, certainly not ready to be HALF PRICE that I paid on steam. **** this game. Expand
  39. Dec 18, 2012
    Horrible game. What more is there to say? Read the GameSpy review for all you need to know about the horrible-ness of this game.

40. Dec 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers. This game has a lot of hype. More bad than good I would say, especially just looking at these reviews. A lot of the negative hype are day z fan boys. Sure great, no worries. What many of these posts don't realize is that the game is still in beta. The price was not reduced to 15, it has always been 15. Anyone that spent more gets in game currency equal to what they spent and other perks. Nothing game changing, things like private stronghold servers and such. I have played the game through alpha and into beta, alpha was rough. It was hacker plagued. The hackers have been reduced, and now that it is launching through steam and with the "new anti-hack" out. Which I think is the same anti-hack but with the consequences of hacking a game on steam attached. You kids won't want to lose your steam account will you? The threat of hackers should be greatly reduced. To kozzy420 or anyone that bought the game through steam, I'm not sure how it shows the game, but any research into the game, like 5 seconds into google and you could figure out it is in beta. And come on for 15 bucks you could do a lot worse! I have paid 60 bucks for crappier x box games that I spend less time with than I have with war z. Either way I like war z better than day z at the moment. I will try the day z stand alone but will definitely keep my account going. This is a good game with a ton of negative hype, but don't listen to the people saying they are rushing the game. The game is in beta, so it is still a work in progress, they have already tested skill trees, but have found they need more work to be in the game, so they said they will not have them done this year. Does that sound like rushing? No it sounds like a smart choice by them to not rush something as integral as a skill tree.

The baby gamers of the new generation need to suck it up and clan up. Get together with some people, hold down a town or go explore if you want. We had six of us build a stronghold in the clearview small grocery the other night then call the server out. Told them we had all sorts of good loot, which we did. All of us fully armed with plenty of ammo, barricades for our building, all had body armor and helmets. We held it down for a good hour and a half with lots of action. There was maybe two to three separate groups that showed up. They were doing most of the fighting at first, then the winners tried to take us down, but they were hard pressed. They had a sniper up on a hill with no shot on us, and kept poking their heads into the market to try to get us. They did get two of us, I got two kills, a buddy got two as well. We lost another to the sniper as he tried to loot. We sent him out after we killed a bunch in the town. He came back in and we were able to loot a lot of the stuff. We had to use another barricade in the middle of the street so the sniper couldn't kill us as we looted. It was different, and it was a lot of fun.

Watch a short clip of part of the battle.

Here you can watch us celebrating the holiday.

Here you can watch a zombie montage, the night stuff isn't great. Hard to film at night. Need night vision!

The game is what you make it, but you can't survive on your own for too long. Only a matter of time, clan up, it is an mmo in that sense. For 15$ this game is a bargain. It was always 15! Not a quick cash grab as the haters say. Don't waste your money? I'm sure almost all of you have wasted 15 dollars on more. You don't need gc to play the game as many say. It helps speeds your revival time for about the same cost of a baseball bat. You can't buy guns. You can buy a very limited supply of ammo. The key though as I said you need to clan up, groups of three are decent for going around, but the more the merrier! Enjoy the holidays!
  41. Dec 18, 2012
    You're basically paying to play a beta that will never be worked on, just a cash grab in the vain of DayZ. This quite possibly is the worst game I've ever played. Seriously, I'm not just saying that. There are two games I wish I never played
  42. Dec 18, 2012
    I am disappointed that Steam would carry a game whose creators (1) lie shamelessly to the customer, (2) deliver a product so blatantly slapped-together to capitalize on the popularity of a free mod for a game made by other people, and (3) take every available opportunity to silence criticism and blame the victim. Watch Total Biscuit's "The Bore Z" on Youtube. Or any gameplay video onI am disappointed that Steam would carry a game whose creators (1) lie shamelessly to the customer, (2) deliver a product so blatantly slapped-together to capitalize on the popularity of a free mod for a game made by other people, and (3) take every available opportunity to silence criticism and blame the victim. Watch Total Biscuit's "The Bore Z" on Youtube. Or any gameplay video on Youtube, but TB's is particularly recent and educational. Expand
  43. Dec 18, 2012
    I found out about this game a few months ago and was under the assumption it was a game company that decided to cash in on dayz and povide a A+ title (the screenshots of said in-game play looked very VERY impressive, and there promises of course)... So i start up steam this morning and see WarZ "OMG ITS OUT ALLREADY!!!". sigh.. i think i am going to go cry in a corner now. i do no have anyI found out about this game a few months ago and was under the assumption it was a game company that decided to cash in on dayz and povide a A+ title (the screenshots of said in-game play looked very VERY impressive, and there promises of course)... So i start up steam this morning and see WarZ "OMG ITS OUT ALLREADY!!!". sigh.. i think i am going to go cry in a corner now. i do no have any idea on earth why the would start selling this game already.. PRE-ORDER + ALPHA/BETA access would have been smart.. but, that said.. they are ether idiots... or realize they will never be able to finish the game and live up to the promises / fake in-game screenshots and just decided to cash out really quick..... Expand
  44. Dec 18, 2012
    Extremely dull and boring. It's just a glorified deathmatch game with zombies. It looks like **** no matter what settings you put it on. Plenty of bugs and glitches. Not worth anyone's time.
  45. Dec 18, 2012
    Terrible game that is purely trying to grab as much money as possible. I was wrongly banned and they wouldn't tell me why or what for and then refused a refund. Good thing credit card companies don't like shady game developers and their **** as I was able to get my money back. All features promised are not available and scrip kiddies with wallhacks run rampant amongst other things.
  46. Dec 18, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Spoiler Alert! This game is **** You will not enjoy this game unless you are prepared to fork out additional money purchasing hacks or exploits which run rampant within the community. The game is a complete rip from their other game War Inc. which mind you isn't hidden at all, they've came out and said that it's just retexturing etc. To summarise the game, it was hastily made to capitalise on the hype that DayZ had created. Expand
  47. Dec 19, 2012
    One of, if not *the*, worst games of all time.
    The game itself is mediocre, at best. What truly makes the game disgusting is the developers. They've not only lied to, deceived, and abused their players, but have openly admitted in interviews that they're okay with that.
    One of, if not *the*, worst games of all time.
    The game is nothing more than a cash-grab - the developers have gone so far as to refuse refunds to players, claiming that whichever bank/group had handled the initial funds could no longer be located, or some rubbish like that.
    Regarding the game, hackers run rampant with little to nothing being done about it. the player base is commonly lied to about updates and features, and again, the developers feel no shame in this behavior. It's all about the money to them.
    The game is just a desperate attempt to ride the coattails of Day Z's popularity, sadly.
  48. Dec 19, 2012
    Possibly one of the worst games I have played. The game features are broken, servers keep crashing, graphics are horrible and the advertised features and specs are misleading. Do not buy.
  49. Dec 19, 2012
    I am a frequent player of The War Z and to be honest I do enjoy the game a lot. I do die a lot as well but that is besides the point.

I may not agree on how situations are handled however I still take my hat off to Sergey and the rest of the team. The game has a lot going for it and in time it will get better. I for one can defiantly not pull such a game like this off and I am sure that there are not may other that can.

My main point to this would be that WE the COMMUNITY is making or braking this game, WE have had plenty of opportunities to give our input on the game and what WE would like to have and so far have they not made some of the changes that WE asked for? (Less players on servers, more Zombies, more loot) How long do you think this can go on before it all falls apart..

What I say here might be insignificant to a lot of people but I would like to ask just to ease up a bit..
    This game was created with the basic idea of Zombie survival and the COMMUNITY is shaping the game to the way they want it.
  50. Dec 19, 2012
    Well, I have voted 10 because I really think, I've got what I payed for. The game has it unique chaotic atmosphere of survival. Not all the features are available yet but devs are releasing up to 3 patches a week!
    I would definitely suggest the game to Zombie fans!
  51. Dec 19, 2012
    This is a scam. For the previous "game" of the lead for The WarZ, check http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR3a0gixfwI This gives indie developers and alpha funding a bad name, what a shame!
  52. Dec 19, 2012
    There is a lot of negative controversy regarding the WarZ and I feel that a lot of people rating are following the hive mind and actually haven't touched the game. However, as a person who has invested several hours playing this game and contemplating whether I should continue to invest my time into it, can say this: this game has potential, but it's execution is horrible. I am weary ofThere is a lot of negative controversy regarding the WarZ and I feel that a lot of people rating are following the hive mind and actually haven't touched the game. However, as a person who has invested several hours playing this game and contemplating whether I should continue to invest my time into it, can say this: this game has potential, but it's execution is horrible. I am weary of ever purchasing another hammer point interactive product as now I perceive them to be money grabbing scumbags and therefore should not trust them with my money, nor my time.

Many of you may feel my next statement follows the hive mind of misled fanatics mindlessly bashing the WarZ. If you feel like I am, note that there are concrete facts supporting my statement. If you still desire a Zombie Apocalypse survival experience, then play DayZ. In it's early stage of development, it has achieved much, much more than what WarZ has. There are assuredly many other pros and cons of each of these games, but this is not the place for them. If you purchase this game, I hope you do not regret your decision.
  53. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is just a quick cash grab riding on the Day Z mod's success. I urge anyone that bought this game to request a refund. It's a shame this trash was allowed to be put on Steam in the first place and these idiots are giving indie developers a bad name.
  54. Dec 19, 2012
    Game is doing just fine slow in progress but its getting there , people on steam should of youtube the gameplay first before buying i know i did ..... to sum it all up game is great and has alot of potential
    its worth every dollar ........... KEEP UP THE GREAT JOB
  55. Dec 19, 2012
    Worthless game that should not even be considered a game. False advertising, missing features, graphics that look like a game from 10 years ago, horrible game design, micro-transaction scams and more. Stay away from this at all costs.
  56. Dec 19, 2012
    Been playing since release in Oct 16th and have been having lots of fun! still more stuff to be added, but the devs listen to the community and the updates are regular and add great new stuff :) 10/10 because it has so much replayability and has a bright future. Don't listen to all the negative reviews, they're just getting caught up in all the drama surrounding WarZ
  57. Dec 19, 2012
    The game itself is badly designed.

While it has some glances of a good game , overall it just fails. It's not finished AT ALL and deserves a 3-4. Sadly the creators of the game spout lies on the steam page. Also the latest moves from them are shady at best , I personally was in beta and since 2 months they added both GI and Clans as complete gameplay features ( and that's it ).
    The game itself is badly designed.

While it has some glances of a good game , overall it just fails.
    It's not finished AT ALL and deserves a 3-4.

Sadly the creators of the game spout lies on the steam page.

After a interview in gamespy were the leader of this dev teams acts like it's the users fault for the mistakes he made , they continue to alter the game ( not adding any new gameplay feature ) and adding a 4h timer when you die.
    The worse is that you can revive immediately if you pay REAL MONEY.

In terms of stability , older users got to pay MORE for the game than on release , so If they continue this practice coming early to the game doesn't offer nothing , SO WAIT UNTIL IT'S FINISHED to actually try it, since you don't loose nothing in waiting. It's sad to see a game go out like this ... it deserves a 3-4 but with the negative points arktos and hammerpoint / Sergey Titov and his devs give .... it should get a negative score just cause they actually ruined the game in a cash grab.
  58. Dec 19, 2012
    Please do not buy this game, the developers are some of worst types of people around; con-men, nothing more, nothing less. The community is terrible also, if anyone has a complaint or issue they usually get insulted and played off as a dayz "fanboy" or a immature child, you cant seem to have a conversation with these people, if they don't get you then the banhammer will. The game itselfPlease do not buy this game, the developers are some of worst types of people around; con-men, nothing more, nothing less. The community is terrible also, if anyone has a complaint or issue they usually get insulted and played off as a dayz "fanboy" or a immature child, you cant seem to have a conversation with these people, if they don't get you then the banhammer will. The game itself has no merit, no redeeming features, nothing. Expand
  59. Dec 19, 2012

The game itself is badly designed.

While it has some glances of a good game , overall it just fails.
    It's not finished AT ALL and deserves a 3-4.

Sadly the creators of the game spout lies on the steam page.

The worse is that you can revive immediately if you pay REAL MONEY.

60. Dec 19, 2012
    This is a game that rides on the wave that the Arma II mod DayZ made. It's a terrible knockoff riddled with bugs, bad game design and an obvious "Pay to Win" model. The whole game is pretty much ripped out of War Inc, with the only new additions being zombies. Don't support the people behind this game.
  61. Dec 19, 2012
    It doesn't even deserve to be called a game. From the very start, the developers have been obviously trying to milk the consumers whom they promised some unfulfilled features.
  62. Dec 19, 2012
    damm rlly. i love that **** game.. but the devs are how to say it.. fail ONLY bugs they let return older bugs they ban ppl or not `? cabnt reach support just money making... guys get better or delete warz !

sehrgay sucks :D
  63. Dec 19, 2012
    The worst game i ever spent my money on. Don't buy it unless you want to get scammed these are the same developers of WAR INC how much promises did this company break with that game... Just do some research and you will know this company is filled with a bunch of scammers.
  64. Dec 19, 2012
    Thx for giving out weapons to stupid streamers just cause you though it wouldn't be completely unprofessional.

Thx for banning me for telling people that you gave weapons .

Now here's your reward .. a 0 !
  65. Dec 22, 2012
    You can give me the "its in alpha" speech, but I have already heard it. The game is in alpha, but is extremely broken. Every game has its bad aspects, but this one has maybe 1 good aspect. Its so bad! The graphics are horrible, and as far as I can tell, there is not a single difference between Ultra graphics and Low graphics. It's horrible. The most fun I get out of it is being theYou can give me the "its in alpha" speech, but I have already heard it. The game is in alpha, but is extremely broken. Every game has its bad aspects, but this one has maybe 1 good aspect. Its so bad! The graphics are horrible, and as far as I can tell, there is not a single difference between Ultra graphics and Low graphics. It's horrible. The most fun I get out of it is being the douche-bag I hate and killing someone who has something worth five minutes. The steam page does lies about everything. There really is not any PVE whatsoever. It's a big deathmatch. But so is DayZ. The game is extremely bad. Do not get it. Luckily I won two free accounts. Expand
  66. Feb 12, 2013
    well... here's the gist.
    I've played this game since october. i was promised a finished game in early november which still hasn't happened.
    bugs, hackers, freezing, and crashing are among my personal list of irritations. I also have friends who have had accounts randomly banned, and twice charged for the game on top of my issues. it deserves all the negative criticism it's gotten.
    well... here's the gist.

it deserves all the negative criticism it's gotten.
    why do you think it has no positive professional reviews? only bad.
  67. Dec 26, 2012
    This is one of the worst games i have ever seen, the Game play is terrible the textures are terrible on the website it says you cant buy weapons but that's a lie you can buy food and weapons which defeats the whole purpose of survival, if i were anyone questioning purchasing this game, personally not buy it not even once finished if it even gets that far.
  68. Dec 28, 2012
    Reviewer: I don't know WarZ, I've never played WarZ, but ...but ... *breaks down crying*

Announcer: That's alright, your tears say more than real words ever could.
  69. Jan 1, 2013
    Bought this game after playing DayZ via the official website ( which hasn't been updated since October). My biggest regret is not purchasing it on steam, because no refunds are available from the official site. The forums are heavily moderated to the point that any any negative posts about the game get deleted and the head developer in an interview with GameSpy showed no remorse for theBought this game after playing DayZ via the official website ( which hasn't been updated since October). My biggest regret is not purchasing it on steam, because no refunds are available from the official site. The forums are heavily moderated to the point that any any negative posts about the game get deleted and the head developer in an interview with GameSpy showed no remorse for the blatant lying on the game's steam description. Many features that where promised months ago have not been implemented such as having friends, a skill tree and rent-able servers. There is only one playable map, unlike the many the steam description advertised. Besides that the website claims that the map has an area of around 100 square kilometres meanwhile its actual size is around 10 square kilometres, here's proof: http://www.pcgamesn.com/article/how-big-war-zs-map. The game itself costs around 15 dollars but you can purchase in game currency to buy melee weapons and supplies which I find very shady. There are also many, many in game issues ranging from invisible walls far from the edges of the map, shoddy textures, the most hideous trees I have ever seen and taking fall damage while walking down a gentle slope. The game version is now 1.1.0 so it is not in alpha any more so that cannot be used as an excuse. Perhaps in the future this game will improve but for now stick with DayZ or wait for the DayZ standalone game that is rumoured to be coming out in this year Expand
  70. Jan 3, 2013
    Where can I start? Oh right yeah... Firstly, the developers produce screenshots that aren't even remotely correct (vehicles/working guns and vaccines e.t.c)...Then they lie about half of their features: huge maps? There's one map and let's face it, it's not very big. But we all know about those and I can't be bothered to go through any more. They took our money and put it to bad use. C'monWhere can I start? Oh right yeah... Firstly, the developers produce screenshots that aren't even remotely correct (vehicles/working guns and vaccines e.t.c)...Then they lie about half of their features: huge maps? There's one map and let's face it, it's not very big. But we all know about those and I can't be bothered to go through any more. They took our money and put it to bad use. C'mon devs.

Now onto the game. Yeah, it's fun sometimes, but only when you get into a gunfight with a non-hacking enemy, which is my first complaint. Too many hackers. They don't even have anything close to an anti-hack system. They rely on screenshots and other reports. Then they don't even do anything.

Secondly, it's full of bugs. Too many bugs, then they have the right mind to call the game not alpha or beta, but "foundation release". Bugs: walking down a mountain and losing 90% of your health, jumping through a window and getting flung through the ceiling onto the roof, grass not rendering at far distances on lower graphics settings, therefore giving people with slower computers a better advantage. Also, all the random crashes, most commonly when you kill an enemy with lots of loot, it all drops at once causing a lag spike and even crashes.

Another thing is the zombies, way too overpowered for beginners, there needs to be some kind of tutorial to basically tell them how to survive. As a beginner you are sat there pounding 30 hits into a zombie with a baseball bat until they die. But if you're getting chased by a whole town of zombies then this isn't very good because you will almost certainly die.

Finally, the Sergey said the game won't be pay to win, but some websites are offering a version with an AKM, B92, a backpack and 21,000 GC (ingame cash). Won't be long before there's guns in the shop.

I think the game has potential but right now it's full of bugs, lying developers and constantly broken servers.
  71. Jan 8, 2013
    The game is rubbish. all it is trying to do is making use of the popularity of dayz and trying to earn money from people. the game is also not ready for release yet it was. go look at the T&C and its from LoL they didnt even remove the link
  72. Jan 8, 2013
    for goodness sake do not purchase this game, due to their quarrels over a lawsuit War Z has been removed from steam to prevent steam from becoming involved in this sham, the game itself is appalling and requires several fixes (more than that of Day Z mod for Arma 2) the servers are limited in size and people and have many issues attempting to connect to them from any day. the price for thefor goodness sake do not purchase this game, due to their quarrels over a lawsuit War Z has been removed from steam to prevent steam from becoming involved in this sham, the game itself is appalling and requires several fixes (more than that of Day Z mod for Arma 2) the servers are limited in size and people and have many issues attempting to connect to them from any day. the price for the game no matter WHAT OPTION you pick is a joke, if you insist on trying this game, find someone silly enough to have purchased it and use a day pass for 24hours, then you may have a faint incline of how poor this game really is. to top it off, the devs are refusing refunds to loyal customers who have stayed since its beta, due to the fact they have been fed false promises of repairs and new patches for the terrible bugs (which is illegal as i understand it) the in game cash system is also flawed, not only are you paying for an atrocious game the in game cash system offers you nothing unique such as custom gun or character skins, or something that will stay with the account forever, when you die, whatever you spend you lose (just imagine that £50 you just wasted) the only good points i can think of is that if the devs and mods listened and solved this game and improved it, it could have potential Expand
  73. Jan 8, 2013
    The game is a work in progress far from done. Did my research before buying it. Love the game.... Tired of all the haters. It's got fps or 3 rd. kill or be killed... It's the ultimate survivor game.
  74. Feb 17, 2013
    The game started out with having loads of potential and HEAPS of room for improvement. There were missing features, bugs, glitches, hackers and more. Over time these have been ever so slightly addressed by Hammerpoint and to this day, are not fixed. There are STILL missing features that were originally promised, people are still able to glitch themselves onto roofs, bugs are everywhere andThe game started out with having loads of potential and HEAPS of room for improvement. There were missing features, bugs, glitches, hackers and more. Over time these have been ever so slightly addressed by Hammerpoint and to this day, are not fixed. There are STILL missing features that were originally promised, people are still able to glitch themselves onto roofs, bugs are everywhere and there are more hackers around than in any other game I have previously seen. And to add onto all this, the recent release of private servers has led to an uproar on the forums leading to a great MANY bans simply for people just voicing their opinion and criticising the game (many respected and well known people have been banned). Last, but not least, the game itself has unofficially not made it passed the Alpha stage, but officially it is a fully released game that is "always developing". It saddens me to think that a company that has achieved all this by lying and stealing has affected the gaming world and many. including myself, hope that other companies do not follow suite and do the same. All of this for a little money.. Expand
  75. Mar 22, 2013
    "Haters gonna hate." I can truly say that this game is underrated due to the hater.There were mistakes which the game's company did but this reason can't make the game trash.They're trying to make this game better nowadays.They release new updates at least once in 2 weeks.That's good for a game which is still developing.If you're reading this post and about to buy this game, just buy"Haters gonna hate." I can truly say that this game is underrated due to the hater.There were mistakes which the game's company did but this reason can't make the game trash.They're trying to make this game better nowadays.They release new updates at least once in 2 weeks.That's good for a game which is still developing.If you're reading this post and about to buy this game, just buy it.I believe that other reviews are written on purpose to damage the game... Expand
  76. Jan 6, 2013
    Buyer beware. The fact that this game was removed from Steam should be all you need to know that it is a scam. Their current scheme is perma-banning honest users in order to have them repurchase the game. Anyone with insider knowledge knows this game will not exist 6 months from now. Save your money and buy Arma II on Steam to play Dayz.
  77. Dec 19, 2012
    If you buy this game before reading up about how it is all a big scam by the developers... you deserve to lose your money on this steaming turd of a game.
  78. MFZ
    Jan 3, 2013
    The animations are stiff and lame. There's no physics. Other players kill you for no reason at all. They could be holding an AK and you could be holding a can of beans or a flashlight. They're gonna kill you anyway. The point of this game is nothing. It has no style. It's lifeless. I think the developers forgot they were making a video game.
  79. Feb 17, 2013
    The development direction is so shockingly bad that regardless of how well they're able to execute their vision the game will always be terrible. No destructible/repairable vehicles
    3rd person crosshair name plates
    Hackers everywhere from day 1 below par graphics, animations, physics worst of all, terrible communications with the community during early stages and horrible management
    3rd person crosshair name plates
    Hackers everywhere from day 1
    below par graphics, animations, physics
    worst of all, terrible communications with the community during early stages and horrible management of upset customers. Not only do i regret buying this game but i'll never buy anything made by this development team again.
  80. X0R
    Dec 26, 2012
    I bought WarZ prior to Steam, but it's development cycle has been really slow and actually feels more like a tweak-cycle to the existing client. This game has so much potential but currently is still pretty bad. With the choices the dev is making, it will never be great ...let alone mediocre. There's a lot of criticism and technical detailed info out on the web, so I won't repeat.I bought WarZ prior to Steam, but it's development cycle has been really slow and actually feels more like a tweak-cycle to the existing client. This game has so much potential but currently is still pretty bad. With the choices the dev is making, it will never be great ...let alone mediocre. There's a lot of criticism and technical detailed info out on the web, so I won't repeat. However, the community is one of the worst you'll find in the MMO world. If you love CoD-type hardcore PvP, you'll be right at home. If you're looking for a survival game where the real focus is on killing zombies, you won't find satisfaction in WarZ. You start out with nothing that will give you a chance to survive a close zombie encounter, which forces you into buildings that are typically stalked by PvP players who kill you for a granola bar. Many WarZ players that love the game overlook the approach the dev is taking to nickel-and-dime consumers, as well as his pathetic forum moderation which bans users for criticizing the game. While DayZ has negative aspects as well, it has a great developer that cares about releasing an excellent product - something the WarZ peeps are not focused on. Expand
  81. Dec 19, 2012
    Its just AWFUL AWFUL game. You should not buy this. Devs are horrible, and its unbalanced. This game is not complete, its still an early alpha, **** of bugs.
  82. Oct 27, 2013
    This game is pure the company is pure and the customer support is pure pile of Don't give you money to this big joke of a so called "game company" it is worthless it should not exist! This is the bigges misstake of the year. They also perment ban people who bought the game for no reason. A company full of retards this is.
  83. Dec 21, 2012
    If you get banned for saying whats wrong with the game i don't think it deserves any score above 0. When players are getting banned for expressing their option you know its a dark time in the gaming industry.
  84. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is an unfinished, buggy piece of **** This game has misleading advertising on its Steam page, they lie about the size of the maps and the amount of players per map. And on top of that, it is a buy to play game that has micro transactions, and guess what, you die once , you lose what you purchased for real money. Even if these issues weren't present the game is still a boringThis game is an unfinished, buggy piece of **** This game has misleading advertising on its Steam page, they lie about the size of the maps and the amount of players per map. And on top of that, it is a buy to play game that has micro transactions, and guess what, you die once , you lose what you purchased for real money. Even if these issues weren't present the game is still a boring piece of **** Games should never be sold in this state, if you have a brain, you will avoid it. Expand
  85. Dec 19, 2012
    This game has zero redeeming factors, so it gets a zero. Take it from me, someone who has bought, played, and then refunded the game. You are randomly thrown into a large baron map with literally nothing to do and no direction on how to do it. All of the good items in the game require you to pay real money for them. If you don't like PvPing then there i s LITERALLY zero content and fun toThis game has zero redeeming factors, so it gets a zero. Take it from me, someone who has bought, played, and then refunded the game. You are randomly thrown into a large baron map with literally nothing to do and no direction on how to do it. All of the good items in the game require you to pay real money for them. If you don't like PvPing then there i s LITERALLY zero content and fun to be had in this game. There are no missions, no story, no quests, barely any NPCs, no dungeons, no way to group up with friends (or even send them private messages), no vehicles to ride in, no skills to level up, NOTHING. You just wander around a bunch of scenery and either get chased by zombies, or try to kill other people for their belongings. The only good getting their belongings does you is that you will be able to survive a little longer. The thing is, you're surviving and doing nothing at all. Most people sit and snipe players. The rest are hackers. People have invisibility mods and all sorts of other things that just completely ruin the game. Do yourself a favor and stay far far far away from this game. I thought maybe the game had a shot if they were calling this a an alpha or a beta, but the lead game developer just came out and said "As far as I'm concerned The War Z is in a stage when we're ready to stop calling it Beta. This is a basic version Expand
  86. Dec 18, 2012
    I bought this game on steam after reading the description and thought it be a satisfying alternative to DayZ. I was dead wrong. I will begin with the lies: - Screenshots are concept art and not ingame footage. - No dedicated private servers as stated in the steam description - Only supports 50 players per server and not 100 like they said - "learn dozen of available skills
  87. Dec 18, 2012
    The worst about this game are Devs.This game is cashgrab and its sad, that its propably very good at this.Shame for Valve, that they allowed them to Steam.
  88. Dec 18, 2012
    First of all, it is a blatant ripoff of dayz. Second its not even a good one. You list features on the steam store page and don't even meet half of them. Proof: http://i.imgur.com/j9Q3f.jpg And now all of a sudden you change the features after one day at the top of the steam list? Scams... i hope you get sued.
  89. Dec 18, 2012
    I purchased the legend pack a few months ago, and the developers still haven't delivered on their promises. They also advertised the game with false information and renders that were portrayed as in-game screenshots.

The game is out of beta now, but it feels like it should be an alpha due to the very low quality of terrain, models, shaders, animations, and AI. This is by far the worst game I have ever played.
  90. Dec 18, 2012
    I think the game is pretty good so far in general however..

I think the game is pretty good so far in general however..

I bought the pioneer package at the start of alpha for $30, one thing that I don't really think is a good idea is the cash shop revival system pretty much the cash shop in general if I paid for the game already why should I dish out more cash? Kinda stupid in my opinion. Just remove the cash shop completely or turn it all to in game currency....
  91. Dec 18, 2012
    A steaming pile of turd, and that's being complimentary. Don't listen to the fanboys,its the worst game around since Big Rigs was released by the same muppet. Still dont believe me, check out war inc, sergay titov's other big blockbuster. More lies and broken promises there too. Anyone who had anything to do with this game should be ashamed. Check out the official forums, anything notA steaming pile of turd, and that's being complimentary. Don't listen to the fanboys,its the worst game around since Big Rigs was released by the same muppet. Still dont believe me, check out war inc, sergay titov's other big blockbuster. More lies and broken promises there too. Anyone who had anything to do with this game should be ashamed. Check out the official forums, anything not remotely kissing the devs poo tubes gets deleted straight away. Anyway I give this game -10. Enjoy :) Expand
  92. Dec 18, 2012
    This game is terrible and that is only due to the developers having only one objective which was to make money from the dayz success, Hammerpoint have constantly lied about most things small and big to uphold any hope for the warz game that the community might have left.. At least they cannot ban people from meta critic for voicing their opinions. As tempting as it might be do not buy thisThis game is terrible and that is only due to the developers having only one objective which was to make money from the dayz success, Hammerpoint have constantly lied about most things small and big to uphold any hope for the warz game that the community might have left.. At least they cannot ban people from meta critic for voicing their opinions. As tempting as it might be do not buy this game, I guarantee you will regret it.. Expand
  93. Dec 19, 2012
    I want to warn everyone to NOT buy this "game". It's barely out of beta and doesn't have half the features it claims it has. After accepting their TOS you are no longer entitled to a refund. Which is illegal. This entire "game" is a moneygrab and a fraud. DO. NOT. BUY. THIS. GAME!
  94. Dec 19, 2012
    As of the time of writing (19/12/12) this game is still in reality a BETA . It's really not worth your time or money - and little more than a scam in my opinion so stay clear. They have recently updated their TOS and in them you need to declare that you waive your right to a refund. The gameplay is not all that it could be and it would appear that they will require quite a bit of work toAs of the time of writing (19/12/12) this game is still in reality a BETA . It's really not worth your time or money - and little more than a scam in my opinion so stay clear. They have recently updated their TOS and in them you need to declare that you waive your right to a refund. The gameplay is not all that it could be and it would appear that they will require quite a bit of work to correct this. Im amazed that STEAM allow this for sale. I can understand free access (due to being a BETA in everything but name) but having to pay for this is quite insulting. Expand
  95. Dec 19, 2012
    God-awful game, and the developers are lying and deceiving all of their customers. You're essentially paying $20-30 to alpha test the game for the developers. The game was released on Steam without any mention of the fact the game is still in alpha, and the description includes numerous key features that simply do not exist in the game. Don't fall for it!
  96. Dec 19, 2012
    Terrible game, terrible company, terrible devs. They lie on metadata in Steam to make it show up when you search for 'Day Z'. People who are unsatisfied with the game, and want a refund, are threatened that their payment method will be submitted to a payment 'blacklist', meaning services like PayPal or other online checkouts might flag your credit card and will not accept your payment.Terrible game, terrible company, terrible devs. They lie on metadata in Steam to make it show up when you search for 'Day Z'. People who are unsatisfied with the game, and want a refund, are threatened that their payment method will be submitted to a payment 'blacklist', meaning services like PayPal or other online checkouts might flag your credit card and will not accept your payment. Also, one of the lead developers, Sergey Titov, used a homophobic slur to describe some of his players. Don't support this game or the company that madei t. Expand
  97. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is a front by Hammerpoint to monetize players with micro-transactions. If you buy this game, expect to feel cheated and angry. Do not purchase this game.
  98. Dec 19, 2012
    The game is bad ...
    I bough the game and I can say it sucks , forum moderators ban everyone, devs don't listen ... The company just sucks.

And no I'm not banned due to hacking, I'm not a DayZ fanboy ... or whatever excuse even sergey is dishing out :D ( yes even the devs are stating on OFFICIAL posts that ppl that talk bad about the game are dayz fanboys )
  99. Dec 19, 2012
    DONT BUY THIS GAME This game is COMPLETE AND UTTER **** Hackers, features that won't be in-game, b2p AND p2w, poor graphics, poor gameplay and many issues that I won't list here, there are just too many. DONT BUY THIS GAME
  100. Dec 19, 2012
    They didn't care for the alpha testers.

They sold the game for us like it was worth $30 and sold it cheaper next while not doing nothing other than scrapping the features.

Thx for that , now this is what you get.
  101. Dec 19, 2012

Watch a short clip of part of the battle.

Here you can watch us celebrating the holiday.

1. Mar 7, 2013
    Its mechanical foundation - like this Foundation Release - crumbles at the lightest touch. [March 2013, p.94]
  2. Feb 22, 2013
    The War Z has about as much value as its crappy in-game melee weaponry and that’s not much at all. At least it doesn’t cost anything to play after you buy it, and the cash shop items are fair enough, so you won’t see people running around with machine guns just because they spent money. If you’re going to give your money to a zombie-survival game, grab ArmA II and a copy of the DayZ mod, or wait for the full retail version of DayZ to arrive on digital store shelves and check that out. Do not buy into The War Z.
  3. Feb 5, 2013
    The War Z might use the same elements that make DayZ an enthralling experience. But it puts them together so halfheartedly that you have to turn away in disbelief.