1.7

Overwhelming dislike- based on 4022 Ratings

1. Dec 20, 2012
    This game has a TON of potential. And when you find a game without hackers and play with a friend you can have a lot of fun.

However right now, the Devs (through unprofessionalism) and hackers are destroying the game. Not to mention the Devs are a PR nightmare. Building the game on the engine of another game, stealing artwork from other sources (The Walking Dead). Acting like spoilt children on the forums. Random bans for no reason. Straight up lying about game features (all screen shots on the website are fake and do not represent the game at all).

Fact is, this game could be really great. But the devs need to start acting like honest professionals and not snake oil salesmen with a bad attitude. And they need to fix the biggest problems with the game, namely the BS nickel and dime transactions and the hackers.
  2. Dec 18, 2012
    Great idea for a game. You take the zombie survival of the Arma II mod: DayZ, and you turn it into an MMO, where you can fight other players and scavenge for loot. However, the development angers its impatient fans, for their slow development, lack of informing the community of changes, and failing to deliver certain promises. Many players argue that it is only in beta, but the developersGreat idea for a game. You take the zombie survival of the Arma II mod: DayZ, and you turn it into an MMO, where you can fight other players and scavenge for loot. However, the development angers its impatient fans, for their slow development, lack of informing the community of changes, and failing to deliver certain promises. Many players argue that it is only in beta, but the developers fail to give out enough testing. Instead they test the gameplay themselves without using feedback from the community. Great idea and concept, but poor execution. I would buy this game while it's cheap, because of its potential. Expand
  3. Dec 18, 2012
    I gave a 5 because of the potential I see in the game. I play the game frequently, run my own guild of 160+ members, was even a moderator for the game's forums for a time, and have been a supporter since the forums first opened (registered 22nd on the forums). Community relations (or lack thereof)... I don't blame Hammerpoint as a whole because there are some good people working for thatI gave a 5 because of the potential I see in the game. I play the game frequently, run my own guild of 160+ members, was even a moderator for the game's forums for a time, and have been a supporter since the forums first opened (registered 22nd on the forums). Community relations (or lack thereof)... I don't blame Hammerpoint as a whole because there are some good people working for that company. But there have been some major errors made by some major people in that company and it's destroying the community and Hammerpoint's reputation. Hammerpoint needs to act more professional. Insulting members of the community, constantly putting out deadlines for various features that they miss, showcasing features in the game like they are there but are not, etc. There have definitely been times they (mostly just Sergey) have blatantly mislead or misdirected the community about a plethora of things and it destroys the trust between consumer and developer. To be perfectly blunt, Sergey needs to keep his mouth shut. Stop using "english is his second language" as an excuse. He has openly insulted players, thrown out multiple blatant lies, and because of his horrible English makes the company look amateurish. His arrogance will be the company's downfall. Let other's like Tyler (JonnyTruant) or Patrick (Kewk) do the talking and handle the PR. Every time Sergey opens his mouth a disaster happens.

The game... It was originally (and still is) showcased as a zombie apocalypse survival MMO. It's not. It's a FPS game set on a wide open map where you collect guns and other supplies in the field. There is no survival aspect to this game, and zombies are not a threat (they did add more zombies recently to the game which helped, but it's still not close to where it should be). Basically PvE doesn't exist, it's 99% about the PvP. So for people buying this game because they think it'll be about surviving the harsh realities of a zombie apocalypse, wait to buy it. It's not there yet. We still need probably double the amount of zombies we currently have, we need zombie infection, we need harder PvE gameplay. We need injuries, hunting, making fires, fighting off sickness, etc. MAKE IT ABOUT TRUE SURVIVAL. Right now I have 50 guns, dozens of armors, 100s of food/water/bandages, etc... I'm not surviving, I'm thriving. And this is only after 18 days of looting since the last wipe.

Core features like skill trees, driving cars, harder PvE content, SERVER RENTALS (which have gotten pushed back probably 3-4 times now), player-generated missions, expanded safe zones, do not exist but the website advertises it like they do. It's misleading and ruins the credibility of the company. DO NOT ADVERTISE FEATURES IN THE GAME THAT DO NOT (YET) EXIST.

I still play the game because I have an amazing guild and I enjoy parts of the game, but it has a very long way to go.
  4. Dec 19, 2012
    This game has great potential, but has its glitches, company issues etc. If Hammer Point sorted out its need for money, and took out most of the gold coin transactions it would be a great game. They also need to stop saying things will be done soon when there not, and need a straight time period of a patch.
  5. Dec 2, 2013
    Do not purchase this game.its very bad full of hackers,bugs and disconnect problems,bad support
    Just look at the İnfestation forums to see the problems
  6. Feb 24, 2014
    Отвратительная игра. Графика и физика года 2001-2002. Хотя, последнее и вовсе прошлого тысячелетия. Хуже этой игры вы вряд ли что-то найдете, даже симулятор стройки от немцев вам покажется эталоном игропрома. Одни лишь обещания, море вранья, отвратительное отношение к пользователям и многое-многое другое, вы найдете в этой игре. Спасибо.Отвратительная игра. Графика и физика года 2001-2002. Хотя, последнее и вовсе прошлого тысячелетия. Хуже этой игры вы вряд ли что-то найдете, даже симулятор стройки от немцев вам покажется эталоном игропрома. Одни лишь обещания, море вранья, отвратительное отношение к пользователям и многое-многое другое, вы найдете в этой игре. Спасибо.
  7. Aug 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is pretty much a DayZ clone with horrible balancing and a timer for respawning after death, if you are a casual gamer i would not suggest this one for you but if your a hardcore gamer who fancies avoiding other players at all costs and are fine with the massive PvP and lag spikes that can happen at certain points in time then i would suggest it. But yes just like DayZ most players like to be bandits i got this game from a friend as a gift about 6 months ago but seeing how this game is not well optimized for casual gamers i would rather be playing the Kickstarter zombie hybrid known as 7 days to die or 7D2D that is pretty much minecraft based in a zombie apocalypse, a factor that i believe also makes this a bad game is how they made it so that you need to pay Cash IRL to receive certain items from the store and to revive yourself instantly if your heavily skilled CQC zombie killing character is killed by a sniper from far off distances this i honestly cannot say is good but if your able to handle it or you just like killing people who wasted 15 dollars on this game then i guess its the type of game for you? Expand
  8. Nov 3, 2013
    This game really has all its problems as Hacking glitches and crashes but its still fun to play with friends and that's what matter for me .
    I won't recommend but its pretty fun though and i hope if u really want to check it out see videos first and then buy it if u really want
  9. Oct 3, 2014
    This game should definatley be in the free-to-play section of steam as it has micro-transactions in it and is in an alpha stage (although said to be the full game in the description with plenty of features that aren't even present in the current build). Item bought in the marketplace with real cash are not permanent and will be lost immediately upon death - which happens often consideringThis game should definatley be in the free-to-play section of steam as it has micro-transactions in it and is in an alpha stage (although said to be the full game in the description with plenty of features that aren't even present in the current build). Item bought in the marketplace with real cash are not permanent and will be lost immediately upon death - which happens often considering this is a zombie survival game. With all of that in mind, I advise you to hold onto your cash and either wait for the complete game or the standalone Day Z. Expand
  10. Jan 15, 2013
    This game is good, despite what people say. If they focus on fixing everything and on keeping Titov quiet, they might actually have a decent product on their hands.
  11. Jan 13, 2013
    Game is fine if you have to know that those screenshots aren't fake at all there is that is going to be put in the game and soon but its ok they are updating the game at a reasonable fast rate and asking the people what they want in the game which is very good in my opinion. Also the "clan" system isn't real money at all you just need to get 20 hours which is fine the real money part isGame is fine if you have to know that those screenshots aren't fake at all there is that is going to be put in the game and soon but its ok they are updating the game at a reasonable fast rate and asking the people what they want in the game which is very good in my opinion. Also the "clan" system isn't real money at all you just need to get 20 hours which is fine the real money part is just if you want to expand your clan beyond 20 people. Graphics are the last thing in my head about this game but they are updating them also in these little things called patch's but yea game is fine get a set of friends tho you will need to survive. Expand
  12. Jan 6, 2013
    It's a low quality game, but is it worth $15? Yes. I do have fun playing the game, trying to go around areas undetected by zombies and other players who kill on sight. It's a game about surviving, and that's what you are trying to do 100% of the time. There is so much room for improvement. I just hope the developers actually listen to the suggestions they are getting for new features.
  13. Feb 27, 2013
    people rip on this game from the hacker issues well i didnt complain and played through the tough times. warz is now becoming a fantastic game it is a fun game to play with friends. i believe it has some downfalls like it not having cars or more guns but i would recommend
  14. Mar 11, 2013
    The War Z has a horrible reputation, that alone will drive away many potential buyers. For that same reason I did not purchase the game until only recently. After playing for a few days I will say that I am actually having fun. I play with one of my friends and we have a blast sneaking through dense zombie infested regions to get those few cans of food or that bottle of water (or if we'reThe War Z has a horrible reputation, that alone will drive away many potential buyers. For that same reason I did not purchase the game until only recently. After playing for a few days I will say that I am actually having fun. I play with one of my friends and we have a blast sneaking through dense zombie infested regions to get those few cans of food or that bottle of water (or if we're lucky a new weapon.) And then the thrill of hearing nearby gunshots and praying they are not meant for you is a pleasant change in the world of fast paced FPS games. What really made me purchase this game, though, was seeing that the developers were releasing new patches constantly. To me that means they really are trying to get the game to where everyone will like it. Hammerpoint clearly isn't a pro though and it is taking time. I like to think of the game at the moment as an in an alpha phase, and now that I purchased it I get to watch it grow and hopefully bloom. Expand
  15. Dec 19, 2012
    The War Z is an obvious grab for cash after the Day Z craze, but still has its merits. It improved many things that were flawed in Day Z, such as loading times and UI. Zombies are also much smarter than they were in Day Z, and actually will quit following you after a while, whereas in Day Z zombies would chase you until you made them go up a hill. However, the zombie AI isn't great, andThe War Z is an obvious grab for cash after the Day Z craze, but still has its merits. It improved many things that were flawed in Day Z, such as loading times and UI. Zombies are also much smarter than they were in Day Z, and actually will quit following you after a while, whereas in Day Z zombies would chase you until you made them go up a hill. However, the zombie AI isn't great, and you can pretty much outsmart them by jumping on boxes, where they cannot hit you, or jumping through windows. The zombies are glued to the ground basically, and will not walk through anything that isn't a doorway. If you've played Left 4 Dead, you will be very disappointed in the zombie AI.

There is no voice chat. Day Z had voice chat, yet this is still not implemented. Honestly, there are a lot of features that are already in Day Z that haven't even been put in War Z. I also feel the sneaking around zombies was much better in Day Z, but that's because the engine was made for that kind of stuff. The game is also a lot smaller than Day Z, which is a good and bad thing. It doesn't feel as much like a hike to get from town to town, as they're pretty close together. This does mean that there is fewer towns and thus more interaction with other players. This is probably the reason that most of the servers are capped at only 50 players. There are 20 servers that are capped at 100 players, but if you go to those expect to be killed by a hacker, because 90% of the playerbase hacks. Oh, and there is a river that flows through the middle of the map that you can't swim through, because you can't swim. The only way to get to the other side is to literally follow it until it ends, then go around. This is really stupid.

Overall, I rate it a 5 because its an unfinished game, and still somewhat fun. I don't think it's completely horrible; if it gets updated it could be a solid 7. If they, at the very least, add in all the features that Day Z currently has it would be a decent game. I probably would recommend this game if you liked Day Z, its not horrible, but just needs a bit of updates.
  16. Jan 8, 2013
    I am going to try and be as objective as possible with my review. I can say from first hand experience and many hours of game time. This game is unfinished. Keeping that in mind, it is very fun in it's current state. Most of the reviews I've seen for this game are on the extreme side of negative for one reason or another. Gameplay: This game is hard. It is unforgiving at times. TheI am going to try and be as objective as possible with my review. I can say from first hand experience and many hours of game time. This game is unfinished. Keeping that in mind, it is very fun in it's current state. Most of the reviews I've seen for this game are on the extreme side of negative for one reason or another. Gameplay: This game is hard. It is unforgiving at times. The learning curve is steep. This does not make this a bad game. Once you learn how to collect weapons without dying. (easier said then done) Your satisfaction will improve immensely. As of writing this review the game is mostly PvP. If you go into it not knowing that, It will be a hard pill to swallow. With more things to do promised in the future, everything is looking up.

Value: The game is 15 dollars. Not 15 on sale, but regularly priced at 15 dollars. I've gotten many hours from this and I can't see how I haven't gotten my moneys worth.

In the it's current state, I can understand why people aren't happy with this game. That being said, this game doesn't deserve a 0. It's a fun game and will only get better with time.
  17. Feb 26, 2013
    Fail start- Good end ?

Fail start- Good end ?

I purchased myself the standard edition, though i have read already all reviews about this game. However i was angry in the beginning after the purchase. The payment went okey same goes for the installation. I launched the game and i died, how come Spawn killing bandit on a random server. Been playing it for hours and i kept dying hour for hour. I was really angry. At one point on me, for buying this game and on the other hand on the developers. However, after i played it for around 1 month i realized its not such a bad game. Well it is, but not in all ways. You need much logical thinking, good knowledge of the map and stuff. You will surely keep dying in the first hours unless you have a partner with you. I was playing solo and i did not except dying and dying. You can have fun with this game yes but you should follow some rules. Do not join big servers, find good farming spots, trust noone. By following this simple 3 rules you can make up a good gear and then you are ready for action. The most annoying point about this game are not the 35 bugs i counted but the same linear action. You spawn, farm weapons and gear, kill zombies or players get to the sage zone, hide stuff and you start again with Point 1. I hope the developers will include more Feautures till now its a bad game developing to a casual pay2win mmo for days when you have really nothing else to play 5/10
  18. Mar 9, 2013
    I really don't understand people that write reviews since they didn't even try the game. The only mistake the publisher made was the "Steam question". You can't even think to put something unfinished on Steam. So the self-called "experts" could vomit what they would on this mediocre game. I think War Z is highly improvable but it's not the "Big Rigs" they want us to believe. It's a goodI really don't understand people that write reviews since they didn't even try the game. The only mistake the publisher made was the "Steam question". You can't even think to put something unfinished on Steam. So the self-called "experts" could vomit what they would on this mediocre game. I think War Z is highly improvable but it's not the "Big Rigs" they want us to believe. It's a good idea that have some difficult to separe his idea of gameplay from Day Z's one. Premises and (mostly) promises are really encouraging. The game itself is really fun (if played in co-op) and the "surviving atmosphere" is well-given. Expand
  19. Oct 18, 2013
    Graphics [7] pretty good graphics, but badly optimised...
    AI zombies[8] you have to sneak past them, but they are strong in groups.
    Loot [6] Low ammunition Players [4] Most players kill you at sight, just for your loot and for their safety Graphics are badly optimised, you need a pretty good PC to run the game smoothly. The zombies are way less deadly
    Graphics [7] pretty good graphics, but badly optimised...
    AI zombies[8] you have to sneak past them, but they are strong in groups.
    Loot [6] Low ammunition

The zombies are way less deadly as the players who just go out and kill everyone.
    The low amount of ammunition is kinda part of the game though.
  20. Dec 19, 2012
    The game was hyped up by most of the community, now it is receiving hatred. The developers need to shape up, listen to the community and fix the game. Instead of spreading lies and then "apologizing", thinking that we will forgive them. People do your research before buying, at the least wait after several months. It is filled with hackers, exploiters. The community was kept in the dark.The game was hyped up by most of the community, now it is receiving hatred. The developers need to shape up, listen to the community and fix the game. Instead of spreading lies and then "apologizing", thinking that we will forgive them. People do your research before buying, at the least wait after several months. It is filled with hackers, exploiters. The community was kept in the dark. Hopefully the devs will shape up, fix the game. Expand
  21. Jun 19, 2013
    Ok So this game has gotten one of the worst receptions of any game I've seen in a long time, and that being said it did deserve it when it was first released, it was littered with bugs hackers and many other issues and while it's still far far far from perfect it's slowly but surely being rectified and i myself, have found myself playing it again with the installation of punk buster, andOk So this game has gotten one of the worst receptions of any game I've seen in a long time, and that being said it did deserve it when it was first released, it was littered with bugs hackers and many other issues and while it's still far far far from perfect it's slowly but surely being rectified and i myself, have found myself playing it again with the installation of punk buster, and numerous graphical and game fixes.

Now something i really feel that i need to tell you is that this game will constantly get negative reviews now simply because it had a bad reception on release i mean Ive read a lot of the recent reviews and people are still basing there opinions on what it was like in Alpha..... I honestly never expect this game to get an overall good review but i feel that any one considering buying this game should know the truth.

It's a playable and fun game with mates now that it's more or less hack free, there is a lot of promised new content such as cars new maps new weapons and so on, the game has a huge potential but without lying to you the game company running it is far from the best, but if you're willing to be patient i can assure you that for £10-15 it's money well spent if you play with your friends you can find whole days going by playing this game.
  22. Jan 18, 2013
    I have never experienced a bug, never been killed by a hacker, and never glitched or crashed. The major problems people were griping about have been fixed. Its been patched 6 times since Christmas. Gameplay videos on youtube are often set to low settings so that the person can record smoothly, on ultra/high settings the games actually kind of pretty. That being said, the developerI have never experienced a bug, never been killed by a hacker, and never glitched or crashed. The major problems people were griping about have been fixed. Its been patched 6 times since Christmas. Gameplay videos on youtube are often set to low settings so that the person can record smoothly, on ultra/high settings the games actually kind of pretty. That being said, the developer deserves all the bad press they got. They behaved shamefully. However, I really don't have time for video game politics. I've been waiting for a game like this for a long time, and DayZ is too simulation level hard core for me. Give this one a chance guys its worth it for $15. Expand
  23. Jan 15, 2013
    I wanted my first review to be a difficult one, so what better choice than The War Z? First off, I have to say that I've indeed played the ARMA 2 mod 'Day Z' and I wasn't impressed; though that's another review altogether. I bought The War Z very early by buying the "Pioneer" package which entitled me to some Gold Coins (which is the micro-transaction currency in the game) and jumped inI wanted my first review to be a difficult one, so what better choice than The War Z? First off, I have to say that I've indeed played the ARMA 2 mod 'Day Z' and I wasn't impressed; though that's another review altogether. I bought The War Z very early by buying the "Pioneer" package which entitled me to some Gold Coins (which is the micro-transaction currency in the game) and jumped in with some friends. The game was plagued with bugs, ran sub-par even on low settings, and I still managed to have an amazing time. There have been many improvements since then, but the fun has only managed to trend downwards. The biggest problem with this game (other than the angry children who only seem to see the game's shortcomings and the fact that I can't turn off global chat in-game) is that there is no real goal. You can collect all the rare weapons, kill survivors/zombies, traverse the massive countryside until you're mauled by an invisible hacker, but to what end? You can't grow your character, build a safe house and fill it with your loot, nothing to make you want to continue playing. The currently available map 'Colorado' is huge, which would be a good thing except all this really does for you is make it pain staking to reach the safe zone and store your items.

Basically, it's a game with a ton of potential and I truly hope they can work their issues out. Is this a good game in it's current condition? Absolutely not. Does it deserve thousands of 0 ratings from scrubs who played it for 5 minutes and got a refund? Absolutely not.
  24. Apr 16, 2013
    The War Z. One of the most pissed on games I have ever had the pleasure of playing, and I say pleasure based on how fun "The War Z" Tends to be.

Let's get this part out of the way, "The War Z" has so many issues, there are almost too many to count. While there are Graphical glitches, game play glitches and the overall lazy attitude of the Dev Team, makes "The War Z" pretty terrible to play. One of the worst features (while also being the best) is the cash shop. It works better than any cash shop of any F2P (Free to play) model video game on the market, and this is a pretty big problem considering it is NOT a F2P game, but B2P (Buy to play) model. The cash shop is also very expensive, and it is very easy to to just toss your money away grabbing some fantastic items, only to loose them to a hacker just waiting for someone to walk by.

There are a many great good things about "The War Z" as well.
    It is extremely fun. No matter how many glitches a game has, "cough cough, CS 1.6" games with glitches can be astoundingly fun, as long as the player can look past imperfections. We as gamers these days have been pampered with state of the art graphics, complete immersion, and a realistic sense to video games that is really a "Boner killer" when it comes to video games.
    Looking past that you can take random damage, that none of the equip items fit on the Female body, the Night vision goggles don't really do anything, is extremely laggy for no apparent reason on ultra settings and is made to be a "cash grab" (although what game isn't made to make money, I mean really guys. A point off because they want to make money?) I find "The War Z" to be one of the funnest games I've played all year.

A lot of people out there are saying that the "DayZ" "Arma 2" Mod is better. In certain aspects it is, and in others it isn't.
    "The War Z" controls are extremely easy to get used to, and isn't a whole war simulator just to kill some zombies. The amount of detail put into "The War Z" should give it enough credit to bring it to quite a high point scale.
    For $15, you can see for yourself how good this game CAN be. I mean, it's only a measly 15 dollars, and with the continued updates to make the game better, it is sure to be an "acceptable" game by priss video game standards.
    It's worth a try if you can get your head out of DayZ's butt.
    Thank you for your time spent reading my review.
  25. Jun 25, 2013
    I just bought this game with some tf2 items because some of my friends were playing it. I know that a lot of people says that this game is horrible, but I have a lot of fun with my friends playing it, I can't stop laughing when we scare the people with the pistols, killing zombies, epic fails, etc. If it is true that the game is beta, I will be very happy if the developers can finish thisI just bought this game with some tf2 items because some of my friends were playing it. I know that a lot of people says that this game is horrible, but I have a lot of fun with my friends playing it, I can't stop laughing when we scare the people with the pistols, killing zombies, epic fails, etc. If it is true that the game is beta, I will be very happy if the developers can finish this game and make it very awesome Expand
  26. Dec 19, 2012
    I have played this game for many weeks now, since the first initial alpha release and i have to say, it's not as bad as everyone claims. Sure, there is need for improvement, but at it's core it is a fun game to play. BUT, the developers are misleading and ignorant. The whole deal with the steam page is just disgraceful and they're blatant ignorance of hate towards the game as "DayZI have played this game for many weeks now, since the first initial alpha release and i have to say, it's not as bad as everyone claims. Sure, there is need for improvement, but at it's core it is a fun game to play. BUT, the developers are misleading and ignorant. The whole deal with the steam page is just disgraceful and they're blatant ignorance of hate towards the game as "DayZ Fanboys" is stupid. I find this game more fun than DayZ personally (was addicted to DayZ for months). Both have glitches, both have hackers. Both are fun. The only thing i dislike is the attitude of the devs in WarZ, they just seem to want to get as much money as possible and don't listen to the community as much. Rest assured they are trying to make a better game, but I feel that the overwhelming hatred from the community will eventually force them to quit and people will say "I told you so" when they caused the problem. I'd wait to full release to play. Expand
  27. Mar 5, 2013
    The War Z, where to start...
    Firstly I'm amazed of the poor "critic" reviews, highly unprofessional, for instance PC gamer, whom I thought were serious goes on and on about it beeing a DayZ knock off, same goes for MMORPG.com et.c.
    Of course it´s a knock off, we'll be seeing more of them too, hell DayZ IS knock off period. Also, before I get labeled a "fan boy" you should know that I am
    The War Z, where to start...
    Also, before I get labeled a "fan boy" you should know that I am a Day Z fan (teh horror a day z fan beeing positive about the war z..) and are eagerly awaiting the stand alone game.

Anyway, the War Z, I've been around since the alpha release and have seen all the problems people go on about there still are tons of problems and all the promised features haven't been put in yet, however it is playable and quite enjoyable at that.

However, if you´re looking for a finished product my advice is to wait, this has a ton of potential, but isn't quite there yet, as I said it's allready quite enjoyable, but still.
  28. Mar 7, 2013
    Jeux encore en BETA, donc plein de bug de son, surface a corriger!
    Sinon le principe est assez simple.. et accessible a tous le monde!

Ya plusieurs mauvais point, comme des bon!
    A vous de voir... Personnellement jaime bien le jeux.. sa vos 15$
  29. Dec 19, 2012
    I have been here since alpha, day one gamer. there has been many many many improvements over time. it is ok game. there have been too many broken promises, they said it would not be pay to play, it is. said there would be private servers, there not here yet. they said there would be friends list, and the game was un-hack able, bold statements, I know, there are hackers, but they are not asI have been here since alpha, day one gamer. there has been many many many improvements over time. it is ok game. there have been too many broken promises, they said it would not be pay to play, it is. said there would be private servers, there not here yet. they said there would be friends list, and the game was un-hack able, bold statements, I know, there are hackers, but they are not as many as people say. the hate here is on the broken promises, and them putting it on steam in a un fished state, and it being too much like war inc. if this game keeps improving, which I think will, it will be a great game. needs to be a reputation system Expand
  30. Dec 19, 2012
    This is only alpha they will improve everyting im sure about th
  31. Jan 6, 2013
    Yes, they stole their ideas, were rude to customers, stole images, and are overall a poor company. But, the game is fun to play. The interface is a little more mainstream then Dayz and this makes it more Newb friendly. The hate is from people wanting to hate it. It is a game stolen and it is okay.
  32. Jan 24, 2013
    Was looking for a game like this, I played dayZ and love that game. WarZ has a lot to build on bring potential to its foundation version. They update a couple times a month adding new item, building, artwork, a good player bad player element, and will soon be skill tree. Understanding that it is a work in progress and is constantly being worked on and improved.
  33. Jan 4, 2013
    Its an average game that at times makes your kidneys wrench and your gut whirl in paranoia, not knowing what is behind you shumbling at you or a fellow survivor staring at your figure through a gun and deciding. The War Z may have it's ups and downs but it attempts to stay above and make contact with its userbase.
  34. Jan 29, 2013
    I've never seen a more undeserved rating. Granted, the game is rough as **** but it's 15 dollars. You will not get a better game for that price anywhere. If you did buy an expensive package and didn't research beforehand, I have no sympathy for you. Would you go buy a car because the commercial made it sound awesome? No. You ****ing research it. This many tears haven't been shed since 911.I've never seen a more undeserved rating. Granted, the game is rough as **** but it's 15 dollars. You will not get a better game for that price anywhere. If you did buy an expensive package and didn't research beforehand, I have no sympathy for you. Would you go buy a car because the commercial made it sound awesome? No. You ****ing research it. This many tears haven't been shed since 911. The internet is and has been filled with controversy over this game for months. If you dropped 30 or more dollars on this without researching it, it's on you. The devs are jackasses, there's some hackers, it needs work, etc. But the game is absolutely worth 15 dollars. Also, bugs and glitches are quite overstated. Lack of new content is hurting this game. Expand
  35. Jan 7, 2013
    Purchased this game on Steam (which fails to acknowledge that it is still in beta on the War Z store page) and requested a RMA 4 hours later. I feel my time is better spent with the fantastic Arma II mod, Day Z. With War Z currently in beta at the moment, you will find broken game play and environments; from invisible walls to glitchy life ending hill drops to spotty AI. I feel your moneyPurchased this game on Steam (which fails to acknowledge that it is still in beta on the War Z store page) and requested a RMA 4 hours later. I feel my time is better spent with the fantastic Arma II mod, Day Z. With War Z currently in beta at the moment, you will find broken game play and environments; from invisible walls to glitchy life ending hill drops to spotty AI. I feel your money is best saved for its final release, if by then it is fixed too . This is the problem Expand
  36. Feb 21, 2013
    All in all my hope for The War Z is crumbling. The standalone version of the Arma2-Mod DayZ is going to kick WarZ's ass if it does not get quickly better There were some minor improvements but still it tastes like a DayZ clone.
  37. May 23, 2013
    Despite all the criticism of OP productions and the poor job of the developers, this was still a fun game. Once the first hacker purge occurred you could actually play it. Lack of actual content was its downfall. This game shines when you are in a clan. Traveling with your mates is a fun time.
  38. Jun 21, 2013
    Personally I love Infestation. I've played The War Z since launch and have always had a good time while playing. I feel that if Steam Early Access was available when this game came out the reviews would be different but everyone is giving reviews on a game that is being worked on. I tried to keep my review to myself till it was out of beta but some people just don't read the website or arePersonally I love Infestation. I've played The War Z since launch and have always had a good time while playing. I feel that if Steam Early Access was available when this game came out the reviews would be different but everyone is giving reviews on a game that is being worked on. I tried to keep my review to myself till it was out of beta but some people just don't read the website or are too thick skulled to realize the game isn't finished. Expand
  39. Dec 19, 2012
    Lack of Quests, Missions, Story or anything of the sort will put many people off. If you like the sandbox survival genre, you will like War Z. it is very similar to that of Day Z. Will not argue which is better as it will just lead no where. I do believe that this game is definitely not getting the fair shake with all the people dragging it through the mud, and basically putting liesLack of Quests, Missions, Story or anything of the sort will put many people off. If you like the sandbox survival genre, you will like War Z. it is very similar to that of Day Z. Will not argue which is better as it will just lead no where. I do believe that this game is definitely not getting the fair shake with all the people dragging it through the mud, and basically putting lies out there on the net Expand
  40. Dec 18, 2012
    I purchased War Z back in October and I ordered the Legendary addition. Shiny badge was almost enough for me as it was.. The GC was a bonus and I liked the concept of the Stronghold servers. But even so, this game has its problems. Here are the major issues: Hackers, DeV team clashing with their fragile community, features and updates are NOT being flushed out in a more organized andI purchased War Z back in October and I ordered the Legendary addition. Shiny badge was almost enough for me as it was.. The GC was a bonus and I liked the concept of the Stronghold servers. But even so, this game has its problems. Here are the major issues: Hackers, DeV team clashing with their fragile community, features and updates are NOT being flushed out in a more organized and reasonable fashion, Hammerpoint has been pulling off a lot of questionable moves and comments that have many in the community extremely worried.

What Hammerpoint needs to do from here now is take a serious look at themselves and see what they are doing right and what they are doing wrong. Communication to the community on the War Z forums should be more important than third party gaming news websites interviews.. yes.. we know about those. Second, they need to crack down on these hackers. Go after the source, not just the problem. Start going after these sites that are creating and SELLING these hacks. Isn't it against the law to illegitimately hurt another business and their products?

Then from their, they need to get organized.. big time! They need to quit dishing out small patches and start going big, add NEW things.. Like how Minecraft does it. Then patch what gets broken later.

This game has potential still to be great. There is still time for them to fix this and they have to start, NOW!
  41. Dec 18, 2012
    having the potential of becoming an "Okay" zombie game if there are PvE mode, because PvP is very much out of hand in this game. Too many server hoppers and people with awesome gears mowing down new players, thus making the game unplayable for new comers.

Also many glitches not been fixed, along with cheaters.. Although if you find a friendly group or playing with a group of trusted

Also many glitches not been fixed, along with cheaters..

Although if you find a friendly group or playing with a group of trusted friends, this game is pretty fun..until the cheaters show up and kill you all with a flying aimbot.
  42. Dec 21, 2012
    I think the game is fun, when I'm not getting shot at by EVERY person I meet. I mean, I'll talk to someone in a safe zone all friendly and as soon as I leave the protected area I'll hear shots and find out they were tracking me. Beyond this, I've enjoyed my time in game but I wish they had a couple PVE servers. Funny how what I don't like isn't the game, instead it's the gamers.

I

I bought the game in Beta status so I knew it was incomplete. I was surprised that it released on Steam and I completely understand how everyone felt purchasing the game as it was when it didn't meet the didn't meet the detailed specs. I was also upset with the change in respawn time. I believe the company made a number of huge marketing boners, but I don't dislike the game because of it.

Although still playable on Steam, the game is no longer available for purchase from Steam. I've heard that the respawn change has also been redacted. The price of the game has dropped to $15 with no subscription fees. For what it is, a game still pretty much in the beta state, I think it's worth playing.
  43. Dec 19, 2012
    First off I have been playing this game since it came out back on October 15 th, and i will be the first one to admit it has a lot of problems and the Dev's have not followed through with some of the things they said they would. Many things need to be fixed and/or completed but still a enjoyable game none the less especially in a group setting. The zombies are not what they should be andFirst off I have been playing this game since it came out back on October 15 th, and i will be the first one to admit it has a lot of problems and the Dev's have not followed through with some of the things they said they would. Many things need to be fixed and/or completed but still a enjoyable game none the less especially in a group setting. The zombies are not what they should be and the game does need some serious optimizing but i am able to run it just fine on high settings, not with the FPS i am use to but problem free none the less. This game is a work in progress and has great potential and should not be written off so quickly , especially if the Dev's would stop worrying about the little things in the game and move on to the RPG side of the game to give it more balance. Long story short this game is enjoyable it will make you laugh it will make you cuss and yes maybe some crying in there as well. Happy gaming. Expand
  44. Dec 20, 2012
    First off, most of these negative reviews are not from actual customers. There was a giant bandwagon of War Z haters from reddit and other places who are trying to burn this game to the ground due to a few errors made by the devs. If any of these folks actually spent a few hours playing the game they would realize how it is actually a pretty fun game.

The game is still in working

The game is still in working stages, thus the lower score. But as it progresses along, new features are added. At it's core, it's a zombie survival game with an open environment. I think what makes the game the most entertaining is the feeling of dread you get not only when you come across a town full of zombies...but when you realize someone else living is there too and you have no idea how they are going to react to your presence. Will you just exchange a quick nod which is really a mask for your fear of being shot in the face by them? Or will you wait until they have their back turned and kill them before they kill you?

Regardless of the current backlash from some members, I've decided to keep playing the game and waiting for new updates.
  45. Dec 20, 2012
    This game isn't even fully developed. How can it be rated so badly when it's not even done!?
    A bunch of dumb asses i would hope. I think this game is overall very good. Try to make a game like cod doesn't help anyone does it? Only thing making me not like this game is lack of vehicles and glitches/hackers that fill the game with utter hate and bitterness most of the time. But this will be fixed with further updates. 7/10
  46. Dec 20, 2012
    This game is not for everyone.

It's pretty hardcore. You lose everything when you die, and you will die alot. It's not for people who want to jump right in and start killing 300 zombies at once. It's more of a sneak around, scavenge, return to safety and offload your stuff kind of game. Your worst enemies will be other players. After a few hours you'll figure out how to kill zombies,
    This game is not for everyone.

Your worst enemies will be other players. After a few hours you'll figure out how to kill zombies, which the combat is about as plain, boring, and montonous as can be when it comes to zombies. They need to fix the animations and make them accurate. Most of the time when I'm hurt by an attacking zombie it is when the zombie's arms aren't even moving. Also, the best way to kill zombies is just ridiculous. You stand still, aim at the zombies head, and just hold your left mouse button down. Trying to be more accurate with 1 strike at a time, or avoid attacks and move in for 1 strike, then back out will just get you killed. Second, guns are a joke. They're 100% accurate, and there's nothing preventing you from easily placing a crosshair on another player. So, it's just point, click, kill with no other factor involved to make you less accurate, miss, etc. You don't even need to adjust your aim based on distance. Your always 100% steady, etc. This is why other players are your biggest, and pretty much only threat. It also creates an atmosphere where you need to be extremely patient or you'll die guaranteed, because even a 5 year old can pull off a headshot at 300 meters in this game. That's not to say there is no fun to be had in this game. I kind of enjoy the whole super cautious, wandering around, and trying to scavenge things. It brings out the competitor in me beause the game is extremely harsh. It's fun grouping with others to take on zombies, and raid towns. It's even fun playing a bandit that murders anyone who he comes across and takes their crap. The bottom line is that this game has a TON of potential. It's a plain foundation of a game at the moment, and if the developers continue to patch/update the game it might just be great one day. The best thing they could do is stop listening to their hardcore forum fanboys who are 90% of their survey repliers, want things like 24 hour respawns, and 1000000000000 people servers where all you can do is spawn and die... They've built a foundation, why not create something worth remembering?
  47. Mar 28, 2013
    It seems the devolopers want to punish the glitchers more then the hackers. This game is ripe full of hacking which defeats the point of even playing at all. I'm a glitcher that never got banned but I've had friends who got banned just to glitch to have a fighting chance against hackers. I have even killed a hackers who have been walling and aim botting by glitching into walls.
  48. Dec 19, 2012
    I bought WarZ in its relatively early days and it was fun, it was mostly about avoiding zombies and scavenging to try and find food, water and weapons (PvE). Now it's about avoiding other players (Bandits) who just shoot you on sight and take your equipment (PvP). The game has no features that make it stand out, however the dev team are very very slowly adding features that are slightlyI bought WarZ in its relatively early days and it was fun, it was mostly about avoiding zombies and scavenging to try and find food, water and weapons (PvE). Now it's about avoiding other players (Bandits) who just shoot you on sight and take your equipment (PvP). The game has no features that make it stand out, however the dev team are very very slowly adding features that are slightly improving it, like adding more zombies. I am giving the game a 5 because I believe in time, when the dev team do their job properly and all the features they say will be in it are implemented it will be the best Zombie MMO available. (Thats if they ever add them) So wait before you buy, they may never add them. Expand
  49. Feb 1, 2013
    I came into this game with high hopes, I have been playing many games in alpha like minecraft and dayz and they have both been amazing experiences so I thought this would be different. Unfortunately, with it's constant bugs, laughable animations and frequent hackers the experience was ruined,the graphics remind me of playing on my NES. However, although I dislike a lot of it I have toI came into this game with high hopes, I have been playing many games in alpha like minecraft and dayz and they have both been amazing experiences so I thought this would be different. Unfortunately, with it's constant bugs, laughable animations and frequent hackers the experience was ruined,the graphics remind me of playing on my NES. However, although I dislike a lot of it I have to admit there are some parts that I really like such as the inventory system, the character customization and the option to spawn with your friends when you start a game. I feel this game meant well but was in the wrong hands, give it to people like Crytek or Bohemia to finish the job. Overall I would avoid this game until it's out of alpha. Expand
  50. Jun 17, 2013
    LET ME SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT.

The War Z is a decent game. All of the reviews from pre March, 2013 are accurate for the time they were posted, but the game has evolved drastically since then. >Hackers are an issue. The addition of Punkbuster anti cheat has helped this issue. Now, hackers are ever advancing and will always exist, but the developers have reported they ban 7000 people
    LET ME SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT.

>Hackers are an issue. The addition of Punkbuster anti cheat has helped this issue. Now, hackers are ever advancing and will always exist, but the developers have reported they ban 7000 people per week. FairFight anit cheat helps ban the actual offenders.

>Graphics are actually good. Personally my computer can't support ultra graphics but I've set it to ultra and the water, shade, foliage, and weapons actually look great!

>Skill tree actually exists. They promised it, and they delivered it. Cars are coming out soon and they are always adding new advances. They are also coming out with a new map: CALIFORNIA.

>Always updating the game for FREE! You pay the $15 and the game will automatically receive updates and download them free of charge. There are no subscription fees, DLC, or additional charges.

>If you don't like the game, come back in a month and it will be better. Its always getting better and they are still developing it. Early stages were terrible (no guns, rampant hackers, terrible graphics, etc) but the updated game as of June 17, 2013 is good!

>>>In time, updates will make this game a solid 10! But for now its good, but could be better. So 7 it is.
  51. Dec 18, 2012
    Well, I am a big fan of the game. But the game is far from beeing amazing. The thing is ppl from Hammerpoint say that they listen to us and everything. That's BS! Example: A lot of ppl are angry with the game atm, specially because of it price on STEAM. At the Forums, there were 20 posts out of 30 of ppl complaining on something. What Sergey does? He post that He listen to us and theWell, I am a big fan of the game. But the game is far from beeing amazing. The thing is ppl from Hammerpoint say that they listen to us and everything. That's BS! Example: A lot of ppl are angry with the game atm, specially because of it price on STEAM. At the Forums, there were 20 posts out of 30 of ppl complaining on something. What Sergey does? He post that He listen to us and the majority of ppl are saying that they agree with what Hammerpoint is doing. REALLY? majority? BS!
    Oh, they say that they answer our e-mails and gives attention to all of us. another big BS. still waiting for an answer on my e-mail 2 weeks so far. About a problem that I've had.
    This game has problems since day 1, that everybody realized it, just as Hammerpoint ppl did, but they so far done NOTHING against it. example? Server Hopper. This makes the game even less survival and more pvp than it should. Don't take me wrong, I love the pvp in the game. But the Hopping makes ppl just loot and PVP. I can do that on COD, without the need of waste time hopping. Me just like many others are still here because we believe tha the changes will come.
    ppl from Hammerpoint never keep to it promisses. They never release things on the day they say they would. I won't even talk about hacker. Just the fact that Hammerpoint employees are trash when it comes to hack situation.
    Honesyl, I love The War Z. Just not the ppl behind it. I play the game since its first day. Hours and hours daily. with a nice clan. And just like me, they are waiting for the day that ppl from Hammerpoint will start doing things right.
  52. Dec 22, 2012
    Despite the overwhelming drama surrounding the developers, the game is actually quite fun. In a time where the Internet is king, many players seem to have taken to cluster bombing the ratings and reputation of titles based on opinions rather than experience. This game has a lot of potential. A LOT. The developers just need to completely fix their PR towards unhappy customers. The gameDespite the overwhelming drama surrounding the developers, the game is actually quite fun. In a time where the Internet is king, many players seem to have taken to cluster bombing the ratings and reputation of titles based on opinions rather than experience. This game has a lot of potential. A LOT. The developers just need to completely fix their PR towards unhappy customers. The game isn't bad at all, but I do fear the Pay-to-Win aspect that may evolve.
    Games take from each other all the time and this is just another example of it. I have played both DayZ and The WarZ. They are different games. I like them both! Cant we all get along?
  53. Dec 19, 2012
    this game should not have been released yet . it is clearly not finished. it is still fun and i absolutely love it . but by no means is it ready for the general public. when this game is finished and has all the features that they have promised it should be epic. as long as they do away with the pay 2 win elements they are sneaking in with the micro transactions, such as paying to revive early.
  54. Dec 19, 2012
    i gave the game a 5/10 because its in BETA, it has potential with all its ups and its downs but i will still say it has potential to be a very fun game. I havent played DayZ but yes i plan on getting it and at least trying it, why because I CAN. And if i like both then i will be playing both. But overall again i gave it a 5 due its ups and downs and yes it is a fun game, but yes it cani gave the game a 5/10 because its in BETA, it has potential with all its ups and its downs but i will still say it has potential to be a very fun game. I havent played DayZ but yes i plan on getting it and at least trying it, why because I CAN. And if i like both then i will be playing both. But overall again i gave it a 5 due its ups and downs and yes it is a fun game, but yes it can be repetative but technically that is how its suppose to be in a zombie apocalypse and all its in is just in a video game version. Expand
  55. Dec 21, 2012
    Its honestly isn't that bad. Its pretty fun when you're online with a group of friends. I really wasn't expecting much at this stage of the game because I clearly understood the terms "Alpha" and "Beta" which the other 90% don't. The greater majority of people who have rated it negatively haven't even played the game, so overall I do recommend the game, but to those who are sceptical dueIts honestly isn't that bad. Its pretty fun when you're online with a group of friends. I really wasn't expecting much at this stage of the game because I clearly understood the terms "Alpha" and "Beta" which the other 90% don't. The greater majority of people who have rated it negatively haven't even played the game, so overall I do recommend the game, but to those who are sceptical due to the hoards of retards who are posting negatively then wait till full release and purchase it off Steam, so getting money back won't be such an issue. Expand
  56. Dec 19, 2012
    The game is rather fun. Some prefer DayZ still... but I never liked DayZ much. The feel of the controls on WarZ are much better in my opinion. This game is essentially a modified version of War, Inc. Thats a good and bad thing. The zombies are a bit more realistic, and move the same speed whether inside or outside of a building. They also don't sprint around like crazy like in DayZ.The game is rather fun. Some prefer DayZ still... but I never liked DayZ much. The feel of the controls on WarZ are much better in my opinion. This game is essentially a modified version of War, Inc. Thats a good and bad thing. The zombies are a bit more realistic, and move the same speed whether inside or outside of a building. They also don't sprint around like crazy like in DayZ. Though some of them DO move fast, but not faster than your own sprint. In the long run though, they are still pretty dumb. My biggest problems are actually the way the company acts with its consumers. They pick and choose when to be nice. They can be enthusiastic if its something good. But if theres something bad going on, or something bad they have to say, then they twist it to not be their fault.

There are many features that are yet to come. Originally they had a set list of things guaranteed to be in the game. But they have since made a "Foundation release" with absolutely no plans for an "official release" and still the game isn't complete. This leaves one to wonder what their plans actually are. It seems highly plausible that they are just doing everything they can to save their own butts. When in reality, if they were just honest and kept working hard, they would be protected anyway.

In terms of gameplay itself, I am most disappointed about the amount of PvP. Its advertised as a zombie survival game, and yes, other players will be your BIGGEST threat. But so far its been just about the ONLY threat. Its so far more of a first person shooter where you find your own guns. I still have hope that this game and company will get better. I have some fun when its late at night and hardly anyone else is online. The rare encounters are more appealing when you have the chance to see someone and go the other direction, in oppose to high populations where you are just killed on sight and you have nowhere to run because you're surrounded by players who most likely just spawned.
  57. Dec 21, 2012
    1 should be clear - this game isn't finished product now. It's still alpha/beta even is they call it "foundation release". This is main reason for so many negative ratings. So if you want polished product - wait 6 months. But even in it's current state it's not that bad, just missing a lot of features developers have announced. My rating is for current state. Bay or not - go check1 should be clear - this game isn't finished product now. It's still alpha/beta even is they call it "foundation release". This is main reason for so many negative ratings. So if you want polished product - wait 6 months. But even in it's current state it's not that bad, just missing a lot of features developers have announced. My rating is for current state. Bay or not - go check gameplay videos on youtube and decide - do you like it or not, don't listen to those negative comments. There are lot of false accusations or things that are already solved. Devs work hard and patch game every week or even more often, so problems from previous weeks could be already solved. Expand
  58. Jan 3, 2013
    This game, despite what people may say, is okay. Sure, the people developing it are lying, but the actual gameplay is okay-ishly good. There are a couple of bugs here and there, and I have almost never run into a hacker. It also has a lot of potential, for example if more features and maps were added, this would be a better game. There are also some bugs, for example, one time whileThis game, despite what people may say, is okay. Sure, the people developing it are lying, but the actual gameplay is okay-ishly good. There are a couple of bugs here and there, and I have almost never run into a hacker. It also has a lot of potential, for example if more features and maps were added, this would be a better game. There are also some bugs, for example, one time while playing, I was running from zombies and randomly my game crashes. When I log back in, I'm dead. Other then that, this game is alright. Expand
  59. Jul 11, 2014
    It had potential. Unfortunately Hammerpoint never listened to their fan base and milked what they could from micro transactions without fixing the issues they should've focused on.
  60. Dec 19, 2012
    The game should have never been released on Steam I'll give it that. But this game is not a complete game ether, the Dev's need to come out and admit to that and then start fixing it. If they can do what they promise when people bought the Alpha pre-release then they will be solid.
  61. Dec 19, 2012
    I love the gameplay since the Alpha stage. I think many people just misunderstanding this game and about the failed advertising of the dev. But really, if this game is not your type of game then don't play it, let's the other have fun because you guys are ruining the game!
  62. Jul 18, 2013
    I don't understand the hate this game is receiving, yes it was prematurely released and it had a ton of problems. The key word in that sentence was HAD. This game has had a rough start, but despite that it has got better and better. I've read through many posts hating on this game and some points are valid and I agree but many others are belatedly retarded. I've seen people hate on thisI don't understand the hate this game is receiving, yes it was prematurely released and it had a ton of problems. The key word in that sentence was HAD. This game has had a rough start, but despite that it has got better and better. I've read through many posts hating on this game and some points are valid and I agree but many others are belatedly retarded. I've seen people hate on this game because it's a copy of dayZ, I've got 2 things to say about that, this maybe is a copy of dayZ but sure as hell with my experience has less glitchs and bugs than dayZ and second being welcome to the new world where everything is "stolen" from one another. Another major grunge I have is there were 13 critics who reviewed this and tons of users and all the critic reviews are from the early stages of the game and many many user reviews are back from the accidental pre-release which i find is unfair towards the game that it got this storm and now is getting to it's par and people are holding on to the wrong beginning and not letting go of it. To which I say don't be ignorant and try the game now, that it's been out for a while and been fixed. If you don't like it then feel free to disagree, but just give it a new chance. Expand
  63. Dec 21, 2014
    The new hardcore servers are the way to play it, no global inventory, First-Person only, one-life characters. Had abandoned this game, but played it 3 hours straight today. Still the same retarded spawn system that will sometimes spawn players on top of the others, weak zombies, some hackers, and the lack of things to do beyond loot/kill players/die/repeat, but it's the formula that madeThe new hardcore servers are the way to play it, no global inventory, First-Person only, one-life characters. Had abandoned this game, but played it 3 hours straight today. Still the same retarded spawn system that will sometimes spawn players on top of the others, weak zombies, some hackers, and the lack of things to do beyond loot/kill players/die/repeat, but it's the formula that made DayZ famous on the first place. Many guns around nowadays, not sure if that's good or not. Lots of fun to be had, especially if played with friends. Buy it when it's around U$10,00 or less. Expand
  64. Oct 4, 2013
    I bought into this game in early alpha and it has come a long way. I really enjoy the game but they do over promise. Over all it was worth the buy 100% Get a group of friends and the PvP is unlike any other game. Just so much fun seeing a group of people and you rush to them guns blazing only to attract 100 zombies and now both groups are shooting at eachother and fighting off zombies atI bought into this game in early alpha and it has come a long way. I really enjoy the game but they do over promise. Over all it was worth the buy 100% Get a group of friends and the PvP is unlike any other game. Just so much fun seeing a group of people and you rush to them guns blazing only to attract 100 zombies and now both groups are shooting at eachother and fighting off zombies at the same time! Priceless Expand
  65. Dec 19, 2012
    The game is alright, they have been working hard on banning hackers, adding bug fixes. But they have moved away from beta and alpha WAY too fast, I've noticed them change the buy page on the warz website more then the game. And how they have added a way to revive your char with Real money is a huge let down. This game feels like it was made to be Free to play. I do feel mislead on theThe game is alright, they have been working hard on banning hackers, adding bug fixes. But they have moved away from beta and alpha WAY too fast, I've noticed them change the buy page on the warz website more then the game. And how they have added a way to revive your char with Real money is a huge let down. This game feels like it was made to be Free to play. I do feel mislead on the game, There's just something about it that just does not complete it, It might be the lack of surviving. You can easily survive in this game, The zombies are not that much of trouble. So what is there left to do in the game? Nothing really there's no objective, all you do is grab loot and store it in the safe zone. They have advertised this game as a MMO, in a MMO there is suppose to be missions right? So lets face it all you can do that is 'Fun" is killing other players. I find that quite dull. There's so much features that they promised missing I feel like I was lied to. If you have not bought this game yet I recommend you wait for some more things to be added. Expand
  66. Dec 19, 2012
    Here is a honest non biased review.
    First off I have followed this game even before the forums went live (registered within first 3000 people)
    Here is a honest non biased review.
    I would class my self as a "FanBoy" because of the way they described the game sounded AMAZING. but so far I don't think they have met a single promise. And disappointing very much. They have their priorities wrong and the community tells them what those are but still. no. They don't listen.
    - No cars. "yet"
    - No VOIP! SO IMPORTANT!
    - Seems like money making. pure money making.
    - The pre-order packages didn't turn out to be the best value (they promised that)
    - The map isn't as big as promised and not true to size. They said it would be close to the same size as DayZ without the water(160km). Now they say its 100km.
    -No private servers yet
    -Flaws in the system. you need 20 hour game time on a character in order to create a clan. Nice feature but Hardcore characters can't do this unless they are very very good. But also what happens once you delete the character. What happens to the clan?
    - Way too much banning and deleting threads on the forums and hate. the search function is broke! and people don't add tags!
    - Animations are still **** Yes I can complain because foundation release was on the 17th.
    - Hackers are still an issue. All hacks seem to be updated and they need to make it a lot easier to report people (I can't even find the thread with the link where you need to report hackers to)
    - way too many bugs still. I got killed by a zombie after shooting him in a head 3 times. and I know i hit him.
    - repetitive areas

But to be honest. with friends it's a fun TDM type of game. That's about it though.
  67. Jul 8, 2013
    I don't understand most of you guys, you rate the game as it was still in alpha.. The game has changed so much but it's not perfect. But you guys keep giving 0 points but it doesn't deserve 0 because Hackers are gone now. They are trying to make the game better and they are successful.
  68. Aug 5, 2013
    Alright, firstly do not flame my review just because I didnt give it 5 and below. I feel that this game has potential, the devs, besides Sergey who perhaps could be a complete from what I heard, are not doing a money grab and running. They are trying to improve the game. Hacker problems have been controlled very well ever since the addition of Punkbuster in which its still being tackled.Alright, firstly do not flame my review just because I didnt give it 5 and below. I feel that this game has potential, the devs, besides Sergey who perhaps could be a complete from what I heard, are not doing a money grab and running. They are trying to improve the game. Hacker problems have been controlled very well ever since the addition of Punkbuster in which its still being tackled. Of course, this is far from a AAA masterpiece, with its many flaws such as poor FPS at times as well as some bugs here and there but the gamebreaking ones have more or less been fixed. If you are willing to look above a few small hiccups, you might enjoy this game as I did. I was detered from this game due to the poor reviews and of course the thing i hate most ,hackers. However, ever since the addition of punkbuster, and the Steam summer sale, i decided to give it a shot, hey you cant go wrong for $3.74. I must say i really did enjoy this game. No i am not some guy paid to write such but i wish i was. I really liked the open world aspect and the merciless pvp is quite unique. Although it would be a rough start as did i have one, playing with friends and on private servers made this game much more enjoyable. So as a final note, i stand neutral but more to the favouring side of this game. I have no comments for the comparison of it and DayZ. I would say you could try to get it IF you like this genre and have friends to play with. Otherwise, my advice would be wait for a sale and get it. You might end up enjoying it. Peace~ Expand
  69. May 22, 2013
    This game gets far more hate than any game I've ever seen. I feel like the majority of reviews ripping on this game are all due to bugs or cheapness or fraud. I would like to start off by saying that the company's decisions in no way reflect the quality of the game. Sure, their Steam profile had false advertising, but if that's what you're mad about then write to the company, not theThis game gets far more hate than any game I've ever seen. I feel like the majority of reviews ripping on this game are all due to bugs or cheapness or fraud. I would like to start off by saying that the company's decisions in no way reflect the quality of the game. Sure, their Steam profile had false advertising, but if that's what you're mad about then write to the company, not the critics. Second of all: this game is very stylized. If you don't want to die or risk items in PvP combat, you can't rate it poorly solely off of that.

The few points I must agree on, however, are its developer's lack of attention to seriously game-breaking issues. As an example, there was once a glitch which caused players to die for no reason other than walking around. It took the developers more than two days to sort this out, when any other online game would've had it fixed (or at least said something about it to communicate with their community) within an hour.
  70. Jun 9, 2013
    First of all, This game has terrible design, horrible sounds/soundtrack, and many bugs (EX: Some rocks sound like metal when you walk on them, you randomly start levitating etc.). But I won't lie it is extremely fun. This game brings out the best of the teamwork aspect and communication skills are ESSENTIAL. I like how they made it when you buy GC you can't get ranged weapons. Some peopleFirst of all, This game has terrible design, horrible sounds/soundtrack, and many bugs (EX: Some rocks sound like metal when you walk on them, you randomly start levitating etc.). But I won't lie it is extremely fun. This game brings out the best of the teamwork aspect and communication skills are ESSENTIAL. I like how they made it when you buy GC you can't get ranged weapons. Some people may complain about that but think about it, anyone that spends money is just immortal. Also, the fact that guns need to be used wisely I think is a realistic factor added. And after reading the critic reviews, one critic thought buying ammo for your gun in the store is dumb. I like it just because guns are so rare to find that using one clip means your gun is useless if you couldn't buy ammo. If only they would spend some actual time into developing this game... Overall, this game is fun (even more so if you play with friends) and definitely worth a measly $15. I give this a buy! ***NOTE I have not played Day-Z so I can't give a personal comparison of it to War Z. Expand
  71. Jul 18, 2013
    1) First of all people are bashing the game for changing its name to get more sales. THIS IS NOT TRUE, the Dev's were forced to do this because the name was to similar to 'The world war Z' and that name was trademarked

2) people are saying the lack of tutorial makes the game bad. Get over yourself, that's exactly the point of the game and you suck. 3) People are saying 'Meh I played

3) People are saying 'Meh I played 20 minutes and then I decided to un install because this it the worst game ever'. You haven't even started playing if 20 minutes is all you played. You wouldn't have found your first decent weapon in 20 minutes.

4) Yes WarZ isn't the 'realistic' game DayZ is, and that is totally fine because they are doing something different by making it a bit more casual and wanting to appeal to the people who aren't as hardcore and people that just want to shoot other people for fun.

5) People saying this is a DayZ clone, read point 4. Yes without a doubt they made the game because of Day Z's succes but that's what you do in the industry. Something is popular and you follow the trend.

On the game itself:
    It's not a bad game and I thorougly enjoyed myself playing it. I always found DayZ to be a bit too hardcore for me. I liked the scavenging and surviving element but holy did it take long. Infestation: survivor stories brings a game that is more casual and accessible for players who enjoy a more arcadey (as I like to call it) experience.

Most fun part of the game is joining up in a group and trying to find and fight other groups of players. It's fun because the death statement really means something in this game (contrary to modern FPS).
  72. Sep 4, 2013
    this game had many updates and its alright. i would recommend dayz but you have to have a good pc to run dayz.. warz is worth buying but only with friends
  73. Sep 29, 2013
    I got the game a long time after its initial release so I'm going to pass all of the bugs and developer issues. The game is quite entertaining and fun with certain criteria being met. You have friends that will play the game with you. Playing this game solo seems a bit boring and pointless in the long run. You don't mind dying. Losing everything you have gathered in the long hours afterI got the game a long time after its initial release so I'm going to pass all of the bugs and developer issues. The game is quite entertaining and fun with certain criteria being met. You have friends that will play the game with you. Playing this game solo seems a bit boring and pointless in the long run. You don't mind dying. Losing everything you have gathered in the long hours after just a few gunshots is something you will face often.
    You don't mind that there's a huge shop that gives the players advantage if they are willing to pay real mone.
    You enjoy games that require you to spend a lot of time to collect items and achieve small victories.

Personally I meet all the above so it's a 7 from me. I spent a lot of time having fun with a few friends, scavenging and fooling around. Keep in mind my opinion doesn't include all the shady things the dev did along with the initial hacker/bug issues.
  74. Oct 11, 2013
    Okay, so this game has seen bad reviews, most of them due to judgement of others, but some have some facts. I enjoy this game very much. I have found a few bugs. Some can ruin your character, yes, but it has some great features as well. One is (according to your opinions) the safe zones. This encourages trading which is a great aspect. It was possible in Dayz, but it was very risky. And onOkay, so this game has seen bad reviews, most of them due to judgement of others, but some have some facts. I enjoy this game very much. I have found a few bugs. Some can ruin your character, yes, but it has some great features as well. One is (according to your opinions) the safe zones. This encourages trading which is a great aspect. It was possible in Dayz, but it was very risky. And on the note of Infestation copying Dayz, I couldn't disagree more. Dayz is part of (and, arguably made a) genre of zombie survival. The developers of Infestation also made a game in this genre. And the zombie A.I. is ALOT better than Dayz. They don't zigzag and run in the wrong direction. I love Dayz, but I hate how much of a shadow it throws on Infestation. and Dayz was made before Infestation, so it does have more features. And the developers have made alot of mistakes, as not including everything they promised, but this game is still in development, right? Expand
  75. Oct 12, 2013
    The game is not that bad when playing on the Trial Servers were people work together and few snipers are in play but still the map is bland and the game has very little to interest you playing with friends is very fun but the devs are very bad I am a community Dev myself and I'm am better then them a new map is on the way but not a big change. The game has less hackers now but it stillThe game is not that bad when playing on the Trial Servers were people work together and few snipers are in play but still the map is bland and the game has very little to interest you playing with friends is very fun but the devs are very bad I am a community Dev myself and I'm am better then them a new map is on the way but not a big change. The game has less hackers now but it still feels like a COD with a few zombies added in not worth the $15 but do try the free account but trust no one people will kill you on sight mainly because zombies are such a bore and the shooting is really fun this means more PVP tho and renting a server cost a minimum of 50 USD so playing by yourself is out of the question

NPC missions are coming out soon they are very fun I made them so people have something to look forward to.

JUST PLAY THE TRIAL and tell me what you think
  76. Oct 30, 2013
    Looks like the game has changed quite a bit since the time it used to be called The War Z. I heard it was terrible back then, never played it. But played this version, it's quite fun to me comparing it to Day Z. I feel it's easier to find people and more like a game than a simulator like Day Z feels. I would give it an 8 or 9 if it wasn't for Punkbuster messing up so often. I think I foundLooks like the game has changed quite a bit since the time it used to be called The War Z. I heard it was terrible back then, never played it. But played this version, it's quite fun to me comparing it to Day Z. I feel it's easier to find people and more like a game than a simulator like Day Z feels. I would give it an 8 or 9 if it wasn't for Punkbuster messing up so often. I think I found a work around, but it seems like the best way not to have problems is to just play on the least populated server. But overall, it's been a while since I've been interested in a Zombie game that didn't feel boring or just a beat'm up with zombies in it. Expand
  77. Jun 4, 2015
    Game is filled with hackers, like with every other game. But Moderators within the game try to keep the game clean. The game is possible to play for fun, and lacks many things that it ''could'' be a good game. Within recent updates, they introduced "Hardcore" mode where you get permanent death on that character if you die, only first person mode, and no global inventory.

Overall, it can

Overall, it can be a good game for a few hours. But I dont recommend it.
  78. Jan 20, 2014
    had fun with the game even if there are some major problems with it..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  79. May 11, 2014
    The game is not that bad.Bugs are fixed,new anti-hacks are coming and developers still put new things in the game and we will make 2 years of infestation.Looks like they will not abandon the game.
  80. Nov 24, 2013
    To be honest, this game is very fun with the right friends. Also, the game is very money driven. Players with more money to spend should not be able to have an advantage over others in a survival game. Hopefully Hammerpoint takes that money to make a new game. The only other issue is the bugs. It is hard to run on entry level computers and has very choppy animations. Textures are veryTo be honest, this game is very fun with the right friends. Also, the game is very money driven. Players with more money to spend should not be able to have an advantage over others in a survival game. Hopefully Hammerpoint takes that money to make a new game. The only other issue is the bugs. It is hard to run on entry level computers and has very choppy animations. Textures are very detailed but do not make up for the bugs, and animation flaws. Expand
  81. Dec 9, 2013
    So I'm german, please be patient.

This game has a lot of problems, that's true. But otherwise it is just so much fun and has a lot of potential. Play this game with friends or in a clan and you'll love it.
  82. Jan 9, 2014
    TL;DR version down below!!
    ________________________________________________
    This game had a rough start and i understand people are angry about that but about the time they changed the name to: infestation survivor stories, the game improved. ALLOT i didn't play long before that update. a lot of dayz fanboy's are hating on the game even tough i personally think it's just as good if not
    TL;DR version down below!!
    ________________________________________________
    a lot of dayz fanboy's are hating on the game even tough i personally think it's just as good if not better (talking about the mod i haven't played the standalone.) Let's address the title it received so much hate because it was almost the same as Dayz but if you haven't figured it out, it's by the makers of war inc. they never intended to rip off dayz with it's name they just decided to stick with the name war, and added the z for zombie, you might argue that's a lie but this is based on true information. i personally enjoyed this game allot, especially playing it at night with a friend the tension of getting killed is really good,
    but there is a problem it was never the zombie's that got us but always the other players. but it's said that the biggest problem was that killing zombies was to easy and required no skill. That's is true for 1 zombie because when they are hit by a melee weapon their next attack will have a 100% miss rate. making it just mindlessly stabbing it in the face for a few times. and against 2-3 zombies it's walking back hoping you won't walk into another zombie, and with more then that you are better of running.
    but that isn't what you are supposed to do you should avoid them or try to fight them 1 at the time or get your friend to kill one and you another. and what about other player's well they will shoot you at sight doesn't matter if you are armed or not a big problem with it being is that gun's are extremely easy to find
    and you can just take some from your global inventory (the place you put stuff you found.)
    pvp is usually a sniper bullet to the brains while you can't see it coming. but other time's it's a epic gunfight where every bullet counts and that's what stands out. just as well the tension you have while walking about. i highly suggest you try out the trial account and then if you enjoyed it buy the full game.
    it has quite a few problem's but they are still working on it full on.
    as of the time of making this review, they are working on a new map: California which also includes vehicles and new weapons. they keep on adding new content.

Summary down below!.
    ________________________________________________
    TL;DR great game still some issue's pvp can be overpowered the original release was crap
    but this is way better and i think it should have been released just now. it's only 15 dollars. if you are not sure play the free trial. also they are adding a new map and loads of content.
  83. Dec 17, 2012
    The first 15 minutes are pretty fun if you get on a low population server and there are no other players around. Once you start to get a few items and weapons it quickly starts to get repetitive and the ambiance of sounds and mood music that was cool at first quickly become annoyances. You soon learn that the game sounds are just random noise and others in your proximity cannot hear theThe first 15 minutes are pretty fun if you get on a low population server and there are no other players around. Once you start to get a few items and weapons it quickly starts to get repetitive and the ambiance of sounds and mood music that was cool at first quickly become annoyances. You soon learn that the game sounds are just random noise and others in your proximity cannot hear the same things. You also quickly learn that the only real thing to do with this game is avoid players or hunt them. Then you realize that avoiding players isn't even a part of the game since it is possible for a player to "ghost" behind you by logging off, getting on a server to move to a location behind you, then log back to your server and kill you before you know what happened. There just nothing tactical about the shooter aspect of this game and there are just not enough survival features or meaningfulness to the zombies in this game to justify calling this a zombie survival game. Also they claim it is an MMO but there is nothing massive about this multiplayer online game. Maps are small, servers are low pop (50 max with current map), characters are not bound to servers, servers claim to be persistent but there is nothing on a server that matters to a player since they can do their banking outside of the server and they can switch from server to server without penalty.

Worst thing about this game is that they falsely advertise features of the game and show staged screenshots of the game that are not actually in the actual game. I give the game a 1 for the first 15 minutes of wonder but it quickly falls down as a game worth owning. If they are able to put several more months of development into the game and actually implement some of the features they advertise then maybe it will worth reconsidering but first impressions are important and right now I have no trust that Hammerpoint is anything more than a poorly run dev shop.

1. Mar 7, 2013
    Its mechanical foundation - like this Foundation Release - crumbles at the lightest touch. [March 2013, p.94]
  2. Feb 22, 2013
    The War Z has about as much value as its crappy in-game melee weaponry and that’s not much at all. At least it doesn’t cost anything to play after you buy it, and the cash shop items are fair enough, so you won’t see people running around with machine guns just because they spent money. If you’re going to give your money to a zombie-survival game, grab ArmA II and a copy of the DayZ mod, or wait for the full retail version of DayZ to arrive on digital store shelves and check that out. Do not buy into The War Z.
  3. Feb 5, 2013
    The War Z might use the same elements that make DayZ an enthralling experience. But it puts them together so halfheartedly that you have to turn away in disbelief.