1.7

Overwhelming dislike- based on 3870 Ratings

1. Dec 19, 2012
    This pathetic excuse for a game is nothing but a cash grab, and a polished turd. No, not even that, just a turd. I've been playing it since the very start and it's not any fun. It looks like arse, it runs like arse, it plays like arse. It's arse. The end.
  2. Dec 20, 2012
    A Sandbox(without the sand) FPS/3rd person shooter, with zombies getting in the way. You don't buy this game, you pay for Lifetime Alpha Access!

This is what a true survival horror should be. Not only should you have to endure zombies, and other players trying to kill you, but awful performance, bad frame rates, Lying developers, bugs, hackers, exploiters, and forum moderators too!

If this game ever gets all of its features implemented, I would say this game would be a 5 at best. As of right now, its unreviewable since its downright unplayable so that makes it a Zero in my book. This game is an FPS with a 1 hour respawn timer, and cash shop. Buying items with real money in this game is for stupid noobs, since its a full loot game. You will most likely get killed as soon as you zone into the game.

Currently you are only given four choices in this game.
    1)Create a Normal mode player to be played on any server.
    2)Create a Hardcore mode player to be played on any server.
    3)Logout.
    4)Uninstall.

I prefer option 4! And suggest that you stay away from The WarZ, unless you really, really like Zombies, and bad games.
  3. Dec 20, 2012
    This game is the biggest pile of **** since Big Rigs Racing. It's an obvious rip off of Day Z and the developers are **** I bought the game a couple of months ago directly from the website and I requested a refund a couple of weeks ago. I really tried to give this game a chance, I really want it to be good, but it's not in any way and it was most likely a get rich quick scheme requiring VERY little effort by the developers (models, texture, animations are directly copied from their F2P game War Inc.) and it shows. If you want to play a REAL zombie survival game, play Day Z, this game has nothing on Day Z and that is a free mod. Not to mention all the screenshots and gameplay that come from the developer are complete fabrications. I was supposed to get a discount for buying into the beta early, but it cost me nearly $30 when it cost only $13 now? Trust me, DO NOT waste your money you will regret this purchase. Expand
  4. Dec 20, 2012
    This game is an alpha mod of War, Inc, with the developers charging players money to play. It's being advertised by its developers as something it is not, including history of development and game features. Though this is not surprising given that Sergey Titov, the head guy at WarZ, has a history of half way developing budget titles and abandoning them once initial sales are made. See, for instance, Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing, noted as one of the worst games of all time due to advertised but missing features, a host of bugs, and lacking basic functionality like AI, physics modeling, or collision detection. In this light, WarZ appears to be another attempt, though more sophisticated, by Sergey at a cash grab. Expand
  5. Dec 20, 2012
    While scanning through the new games on Steam I stumbled upon "The WarZ". I heard about the game a few months ago but didn't really follow it's development. I loved DayZ and because this game is basically based on DayZ I thought it would be pretty cool. I was wrong. Only few of the features listed on the steam page actually existed in the game. The game runs like crap. I don't have the newest PC there is but I can run other games just fine on highest settings (including Far Cry 3, Skyrim etc). The gameplay is awful. Zombie AI is basically non-existent (they just zerg you, attack you from miles away and get attracted even while using stealth , loot is nearly impossible to find as a new player, you can't swim (???????? WHAT), sneaking feels very slow and buggy. The overall animations are really poor. Texture quality is on par with some very low-budget F2P games. The game isn't F2P, yet they have the guts of implementing a micro transaction shop which BTW sells ammo, food and other valuable items IN A SURVIVAL GAME! Also, if you decide to spend money on stuff like the hats, don't, you lose them once you die LOL.

Horrible, horrible game. Thanks for giving us a full refund and taking this piece of trash of your service Valve.
  6. Dec 20, 2012
    I voted 1 because of the work there probably was done. This game is a big scam because this is clearny not what they advertised for. I asked for a refund, they just blocked my account, and they never sent my money back. The graphics are like ages old, the game is not finished at all. This is just a money machine, nothing more. Every 3D objects come from a free to play game named War Inc. What's the point of making a new paid game based on a free one ? Expand
  7. Dec 20, 2012
    **** terrible game.
    Did I mention it's made by the same guy who made Big Rigs?
    Also,the moderators are terrible,will ban you for saying anything bad about the game or them.
    The developers are liars.
  8. Dec 20, 2012
    You've got some brass balls to steal from people in this day and age, everyone knows who you are Sergey, better watch your 6. The world doesn't take kindly to theft.
  9. Dec 20, 2012
    Hi guys, I'm here just to say one thing : Don't buy this game! Many features listed on Steam are completely missing. This "Sergey Titov" it's a liar! Just look at the War Z forums to see the problems, problems everywhere. PLEASE PLAY DAYZ, BUT DON'T PLAY THIS GAME!!
  10. Dec 20, 2012
    This is the worst peice of **** i have ever played, seriously , unbalanced and awful..., i seriously gave this game a chance, and to be fair the UI is pretty cool, but the bugs, hackers and gameplay is crap. its like how come you let this game be sold , its not even worth £1 let alone £10......
  11. Dec 20, 2012
    I was one of the suckers who bought this on Steam. Thank goodness for their expedited refunds. Aside from horribly misleading advertising, the game is awful. Even the promised "AAA graphics" are laughable. Not to mention a micro-transaction system inside a paid game. Many parts of the GUI seems broken, and the actual gameplay is terrible. I really cannot imagine that anyone thought that this hot mess was ready to release as a finished product. It's an alpha and should have been thrown away. Expand
  12. Lys
    Dec 20, 2012
    Foreword: Before playing the War Z, I had not played DayZ, so I can't compare the two games. Though I will freely say, they're two different beasts, just with similar content matter.

Oh, and this is gonna be long. Deal with it.

I originally purchased this game about a week after the initial release, after having some doubts as to whether it'd be worth the money. I'm not a
    tight-lipped person, by any means, but I wanted some off-hand opinions from people first. Aside from some major technical issues on the first day, which I can chalk up to server overloads, I'd heard mostly good words from my friends.

So, I figured I'd buy it. And I did. $20 well spent, in my opinion.

My first impression was kind of soured by getting spawn-killed by another player with a flashlight about 10 seconds after spawning. That I'm gonna chalk up to misfortune, because to date, it has not happened again. It IS possible to be killed by zombies upon spawning in the game world, but that happens as a result of poor player planning 90% of the time (read: logging out in a dangerous spot).

Starting off alone, I began playing with the lessons learned from the players on the forums; I didn't want to go in willy-nilly. Once you figure out that you have to aim for the head in order to do damage to zombies, you get a certain feeling of power over the game's PvE elements. As a result of one of the most recent updates, zombies have more or less doubled or tripled in number. You learn that stealth is the way to go, that you have to watch how much noise you make, that having a team by your side is near mandatory if you don't want to see the "You have died. Killed by zombies." screen too often. Don't get me wrong, it's going to happen. A lot.

Zombie Apocalypse + Trigger Happy Players + Unrestricted PvP = Many, many deaths = Losing your hard-earned loot

Many players are not trustworthy, and often the game devolves into a Shoot-On-Sight affair with other players as a result. This causes problems, because inevitably, defending yourself from 'Neutral' players will lead to you being branded a bandit. This isn't the game's fault; it's a result of players being given free reign and consequently going on rampages. I knew about it, and I went in with a 'Don't Shoot First' policy. For the most part, it hasn't worked, but on the few occasions where it has, when players begin to work together, the game truly shines.

Solo gamers are essentially punished; it is entirely possible to play on your own, but the game is infinitely easier when playing in a group. Getting surrounded by 10+ zombies without a gun while you're in a competent group isn't necessarily a death trap in a group. Taking on firefights as a team, through out-of-game VOIP (ingame VOIP does not exist as of yet, but it's apparently a coming feature), is a rewarding experience (well, if you win), and it makes the otherwise aggravating PvP element engaging and quite enjoyable.

The game is a bit glitchy, I will admit. Fall damage is a bit twitchy; sometimes going down a small slope will result in fall damage. The server is prone to kicking you out, though that might just be my connection failing miserably. The game engine has generally improved as time has progressed, however.

Please note: The game engine has seen significant optimization since the 31st of October, and it plays smooth enough for me now. I've been running the game on Lowest settings, on a 6-year-old iMac running WinXP, and I get between 5-20 FPS depending on the situation. I expect most players would be playing on comparatively better machines, so you'll be able to play on Normal/High/Ultra settings with ease.

Personally, I can't say much for the graphics. Playing on Lowest, I'm not really getting the full picture. But the current game map of Colorado is competently done. The place looks appropriately bushy, with okay-ish textured grass, mountains and terrain. The buildings aren't spectacular, but they look appropriately worn down and help to immerse you into the game. Minor graphical issues, such as Third Person and First Person views having different gun models for the same weapon, pop up occasionally, but I can understand that not being a priority for the game developers.

Sound wise, I'm not a big fan. The music is annoying, so I just turned it off. Ingame noises, such as the moans of zombies and firing of weapons, do the job of getting the point across. Annoyingly, the game randomly throws loud noises at you. I guess it succeeds in scaring the pants off you, but it's a cheap tactic. In regards to hackers, I've only ever had to deal with them a couple of times. I guess it's hit and miss, but they do seem to have generally disappeared.

Don't believe all the media attention and haters. Go play the game and formulate your own opinions.

To summarize: Go in with an open mind and a few friends. You'll love it.
  13. Dec 20, 2012
    This is one of the worst games off all time. War Z is a zombie game where zombies are irrelevant, the real dangers are the players, the zombies are just there to look pretty and make people think it's a zombie mmo. This was expected from the man behind Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing, another game with no goal, just a pile of glitches. Sergey Titov and his community managers also provide one of the worst customer service experiences, abusing of their power, banning for no reason or for making negative comments about the game itself. Expand
  14. Dec 20, 2012
    *SPOILER* It sucks

This project has been condemned to failure by the ego's behind Hammerpoint and Sergey Titov himself. It'll be interesting to see what happens when AMC chimes in with it's lawyers concerning the blatant copyright infringement and FX about the American Horror Story theme music plagiarism.

I've never seen a company or product self destruct in such a spectacular
    fashion before. This story gets more and more amazing as the seconds tick by. Expand
  15. Dec 20, 2012
    1st of all, I want to say that I'm a happy customer, because I received my refund.I bought a Legend package. The game is great, super great for me at first look. Comparing to DayZ, this game is much less clumsy and easier to play. However, constant lag spike and crash lead to numerous deaths. I was frustrated and ask for a refund on the forum. This is the part get me mad, my post, every post of mine talking anything about negative stuffs (refund, bug, lag....) got deleted. Instead cooperate with the customer and work it out, they just delete all the negative post and keep their forum clean and full of unicorns. I got my refund eventually through Paypal. Consider if you want to play, for me I hate a **** customer service. What they are doing when you need them fix things up ? --> Deleting your posts Expand
  16. Dec 21, 2012
    I made an account just to contribute to telling people to stay away from this game, the only positives are by shill accounts created by the makers.

The game is in a pitiful. pathetic state that shouldn't even be allowed to be sold, DayZ was in a better state than this when it was available as a free in beta mod! The creators are lying scammers and the fact that the guy in charge is
    behind Big Rigs which is another pathetic non functioning laughing stock of a game should be enough reason to slam this company! Expand
  17. Dec 21, 2012
    This game is just awful. It's boring and the team is not good, the map doesn't have the details and the features they said, I played the game for like 1 week and I thought it was very good but I started to don't play it anymore until I got banned for no reason, I never used nothing like cheats and other unintentionally programs to benefit myself. And btw, the game has many glitchs and other bugs, yes it's in Beta but they prefer to make money by adding and changing ridiculous stuff then making our game more playiable. Final answer: Don't waste your money, It is a good idea for a game but this team **** it up. Expand
  18. Dec 21, 2012
    They lied saying it was a Zombie MMO. The quest are still not in the game. Can't play with friends. You buy the game then they nickel and dime you to death in the The WarZ store.
  19. Dec 21, 2012
    Worst. Game. Ever. And arktos "entertainment" wont even explain to their customers why their game is so very **** They just treat them like nothing.
  20. Dec 21, 2012
    This game is 90% War Inc. Battlezone. They also lied and said it was being developed before DayZ, but that has proven to be false. It's a horrible game, boring, and a waste of money. All the developers really want is money.
  21. Dec 22, 2012
    Do not buy this game.
    even ignoring the controversy around this game's developer and steam and ignoring the perma banning of anyone who complains, this game still is a firm zero by itself.
  22. Dec 22, 2012
    This game is completely unplayable, its not even a game, you just pay money to be disappointed, i hope everyone involved in this game burns in hell. The game is unfinished and the developer has lied, cheated and tried to mislead everyone interested in this game. Its a sham, a scam and you should not even look at this game, buy it, or buy anything from this developer ever again.
  23. Dec 22, 2012
    BEWARE, THIS COMPANY IS SCAMMER. They definitely DON'T give you what they're offering (check the steam forums, gamespy, it's pretty much everywhere). And they insult they're community for asking them to be honest. More about the game, it's horrible. Free to Play/Pay to Win items. They just copied their horrible War Inc and added zombies. Crappy textures, crappy animations, crappy map.
  24. Dec 22, 2012
    Simply one of the worst games i have played. Day z does everything better thank this mess.

Awful graphics, tiny map, poor game engine, plus too many other flaws to list (just google this game and you will see)

Do Not Buy. Instead buy arma 2 and enjoy a far superior mod called day z.
  25. Dec 23, 2012
    I originally purchased this game on the release date because a group of friends were all buying into it and were speaking highly of the video footage etc. that had been released.

Ignoring the terrible launch I managed to get in a day later and start playing, I then realized what a terrible mistake I had made, this is honestly one of the worst multiplayer games claiming to be a AAA game
    I have ever played.

A couple of key issues:

The company is completely unprofessional; swearing and calling people out is common.
    Animations are terrible.
    Graphics aren't anything to write home about.
    Zombies are useless and can be avoided incredibly easy.
    Hacks are readily available for the game.
    Forum moderation is something Hitler would have been proud of.

So after all that I decided I'd request my refund before the game launched (I had played it for a day for exactly 1 hour).

First of all their support is terrible, it took 7 days to get a response completely avoiding my issue and almost begging me to wait until the game goes to beta stage, I refused and persisted for a refund, this is where the contact went dead for 9 days, after which they responded with "You have played the game for x minutes, you are not entitled to a refund". This infuriated me so I jumped on the phone with my bank and explained the issue, within 2 hours I had the money back in the account and guess what? I can still play the game, not that I'd want to.

The amount of lying, cheating and lack of professionalism shown by this company amazes me, in a sector that is growing incredibly each year we do not need these people, people complain saying that the media frenzy has been blown out of proportion. I don't think it has, in fact I think it won't be done until the company has been buried, no-one should be allowed to act in the way that Hammerpoint has.

There are thousands of reviews on this site and each person is entitled to their own opinion but honestly, if anyone happens to read this review, please, save yourself your time and money and avoid the game. I will be happy knowing that maybe someone else will be spared the frustration of dealing with a fraudulent company.
  26. Dec 24, 2012
    This game is a sad attempt to make money off of the success of the popular mod DayZ. Some people might disagree even though they are wrong let them live in their world were War Z is the superior game, I'm sure it is a happy world covered in ignorance. But the real truth about this game is even though it ripped off a game mod that is in Alpha they didn't fix any problems; if anything they just expanded on the problems and got rid of some good things of DayZ. For starters they have a horrible business model, pay for the game (that is NOT finished) then make people buy more items with real cash in game that they can later loose if they die so they can buy more items making more money, They clearly do not care about the customer at all and I wouldn't be surprised if they just canceled the game and ran off with the money. Don't get me wrong this game has potential but with the work of the horrible DEVs banning everyone who doesn't like the game and customer support refusing to give people refunds on a game they were told was finished (which is illegal by the way) shows that they only entertain the game until people stop paying attention to it. The only way this game could of been amazing from the start was if they made it free to play and kept the micro transactions, to feed their money hunger, so everybody wins. The company gets their money and customers do not feel like they have been duped into buying a unfinished game due to being free to play. But right now the damage is done and this is game will most likely fail even with the cult following they have. The only thing we can do is sit and wait for after the holidays and see how the company reacts to these haters and lovers of the game. And see if they release any plan for the game and if they will respect the customers for their refunds. If they don't do any of these things I suggest you get out of that game as soon as possible because these business ethics are not one you as a customer should be supporting. Expand
  27. Dec 26, 2012
    By far one of the worst things I've buyed so far... Horrible customer service, some landmark are not accomplished or delayed. Hacking issues despite of the allegations of the "100% failproof anti-cheat system". I don't think this game has 2 years of development as they claim.
  28. Dec 28, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is TERRIBLE. The features are all crappy rip-offs of features DayZ has, and the Dev's wishlist is the same. The screenshots featured in advertisements are LIES. they feature actions that are literally impossible in the game. The clan feature is only available in the in-game store, usually a free feature in MMO's. The advertise dozens of skills yet the actual number is ZERO! The playerbase is also 60% hackers but so far most of those banned are innocent due too the poorly implemented "bait" pick-ups they use to catch hackers. The servers also crach inexplicably on a regular basis. The zombies AI is the worst I have ever seen, and i've seen some pretty bad AI. if you dont believe me check the steam forums for every positive comment their are dozens calling for a free refund. In conclusion there is absolutely no reason to buy this game especially when the vastly superior DayZ is FREE. Expand
  29. Dec 29, 2012
    The only thing more pathetic than the game play is how little effort the developers made to hide all the copyrighted material they stole. The main menu music is the theme from American Horror Story played at half speed. The banner art is copied Walking Dead cosplay photos from the Internet. Much of the sound files appear lifted from Day Z. The CEO blames nameless underlings, but they continue to use the stolen material. Even the game's name is illegal, as it was denied a trademark for being too similar to Paramount's movie World War Z. Expand
  30. Dec 29, 2012
    Piggybacking the success of the DayZ Mod, False Advertising, censorship, and other controversies are many reasons not to get this game. It's best to wait for the DayZ Standalone instead of getting the game that is doomed by publicity.
  31. Jan 8, 2013
    Stay as far away from this game as possible, it's almost as if the developers went out of their way to make such an unprofessional, rediulous product. 0/10 for the game and 0/10 for the company behind it.
  32. Dec 31, 2012
    Poorly made rip off of Day Z. This game is loaded with hackers and the devs are a bunch of lying douche bags. Zombies have horrible animations! All the zombies do is run up to you and swing their right arm awkwardly. All the animations are **** and rushed. Every bit of foliage in the game for instance sways at exactly the same rate in unison left and right infinitely. Its comical actually. This game is possibly the biggest piece of garbage ever made. Expand
  33. Dec 31, 2012
    Zombie MMO is conceptually interesting, but when you get into the game its terrible. Death respawns are ridiculously long (4hrs). Running around aimlessly with nothing to do except hunt noobs and grief people or help people. I found no actual purpose or goal with this game. Waste of money, even on sale.
  34. Jan 4, 2013
    Do not buy this game it's a scam hammerpoint will shut down the servers without any warning as soon as it stops making money from its micro transactions an utter shambolic scam of a game that should be shot in the head and put out of its misery
  35. Jan 4, 2013
    The game almost gave me a day of really fun, but that was because of my friends playing with me, other than that it fails in everything. DayZ was 100x times better than this and it was a MOD, and now this company that already stole million dollars from costumers don't have the balls to say this is the 1.0 version and claims for FOUNDATION RELEASE, with nothing but lies...
  36. Jan 4, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This guy on you tube explains how disgusting the makers of The War Z are. It explains the lies, slurs, and false promises of the game and the developers. I have concluded with this video and my own experiance of the game that the only good things about this game are the promises that have been made and pushed back. The video does not discuss cars and vehicles in perticular but I must say that the promise made about them may take even 5 months to fufill. The developers of the game promised cars by the end of the year in a minor interview. The year's end has come and past but still no cars. Unlike the other promises, it has not even been said when cars will be introduced as far as I know. There was a list released of things to be seen in the upcoming 3 months and cars was not on it. They were promised and now I have no idea if they will even be added. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul8r5HN6k98 Expand
  37. Jan 4, 2013
    I feel sorry for anyone who had purchased this piece of s***. The game is very unforgiving, when killed by a zombie or another player you may have a wait time of 3 F***ING HOURS to respawn!! Not to mention that you lose everything you found and bought. The gameplay is limited, and it uses false advertising. The game is unfathomly flawed; no, BROKEN, but the microtransactions ore perfectly fine. Kinda suspicious.The only way to bypass long respawn times? Pay money. The only way you can do anything? Pay more money. The only way you can get things you ACTUALLY NEED to play? PAY MORE F****ING MONEY. The Devs might as well be Devils, because you can't complain, unless you like getting banned. I really don't even need to say anything; look at all the other reviews. Expand
  38. Jan 5, 2013
    Absolutely the best for the blind .....
    Best refunding game of the year ......
    the company must release some download content such as anti-cheat DLC (lol .....
    all of my friend love this game's name (just the name .....
  39. Jan 5, 2013
    I would give this game a 0 if not for it's "original never before thought of" idea of a zombie apocalypse MMO. This game is utterly bad, terrible! The textures are even worse than DayZ, a free to play mod for the game Arma II and DayZ doesn't even have that good textures. The gameplay is terrible, if you walk down, croch or crawl down a 1 meter high hill you will lose about 25% of your health most of the time from fall damage, you can't swim and if there's one zombie you're fighting you're invincible as to if there are two zombies+ attacking you you should just let them kill you. My God the running is so slow. when you sprint it looks like you're walking fast! One of the worse things about this game, you can buy weapons and consumables before you even start, you lose that on death and by the way when you die you have to wait FOUR HOURS to respawn OR you can pay to respawn instantly. So if you die by fall damage from a hill that's not even as tall as your player and you spent money on buying a weapon or other items you're screwed. The WarZ staff are banning people that criticize the game badly on the forums, and there are rumors that the devs spawn stuff in for themselves. Not only that but the staff/devs are blackmailing the players asking for a refund, threatening to put them on the global blacklist, restricting them from buying certain games or other items. Their terms of service was copied word for word from the game League of Legends. Let's take a look at the broken promises from their original steam store page(It's been edited now):

"The War Z is a Survival Horror MMO that immerses players in a zombie-infested, post-apocalyptic world in which a viral outbreak has decimated the human population leaving in its wake, a nightmare of epic proportion" No mention of game being in alpha/beta and without all features

"A Huge Persistent World. The War Z is an open world game. Each world has areas between 100 to 400 square kilometers." There is only one map and it is 72 square kilometers

"Play with friends. Hundreds of Servers to Play on and you can also rent and create public or private servers allocating spots for Friends or Clans." No private servers in the game.

"No Classes. No Levels. No Caps. Create your own survival campaign, gain experience points and psend it to learn dozen of available skills" There are no skills you can use currently in the game.

"Up to 100 players per game server" When the game first came out the mac players on it was 50 players.

"Dedicated public servers as well as private servers" Again there are no private servers.

Hammerpoint Interactive, the creators of The War Z, in my opinion were trying to cash in on the success of a mod for Arma II, DayZ, and the rushed out a game not even close to coming out in which I believe is an alpha/beta version.

1/10 from me for their original idea, everything else was either not finished or poorly done. The developers are immature and will ban players using bully tactics.
  40. Jan 5, 2013
    a DayZ rip off made just to cash in with fall advertisements. The game is full of bugs, terrible AI, full of hackers, terrible graphics, terrible animation, is pay to win, melee combat is boring (just hold mouse1 to hit a zombie +10 times to kill it).
  41. Jan 6, 2013
    This game simply tried to piggy-back from the popularity that Day Z received, simply thinking that having an engine that allowed combat would successfully create a survival game; please in your best interest sway as far away as you can from this game, their customer support is pure crap, you can't be refunded, you're just going to end up throwing your money away, I give it a few months before the company disbands the project because they simply don't know what to do with it right now to fix the issues going on from hackers and bugs.. so please, avoid this game at all costs.. Expand
  42. Jan 6, 2013
    It had potential but the extreme number of hackers in the game completely ruins the experience.. not only that but there's numerous glitches to deal with and a complete and total lack of customer support.. I contacted support a few months ago for an issue and have yet to get a response.... I discovered Day Z after playing this mess and while it's not perfect, it's free and far more stable .. I would strongly recommend avoiding this nonsense.. Expand
  43. Jan 6, 2013
    Purchased and supported the game from kickstarter 30$ package and was banned 1/4/13 for being a legit player who did nothing but fight hackers fairly. So even though this game is one of the worst of all time they will also unfairly ban you(their new cash grab scheme) stay far far far away from this game.
  44. Jan 6, 2013
    The core mechanics are very simple, but are fun in a brutally realistic sort of way... but you have never seen a game more hacked out than this. In a game that is predominantly about stealth and survival, a game aiming for realism, the hacking is so annoying you will literally scream in frustration. Imagine sneaking through an army base, finding precious loot: an M-16 (a rare treat in this game), some body armor (holy snikies batman!), and a a bunch of ammo! (Wow! It's like you won the lottery!) And then you are sneaking into the safe zone looking at every bush. You're like a carjacker driving back to dump your loot. Your pulse is racing as you hit your keyboard. You are almost at the safe zone. You are checking your back. Clear. You are almost safe... then you are killed by an invisible hacker with a hammer. You will want to scream. Getting loot (or losing loot you bought) is so incredibly difficult, yet 35% of my deaths have been due to hacking (no exaggeration). And these hacks are insane hacks too... wallhacks, aimbots, flying, ESP, invisibility, and even infinite endurance... they've covered almost every power the X-Men possess. Put simply, don't buy this game. Expand
  45. Jan 7, 2013
    Please do not buy this game... I made a metacritic account just so I could warn people that this game is dismal. Look at Sergay's other games.. Remington Big Buck Trophy Hunt and Big Rigs 2... I'm not even joking google those games and that is a small taste of what you will get with this joke of a "game". It is half finished and they are selling it as a finished product... Infested with hackers and fanbois... The forum mods are all jerks and the dev team has been caught hacking look it up on youtube... all around joke of a game. Expand
  46. Jan 9, 2013
    There are a lot of issues with this game, varying from its unending bugs to its uninterested developers.

There are bugs in the mechanics of the game and an over-abundance of guns with purchasable ammunition allowing players to arm themselves in relatively short time, and resulting in new players effectively being shot on site.

The game is filled with hackers and the developers at
    Hammerpoint have clearly demonstrated they have no interest in dealing with this issue properly. They utilize a hack prevention system that they consider 'perfect' and have wrongfully banned hundreds, or possibly thousands of their own users.

Sergey from Hammerpoint has promised refunds to players with fewer than five hours on their account but has not delivered on this promise.

Sergey from Hammerpoint has shown in interviews he feels no shame or regret for lying on the games Steam description (the debacle and grossly incompetent actions by Hammerpoint Interactive have resulted in Steam actually pulling the game from their platform, hopefully permanently), and blames the users for misreading the description.

There has been active moderator abuse both on the forums and in game, ranging in action from banning members with no good reason, to spawning items in game (some that cannot even be obtained by legitimate means at this point in time) and giving them to their friends (using the excuse "we're going to play until we die so someone will get this stuff, we're getting more gear out there"), at this point going out and killing legitimate, PAYING PLAYERS with their hacked gear. Keep in mind, these are the moderators, not random hackers who slipped into the game unnoticed.

Sergey has clearly demonstrated his absolute incompetence in the field of game development (see: Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing) and has shown that he is equally unsuited to function in public relations, community administration & moderation, or account administration. This is a person who should not be involved with or engaged in the gaming industry.

Many people are calling for charges of fraudulence and false advertising, and I could not agree more. If this development cycle was not an absolute money grabbing con, I don't know what is.

I'm now 32 days into repeated requests for a refund, and now am making efforts to contact Xolla and other companies related to the transaction, as Hammerpoint Interactive is ignoring my contact requests. I am well under their defined 5 hour playtime limitation on refunds.

This is a disgusting excuse for a development, and should be left to die and fester in its own horrid waste.
  47. Jan 9, 2013
    This is a joke of a game. It's an obvious port from War Inc. to take advantage of the gap between the time that DayZ releases it's stand alone.. I'm not even a DayZ fan, and I can tell what they did... Behind the broken models, the huge cheating player base, the laughable game glitches, there isn't even a "fun" game. Crap game, crap developer, crap customer service. I suggest you find a new line of work Titov, because I know if I personally ever hear your name behind a title again, I can only assume it's crap you half assed and released upon the unwitting public. You have successfully ruined your name. Expand
  48. Jan 10, 2013
    Well i nearly laughed my ass off when i see this game. First it is a complete copy of dayz and they can;t even do well copying the game! The game engine i don't even wanna say absolute terrible but that;s what a mmofps engine brings.
  49. Jan 12, 2013
    Trust the reviews, this game is in fact a pile of crap. The stories are true, they really did just throw together a game using the majority of their assets from another game of theirs to cash in on the success of DayZ. Simply put...

DO NOT BUT THIS!
  50. Jan 14, 2013
    I gave The War Z a 0 out of 10 not because of game play, but because of the massive amount of hackers that continue to prevail in this game, also the lack of hammerpoint following through their promises and the lake of game updates that are in any way important and all the glitches and unfinished parts to this game. It can be fun to play with your clan and do some pvp battles, and for awhile that made it some what bearable with all the other stuff going wrong with this game, but since the weapon spawn being majorly lowered, the game has lost a massive amount of its fun. Exploring is no longer fun and pvp is losing its luster! Expand
  51. Jan 15, 2013
    I wanted my first review to be a difficult one, so what better choice than The War Z? First off, I have to say that I've indeed played the ARMA 2 mod 'Day Z' and I wasn't impressed; though that's another review altogether. I bought The War Z very early by buying the "Pioneer" package which entitled me to some Gold Coins (which is the micro-transaction currency in the game) and jumped in with some friends. The game was plagued with bugs, ran sub-par even on low settings, and I still managed to have an amazing time. There have been many improvements since then, but the fun has only managed to trend downwards. The biggest problem with this game (other than the angry children who only seem to see the game's shortcomings and the fact that I can't turn off global chat in-game) is that there is no real goal. You can collect all the rare weapons, kill survivors/zombies, traverse the massive countryside until you're mauled by an invisible hacker, but to what end? You can't grow your character, build a safe house and fill it with your loot, nothing to make you want to continue playing. The currently available map 'Colorado' is huge, which would be a good thing except all this really does for you is make it pain staking to reach the safe zone and store your items.

Basically, it's a game with a ton of potential and I truly hope they can work their issues out. Is this a good game in it's current condition? Absolutely not. Does it deserve thousands of 0 ratings from scrubs who played it for 5 minutes and got a refund? Absolutely not.
  52. Jan 17, 2013
    The child of all cash cows.. the mother load of **** , how dare they lie to steam about the features they have promised for the people that bought this tentacle grope .
    Arktos Entertainment , I would suggest you all to design a game from your originality and have a better person on those ****ty engines.
    Yeah?
  53. Jan 26, 2013
    This is a terrible game, dont buy this. The devs givs out random PERMANENT BANS for no reason. Wait for the Day Z standalone. Dev on war z is not serious. This is not a professional game.
  54. Jan 26, 2013
    Just Don't play it, The game is made by guys who don't even care on the players only the money they make.
    The hole game is glitchy, melee combat is dreadful, even gun play and walking making me sick.
  55. Jan 30, 2013
    This game is scam EVER! The devs clearly are trying to rip poeple off. If you are seriously too blind to realise this and you buy the game, then its your own fault that you got scammed. They lie and cheat. Oh and another hugely important note is that when you see POSITIVE reviews on this site, look into the persons reviewing history. Out of the 50 people I saw 45 of them had only done a review on WarZ.....This is the most shameful gaming company EVER......I am terribly sorry but this reveiw, like the other 2245 reviews will not change anything. They have won. They got their money quickly and now that people know it sucks......They're winner..... Expand
  56. Feb 5, 2013
    This game should be a shining example of what not to do in the gaming industry. There's always overhyping when it comes to gaming but then there's this; which was releasing a trashy beta game and putting in the description of said game a bunch of features and functions that do not actually exist in the thing at all (on the released friggen product nonetheless). It was so utterly bad that valve actually took it off their store and started handing out refunds for upset customers, something I had never heard of until War Z and if that isn't a sign to stay away from this disaster then I don't know what is Expand
  57. Feb 21, 2013
    This "Game" is a big pile of and i wish i never bought it, because if i ask for a refund, I will get BANNED. You read right, BANNED. This piece of crap is buggy, a ripoff and a big fat lie. They promised at least 20 things for the full release, but have they added those? NO. Do NOT buy it. You WILL regret it.
  58. Feb 14, 2013
    This is the worst game (copy of DayZ) ever created, this can be considered beta v0.01B, they should never sell this game, i hope they make a new game 100% by his own.
  59. Mar 27, 2013
    The positive reviews on here I can only assume are developers or friends of the team behind War Z trying to salvage some sales for this horrible product. They mislead hard earned money of gamers. They over promised and under provided. They lied to everyone about the production times. They even stole graphics from 'the walking dead tv show' slightly edited and used them in adverts.

This game and the team behind it do not deserve your money.They deserve to learn the hard reality that gamers ARE NOT IDIOTS. We analyse your production data,applied patents,search reviews and press coverage.We do not just buy into your over bloated promises.

Drop this game and attempt to build a franchise worthy of our money.
  60. jt1
    Oct 5, 2013
    WARNING!!! My online game account was banned after I posted an objective review of "Infestation: Survivor Stories" (Aka "The War Z") on this site... Beware! Because of this, I decided to update my review of the game, while adding my review of the company(s) responsible... not that it will do any more damage to their reputation, due to their already "questionable" practices. In addition to the boring "do nothing, walk-a-thon" of a game that it is (which hasn't seemed to change much long after its release).. the look and feel of it, is that of a free game engine, modded up and marked as a "release". I've created better prototypes by doing just that (minus insulting you by trying to take a dime for it).

I will never buy anything involving "Hammerpoint Interactive", or "OP Productions, LLC". When giving a negative opinion on a product, especially software, most companies will listen and take what the customer has to heart... but just as I was warned about, by other forum and review posters, my account was mysteriously banned shortly after I gave a less than favorable review. I still haven't received an answer from my support ticket, asking why.

I've never boycotted before... but I guess it's time to start.
  61. Apr 20, 2013
    A pathetic attempt at making a game. I have seen Indie games that are better than this. The WarZ is a scam that takes advantage of DayZ's popularity and tries to take customers money. People are randomly banned even when they are not hacking. Hackers are safe it appears. The micro-transactions should not be included. If you pay lets say $10 for a gun, You will either be hacked, Banned or killed in some way that is not your fault.
    You should NEVER pay the developers for this game.
    Rome was not built in a day but the WarZ was.
  62. May 9, 2013
    Have you ever wanted to walk around doing absolutely nothing for several hours, followed by getting so enraged by the terrible AI, meanwhile also slowly becoming sick to your stomach over extremely bad FOV? I didn't think so. The WarZ is a game released quite awhile ago by Hammerpoint, and it was an utter disaster. It was ridiculously buggy upon release, not to mention, it released at a $15 dollar pricepoint. However, along with the release cost for an utterly broken game, Hammerpoint had the audacity to add a micro-transaction store into the game. This store sells hats of sorts which is fine, but when there is a store selling ammunition and weapons in a survival game, that is in my opinion the pinochle of That is by definition buying power. The user community I can't really blame on Hammerpoint, but I can blame on the users. Now, I know how often this word is thrown around, but I would go so far to say as most of the community is populated by either hackers, or fanboys who won't dare to let you criticize their precious WarZ, because clearly because they bought it, it has to be a good game, right? Wrong! The stealth system upon launch used to sneak by zombies was utterly broken, and the drops were overly rare, to a point where getting anything done was nearly impossible unless you wanted to invest more money into this pile of for a weapon and a sufficient amount of ammunition. I'm trying really hard to think of something positive to say about the WarZ, hmmmmm... nope, can't think of anything. If you want my advice, don't buy this game, don't have any involvement with this game, and if you do buy it, and if someones asks you, "Hey, have you played The WarZ," just say no, for your own good. Also, for the record before I finish typing, you can say, "Well, DayZ isn't much better." You're right, DayZ isn't much better, but DayZ is a free mod. Thanks to anyone who read down this far, I appreciate you taking the time to read a relatively long user-made review. Buh bye! Expand
  63. May 10, 2013
    So i been playing this game since it came out was good at the start but now... there are so many bugs in this game that make everyone not want to play it anymore...if the developers would actually have got a better anit cheat this game would not have the problems they are having now Aimbot/Esp/Superman jump/ no cilp never able to log on servers.. getting ddos by all the hackers.... and yeah... i would love to see this game go far.. but untill they get a new anti cheat system this game will be done in 1 month tops.... PS check out the websites where u can get hacks for this game for FREE!!!! Expand
  64. Aug 28, 2013
    This game takes zombies and sucks the fun and horror out of them. Terrible game play and it's riddled with hackers everywhere. Not to mention they are making me purchase it again after I bought it already, Which I will not be doing again.
  65. Jul 18, 2013
    DO NOT BUY THIS GAME

The worst garbage I've had the misfortune of playing. Boring, bugged to hell, hackers and exploiters everywhere. The devs are complete morons.
  66. Jul 15, 2013
    Infestation is worst game zombie also the servers are very very slow also the damages the weapons aren't realistic.it's bad game.
    so you shouldn't spend money on this game.
  67. Jul 31, 2013
    Reçu en cadeau Steam de la part d'un pote... j'en suis arrivé me demander s'il m'en voulait pour quelque chose. Ce jeu est une foutue punition. Le concept de départ (survie entre potes dans un monde infesté par les zombies) était carrément sympa mais la mise en pratique est tout simplement ratée, tant au niveau du gameplay que par l'attitude générale des joueurs de la communauté qui s'acharnent en faire un mauvais FPS. Expand
  68. Jul 31, 2013
    With massive bans of player base, and Hackers plaguing the War Z, this game is awful. Even unplayable, the dev team is unprofessional and unethical, with a bushiness plan to ban players to cause them to re-buy the game disguised as "banning hackers" the fun of this game died long ago, along with the zombies it portrays. Google war z hacking, bans, etc. even former dev members confirm the unethical behavior of the dev team. Expand
  69. Aug 5, 2013
    Game is a scam. Give the option to "report" players. People get reported every time they kill someone. Friend got banned because he was good and too many people reported him. Don't purchase, just a scam. They probably banned him because he only put $15 and got too many reports. If he kept putting money in he probably wouldn't have been banned.
  70. Aug 9, 2013
    Horrible pay to win riding on DayZ's success. Do not buy. Do not even pirate.

If you buy anything with real world money, you do not get to keep it if you die. If you want to play a zombie survival game, buy ARMA 2 and get DayZ. It has bugs but at least it isnt pay to win like this of a game is.
  71. Aug 30, 2013
    Played on a friends account for a while, during which time I had the pleasure of being killed by droves of aim-boting, wall-hacking, super-jumping, esp-using hackers, or just all the random glitches in the game, or poor server stability. While running from one area of the map to another with my friend, I was suddenly instant killed by the server and banned, no warning or anything. After contacting Hammerpoint, they said I had been banned for hacking (the audacity!), refused to provide any specifics or proof of such a claim, and informed me that my account would remain as such permanently. After much coercion from my friend to buy the game again so we could continue playing together, I caved in and started all over again for the $15 price. Considering my friends all had better skills and equipment at this point, I spent quite a bit of time over a few days farming zombies for the meager amount of exp you get. While clearing the airport of zombies after playing for practically all day, I was suddenly instant kill and banned AGAIN! Once again Hammerpoint wanted me to re-buy the game. At this point of course it's obvious that this game is nothing more than a marketing scam, and a poorly implemented one at that. Suffice to say after such a bad experience for such a piss-poor game, hell will freeze over, at least twice, before I would spend one minute playing this sorry excuse for a game again. Expand
  72. Sep 1, 2013
    Just do to all the stupid positive reviews... Almost all of the users behind the positives reviews are fake.....................................................
  73. Sep 4, 2013
    Pathetic attempt at a cash-in on the booming popularity of DayZ from 2012. At least after the name change from WarZ to Infestation the two aren't easily confused as the developers had originally planned.
  74. Sep 27, 2013
    Bought 2 copies of this so my Grandson and I could play together. Spent over $100 in one month on it so we could get gear and have a private server, had fun together for about a week. Dev's are really a piece of work, they banned my account, no reason given, so we couldn't even use OUR OWN server. Dev's do not respond to any of our support tickets. This game has a lot of promise but the Dev's are not to be trusted. Banning me made no sense at all. I'm 60 years old and old school enough not to use ANY kind of cheats. I normally wouldn't bother with writing a review but they have really pissed me off. My advice DON'T buy this game run away very far away. Expand
  75. Oct 13, 2013
    Do not purchase this game. Avoid, avoid, avoid. Terrible game play, horrific AI, etc. Hackers made game completely unplayable for many months but even now that the hackers are less frequent it is still an absolute turd of a game. Horrific use of in-game real money shop to purchase items before you spawn, then it is possible for your character to die within 1 minute of spawning and lose everything. AVOID. Expand
  76. Oct 25, 2013
    Everything about this game is a lie, they claim to have started making it before Dayz no proof, false advertising on the steam page and microtransaction on a paid game
  77. Oct 24, 2013
    Bought the game, played with my friends for a while, stopped playing for 2 months then got perma-banned. 1 month waiting and still no response from the support. Devs don't care about giving a good service, they just want you to buy more copies of the game.
  78. Oct 24, 2013
    Worst game i ever see no account support worst punkbuster version (doesnt work at all) bunch of hackers,, bad in store credit (you need to buy ammo and medicine),,, bad fps textures this game is a joke >>>want some proof? go and check twitch ,,,,Infestation developers very unprofessional
  79. Oct 25, 2013
    Absolute garbage, they tried to ridiculously copy the amazing game DayZ but did a pretty poor job... The game developers are not professional, I could say that they are amateur based on the troubles that have occurred concerning the naming rights of the game... Well, absolute trash, a cheap attempt to copy the success of DayZ but as you'll see it's way inferior as a game experience just wish I could give it a -1 score. Expand
  80. Nov 20, 2013
    This game is a complete shame to all pc gamers.THIS GAME IS TERRIBLE.Complete ripoff of dayz,and it's way worse.Glitches,hackers,stupid zombie ai,PAY TO WIN,horrible textures and skins and so on.
    Basically,it's not a zombie apocalyse survival simulator,it's a free for all with some glitchy and op zombies amongst. DO NOT BUY IT,YOU WILL BE SCAMMED
  81. Dec 20, 2012
    The Developers are liars, the game is buggy, some textures are worst i have ever seen. Most important it's so **** boring - walking slowly through endless **** being killed by overpowered zombies and invisible players, etc. I just want my money back!
  82. Feb 22, 2013
    Worst thing I've ever bought on steam, luckily I got a refund. It was plagued by tons of bugs and glitches and lots of false advertising. It really shouldnt even be able to be rated a 1... I would honestly rate it a 1 out of 100. Yes, 1 out of 100!!!. The developer had no excuses on this one, then again the same idiot developed big rigs over the road racing as well, so clearly he is amateur and behaves like it too. How the people from gamespot, eurogamer, etc. gave it a 36 or around when they clearly said its not worth a single cent, really baffles me... I think they honestly have an auto generated rank and are required to put text on top of it to make it seem valid... Stay away from this with your life, if you think you have 15 dollars to waste you are better off getting a steak at a steakhouse... Expand
  83. Dec 23, 2012
    It just goes to show you, spending a few months to ripoff someone else by making a frankengame composed of broken pieces and unfinished components, lying about features, banning anyone with criticism, showing fake set-up screenshots and denying your failings is not the way to go. Hey, at least it was nice of a hundred of Sergey's employees to join Metacritic so there would be some positive scores for his landslide failure. It's not like they were busy making a game or anything. Expand
  84. Dec 19, 2012
    unfinished game with no sign of developers ever gonna deliver what they promise.
    try to ask a refund after finding a game most focused on killing other players than surviving a zombie apocalypse. waaaaay to many hackers everywhere. not really anti cheat measures. developers are the biggest douchebags out there . (they make look a EA like Valve). they don't care about the players has to
    say. they just ban people if you tell what is wrong on theirs game.

they try to scam people with an alpha software and not giving refund people who played the game more than 3 hours.

in the end. don't ever try this game. i think in the futurure some one will bring a good zombie mmo. but right now this is not the game
  85. Jan 26, 2013
    Stay away from this game.

This game is Not even close to DayZ, this is not the game. Looking at the website for this game it showed many interesting screenshots, making it look more advanced than the Arma II: DayZ mod. It is not even close to the same game. All the screenshots contain cool things such as driving cars, zombies having animations, other people. There are none of those
    things in the game at all. If you like walking down a gentle hill and taking severe damage, or jumping off the second floor of a building without taking damage this game is for you. This game is heavily infested with hackers and cheaters. My favorite part of the game is having all five of my characters killed and waiting for one hour before they can be revived. You do have the option of using a micro-transaction to restore your character to life but that is BS. Expand
  86. Jan 12, 2013
    Normally, I blame gamers that buy crappy games for not doing their homework before purchase and therefore generally do not feel sorry for people who complain about a crappy game they bought. I will make an exception for this because consumers were basically lied to, which is in many ways illegal. I do not know how people can get away from facing punishment for such ethically questionable business practices, oh well. do not buy this game, MAYBE one day it will live up to it's empty promises. If it does, then I see no reason as to why it can't be successful. Expand
  87. Dec 19, 2012
    This is a piece of trash. The games devs are crooks. BUYER BEWARE! Do not pay money for this atrocity. You would have more fun playing solitaire, and it saves you 15 dollars. The game is loaded with micro transactions, think you will just be paying 15 dollars? Wrong. It even asks you to pay money to revue a character. Horrible game, stay away.
  88. Dec 22, 2012
    it's **** sorry, everyone seems to think you love dayz if you think this game sucks for whatever reason. Should have at least came with a free copy of big rigs.
  89. Jan 14, 2013
    This is a really bad game. It is a poor rip off of DayZ and a money making scam. The Developers are liars and cheats with horrible moderators on forums (From what I've been told). I remember reading an open apology letter online by the executive producer Sergey Titov. He was barely sorry for lying but rather blamed it on his PR team and third parties. He is an **** and I do not intend on purchasing anything he is involved in. http://forums.thewarz.com/showthread.php?85497-Open-Letter-to-The-War-Z-and-PC-Gaming-community-from-Sergey-Titov Expand
  90. Dec 20, 2012
    Absolute **** farce of a game. Sergey Titov is a liar, a charlatan and a thief. Please, please, please do not buy this excuse for a game. Do not reward this disgrace by giving it your money. Go everywhere and tell everyone: do not buy War Z.
  91. Dec 21, 2012
    For a £15/$15 you can't go wrong, for a game which is in its 'Foundation Release' stage it has come a good way since its release on the 15th of October and it is still being updated and will be for the foreseeable future.

It most definitely has its issues and there have been some terrible mistakes when it comes to the marketing of the game but this isn't about the tactics the
    company use and its mistakes it made with these tactics.

This review is about the game which some seem to forget, giving this game a 0 or 1 is complete BS because everyone knows it deserves more then that.

The games graphics aren't going to blow you away but to be honest if thats why you play games, you shouldn't be playing games.
    The art style is nice and fits the zombie genre.

The gun play is fairly simple and doesn't take a genius to use but if you know anything about the genre, you'll know the gun is not your best option and thats where the melee combat comes in which again is simplistic as it should be. It provides a good variety of weapons with a varying degree of damage.

There is one map at the moment Colorado which provides a variety of terrain and locations with cities, towns, gas stations and Ski resorts too explore and find loot in.
    Most server have a max of 50 players with some allowing 100 players.
    There are plans for more maps with the next planned to release in June, the California map.

The game is not PvE and has a focus on PvP as well as the zombie aspect, I won't lie you will die....a lot.
    The community is not the greatest but there are players out there who will team up with and provide more communication then the barrel of their gun.

There is a marketplace which you can spend in-game currency on which is collected by killing zombies who also give EXP which is used for leveling up and having skills (This is a planned feature, the skill system has not been implemented as of this review).
    You can also buy GC currency with real money to buy items for convenience such as food and drink but you can not buy guns, there are a few ammo types available and cosmetic items like hats.
    You can also buy some melee weapons but these are common in-game. (All purchasable items can be found in-game if you do not wish to use the shop).

You can have upto 5 characters with two gameplay modes, Normal and Hardcore.
    In Normal mode, when you die you lose all items on the player but keep the character and all its stats (Also skills once implemented), there is also a lockout timer where that player is not use-able, right now its at 1 hour but this may change at a later date.

Hardcores difference is that when you die, you die.
    You lose your character and can not use it ever again.

At the moment there are many features that are missing but are planned for the future, they will likely all be in before the end of 2013.

If you want to have some fun in a zombie survival MMO for a low price (unless you wish to spend more, though it is optional) then you should give WarZ a chance, ignore the trolls and haters and look into the game yourself.
    Make your own decision.

If you don't like it there are The Dead Linger and DayZ (Stand-alone) which may meet your zombie needs better but don't simply disregard The WarZ, give it a chance....it may surprise you.
  92. Dec 22, 2012
    I cannot even begin to tell you how bad this game is, the developers made the most buggy, bare bones, horribly looking game I've ever seen, and lied about almost every option available in the game.
    DO NOT GIVE THESE SCAM ARTISTS MONEY!
  93. Dec 20, 2012
    I do not know but you do not want to waste any more of my time with a game like this. This game should not even be sold in more steam, ask suggestion bankruptcy
  94. Jan 6, 2013
    Not protected at all against any type of hacks and cheats. meaning you can put a **** ton of cheating mods to remove grass fields, and see through walls, and be invisible, and auto-lock your target... If you enjoy cheating and trolling non cheating players, this game is perfect for you. otherwise it's one of the worst piece of **** I've ever bought on Steam, and I'm glad Steam was cool enough to refund me. Expand
  95. Dec 21, 2012
    Not only a ripoff, but also a horrible game overall with a terrible model. Besides that, developers stole artwork, TOS and lied that they were working on it before DayZ. Don't support this pile of garbage developed by money-grabbing scumbags.
    Pathetic
  96. Dec 20, 2012
    Blatant false advertising and business practices that are shonky even by Zynga's standards! This game is a straight up SCAM which is designed to STEAL your money from you
  97. Aug 12, 2013
    Every positive review is from the developers of this game or trolls. Every positive review is from the developers of this game or trolls. Every positive review is from the developers of this game or trolls. Every positive review is from the developers of this game or trolls. Every positive review is from the developers of this game or trolls. Every positive review is from the developers of this game or trolls.

98. Dec 20, 2012
    The worst game of the year. Stay away from this game! Cons: - Random players ban - Poor graphics, textures and reflections - Boring game. Character walks slowly and you walk in the map for 20 minutes without enemies - Lose cash items when die - Pay to revive (what!?) - False screenshots - False game description - EULA copied from leagueoflegends - Developer winning money through modders
    - Full of hackers (they will not be banned for money reason)

Pros:
    - Removed the option Buy in Steam store
  99. Jun 21, 2013
    Was lied to by the devs. Then they denied it. Then they blamed the customers. Then they said "sorry, its coming", once again another lie as almost nothing promised has been added, the stuff that they have promised has taken over a year and there is no polishing a turd. Crappy support and lackluster features. the game itself had potential but is quite frankly the worst game i have played. Positive reviews have been proven to be devs covering there own tracks. Do not buy. Expand
  100. Jan 18, 2013
    Deserves all the sh*t that is thrown at it's way. Zero for PR lies, stealing ideas, artwork, assets, name and money. Immature, unprofessional and plain idiot developers. Hackers, bugs, boredom..

1. Mar 7, 2013
    Its mechanical foundation - like this Foundation Release - crumbles at the lightest touch. [March 2013, p.94]
  2. Feb 22, 2013
    The War Z has about as much value as its crappy in-game melee weaponry and that’s not much at all. At least it doesn’t cost anything to play after you buy it, and the cash shop items are fair enough, so you won’t see people running around with machine guns just because they spent money. If you’re going to give your money to a zombie-survival game, grab ArmA II and a copy of the DayZ mod, or wait for the full retail version of DayZ to arrive on digital store shelves and check that out. Do not buy into The War Z.
  3. Feb 5, 2013
    The War Z might use the same elements that make DayZ an enthralling experience. But it puts them together so halfheartedly that you have to turn away in disbelief.