1.7

Overwhelming dislike- based on 4014 Ratings

1. Oct 20, 2013
    I've tried to defend The War Z as much as i possibly can but i understand why people would dislike this game, it's unfair and it WILL steal your money.... The game is pay to win(more) and is filled with hackers.

The game is ruined because of how unprofessional the Dev's are and how much of a douche-bag Sergey is.
  2. Nov 2, 2013
    simply put... it is S***. don't waist your time or money. Get DayZ if you want a survival zombie game. now to fill the character limit this game is S***
  3. Nov 7, 2013
    as one above me said Do not purchase this game. Many features listed on Steam are completely missing.I repeat: do not purchase this game, you will not get what you think you are getting. Just look at the War Z forums to see the problems. developers are scamers dont trust wheir word today they promise one next day they forget their promises and whats worse whey where removed fromas one above me said Do not purchase this game. Many features listed on Steam are completely missing.I repeat: do not purchase this game, you will not get what you think you are getting. Just look at the War Z forums to see the problems. developers are scamers dont trust wheir word today they promise one next day they forget their promises and whats worse whey where removed from steam do to violations Expand
  4. Nov 18, 2013
    Worst game ever for many reasons. It is a rip-off, the developer doesn't care about it's customers, it is still full of bugs, PONG has a better A.I. than this game, this game has been falsely advertised many times, the controls are weird, the game is filled with cheaters.. I could continue forever.
  5. Nov 12, 2013
    This game should really be avoided. I tried it on a trial, so luckily i haven't spent any money on this.
    I have been killed 3 times by hackers in my short time of playing (around an hour or so overall). One flying, second one shooting me through a rock, third one running at light speed.
    Then there's this annoying crash bug that randomly crashes whole pc without any other option than to push a reset button. Happened to me 4 times. I did try every solution available on the forums. Including ridiculous ones like reinstalling whole system. It only happens to me on this game and i have a high end PC.
    I also got stuck in the texture 3 times.
    All this in around an hour. I did try to give this a chance, but i just give up. Ridiculous.
    There should be a huge sign "work in progress" on steam. They claim it contains features it does not for what they can surely be sued.
    Also, the support is almost non existant. Going through forums i've seen problems that were totally ignored by devs (the crashes for example).
    Great idea served the worst way possible.

Do not play. Even for free. Even if they pay you.
  6. Nov 14, 2013
    This game has potential. While most don't see it, this could easily be a very good game, but it's going to take a lot of work in order to get it good. As it is, it's pretty much unplayable. It tries to be like DayZ, putting you into a zombie world, with zombie things, and lots of guns, but they messed this up entirely. Zombies aren't your issue, other players are. They'll kill youThis game has potential. While most don't see it, this could easily be a very good game, but it's going to take a lot of work in order to get it good. As it is, it's pretty much unplayable. It tries to be like DayZ, putting you into a zombie world, with zombie things, and lots of guns, but they messed this up entirely. Zombies aren't your issue, other players are. They'll kill you before you even see a zombie, and this is just one of the few issues. And when you do encounter a zombie, good luck killing it. It takes them 20-40 hits to kill, and it only takes them 3 or 4 to kill you. Do yourself a favor; stay away from this game. Expand
  7. Dec 18, 2013
    At first we found this game very addicting and fun with my friends. We played it almost everyday and had fun at the same time. So one day they said that they will make it look better(graphics), we were a bit excited but when it was released, we were extremely disappointed. Two of my friends couldn't play it anymore, because the developers raised the graphics card requirement. I could onlyAt first we found this game very addicting and fun with my friends. We played it almost everyday and had fun at the same time. So one day they said that they will make it look better(graphics), we were a bit excited but when it was released, we were extremely disappointed. Two of my friends couldn't play it anymore, because the developers raised the graphics card requirement. I could only play with one of my friend, because he had a more powerful computer.
    Everyone started asking for the graphics to be lowered back to normal or give us a chance to set shadows OFF and lighting on LOW. So some weeks later they announced a new patch, that they now gave us a chance to turn off shadows. We thought we could play again. But we were disappointed again.
    The only settings before were High/Ultra, they only changed the labels not the real effect. After that people started asking on the forums about it and complaining and the got banned for it and posts were removed. You couldn't even search a post with a tag "fps" in it, it was not allowed.
    They just ruined a good game
  8. Nov 28, 2013
    Its a true piece of $#!T, i put my money on a... i can't complete this with no offense.
    I lost my money buying this.
    Do not purchase this game.
    Frustation: Hackers Stories, this is the real name of this
  9. Nov 30, 2013
    Waste of time and money.
    Poor graphic, missing features from description, lots of bugs, poor animations, broken mechanics.

If you want to enjoy your evening just buy bottle of vodka and some sushi.
  10. Dec 24, 2013
    Absolutely terrible gam and unprofessional devs that give indie games a bad rap. On their stream you can watch and listen as developer Artemis knives berates customers in the most profane and vile manner.
  11. Feb 6, 2014
    Id rather drag my balls across a thousand miles of glass .................................................................................. ...........
  12. Feb 8, 2014
    This is the worst game to be ever created.
    u will get perma baned, for no reason.
    u will get hacked.
    u will lose money u spend.
    They will make u rebuy it if u get baned.
    liers.
    cheaters.
    should be sued and taken off steam.
    thanks.
  13. Mar 11, 2014
    Please guys Dont buy this game or you will regret about!
    This game is a complete ****
    The devs are taotally corupted
    BANS ARE RANDOMLY!
    ITS FULL OF HACKERS!
  14. Apr 19, 2014
    This game is full of lies and is broken in every way possible. DO NOT BUY!
    Even if you do get past the lies and brokenness then all there is to do it horde 100's of guns (which you can buy ammo for.)
    As I said earlier do not buy this broken pile of lies.
  15. Apr 20, 2014
    Worst Video Game ever, it needs to be buried in Alamogordo, New Mexico with "E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial"

0/10 Because this game blows chunks waste of my money and it was only $7.99 and I still felt ripped off.
  16. Apr 25, 2014
    I bought the game when in came out in 2012 and tried to play it until mid 2013. At that time, in became obvious this was a huge scam and the company just wanted money.
    If you like a game, that could not be a big deal, but when the game mechanic is "you die, you loose everything", hacking become a major issue. They never solved it.
    Now, the game price is so low that hacker can buy 2
    Now, the game price is so low that hacker can buy 2 accounts for 5 to 10 dollars (depend on discount). One legit account for storing stuff, one hacking account for "fun".

As a legit player, you have not a single chance to have fun in this game.

Stay away from that "game" and that company.
  17. Apr 27, 2014
    This Game is Crap! Good potential but the maker of this game dont do anything good!!!!!
    AVOID TO BUY THIS GAME!!!
    WASTE OF MONEY GUARANTEE! Trust me!
    So many hackers on this game and developper dont do nothing about it.
    It make one year they promise us cars and other **** and never happen at all
    thanks
  18. May 28, 2014
    Hold W for 10 Minutes or so, find zombie, hit the Zombie in the head with a Flashlight until dead, get killed by Glitches and Bugs

Rinse and Repeat until your soul dies
  19. Jun 9, 2014
    Good game, but **** game at the same time. This game has the potential to be a good game a lot of good items in games, good map, and like the concept. However it has more negatives the positives. poor melee animations is one, running looks weird, then we have 9/10 people hacking and the game is buggy and the community is utter crap in general
  20. Aug 6, 2014
    I'm still not sure what I saw in this game the first time I saw it... I keep asking myself "Why the **** did I buy this **** And I'm sure that's what you'll ask yourself when you play this monstrosity of a game. The only reason it exists is to piggyback off of DayZ's success. So for your sake don't buy this... It's complete garbage. -_-
  21. Jul 20, 2014
    this game is worst ever, they have no control of cheater, they lie for the users and explore them all can we do some for destroy this game ? hate this guys;
  22. Aug 18, 2014
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY PAY TO WIN!!! DON'T YOU JUST LOVE PAY TO WIN GAMES?!
  23. Sep 6, 2014
    If you support this game, you support Sergey Titov. Sergey is friends with the top ISS item and hack seller, as he was busted partying with at E3.

If you still decide that is not enough, they have not delivered on any promises made. No hardcore mode Bandits can still access safezones No bandit only safezones are just some examples. Bigest scam part of this game was the

No hardcore mode
    Bandits can still access safezones
    No bandit only safezones

are just some examples.

Bigest scam part of this game was the removal of PunkBuster. PunkBuster was banning players Sergey did not want banned. The only resolution to this was to remove PunkBuster.

Instead they now only ban players they want. Including players who have never hacked on any account.
  24. Oct 15, 2014
    This game is horrible and the developer is a crook. I started playing this game in it's Beta stage and it had a lot of bugs then, but once the game was released it was an entirely different game, and I mean for the worse.

First off, the game had nothing to stop cheaters from using aimbot, esp and all of that stuff, so you primarily only played in games with a couple of people or empty so you could at least enjoy the game without being killed by a cheater. This only got worse over time, and I quit about the time they implemented that fairplay, because the developer kept on with lies. The servers were supposed to be priced reasonable, or at least that's what he said, something around $20 a month, but when they actually allowed you to rent servers, it was $60+ a month, and even more for a password protected server.

So what people started doing is renting slots out and you paid them with the in-game stuff or the currency that you could shop with(I don't remember what it's called). That was the only way to actually play a decent game without having to worry about cheaters.

Then what killed the game the most is the developer kept messing with the loot spawns, zombie spawns and all of that and it just got tiring. You would of honestly never expected the game to be such crap after looking so promising.

I wouldn't give this game to somebody for free. If you want a zombie game, play Day Z or wait for H1Z1(though it keeps getting pushed back).
  25. Jan 28, 2014
    I have been waiting to give a review since I naively paid for this so called game when it came out. DO NOT BUY THIS DO NOT EVEN PLAY IT you will save yourself a lot of time and trouble.

The developers are **** and are simply money grabbing pricks who force purchasing of in game items to play. It is a shining example of greed and the shame of the gaming community.
  26. Mar 13, 2014
    My original review of this title when it was known as "The WarZ" was incredibly generous, but now I see this game for what it is, a scam. It places you in an unattractive glitchy world full of terrible zombie animations, ugly textures and unused space. The game runs awful and their coders have no clue what they’re doing. They are constantly changing the game, in bad ways. Loot has neverMy original review of this title when it was known as "The WarZ" was incredibly generous, but now I see this game for what it is, a scam. It places you in an unattractive glitchy world full of terrible zombie animations, ugly textures and unused space. The game runs awful and their coders have no clue what they’re doing. They are constantly changing the game, in bad ways. Loot has never been stable. It’s either out of control and you’re being flooded with finding chemlights at every spawn or you’re finding nothing. Hammerpoint is constantly finding ways to get their players to spend money. You can buy items in the marketplace, buy your own private server to avoid dying against players and buy premium which allows you to only have a hope at finding something of better value at a spawn point. The lead guy behind the title released a forum post saying that if people didn’t buy from the marketplace the game would eventually have to go offline. They even included a hotkey that opens the shop in-game for you to buy items and have them instantly (which has now been removed with the latest patch). If you’re looking for a “survival” game, this isn’t it. Infestation: Survivor Sandwiches (Kappa) is nothing but a money grab and is ran by a shady company that has no interest in making a quality title, but instead snagging as much money as they can while they kill off the game. I feel like I’m being generous with this again, but my score is definitely changing. Please, if you’re looking for a survival game avoid this piece of trash at all costs. Expand
  27. Dec 2, 2013
    Do not purchase this game.its very bad full of hackers,bugs and disconnect problems,bad support
    Just look at the İnfestation forums to see the problems
  28. Apr 25, 2013
    AWFUL GAME. Those who rate it highly obviously have some sort of brain damage, as that is all I can conceive that could make you enjoy such a hack job ripoff of Day Z. Seriously people, even DayZ isn't THAT good. This game is AWFUL people, sure maybe you and some friends can have some fun, but not as much as say playing ANY OTHER GAME, download TF2 a FREE game with much more content and substance.
  29. Apr 24, 2013
    The WarZ development was very hyped and full of hope that we would get a game the resembles the popular mod DayZ but in a more finished and improved sense it sickens me that the developers has made the development in my mind to the finished product so poorly having still bugs and issues in hacking and server lag stating that they would finish there promises and also fix the bugs in aThe WarZ development was very hyped and full of hope that we would get a game the resembles the popular mod DayZ but in a more finished and improved sense it sickens me that the developers has made the development in my mind to the finished product so poorly having still bugs and issues in hacking and server lag stating that they would finish there promises and also fix the bugs in a later date That alone is not a big problem many games sometimes has a rocky start what really butchered this game is the Devs I commend them for at least trying to make the game but they just ruined it by trying to branch themselves out of DayZ making somewhat shady claims and calling Bandits a very important kind of people who made DayZ the mod enjoyable not knowing who is stalking you in "Sniper Hill plotting to take your stuff adding fuel to the fire. The price of the game is alright and micro transactions are somewhat understandable but the content is not as of yet is not near "Fun" as "Boring" is.It still holds promise but for now it's to most peoples Index in the Section. I hope they prove me and the gaming community wrong. Bottom line $15-16 bucks is OK for a chance/gamble of this bouncing back. Expand
  30. Apr 24, 2013
    The worst survival zombie game ever made.
    Bugs and hacks everywhere. The engine is a crap, and the cash shop is ridiculous.

It look like an alpha of a game.
  31. Apr 28, 2013
    The only reason that I not giving this game lower, is because I did have a small amount of fun when I first played the game. I honestly did have a little fun during the first week with this game...then...i realized that I wasn't having that much fun. I realized that the only way to not die, was to not make any noise and stay as quiet as possible. Now, where as that sounds fun to someThe only reason that I not giving this game lower, is because I did have a small amount of fun when I first played the game. I honestly did have a little fun during the first week with this game...then...i realized that I wasn't having that much fun. I realized that the only way to not die, was to not make any noise and stay as quiet as possible. Now, where as that sounds fun to some stealth fans, I'm not being stealthy to have fun, I'm doing it BECAUSE THERE'S ABSOLUTELY NO INCENTIVE TO WORK TOGETHER!

The hell?! In my little mind, I think that in a zombie game, people should band together to store food, secure boundaries, and just live. If you were try and do that, you'd make that in a safe zone, which people can just camp at and get easy kills. The game, is flat out broken. It has several features that aren't even in the game yet, the microtransactions in it piss me the hell off (even though there can be vendors and such in a town, so it's not completely terrible), and the game is just missing so so much. This game is a broken mess. Please, for the love of god, stay away from it.
  32. Jun 17, 2013
    *CORRECTED*I purchased this game's pioneer package in high hopes that the screen shots of the game would be proved accurate. However, when I got into the game, I was presented with graphics (I was on ultra), in which I couldn't even tell grass was grass when I got close. It was a flat mix of textures. I also had hopes for the features it promised such as the skill tree and the Stronghold*CORRECTED*I purchased this game's pioneer package in high hopes that the screen shots of the game would be proved accurate. However, when I got into the game, I was presented with graphics (I was on ultra), in which I couldn't even tell grass was grass when I got close. It was a flat mix of textures. I also had hopes for the features it promised such as the skill tree and the Stronghold server hosting we where promised with the pioneer and Legendary packages. If not just the Legendary which my friend bought. We haven't gotten any of these features yet. It has been to long waiting and I have given up. There is nothing positive I can say for this game anymore. I used to stand up for it but with the disappointment I have attained throughout the patches. This game, in my honest opinion, was, and I mean every word of it, a giant pile of donkey Sh1t. I wanted to punch my screen every time I got D/C'd from a server for no reason. Also, the amount of hackers in this game made me want to cry. There was no playing legit. So i just stopped and I do NOT regret it. This game is terrible and i want my money back. TL;DR,: This game sucked barb-wired Dild0s And I mean that.
    #Barb-WiredDild0Guy #YOROSHWAG #DoNotBuyOrYourPeePeeWillBeSore #DizzNegga
  33. Jul 20, 2013
    This game had so much potential but is no more than a cash cow. I pre-ordered this and got beta access, promised so much and a year on the game has progressed very little.
    The only real progression for the game is in the in-game purchasing, that's it really.
    The game has a rotten community due to the hatred towards the lazy developers. They've only worked on features that make themselves money and no real benefits to it's players. This is no more than a rushed clone of DayZ and the hatred is mostly deserved.
  34. Aug 21, 2013
    Aburrido juego de senderismo en tiempo real, vagaras por los campos de Colorado(se supone que iba a tener más mapas pero nunca llegaron) sin nada más que hacer que matar zombies, no hay más misiones. La supervivencia que se vende consiste en mantener a raya 2 barras, una de sed y otra de hambre; lo cual es bastante fácil de conseguir.
    Tras jugar durante un par de horas descubres que el
    Tras jugar durante un par de horas descubres que el único interés del juego consiste en coleccionar armas de fuego que es inútil usar contra los zombies.
    Al final todo se reduce a un triste e injusto PVP en 3 zonas del mapa donde los chetos campan a sus anchas sin ningún tipo de control. Una pena porque con un buen equipo detrás habría sido bastante interesante
  35. Apr 14, 2014
    Don't fall for this money grabbing trap. Don't even waste time reading the reviews! Leave while you still can! You've gone far enough already! Don't play this game! Or even think about it! The developers of this game should all be fired and sentenced to life imprisonment and their forums shut down! All they want you to do is to buy the game and then spend money in the market or buyingDon't fall for this money grabbing trap. Don't even waste time reading the reviews! Leave while you still can! You've gone far enough already! Don't play this game! Or even think about it! The developers of this game should all be fired and sentenced to life imprisonment and their forums shut down! All they want you to do is to buy the game and then spend money in the market or buying private server. This game is absolute garbage! It stinks! Expand
  36. Sep 26, 2013
    Do NOT buy this game. Don't even think about it. Do some research and you'll understand why. These guys should be in jail for all the false advertising they did. SCAM!

Now they changed the name from "War Z" to "Infestation: Survivor Stories" just to try and scam more people. Sad.
  37. Oct 7, 2013
    So infestation? worth playing? niope 99.9% of the players do use the ESP cheat.. if you dont die to zombies you will die by a player... it isn't worth spending your GC or BD... And you most likely will download a trojan.. made from players who play the game 'WarZ' to take all your items.. today it happened to me... 7 month of farming and everything is gone.. SUCKS. don't play this gameSo infestation? worth playing? niope 99.9% of the players do use the ESP cheat.. if you dont die to zombies you will die by a player... it isn't worth spending your GC or BD... And you most likely will download a trojan.. made from players who play the game 'WarZ' to take all your items.. today it happened to me... 7 month of farming and everything is gone.. SUCKS. don't play this game your gonna have a bad time O_o Expand
  38. Nov 18, 2013
    Takes the biscuit as the worst game I've ever bought... Massively regret buying it. Save your money and your heartache and buy something, anything else.
  39. Feb 21, 2014
    I bought this game when it first came out to gain access to the early alpha. Since then many things... happened. I experienced that there were no remarkable changes for the better compared to what got worse or stayed the same.

+ zombie apocalypse + realistic thirst/hunger system - paying for a game shouldn't include "real money items" - forged ad pictures (still!) - endless

+ zombie apocalypse
    + realistic thirst/hunger system

- paying for a game shouldn't include "real money items"
    - forged ad pictures (still!)
    - endless development without significant changes
    - almost everytime fails at atmosphere and depth in gaming
    - still many hackers
    - frustrating loot system

And the list is ongoing. I am not sure if it even deserves 2/10 :
  40. Nov 3, 2014
    Don't buy this game. No. Never ever. Even if you see it on sale for like a buck, or even like 50 cents or something... NO! DO NOT! That money can go towards helping a starving child or some sh#t like that, hell maybe even towards a game that deserves that kind of money!

Wait, did I just mix up my priorities? Eh, I'm sure it's nothing... Pros: *Makes for a good present if you want to

Wait, did I just mix up my priorities? Eh, I'm sure it's nothing...

Pros:
    *Makes for a good present if you want to breakup with someone
    *Makes for a good present if you really want to breakup with someone
    *Look by this point if you're going to buy it for someone, you must really dislike them because you're essentially spending your hard earned money on something you can do for free, like for instance: Take a sh#t in a paper bag and say it's an offering of what you think of your relationship with them.
    *If you ever go on Metacritic, there's like 600 or so positive reviews, and you just have to wonder, how was someone this stupid to rate it high in the first place... then you read the reviews... and you immediately want to never go to Metacritic ever again...
    *aaaaaaaaaaaand that's about it... I'm sure there's one guy that will say "aefujhkhl but therz thingz it duz betta then Day Z"... f@#k em...
    Cons:
    *Yeah... not going to list the plethora of cons... I have a life to live

Overall score... a F@#kNo/10
  41. Dec 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Do not purchase this game. They can delete/ban/block your account with reason or without reason *READ THE CONTRACT* Admin can ban you if he think you are using cheaters... *they will not help you if you lose items on your inventory* Well you can try the support it will take more than 1 month to they get back with you. The game should be great only thing need to fix is the administrator of it *more like they run it on the back of a garage* A word SCUM they are* Expand
  42. Nov 19, 2013
    I bought this on sale for less than a fiver a while ago. After all the bad press and controversy I thought to myself, "Meh, how bad can it be?" Turns out it can be bad, real bad. With terrible textures, next to no animations, microtransactions for crap you'll use or lose within minutes, hackers, fraudulent developers, a tonne of copyright breaches, and some of the worst false advertising II bought this on sale for less than a fiver a while ago. After all the bad press and controversy I thought to myself, "Meh, how bad can it be?" Turns out it can be bad, real bad. With terrible textures, next to no animations, microtransactions for crap you'll use or lose within minutes, hackers, fraudulent developers, a tonne of copyright breaches, and some of the worst false advertising I have ever seen... this is BAD... I could have discarded this as just a badly made game but all the things happening behind the scenes just shames the title even further. Expand
  43. Nov 19, 2013
    I have purchased this game because i played Day Z before.. this game was from start very bad, buggy and there was lot of cheaters.
    Now after 6 months.. they made so many bad updates and core misleads. I spend here lot of money for gear and they had limited global inventory. Maybe is time for asking for refund. Warning, don't buy this game if u don't want leave it after year with tears in your eyes. There are still lot of cheaters and amateur developers.
  44. Nov 20, 2013
    worst game ever. they recently had a patch that limits their player's global inventory to 200 slots. the developers are so greedy that they will find any way to make you spend money on their game. i.g. making slots from unlimited to 200 slots so that players would have to buy lockers. greedy bastards! this game should not even be on steam. they are so slow at developing the game too. Aworst game ever. they recently had a patch that limits their player's global inventory to 200 slots. the developers are so greedy that they will find any way to make you spend money on their game. i.g. making slots from unlimited to 200 slots so that players would have to buy lockers. greedy bastards! this game should not even be on steam. they are so slow at developing the game too. A LOT OF HACKERS ALSO! Expand
  45. Nov 21, 2013
    No not buy this game, just don't. Any reviews you see that are giving this any more than a 3 are probably getting paid by the developers. Since this game's release, it has changed very little, a lot of the boring game play, bugs and glitches hackers and extortion by the developers remains with little attempt to fix them since.

Not to mention hammerpoint's appalling business practices,

Not to mention hammerpoint's appalling business practices, suppressing negative opinions of their game, paying people off to hype their game among other things.
  46. Nov 21, 2013
    I really only have these words to say about this... this monstrosity of a game...

Pure. Utter. Garbage.

Do not ever buy this game, ever, be smart with your money, get DayZ instead, its SO much better I assure you.
  47. Nov 21, 2013
    DO NOT BUY! The Dev team are a complete joke, (led by ArtemisKnives an arrogant immature 26 year old sellout who acts like he's straight out of highschool) and they constantly troll their community out of money. It's broken promise after broken promise They put the game on steam sale then SCAM you out of your money by removing gameplay mechanics to suit their needs. The Devs make fakeDO NOT BUY! The Dev team are a complete joke, (led by ArtemisKnives an arrogant immature 26 year old sellout who acts like he's straight out of highschool) and they constantly troll their community out of money. It's broken promise after broken promise They put the game on steam sale then SCAM you out of your money by removing gameplay mechanics to suit their needs. The Devs make fake forum accounts to support their own game in hopes of keeping people from leaving. Look to Youtube for honest reviews.. this game is better known as scamZ for a reason! Expand
  48. Nov 21, 2013
    Oh man, this is just evil. I think it is pretty accepted that The War Z is one of the worst games made in the past few years. Or decades. The reasons have been stated time and time again Blatant lies from the company, utterly broken mechanics... The list goes on.
    But now, just to prove that you can sink even lower, they're trying to scam new players by changing their name and rereleasing the same garbage. No fixes. No nothing Just a new name. The "0" score applies to both the game and those that made it.
  49. Nov 28, 2013
    There is no reason to give more than 1 "star" to the game, this is all a crap, poorly designed, and it appear like the devs automatically ban some players just to make money, when the players buy another account. DON'T BUY THIS GAME
  50. Nov 30, 2013
    Waste of time and money, just it. I have nothing more to say, just to full this 150 characters. This game sucks, I play since the alpha, and almost nothing changes, the developers only care about the money.
  51. Nov 30, 2013
    Very bad ripoff of DayZ. The game was previously called "The War Z" before they changed it to avoid the bad press. In addition to being a complete ripoff, the game is very poor quality and has many bugs. The company has very bad customer support, often bans active players with no reason and no way to get your money back.
  52. Dec 1, 2013
    ce jeu est fait avec le derche...--'
    une mise jour ultra bugé tous les 6mois...
    les vidéo de présentation ont 15ans d'avance par rapport au jeux c'est juste une machine fric...une véritable arnaque un conseil ne le prennez pas attendez plutot la suite de state of decay avec son multi prévus pour l'année prochaine, celui là est complètement merdique honnetement...et je me suis
    ce jeu est fait avec le derche...--'
    une mise jour ultra bugé tous les 6mois...
    les vidéo de présentation ont 15ans d'avance par rapport au jeux
    c'est juste une machine fric...une véritable arnaque
    un conseil ne le prennez pas
    honnetement...et je me suis accroché pourtant
  53. Dec 3, 2013
    This is the masterpiece from the biggest money horny producer ever.
    I thought that the game will show potencial but nothing.
    MONEY MONEY MONEY
    Taking a free 2 play engine and trying to use pay 2 pay pay 2 win
  54. Dec 10, 2013
    This game is just terrible. I played this game for awhile and then they started changing stuff like loot spawns. They changed it to where you could almost not find back packs...but they were on sale for real money in their shops. The game is poorly designed and optimized for any PC. DO NOT SUPPORT THIS COMPANY! HP's other games are also terrible just look at their track record includingThis game is just terrible. I played this game for awhile and then they started changing stuff like loot spawns. They changed it to where you could almost not find back packs...but they were on sale for real money in their shops. The game is poorly designed and optimized for any PC. DO NOT SUPPORT THIS COMPANY! HP's other games are also terrible just look at their track record including Sergey Titov's (owns HP) track record. Expand
  55. Dec 21, 2013
    Do not buy this game if you're thinking of buying something! If i were you i'd rather buy Day Z (since War Z, or as it is now Infestation: Survivor Stories or something, is basically a ripoff of Day Z.) Also they keep saying that there are things in-game which is really not there. I'd rather go buy Day Z, 7D2D (7 Days To Die) or Rust.
  56. Dec 23, 2013
    My god... This game is win or forever be mad... Also have a beastly PC or die... Which in my case I don't have a great computer at the time of writing this up. I do like this game at times but they really need to do more stress testing on different built PCs because honestly the amount of times I have had to just endure the problems with AMD/ATI graphic issues have been too much for myMy god... This game is win or forever be mad... Also have a beastly PC or die... Which in my case I don't have a great computer at the time of writing this up. I do like this game at times but they really need to do more stress testing on different built PCs because honestly the amount of times I have had to just endure the problems with AMD/ATI graphic issues have been too much for my money to be well spent. I would assume that after they got the word about people selling GC for a far cheaper price they got working on removing the feature to trade it slowly. This game had the portential but has been ruined by people who might be good at making a game but only make them selfs look like they do their job the part where money comes in. I do not recommend this game to people who don't have the time/skills to play this game. I have not had the skills nor the PC to play this game and PVP only PVE. Expand
  57. Jan 8, 2014
    I played this game from beta and TERRIBLE game with NO SUPPORT. It's only unbalanced PVP it's mean that you will be killed few minutes after log in to some server with some players if you don't take IK from zombie. Support i think that there is not support, I am waiting 14 days for some response from support because i have login problem with email and nobody wasn't sent me noI played this game from beta and TERRIBLE game with NO SUPPORT. It's only unbalanced PVP it's mean that you will be killed few minutes after log in to some server with some players if you don't take IK from zombie. Support i think that there is not support, I am waiting 14 days for some response from support because i have login problem with email and nobody wasn't sent me no feedback. To my created escalation request they wrote me: "Further tickets on the same issue will be considered spam and can allow us to remove you from the support system. Please wait patiently until we can answer your original ticket." what does it mean wait for what Hate this game, hate their support. If you want play zombie survival game try State of decay or DayZ. Expand
  58. Jan 23, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. just fail game. walk = wall dc and after login you are just dead by random zombies ( before dc i killed all ) .............................. Expand
  59. Jan 28, 2014
    READ!
    YOU PAY FOR THE GAME! AND THEN YOU PAY FOR MORE STUFF IN THE GAME!

Original title of the game is The War Z Read about it and forget about this **** company and their ways of getting money...

its basicly a ripoff from Dayz with a pay to win
  60. Apr 9, 2014
    I think it is real funny how every positive review is a 9 or a 10, seems like score fixing, this game is a failure, yeah, play it for a few hours, then just like you had the need to find a new game and are thinking about this you will be looking for a new game again, just get a successful Zombie game, this copied DayZ by using WarZ then they had to change it do to legal action by you knowI think it is real funny how every positive review is a 9 or a 10, seems like score fixing, this game is a failure, yeah, play it for a few hours, then just like you had the need to find a new game and are thinking about this you will be looking for a new game again, just get a successful Zombie game, this copied DayZ by using WarZ then they had to change it do to legal action by you know who DayZ, it came off Steam at score 33 now it is back on with score of 20 and declining further as more people waste there $5, yes it was $15 now it is $5, see how desperate they are? The servers are either empty or with a small group of friends, and hackers are there still this game does not use VAC or PB nothing, also you have micro transactions, yeah buy some extra bullets, **** stupid. Expand
  61. Feb 24, 2014
    Отвратительная игра. Графика и физика года 2001-2002. Хотя, последнее и вовсе прошлого тысячелетия. Хуже этой игры вы вряд ли что-то найдете, даже симулятор стройки от немцев вам покажется эталоном игропрома. Одни лишь обещания, море вранья, отвратительное отношение к пользователям и многое-многое другое, вы найдете в этой игре. Спасибо.Отвратительная игра. Графика и физика года 2001-2002. Хотя, последнее и вовсе прошлого тысячелетия. Хуже этой игры вы вряд ли что-то найдете, даже симулятор стройки от немцев вам покажется эталоном игропрома. Одни лишь обещания, море вранья, отвратительное отношение к пользователям и многое-многое другое, вы найдете в этой игре. Спасибо.
  62. Mar 17, 2014
    WOOOOOW ich habe 15 Euro für diese §$%§$%

gezahlt ich schäme mich das ich es einen freund empfolen habe und er es sich gekauft hat ! es tut mir leide so ein Spiel würde ich nicht mal meinen schlimmsten feind Empfehlen. zur zeit kostet es 1.50€ bei Steam und es ist es echt nicht wert ! Jetzt haben sie es sogar noch schlimmer gemacht als es schon war du kannst jetzt mit F10 egal wo
    WOOOOOW ich habe 15 Euro für diese §$%§$%

gezahlt ich schäme mich das ich es einen freund empfolen
    habe und er es sich gekauft hat !
    zur zeit kostet es 1.50€ bei Steam und es ist es echt nicht wert !
    Jetzt haben sie es sogar noch schlimmer gemacht als es schon war du kannst jetzt mit F10 egal wo du bist einfach einkaufen....................das ist ein SURVIVAL GAME !!! wo mann sich egal wo einfach was kaufen kann .........Posapocaliptischer Pizza Service !!!!!!!!!!
    Leute geht zum Flohmarkt und kauft gebrauchte Oma Schlüpfer da habt ihr 1000x mehr von.

oder kauft euch ein Buch !
    egal was nur nicht dieses hingekotzte counterstrike / dayz rip off

KAUFT ES NICHT ES VERBREITET KREBS !
  63. Apr 3, 2014
    A ripoff and a scam. Do not purchase this product. If you feel like "Eh, the meta critic reviews aren't everything, maybe it's a troll" Just, don't listen to your inner self and don't even give them even the 5$ sale price. If you want a game that's more fast paced than DayZ with the same general feel, grab Nether. But in the end, Day Z is the game to get for this genre.
  64. Apr 15, 2014
    I bought this game because I thought it would be really good due to it's plot, I guess I was COMPLETELY wrong. It doesn't ever work and the game is that bad that I've only played at least 2 hours of it before it started braking with error reports. Awful game, never buy it, never waste your money on this rubbish.
  65. May 20, 2014
    I like how they tricked me into buying it again by RE-naming it and putting it on steam with a different trailer.
    I should have got my money back for that stunt.
    game is a total piece of crap , probs the worst game I have ever played in a good few years,
    and its a total shameless rip off done in the worst way possible.
  66. Jul 31, 2014
    The "worst" game ever made. It's even worse than Superman 64 or E.T on Atari 2600. It has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Do not play this game. You can't even call it a "game". It's an insult to the humanity.
  67. Aug 28, 2014
    This Game is a waste of time Playing you run around for hours city's and towns are to far apart and other players KOS kill on Sight. Don't buy It Wait for Updates to Rust or HZ1
  68. Sep 21, 2014
    I don't like this game.It's too expensive and this game is DayZ copy and they very very use your display card and your CPU.I don't know why it so lag.I play the other game like BF3 I didn't even lag.But when I play this game it's so lag even I change the graphic to low.It's very bad game that I have play ever.
  69. Sep 29, 2014
    One thing to mention first and foremost is that this game saw a previous release on steam under a different name, which was booed of steam.
    This is a game that lies to you upfront, a game that is full of meaningless in game transaction with real money. This game does so many things wrong, has so many flaws ,sub par graphics,and just terrible features. Besides the fact this is a clear rip off, of the hit DayZ, this game clearly cares little for gamers. The game has horrid controls, terrible game play, boring open world, and more bugs then you can shake a stick at. The game play consists of running around the world trying to kill zombies, but zombies almost never kill you, the other players rdm'ing do. The world is a lie, its smaller than they said and there is only one. This game is steaming pile of bugs and just overall terrible game feel. do not buy this game, you cannot support this kind of blatant cash in. If this game had a free to play model and removed the stupid in game purchase, or at least made them meaningful and if Hammerpoint interactive loses the give us money mentality they may stand a chance. But for now kill this game before it can breed more like it!
  70. Oct 14, 2014
    This game is horrible! Wow...do not buy this game! You've been warned. It is filled with hackers and cheaters. This game is not survival game at all, this is a run-n-shoot fps for cheaters and hackers. And, it is a pay-to-win game..if you are rich you can win if no cheaters playing with you...you will get killed on sight every time you join a server by campers and cheaters. Played it andThis game is horrible! Wow...do not buy this game! You've been warned. It is filled with hackers and cheaters. This game is not survival game at all, this is a run-n-shoot fps for cheaters and hackers. And, it is a pay-to-win game..if you are rich you can win if no cheaters playing with you...you will get killed on sight every time you join a server by campers and cheaters. Played it and uninstalled it. Wasted my time and money...oh well. Expand
  71. Oct 24, 2014
    If you've ever wanted to feel the sensation of shoving glass shards up your ass, then this game is for you! Seriously though, the game's not finished, hell why am I calling it a game, it barely functions as one! It was made by one of the worst developers of all time: Hammerpoint interactive, and do you want to know their previous title? Well, it's Big Rigs: Over the road racing, one of theIf you've ever wanted to feel the sensation of shoving glass shards up your ass, then this game is for you! Seriously though, the game's not finished, hell why am I calling it a game, it barely functions as one! It was made by one of the worst developers of all time: Hammerpoint interactive, and do you want to know their previous title? Well, it's Big Rigs: Over the road racing, one of the worst PC games of all time. Now let that sink in. Expand
  72. Nov 2, 2014
    Do not, buy this game! Biggest regret I've made in the gaming industry. I got ripped off $30 for the pre-order! Most of the features that were promised were not made, and the system of the game was literally ripped out of a free-to-play game known as "War Inc." The game was so notorious, the developers changed the name of the game from "WarZ", to "I:SS". The game has so many bugs, hackers,Do not, buy this game! Biggest regret I've made in the gaming industry. I got ripped off $30 for the pre-order! Most of the features that were promised were not made, and the system of the game was literally ripped out of a free-to-play game known as "War Inc." The game was so notorious, the developers changed the name of the game from "WarZ", to "I:SS". The game has so many bugs, hackers, and a horrible anti-hack system. Heck, they would ban random people for no valid reason. Before it was released, it looked like it had potential. Now it's just a "worse than a f2p" game that swindled me out of 30 bucks. Expand
  73. Dec 23, 2012
    Bought it on steam and after playing for about 3 hours and reading all the horrible reviews I asked for a refund from steam tech support. This game should still be considered alpha, it is horrible, and even missing advertised features. Just a horrible clone of DayZ. Luckily I got a refund to my steam wallet.
  74. Sep 23, 2013
    This is not a game, this is a scam designed for users to pay contantly for items. Not fun, not worth of time nor money. It was called warz a few months ago, not it changes its name to keep scamming unaware people.
  75. Jul 20, 2013
    Worst game experience I've ever had. Game crashes, bugs everywhere and pay to revive or wait one hour to play again? Pay real money for bullets? Really? The game is clearly unfinished and they ask money for it. Do not buy it!
  76. Jul 20, 2013
    Do not buy this game! EVER! Yup, as you can probably already tell I was unfortunately one of the many poor bastards that jumped on the Steam $3.74 sale bandwagon! Oh, wow what a shame. This is by far the most absolutely horrible, pathetic, lamest, crappiest, and a few more blankety blank blanks game I have ever played. I've never written a review or bothered with anything like this before,Do not buy this game! EVER! Yup, as you can probably already tell I was unfortunately one of the many poor bastards that jumped on the Steam $3.74 sale bandwagon! Oh, wow what a shame. This is by far the most absolutely horrible, pathetic, lamest, crappiest, and a few more blankety blank blanks game I have ever played. I've never written a review or bothered with anything like this before, but this game has motivated me to do so now. This game is purely pay to maybe win and free to lose and die, suffer, regret, and rage, to the extreme. I'll lay out some math for you... They start you out with a flashlight, a granola bar, and a bottle of water. If you stand there without moving your thirst and hunger degenerate, which is fine, but it's to the extent that you have to eat and drink something roughly every 10 15 minutes. Huh, that's lame. Now, you have to find food and water by going into zombie infested areas which isn't too horrible, you have to survive, that's understandable. But then the map is really small and there's usually about 20 30 players minimum in any server at any time, so good luck getting the good stuff as a noob with a flashlight going against hordes of zombies and other dudes with guns, and not to mention you have about 30 minutes to do so otherwise you starve to death or die of thirst. But! You can buy food and water in the store! =O Holy crap, hallelujah! (Can't believe I spelled that right the first time.) Downside A bottle of water costs $400 in game cash, or a certain amount of gold coin things that you can only get with real money where 5 USD gets you 615 or so. So, $400 in game cash for a bottle of water. How hard could that be to get with only a flashlight and 30 minutes to spare? Well, according to the Wiki zombies have a 1:10 chance of dropping cash. They only ever really drop about 30-50 bucks in cash each time. So if you're lucky, you can afford a single bottle of water in about 30 zombie kills...maybe. And no, flashlights don't kill zombies very fast if you're wondering. Now, on top of this, the voice chat a good idea except people who pay out their asses for this game are as pathetic as what they sound, total BLANK-holes that shoot first, skip the questions, and hump your dead face. Horrible gaming community involved with this game, the customer support has never gotten anything but terrible reviews, they are obviously only using this game to make money, ripping their customers off at any chance they get, and don't forget that they can ban you for crashing if they decide to, or ban you for no reason at all, instead of actually having a passion for game design and providing something at least partially half way decent to play. The graphics suck, the game play is worthless, and the price is beyond insane. If there are any good reviews ANYWHERE about this game, they are most likely being paid by whatever hammer industry that devised this scam to rip people off. You can only play the game at first by playing a male, so if you're a girl and want to play as a female, you have to get $150,000 in game cash to buy the character, or spend about $5 to get a character. Every item that you use real life currency to purchase goes BYE BYE if you die, nothing is retained after you die. And you have to wait an hour before you can play again on that character. If there's any more crap about this game that I'm missing, I'm sure there's plenty of it left out there, eventually you'll walk right into the fan spraying all the BLANK, enjoy if you give this game a chance, I'd strongly suggest seeing the 20/100 metacritic score and avoid this catastrophe. This concludes my review, I am a proud survivor of this ridiculous infestation for three and a half hours, and now most currently a beyond proud and relieved uninstaller of Infestation Survivor Stories with way more BLANKS then any game should allow. I feel sorry for anyone who gives this game a chance, it's not worth it, and they only want your money without giving anything in return. Expand
  77. Dec 23, 2012
    Worthless trash. I'm not even going to list the issues, the blaringly large % of negative reviews here on Metacritic is already a solid warning that you should not buy this game. Save yourself the dreaded feeling of "oh snap, I just wasted $20" and go and buy yourself a kebab and a coke, you will be MUCH more satisified.
  78. Dec 24, 2012
    What a bummer,they trying to release the game that haven`t finish yet.And now people who brought it got scammed.Stick with DayZ instead.WarZ is just a piece of crap that they wanna look like DayZ but even better,but nothing can do anymore with broken gameplay at all and rob money by purchase something...what a joke.War Inc game should not make a game like this!
  79. Jan 31, 2013
    A complete piece of garbage. Some games just rip off others, and the results is often mediocre at best, but War Z beats records in terms of lazy game development. If trolling had its equivalent in the game industry, this game would be a fine example. Stay away from this sorry excuse for a quick cash grab.
  80. Apr 4, 2013
    Full of cheaters. You can find cheats easily in the internet and the development team does not care about it. It's unplayable. But there is one thing that i can tell you: This game is awesome without the hacks. Obviously some weapons are hard to find and a zombie can kill you easily if you're used to play games on the rookie mode. The game is realistic and fun, but you can't beat cheaters,Full of cheaters. You can find cheats easily in the internet and the development team does not care about it. It's unplayable. But there is one thing that i can tell you: This game is awesome without the hacks. Obviously some weapons are hard to find and a zombie can kill you easily if you're used to play games on the rookie mode. The game is realistic and fun, but you can't beat cheaters, and they're everywhere. Expand
  81. Dec 19, 2012
    Unfinished game sold as a complete title. This is a scam. Also the way the developers already try to monetize an unfinished product (death timers etc..) is sickening.
  82. Dec 19, 2012
    This game is one of 2012's biggest disappointments (if people even believed this would have been successful)

The Steam page is full of lies, no 100 man servers, no skills, micro-transactions in an already paid game, and a 'final product' that looks more like an Alpha build.

DO NOT PURCHASE THIS GAME: That $15 can be spent on many different other games.
  83. Jul 19, 2013
    DO NOT BUY THIS GAME! The developer, Sergei Titov is a fraud and A CHEAT and THE GAME IS AS WELL. The developer himself SHOULD BE IN PRISON FOR ALL OF THE CRAP HE'S PUT OUT OVER THE YEARS. DOO NOOOOOOT BUYYYYY THIIIIIIIIS GAAAAMMMMEEEEEE!!!!!!!
  84. Apr 18, 2013
    Its an unfinished, buggy and unplayable game with all the hackers, and then I am randomly banned out of the blue for no reason.

Went to make a complain and asked them to review it for me at the help website and simply received a reply telling me how I was hacking and that the evidence is too sensitive to be shown. I then made a fake account with an email address of mine that was not

I then made a fake account with an email address of mine that was not a registered warz account using a character name that was not in game (sbfsbmmzq2) Then made a complaint that I was banned for no reason.

Guess what? I RECEIVED THE SAME REPLY AS I DID ON MY OTHER ACCOUNT.

These people are crooks banning people for no reason coincidentally after the Paypal deadline for returns/claims.

Do not buy this horrible game or support these crooks. The game overall is poor with in-game items becoming rare whilst in-game shop items become more expensive.
  85. Jan 20, 2013
    I bought and played this game and let me tell you. I've never been so dissapointed about a game in my life and i've NEVER been robbed of my money like this before. Save your time and money on something else.
  86. Feb 19, 2013
    This is the worst game i ever bought. They keep making promises and not a single major update, hackers everywhere, a lot of glitches, bugs, the zombies are useless, its more like a call of duty full of crap. Sold the game for 10 bucks after 3 weeks playing.
  87. Mar 21, 2013
    This game is a complete rip off! Hammer point interactive has LIED to all our faces, I don't under stand how people could like or defend this game or hammer point.
  88. Dec 23, 2012
    This game is just horrendous. False advertising is the only reason it sold even a single copy. either that or because they though it was the Day Z standalone.
  89. Dec 20, 2012
    0 in score is too big for this game

I thought diablo 3 was the big disappointment in 2012, was totally fooled. This game sucks in every aspect, the game is not finished for being sold on Steam, the developers dont care about the buyers making funny about this situation, and if you say anything, you are banned from the forums
    I never will buy anything again of hammerpoint
  90. Jul 13, 2013
    Simply "The War Z" with a different name because it was too close to comfort for "World War Z", same old crap, same old treatment, same terrible old game, don't support it, don't let anyone else support it and let VALVe know that you don't want this kind of garbage on STEAM.

What's even more amazing is the fact that they made no attempts to let people know that Infestation: Survivor Stories was simply The War Z. Terrible, terrible, bad.
  91. Jul 18, 2013
    Do not waste your money on this game. This game use to be warz and they renamed it because
    nobody was buying the game based on the fact is is garbage.
  92. Feb 15, 2013
    Never played this game, nore will i ever play it, but i wanted to be the 1000th negative review. So... yeah. I feel less special than i previously anticipated...
  93. Dec 19, 2012
    The worst and most epic disappointing game I have ever seen. I say stay away from it. Do not waste your time and your money my friends. This game is absolutely terrible.
  94. Dec 19, 2012
    I bought into the alpha of this around a few months back, videos and comments seem to show the same game I was playing back then. I was very patient back then, in spite of them doing nothing about the rampant hackers that I would constantly run into. I was hoping that after a couple of months it would be a little more playable, and when I saw it on steam recently I was hoping that it wasI bought into the alpha of this around a few months back, videos and comments seem to show the same game I was playing back then. I was very patient back then, in spite of them doing nothing about the rampant hackers that I would constantly run into. I was hoping that after a couple of months it would be a little more playable, and when I saw it on steam recently I was hoping that it was polished enough (I'm a hopeful idiot lol) to play. It's not. Oh wait, i did notice highway markers on the map now, pretty cool. At least the map is pretty close to finished, not the TERRAIN, just the map SCREEN. about the only thing in the game unfortunately that looks ANY BIT different than it did months ago. The devs were initially biting off of the shooter genre then decided to totally be original, and bite off the dayz mod. no one else had done that yet, and there were tons of crappy shooters to compete with but only 1 dayz until they decided to rip it off, and make a paid + microtransaction-based product worse than a free mod. there should be a medal for that. Achievement Unlocked: EPiC DEV FAiL Expand
  95. Dec 19, 2012
    2012 War z = 1982 E.T. This might be worse than the 1982 game... I cant get over the blatant disrespect for their costumers, and fans.. This company deserves to go down into the depths of gaming hell...
  96. Dec 19, 2012
    Sergey Titov finally got his sh*t out ! He wanted a Big Rigs: Over the road racing for everybody in the world, he created War Inc to reach every pc shooter gamer, and now he's reaching the DayZ/Walking Dead/PlaceZombieGameNameHere hype to get even more money from players !

When you think he can just put a free2play game as War Inc and get money from micro-transactions, or just sell a **** game 20$ for no interest, he's going even further and offering you the ultimate deal : A Free 2 Play that you need to pay to be able to go on 50 players "MMO" servers that you can't even purchase or rent !

The magic behind it is that he sold it as a DayZ killer, but barely gave us a Big Rigs Killer. Seriously, this game is sooooooo much better than the old Big Rigs !

ENJOY YOUR GAMES BUDDY ! Hammerpoint will go down in few weeks, DayZ Standalone is coming out shortly, and Sergey will leave with all your money ! GOOD DEAL SERGEY ! GOOD DEAL !
  97. Dec 19, 2012
    Walk around for an hour. Get shot. Start a new character. Walk around for an hour. Get shot. Start three more characters, walk around for an hour on each, get shot. Rinse, repeat. Or, fortunately, request a refund from Steam, which I did get.
  98. Dec 19, 2012
    I was originally excited about this game. The DayZ mod was too graphically intense for me and this game seemed to hold the answer. What followed was a good faith effort by mass amounts of would be fans followed by HORRIBLE mismanagement of every possible step of game production. Feels like this company should stick to spamming Facebook games till it learns some important lessons aboutI was originally excited about this game. The DayZ mod was too graphically intense for me and this game seemed to hold the answer. What followed was a good faith effort by mass amounts of would be fans followed by HORRIBLE mismanagement of every possible step of game production. Feels like this company should stick to spamming Facebook games till it learns some important lessons about business, game mechanics, and community building. Already put my money into this game, at this point, I would not suggest anyone else follow suit. If you have already committed and would like a community to hold out hope in, contact someone in BMFZ. Expand
  99. Dec 19, 2012
    This is by far the largest, most obvious cash in of DayZ yet. However, the sad thing is they didn't even have the audacity to create a somewhat decent game. Its buggy, the textures are nothing short of hideous and the developers outright lied to the consumers about the game, promising things that never came. If you purchased this game, my condolences, as you have bought into a Alpha
  100. Dec 19, 2012
    Not only is the game terrible, the devs lied about the features present in the game and then blamed the gamers for not liking it. Then publicly tried to say that 93% of players said they liked it.
  101. Dec 19, 2012
    WORST. GAME. EVER...

... unless you like pay2win, dishonest developers, broken and/or unfulfilled promises about the game development, **** graphics, a massive amount of hackers and paying 15$ (and more if you want to use all features via in game currency) for what basically is a mod of an already **** free2play (and pay2win) game War Inc. Go spend your money on everything but this,
    WORST. GAME. EVER...

Go spend your money on everything but this, even a Nickelback album.

1. Mar 7, 2013
    Its mechanical foundation - like this Foundation Release - crumbles at the lightest touch. [March 2013, p.94]
  2. Feb 22, 2013
    The War Z has about as much value as its crappy in-game melee weaponry and that’s not much at all. At least it doesn’t cost anything to play after you buy it, and the cash shop items are fair enough, so you won’t see people running around with machine guns just because they spent money. If you’re going to give your money to a zombie-survival game, grab ArmA II and a copy of the DayZ mod, or wait for the full retail version of DayZ to arrive on digital store shelves and check that out. Do not buy into The War Z.
  3. Feb 5, 2013
    The War Z might use the same elements that make DayZ an enthralling experience. But it puts them together so halfheartedly that you have to turn away in disbelief.